Stores > The Book Depository / BookDepository.co.uk
  • The Book Deposi

help@support.bookdepository.com

Voice your opinion! Review The Book Depository / BookDepository.co.uk by clicking a star below.

2017-08-14

Sent wrong books twice

"I was sent wrongs books twice in a row. It has cost me one month since I ordered them. I still can't get the right book. No sincere apologies, no express delivery for the correct book, only one dollar refund.
I bought some books including ABRSM grade 6 piano book with CD from Book depository. First time they sent me grade 1 book, without CD. It is obviously wrong just by feeling the thickness of the book. I requested for a replacement book by express, because the student's studying was delayed by them. They refused to send it by express, just refunded me 1 Australian dollar. After I waited for 2 weeks, they sent me another wrong book. This time it was a "sight reading book" which again was obviously wrong just by common sense because again it doesn't have CD.
Everytime there is always a different person replies my email, I don't think they even know what is going on. This company seems to have a big chaos in their book handling and logistic system.

2017-08-05

Delivery dates are a work of fiction.

"Ordered books from the site for a child's birthday. The child lives on the opposite side of my country so I thought it would be stress free to order some books for her and ship them directly to her parents. I have myself plenty of time for the books to arrive before her special day and they still haven't arrived, a full three weeks after I was sent an email confirming they had been sent. I recently got two packages from the UK within three days of ordering so it is not an issue with our postal system.

What really boiled my blood was being offered a refund or replacement "as compensation". Sorry, this is not compensation. It is my consumer right. Downright awful. Will not order again.

2017-07-30

I'm getting used to send them an email everytime I order

"I only buy books from bookdepository because of their cheap prices compared to what I would have to pay in a regular bookstore in Portugal.

So far I bought a total of 6 and received 8 books.

First 2 (hardcover):
- one came in perfect condition
- the other one had some green paper thing on some of the pages, where I couldn't read the content.
I sent them an email with pictures and they said I would receive a new copy. I never did. I ended up just dropping the subject.

Next 2 (paperback):
- they were past they shipping period --> I sent them an email, and they shipped them again, this time I received them on time and in good condition.

Last 2 (hardcover)
- one came in perfect condition (Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them)
- and the other one (Illuminae) had some pages that were not printed, some were faded and some were all white.
First I thought it was because of the style of the book, but I did my research and it wasn't. Once more I sent them an email with pictures and they said they would sent me a replacement copy for Fantastic Beasts *sigh*.
I sent them ANOTHER email to tell them, that was not the book I wanted! Finally I received an email saying the Illuminae was on its way, and to keep the new Fantastic Beasts book.
HOWEVER I received those books, and then AGAIN the Fantastic Beasts was in great condition, BUT the Illuminae had its last 1/8 of the pages torn and bended.

I just don't understand. Do they do this on purpose? I know by looking at the books that the damaged wasn't inflicted during the trip. It seems like they knowingly put damaged books onto their packages and ship them.

But why though?

Now I've ordered 3 more paperbacks, and I just hope (I REALLY HOPE) they come in great condition. I don't know why I keep ordering from them, maybe the price, maybe I think the next order will be good, I just have too much faith on them.

2017-07-04

Scam store

"HI, im so angry with you guys.

I place my order in February (pre-order) (bloodborne artworks).
I WAIT 5 MONTHS FOR THIS ITEM (I didnt buy in amazon or other store cause I wanted to trust in book depository).

When the item was released few weeks ago, you cancell my order (reason: we dont have the item, refund is on the way, sorry). [I buy the item as a birthday gift, can u imagine why im so angry ].

Now I look your website and.. YOU HAVE IT!! In Stock.
YOU HAVE IT!
Wtf guys, scam store?
I wait your reply, if not.. ill insist with this, cause I feel so scammed.

Ps: I dont receive any refund, and I DONT WANT IT! I want the book, I pre order, I paid, and you have in Stock.
Just send my product, cause what you do isn't legal.

2017-06-20

Payment issues

" have ordered the books before. I am aware it takes time to get it delivered, there are no guaranteed timelines, so I expected that.
However, I placed an order last week, it was immediately cancelled. Reasoning - payment issue. I ordered again with a different card and different bank, even though in an email it states ordered, when I checked the Tracking status it states Cancelled again! In the meantime prices changed and the response I received was that their prices fluctuate so they cant do anything about it.

2017-02-07

dont waste your time buying from this company. you wont receive your books.

"I bought 3 books at once and did not receive them. Customer service was not helpful and said that the company was not liable for non delivery for books. I did not receive any refund for non delivery of books. Sorry for the late review. "

2017-01-20

Only buy stg you do not want to receive

"I ordered a book I needed for my thesis. The estimate was 20 business days. After two months It didnt arrive and there isnt any tracking number. I m in contact with them to receive a refund. I hope at least they will give my $40 back. They should be honest about the uncertainty in the delivery process."

