Product & services pricing Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.91/10 0.91/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.68/10 0.68/10

"Online order for a couple items about 15 dollars, box arrives, shipping is our address, items and invoice inside are a different person. Call and on hold 40 mins. Told shipping label will come to send the box back and our original order would be expedited out. Week or so goes by and nothing, no label, no new shipment of items. Wrong items taken to the local store said they would take care of it and if we wanted out items from there, said no, we thought they were being shipped to us. Another week no items, another call 40 mins. told items never shipped, and that a refund was done that morning. 2 days later the refund comes through and is less the shipping cost. another 40 min wait on the phone not 1 not 2 but 3 snippy employees, advises that the shipping cost was refunded and should show in 3 to 5 biz days, hangs up...... so basically never got our items, never shopping there nor the store, terrible name, expensive tea, just not worth it at all. need tea to relax from getting the tea....."

"I thought i was the only one! What a surprise,
Order shipped on December 6th, to France, im used to order from US, and it never takes that long!
I sent two emails, no answer..
Hopefully it will come before Christmas, that was supposed to be gifts!

modified review This review was modified by Charlenoah on December 18 2014 01:47:02 AM

"2 weeks and still haven't received my order. 2 emails sent no responses. Would love to speak to someone on the phone but the wait time of 30 plus minutes are ridiculous. And the one time I did wait long enough to speak with someone, the line disconnected. I will not be ordering through teavana again. What a disappointment. If these weren't Christmas gifts I would be far less concerned but so far this has been a terrible experience."

"This is the WORST online shopping experience ever that I had to deal with in my life. Please do not waste your money or your time with their horrible, unprofessional and inexperience customer service. I was on hold for an hour only to get hung up right after a man said hello. I am done with you Teavana. I'll take my business elsewhere.

modified review This review was modified by Unidep on December 21 2014 10:01:07 PM

"This is the WORST customer service experience I have ever encountered. My last online order took almost a month to come and had to be ordered twice... and yes I have had the "disappearing discount coupon code trick" happen on both of my most recent orders.

But this is beyond the pale. Ordered on 11/18; emailed 5 days ago and again 2 days ago; on hold now over an hour, no package, no shipping email, no response.

I suspect that orders using the coupon discount are getting "lost" in their system.

modified review This review was modified by Digby56 on December 09 2014 09:57:54 AM

"Lol, and here I am impatiently waiting for my order to arrive that was placed 6 days ago and now I see all of the other reviews...eek! In the world of Amazon and other quick-turnaround retailers, I guess I have been spoiled. Fingers crossed that I don't encounter half of what you all are going through! Good luck!"

modified review This review was modified by ykittys on December 08 2014 01:12:22 PM

"I ordered tea online on 11/20/14. After a week I checked online and status was ready to ship. I checked again on 12/7/14 after allowing time for shipment to arrive. I was informed that the order never went through and that I would have to reorder everything again. I don't understand how they can authorize my account for payment but not process the order. It is also extremely difficult to speak to a representative. I was on hold for over 25 minutes!"

modified review This review was modified by ZanaP on December 08 2014 09:13:19 AM

"I must be one of the lucky ones. I waited on hold for 31 minutes. I was so angry about it that I spent the time looking up these reviews, which made me very pessimistic. Finally someone got on the line, I explained my problem: I used the cyber14 code to save $25 off of $60+, it showed it worked on their website, then the emails and my bank account showed the FULL price being charged.
It took about 5 minutes, but finally the very nice lady told me she would give me a credit for the difference. Of course this just happened, but if they really do follow through with the credit, then the only complaint I have is an insanely long wait time to speak with someone!
I actually placed 2 orders. One should be arriving today (7 days after order) and the other tomorrow (5 days after order). Decent shipping speed.

modified review This review was modified by midnight366 on December 04 2014 08:41:58 AM

