Stores > Tennis Express
  • Tennis Express

Voice your opinion! Review Tennis Express by clicking a star below.
2016-12-12

They pulled a fast one on me.... DUH!

"As numerous reviewers have noted, they prominently advertise their free shipping and 365 day returns. 3 weeks ago I ordered two $100 sale racquets on different orders . Before receiving them, I changed my mind, with the intent of ordering different racquets at the same price. I assumed that as long as the racquets were unused, the 365 day return offer applied.

Well, it does and does not.

If you order racquets strung, they will NOT accept returns. (You only find that out when the order arrives!)

However, if you successfully plead with them to accept such returns, they will charge $15 per racquet labor charge pus a hefty 20% restocking fee. In other words, They will refund $65 for a new, unused $100 racquet. (I can understand a $10-$15 penalty, but $35???)

To add insult to injury, they do not mention this when you order. Perhaps you can dig deep and find this info in some obscure area of their website, but I could not locate it. I was essentially forced to keep the original racquets and omit purchasing preferred racquets.

2016-02-17

You pay for shipping and returns

"You end up paying for shipping and returns even though it says "FREE SHIPPING and RETURNS" all over their website. There are lots of minimum purchase requirement and they are not the same for returns vs. shipping. Very deceptive website. When I called to ask, they are not apologetic or particularly nice on the phone. Somewhat flippant and seems like they do not care about at least appearing to care about the customer experience."

2015-08-28

"The worst online retailer I have dealt with. Their idea of free shipping and free returns is ONLY for orders over $75. No visibility into the status of the return or the refund, and when you call their non-toll free number, it sounds like you're speaking with 'Roz' (Monster's Inc.) and that you've really cramped her day!

Find another online retailer for all things tennis.

2015-05-27

"Tennis Express Horror Story e-mailed to Tennis Express on Jan 16, 2015
Extremely terrible experience with Tennis Express. Orig order #1039622 reorder receipt #1044447
Dec 18th ordered my wife tennis bag $54 plus some accessories, total $66.20. Got free UPS shipping over $50 which was a pre-Christmas promotion. Dec 26th discovered that I ordered a floral bag instead of Paisley print which my wife had asked for.
Dec 25th ordered the correct bag $54 plus $5.75 UPS shipping. Total $59.75. I asked for free shipping since it was a reorder for the incorrect bag but was informed that Tennis Express wouldn’t do that.
Dec 30th Shipped the floral bag back to Tennis Express $19.18 UPS.
Jan 9th got credit for the returned floral bag $54.
So the $54 tennis bag I ordered for Christmas ended up costing me $54 + $5.75(shipping on the reorder) + $19.18 (return postage for the floral bag) = total $78.93.
Tennis Express might have sent me a return label for the floral bag prepaid with their shipping rate of $5.75 on it and deducted it from the $54 credit they issued, but neglected to do that. You could have sent my reorder with no shipping charge as I requested but neglected to do that. I contacted them 6 or 7 times and each time got a promise that someone would contact me (which never happened) or no response at all. Finally mailed a letter to Brad Blume, Tennis Express, Managing Partner on February 12, 2015 and never even got the courtesy of a reply. Tennis express obviously doesn't understand the concept of customer service or more realistically just doesn't care.

2015-04-28

"Horrible service !!!I . I ordered three items on April 16th , it is April 28th today. The third item hasn't been delivered . No one answers phone, so left message, but I haven't heard from them."

2015-02-28

"Horrible and I mean Horrible customer service. I have emailed them many times about questions when I want to order an item. However, when I had a problem with an order they did NOT respond in 1 week. I tried again. They did not respond again in 1 week. I sent a generic email saying I wanted to discuss purchasing shirts for a team and gave them my number. They called me the next day......hmmm. When I asked to speak to a supervisor about my complaint they put me on hold and somehow mysteriously we got disconnected!"

