Stores > Textbookrecycling.com

Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.07/10 1.07/10

2016-06-20

Superbad Experience

"I shipped many books to them and they not paid any penny also didn't send back the books. They said that they send an email to me and I have to response them within 72 hours to get the books back. I contact them after that then they said that my books are not there any more and they are not going to pay any penny to my books. I ship a brand New US edition to them but they just keep all me books without paying. Anyone knows how can I make them pay for my books please kindly advise.
I have all quote price and email state that they already got all my books.

This review was modified by AonUS on June 20 2016 11:01:09 PM

2016-06-15

DO NOT TRUST THEM

"This company scammed me from a quote of $152.68 to a payment of $25.20. Their reasoning was that apparently a cover was missing from a loose-leaf textbook (this is false - I made sure that I had all pages about 6 times before mailing them) and that apparently I gave them the ISBN number from the wrong book (I literally copied the number from the actual textbook in my hand). To get my books back I have to pay them, too. This company is unethical and very frustrating to work with. DO NOT trust them.

This review was modified by uwAJT on June 15 2016 07:20:02 AM

2016-06-14

Wish I would have read these reviews first...

"It would have saved me a lot of trouble. My price quote for my books was $120, when they received them they adjusted that down to $60. One book they said had water damage on it, so they are not offering me any money and say I have 72 hours to pay them the $4 to have it shipped back to me, or they keep it. The "water damage" they're referring to was a slight stain on the edge of the pages and it is not even visible when reading the book, it's only visible when the book is closed. The other book they lowered the quoted price by $17 because I didn't ship it within 3 days of receiving my quote. I've sold back many books over the years, and the time for them to receive the books at other sites is always much longer, so I didn't even think there would be a problem sending it within 5 days of receiving the quote. That's a nice tactic they can use to cut their quoted prices drastically after receiving the books. Very scummy on their behalf."

This review was modified by austkeat on June 14 2016 02:44:19 PM

2016-05-24

After contacting them my situation was rectified

"I initially had a book I sent in rejected due to water damage, but after contacting Textbookrecycling.com the situation was resolved to my satisfaction. While it's always hard to know if a book was water damaged prior to shipment or if it was damaged in shipment, management gave me the benefit of the doubt and I would ship books to them again."

This review was modified by tebert4 on June 13 2016 11:13:40 AM

2016-04-11

Scammers!!

"I mailed a textbook back slightly outside of their 7 day time period. HUGE MISTAKE! They offered me $50 originally and ended up only offering $20 because it arrived after their price guarantee period. I asked to have the book mailed back and shipping was coincidentally $30. I'm sure if the book would have arrived on time they would have come up BS reason to not offer the full amount. You have to love a company that scams college students out of money. "

This review was modified by Grateful404 on April 11 2016 05:11:37 PM

2016-03-14

Don't sell your books here. They won't pay you.

"I have been helping students sell textbooks for years and I have never encountered anything like this. At the end of this academic quarter, I inspected and shipped 4 big boxes of books to 4 different buyback services. They were all accepted (Amazon even said my books were of "good" quality) EXCEPT by textbookrecycling who claims my books are "damaged" and refuses to pay! They will make up reasons not to pay you. Do not sell to them."

This review was modified by ashalot on March 14 2016 07:36:37 PM

2016-02-29

So I have to pay to get my book back...

"I sent them a stats book that was valued at 82$ and when they finally get it, they tell me the isbn number has water damage to it even though I've never used or touched the book. So my quote was reduced to 0$ and I have to pay for them to ship it back to me and if I don't pay within 72 hours, they keep the book. What a joke of a company. This is why their average rating is a 1/10."

This review was modified by akakrichmar on February 29 2016 12:49:44 PM

2015-09-01

"I would never use this site again. They did not do anything to please me and help me as a struggling college student. I sent my book one day late because the third day was a Sunday and I received $0 from an original quote of $35. I told them I would understand a reduction in price but not receiving any money is ridiculous. They also want me to pay to get my book back. Most ridiculous transaction from selling a textbook I have ever encountered. I would not recommend this site for anyone."