"Absolutely terrible! I placed an order online and attempted to apply a discount to my order. The discount showed up on my receipt given at the website (the page where it tells you you'll get a confirmation email soon). When I looked at my confirmation email it was $30 more expensive than the price on my receipt (they didn't even give me the free shipping guaranteed on a purchase more than $50, which mine was). When attempted to call and have it fixed a had to wait on hold for over an hour. Once I FINALLY got a hold of a customer service rep they told me that there was nothing they could do to get me the discount, I then told him that I wanted to cancel my order, and I was told that it was too late for that (I had only placed the order 3 hours prior and had been trying to call all day but was continuously on hold) I will NEVER shop at Teavana again and I recommend that you do the same. A company that makes customers pay almost twice as much as they were told they would because the company screwed up is not somewhere I ever want to give my money again. "

modified review This review was modified by ljhess14 on December 01 2014 12:37:06 PM

"I purchased the Oprah Chai set for a friend on 11/29/14, only to find out I was not allowed to return it because it was on sale. Called customer service only to be greeted with an extremely rude and arrogant man. I tried to explain that the posting about returning products was not made clear to me nor did the sales associate in the store tell me. It is obvious I will never make a purchase at Teavana and will tell everyone I know. "

modified review This review was modified by myexperience101 on November 30 2014 06:57:45 AM

"ONE WORD TO WHOEVER READING THIS :
GIVE YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DO NOT ORDER FORM TEAVANA ONLINE.
I made a mistake and ordered Green tea form Teavana online using their nice website, etc.
paid , waited 11 days, no news . No follow up emails was sent to me and that's why I have no order number. I also did not receive any follow email.
Called after 11 days, customer service person said , Oh, you are in California , it takes long time for your order to get there!!
and off course she has suggested me to call them in another 10 days if I have not receive my order!!
In this word that Amazon send its order with free shipping and great customer service , I will never order from a company which is operating based on 19 century rules. I am sure you will be soon out of business with your current service !
I do not want your tea and I do not want a refund and I will not call back even if do not receive my order. I will order form a website and company who care about customers and their business. Good job Teavana , you lost a customer who buying at least $800 product a year!

modified review This review was modified by Sean1111 on November 17 2014 05:24:42 PM

"I have been experiencing horrible customer service issues with Teavanna That I would like Starbucks to Address, as I can say your company has so far given me the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my lifetime.

As a short summary on or around 10/7/2014 I Placed an order via Teavanna's Website for Loose Tea, A YixingTeapot, A Teacup and Saucer and a YixingTea Mug. The order number is W2515740.

I waited several weeks but my order was not shipped, during that delay some items went on sale and sold out. I then made a phone call to customer service and was told that users of the site using tablets and such can get timeouts where orders appear to have been placed but in reality they have not.

This could be plausible, However they zeroed out the gift card that was part of the payment this I advised the customer service person on The telephone so they did receive the order but did not fulfill it in a timely manner, the service person did restore the amount debited from the gift card. I have also sent Three E-Mails The first one was responded too with a proposed solution to the problem I was Agreeable to that however that, was never fulfilled and my follow up Emails now numbering two have been ignored. Is this really How Starbucks and Teavanna wish to represent themselves as a business to customers?

There is no excuse for this! nor is it professional or businesslike by any Standard! I do not appreciate my Time being wasted in such a manner! A copy of my original order Follows below along with all E-Mail Correspondence.

Hello Latonya,

I apologize for having to bother you but I have experienced another problem with the website. I placed an order for a teapot,tea and some teacups around 10/7/2014 I used a promo code for forty five dollars off one hundred and a gift card and my credit card for the balance.

My giftcard was debited but no order was shipped also over time some items sold out, when I phoned customer service they could not find the order as current and suggested it might have timed out when placed however the giftcard was debited and zeroed out so that suggests some part of the order did not time out.

I'm enclosing a screen cap of my original orders and please let me know if I can provide any addition information. I find this to be very disappointing as I was really looking forward to that teapot hopefully things can go better in the future. Screen shots below for your connivence.

First Response Oct 27, 2014, at 6:40 PM

Hello Mr. Mac Cormack,

Thank you for contacting me. I sincerely apologize for the problem that you experienced with our website. I clearly see that you attempted to place this order. We have issued a credit back to your gift card in the amount of $25 and as a good faith measure, we will send you the teas that you orders complimentary and I will give you a $10 discount on the purchase of the infuser mug. Please let me know if these terms are acceptable to you. I hope to hear from you soon and I hope you have a great evening.

