Stores > Textbookrecycling.com

9am-5pm
      866-483-9826
      customerservice@textbookrecycling.com
      866-483-9826

Voice your opinion! Review Textbookrecycling.com by clicking a star below.
2017-04-02

Fraudulent Processing

"I decided to sell TextbookRecycling 5 books. I sent all 5 books in one package, per the company's instructions. Ultimately, the company told me that they only received 2 out of the 5 books. They also claimed that the package arrived undamaged, such that they could not account for the remaining 3 books. However, it would be impossible for them to only receive some of the books in an undamaged package, as all books were sent in the same package.

The customer service experience was extremely poor. STAY AWAY. The company is either incompetent or fraudulent in its processing. I will never be paid or get back three of the textbooks that I sent to them, which is unacceptable.

2017-03-22

This company is a fraud and will make claims that are 100% untrue.

"textbookrecycling.com has had too too many bad reviews and complaints about fraud. If you have had this company keep your books, lowered your quote, claimed missing or damaged books or any other claims by www.textbookrecycling.com take a few minutes to send an e-mail to the Idaho Attorney Generals office Lawrence Wasden lawrence.wasden@ag,idaho.gov take a stand against people taking advantage of students. Making money off students trying to save money. "

2017-02-27

Ripoff bookbuyer!

"They quoted a price for my book and after receiving it, although it was in great condition, they kept my book with no compensation. When 72 hours passes they won't even send the book back at my expense. They don't even reply to emails."

2017-02-21

SCAM ALERT This company steals your book by claiming water damage

"This company is as unethical as it gets. They will steal your book by claiming water damage. Check out other reviews here as well as the BBB:

2017-02-19

Textbook Recycling are crooks!!

"Textbook Recycling quoted me a price of $101.35 for five books, after they received them I was told $20.50 was the amount they were sending me claiming 4 out of the five had water damage. Not one had water damage textbook Recycling are crooks!!! I would be more than happy to send ya pictures."

2017-02-03

Book theifs!!

"I sold three textbooks back to textbook recycling, didn't get a whole lot back (but they're a buy back site I wasn't expecting much I don't grudge them that). They quoted me about $73, but when I got their email that they processed it it only said $60 so I looked at it and they were claiming that one of the books I sent (that was almost brand new because I had ended up not taking the class it was for) had water damage and they wouldn't give me one cent. And then they said they could either keep it for free or I could have it mailed back to myself at my own expense which would cost me more than I would ever make trying to sell it. So they got a free brand new textbook to sell and cheated me out of it. Their email said 5-10 business days to get my check and it was almost two weeks before I finally got it. I will NEVER use this site again and I'm going to make sure my friends don't either. "

2017-02-02

Scammers!!! Do not sell your books to them!!

"I really wish I had read the reviews first! I was quoted for $92.06. This is the email they sent me as reason for no payment:

Thank you for your inquiry. We received your box, but there are no books in it. We received a hat, a pair of shorts and three neck ties. The box was taped well and doesn't look like it's been tampered with at all. I don't know if your labels got mixed up with something else you were mailing but we can't pay for books that we don't received.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns.

Customer Service
www.textbookrecycling.com

Now, y'all know this sounds like a lie!! A freaking hat, shorts and some neck ties! Really!!

2017-01-25

SCAM be aware DO NOT SEND your books

"I have sent books that are worth at least 50 dollars, they placed false excuses to steal my books under writing on the book or water damage which is FALSE. The books were like new!
Do not send your books and warn your friends!!
Do not deal with this website!!

2017-01-09

Scammers Indeed

"Received a price quote, mailed them the books the same day. 2 weeks later they sent an email stating 2 of the 3 books are "water damaged" and will not give any money for them. I asked for proof such as an image that the books were "water damaged" and they could not send me a picture or any proof. I asked for the books to be mailed back to me and the representative said that they were "disposed" and that "nothing" from a customer service perspective could be done. Do not use this company. They lied, scammed , and cheated me. "

2016-12-30

Sell your textbook get a 0.00 quote on what they consider "water damage"

"Had a quote of around $80.00 for used books, but half was worth nothing because it was stated "water damage". Basically got half the price I should have gotten. None of the books that were sent had water damage. They just used that as an excuse to steal your books,give it a 0.00 quote and state it as water damage. Then when you want to take your books back, you have to pay for shipping. Basically the greatest con in the textbook world. I rather donate the books to a thrift shop then sell it to a this site. Apparently a few crease on "used books" is considered water damage. Maybe these people who work at the textbook recycling needs to crack open the books they stole and learn the meaning of used books vs water damage. DON'T go to them if you want to sell your books. RUN FOR THE HILLS. If I can give this site a zero rating or negative rating I would."

2016-12-21

Stay Away!!

"I wish I had read the reviews too. C'mon, we're all college students trying to get some of the money back that we have to shell out for these egregiously expensive textbooks.

I will never, ever use these scammers ever again. My textbook was over $120 new. I sent it in in perfect condition. No highlighting, no underlining, no creased pages, no water exposure. They told me it was "water damaged" and offered me $0. Then they just believe they get to hold on to it because of supposed "water damage"? Yeah, right....

I'm sure they hold onto all of these supposed "water damaged" books and sell them for huge profit. If they decide not to buy it, they'll make you pay shipping charges to get it back. Sell to Amazon instead. They don't make you pay the return shipping if they decide they don't want it. STAY AWAY!

2016-09-06

scammers

" They said my book was water damaged and it is in perfect condition not a spot on it. offered 80$ in quote so I packed it up and a week later get an email stating I will get 0$. I said well send it back this is an absolute scam, Now I go online payout is 35$ everywhere. If you do not call and request or demand your book back they think you will just let them keep it. 3 other books had like one mark on the back page and they just said not acceptable.
News flash the books are used and you are paying us 1/3 of what we paid for it and then selling it for double. The books will have some marks but are still very usable.
very bad business, Amazon will bury them soon.

2016-08-17

Wish I had read reviews

"I wish I had read reviews on this company before I sent my books to them. I sent back approximately 20 books to different companies. All books were in comparable condition - some wear but definitely still in good usable condition. This is the ONLY company that kept my books and would not pay me anything for them - a complete SCAM as I am sure they are still selling them. If I want them returned I need to pay for it. DO NOT SEND THESE PEOPLE YOUR BOOKS OR BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM!!!!!"

2016-06-20

Superbad Experience

"I shipped many books to them and they not paid any penny also didn't send back the books. They said that they send an email to me and I have to response them within 72 hours to get the books back. I contact them after that then they said that my books are not there any more and they are not going to pay any penny to my books. I ship a brand New US edition to them but they just keep all me books without paying. Anyone knows how can I make them pay for my books please kindly advise.
I have all quote price and email state that they already got all my books.

2016-06-15

DO NOT TRUST THEM

"This company scammed me from a quote of $152.68 to a payment of $25.20. Their reasoning was that apparently a cover was missing from a loose-leaf textbook (this is false - I made sure that I had all pages about 6 times before mailing them) and that apparently I gave them the ISBN number from the wrong book (I literally copied the number from the actual textbook in my hand). To get my books back I have to pay them, too. This company is unethical and very frustrating to work with. DO NOT trust them.

Share Textbookrecycling.com's store rating

Textbookrecycling.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Textbookrecycling.com is not a merchant member
Textbookrecycling.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!