• TheCameraProfes

2009-09-28

"dba: on time digital
Extremely deceptive business practices! Orders will not be placed unless you agree to upgrade. The advertised price is a come on. My $169.98 order got bumped up to $339.96 by being forced to talk to sales, as he said the camera didn't come w/a battery & charger, plus a memory card was needed to take video. Except the card offered didn't meet the Olympus specs for video! Then to return it the charge was $51.00
All around BAD deal! I advise not to waste time or money with this business."

2009-07-01

"I placed an order for a Garmin Nuvi 755T on a Wednesday. The following Monday I was contacted by the company to confirm order. When I contacted them, I spoke to an individual who told me the unit did not come with maps and would need to purchase maps at an additional cost. I thought the unit came with maps, the representative replied "no those would have to be purchased at an additional cost" I asked How much and was quoted an additional $100 cost over original purchase of $245. I said that was to much cancel the order, he then said " I don't care", he then hung up on me when I was trying to discuss with him. I return the call and asked why he hung up and "he explained that you have to pay what an item is worth". I didn't purchase the maps. A GPS, without maps???? They were extremely rude and I called back to confirm canceling of the order, I wanted to research this further and they hung up on me again when I was asking to make sure to credit my credit card, he told me" if we charged your credit card you get the item for free".. Do not order from this company. Something shady is going on..."

2009-05-06

"I too placed an order with OnTimeDigital.com because they were about $50 cheaper than the closest competitr. After about a week I received numerous emails telling me I had to call to confirm my order. I was tryingto purchase a Sony DSC-H20 Camera from them. The person that answeredthe phone stated I needed to buy a battery and extra memory to for the camera to work properly. I mentioned thatthe camera comes with a battery. He told me it was a temporary battery that only lasted for 15 minutes and I would need to purchase another battery for the camera to fully function. At this point I said I didn't want any accessories I just wanted them to ship the camera. That was when he told me it was a 2 month back order. I canceled the order. They have ZERO customer service skills and are very misleading on what they offer. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM!! You get what you pay for. They have a 4G memory card on sale for $199 and a battery for $59. I ordered both from elsewhere for a total of $55 (this includes shipping costs). I can see why they don't want to do business with me if I don't want to pay them $200 for a $20 memory card."

This review was modified by Roger48 on May 06 2009 07:37:32 PM

2009-01-27

"I placed an order for a Garmin Nuvi 255W. After a week of not receiving the order, I contacted the company. They had sent several emails asking me to call and confirm the order. When I contacted them, I spoke to an individual who asked why I didn't purchase the maps? A GPS, without maps???? I asked them to place my order on hold because I wanted to research this further and they hung up on me. They were extremely rude and I called back to cancel the order. Do not order from this company. Something shady is going on..."

2008-12-19

"Ontimedigital.com, I guess this is the same company. Terrible experience. Listed a camera for about $50 cheaper than anywhere else. I was skeptical so I called them, someone answered, I checked to see if they had stock, if it would ship on time and made sure it wasn't refurbished. The salesperson answered all my questions suitably and seemed knowledgeable, so I place the order. They seemed legit. 5 days later (just before xmas) I called b/c I still hadn't received a tracking # (but I had gotten an order confirmation), so the salesperson tells me that they don't have the camera after all, but it will ship in Feb. And I said, "what? Why didn't you let me know, it's the week before Christmas?" And the salesperson says, "We emailed you", but they did not. So I said, "well, cancel that order, I don't need it in Feb, but do you have it in another color or anything since now I'm kinda stuck?", and she said, no we no longer sell that camera". To that I said, "Is it shipping in Feb or you no longer carry that camera?" And to that, she hung up!! I couldn't believe it. Stay away from them. I'm now worried about the credit card that I used. "

2008-11-30

"Never buy from this place!
I placed my order over 2 months ago, and have called them multiple times (the people seem friendly) but every time i called i was on hold for over 15 minutes. Repeatedly, i was told my camera was on backorder and told when the next shipment should be in... but again it was on "back order". I sent 2 e-mails and no reply. I left the "manager" 2 voice mails with my problem along with my name and number so he could contact me back... NO reply. Now their site doesn't work and the last 2 times i called their "systems are down". Please save your time and money and do not order from this company! (i would pay $200 more to purchase a camera from a reliable site... i just wish i would have know this 2 months earlier)."

