Stores > TheRTAStore.com

Product & services pricing Rating 7.71/10 7.71/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.17/10 9.17/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10

"We purchased our kitchen cabinets from The RTA store and we were fortunate enough to have Nicholette as our kitchen designer. She was amazing. Had wonderful suggestions and ideas. She really cares about the finished product. Kept me calm when making such a huge purchase online. I would do it all over in a heartbeat minute! The product quality is wonderful, not cheap box store cabinets. The finished look, couldn't be happier."

"Good Evening - my name is Joan Horn and I have been working with Chris Jackson for the last month on my kitchen design. I was not going to use a design expert as I thought I would be pushed to buy items that were not needed, but decided to try it since there was no obligation through your website. I was incredibly lucky to have Chris Jackson respond to my request. He consistently answered all my questions -- some even before I asked -- in a professional, courteous, and friendly manner. He was extremely knowledgeable about the products and was not hesitant to offer his expert opinion at times when I was unsure of a decision.

I was surprised at the quick response to each of my emails as I was in the very early planning stage and really just curious as we won't start the renovations until January. Once we began the process, and with the Veterans Day sale in sight, I decided to go forward with my order of Shaker Honey cabinets.

Chris helped me with the complete order and checked over everything a few times for me. Even though I had changed my mind a few times during the process, Chris never showed any impatience, was always enthusiastic, and treated me like I was his only customer although I'm sure he has many trying to get their kitchens done before the holidays. He was/is the ultimate professional -- always making me feel like I was the only person he was working with. I am truly impressed with your company because of him and will tell all friends and relatives about both him and the RTA Store.

I did thank Chris repeatedly but hope that you will also commend him on his professionalism and friendliness he showed to me.

"I love my cabinets and this company has the very best people to help with the design and selection of the cabinets. Out of four sources they also had the best pricing. Thank you RTA I love my kitchen."

This review was modified by K_davidson on November 16 2015 04:00:01 PM

"Working with RTA saved me over half of what it would cost if I paid a kitchen installer- that alone was worth the experience! However, the design staff was amazing and the cabinets are absolutely beautiful!! My kitchen makes me gasp ever time I enter the room, and when I look at pictures- I can't believe it is just down the hall.
The only reason it was not a 5 star experience is the pressure of examining the cabinets within 5 days of getting them. We opened every box, but short of taking out every piece and examining it we missed a few scratches and cracks. We are regulars people who never installed a kitchen and 5 days was a lot of pressure to pull ever box apart. However, RTA did replace the pieces in a timely manner. Having to get the boxes off the end of the truck and into the home left me bruised. Not every box came with instructions. But assembly was pretty easy once you got a few under your belt. If you think you can't afford to do your kitchen- RTA will prove you wrong!

This review was modified by pjwhiteemail on November 13 2015 07:33:02 AM

"The quality of the cabinets is very high. The soft close hardware is the same found on higher end cabinetry. Assembly is straightforward and after the first couple of cabinets becomes routine and take almost no time at all. By doing the assembly, I was able to get more kitchen for the money. Kelsey was great to work with, showing me designs I hadn't thought about and keeping my budget in mind. Everyone at the RTA store kept me informed as to status of order and shipment details. I definitely would recommend them and make future purchases with them."

"Desiree was so great to work with!!!! I can't wait to get my kitchen all put together!!! She was able to give me do many extras for a great price. She turned my kitchen nightmare into my dream kitchen!!"

"great experience start to finish, total pros. Desiree Carey worked with me and found a couple of errors I had made before the order, saved me a lot of time and frustration, she never tried to up sell me, a peeve for me. she did make me aware of other options. boxes arrived packed tight on pallets, I bought the ready to assemble cabinets. One criticism, the instructions left me a little bewildered, so I tossed them aside and watched their video on the internet, then it all made perfect sense, putting together 12 wall, 14 base 2 pantry and a wall oven cabinet was a breeze, a little time consuming but after the first I actually enjoyed the work and was going at a pace that saved me about 30.00 for every hour I was assembling. The finished product is amazing and about 1/3rd the cost of the big depot stores! From someone that shopped local and nationwide for a reasonable deal, this is the place. I will be building a commercial restaurant next year and will use R T A again. "

"What a great experience! From the minute I started working with Kelsey through installation of my cabinets, everything went seamlessly. Kelsey was instrumental in making suggestions to best utilize my space, I got exactly what I ordered, everything was in perfect condition. And at great prices:)

I will refer TheRTAStore to everyone I know that needs cabinets!

"I loved my chocolate cabinets. The only problem was that the delivery service could only deliver to the front of the house. The contractors we're on vacation and me and my daughter had to bring in about 40 boxes that were heavy by ourselves. It took approximately 3 hours to bring everything into the house.

The RTA employees are amazing. Very helpful and friendly.

"So happy with our purchase from RTA! Incredibly fast shipping on our products. Customer service is so easy to deal with, they are very helpful! We will be using your kitchen design services when we redo our kitchen.

Thanks for having so many great products that are high quality!!

