Product & services pricing Rating 2.08/10 2.08/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10

"SCAM SITE!!!! Ordered a dress for my daughter's prom. The dress arrived in time after constant e mails but was nothing like the pictures on the website. I asked a seamstress to take a look at it to see if it could be modified to fit my daughter. I was advised the seams had not been cut straight, cheap stretchy material had been used for the dress with a non stretch lining so the dress would never sit right, poor stitching ~ the list just went on. My daughter had ordered a burgundy dress but the dress that arrived was red.

I raised a dispute with Celebrity Dresses & Paypal. Paypal advised me to return the dress for a refund but Celebrity Dresses refused to accept it. Result Paypal are giving me a refund and my daughter missed her prom. I would give no stars if I could these people are con merchants.

modified review This review was modified by sahm1968 on July 01 2014 11:03:19 AM

"BUYER BEWARE! READ FINE PRINT. I ordered a prom dress on March 28th for a mid-May prom. The item was billed to my credit card account immediately. The item was a stock size, not special order. Weeks went by. There is no phone number to call them and only an e-mail link. I began e-mail communication in mid April and would get messages ranging from - sorry for delay, dress is in production- to -dress will be ready to be shipped this week. I sent them the prom date and got e-mails thanking me for my patience and indicating dress would be shipped soon. Smelling a scam, I began to review the websites fine print for order/delivery deadlines (4 weeks for stock orders) and the cancellation policy, which is not consumer friendly. After realizing I was never getting the dress, and would not get a full return through the company, I contacted my credit card company and filed a dispute. I have tentatively been credited the charge by the credit card company and hope this will be the end of it. I will NEVER do business with them again and warn you to be aware what you are getting into if you choose to buy from them."

modified review This review was modified by TillyH on June 15 2014 07:26:53 AM

"I COULDN'T BE MORE SATISFIED WITH MY DRESS. I ordered my dress on 5/22/14. I needed to have it by June 6 at the latest. I contacted their customer service dept via email and asked if there was anyway I could have it made and sent to me with such short notice. I received my dress on June 3. It looked EXACTLY like the picture. It was made with excellent quality material, and it was the exact color I requested. I had mine custom made and added a few inches to the measurements because I was afraid it would be made to small if
I sent the exact measurements. Im so pleased with the quality and work that went into my dress that I'm ordering to more. Im not sure what happened and how so many had a bad experience. All I can say was mine was GREAT and I would highly recommend this company to everyone I know looking for celebrity style dresses at a reasonable price.

modified review This review was modified by MrsJacobs on June 05 2014 08:54:51 PM

"Do not order from this site! Repeat DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE. They charge your account the day you order and by the time you realize they are not sending you the dress your time to diput the transaction will have expired. I ordered a dress for my daughter on March 6, 2014, and as of May 5, 2014, we have received nothing. They originally stated a delivery of 4 to 6 weeks It has now been almost 9 weeks. Almost a month ago I sent an inquiry as to the status an they stated the dress was almost complete and would be shipping in a few days. However, nothing was ever shipped. When I asked to cancel my order they sent me their concellation policy. Today I sent an email demand for either the dress or a full refund. On chat tonight they promised to refund my money in 48 hours. We will see what happens. I don't trust anything they say. Tonight I received an email in response to my demands for either the dress or a refund. I don't have any faith that I will receive either at this point. We will just have to wait and see. I paid with a PayPal account. I am very disappointed that PayPal continues to allow this site to use the PayPal name and service to take money from consumers and not fullfill it promises."

modified review This review was modified by KHALBERT61 on May 05 2014 09:06:10 PM

"i don't understand why this website is even still up.... they have several bad reviews and should be shut down immediately! I ordered my $200 dress for prom, thinking that it would arrive in time. I had several emails reassuring me from them that it would. The dress never came in the mail. DON'T ORDER FROM THE WEBSITE! - you'll only be wasting your money"

modified review This review was modified by tukb on May 02 2014 10:01:41 AM

"Do not order from this company as they deliver very poorly made dresses, suited more as Halloween costumes than elegant gowns they are advertised to be. Unreasonable return policy will make you loose your money."

modified review This review was modified by Marina_L on April 24 2014 09:56:35 AM

"Stay away from them !!!!
Very poor quality, unreasonable refund policy.

"DO NOT order from these people, they misrepresent their dresses and when you receive the product it is VERY POOR Quality.

Then they hide behind email and then tell you that they will take care of it in an attempt to buy time as you go by their return policy date, then they tell you too bad nothing they can do.

People are unethical and product is not good quality, steer clear of this website - tell your friends do not order a dress from them for prom or wedding - complete rip off

modified review This review was modified by Melmd on March 04 2014 04:39:17 PM

"I should have researched this site prior to my purchase. EVERYTHING everyone was complaining about is TRUE! DON'T buy anything from them!! My 'purchase' was suppose to be a velvet Beyounce sweetheart mermaid shaped full length gown. When the item showed up on my DHL tracking number as a 1.8 lbs weight I was worried. As we all know, velvet is heavy and not at all lightweight. So I read the description of the merchandise being shipped and it showed it as a 100% polyster dress. NOT what I ordered!!! Nothing like spending $189.00 for a dress that you are getting.