2016-12-27

Misleading/false promotion and terrible customer service

"They had the promotion "order by the 12th December and receive your order before Christmas".
Ordered on the 9th, never received it.
Received terrible customer service, rude and arrogant, didn't want to acknowledge or apologise at all!
I will never order from them again.

2016-11-30

happy!

"Prices are very reasonable. Free shipping is such a good bonus. Payment was processed promptly and delivery was within projected delivery time frame. Book arrived from UK to Australia intact and without damage. Very, very happy :)"

2016-11-11

Happy with both purchases!

"I had been reading and looking for sites to buy books that I can't buy in Argentina because they are not available, and someone mentioned Book Depository to me. So after searching reviews and books on their site and having some books in my wishlist, I purchased my first order on September 23rd. It was dispatched on the 26th (the next Monday). The site says that for books dispatched from UK to Latin America it takes 10-15 business days, so I knew I had to wait quite some time. My book arrived in perfect condition in a bubbled envelope on October 28th (by that time, I was already counting the days for when it would arive and how long would it take). I knew it would be long, because foreign purchases have a high chance of being held by customs office, that's one thing I feared. I was really happy at the end.

A few days later, on October 31st I ordered a second item: a tarot deck. It was dispatched on November 2nd and, to my biggest surprise, it arrived today on November 11th. I was already calm and waiting my month of delivery, so I expected it to be here by the beginning of December. Needless to say I was extremely surprised. Again, it arrived in perfect conditions.

The few interactions I had with the customer service office were to ask for the availability of some books, and was always attent and nice. Luckily, I didn't have to ask for a refund or anything because none of my orders were lost or damaged.

I do have to say that it would be extremely nice to have an option to track your books, because the uncertainty of not knowing where they are is awful.

Finally, I WILL say that this site is not for people that need a book ASAP, because there's no guarantee it will arrive on time. I chose Book Depository over any other site (including amazon) because of shipping costs. While amazon gives the certainty of knowing your product will arrive within a designated time frame and giving a tracking number, the cost of shipping the books I wanted to Argentina was insane, so free shipping over 33 dollar shipping is pretty much great. Also, you need to check how long delivery for each country will be and from where, and when it will be dispatched (most books say they will be dispatched 2/3/4/5 days from UK/Australia) and on the confirmation e-mail they state the ESTIMATED arrival time for the packages (I highlight estimated because it's not guaranteed it will be in that timeframe).

Great experience so far and will sure be buying more from them in the future.

2016-10-30

Let the buyer beware!

"Two orders, two months apart, for 'in stock' items.

A week goes by then an important message from Amazon on both occasions, viz.

We're writing about the marketplace order you placed on 2016-10-23 with Book Depository. Unfortunately, Book Depository has not confirmed the dispatch of this order, and we are unable to provide you with dispatch details yet.

On enquiry, I'm informed that item is out of stock!

I have reported such practice to Amazon.

Very Dissatisfied!

eddiehadley@gmail.com

2016-10-28

waste of time

"ordered a mp on monday , 2 to 3 days delivery was statesd and still didnt have it by saterday when i required it for .... useless now !"

2016-10-25

Worst Customer Service Ever

"I placed an order for 6 books. Despite their website and confirmation email showing the correct address, they sent the shipment TWICE to a non-existent address. Their Customer Service Department also confirmed my address after I waited 3 weeks for the books, yet they shipped to the non-existent address. They cannot be reached by phone and the off-shore Customer Service Department keeps no notes. I wrote 23 emails of which half were retelling the entire story from scratch. It was a horrible, frustrating experience which wasted many hours of my time. Worst of all, the book were a birthday gift for my son.

I the end, PayPal refunded my money because Book Depository did not reply to their emails either.

Never again. Use Amazon or a brick and mortar store.

2016-09-29

Fucking lousy

"Book didnt arrive, sent a feedback and they said they would resend a new one. Still hasn't arrived. More than a month now.

I didn't even want to give them 1 star, but i had to, if not they wont let me post!

2016-09-02

Excellent service and low prices

"I ordered two fat books at The Book Depository to The Netherlands within a time frame of two months. Both books had the lowest price I could find on the Internet. They arrived each exactly one week after the order. In excellent state and for FREE! I don't understand all the negative talk about this service. I tried it twice and was in both cases 100% satisfied!"

Share The Book Depository / BookDepository.co.uk's store rating

The Book Depository / BookDepository.co.uk is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

The Book Depository / BookDepository.co.uk is not a merchant member
The Book Depository / BookDepository.co.uk does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!