Stores > Textbookrecycling.com

• Customer Support: 866-483-9826
    • Business Hours: 9am-5pm

2017-02-03

Book theifs!!

"I sold three textbooks back to textbook recycling, didn't get a whole lot back (but they're a buy back site I wasn't expecting much I don't grudge them that). They quoted me about $73, but when I got their email that they processed it it only said $60 so I looked at it and they were claiming that one of the books I sent (that was almost brand new because I had ended up not taking the class it was for) had water damage and they wouldn't give me one cent. And then they said they could either keep it for free or I could have it mailed back to myself at my own expense which would cost me more than I would ever make trying to sell it. So they got a free brand new textbook to sell and cheated me out of it. Their email said 5-10 business days to get my check and it was almost two weeks before I finally got it. I will NEVER use this site again and I'm going to make sure my friends don't either. "

This review was modified by Skylarg14 on February 03 2017 06:00:02 AM

2017-02-02

Scammers!!! Do not sell your books to them!!

"I really wish I had read the reviews first! I was quoted for $92.06. This is the email they sent me as reason for no payment:

Thank you for your inquiry. We received your box, but there are no books in it. We received a hat, a pair of shorts and three neck ties. The box was taped well and doesn't look like it's been tampered with at all. I don't know if your labels got mixed up with something else you were mailing but we can't pay for books that we don't received.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns.

Customer Service
www.textbookrecycling.com

Now, y'all know this sounds like a lie!! A freaking hat, shorts and some neck ties! Really!!

This review was modified by CourtNrod on February 02 2017 04:00:02 PM

2017-01-25

SCAM be aware DO NOT SEND your books

"I have sent books that are worth at least 50 dollars, they placed false excuses to steal my books under writing on the book or water damage which is FALSE. The books were like new!
Do not send your books and warn your friends!!
Do not deal with this website!!

This review was modified by Afnan89 on January 25 2017 09:30:02 PM

2017-01-09

Scammers Indeed

"Received a price quote, mailed them the books the same day. 2 weeks later they sent an email stating 2 of the 3 books are "water damaged" and will not give any money for them. I asked for proof such as an image that the books were "water damaged" and they could not send me a picture or any proof. I asked for the books to be mailed back to me and the representative said that they were "disposed" and that "nothing" from a customer service perspective could be done. Do not use this company. They lied, scammed , and cheated me. "

2016-12-30

Sell your textbook get a 0.00 quote on what they consider "water damage"

"Had a quote of around $80.00 for used books, but half was worth nothing because it was stated "water damage". Basically got half the price I should have gotten. None of the books that were sent had water damage. They just used that as an excuse to steal your books,give it a 0.00 quote and state it as water damage. Then when you want to take your books back, you have to pay for shipping. Basically the greatest con in the textbook world. I rather donate the books to a thrift shop then sell it to a this site. Apparently a few crease on "used books" is considered water damage. Maybe these people who work at the textbook recycling needs to crack open the books they stole and learn the meaning of used books vs water damage. DON'T go to them if you want to sell your books. RUN FOR THE HILLS. If I can give this site a zero rating or negative rating I would."

2016-12-21

Stay Away!!

"I wish I had read the reviews too. C'mon, we're all college students trying to get some of the money back that we have to shell out for these egregiously expensive textbooks.

I will never, ever use these scammers ever again. My textbook was over $120 new. I sent it in in perfect condition. No highlighting, no underlining, no creased pages, no water exposure. They told me it was "water damaged" and offered me $0. Then they just believe they get to hold on to it because of supposed "water damage"? Yeah, right....

I'm sure they hold onto all of these supposed "water damaged" books and sell them for huge profit. If they decide not to buy it, they'll make you pay shipping charges to get it back. Sell to Amazon instead. They don't make you pay the return shipping if they decide they don't want it. STAY AWAY!

This review was modified by I_Hate_Textbooks on December 21 2016 08:24:13 PM

2016-09-06

scammers

" They said my book was water damaged and it is in perfect condition not a spot on it. offered 80$ in quote so I packed it up and a week later get an email stating I will get 0$. I said well send it back this is an absolute scam, Now I go online payout is 35$ everywhere. If you do not call and request or demand your book back they think you will just let them keep it. 3 other books had like one mark on the back page and they just said not acceptable.
News flash the books are used and you are paying us 1/3 of what we paid for it and then selling it for double. The books will have some marks but are still very usable.
very bad business, Amazon will bury them soon.

