Stores > Teavana

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10

2016-08-22

Extremely misleading Teavana website offer

"I ordered from Teavana's online store under the "teas" menu item and instead of tea they sent me an empty tin. When I called I was told I had ordered just the tin. I looked at my order confirmation where it said "Oprah Chai Tea T." I had no clue the "T" stood for tin especially as I had found it in the "tea" section. Also, under tins, they did not sell an empty Oprah Chai tin. I called and was told it was my mistake and I could send back the tin. Too much work and money for me but I will NEVER order from them again. "

This review was modified by liquablau on August 22 2016 01:43:49 PM

2016-05-30

Immoral and Dishonest Company

"Let me preface this by saying that I had for years been a very loyal customer. They have literally received thousands of dollars from me. When Starbucks acquired them, I worried. Starbucks as a company is total BS; their products are insanely over-priced and poorly prepared. I personally love the 'fresh roasted as of *insert date*' signs - the dates, at least in the locations around me, were always well over a month in the past. I'm sorry but if you didn't roast them within the last week - don't brag about it.

So back to Teavana - the acquisition was deeply concerning. Teavana's customer service, prices, freshness, and varieties were always stellar previously (in my opinion) and I feared that the sub-par reality of who Starbucks operates would sour the Teavana experience, too. Unfortunately this has proven to be the case for me.

On top of buying products for myself, I frequently gifted Teavana's gift cards. In one such case, the recipient had apparently misplaced hers and found it about 2 years later. Now this should not be an issue at all - the card itself stated that the balance never expires and she confirmed that calling the number on the back verified the full balance available. However, Teavana 2.0 - the Starbucks downgrade - apparently changed how many digits they use on gift cards, so you cannot complete a purchase with older cards. In trying to help my friend out, I called and spoke to a woman that seemed nice enough, but promptly explained that I needed to call a different number and the group there would simply give me an updated card number that can be used immediately. The woman at the other line had a different opinion and very rudely informed me that I was talking to their 3rd party eCard provider and needed Teavana. When I called Teavana again - their customer disservice specialist (Anthony) very rudely told me that this bad experience is my fault for not having my gift recipient use her gift card promptly and that ultimately I needed to let them void the card with yet another team and then wait for them to mail a new gift card out to the physical address (no, email was not even an option). When asking for his manager, he explained that his manager had gone home, then telling me that I should not call within the last 30 minutes of the business being opened, essentially making the office's mismanagement my fault somehow, too. I called again (they were still open for a few more minutes) and got a lady (Miranda) who explained that they don't have any managers present so late in the day. She then refused to transfer me to her manager's voicemail and gave me a fake email address.

Teavana - you are a shameful company. Starbucks has completely ruined you.

This review was modified by BizPsychDave on May 30 2016 09:58:01 AM

2016-05-09

BAIT & SWITCH

"DO NOT ORDER FROM TEAVANA'S WEBSITE!! You pay for next day shipping but they told me they can wait until up to 48 hours to process your order. BAIT AND SWITCH!! When you call they give you the run around and tell you there are no managers. I have the name of a "ghost" manager but they never got back to me. AWFUL COMPANY!!!"

This review was modified by ELAINAD on May 09 2016 11:59:21 AM

2016-03-20

Refund nightmare

"I bought $238 worth of products at Teavana in Tulsa, OK. At no time was I told that the cast iron tea set I bought was nonrefundable. It was a gift and I never buy a nonreturnable or nonrefundable gift. My receipt says: Merchandise may be returned or exchanged within 60 days of transaction. There is some additional wording about scooped tea but it did not apply to my purchase. I called to confirm the store was open and that I was returning the tea set etc for refund. The man told me no problem that he would take care of it. He was not there when items were returned. Drove across town to return and the woman manager told us no refund on sale items. The tea set was not marked as a sale item. There was no sign on these products (except for a sign across the room on some BOGO items which mine was not). She finally admitted the man had misinformed me but she would not refund my unused items, still packaged items one day after purchase. Unclear refund policy and refusal to honor receipt. Never again. "

This review was modified by Oklahoman64 on March 20 2016 04:04:50 PM

2016-03-01

Fraud or Gross Incompetence?

