• TheRTAStore.com TheRTAStore.com Elite Status

Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.33/10 9.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.39/10 8.39/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.25/10 9.25/10

2015-07-19

"I loved my chocolate cabinets. The only problem was that the delivery service could only deliver to the front of the house. The contractors we're on vacation and me and my daughter had to bring in about 40 boxes that were heavy by ourselves. It took approximately 3 hours to bring everything into the house.

The RTA employees are amazing. Very helpful and friendly. "

2015-07-10

"So happy with our purchase from RTA! Incredibly fast shipping on our products. Customer service is so easy to deal with, they are very helpful! We will be using your kitchen design services when we redo our kitchen.

Thanks for having so many great products that are high quality!!"

2015-06-21

"The primary question, would I buy from RTA again. Yes, I think I would, but with some caveats. You need to be very handy, not be in a hurry, accept that pieces will come damaged, and work around damage. I estimate I saved $1500 on a small kitchenette, so the savings for a full kitchen would be very substantial. I would not buy pre-assembled as I'd be afraid of the damage and possible poor assembly.

PROS: price, quality cabinet doors, customer service!! (this is what made the whole process tolerable)
CONS: damages pieces, painful delivery process, warped material, some parts needed custom modification

I am putting in a small kitchenette, and priced out the normal Home Depot/Lowes/Custom solutions. I hate letting HD and the like install anything, the sub-contractors often do a sub-par job and the recourse is a pain (going through the store). Plus, the price of cabinets made of fiber board was high and took 6-8 weeks to deliver. If you install it yourself, there is little help if something comes a bit wrong. So I looked online and found RTA, read reviews, and gave it a try. I ordered Regency Expresso.

The pain of delivery started when the local freight company called for delivery. They said the pallet weighted 900 lbs, do you have a fork lift? Umm, no, this is residential. The RTA store literature said I should take it off piece by piece and inspect it. They said there is an extra charge for that process and we should have had a lift gate. Long story, this went back and forth between the freight company, a middle man, and the RTA store for almost 2 weeks. The end result was a LG would not work, and we took it off piece by piece. We had to be home mid-day to receive it. Note that RTA customer service was extremely prompt to my email and worked through this, it just took a long time.

The damage was substantial. (Also, be careful ordering stain, my leaked in transit) We took pictures and the driver noted the damage on the paperwork, no issues there. Contacted the RTA store and another long story, but it took ~3 weeks to get through this and get replacements. I had ordered a couple large panels and I was told a new one would just get damaged in transit anyways, (then why sell them?). I told them I could work around the damage, but I would either like a discount or to replace a crown moulding piece that was very warped. I was told no discounts, and no substitutions. I said fine, I was just trying to save you money and me time, so ship the large panel. A bit later I was asked if they could cut the panel down so it was easier to ship. In the end, they agreed to an extra crown moulding and cut another down. I kept asking for tracking number for the shipment or a delivery estimate, never got one, but one day they appeared at my doorstep.

The replacement items came, the replacement doors were if good condition, the replacement panel was worse than the original. I gave up and decided to work around/touch up the damage. It just wasn't worth the effort anymore.

Assembly: Watch the videos, written instructions are not helpful. This went fine, some pieces were warped and I needed to use some clamps and glue. For the cabinet drawers, I cut down the plastic pieces that hold the back of the drawer roller bracket on the cabinet. The drawers didn't seem to close completely unless I did this. A note on the uppers, they can be flipped for either end to be the top, but the doors don't necessarily line up across cabinets, I had to re-drill some to get them to line up (the hinges have a lot of adjustment, but there is no up/down). The stock drawer slides are just sufficient, if this was for a main kitchen I recommend upgrading these.

The toe kick panel I orders was much thinner than the toe kicks that come with each cabinet. I was going to use the filler to do a long run of cabinets without caps, but the thin filler panel would not cover the cap in the floor. So I didn't use it.

Long review, hope it helps folks, reading the reviews helped me make my decision.