"The primary question, would I buy from RTA again. Yes, I think I would, but with some caveats. You need to be very handy, not be in a hurry, accept that pieces will come damaged, and work around damage. I estimate I saved $1500 on a small kitchenette, so the savings for a full kitchen would be very substantial. I would not buy pre-assembled as I'd be afraid of the damage and possible poor assembly.

PROS: price, quality cabinet doors, customer service!! (this is what made the whole process tolerable)
CONS: damages pieces, painful delivery process, warped material, some parts needed custom modification

I am putting in a small kitchenette, and priced out the normal Home Depot/Lowes/Custom solutions. I hate letting HD and the like install anything, the sub-contractors often do a sub-par job and the recourse is a pain (going through the store). Plus, the price of cabinets made of fiber board was high and took 6-8 weeks to deliver. If you install it yourself, there is little help if something comes a bit wrong. So I looked online and found RTA, read reviews, and gave it a try. I ordered Regency Expresso.

The pain of delivery started when the local freight company called for delivery. They said the pallet weighted 900 lbs, do you have a fork lift? Umm, no, this is residential. The RTA store literature said I should take it off piece by piece and inspect it. They said there is an extra charge for that process and we should have had a lift gate. Long story, this went back and forth between the freight company, a middle man, and the RTA store for almost 2 weeks. The end result was a LG would not work, and we took it off piece by piece. We had to be home mid-day to receive it. Note that RTA customer service was extremely prompt to my email and worked through this, it just took a long time.

The damage was substantial. (Also, be careful ordering stain, my leaked in transit) We took pictures and the driver noted the damage on the paperwork, no issues there. Contacted the RTA store and another long story, but it took ~3 weeks to get through this and get replacements. I had ordered a couple large panels and I was told a new one would just get damaged in transit anyways, (then why sell them?). I told them I could work around the damage, but I would either like a discount or to replace a crown moulding piece that was very warped. I was told no discounts, and no substitutions. I said fine, I was just trying to save you money and me time, so ship the large panel. A bit later I was asked if they could cut the panel down so it was easier to ship. In the end, they agreed to an extra crown moulding and cut another down. I kept asking for tracking number for the shipment or a delivery estimate, never got one, but one day they appeared at my doorstep.

The replacement items came, the replacement doors were if good condition, the replacement panel was worse than the original. I gave up and decided to work around/touch up the damage. It just wasn't worth the effort anymore.

Assembly: Watch the videos, written instructions are not helpful. This went fine, some pieces were warped and I needed to use some clamps and glue. For the cabinet drawers, I cut down the plastic pieces that hold the back of the drawer roller bracket on the cabinet. The drawers didn't seem to close completely unless I did this. A note on the uppers, they can be flipped for either end to be the top, but the doors don't necessarily line up across cabinets, I had to re-drill some to get them to line up (the hinges have a lot of adjustment, but there is no up/down). The stock drawer slides are just sufficient, if this was for a main kitchen I recommend upgrading these.

The toe kick panel I orders was much thinner than the toe kicks that come with each cabinet. I was going to use the filler to do a long run of cabinets without caps, but the thin filler panel would not cover the cap in the floor. So I didn't use it.

Long review, hope it helps folks, reading the reviews helped me make my decision.

"I was having trouble placing my order online, I got an email from Samantha and then we did a live chat. She was very patient and helpful. She didn't get off the chat until my order was placed and I was satisfied. She is awesome"

"Now that they are installed, I wanted to finally report how very very pleased we are with our purchase of French Vanilla Glaze cabinets! Our experience with the RTA Store has been outstanding from start to finish. Casey, who helped me with questions about design and products was extraordinarily helpful. Surprisingly so. He was actually proactive in even calling ME to make sure my placed order was correct, because when I placed it looked a little different than we had discussed. Unheard of! All the other people who fielded my calls and emails were also a delight to deal with, and didn't just talk, but actually resolved any issues that came up VERY speedily. The 2 damaged items I found on inspection after delivery were expediently replaced, with the best customer service I think I have ever had. Well done!!

The cabinets themselves are very ,very good. Our previous cabinet maker from our last build helped put these together. He was shocked and amazed at the quality, as was our trim carpenter, who also builds cabinets. They could not believe the quality of construction in these units, and now talk about using your products in the future rather than build their own. The only thing our installer preferred to do different was assemble them with pocket screws and glue as opposed to stapling them, for an even sturdier construction.

We now have friends (who are also building a house) just place their own order with RTA store as well, although they had started out looking at a different rta company. Partly because of our great experience, you gained yet another customer. :)

Thank you for delivering a fantastic product, at a great price, and following it up with excellent customer service. We highly recommend you to everyone we talk to.

"We recently remodeled our kitchen. I started by sending over a basic hand drawn sketch. What I was looking for was not a basic kitchen. Desiree nailed it in the first try! Cabinets were easy to put together, and easy to install. Everything from ordering to shipping to installing was great! I highly recommend TheRta store."

"It was a wonderful experience. My kitchen was designed by Kelsey. Her design was exactly what I was looking for. Her responses to emails and questions were not only quick, but extremely informative. She gave me a complete design and layout with all required items for installation. It couldn't have been easier and I could not be happier. "

Share TheRTAStore.com's store rating

TheRTAStore.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

TheRTAStore.com is a merchant member
TheRTAStore.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,677 merchant members.