"Similar to all the other reviews I have had the most horrific experience with the Teavana website of my entire life. Terrible customer service full of rudeness and outright lies. FALSE ADVERTISING: discounts offered on website were never applied. Promotions that were applied when placing the order DISAPPEARED in the confirmation e-mail. IMPORTANT INFO: Teavana is a subsidiary of STARBUCKS and that is where I am currently trying to resolve my ordeal. After my awful experiences I looked up Teavana with the Better Business Bureau. In addition to having a rating of F there is an alert for this business. Either Teavana and/or Starbucks need to get this business model fixed or I smell a class action lawsuit waiting to happen as well as a huge embarrassment for a major corporation."

This review was modified by Agneska on March 01 2016 07:24:59 PM

2015-12-15

"If I gave Teavana a full star that would be generous. I concur with all those who have preceded me. Teavana's customer service is the absolute worst I have ever experienced. From reps who are picking up the phone right up to the customer service manager. It would have been nice to know that these employees were either new US landed immigrants or refugees being employed under the table, or perhaps under age workers to account for the incompetence that I experienced when trying to confirm an online order. There isn't much to be said. To the two individuals I spoke with, I won't mention your names because I want people to see this review, but you both should choose alternate careers that don't involve people. I mean humans. Your interpersonal skills are null at best. But it seems your site and all its shortcoming are part of your legacy. I can see from a long list of unsatisfied customers that you have very little to offer. Glad I didn't waste my money. In fact, thank you for cancelling my order without my permission. It sounds like I would have been disappointed with the product anyways. Just another company treating its customers like they are unnecessary. "

This review was modified by ADSonline on December 15 2015 12:23:28 PM

2015-11-25

"I wish I had known how absolutely horrid Teavana online order fulfillment was, and how absolutely ignorant and vile their customer service folks are in Missouri (their call center). I ordered one day delivery for my rather large order, and not only never received a confirmation of dispatch for my order - but just out of nowhere received my order a full week later! This was after I had already left town for a three-week period. Calling their call center was useless.....as it's staffed by the most ignorant and unprofessional staff of any call center I've ever contacted. I think this is the only time I had wished that a corporate call center was located in India or the Phillipines. Everyone I talked to was unhelpful...one guy named Anthony actually laughed after he answer the phone with the spiel of "Thank you for calling Teavana...this is Anthony, how can I help you," followed by about 20 seconds of laughing. Seriously! Who hires these people???? Is this seriously owned by Starbucks? Whoever set up this call center, manages the website orders, and supervises these clowns should be FIRED!!! "

This review was modified by JSeattle04 on November 25 2015 08:28:03 AM

2015-11-13

"The worst customer service ever!!!!
They are currently having a 20% off sale on 1 lb. of tea. So I bought 8 2 oz. Packages of $9.98 majaraja chai. I know this is my fault, but I didnt realize until after placing the order I was charged $103 rather than the $80.00 I thought it would cost. I emailed them immediately, but didn't hear back all day. I have previously emailed customer service and never heard back, so I called them. The rep said even though 2 oz. Is 9.98 (lets say $10), a pound is $103. 8 times 10is $103???? That's a misleading policy from a company who says their customers mean the world to them on their website, and is oqned by starbucks. Shame on me for not being more careful, but they would not let me cancel even though I sent a request in seconds after placing th order, the representative had the nerve to imply I shouldn't be upset because I "only paid $75". But THAT WAS AFTER THE PROMO CODES WERE APPLIED TO THEIR INFLATED CHARGE. Ugh. The worst.

