"Ordered a book on 8/7/2010 and received it on 8/16/10, slow on tracking but maybe that was the USPS fault. Takes at least a week for orders to process and be shipped out. Book was brand new as stated, packaging was very sturdy, saved me at least a good $30-$50! A steal really, $70 for brand new vs. $100+ elsewhere, considering some used were at the same price I bought it new. Thanks Book Cellar!"

"i ordered from this company through Barnes and Noble thinking that any seller that was being used by Barnes and Noble would be reputable. Furthermore, all of the reviews online were great through the Barnes and noble website. The Book Cellar sent me an email stating that the book I needed didn't actually have the annual report that was supposed to come with it and asked if I still wanted the book or would prefer a refund. I replied that I would rather have the refund, they shipped the book the next day anyway, and charged my card a second time! Now disputing through my bank! This is a horrible company! I have also emailed Barnes and Noble, and they have been no help! HORRIBLE!"

"I last (purposely) dealt with Bookcellar.com in September 2005. My order was cancelled several weeks after it was placed causing me to miss the period when the textbook in question could be purchased at a competitive price online. The consolation was a 15 percent coupon “only valid on orders placed directly on our site.” I have never attempted to do business with Bookcellar.com since. Now, about a year and a half later (January 2007) I discovered an unauthorized charge on my credit card account by “The Book Cellar” for $18.95. At first I felt I couldn't be sure if it was bookcellar.com since there are dozens of stores of the name "The Book Cellar" thoughout the country, and this wasn't even the amount of the original order back in 2005. After reading one of the reviews on this site, however, I realized the phone number that another person's credit card company had for the company was the same that my credit card has for them (508-360-8936).

Even though it was not a large amount of money, I am really shocked that my credit card information has been used fraudulently. Furthermore, it will take weeks of waiting for everything to get straigtened out with my card, not to mention all the hassle involved.

modified review This review was modified by alice_8 on January 28 2007 02:17:51 AM

"DO NOT ORDER FR0M THE COMPANY: i ordered a book 11-18-2006 and they charged by debit card twice on 11-20-2006. the police dept where i live (texas) and the boston police dept could not work out jursidictional issues so i have filed complaints with 1) the BBB 2) the mass. atty general's office and 3) the FBI. all their emails bounce, a certified letter to them was returned as unclaimed and i cannot find a phone number. i will go after this crooked yankee bastard for as long as it takes. it was just over $100 but it's the principle involved. i am a police officer in texas and doing everything legally possible to screw this brian serpone (the aforementioned yankee bastard's) life up."

"Buyer beware. I purchased books for my son on September 5. Upon submitting all the information, we were told we would receive a confirmation and that the books would arrive in 3 to 5 business days. Since this is the beginning of school, this is particularly sensitive time. We did not receive confirmation or the books. We were charged $120 on the date of my order.

I've contacted thebookcellar.com three times at 2 different email addresses and have not received a response. Please know that they do not provide a telephone number or telephone support and they have not responded to emails in a timely manner. My credit card company is now pursuing a dispute. They have a phone number. That number is 508-360-8936.

"I ordered 3 books, and the order was cancelled 3 days later due to the books not being in stock. That's not a problem -- I understand that keeping track of inventory can be challenging.

They sent me an e-mail stating that my credit card had not been charged, but my statement (and credit card company customer support) confirm that "The book cellar" charged my card $120 for the books, and no refund was ever issued. I've sent requests for refunds or contact through their online customer support form, and I've had no responses at all. I've sent e-mails responding to their notices about my order -- and the e-mails bounce because no such mailbox exists. I've sent e-mails to the addresses I've found in Network Solution's whois registry for the site, and those bounce as well.

As it is now, I'm forced to go through my credit card company to do a chargeback, which means hours on hold, and a huge hassle. Updates to come...

modified review This review was modified by Atarogrumon on August 13 2006 04:41:48 PM

"We placed an order with this company BEFORE reading the reviews on this site. An email I sent to the customer service email address to cancel the order bounced (mailer-daemon message said "user does not exist"), so I wasn't expecting much; in fact I figured if my credit card wasn't charged I'd have gotten off easy. However, I was pleasantly surprised to receive an email from them saying that the book was out of stock (no indication of that on the site), my credit card hadn't been charged, and I could check for alternate copies on their site and use a coupon for 15% off my next order (not that I'll ever use it). So I can't say my experience was entirely negative. "

"Do not buy from thebookcellar.com! I ordered a book on May 7, 2006 and they sent me a confirmation email saying they recieved my order. They never sent my book. I went to see the status of my order and they just decided to cancel my order without telling me. I have paid for the book so I am mad! I have sent them 2 emails with no response. Of course they have no phone number to contact a real person. I will never buy from them again. I recommend you do not buy from this store, they will rip you off!"

modified review This review was modified by Evolvesh on May 16 2006 10:47:57 AM

Red Bluff, CA

"I placed an order with the Book Celllar on 11/29/05 and received a confirmation e-mail the same day. The confirmation said the order would ship within 24-72 hours. I never heard from them again, even though I sent four follow-up queries. There is no number to call on their website, so I guess the business has disappeared from the face of the earth. I certainly wouldn't give my fredit card information to the Book Cellar if I were you. Fortunately, no charges have been made against my card (yet)."

"I have to agree with the other ratings. DO NOT ORDER from this site. It looks like it could have been a good site at one time, but I can only assume that they went out of business. I never received the merchandise or an answer to my e-mails. No working telephone number. The only good news is, my card was not charged. But now I have to check for the charge every month just in case, because now they have my information."

"I ordered a book on November 1st. They charged my card on the 3rd. That was the last I heard from them. I've sent 6 e-mails, and even called the number listed on my bank statement as the Book Cellar says they have no telephone customer service. The number was disconnected.

In other words, they took my money and ran. Now I'm trying to dispute the charges and get my money back. Avoid them at all costs. Buy your books, whatever items anywhere else.

"I ordered a book from this retailer and received an email saying that the order had been shipped, and my credit card was charged the same day. When the book did not arrive after the specified time I sent an email to customer service, but got no response. After sending two more emails and not getting the courtesy of a reply, and not receiving the book, I called my credit card issuer and had the charge reversed. The Book Cellar claims they have a "satisfaction guarantee," but based on my experience it's an empty boast. "

The Book Cellar is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

The Book Cellar is not a merchant member
The Book Cellar does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!