TheCellShop.net / D&R Wholesale Reviews - thecellshop.net Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 1.83/10 93 reviews

TheCellShop.net / D&R Wholesale is not a merchant member
TheCellShop.net / D&R Wholesale does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"My name is Celia Carter, I want to say that Maria (not real name)was the most helpful person I could have ever gotten on the phone. I had never purchased an airline ticket, I was scared to death. Maria did all of the work for me, and put me at ease. She never made me feel like the phone call would never end, she was so patient. I can NEVER say enough good things about her.

I wish everyone would know that it was the best experience I have ever had. As I am also in customer service, I hope I am giving my customers what Maria gave me, peace of mind.

"BAD! BAD! BAD! Stay Away! I had a horrible shopping experience with this company. They never shipped my order, but charged me through PayPal anyways. I attempted to contact them through email but they never responded. I sent well over a dozen emails to their customer support. The Online Chat is never online or active. The only phone number they have is long distance. Five months later and still no product or response to any of my emails. I am contacting the New York State Attorney General in regards to this fraud seller."

Rating 6/103/5

"I just signed up for a ResellerRatings.com account because I wanted to post this review specifically. I think a lot of the negative reviews for TheCellShop.net are being a little too unfair to this company. Many of the negative reviews here are for a one-time fiasco involving a coupon. In October of 2009, TheCellShop.net had a $5.00 off coupon promotion with free shipping. Some people found out about it and published this coupon online on various deals websites. TONS of people (including myself) tried to take advantage of the "deal" by ordering items priced just above $5.00. Some people even tried to manipulate the coupon by creating separate accounts and placing multiple orders, attempting to receive dozens of items at what ended up being just a few cents a piece. I personally bought a two-pack of HDMI cables at what turned out to be $1.48. Given the nature of the coupon and the value of the items, I did not expect my orders to go through, and most others didn't either. Sure enough, most orders never shipped, and I never received my HDMI cables. I am about to cancel my order. But none of this, by itself, means that this company is bad - you can't expect TheCellShop.net to lose money like crazy because of a mistake it made with its coupon. It's been over four months since I placed my order now, and I still haven't received my cables. I probably never will. And you know what? I don't blame them. If I were them, I wouldn't have shipped the cables either.

Having said all that, the one problem I DO have with the company is that they still charged me for the cables - they never refunded the charge. I am about to request a refund; it seems that other people haven't had a problem doing that. But TheCellShop.net should have just canceled all the orders and refunded the money, like other merchants do. Instead, this company charged everyone, and is now forcing customers to cancel their orders. That's not cool.

I've never ordered from this company outside of this one experience. It is very possible that this is a reputable merchant who had the misfortune of ticking off a bunch of penny-pinching people who wanted to "teach them a lesson." If you're hesitant about buying from this store, take all the reviews relating to this October 2009 incident with a grain of salt.

modified review This review was modified by EpoMan on March 11 2010 06:57:53 PM

"TERRIBLE STORE!!! STAY AWAY!!! The will charge a low price for the item and will not ship the order. They will bank on the customer not contesting the charge.

In my case I got an email stating this:

Dear Customer,

You will not receive another confirmation or a tracking #.

Thank you for your business.

-TheCellShop.net

After a couple of months of waiting, I have not received anything. Will contest the charges with my CC company. I made a mistake of not checking RR for this company's review.

DO NOT SHOP AT THIS STORE !!!

"Its been 3 months and I haven't got my order.

From reviews of other customers accross different websites , it looks like that they are running a scam. They entice people with low prices and do not ship the order. They bank on the fact that not too mant people would contest the charge with their credit card or would call them for a refund if its just a couple of dollars. The less people that contest the charge, the more free money they get.

modified review This review was modified by compnovice on January 30 2010 11:48:50 PM

"STAY AWAY from D and R Wholesale service@thecellshop.net
I Ordered from them 6 ft HDMI Cable Premium 1.3 Gold on Oct. 23, 2009. They took the money but and never send me the cable.It has been 3 monthes.STAY AWAY..STAY AWAY and STAY AWAY.

"DO NOT EVER SHOP FROM THIS PLACE!!!

I usually don't take the time to write reviews, but I felt the need to expose this company and their scams. They never shipped my order and I kept waiting patiently for it. Check out this email they sent me.

"Thank you for your order. Due to the extreme low cost of the item we had to get it shipped directly from our factory in Hong Kong. I am sorry for the trouble. Your item(s) should arrive in appox. 2 weeks.

You will not receive another confirmation or a tracking #."

Maybe they are hoping most people will forget about their orders or not care enough about the money spent ($1.36 in my case)to complain. I agree $1.36 isn't much money, but I bet they have stolen small amounts of money from thousands of people like me.

"I ordered HDMI cables on 10/24/2009 and received confirmation. A second email said they would be shipped from Hong Kong. My credit card was charged. Now it is 01/30/2010. I am still waiting for my shipment. An email requesting an explanation was sent to seller. No response.

"I order the HDMI cables on 10/24/2009 and received confirmation. The email said they will be shipped from Hong Kong. It is now 01/30/2010 and they still haven't arrived. I have sent multiple emails and have had no response."

"I ordered 2 USB cables for 2 different cell phones. The price was amazing ($2.63 each, free shipping). They both came 4 days after I made the order (shipped from California)."

"ordered 2 hdmi cables on 10/24/2009 and was charged imediately. received a email later stating that they sold a overwhelming amount of this product and will take a while for stock to refil. It's 1/20/2010 right now, I never received anything from these crooks. This TheCellShop.net is a ripoff site. they don't intend to ship anything to you. My account on their site does not exist anymore either so status lookup is a joke. STAY AWAY... FAR FAR AWAY!!"

"I order the HDMI cables on 10/24/2009 and received confirmation. The email said they will be shipped from Hong Kong. Now is 01/17/2010. I am still waiting for my shipment. Multiple emails was sent to seller. No response. "

"Item never shipped for over 2 months. Cannot check status because it's not available. No customer servic, email, or livechat available. Stay away!"

"Awful, awful, awful. Ordered in October, e-mails are unanswered. Finally in January said it was past 60 days and couldn't fulfill (why I don't know...they still sell the cables). Offered $5 credit on next order, but never told me how to get the credit. e-mails go unanswered. The worst internet shopping experience ever. Order at you own risk. "

"I order 2 HDMI cables on Oct 24 and got an email on Oct 26 saying it would arrive in 2 weeks. By Dec 17, I did not receive it and thought it was a scam. I wrote them. A few days later, they said it should have gotten there by now. They replied 3 days later and they said they were sorry and would send another order at no charge. Today, Jan 5, it arrived!!! I am happy that I wasn't one of the many dissatisfied customers. I may even order from them again."