• Rating 0.00/10 102 reviews

TheDigitalNerds / techondigital.com / DigitalSuperdeals / Wawa Digital / Stargate Photo / Starlight is not a merchant member
    TheDigitalNerds / techondigital.com / DigitalSuperdeals / Wawa Digital / Stargate Photo / Starlight does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • TheDigitalNerds / techondigital.com / DigitalSuperdeals / Wawa Digital / Stargate Photo / Starlight contact information

" as others have indicated... just a bunch of bait-and-switchers. If you don't order the extremely overpriced accessories, they will never ship you the discounted product.

I ordered a Zumo 450 which was much cheaper then anyewhere else. After placing the order, they said I had to call them to verify... Strange, but I played along. They proceed to try to sell me and SD card at way over market value. I say no thanks to this. Person was polite enough..

After about a week, I call and ask for the status of the order. They say it is on back order for 2 weeks. I call from a different number and ask if they are in stock. They said they had a few in stock. 2 weeks go by, and they say they will be on backorder for 6-8 more weeks and offer to cancel the order, which I did.

I believe they will only ship the heavily discounted units if you agree to buy the incredibly overpriced accessories. I understand that they need to make money, but I don't agree with the manner in which they try to do it.

Good news: They never touched my credit card. So at least I'm not out any $

"Prices did look good. I got an email next day to call them. I ordered a TomTom, they told me that my Garmin device that I ordered needed an SD card. I said that I didn't need one as I had loads (they list a 2GB card at $99; $4 is more like it) nor did I need extended warranty; the salesperson hung up. Today (01/30) I got an email saying items are out of stock - the web site says that they are in stock, and the order is canceled.

Do not deal with these guys, they are a scam.

":mad:STAY AWAY FROM THIS Site.
To good to be true. I'm only going to state the facts, you make the call.
I ordered a garmin GPS from them.
I recieved an email that they needed to talk to me.
I called them to see what's up.
They said I didn't order a SD card with my GPS and I needed one.
I told them I have several already, I don't want one. (there price was way high.)
I didn't hear anything from them for a week and I called them to see what's up.
They told me It was now on back order and it would be at least 2 months till I get it.
I told them it said in stock and ship right away when I ordered it and they said it was a mistake.
I cancelled the order and I sent an email stating this.
I emailed them several times to remove my account information from their site and called them to do this also.
This started on DEC 18 or so. It is still in their computer today 1/20/09
My card security # is also shown.
ON 1/12/09 MY CREDIT CARD was compromised. I used this card for years and never a problem.
You be the judge...!!!
MY opinion STAY AWAY.

"I very seldom do this but for this I must. These are by far the rudest people I have ever dealt with. I placed my order on line which was the lowest price I had found this camera, and was very excited ,only to get an e-mail telling me I needed to call to confirm the order which I did. This was so they could talk me into more items when I declined I was rudely told this was a gray market camera(no where does it say this on the web site)and the monitor language was in Japanese so I would not be able to read things.The guy kept insisting he was just going to cancel my order with out giving me a chance to respond so I just told him to cancel and I hung up. No one in business should treat a costumer in that way."

"They are a rip off. Same scam as all the other people who have complained. I hope someone can put them out of business. I had Chase Bank register them as a fraud threat.
Thanks.
Mike
MFCINC@USA.COM

"I ordered a Canon G10 at an unbelievable price and as soon as I placed it I received confirmation with the note saying to call in the morning. I got 2 more emails by 9:14am telling me to call. When I called the guy told me that I didn't order a battery. I know at that instant that we were talking "scam" as I had noticed that the accessories were crazy priced. I told the guy (William) that US Canons were shipped with batteries and I asked if it was a Gray market one. He said yes and that it would take 4 weeeks to get one. I said I wasn't interested in a grey market model and he offered to cancel the order. He did and I have received the confirmation that the item is cancelled. This company is just another bunch of New York scum trying to screw the great masses. Don't do business with them. The attorney general should close them down but they are too busy getting re-elected and supporting the crooks on wall st."

modified review This review was modified by richardbrentm on January 09 2009 07:31:28 AM

"Very Dissatisfied seems to be the theme here. Certainly for me. Tried to order a camera. Got the e-mail saying I had to call to confirm order. Big sales push for high priced battery. I knew better than to pay $149 for a Canon camera battery - so I said no. What I didn't know until later was that my camera order was placed in a "back order" status. I did receive a lesser priced spare battery from them, but no camera. I became suspicious when I noticed that the Co. charged my CC the price of the battery PLUS the full shipping amount that should have been for both camera and battery. These folk are SCAM artists for sure. How can they stay in business?
Better Business Bureau here I come.
I told the employee in customer service that he should find another job with a reputable company.

"Two days after placing an order with these jerks TECHONDIGITAL, they called me to high pressure sell me some accessories. A week later, after writing to get my order status, I am informed that the product is out-of-stock. It is now less that a week before Christmas and a whole week of shopping for this was lost. Stay away from this company!!!"

