"I placed my order through alibris.com and had no idea that they were going to pawn my order off onto textbookx.com. I ordered the latest version of an intermediate accounting book (15th edition, 2014) and the one they sent me could be purchased elsewhere for $23 because it is such an old edition. There is no phone number to reach the company so I sent an email to them. I received the 2nd edition of the book that was written in 2007 (what colleges even use a 2007 book these days?). I paid $204 for the book. Customer service is lousy. The packing slip that came with the book showed that what I ordered was what was shipped. However, customer service emailed me back stating that I had ordered the one that they actually did ship me. When I initiated a return through their site, I was given a $3.00 coupon off a future purchase (I will never purchase from them again, so that coupon was useless) and would be responsible for return shipping although they shipped the wrong book. Lousy company, lousy service, stay far, far away from them!"

modified review This review was modified by bonniejean215 on August 15 2014 02:30:22 PM

"All students at our trade school are being ripped off by TextbookX/Akademos. They raise the price $40-200 per book compared to Amazon and eBay because half of us use state grants which can only be used through the website's voucher. The school forces us to use them, or pay out of pocket on another website. We can't afford to pay from a closed system that charges more than tripple the marketplace!! Additionally, books take 1-4 weeks to arrive when ordering from them. I've sold books on TextbookX and am requiered to mail it within 24 hours...so why isn't TextbookX held to the same deadline to ship a book? Customer service is so clueless that they wanted MY username and password when my orders weren't showing up under "recent purchases." Absolutely disorganized and overpriced business compared to any competitor."

modified review This review was modified by StudentA on October 06 2013 02:05:43 PM

"Never in my four years of college have I dealt with such an unprofessional and morally wrong site. Not only did they take 2 weeks to get me a book that I paid two day shipping on but I also paid full price for a textbook that was marketed as the US version with pictures and the US ISBN and I was sent the International version which is clearly different and has a different ISBN. The seller will not answer me and the company told me it was my fault for not reading seller comments (which do not show up when you order the book). This is ridiculous. They are scamming college students who usually have to save up for textbooks anyways. DO NOT USE THIS SITE. I REPEAT DO NOT USE THIS SITE!"

modified review This review was modified by meg91 on September 07 2013 05:28:51 PM

"Ordered a textbook for my wife very close to the date her class started. Placed the order on 8/19, credit card charged on 8/21 and the tracking info was finally available 8/26. Post office has only received the electronic request, but not the package? They also sell on Amazon and claim 1-2 day shipping there, but my account page shows 5-7 days to process ordering directly from their web site. This is not acceptable! My wife may have to drop the class! With what I have been reading here we may never see the book or if we do get it we might not be able to return it! I am starting to worry. Now Amazon has the damn book $30 cheaper and I would have had it sooner without the worry! I have tried customer service @ 1-800-887-6459, but all I get is a couple of rings, then a busy signal. Not sure what to do next...

*UPDATE*

Package arrived today (8-30-13) and it looked a little small for a textbook. Opened the package to find...NOT THE BOOK I ORDERED! Surprise! Ended up oredring from Amazon.com Saturday overnight delivery so my wife can stay in the class! Thanks Textbookx.com!!! I will be returning the book and disputing the credit card charge. I will never do business with these idiots again!

modified review This review was modified by kacohn on August 30 2013 07:54:34 PM

"**BEWARE** Totally dishonest!! I paid for priority shipping, it took from 7/18 to 7/25 to BE SHIPPED and sent by media mail. Book finally arrived & it's the wrong book!! They won't issue a refund because they say it's the International Edition, but it's the Asian Edition & a completely different ISBN number. **BEWARE**
They reel you in with the lowest price, but you're not getting the book that you're paying for!!

