• Rating 4.67/10 26 reviews

Techdepot is not a merchant member
    Techdepot does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Techdepot contact information

"Ordered a Crosley turntable from Techdepot Canada. the money was promptly taken from my credit card but the product was never shipped. Unanswered emails and telephone calls. Total scammers."

modified review This review was modified by starfoxx on May 14 2013 06:03:05 AM

"I bought 8 HDD for a server, they charged my credit card 1808 $, and after four days they sent me an email to tell me that the item is out of stock. this was really bad and unprofessional. "

"As a small business user, Tech Depot is great. Fast and free shipping, a dedicated account rep, good prices, and excellent package tracking. I like getting an email not just when the order is received, but also when it is shipped that includes tracking information. They've been great for the 70 or so orders I've done with them since 2006, including 30 or so in the last 12 months. I highly recommend for other businesses. (I can't speak for consumer purchases.)"

"I Ordered a video game for my son (Homefront X360), they shipped the wrong game. I made a total of four calls requesting a return authorization or exchange. Each call received same response - what's your phone #, someone will call back within 4 hours. I have yet to receive a call back. On the last call I asked to speak to a supervisor, the response... they're in a meeting and will call me back within 24 hours. It's been 7 days since first phone call.

I will never use them again!

"Made a right mess of my order, and in the end said it was a mistake in the listing and they cant honor the order.
Then proceeded to hold onto my money for several days before it was refunded.
Avoid.

Mental_Myopia's Avatar
Montana, USA

"Tech Depot had the exact American Power Conversion product that I was looking so hard for, and had it at a great price! Shipping was free, and it arrived in perfect shape. Ordering online was simple, and this was an excellent shopping experience!

"I ordered an Edge digital picture frame from office depot and the order was filled through Tech Depot. The picture frame came with a loose c-mos battery floating inside I called to return and get an exchange. And when getting my order slip from inside the box noticed an address with an RMA# on it from the person who had ordered this same picture frame before me I notified thre customer service department about this hoping they would want to expidite things since they had made a mistake in sending out something that had been returned from another customer but no I was still told that someone would contact me in four hours which did not happen any of the four times I called until I asked to talk to a supervisor which was buisy and would have to call me back. I called customer service no less than six times because they always tell you they will call back in four hours but that call will never come! And I asked for a return and instead I will get a refund check in the mail in two to three weeks. I have a feeling that I will be calling for that check two to three dozen more times. Stay away from this place they DO NOT have customer service and they will not go out of there way to help you. This is by far the worst customer service I have yet to encounter in all of my years of buying from the internet.

"I've never had any problem to place order with Office Depot and this is the first time I've placed this order with its subsidiary, TechDepot. Until today, August 26, 2007, almost 2 months after placed an order, my order is still backordered, and I definitely will not recommend anyone to have any order with this business. "

"Ordered a Logitech USB keyboard & mouse via Amazon.com (ironically, they did not advertise the item on their own site). The price was the lowest on the Internet -- and I did comparison shopping. The shipping was ultra fast, the item was well packaged and in good condition, and they communicated well. Very positive experience. Highly recommended."

New York

"Office depot/ tech depot is huge, so I didn't expect much to go wrong with my experience. Usually I go with my regular online merchants, but found a rare crazy deal on a Lacie 500GB external drive for $99 I believe it was a price mistake as this drice is at least $179 at the cheapest places. Ordering was painless, and when they mean next day delivery, they mean it. Only draw back for frequent purchases is they charge tax in NY, but the deal was so good it didn't matter to me. Everything went well. Though they can't compete with prices from other premier online-only retailers, sometimes they have great deals. Will order from again."

"well done. this is office depot's on line center. i bought a sansa travel case through their amazon store front. item and tracking numbers acknowledged within 1-2 days of order and shipment within a week. "

"Ordered a HP DV9000Z laptop 3 weeks ago. Still hasn't arrived. (Listed as in stock told it would ship.) Have called and talked with them several times. Unhelpful or hang up. I hope I don't get the same rebate run around that the previous reviewer did. Glad I paid on my mastercard."

"This has been a nightmare experience for me shopping at Techdepot. I went to office Depot to purchase a dv5000z laptop. The person entered the comfiguration in the techdepot kiosk and told me how I would save money by getting 2 100$ rebates. After he ordered the laptop for me he even showed me on the final screen the 2 mail in rebates. A day later when I was showing the configuration to a friend, he said that mail in rebate was not for techdepot purchases but only for office depot ones. I called techdepot and no person in customer service was able to answer this. Finally one promised me that his supervisor would call me back. I did not get any calls but the laptop arrived on time. I hate to return things back so I did the mistake of submitting the mail in rebates hoping for the best. Last week I got a letter saying "No mail in rebates for you".

This is the worst experience I have had dealing with customer service reps who loose patience when asked of mail in rebates and deceiving sales persons. I will have to seriously consider stopping all purchases for me as well as for my company from here on with techdepot or officedepot.

"Couldn't find my Cobra CB anywhere cheaper that Tech Depot. Shipping was fast and I was notified throughout the purchasing and shipping process."

"Jermain Thornton is an awesome account manager and has done very well for us. He gets us pricing quickly and accurately. His attitude and demeanor are always very respectful and professional. Couldn't ask for a better go-to vendor. "