Stores > Telestial (ekit-inc.com)

• Telestial (ekit

Product & services pricing Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

2016-09-23

SCAM- THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY

"WARNING- If you do not use your SIM card for a few months, and have a balance on your account, they will cancel the card and KEEP THE MONEY. There is no way to re-activate the SIM, and they won't allow you to use the credit to buy a new SIM. They basically steal your money. It doesn't matter if you have hundreds of dollars in credit, they basically steal it.

AVOID THESE SCAMMERS LIKE THE PLAGUE

2016-06-13

Do not waste your money and time on this worthless phone!

"The phone and sim card I bought for use in Florence, Italy was completely worthless. I succeeded only in completing 2 calls in a three-week period. When I called customer service, the representatives did their best to help, but nothing they instructed me to do got me phone service. And I was shocked to find that I was charged for customer service--in fact, almost all of my minutes were used up in trying to the get the phone to work. Upon my return to the states, I spoke to a representative. I was told I could get a refund for the phone, but that I had to pay $12 in shipping and handling fees. The phone package, with the original shipping and handling fees, cost $29. By the time I would pay to ship it back, my total refund would be $5.00--plus the phone does not come with a plug for charging. I had to purchase one for $20. So, not only did I waste time and effort during my vacation in Florence, I was being charged--overcharged--for the whole experience. After presenting my case to a manager at customer service, he told me he would appeal to another dept. to see if I could get the shipping fees refunded. That was two weeks ago. I haven't heard a word. Do yourself a favor and do not buy this phone. The better business bureau should shut this company down."

This review was modified by rffaye on June 13 2016 10:11:56 AM

2016-05-24

Customer Service? Ha! What a joke!

"SIM did not work in country as advertised. Customer support was nearly non-existant. Fought with them for 2 months before receiving a PARTIAL refund. Avoid them the plague. Spend a little more money and use a different company if you feel you need the added security before going on your trip. My advise - just wait until you are in country, and then just buy a card there. Trust me, it is simpler, cheaper, AND you know you are getting one that works locally. Good luck!"

2015-12-23

"Purchased the JT Smart 2 phone and International SIM card package in April 2014 in preparation for a trip to Europe in June 2014. Phone service worked OK but I had a some problems with data while over there. Chalked it up to local network/reception problems. Put the phone away until our next trip.
Earlier this year I loaded up data on the SIM card before a Caribbean cruise ($140). Luckily I checked before my trip. Could not get data to work. Despite spending a lot of time on the phone with Customer Service, who were sincerely trying to help, the end result was no solution. The conclusion seems to be that the phone can't process data for some reason. On top of that, the phone no longer seems to connect properly for calls - there is an initial connection which is dropped almost immediately. It can't even send simple SMS (non-data) text messages. Basically despite very few hours of use, the phone is just a useless brick now. They did refund the money I had spent on the data package, so I will give them credit that. But I suggest you don't waste your money on their cheap phones. Buy a brand name unlocked phone elsewhere and only buy the SIM card from Telestial.

This review was modified by Flagman58 on December 23 2015 08:45:44 AM

2015-05-14

"Received a phone that wasn't working. I returned it as instructed. The replacement phone they sent didn't have a battery in it, and then said I'd have to pay $45 shipping charges to get a battery delivered in time for my trip. A real rip-off in my opinion."

This review was modified by susanhill on May 14 2015 10:40:16 AM

2015-01-28

"Annoyed with this stupid sim. Hardly worked at all when I was on my holiday in Sri Lanka. I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT
EVEN RECOMMEND USING THIS SIM EVEN IF THE SIM WAS GIVEN IT TO YOU FOR FREE. if I could even rate this properly it would be in the negative star ratings because my calls and messages most of them have never gone to my recipients. They also charge such ridiculous prices for calls that do not even connect properly. I only managed to have made two proper calls of the 40$ i used for minimal calls in Sri Lanka. The 10$ I have left I am not even going to bother using. I have complained to customer department but they wouldn't allow for a refund but a measly 5$ complimentary credit. THIS IS STILL NO USE TO ME AS I AM NOT GOING TO USE IT. Such bull shit of a mobile company I have seen all my life. Better off buying a local sim on your holiday. Rip off!

