Stores > The Book Depository / BookDepository.co.uk

Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.29/10 4.29/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.50/10 3.50/10

2016-11-30

happy!

"Prices are very reasonable. Free shipping is such a good bonus. Payment was processed promptly and delivery was within projected delivery time frame. Book arrived from UK to Australia intact and without damage. Very, very happy :)"

2016-11-11

Happy with both purchases!

"I had been reading and looking for sites to buy books that I can't buy in Argentina because they are not available, and someone mentioned Book Depository to me. So after searching reviews and books on their site and having some books in my wishlist, I purchased my first order on September 23rd. It was dispatched on the 26th (the next Monday). The site says that for books dispatched from UK to Latin America it takes 10-15 business days, so I knew I had to wait quite some time. My book arrived in perfect condition in a bubbled envelope on October 28th (by that time, I was already counting the days for when it would arive and how long would it take). I knew it would be long, because foreign purchases have a high chance of being held by customs office, that's one thing I feared. I was really happy at the end.

A few days later, on October 31st I ordered a second item: a tarot deck. It was dispatched on November 2nd and, to my biggest surprise, it arrived today on November 11th. I was already calm and waiting my month of delivery, so I expected it to be here by the beginning of December. Needless to say I was extremely surprised. Again, it arrived in perfect conditions.

The few interactions I had with the customer service office were to ask for the availability of some books, and was always attent and nice. Luckily, I didn't have to ask for a refund or anything because none of my orders were lost or damaged.

I do have to say that it would be extremely nice to have an option to track your books, because the uncertainty of not knowing where they are is awful.

Finally, I WILL say that this site is not for people that need a book ASAP, because there's no guarantee it will arrive on time. I chose Book Depository over any other site (including amazon) because of shipping costs. While amazon gives the certainty of knowing your product will arrive within a designated time frame and giving a tracking number, the cost of shipping the books I wanted to Argentina was insane, so free shipping over 33 dollar shipping is pretty much great. Also, you need to check how long delivery for each country will be and from where, and when it will be dispatched (most books say they will be dispatched 2/3/4/5 days from UK/Australia) and on the confirmation e-mail they state the ESTIMATED arrival time for the packages (I highlight estimated because it's not guaranteed it will be in that timeframe).

Great experience so far and will sure be buying more from them in the future.

2016-10-30

Let the buyer beware!

"Two orders, two months apart, for 'in stock' items.

A week goes by then an important message from Amazon on both occasions, viz.

We're writing about the marketplace order you placed on 2016-10-23 with Book Depository. Unfortunately, Book Depository has not confirmed the dispatch of this order, and we are unable to provide you with dispatch details yet.

On enquiry, I'm informed that item is out of stock!

I have reported such practice to Amazon.

Very Dissatisfied!

eddiehadley@gmail.com

2016-10-28

waste of time

"ordered a mp on monday , 2 to 3 days delivery was statesd and still didnt have it by saterday when i required it for .... useless now !"

This review was modified by disapointedcustomervery on October 28 2016 01:37:15 PM

2016-10-25

Worst Customer Service Ever

"I placed an order for 6 books. Despite their website and confirmation email showing the correct address, they sent the shipment TWICE to a non-existent address. Their Customer Service Department also confirmed my address after I waited 3 weeks for the books, yet they shipped to the non-existent address. They cannot be reached by phone and the off-shore Customer Service Department keeps no notes. I wrote 23 emails of which half were retelling the entire story from scratch. It was a horrible, frustrating experience which wasted many hours of my time. Worst of all, the book were a birthday gift for my son.

I the end, PayPal refunded my money because Book Depository did not reply to their emails either.

Never again. Use Amazon or a brick and mortar store.

This review was modified by hfhifi on October 25 2016 08:51:13 AM

2016-09-29

Fucking lousy

"Book didnt arrive, sent a feedback and they said they would resend a new one. Still hasn't arrived. More than a month now.

I didn't even want to give them 1 star, but i had to, if not they wont let me post!

This review was modified by bryan123c on September 29 2016 07:23:41 AM

2016-09-02

Excellent service and low prices

"I ordered two fat books at The Book Depository to The Netherlands within a time frame of two months. Both books had the lowest price I could find on the Internet. They arrived each exactly one week after the order. In excellent state and for FREE! I don't understand all the negative talk about this service. I tried it twice and was in both cases 100% satisfied!"