"I shopped the internet for the best price on a garmin 765t GPS. Found it at techondigital.com. Shortly after ordering I received an email stating that I needed to call and confirm the order. I have had this happen before so I knew a sales pitch was on the way. Received another email urging me to call "tony" to confirm the order so it could be shipped right away. I called and couldn't believe the lies I was told. "Garmin GPS units will not operate without a super high speed memory card. You have to have the memory card to load your state's maps. With any other memory card you will end up sitting on the side of the road waiting for maps to load." Their special deal on the 1gb SD card was $75 and 2gb was $149 ... give me a break! I said I just wanted the GPS as is. The salesman said tersely that I would get another email within 72 hours telling me when it would be shipped. When I asked if I would have the GPS by Christmas he refused to answer only repeating that I would get another email in 72 hours. End of conversation. Since this GPS was a Christmas present I began to worry and googled "techondigital problems." I found many complaints from people with similar experience and therefore canceled my order before they had a chance to tell me it was out of stock. I strongly recommend the use of something like "ShopSAFE" for internet shopping. It allows you to generate a temporary credit card number that maps to your main credit card for each internet purchase. You set the expiration date and the maximum amount chargeable to the number. When you get into a situation like this with a shady vendor you simply kill the temporary number before they can charge to it or worst case you only have at risk the amount that you set as a limit. Anyway, I have reordered for a little more money from a reputable vendor - Amazon."

modified review This review was modified by hi_creek on December 11 2008 11:05:37 PM

"Horrible company. Why? I ordered a DMC-TZ5S for a seemingly great price of $169. I never got an confirmation email, so a few days later I called and talked to "Steve." He tried to upsell me everything: $60 battery, then a $150 battery for a special 1/2 price, etc. I said "No thanks, I just want the camera." Then he warned me it was grey market and the menus were in Japanese. I said "Fine, just ship me the camera."

I never got a shipping confirmation nor the camera. I called again and they said the camera wasn't in stock. I said it was in stock the day I ordered it and the day I called to ask about it. They said the order was cancelled. I asked him who cancelled it and he said they did. On top of that, they raised the price, so now if I re-order, it would be $195. That's BS!!

So just to see how badly they were lying, I waited a few days and placed an order, with extra batteries and crap I don't want. Guess what? They called the next MORNING to confirm the order!! I told them the history and said I would never do business with a bunch of slimy crooks.

I don't know how they every got so much positive feedback. Maybe they have some intern working for pizza typing up fake feedback around the clock.

Let me be clear: I will never buy from this company, and when someone asks me for a good place to buy cameras online, I will make sure I tell them to NOT BUY FROM TECHONDIGITAL EVER!!!

"OMG!
Was I a sucker or what? If I had only found this website before I took the bait . . .
I was shocked when I saw the price that Techon Digital offered for a Garmin Nuvi 880 GPS. Shocked and delighted. $399 for a GPS with a MSRP of $800. I went to the website and reviewed the comments made my "satisfied customers" like - Jason P., Memphis, TN

I placed the order online, easily and quickly. I received an email confirming my order and just about as quickly received a phone call from William, my sales associate (800-958-0054 extension 205)also confirming my order, but also offering me such essentials like $200 2G SD memory cards or I'd have to send the GPS to Garmin every year for a month at a time.
I thought the call was odd, considering that it was Thanksgiving afternoon.
When I checked my order history later that night, nothing was entered.
I called on Friday (the day after Thanksgiving) and was assured by William (800-958-0054 extension 205) that the order would be shipped within 48 hours.
And today received the apparently typical message from "Techon Digital" as follows:
We thank you for your order and appreciate you shopping with us .

Due to the product you ordered being out of stock for 6-8 weeks from today's date. We regret to inform you that the order is canceled due to the product being on backorder. when or if we get the product again in stock soon will send you an email to place an order please do not resubmit your order again . sorry again and thanks for your understanding .

Or in other words: SUCKER! At least that is how I feel for doing business with a company like Techon Digital.

"Company hiding under many names with unethical business practices. See also article about under how many names they are hiding and flipping: http://gtopia.wordpress.com/2008/07/18/my-almost-scam-with-techondigitalcom/
I also was stuffed earlier with additional $100 charge for camera battery (AMPhotoWorld) that it was part of the package anyway.
This time Techondigital first send me an e-mail "confirm your order, so we may have it shipped out to you as soon as possible". Then one day later (if you do not call immediately) send me "Due to the product you ordered being out of stock for 6-8 weeks from today's date. We regret to inform you that the order is canceled". Well, the webpage continuously shows product in stock. See the same experience from other reviewers. It is a scam.

"This seller is truly a piece of crap. Ordered a Cannon 990 IS for $225.00. Received two e-mails demanding that I call in for order confirmation. Responded to both that I would not subject myself to a high pressure sales pitch to buy accessories. They called me! I confirmed the order and refused to buy memory cards for $150.00 plus. Suddenly the product is out of stock. The web site says it is in stock and ready to ship. They are truly a piece of crapl."

"Was promised merchandise was in stock and we would receive it in 7-10 days. My credit card was immediately charged - on the charge it was from "Camera Wiz" not Techondigital. We never received an email acknowledgement of order. I emailed customer service a few days later to check status - no response. We called on 11/2 and they said the camcorder shipped. We called on 11/7 and they would not speak to us - hung up when we asked about order. Another week or so went by and we called and they said they couldn't get the camcorder - NO credit was issued on my charge card. I called again today 11/19 and as soon as I inquired about a refund they put me on hold and would not pick up the phone again. I'm disputing the charge for item not recieved with my credit card company and will never do business again here - NO customer service whatsoever and were very rude on phone."

"Basically, same story as everyone else here. I had to call about a camera that I ordered. I was told that the 1 for $199 was a grey market and that $100 more gets me warrantee. I said no. called next day and asked if I would get the $185 price they are now showing, they said OK and that I will get email with shipping info in 24-48 hours. Next day got email saying item will be out of stock for 6-8 weeks and they are cancelling order. Like an idiot, I have now gone back to www.lowpricedigital.com and chose 86th Photo and video that appears to be the same scam."