This review was modified by Fiphung on January 28 2015 08:49:08 PM

2014-11-21

"DO NOT BUY THIS CARD!!
I bought this card in the US to take to Australia and followed all the activation instructions before I left the US. When I got to Australia the telephone portion would not work. I used some data to try and contact them to help me activate the phone. This did not work, the card must have been defective. When asked for a refund they would only refund the phone portion. They said I used data (even though it was only to contact them), and would not refund my $25 of prepaid data. No negotiation, they don't care. Don't get stuck in a foreign country with one of their cards.

2014-10-26

"I would not recommend the Telestial product for consideration. In short this product is worthless. Fortunately I lost only $19.00 by buying the cheapest card with the intention of adding on if it worked for me. I needed an international SIM card that would be useable throughout Europe. I ordered the Telestial Passport international SIM and received it two days later. A week later, a day before departure, I installed the SIM and tested it before leaving the United States. It registered with “Energy”, whoever they are, and I was able to make a call. Satisfies that the SIM worked, I removed it and reinstalled my regular SIM. Upon arrival in Frankfurt, I installed the Telestial Sim but alas, it failed to register with a local carrier. “Energy” showed up but it would not register with a local carrier. I switched to manual mode to register. Manually, it found carriers in Hungary, Germany, and Austria but would not register with any. As I was traveling and internet access was spotty at best and I had no phone, customer service was a useless option. I pocketed my phone as it apparently had a worthless SIM card. Immediately after returning to the US after 15 days, I tried to use it in the US but it would not work. Had Telestial turned it off for lack of use? "

2014-09-10

"We bought a SIM card from them 3 years ago and were OK with it. This time they did everything backwards, utterly frustrating with their inability to ever do the right thing.... First they sent me the wrong SIM card that would not fit my iPhone, even though I chose the appropriate card online, then the technical information they gave me was wrong, then they kept sending me contradicting emails -- it was a nightmare dealing with them."

This review was modified by Amkor on September 10 2014 05:41:07 PM

2014-09-08

"Very impressed by this service. I used it a year ago when I when I my honeymoon in Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. It was just as a backup in cars anything went wrong back home.
It worked very well and the Travel Journal portion of the product is awesome! Also delivery was fast and when I had a question, I contacted their customer service which was very helpful.
Also my new wife and I decided to go back there for our second honeymoon. I was able to locate my SIM card, reactivate it with a US number and add additional time to it with no problems. Their Android App and their website are great and easy to use. I highly recommend using this service.

2014-06-02

"Could not make or receive calls in Germany. Customer Service department was unable to resolved issue. I would not buy SIM card from Telestial again. Suggest you contact USA carrier and get their service for traveling to Europe to avoid the issues I had."

This review was modified by Laznoky1 on June 02 2014 03:57:44 PM

2014-05-18

"Customer support is great and they know their product. Phone was delivered within days and looking forward to using it in Italy."

This review was modified by rateitout on May 18 2014 07:56:56 AM

2014-05-08

"About 10 days ago I wrote a review that gave Telestial.com a poor rating because their cell phone failed to reliably provide the Internet Data service that I purchased prior to a European trip. I received a quick email response from them. It may never be known why my cell phone failed but I was impressed with Telestial’s response to my review. I received a reimbursement of all money spent trying to fix the problem using their Customer Service call number. They also took the time to explain an alternate procedure that could have been used in Europe when I first experienced the problem. While I hope that my problem with their Internet Data service is an isolated case, I am impressed with their quick, positive response to my review."

This review was modified by jhsbuys on May 18 2014 11:05:47 AM

2014-04-16

"We went to Jakarta, Indonesia on March 31, 2014. And We had this Ekit 4C dual sim and Passport SIM card. It worked well there, accept the voice was to low, I wish I know how to make it louder and put on speaker phone. It seems the phone works better in Jakarta than in US.
When I tried to make the phone call from US, I barely heard the other end said.

This review was modified by destari on April 16 2014 11:04:21 PM

2013-11-26

"I would never use this company again be warned had trouble sending and receiving texts while overseas, call backs failed most of the time and if you do not use the card within a certain amount of time they deactivate your card and tell you that you have to purchase another card or recharge the card at least $30 in order for them to transfer the balance over. this company fails if you ask me check out the BBB.org who rated them a D for all the complaints they have received about them."

This review was modified by unhappycustomer20 on November 26 2013 06:56:27 PM

Share Telestial (ekit-inc.com)'s store rating

Telestial (ekit-inc.com) is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Telestial (ekit-inc.com) is not a merchant member
Telestial (ekit-inc.com) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!