2015-01-30

"I sent 2 books to this company for resell. One was new but older version( $13 quote) and the other was used with slight rippling on the bottom edge of the book(very slight water damage?) that had been purchased in good used condition from another vendor for $48 and sent back in the same condition for $26 quote. This book was given $0 when it arrived and they are charging me $9 to send it back, not the $4 if I had bought a book, or they would keep it and probably resell it for a nice profit."

This review was modified by woody0928 on January 30 2015 05:34:47 PM

2014-12-28

"Very unprofessional I was sent the wrong textbook for my class and when i contacted the information provided, I was given the run around. They complete didn't care and would not work with me to get the right textbook. Now I have to pay full price because they were unwilling to work with me. I would NEVER recommend this program for anyone. Even if you ask for the spefic ISBN number they will not send you the right one. I would just rent from the school or buy it brand new. In the end you will have to anyways. I has never given the name of the person i was talking to even after I asked many times. DO NOT USE THIS PROGRAM!"

This review was modified by mrshumps on December 28 2014 10:51:01 PM

2014-12-11

"As a college student I resell all of my textbooks at the end of the semester for as much as I can get back for them. While I usually sell my books to more well known stores, I found that textbookrecycyling had some of the highest buyback prices (by quite a bit) for a few of my books. Despite some of the negative reviews here I gave it a shot and was very happy with the outcome. You get a pre-paid shipping label right off the website and have 14 days to deliver the books to them. Once my books were received (you can follow the tracking) I received my payment via paypal by the next day. What really prompted me to write a review for this store however was their excellent customer service. I had a shipping question on a second order that I called them about and the person on the line was extremely helpful. This store has a great small business feel to it and I feel pretty good about selling my books here. In addition to having some of the best buyback prices around, they also make a small donation to a charity (you can select between a few) for each buyback order.
My experience has been great and I plan on selling the majority of my books here in the future. I would suggest that anyone using their buyback service to send in your books as soon as possible. Overall, this is a refreshing alternative to the big online bookstores.

2014-02-14

"Please do yourself a favor because this company is not very honest. I sent 2 different books with price quoted from their buyback website. But I didn't get any payment for my 2nd book because they claimed that it needs an additional item for it to get paid in which was not shown in their website. On the other hand the 1st book I only received $8 and some cents. Actually I end up paying them instead for $8.97 so I can have my book back."

This review was modified by impseller4vr on February 14 2014 02:56:12 PM

2014-01-16

"I used this service to sell back college textbooks. I received the exact amount quoted in fast response time. Textbookrecycling.com received my books on January 10th and I had money in my PayPal account that evening. I will definitely do business with this company in the future. Great experience."

This review was modified by Moore4less on January 16 2014 12:46:04 PM

2013-12-23

"My university offered me $11 for a book that was published last year (and the school still uses; the cost of the book was over $90). I went online to get buyback quotes and textbookrecycling.com offered the most for the book out of numerous different companies. I received my quote on Friday evening (12.13.13). I shipped the book to them Monday (12.16.13). They received the book Thursday. I had my money in my Paypal account less than 24 hours after receiving the email that they had received the book.

I would like to thank textbookrecycling.com for being prompt with keeping me up to date on the processing of my order and also my payment. I shipped books to another company the same day I shipped to tbr and let's just say my books were delivered last week, but I haven't heard anything from that company as of yet (3:50 PM on 12.23.13).

2013-11-27

"If you are going to sell to these people, absolutely use the Fedex option. I used the USPS option because we have no local Fedex office. There is no tracking option with the USPS (you may be able to purchase it, but I'm not sure).

I shipped my books worth $84 out on October 25th. It is now November 27th and they say they still haven't received them - nor have they been returned to me. I'm skeptical that they aren't just keeping them and reselling them without paying me.

This review was modified by whitemumba on November 27 2013 05:59:36 AM

Share Textbookrecycling.com's store rating

Textbookrecycling.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Textbookrecycling.com is not a merchant member
Textbookrecycling.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!