Stores > The Book Depository / BookDepository.co.uk

Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

2016-08-09

Worst service ever

"I've ordered a book, and only after I asked it was dispatched. But never came to address i've placed on my order. After notifying BookDepository about the problem (over 2 weeks after placing the order), they told me they would send another one. But apparently they never did, since I didn't get my order. After more than a month, I've decided to resign from their services (how long can you wait for a book? sent twice?) and demanded full refund. Well, it's been another month and there is still no money on my account. The customer service is terrible. Never again! I strongly NOT RECOMMEND!"

2016-07-10

Crunch!!!

"The book I ordered arrived a little later than usual with the added bonus of one extra feature - a noticeable corner crunch. Now this is not such a horror to behold on a slim novel, but on a sizeable chess-reference tome it takes on the characteristics of a well beaten about the face amateur boxer. What surprised me was that the packaging, packaging without any form of bubble wrap, was undamaged. Conclusion: I was deliberately shipped an already damaged book. Poor form from the people at bookdepository. "

This review was modified by Yetikeeper on July 10 2016 03:25:48 PM

2016-05-11

It will turn up eventually.......

"As many of the reviews have stated, if you want the book you ordered within a month, dont order from here.
Their website will always say in stock and will ship within 2 days - They Lie.
Even after their customer service (who are quick, polite but ultimately useless) have told me that they are having difficulties with their supplier - the website did not change! - still "Available - Dispatched from the UK in 2 business days"
I should have learnt from my 1st order with them - over a month for a text book I needed for a course - It eventuall y turned up after I had bought it again from a retail store. I thought it may have been a one off - definately not, it is their business model, they have cheap prices, pay for google ratings, but cant provide the service to go with it.

Good luck if you do go with them

This review was modified by Siggy_Aus on May 11 2016 11:23:32 PM

2016-04-10

Terrible.

"I only had problems with this company. Four orders I placed with them never arrived and I never got a refund either. The customer service is terrible: They promise you all kind of things but nothing ever happens. Never going to buy from them again."

This review was modified by Bornwithafever on April 10 2016 03:25:56 PM

2015-09-28

"I placed order for a book on 4 September and received confirmation of dispatch on the same date. I sent email on 16 September (8 business days later) and received confirmation again that the book was dispatched on 4 September. I sent email again on 22 September (12 business days) and received a reply that a replacement order had been made. Then I suddenly received an Order Cancellation email on 24 September.

I need this book for my son’s study. I missed the chance of placing an order through the school since at that time I had already placed an order with Book Depository and got dispatch confirmation. While I can understand a longer than expected delivery time, I can't accept a cancellation of order after confirmation of dispatch. This company has no responsibility at all.

2015-09-18

"I have been a client of Book Depository for quite a long time due to the competitive prices (they used to have) and no other reason. The packaging has always been a big problem as it is poor and often the books arrive damaged (usually a common padded envelope, or a cardboard envelope that crashes the corners of the book). On several occasions they gave a partial refund due to the poor condition of the book. The shipping time is also very bad, as lately they take three days to get the item to their warehouse, and they do not give the buyer a delivery date. I placed my last order 11 days ago, and still no sight of the book. The only plus, the low prices, are not a plus anymore, as I find better deals on other on line stores. They really need to improve their service."

2015-08-25

"I ordered 1 book from this site because of it's free delivery. I'm very satisfied because of the affordable price they offer and their customer service is very friendly. I live in Malaysia and my book arrived in about 1 month. I will purchase again from this site. Very happy customer. Thank you bookdepository.com!"

This review was modified by RLCK on August 25 2015 08:19:16 PM

2015-08-18

"I bought several books on bookdepository.com (about 5 or 6 times) and I must say I am very satisfied. The books are shipped in the time announced, however, it is possible that your order arrive with a few days of delay if your local delivery office is not efficient enough; for example, in Brazil it might take 10-15 business days after date of dispatch. Certainly, this is not a seller's lack."

This review was modified by lezambranof on August 18 2015 02:47:24 PM

2015-08-13

"Not one book in my order arrived. A number of them are for my masters studies - which are underway. The Book Depository will not respond to my emails asking how the matter will be resolved. Do I wait for a replacement order? Or do I order the editions from a more reliable company and secure a refund?"

2015-08-06

"We purchase our Spanish class text books, regularly in quantity for our Spanish school in NYC, and we get them on time each time, generally within 7 days as advertised. Ele Actual series. So far so good. It'd be 5 stars if the price wasn't a bit higher than other places. "

This review was modified by learnspanishnewyork on August 06 2015 03:32:34 AM

2015-06-15

"I'm still waiting for my books. It's been more than 10 days. I was promised to get the books within 7-10 business days. Most reviews I read about book depository is about their delivery. There's no possible way the courier service mess things up this frequent. They way the customer service handle this was too smooth. As if this happens a lot. Not going to recommend this website in the near future."

2015-02-25

"The only problem I've ever had with them is that shipping can take for ever, which is understandable, since they're UK-based, and I live on the west coast of America. I order a lot from them, and have been for months."

This review was modified by sydneylive on February 25 2015 05:39:43 PM

2015-02-04

"Would never order from them again. They screwed up BOTH my orders. Cancelled one of my uni textbooks which was $113 and still waiting on the refund.
On the second order they sent me TWO copies of the same book, and didn't send me the more expensive different cover art version, but charged me for it.
Still waiting on a $16.38 refund for this also.
Seriously, if you live in Australia, stick to Angus & Robertson or Booktopia. Don't waste your time and money with these morons.

This review was modified by PrincessMiaow on February 04 2015 04:02:06 PM

2015-01-20

"I'm very happy with the Book Depository service. I've made two orders so far and had no trouble with none of them. Love the free worldwide shipping and the amazing discounts they have all the time. The books take around 3 weeks to arrive, but I don't mind with that, after all it's free delivery! "

This review was modified by afonso_elisabete on January 20 2015 05:16:49 PM

2015-01-19

"I read all the negative reviews AFTER I had placed my order and was instantly regretful.

However, I placed my order for a book I couldn't source locally or through any online channel in North America (100 bullets deluxe book 4) on January 13 and it was in my mailbox in Canada on January 19. The book is in perfect condition and I paid well under the cover price.

I'm thrilled with the transaction and will use them again.

This review was modified by Randomletters on January 19 2015 09:21:38 AM

Share The Book Depository / BookDepository.co.uk's store rating

The Book Depository / BookDepository.co.uk is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

The Book Depository / BookDepository.co.uk is not a merchant member
The Book Depository / BookDepository.co.uk does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!