Stores > The Classy Home

Customer service: Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

2016-08-16

Love Love Love

"We ordered the Willenburg bedroom set. It not only arrived early but it arrived in perfect condition. It was packaged very well and the delivery was scheduled with no problems at all. We really love our bedroom set. And we got a nice surprise, the nightstand has built-in outlets and USB ports at the top in the back. Love it. The Classy Home was very easy to work with, answered all my questions and because of some of the review I read, I was concerned. They calmed my fears and everything turned out perfect."

2016-07-14

Incorrect Information on Website, Would not Accept Return, Never Posted My Review

"I ordered a "twin" sleeper sofa which was delivered ~2 weeks later. I do not live at my home address year round, so didn't get around to trying the sleeper portion until a few weeks later, only to find out it was not the size as advertised on the site (approximately 6" difference).

Per the recommendation of all banks/credit cards, I emailed directly with the company first before filing a dispute.

They gave me the run around for over a week before I finally stated that I wanted a full refund, or I would have to file a credit card dispute. For the record, I have been a member of my bank for over 12 years and have never filed a credit card dispute in my life.

They never replied back, and that was over 2 weeks ago.

I went to file a dispute after waiting a few days for a reply, but since they gave me the run around for so long, I am now 2 days outside the dispute limit.

They advertised false information on their website, wasted my time with "support" until I could no longer file a dispute, a their "customer service" will not even reply to me. I tried calling twice and could never connect with a human, waiting over 30 minutes each time.

On top of that, I tried leaving a review on the product I purchased stating the that the website was wrong and that customer service refused to help me. That was weeks ago and was never posted. They are dishonest with their reviews, only posting the positive ones.

I have been patient and respectful in all my dealings with them, but they are dishonest, and have nonexistent customer service.

This review was modified by haysuess on July 14 2016 10:33:40 AM

2016-07-11

Worked out great

"Ordered a sofa and extra wide recliner. Delivered in 10 days to southern Va. well wrapped and in excellent condition. Only concern I had was it was palletized on the end of the couch and recliner both. I don't think he arms are designed to be a base when shipped. Overall we are satisfied with the transaction"

2016-06-23

Not so Classy

"ZERO STARS WARNING!!! DO NOT BUY FROM THE CLASSY HOME!!! I ordered a love seat from this company made by Ashley furniture on 6/12. I received a call on Thursday (6/16) from one of their employees to schedule delivery. She told me the next truck would arrive on Sunday (6/19, also Father's Day!). I told her that Sunday was not an option as we would be out of town for Father's Day weekend. Sunday I received a call around 3:30 in the afternoon from one of their drivers stating that he was on his way to my house. I expressly told him that the item was not to be delivered, that it would have to go back because we would not be home. He kept trying to convince me that it was okay to leave it and I said NO, DO NOT DELIVER the couch. I had to have said it a minimum of 10 times. I called my neighbor to ask if she would check in front of my house in the evening when she returned home to see if the sofa had been delivered. She called me and said there was a large item in my driveway (presumably the love seat). I was livid. The next day we arrived home (at noon) and there was no love seat. I asked my neighbor and she said she did not notice it that morning. I contacted the Classy Home regarding this issue SEVERAL times and explained that I needed this love seat for a house warming party this coming Saturday (6/25) and that I needed the issue resolved urgently. They claimed to be investigating the issue. This morning (6/23) I went to Ashley Furniture and purchased the love seat in person with a van and hired help to get it inside my home as I knew the issue would not be resolved in time. I have put in a dispute with my credit card company, which they assured me I will win, and have wasted so much time and energy on this that was unnecessary. The Classy Home is NOT classy at all. This afternoon I finally received an email (attached below). Are they serious? The driver decided that he left it in a safe place? How about you DONT deliver it when a client asks you not to?!! POTENTIAL BUYERS BEWARE. TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE, THE CLASSY HOME CAUSES NOTHING BUT ADDED STRESS AND A HEADACHE!"

This review was modified by AMeris on June 23 2016 10:03:40 PM

2016-06-21

misleading shipping info --BE AWARE OF SHIPPING TIME

"I ordered some chairs. On their website there was written that they had them in stock and they were going to be sent the chairs to me in the next 6 days or so. So I bought them. AFTER they charged my card, thy sent me an email telling me that they expect to send me the chairs one month from now

That was wrong, misleading, and unfair.

This review was modified by Lciane on June 21 2016 03:51:02 PM

2016-05-15

Bad condition

"Disappointed, when the item arrived was not in a good condition"

This review was modified by chokito on May 16 2016 02:57:38 PM

2016-05-01

Perfect!

"Ordered a sofa and love seat set for several hundred less than in the store even with shipping.
1) It got here faster than their 4-6 week estimate(2 weeks)
2) It was packaged VERY nicely, boxed wrapped and padded.
3) Their shipping company helped cut open the boxes so we could inspect before delivery but it wasn't even necessary as they had not a single dent in the boxes
4) Its a light colored linen set and not a mark or smudge on them

I'm impressed!

This review was modified by arigme on May 01 2016 01:25:50 PM

2016-04-11

Great Service, Products and Price! Look forward to doing business again.

