Stores > Textbookrecycling.com

Product & services pricing Rating 0.77/10 0.77/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.59/10 0.59/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.47/10 0.47/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10
Voice your opinion! Review Textbookrecycling.com by clicking a star below.
2017-08-07

They will steal your books and blame you.

"I shipped to them like instructed, never received any updates unless I asked for them.
2 weeks after I sent the book out they told me, after I emailed them, it was in the facility but not processed yet.
A month after I sent them my package they told me, again after I sent an email, I didn't put enough tape on the package(not covered by their insurance claim) and it arrived empty. So for a month they had an empty package sitting in their offices and NEVER cared to notify me that it was empty.
You have to demand updates from this company to get any answers.
I've sent many books before with other companies and they always receive.
I sent another book out to another company on the same exact date and the other company received it.
THIS IS THE ONLY COMPANY TO NOT RECEIVE BOOKS.

2017-08-04

AWFUL COMPANY

"I sold my books that I had paid over $1,000 for to this company & was quoted at $250. Shipped them exactly like they ordered me to. I decided to check online one day & seen that my quote was adjusted to $47 because of "excessive highlighting". I emailed them & they stated that my books were not done processing & I would get an email with my final quote adjustment. Never received an email. Instead I receive a check for the $47 in the mail. I emailed them & they stated that my books had "water damage" & that they do not purchase them. I stated I wanted them back then & they gave me some bogus excuse about how it's been past 72 hours so they threw them away. WHEN I NEVER EVEN RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM THEM. Those books had originally cost me $1,000! There was most definitely NO water damage, only some highlighting. I keep emailing demanding something be done & they just keep saying that they sent an email & they won't do anything now, even though I have proof I never received an email. They are a bunch of crooks who will give you any excuse to keep your books & not pay you for them. Funny how my two biggest books that were both quoted at over $100 each both had "excessive highlighing" & then when that wasn't good enough they had "water damage". DO NOT SELL YOUR BOOKS TO THESE PEOPLE "

2017-07-30

Don't sell to them!

"I wish I read the reviews before I sent my books. I sent over $50 worth of books and didn't get my money. They paid me for 2 and not the rest. They claimed it was "expired" and since I didn't contact them within 72 hrs they threw them away. I never received an email or anything and by the time I emailed them it was to late. My books were in mint condition and I sent all the books at the same time so how were only 2 not expired? These people are theives! I don't know how this business is still up. This is a HORRIBLE business!"

2017-07-24

Big Quotes that they Don't Pay

"I sent a book to them and they refused to pay for it and made me pay for they to send it back to me because it wasn't acceptable. Amazon gave me over $80 for it. Horrible business. They're clearly just hoping that you don't bother paying them the shipping to send it back so that they get your book for free to resell."

2017-07-21

Crooks!

"I used to sell my books back to them. February 17' I sent them 3 textbooks. They replied that they had to verify they were not counterfeit and said they sent them to the publisher for verification. Since then, they either do not respond to my emails, or I get a generated one stating that someone will get back to me within 24 hours. Like everyone else says; they are stealing people's textbooks and reselling them. I'm not sure why or how they can stay in business."

2017-07-18

Thieves

"I sell hundreds of books to companies every few months, on one order of 10 textbooks the original agreed price was $330, they paid me $90. 90$!!!!!!!! They said that they only received 7 books, so apparently 3 flew out of the box and onto their shelves, the other 4 were "water damage". Now common why the heck would I go through the hassle of selling a company books that are damaged if I know I won't get paid for them. They are thieves!!!!!! DO NOT SELLLLLL THEM!!! Their prices look nice, but whats the point of a nice price if you don't get paid.

2017-07-14

Will claim your books are counterfeit and then resell them

"I sent 2 books that were exactly identical to each other. They accepted 1 and claimed the other was a fake citing zero evidence and including no pictures. "In this case it looks like your book(s) were reviewed by our processors and deemed as a non-authorized copy of this title. We cannot pay for these kinds of books. Some popular textbooks are illegally reproduced as non-authorized or counterfeit copies. We receive regular updates from publishers with detailed guides that highlight how to spot such copies. When we receive one of these copies and are unable to definitively authenticate the book as an authorized copy we will not pay for that book and reserve the right to inform the publisher and government agencies the origin of the book. You will not receive payment for any books received by us that we are unable to authenticate." Once again, both books were exactly the same and even after I asked what aspect made 1 counterfeit and the other not counterfeit (despite both coming from a genuine book store), they never emailed back. You'd think they would want the people that own these books to know what extremely subtle details signify a fake or at least the publisher would want people to know...apparently not. I thought they might say something and if it was true then of course they should just throw out the bad one, but they never said anything. So I asked for the book back and they immediately replied no saying it had been too long. They love to throw their terms & conditions at you as if they are fair to begin with like we spoke about it and I said it was alright. No, people use these sites to get some money back for good books. They both give no proof for what is wrong with the book they denied and give no proof that they actually "recycle" the "counterfeit copy". Even if you do magically avoid getting caught up in this scam, it's still not worth the risk. There is no recourse other than to leave a review like this one. So just don't sell to them."