This review was modified by HenkSanders on September 02 2016 07:46:25 AM

2016-08-09

Worst service ever

"I've ordered a book, and only after I asked it was dispatched. But never came to address i've placed on my order. After notifying BookDepository about the problem (over 2 weeks after placing the order), they told me they would send another one. But apparently they never did, since I didn't get my order. After more than a month, I've decided to resign from their services (how long can you wait for a book? sent twice?) and demanded full refund. Well, it's been another month and there is still no money on my account. The customer service is terrible. Never again! I strongly NOT RECOMMEND!"

2016-07-10

Crunch!!!

"The book I ordered arrived a little later than usual with the added bonus of one extra feature - a noticeable corner crunch. Now this is not such a horror to behold on a slim novel, but on a sizeable chess-reference tome it takes on the characteristics of a well beaten about the face amateur boxer. What surprised me was that the packaging, packaging without any form of bubble wrap, was undamaged. Conclusion: I was deliberately shipped an already damaged book. Poor form from the people at bookdepository. "

This review was modified by Yetikeeper on July 10 2016 03:25:48 PM

2016-05-11

It will turn up eventually.......

"As many of the reviews have stated, if you want the book you ordered within a month, dont order from here.
Their website will always say in stock and will ship within 2 days - They Lie.
Even after their customer service (who are quick, polite but ultimately useless) have told me that they are having difficulties with their supplier - the website did not change! - still "Available - Dispatched from the UK in 2 business days"
I should have learnt from my 1st order with them - over a month for a text book I needed for a course - It eventuall y turned up after I had bought it again from a retail store. I thought it may have been a one off - definately not, it is their business model, they have cheap prices, pay for google ratings, but cant provide the service to go with it.

Good luck if you do go with them

This review was modified by Siggy_Aus on May 11 2016 11:23:32 PM

2016-04-10

Terrible.

"I only had problems with this company. Four orders I placed with them never arrived and I never got a refund either. The customer service is terrible: They promise you all kind of things but nothing ever happens. Never going to buy from them again."

This review was modified by Bornwithafever on April 10 2016 03:25:56 PM

2015-09-28

"I placed order for a book on 4 September and received confirmation of dispatch on the same date. I sent email on 16 September (8 business days later) and received confirmation again that the book was dispatched on 4 September. I sent email again on 22 September (12 business days) and received a reply that a replacement order had been made. Then I suddenly received an Order Cancellation email on 24 September.

I need this book for my son’s study. I missed the chance of placing an order through the school since at that time I had already placed an order with Book Depository and got dispatch confirmation. While I can understand a longer than expected delivery time, I can't accept a cancellation of order after confirmation of dispatch. This company has no responsibility at all.

2015-09-18

"I have been a client of Book Depository for quite a long time due to the competitive prices (they used to have) and no other reason. The packaging has always been a big problem as it is poor and often the books arrive damaged (usually a common padded envelope, or a cardboard envelope that crashes the corners of the book). On several occasions they gave a partial refund due to the poor condition of the book. The shipping time is also very bad, as lately they take three days to get the item to their warehouse, and they do not give the buyer a delivery date. I placed my last order 11 days ago, and still no sight of the book. The only plus, the low prices, are not a plus anymore, as I find better deals on other on line stores. They really need to improve their service."

2015-08-25

"I ordered 1 book from this site because of it's free delivery. I'm very satisfied because of the affordable price they offer and their customer service is very friendly. I live in Malaysia and my book arrived in about 1 month. I will purchase again from this site. Very happy customer. Thank you bookdepository.com!"

This review was modified by RLCK on August 25 2015 08:19:16 PM

2015-08-18

"I bought several books on bookdepository.com (about 5 or 6 times) and I must say I am very satisfied. The books are shipped in the time announced, however, it is possible that your order arrive with a few days of delay if your local delivery office is not efficient enough; for example, in Brazil it might take 10-15 business days after date of dispatch. Certainly, this is not a seller's lack."

This review was modified by lezambranof on August 18 2015 02:47:24 PM

Share The Book Depository / BookDepository.co.uk's store rating

The Book Depository / BookDepository.co.uk is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

The Book Depository / BookDepository.co.uk is not a merchant member
The Book Depository / BookDepository.co.uk does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!