"The furniture is exactly as described but I want to focus my review on THE CLASSY HOME. Originally we went to our local store and found this exact model for $1250 on sale for $1050. Negotiated price down to $950 plus delivery and tax which brought us back up to $1075 out the door. This was after we spent $6000 dollars at this same store three months earlier. We were not happy and did not purchase. Driving home I did a web search on my phone for this model and found it at The Classy Home for $718 dollars plus delivery of $98 dollars making total roughly $816. I was nervous to order because I had never ordered furniture online before but with this kind of savings, I decided to give it a try. My fears were not alleviated when after placing the order I read the fine print on the order confirmation and it advised to inspect the furniture thoroughly before signing the packing slip and note all discrepancies. If furniture comes damaged accept anyways and The Classy Home will compensate fairly. I thought here we go, this furniture is not going to arrive in good shape. A lot of good partial reimbursement does if I have a piece of damaged furniture sitting in my living room. Long story short, I had no need to worry. Furniture arrived five days later on a skid with multiple layers of bubble wrap and plastic. I cannot say enough good things about the delivery service and the delivery man. Although it is made clear that delivery is curbside, the delivery man helped us take the furniture off the truck and skid and move into the house (no stairs about 30 feet) and remove the plastic. He waited patiently while we inspected the furniture (10 minutes) which was in excellent condition. I am sold on The Classy Home and cannot say enough good about this experience. In fact, I have never wrote a review before but I am so pleased with this purchase I felt it necessary. I will not hesitate to order again from this company. FIVE STAR experience all around!

This review was modified by mcallijj on April 11 2016 02:52:26 PM

2016-04-07

Love "The Classy Home"!

"So far I've ordered a headboard, bed frame, and a dresser from "The Classy Home", and all merchandise is very well made. I look forward to ordering more things in the future! "

This review was modified by didda0315 on April 07 2016 07:06:01 AM

2016-04-03

Good selection - Yummy service

"Great selection, great prices and an extremely knowledgeable and helpful staff.

I found the right product for the right price & ti was easy to order.

Thanks a million!!!

2016-03-21

FAST AND EFFICIENT

"Fast and efficient, like t great selection and low prices ."

2016-03-20

Love it!

"I decided to go on a shopping spree with my mother looking to refresh her summer home for the upcoming summer season.

As we went true some web sites we took a look by the classy home and we were surprised to find beautiful pieces for low low prices.

We still have some time until summer arrives - so for now we settled on a stunning outdoor table & chairs set from Modway for just $586.

That was a bargain according to what i paid in the past for similar sets.

As it goes with my mother we placed it in the shopping cart and went back and forth many times to check prices, collar & material until we finally decided to go for it.

From her everything went well without any bumps.

We got a confirmation email that the order was processed with a date when it will arrive, and yes, it did arrive on time.

Now we are looking for a Daybed. we still did not settle on something, but we definitely might use the classy home for the upcoming purchase after such a great experience.

This review was modified by Penhertz on March 20 2016 03:41:57 PM

2016-03-18

ONE VERY SATISFIED CUSTOMER!

"When I first showed interest in this item, I had seen this item on a different website. I was okay with the price but the shipping is what I was not okay with. Naturally, I researched this product to see if it would be listed on other websites and came across your website. I called the customer Service number to inquire and confirm pricing and shipping and spoke with Molly. I’m not sure if she was located in the New York branch or not. But she was very pleasant and professional and extremely helpful with helping me make up my mind about this purchase. Not to mention shipping price was $100 less than what I had previously seen on the other website. I told her I would have to call her back the next day to make the purchase because my debit card only allowed transactions up to $1,000 per day and the bed total plus shipping was slightly over that amount. When I called back to purchase the bed Molly was off that day and I spoke to someone else. I’m not sure if it was Sasha or not but whoever it was gave me great relief that my transaction went through as smooth as possible. When I was contacted about the delivery time, later in the week, I realized I would not be able to be home for the delivery, I immediately called and Spoke to Sasha and she made arrangements and sent necessary documents to me to sign and send back so that my items would still be delivered without my presence. Needless to say, the whole staff is excellent from the customer service reps to delivery drivers and everybody in between. I have not experienced this level of excellent customer service in a very long time! I have referred several people to your website for purchases and I most definitely will be shopping on this website in the future. The whole staff needs a round of applause!
ONE VERY SATISFIED CUSTOMER!

This review was modified by Zana831 on March 18 2016 09:21:44 AM

2016-03-12

Terrible. Do not buy from them

"My wife and I ordered a sideboard from them. $700. That was over a month ago. We haven't received our order, and they won't answer repeated emails or phone calls. We are about to charge the order back to them and refuse delivery if it comes. I've never done business online with a company who will take a significant amount of your money and not respond to requests for customer service."

This review was modified by onlyme71 on March 12 2016 10:32:10 AM

2016-03-07

"I used the classy home more then once. Delivery/Shipping/Product description was always fast and accurate"

Share The Classy Home's store rating

The Classy Home is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

The Classy Home is not a merchant member
The Classy Home does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!