This review was modified by Cwotr on November 16 2015 04:00:01 PM

2015-06-26

"Horrible customer service, we made online purchase on their website when we got the shipment email, we found the order numbers of order confirmation email and shipment email DO NOT MATCH. Called the customer service and they insisted it was not their issue. Tried to leave them feedback through the link they provided in email but it was NOT VALID! We thought USPS customer service was the worst before we called Teavana. And we were wrong! "

2015-06-18

"The worse customer service ever....
Help! I have been battling Teavana since December 2014, when I purchased over $370.00 worth of teas. When I returned home to California I discovered that I could not open my tins. I went to my local Teavana, Galleria Mall Roseville CA, and explained my problem. The Teavana employees were very courteous and I was told that I had been sold the wrong tins and that the correct tins were back ordered. My name was placed on a list.
For months I followed up with calls to the Teavana store at the Galleria Mall in Roseville CA, and personally went to the store at leave seven times trying to resolve the problem of not being able to access my teas. With every call and trip I was given the same information, the tins were on back order.
Almost six months passed with no help from Teavana to relieve my problem of inaccessibility to my teas. I finally called customer service where I was told that if I went to the Teavana store at the Roseville, CA Galleria Mall I would be given the Oprah Chai Tea Tins and some bonus/compensation for all my troubles.
I was given no compensation at the Teavana Roseville CA store. I was not given the Opray Chai Tea Tins. I was shorted in the exchange of my four one pound tins and given seven six ounce regular tins. When I called customer service back I was repeated interrupted and spoken over. Ashley informed me that nothing would be done to correct my problem and that I could speak to no person aside her. Ashley was very rude.
So Teavana, why do you treat a first time Teavana customer who spends over $370 on their first trip to your store this way? Your website has Oprah Chai Tea Tins online for purchase. Why will you not send me four of the Oprah Chai Tea Tins one pound tins and I will return the seven regular tins that I was given?
I have never been treated so rudely and am shocked at the lies. I interacted with Teavana expecting it to be an ethical company and have discovered that the front line employees are lovely, but customer service is horrible. They have misled, lied and manipulated me. I acted in good faith and was patient, requesting nothing more than to access my $370.00 of tea. I am only requesting that I receive four one pound Oprah Chai Tea Tins as promised in exchange for the seven six ounce tins I was given.
Sadly, Teavana always had the ability to make it right, they just chose to not do right.
Respectfully,
Deb Cunningham

This review was modified by dokimos on June 18 2015 09:53:28 AM

2015-06-12

"Terrible customer service for online orders. I accidentally made two orders online but never received an email order confirmation. Didn't know until I got charged twice in my bank account. The customer service staff was unfriendly and not very helpful. They continued to insist that it was my error and that I likely missed the email (which I didn't). Won't shop here online again."

2015-05-13

"Teavana online customer service is a nightmare. This is my third and last time I'm going to try and deal with calling their customer service line. For starters, it's not a 24/7 number. Stupid. Then, I was sent and charged for something I didn't order and asked for a return label. NOPE! I have to pay for the shipping so I waited until I was going to be in San Diego and returned it at the store which was a huge hassle. No "I'm sorry", "How can I help you?" Nothing. Just No. We don't do that. You have to pay. Then, I asked if a product could be searched and they said I'd have to call all the stores myself. And then he hung up! Lastly was today when I asked about a certain tea. TEA. The first part of their name. He said, "Never heard of it so goodbye". I finally went to "Eden" (sp?) at Teavana in Fashion Valley who helped me and I'll get what I need but their online customer service phone people are from he##. I don't care if I need tea ever again, I will NEVER do online business with Teavana as long as I live."

This review was modified by Yooper53 on May 13 2015 03:04:03 PM

2015-03-06

"Charged sales tax on tax exempt items, refused to correct or change their site to reflect the proper taxation. Customer service was terrible."

This review was modified by Fisher1951 on March 06 2015 08:53:00 AM

2015-02-23

"Hands down favorite store when I go shopping. They have the tastiest teas and they are worth every penny! It's about quality! Ps. Peach tranquility tea with some lemon and honey is out of this world!"

This review was modified by Teasaremylife on February 23 2015 03:29:54 PM

2015-02-18

"No sign of product delivery and absolutely zero communication from this vendor for 6 weeks after placing my order. Called on 2 consecutive days and nobody picked up. Emailed about the order and received a reply after 2 days stating "Unfortunately, there was some information regarding the payment that could not be verified. In order to receive the order, the order does have to be replaced via www.teavana.com or you will have to call in to place the order""

This review was modified by jieburd on February 18 2015 03:26:48 PM

Share Teavana's store rating

Teavana is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Teavana is not a merchant member
Teavana does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!