"Stay away from this company. Their web site is not designed well and they claim that even they can't see certain pages. In the meantime, they combine ISBN #s so editions can't be differentiated. "

modified review This review was modified by sefa01 on June 07 2013 12:19:06 PM

"In my opinion this is one of the worst on-line sellers of textbooks. They bill long before the item is shipped, in violation of FTC rules, do not accept responsibility for very late delivery, contrary to contract law, and essentially are impossible to get in touch with. My husband, an attorney, is encouraging me to take the matter to county court and seek damages including the class tuition because I may have to drop the class due to no book, this is a graduate class. They are the worst I have dealt with and if it takes a suit to get them to act responsibly, then I may make use of my husband and make it expensive for them."

modified review This review was modified by MWildt on May 13 2013 08:22:26 PM

"I ordered a textbook from textbookx.com. At the time I didn't realize they also sell through 3rd party. I was charged immediately, so I assumed the book had been sent (their site says the book is charged when it ships). It was a textbook for my son's class, needed immediately because the professor forgot to post the correct book. :( When the book didn't arrive within a few days, I tried to track it on the site - only to find out it was shipping via 3rd party. I sent a cancellation notice & bought the book from the college bookstore. I rec'd a reply that said it was too late to cancel the book. I was ticked! I e-mailed back, explained the situation, and said that when the book did arrive I would immediately mail it back to TBX.com's return center and wanted a refund. They were very helpful, said I would get a refund when the book was processed - and that did happen within a couple weeks. I can see how it would hard to monitor shipping when it's done through other sellers. I buy regularly on half.com and that's how it works. Similarly, some of the items on Amazon are through a 3rd party. It's hard to manage 3rd party shippers, and I think if this was made more clear on textbookx.com they could avoid some problems. There are some of the lowest prices available on their web site, and I would buy from them again."

"I ordered 3 books and paid for express shipping. I was informed that the books should ship in 1-2 business days. When the website had not even "confirmed" the order after 2 business days, I called. They said they would check on it and call me back. No return call. After another call hours later, they decided that all of the books would be shipped the following day with an additional 2-5 business days delivery time. When I asked about the "express", I was again informed that they would have to call me back. No call. The following day I called again. The lady who answered was rude and said the other CSR would have to call me back. No call. Today I received 2 of the books. When I called, they informed me that 2 of the books were shipped together in one package. I said they were not, as I received just one of those and the other one. Then I was informed that the remaining book was "out for delivery" and should be here today. Of course it did not arrive. I just received an email stating that it has been shipped. (5 hours after my phone call.) I have found this merchant to be unreliable and untrustworthy."

modified review This review was modified by myhonestopinion on January 22 2013 04:53:43 PM

"I order a lot of books for school and heard about their used books in their marketplace. I got so many books for way cheaper that way I would have paid so much more had I bought them new. It was very easy and I had no issues getting the books on time for class. I'd use them again plan on it for next semester. "

"I ordered about 60 children's books from them for my best friends new twins and every book arrived on time and in great condition not to mention they were way cheaper than other places I looked. I got automated emails to confirm all my orders and also got emails when they shipped. If I had any questions I just used the Help menu which seems obvious to me and I could also email them. Not sure why everyone else had bad experiences with them because mine was great. Definitely shopping with them again."

"This company does not take responsibility for their third party sellers. I bought a book for over $49, I thought was from TexbookX, when my book NEVER came they let me know that I had purchased from a thrid party and I would just need to contact them. The receipt that I recieved did not give me any information about the seller, not even the name! Terrible customer service, I will never order anything from them again."

"I ordered a book from textbookx to rent. When I got it, it was volume 1, only half the book! This was not mentioned anywhere on the site when I ordered it. I returned it immediately. Then, months later, I began to receive emails reminding me my rental was due. Well, duh, I already returned it. It took forever to get a response, the customer service people have no idea what they are doing and then they referred me to the seller. Well, the seller explained things to me and that I am to go through textbookx. I'm still trying to resolve this and get my money back. They have the some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I hate that they gave me the runaround."

"Terrible company! Avoid them like the plague. I bought an ebook through them that was missing entire sections. How can I study for my course without the material?! When I complained to them, they basically blew me off and said that I had to go to the publisher. I bought it from Textbookx.com and want a refund for bad merchandise from textbookx.com. My next step is to dispute the charges with my credit card company after I find out if I can report them for fraud."

"Worst seller. Got an eBook from them, which supposedly came with access to the online HW. Never got the online HW access code. Awful customer service by email, it's as if they don't even read what you write. It's like talking to a machine. Impossible to get a refund. Avoid at all costs. "

TextbookX.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

TextbookX.com is not a merchant member
TextbookX.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!