Tech for Less Reviews - techforless.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 7.83/10 2,422 reviews

Tech for Less is not a merchant member
Tech for Less does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

All Customer Reviews (2,426)

"Well, where do i start. I spent hours researching televisions trying to find the one that fits my budget and my needs. i found tech for less on eBay and i thought they had great deals. I thought wrong! They sent the TV with some commercial delivery service that does not normally ship to residential addressing according to the woman at the freight company. After a week of trying to arrange a delivery, i finally got it. The TV came in with burnt out pixels and the picture on the screen jumping all over the place. Completely busted television. They're ad said it was new. I was so upset.

I called then and i spoke with a girl named Anastasia in the customer service dept. who speaks with a very calming voice and is so nice which i admit calmed me down a lot. I agreed to purchase a different TV from them which cost almost another 200. (Another Bid Mistake, What was I thinking?)

They shipped it fed ex this time so i was able to get delivery much easier. The package job was amateur at best and i never got the original box the TV came in. it looks used. It came in a brown generic box with two little pieces of Styrofoam holding it in place. I opened and set it up. And then i saw it. It was hard to see at first because the border of this Samsung TV is clear and transparent. So as i was peeling the plastic on the stand i noticed a crack in the corner of the border. Another botched delivery. It looks like it was dropped on its side because when you turn the screen on it looks like something is pressing on it the way a touch screen on your phone looks when you press it.

Right now i am sitting here on a Saturday (my day off) waiting for fed ex to come back and pick it up which is what Anastasia told me to do. They gave me a window on when they are coming. Only problem is i just called Fed ex and they haven nothing scheduled at this address at all for the week. The only thing left to do is to call my bank and notify them of this issue and warn all my yelp friends out there.

DO NOT BUY FROM TECH FOR LESS!!

modified review This review was modified by ajgindi4205 on February 15 2014 08:30:06 AM

Rating 6/103/5

"I ordered a weatherx am/fm and weatherband radio flashlight/lanter with a wind up crank. really poor quality item made in china. i wrote a review in the link from their email saying i was unhappy and they refunded me for the full amount and told me to dispose of it as i see fit rather than send it back to them. great customer service in my opinion."

modified review This review was modified by ndawson on January 20 2014 11:22:41 AM
Rating 4/102/5

"I ordered an FM transmitter/charger to play my ipod in my car. It took about 4 or 5 days to ship, and when it got here, the screen was cracked. I don't know if that's due to the package not being sealed. The transmitter was in the original box, but top of the package was cut across the top and left open. I contacted the company and they wouldn't give a refund, but they agreed to send a new product. The guy I talked to said he went out to his car and made sure this one worked. I got the new one and once again, the package was cut across the top and left wide open. This time, the transmitter was not in a box. It was in a Ziplock back and there were no ties to hold the wires together or anything. My guess is they didn't want to take the time to put it back in the box. This one did work, but the screen was heavily scratched. I have never had a company send me an unsealed package, and after the first time, you'd think they would make sure the product couldn't fall out. "

modified review This review was modified by LogDono on November 21 2013 01:21:23 PM

"What a great place for non profits. This site allows us to purchase items that we need that also fit our very tight budget.
Item purchased was a camera (open box) came in great condition, quick shipping.

modified review This review was modified by childcare on October 21 2013 08:23:13 AM
zeta's Avatar
Arizona, US

"Item is in the condition I expected and it was shipped promptly by them the next morning. Great job. I can trust this company with any used products for sure."

"Tech for Less is a pleasure to deal with.Their personnel are very professional and polite.Great prices on quality items,no worries with returns and their right there to compensate if there's any problems with the items you bought...These people aim to please!

I found Tech for Less by accident and I'm glad I did.I will be buying more from this vendor in the future and if your a smart buyer you will too.

"cordless phones delivered in a timely fashion and worked well."

modified review This review was modified by wlojr on March 05 2013 01:28:47 PM

"Great product and quick shipping!"

"The order was received in the promised time and was in excellent condition. No issues."

"I wrote a less-than-good review for this company at first. My apologies to Tech For Less. My old computer with the data on TFL flat-lined and I mixed up Tech For Less with another similar company. In fact, the customer service from Tech For Less since my incorrect posting has been very quick and concerned for ensuring whatever was wrong was corrected. The error was not theirs, but mine. I would not hesitate to recommend this company to others who are looking for new/refurbished electronics. I got a beautiful Toshiba 17" laptop for less than $500. It had Windows 7 - something that's hard to come by these days & needless to say, Windows 8's a disaster. Most I know who were sucked in by the 39.00 offer by Microsoft regretted it & ended up restoring their systems to Win7. [I figured there had to be a problem when the great Microsoft was trying to unload that software so cheap! LOL] Back to TFL - their warranty for extended service is incredibly cheaper than that offered at the big retailers i.e. BestBuy, Staples, etc. TFL charged me just 59.00 for a 2yr warranty on my 17" laptop. (BB wanted 215.00 for a similar warranty and we all know about how good their Geek Squad is)

I still am not 100% happy since once you buy your item it has to be delivered. After it comes you absolutely MUST get back to Tech For Less and go thru the process of registering your warranty again. Just buying it does NOT activate the extra warranty you opted for with your item - you have 30 days to sign back on & follow the registration procedure and no more. I almost missed my chance - I was deleting old files & came across my note about Tech For Less just 48 hrs before I would have lost my chance to register. So, fair warning, if you choose the warranty, mark down the website's url & put it on your calendar to remind yourself to get back to them asap after your item is delivered.

Other than that, 5 atars for Tech For Less.

modified review This review was modified by Logikal1 on March 07 2013 11:27:48 PM

"I figuratively "stubbled" upon techforless while searching the web for a deal on an ipod.

Since that initial purchase, I have remained completely impressed with the service, the staff and the SUPER deals I continue to receive.

The single problem I have had involved another refurbished ipod I purchased which would not hold a charge. Exchanging the ipod for anothher was hassle-free, quick AND cost me NOTHING! Techforless' exchange policies and customer service approach is the BEST I have experienced with ANY retail store in a LONG time!

Thanks to all for providing service above and beyond my expectations!

"I am very unhappy with my purchase of a refurbished laptop from techforless.com. The computer has a Vistas display driver, but the computer is running Windows 7. My screen goes blank for about a minute multiple times a day. Sometimes the whole computer shuts down. Of course, there was not a problem for the first 90 days that Techforless guarantees their products. When I called the extended warranty company, they said that they can do nothing about software problems. Nobody wants to take responsibility. Save your money and go elsewhere..."

"Quick shipment arrival and items in perfect condition (and as described). Very satisfied."

"A scroll wheel would be beter than a set of buttons!!! However, than thi would not be water proof!!

modified review This review was modified by hdjoeckenjr on February 03 2013 09:29:41 AM

"I had a problem with their online ordering. They called me to fix the problem. Amazing - I've never seen that level of customer service."