2008-11-29

"Ordered a Canon EOS30D. Called to confirm the order. Was told "the system is down". Have reached live people three times after long phone waits. Always told "the system is down." Most recent time asked "if the system was ever up?" She took my phone number and said she would call back. They did not call back. I do not expect to receive the camera and assume it is a credit card scam as outlined below, though the credit card has not been billed to date. I e-mailed to cancel the order, and received no response."

This review was modified by bertrecords on December 07 2008 09:21:43 AM

2008-11-26

"I REALLY wish I had read the reviews of Ontimedigital(another name for this company)before I ordered a Kodak Easyshare camera.Of course the price was WAY lower than everyone else's. After the rep tried to sell me a $50.00 battery for $150.00 and I said no, he hung up on me. I have no idea of my sale is still good and because of all the awful reviews I have read I decided to play it safe and cancel my debit card. Now I have to notify all my online accounts and my automatic payroll with my new account number. I have once agian learned that if something sounds to good to be true, it isn't."

2008-11-19

"I ordered a picture frame from the company. 20 days later they still did not have it in stock. Be aware they will NEVER send you your product. This company is a sham!!!!!!!! cUSTOMER SERVICE WAS HORRENDOUS. They are from NY and you can tell they do not care about you or your product. "

This review was modified by conleypk on November 19 2008 03:59:08 PM

2008-10-27

"Customer service is very unprofessional. It is a bad experience for me. "

2008-10-23

"Via internet purchased a product, after I submitted my credit card no and name, the sight disappeared. No confirmation of order sent to my email address until the next day with a note to call and confirm order. I tried at 4 pm and although they said they took calls until 7 pm, a message said closed for the day. I called again the next day to confirm order where the person I spoke to told me that they are out of this item. As I was asking if they were to get more, they hung up on me.
Now I am worried that my credit card will be charged. Very poor handling of order, not customer friendly at all and highly recommend to stay away. They should be taken off the internet. "

2008-10-20

"Found a KILLER DEAL on the Canon HF100. Ordered it on line, and I got an email to call them and verify my information. Guy was fairly rude on the phone. 4 weeks later, I call today, and get someone else on the phone who had the worst attitude. They told me they were out of stock. No apologies, nothing. I asked them to please canx the order since they had no additional info. "Fine" is all I got and they hung up.. I will NEVER do business with these folks in the future"

LarryScottB's Avatar

New York Metro
2008-09-24

"Before ordering anything from this company, you are advised to visit the New York Better Business Bureau's website to see their findings:

I was considering a purchase from this vendor based on their lowball pricing. I've placed this information here as a courtesy to potential victims of this vendor.

Caveat emptor. "

This review was modified by LarryScottB on September 24 2008 08:03:52 AM

2008-09-09

"Same as all the others.. When I refused the upsell I was told "you will have it in 3-5 days". I called back after a couple of days only to be told the camera was "Back Ordered" and at least two weeks before can ship.

I did some research and found this site. (I know I should have done that first!)..

Called and cancelled my order and AMEX card.

Maybe they tell you "two weeks" so they have time with your CC# before you realize it was a scam.

In their defense there were NO charges to my card and they always answered the phone within 5 minutes.

I would not do business again due to the bait/switch tactics and downright LIES on whether or not "in stock""

This review was modified by cameraman33 on September 10 2008 12:42:34 AM

2008-09-04

"I ordered a Canon 40 D/SLR because of the great price. Received an email saying I must call to confirm. Did that and was told over the phone that the camera would be shipped in 3-5 business days.
I'M STILL WAITING! I wish I have found this site before I ordered as I would never have done so. What worries me most with these companies is that they collect your credit card information and what are they doing with it? If they aren't actually intending to sell you anything, they are fraudulently collection information they can use whenever they like.
Stay away from this company as well as any who offer these cheap prices. I should have known better - you get what you pay for!"

Share TheCameraProfessionals / ubuydigital.com's store rating

TheCameraProfessionals / ubuydigital.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

TheCameraProfessionals / ubuydigital.com is not a merchant member
TheCameraProfessionals / ubuydigital.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!