Stores > The Book Depository / BookDepository.co.uk

• Contact: help@support.bookdepository.com

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

2016-04-10

Terrible.

"I only had problems with this company. Four orders I placed with them never arrived and I never got a refund either. The customer service is terrible: They promise you all kind of things but nothing ever happens. Never going to buy from them again."

This review was modified by Bornwithafever on April 10 2016 03:25:56 PM

2015-09-28

"I placed order for a book on 4 September and received confirmation of dispatch on the same date. I sent email on 16 September (8 business days later) and received confirmation again that the book was dispatched on 4 September. I sent email again on 22 September (12 business days) and received a reply that a replacement order had been made. Then I suddenly received an Order Cancellation email on 24 September.

I need this book for my son’s study. I missed the chance of placing an order through the school since at that time I had already placed an order with Book Depository and got dispatch confirmation. While I can understand a longer than expected delivery time, I can't accept a cancellation of order after confirmation of dispatch. This company has no responsibility at all.

2015-09-18

"I have been a client of Book Depository for quite a long time due to the competitive prices (they used to have) and no other reason. The packaging has always been a big problem as it is poor and often the books arrive damaged (usually a common padded envelope, or a cardboard envelope that crashes the corners of the book). On several occasions they gave a partial refund due to the poor condition of the book. The shipping time is also very bad, as lately they take three days to get the item to their warehouse, and they do not give the buyer a delivery date. I placed my last order 11 days ago, and still no sight of the book. The only plus, the low prices, are not a plus anymore, as I find better deals on other on line stores. They really need to improve their service."

2015-08-25

"I ordered 1 book from this site because of it's free delivery. I'm very satisfied because of the affordable price they offer and their customer service is very friendly. I live in Malaysia and my book arrived in about 1 month. I will purchase again from this site. Very happy customer. Thank you bookdepository.com!"

This review was modified by RLCK on August 25 2015 08:19:16 PM

2015-08-18

"I bought several books on bookdepository.com (about 5 or 6 times) and I must say I am very satisfied. The books are shipped in the time announced, however, it is possible that your order arrive with a few days of delay if your local delivery office is not efficient enough; for example, in Brazil it might take 10-15 business days after date of dispatch. Certainly, this is not a seller's lack."

This review was modified by lezambranof on August 18 2015 02:47:24 PM

2015-08-13

"Not one book in my order arrived. A number of them are for my masters studies - which are underway. The Book Depository will not respond to my emails asking how the matter will be resolved. Do I wait for a replacement order? Or do I order the editions from a more reliable company and secure a refund?"

2015-08-06

"We purchase our Spanish class text books, regularly in quantity for our Spanish school in NYC, and we get them on time each time, generally within 7 days as advertised. Ele Actual series. So far so good. It'd be 5 stars if the price wasn't a bit higher than other places. "

This review was modified by learnspanishnewyork on August 06 2015 03:32:34 AM

2015-06-15

"I'm still waiting for my books. It's been more than 10 days. I was promised to get the books within 7-10 business days. Most reviews I read about book depository is about their delivery. There's no possible way the courier service mess things up this frequent. They way the customer service handle this was too smooth. As if this happens a lot. Not going to recommend this website in the near future."

2015-02-25

"The only problem I've ever had with them is that shipping can take for ever, which is understandable, since they're UK-based, and I live on the west coast of America. I order a lot from them, and have been for months."

This review was modified by sydneylive on February 25 2015 05:39:43 PM

2015-02-04

"Would never order from them again. They screwed up BOTH my orders. Cancelled one of my uni textbooks which was $113 and still waiting on the refund.
On the second order they sent me TWO copies of the same book, and didn't send me the more expensive different cover art version, but charged me for it.
Still waiting on a $16.38 refund for this also.
Seriously, if you live in Australia, stick to Angus & Robertson or Booktopia. Don't waste your time and money with these morons.

This review was modified by PrincessMiaow on February 04 2015 04:02:06 PM

2015-01-20

"I'm very happy with the Book Depository service. I've made two orders so far and had no trouble with none of them. Love the free worldwide shipping and the amazing discounts they have all the time. The books take around 3 weeks to arrive, but I don't mind with that, after all it's free delivery! "

This review was modified by afonso_elisabete on January 20 2015 05:16:49 PM

2015-01-19

"I read all the negative reviews AFTER I had placed my order and was instantly regretful.

However, I placed my order for a book I couldn't source locally or through any online channel in North America (100 bullets deluxe book 4) on January 13 and it was in my mailbox in Canada on January 19. The book is in perfect condition and I paid well under the cover price.

I'm thrilled with the transaction and will use them again.

This review was modified by Randomletters on January 19 2015 09:21:38 AM

2014-12-31

"Do not do business with this company!! I ordered from them and they emailed me back and said there was a problem with my credit card and the order was cancelled. They charged my credit card anyway and never sent the book I ordered and would not credit the money back to my credit card. I finally disputed it with the credit card company and got a refund. It took 6 weeks and 7 or 8 emails to clear this up."

This review was modified by Atari432 on December 31 2014 06:18:02 AM

2014-12-18

"So you want your book on time? Don't buy it here! I have been waiting for a book ordered 12/1/14 and still no book. I contacted the customer service rep for help and this was his reply. Sam Peacock, Dec 16:
Hi Orders are shipped by Royal Mail priority airmail and will be delivered by your local mail network . I'm afraid as we ship to over 80 countries we do not have a list of every single postal sorting office nor their contact details. The details will be available via an internet search engine . Please check under your name and address with the post office who deliver your mail. I'm afraid we do not have tracking numbers as your items were sent via our free standard delivery method. Kind Regards , Sam Peacock, Customer Advisor. So if you want your book on time this is what you can expect from The Book Depository! You do the math on the days! Today is 12/18/14

2014-12-09

"Unimpressed. They took longer to dispatch the books than they promised on the website, and it has been nearly a week over one of the expected delivery dates and no sign of my books. They're meant to be Christmas presents but it seems increasingly unlikely they'll ever arrive. All customer service keep saying is 'wait another day'. Oh great. It's got to the point where if I wanted to order now via Amazon I'd need to use their 'global express delivery' and would all cost twice as much. Don't save a few dollars on the Amazon prices; just use them and know that if you have a problem, at least they'll move heaven and earth to sort it out. Just 'waiting it out' isn't a solution. Fed up with BookDepository; won't be ordering from them again. Thanks for messing up Christmas gifts, guys. "

This review was modified by jasa_uk on December 09 2014 08:19:01 PM

Share The Book Depository / BookDepository.co.uk's store rating

The Book Depository / BookDepository.co.uk is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

The Book Depository / BookDepository.co.uk is not a merchant member
The Book Depository / BookDepository.co.uk does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!