2017-07-07

Do NOT trust these people!

"I sold my textbooks to textbook recycling on May 8th of this year hoping to get a little cash in return. The textbooks were around 700 dollars total when I first bought them. I sold them for a fraction of the price. Now, It is July 7th and I still have not received my check in the mail. I have contacted consumer support several times and they said it might have been lost in the mail but I have to wait 45 days (it is far past 45 days by now) after my order to see if it has arrived. They are now refusing to respond to my emails and send me a new check. Awful. "

2017-06-29

Quick reply and paid shortly after

"When the tracker of my package of books said my package had arrived a week earlier without any update from TextbookRecycling, I sent them a nice email asking for an update. They replied the next morning that they had many orders to process and mine had not yet been processed. Two days later I received an email that my books had been processed and I would receive all of my quoted money via PayPal in 1-3 days. 15 hours after that email, the money was in my account. Definitely plan to use this company again!"

2017-06-09

Wish I had checked here first. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

"I wish I had checked this site and the many others, including BBB, before using this company. I have sold books back to several different places and this has been the worst experience with Textbook Recycling. I was quoted a price for 2 books, one being a book with a web guide. I was given the reason for my $0 (from $28) buyback price for that book as they can not confirm validity, presumably with the web guide. Why say you will buy back a book with a code if you are going to give an answer that you cannot confirm validity? Now I am out $3.95 to get my book back. Seems like a huge scam so that they can keep the book, hoping people won't ask for their book back. There are too many book buybacks to have to deal with a company like this. Look elsewhere."

2017-06-08

Just Don't.

"Just submitted my formal complaint to the BBB and to the Attorney General in Idaho - Lawrence Wasden. You can read my complaint below:

"On 6 May, 2017, my husband was quoted over $50 on www.textbookrecycling.com to buyback his textbook Cost-Benefit Analysis / Edition 4 by Anthony Boardman, David Greenberg, Aidan Vining, David Weimer, ISBN number 9780137002696 . We printed the shipping label, put it in a waterproof bubble mailer, taped it shut, and mailed it out the next morning - 7 May, 2017. On 2 June, 2017 I sent them an email via their online contact form inquiring as to where our payment was , given that we had NO emails, confirmations, receipts, etc. from them to track the process. They responded that payment had been made to my husband's PayPal email. No such payment was made. I quickly responded that we had no payment, nor proof of payment, to which they responded that the payment was rejected and would be reissued if I could verify my mailing address and the PayPal email address. I did so. I heard nothing back until this morning, 8 June, 2017 where I received an email saying "When looking into your not receiving a Paypal payment we found that one was never issued because the book we received was water damaged. An email regarding this was sent to xogrlnxtdoorxo@aim.com on May 18th at 930am.". Not only is that completely false, the book was in PERFECT condition when it left my house in a WATERPROOF, SEALED mailer, but the email they contacted isn't valid (or at least is NOT mine). Given that I have read MANY complaints against them using this EXACT scam, or even something as crazy as claiming the package another woman sent contained clothing instead of a book - it is NO surprise that they would claim this. I responded to them that I want PROOF , PAYMENT, or my book back. No response yet. I also contacted the Attorney General Lawrence Wasden in Idaho regarding this issue. This business is well known for ripping students (i.e. my active duty husband trying to get his master's while serving) off and should absolutely be reprimanded or shut down."

2017-05-31

A SCAM- DO NOT USE

"I sold them three textbooks. They told me that they could not accept once because of "water damage". My book was not water damaged. It was barely used. They said I had to pay to get it back. I emailed them to get more information because that seemed suspicious. They didn't respond until the 72 hour period to reclaim the textbook was over. So now I can't get my expensive book back even if I pay for it. Don't try your luck- you will get ripped off. "

2017-05-31

SCAM / FRAUD

"As many of the other reviewers have stated, this company is a complete scam and should be shut down immediately. I sent books in for the buyback program on 3/13/17, numbering 7 books total. Have I been paid for them? No. Were they damaged in any way went I sent them? No, they were brand new from my school and were never used. Do they supply legit information regarding what's being done to process the books? No. Do they randomly say that they're going to send the books to be verified by the publisher - I've never heard of this needing to be done, ever - that they are legitimate copies? Yes. Here's a snippet of the emails I've sent and received back...