I have emailed them with no response. PayPal won't do anything other than forwarding my dispute to the retailer which most likely will not respond. Had I gone with my credit card instead of PayPal I would have had the refund by now.

I am hopeful that by contacting DHL and asking them not to deliver that it will be returned to them without me having to pay shipping to return the merchandise. Currently the package is still in China's DHL site.

But it still does not guarantee me any response from the retailer.

DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM!!! Whatever fabric you order will just be cheap polyster!! Now I have to scramble to find myself a new dress. I will I had the site that my daughter's dress was ordered from. You get what you see!

modified review This review was modified by californiasunshine on December 13 2013 12:17:43 PM

"I bought a dress from this site for my son's wedding and I was impressed so much so I ordered another dress only to BE EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED. The dress was nothing like the picture so the next I emailed them and the fight began...they refused to do anything for me except of a 5% discount I told them to keep it as this was an insult. So I had a good experience but an extremely bad one and I will never buy from them again...$150 wasted and I'm a single mother of four...well now three :) "

modified review This review was modified by chicklet501 on December 09 2013 01:05:43 PM

"I should have read these reviews about buying from this site because thecelebritydress.com is by far the worst site I have ever bought from. Their pictures are deceiving and when you contact their customer service to return their disgusting product, they try to bargain with you. When you refuse to bargain and ask to return the dress, nobody ever responds to you and you're stuck with an expensive dress that you don't want and out $150.00. This company is a fraud and I feel bad for anyone who buys from their site because they won't get what they expect, spend several dollars, then feel taken advantage of when they can't return what they don't want. I have never been one to leave a bad review, but everyone should know how terrible this company is. I work in customer service for a living and this company has done everything you're not supposed to do when dealing with a customer. I can't imagine this company will be successful for long bc people will begin to catch on. I don't even want to give them one star on their review. They need to be shut down."

modified review This review was modified by elrogers2009 on November 24 2013 09:38:51 AM

"These people are fraudulent do not purchase from their company. It doesnt matter when you put in for a refund becuase they never plan on retuning your money. I filed a claim with paypal within 24hrs of making my purchase. It was not honored and I have a ridiculous experiment in my house called a dress. This website should be reported to HOMELAND SECURITY because I have read about these foreign companies that steal revenue from us for to fund TERRORIST. DON'T TRUST THEM!!! CONTACT HOMELAND SECURITY TO MAKE A TERRORIST OPERATION COMPLAINT. Please protect our citizens from this fraud. "

modified review This review was modified by str8anonymous1 on November 27 2013 06:41:55 AM

"Well it looks like I am one of many mothers now adding to this bad reviews and BUYER BEWARE!! When it comes the THE CELEBRITY DRESSES.COM The dress my daughter saved up for and we also contributed to come in the mail and was absolutely disgusting. It did not look like the advertised picture and the fabric they advertised as elasticated woven Satin was just a plain cheap polyester with a terrible what looks like gauze as the top finish. I do not need to go into the refusal to get my money back as it seems so many others have tried and have no refund. We can only learn to READ REVIEWS FIRST BEFORE ANY OVERSEAS PURCHASES. CELEBRITY DRESSES IS A SCAM COMPANY WITH WHAT APPEARS TO BE INEXPERIENCED TAILORS THAT HAVE NO IDEA!
Rebecca, Qld Australia

modified review This review was modified by Rebeccaku on September 15 2013 08:49:51 PM

"DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE. I ordered a short white cocktail dress and it looked absolutely NOTHING like the picture. It was frayed, awful fabric, looked like a potato sack.This Dress couldn't even fly as an awful Halloween costume. Sizing charts area WAY off. I emailed the company saying how disappointed I was with this dress and at first told me since it had been past FIVE days of receiving the order, yes only five days, there was NOTHING they could do for me. After I emailed them back, THE BEST THEY COULD DO WAS A 5 PERCENT refund. 5%. It would have cost me more to ship the dress back then the 7.50 they were going to give me. Overall, EMBARASSING company. Awful quality and most importantly the WORST Customer service I have ever experienced in my life. Such a Joke. $150.00 down the drain.
Extremely disappointing.

"My dress arrived in 2 weeks & looks identical to the picture (just a different color as I requested). It was a lace & chiffon dress and the fabric is amazing quality! I ordered it custom sized & it fits perfectly! :) extremely please with my purchase!"

modified review This review was modified by Leashac on June 26 2013 04:53:39 PM

The Celebrity Dresses is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

The Celebrity Dresses is not a merchant member
The Celebrity Dresses does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!