2016-08-17

Wish I had read reviews

"I wish I had read reviews on this company before I sent my books to them. I sent back approximately 20 books to different companies. All books were in comparable condition - some wear but definitely still in good usable condition. This is the ONLY company that kept my books and would not pay me anything for them - a complete SCAM as I am sure they are still selling them. If I want them returned I need to pay for it. DO NOT SEND THESE PEOPLE YOUR BOOKS OR BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM!!!!!"

This review was modified by CATHYCO3 on August 17 2016 03:35:57 PM

2016-06-20

Superbad Experience

"I shipped many books to them and they not paid any penny also didn't send back the books. They said that they send an email to me and I have to response them within 72 hours to get the books back. I contact them after that then they said that my books are not there any more and they are not going to pay any penny to my books. I ship a brand New US edition to them but they just keep all me books without paying. Anyone knows how can I make them pay for my books please kindly advise.
I have all quote price and email state that they already got all my books.

This review was modified by AonUS on June 20 2016 11:01:09 PM

2016-06-15

DO NOT TRUST THEM

"This company scammed me from a quote of $152.68 to a payment of $25.20. Their reasoning was that apparently a cover was missing from a loose-leaf textbook (this is false - I made sure that I had all pages about 6 times before mailing them) and that apparently I gave them the ISBN number from the wrong book (I literally copied the number from the actual textbook in my hand). To get my books back I have to pay them, too. This company is unethical and very frustrating to work with. DO NOT trust them.

This review was modified by uwAJT on June 15 2016 07:20:02 AM

2016-06-14

Wish I would have read these reviews first...

"It would have saved me a lot of trouble. My price quote for my books was $120, when they received them they adjusted that down to $60. One book they said had water damage on it, so they are not offering me any money and say I have 72 hours to pay them the $4 to have it shipped back to me, or they keep it. The "water damage" they're referring to was a slight stain on the edge of the pages and it is not even visible when reading the book, it's only visible when the book is closed. The other book they lowered the quoted price by $17 because I didn't ship it within 3 days of receiving my quote. I've sold back many books over the years, and the time for them to receive the books at other sites is always much longer, so I didn't even think there would be a problem sending it within 5 days of receiving the quote. That's a nice tactic they can use to cut their quoted prices drastically after receiving the books. Very scummy on their behalf."

This review was modified by austkeat on June 14 2016 02:44:19 PM

2016-05-24

After contacting them my situation was rectified

"I initially had a book I sent in rejected due to water damage, but after contacting Textbookrecycling.com the situation was resolved to my satisfaction. While it's always hard to know if a book was water damaged prior to shipment or if it was damaged in shipment, management gave me the benefit of the doubt and I would ship books to them again."

This review was modified by tebert4 on June 13 2016 11:13:40 AM

2016-04-11

Scammers!!

"I mailed a textbook back slightly outside of their 7 day time period. HUGE MISTAKE! They offered me $50 originally and ended up only offering $20 because it arrived after their price guarantee period. I asked to have the book mailed back and shipping was coincidentally $30. I'm sure if the book would have arrived on time they would have come up BS reason to not offer the full amount. You have to love a company that scams college students out of money. "

This review was modified by Grateful404 on April 11 2016 05:11:37 PM

2016-03-14

Don't sell your books here. They won't pay you.

"I have been helping students sell textbooks for years and I have never encountered anything like this. At the end of this academic quarter, I inspected and shipped 4 big boxes of books to 4 different buyback services. They were all accepted (Amazon even said my books were of "good" quality) EXCEPT by textbookrecycling who claims my books are "damaged" and refuses to pay! They will make up reasons not to pay you. Do not sell to them."

This review was modified by ashalot on March 14 2016 07:36:37 PM

2016-02-29

So I have to pay to get my book back...

"I sent them a stats book that was valued at 82$ and when they finally get it, they tell me the isbn number has water damage to it even though I've never used or touched the book. So my quote was reduced to 0$ and I have to pay for them to ship it back to me and if I don't pay within 72 hours, they keep the book. What a joke of a company. This is why their average rating is a 1/10."

This review was modified by akakrichmar on February 29 2016 12:49:44 PM

Share Textbookrecycling.com's store rating

Textbookrecycling.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Textbookrecycling.com is not a merchant member
Textbookrecycling.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!