2015-05-26

"I was having trouble placing my order online, I got an email from Samantha and then we did a live chat. She was very patient and helpful. She didn't get off the chat until my order was placed and I was satisfied. She is awesome"

2015-05-13

"Now that they are installed, I wanted to finally report how very very pleased we are with our purchase of French Vanilla Glaze cabinets! Our experience with the RTA Store has been outstanding from start to finish. Casey, who helped me with questions about design and products was extraordinarily helpful. Surprisingly so. He was actually proactive in even calling ME to make sure my placed order was correct, because when I placed it looked a little different than we had discussed. Unheard of! All the other people who fielded my calls and emails were also a delight to deal with, and didn't just talk, but actually resolved any issues that came up VERY speedily. The 2 damaged items I found on inspection after delivery were expediently replaced, with the best customer service I think I have ever had. Well done!!

The cabinets themselves are very ,very good. Our previous cabinet maker from our last build helped put these together. He was shocked and amazed at the quality, as was our trim carpenter, who also builds cabinets. They could not believe the quality of construction in these units, and now talk about using your products in the future rather than build their own. The only thing our installer preferred to do different was assemble them with pocket screws and glue as opposed to stapling them, for an even sturdier construction.

We now have friends (who are also building a house) just place their own order with RTA store as well, although they had started out looking at a different rta company. Partly because of our great experience, you gained yet another customer. :)

Thank you for delivering a fantastic product, at a great price, and following it up with excellent customer service. We highly recommend you to everyone we talk to. "

2015-04-09

"We recently remodeled our kitchen. I started by sending over a basic hand drawn sketch. What I was looking for was not a basic kitchen. Desiree nailed it in the first try! Cabinets were easy to put together, and easy to install. Everything from ordering to shipping to installing was great! I highly recommend TheRta store."

2015-03-31

"It was a wonderful experience. My kitchen was designed by Kelsey. Her design was exactly what I was looking for. Her responses to emails and questions were not only quick, but extremely informative. She gave me a complete design and layout with all required items for installation. It couldn't have been easier and I could not be happier. "

2015-03-02

"TheRTAStore.com was wonderful to work with - From the designer who assisted us at the very beginning to the customer support staff who assisted us after we received the cabinets. Also, the quality of the cabinets are fantastic. We had issues with UPS delivering the cabinets, but that was not an issue with TheRTAStore.com."

2015-02-28

"The people that work at the RTA Store are excellent. In the initial contact Desiree designed my kitchen and was able to guide me thru what was needed. After a couple of planning months, my cupboards arrived as scheduled. The cupboards are very well made and most were very easy to put together. My contractors were able to make everything fit together and once the trim was installed my kitchen was beautiful. Thank you RTA for making my new kitchen a showcase. "

2015-02-26

"Desiree was a great designer in helping me with the layout of my kitchen. I had one damaged door on the order and it was replaced immediately. No issues. Great service!"

2015-02-24

"Highly recommended supplier.

Service and support are fast and convenient, everyone is super courteous, knowledgeable and very good communicators.

Product quality, fit and finish on a scale of 1-10, 10 being outstanding, I'd rate it as a 9. Only con is the plywood is lower quality than desired but which is typical of China sourced wood products. Stain is real, it is not painted wood texture which is typical in lower quality products.

Cabinet install diagrams, instructions and youtube videos is good, more detail would be desirable. I only needed help with a few specific undocumented items.

Again, great supplier, will buy more product from them in the future.

2015-02-24

"Excellent customer service! Our kitchen designer, Desiree was amazing during the whole process and very responsive with our multiple quesitons. Cabinets arrived well packaged and with no damage. Will definitley use again for our next home renovation project!"

2015-02-17

"I remodeled my Kitchen & Bathroom with RTA Biscotti Cabinets. I love my new cabinets and worked with Kelsey Bottari from RTA. She made all the difference in the ultimate success of my Remodel Project. I gave Kelsey the Professional Kitchen Layout that I had already and she made the necessary alterations based on my wants and needs. I am extremely satisfied and pleased with the outcome. I still go to Kelsey and ask for her advice when ordering things for my Kitchen & Bath today. Love my cabinets and the price was so reasonable and great quality. "

2015-02-13

"Kelsey was amazing, so helpful and easy to deal with. She had so much patience and went above and beyond my expectations. "

2015-02-09

"We ordered the aspen white shaker RTA cabinets from the rta store and we are so happy we did! The cabinets look awesome and are very durable. We just finished the countertops last week and the entire kitchen looks great!

Best of all we saved over $4500 by going with the rta store over our local store, now we're going on vacation!"

Share TheRTAStore.com's store rating

TheRTAStore.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

TheRTAStore.com is a merchant member
TheRTAStore.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,713 merchant members.