2015-02-23

"After being double charged I am told that my credit card was denied. Almost a week later and at least 6 phone calls I am still waiting for my refund. Will never shop here again! "

2015-02-20

"I purchased almost $150.00 worth of tennis clothes in January and was charged twice for these items. I've called 3 times and emailed 3 times trying to get the additional charge removed. Each phone call I get a different excuse, the last one was the billing office computers were down. I got no response from the emails. I will be talking to my bank to dispute the charges. Terrible customer service."

2015-02-13

"Wow, without going into a lot of detail, this is just a poorly run company with little regard to customer support. They are really great when things go well, but completely disappear if something goes wrong. It has been 45 days since I placed my order and it still has not shipped. They also do not respond to emails or voice mails."

2014-10-29

"I spend so much time with my orders from TE it's just ridiculous! Screw the sales tax savings, my time is worth way more!

Nobody ever answers the 800 # even if one leaves a message. "Vicky," uses a voice-mail message that fools you into thinking she's there...

Days ago, I got through on the long-distance toll number. They had me HOLD FOR 11 MINUTES, then the girl said they would send a call tag for the string return (mosquito bite 18), and she also said my Luxillon Ace 18 is on its way.

I have not received any tracking, correspondence, etc --- no nothing---

I don't want my tennis students to discredit me by sending them to TE for their gear.

I'm going back to Tennis Warehouse, Holabirds, or Do It Tennis . Anyone but TE. They have it together.

2014-08-22

"This review is for an in-store puchase at the Tennis Watrhouse in Hiuston, Texas. They could skip having employees and just have a self check register because there is zero customer service. There were plenty of employees, but they acted as if we were bothering them when we asked a question. We were one of only a handful of people in the store, but still unable to get knowledgeable help. Basically, it's a warehouse so if you know exactly what you want, you should be fine. After our bad experience, we got halfway home and realized they had given us the wrong racket. When we went back, the manager called an employee meeting to discuss what happened, leaving me at the check-out counter. He never came back. Wouldn'the it had made more sense to take care of the customer first instead of calling the meeting? I planned to purchase a pair of tennis shoes and tennis dress along with the racket and bag but after this experience, we just wanted to get out of there! "

2014-06-04

"They had the best price on the web on a pair of Adidas Barricade my father in law, an avid tennis player wanted. I ordered from them and I was even able to use a 10% off coupon I found online. They shipped the very next day via FedEx, and the shipping charges were extremely reasonable. (About 5 bucks). Everything was delivered as described and on time, and they kept me updated via email regarding shipping dates, tracking numbers, etc. I can't ask for more than that. Would buy from this merchant again anytime."

2012-10-05

"I ordered a new Wilson tennis racquet. The order process was bumpy as I checked out via the Amazon.com option. Only the racquet choice went through but none of the options did. A few days & emails later it was shipped, which went fine. The racquet looks good, but it arrived without a COVER!?! Since when are racquets sold without covers?? Disappointing..."

2010-06-15

"Tennis Express online Store has the most horrible customer service and business reputation.

I saw they had a sale on Babolat racquet online for quiet a while. We have 4 other brand racquets for my boy already. I wasn't going to buy one, but when I went online again after a day's waiting, it was still on sale, so I ordered two and Tennis Express emailed me order confirmations. My boy was so excited and couldn't wait for the shipment to arrive, but they simply canceled my online order by saying that they made a mistake online, this racquet shouldn't be on sale. If I still wanted the racquet then I have to pay the full price before the sale. I can't believe they breached the contract just like that even without an apology!

I emailed their customer service and wanted an apology, but so far they have been ignoring me.

What kind business is this? What reputation this deal would take them to? I am very disappointed, totally unsatisfied and absolutely will not recommend Tennis Express to any of our tennis friends to buy from Tennis Express.

2010-01-02

"Great expierence with tennis express. They were easy to order from and shipped the product super fast. Received the product early compared to estimated delivery date. Was able to use Bing cash back program for extra discount."

Share Tennis Express's store rating

Tennis Express is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Tennis Express is not a merchant member
Tennis Express does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!