On 3/21/2017 I sent an email asking whether the books had been received, as there had been no contact stating as such.
They sent an email back saying the following:
"Thank you for your inquiry.
Your buyback has arrived and we have not processed your book(s) yet. During particularly busy periods it could take 3-5 business days for us to check in and process a buyback once we receive your package. Note that checked in and processed is different than receiving your buyback. If USPS tracking indicates that we have received your buyback but you have not seen any updates in your customer profile or received email notification regarding payment status this means that your package is currently in our facility and waiting to be processed.

You are able to see the current status of your buyback and payment under My Account > My Buybacks. As soon as
your order is processed you'll receive an email from us advising you of payment. Thank you for your patience."

This email came without a name or phone number to contact them by, and was signed off by "Customer Service".
As I felt there was no need for alarm yet, I took the response as is and waited. By April 9th, well past the
processing time promised, I sent another email inquiry:

"I’m following up on a buyback that arrived and was supposed to be processed. I originally sent back the books
back in the middle of March. I contacted Textbook Recycling on the 21st because I had not heard from them. It’s
been over two weeks since then and I have not had any contact, nor received my buyback total in any form.
It says that my buyback is still being processed on the website, but if the buyback check in process takes 3-5
days tops during busy periods, then they must be done as it’s been over 14 days since I contacted on the 21st. If
someone could please resolve this issue and send my buyback amount in an expedited manner, that would be
greatly appreciated. "

The response that followed provided ample reason to be alarmed, as I was neither notified that the following
situation was happening nor was it stated anywhere on textbookrecycling.com that this could happen (including
their policy & terms of agreement):
"Hello,
Thank you for your inquiry.
In this case, it looks like your book(s) were reviewed by our processors and they could not verify your book titles
as publishers copies.
At this time we have experienced a high influx of buybacks that are containing illegally reproduced as nonauthorized
or counterfeit copies of books. Some popular textbooks are illegally reproduced as nonauthorized or counterfeit copies. We receive regular updates from publishers with detailed guides that highlight how to spot such copies. When we receive one of these copies and are unable to definitively authenticate the book as an authorized copy we will not pay for that book and reserve the right to inform the publisher and government agencies the origin of the book. You will not receive
payment for any books received by us that we are unable to authenticate.

Just because we cannot verify 100% that these books are not publishers copies as of yet, doesn't necessarily mean
that they are or aren't, it just means that we cannot be certain and do not want to risk purchasing these books.
So to combat this influx we have had to take steps to protect our customers from the counterfeit book market by
holding books until we hear back directly from publishers if you book(s) are indeed counterfeit copies or not.

Unfortunately, this holding process is taking roughly +6 weeks for the publishers to get back to us. We are sorry
for the inconvenience this may cause, we are doing our best to make sure quality processing while getting back to
you with an update for your order as soon as possible.

We cannot send you your books back to you until we have verified them."

Six plus weeks for the publishers to process and send back books, huh? More like "We are never going to give you money, so give up." This company is an utter fraud and should be shut down immediately!

2017-05-19

HORRIBLE COMPANY!!

"I sent two books to this company and was supposed to get $85. After waiting over 3 weeks I finally received an email saying I will be receiving $0 because of water damage!! My books were perfect!!! Then to get your books back you need to pay for shipping!!! Horrible horrible company!!"

2017-05-16

Pathetic excuse for a company!!!!!

"I wish I would have seen this page before sending my books to them. I have used several other book buyback sites and never had an issue. After waiting 2 weeks, they said I won't be getting any money. I was appalled and sent a review to the BBB only to be told by Textbook Recycling that everything is clearly stated in their terms and conditions page. I even e-mailed their company to verify that they accept loose leaf editions which I was told that the ISBN I input would state what the book is. So since the ISBN is attached to a loose leaf edition, I sent my books. Then they come back with a rude reply!!!!! Plus, I check my account and it shows it's expired so I have to contact customer service again because they actually received my books 6 days prior!!!! I sincerely believe they hope people forget and they sell your books and make money but don't actually give you anything. Now I have to pay to get my own books back!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Share Textbookrecycling.com's store rating

Textbookrecycling.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Textbookrecycling.com is not a merchant member
Textbookrecycling.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!