• Rating 4.29/10 7 reviews

The Electronic Company is not a merchant member
    The Electronic Company does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • The Electronic Company contact information

"Very dissapointed with theelectroniccompany.com!! BUYER BEWARE. Even though they seem like having good ratings, they are not worth buying from. Ordered an item well before christmas, got an email confirming order, then an email that the item shipped, and my account got charged. Then, a few days before christmas the item hasnt arrived, and I call the check...the order is canceled, with no notification. My account charge didnt get voided untill i called them and talked to a supervisor. Now I have no time to get the item online for christmas, and will have to go to the store and pay full price. BUYER BEWARE."

"I ordered a Thorens Record Stabilizer from this store fully expecting to never receive it. I had ordered the same item from three other stores with no luck. The store's web site and email did little to calm my fears but I finally did get a tracking number and I received the stabilizer today. Their price was great. All in all an honest store that came through delivering a difficult to find item. A little scary - communications and their web site could be better - but all in all a great purchase."

"Tried to order a set of Philips vox340 bluetooth earbuds. Promptly got an e-mail a little over an hour later stating it:

We apologize to inform you that due to our website regulations, we cannot leave your order pending for too long so we had to cancel the order. We sincerely apologize if this may have caused any inconveniences. Also, if you've received an e-mail saying that your order has shipped, please disregard the email. We were experiencing a slight problem where the orders that were pending were automatically getting marked as "Shipped," and those emails were being sent in error. If you care to contact us in regards to you cancellation or item availability, please feel free to do so.

The Electronic Company
North Star / Cust. Service

Then proceeded to get a follow up e-mail the day after saying it was shipped still while the status on the website says the same! My credit is still pending on my card since it's been such a short amount of time.

edit: Have been credited.

modified review This review was modified by alifornia on November 14 2006 01:53:47 AM

"Great Service Great Price ! will buy again. Shipping was fast and very quick responce"

"Very bad experience. Ordered a transformer from their website. After a few days I got an email saying that they wanted an additional $110 (hundredandten) for shipping. Of course not acceptable for me, and I canceled the order, and told them to refund my money. They did not answer my email, and not the next 3 emails either.

Update:
I have now received my money.

modified review This review was modified by BeenToGraceland on October 11 2005 09:17:36 AM

"Wonderful Experience !! Great Company for consumer electronics Excellent quality and prices, fast and effective shipping. There was no confusion as to the type of software I was ordering and there was no need to call for an explanation of my order. The package arrived promptly and in excellent condition. Could not be happier and only wish they offered more software - I would return again and again."

"HORRIBLE ...!!!

I ordered a Plug-Adapter from theelectroniccompany.com, website said the shipping is free. Next day I got a mail from Chirstie Ward
saying that additional 5$ needs to charged for shipping costs. I replied saying that please cancel my order. Then Chirstie replied that order has been cancelled. But my card was charged and I replied Chirstie again saying that please have those charges removed. I got reply that it will be done.

After one month I haven't recieved my money back.