Kind Regards,

678-287-8042
lsavoy@teavana.com

My Response Oct 28,14 at 7:08AM

Hello LaTonya,

That would be great, do you need me to send you my credit card info? Also should I stop using the website to place orders? I normally browse the store using Safari on my Tablet, I don't think it would cause anything but I'm just hoping to avoid any problems. Thank you for all your help and I hope you have a great day.

Thank You your assistance & Best Regards, Ray

There is as no reply to this email.

My Third E-Mail November 7, 14

Hello LaTonya,

I'm just writing to follow up on my last E-Mail as I had not heard anything back please find another copy enclosed for your convenience just in case the mail ended up in a junk folder.

Copy Follows Below.

Original Order Screencap

modified review This review was modified by RayMacCormack on November 13 2014 10:53:06 PM

"OMG I'm not the only one! I wish I could give them zero stars!
These ppl are rude and untrained. Ive never encountered customer service like this before. Anyways, here's my story...

Horrible customer service! I made a purchase with their $30 off $80 coupon. The coupon went through and I THOUGHT I received my discount. But the confirmation email did not give me the discount. Now they refuse to give me the discount because they claim the coupon hasn't started yet.

So why does the stupid coupon work in the first place! Don't give me the discount and then cancel it on me after my order HAS BEEN PLACED! SO that it's to late the cancel the order. ANd of course you get the whole excuse that it's been shipped out already so they can't do jack for you! Not even a courtesy discount because "the coupon hasn't started yet". Yet the coupon went through and confirmed my purchased with the $30 discount.

My credit card was charged with the $30 discount price, but they took it back and charged the full amount. Even when I told them what my credit card was showing they still insist that the coupon didnt start yet and in order to give me the $30 refund I had to show proof. I didn't understand why my credit card charges were not proof enough.

The supervisor finally gave me the $30 off after she told me to send in a image of my credit card charges. But I had to go through SOOO much hassle and frustration! Rude customer service, supervisor was better, but the rest were rude, no training watsoever.

He even blamed me for the problem because he claims I had an opportunity to check the prices before I confirm my order. But I'm really wondering if he was deaf, cause I told him the order went through with the discount, WTH!

By the way, the $30 has not shown up in my credit card account yet..and the original discount price has disappeared from my credit card account...let's see how this pans out...coupon user beware! It's a headache dealing with Teavana if you encounter a problem. They don't really care about the customer and they're straight as an arrow, whatever the book says, they follow it to the tee. There is no bending or working differently for different situations...this was definately a different type of problem and they couldn't deal with it differently.

modified review This review was modified by ebishy on August 14 2014 07:46:21 PM

"The customer service sucks every time I go to ANY Teavana. It does not matter if it is in Connecticut, New York or New Jersey... it is always consistently awful! They are never engaging or friendly, and they usually straight up ignore me. Everything is overpriced. I can not stress how much I do not like Teavana."

"Let me start this by saying that I love Teavana's tea. However, I will never deal directly with them again. Their ordering system and customer service are abysmal, and the tea is not worth the trouble. If this is as far as you read, you've got the gist of my story.

Here are the gory details if you're interested:
-12/26/13'ish placed an order for $23.30
-ship date: 1/13/14, received 1/16/14'ish
-packing slip indicates $11.87 and half my items are marked 0 for qty shipped. NO other explanation
-emailed Teavana - no response after 3 days
-emailed Teavana - no response after 2 days
-called Teavana, waited on hold for 25 minutes, requested a callback, no response all the following day
-called Teavana, waited on hold for 20 minutes, finally got someone. she said it looks like I received all my items, her system showed that all my items shipped. interesting. I was mad at this point already and asked what I'd be charged? she said the $11.87 on the packing slip, but she offered to ship me the other items from my order at no charge. most weren't available so had to make substitutions.
-several days later I see the credit card charge for the original $23.30. emailed Teavana - actually got a response the following business day this time.

so to sum it up, their shipping system is completely disconnected from their ordering/payment system. one doesn't know what the other does. doesn't matter what they tell you what you'll be charged, they apparently don't really know. if I'd never contacted them, I'd have been charged full price for half my tea. even after contacting them and them making apologies and offering to ship the remainder of the order at no charge, they charged me the full price anyways and pretty much told me there's no way they were honoring their word of only charging me $11.87 b/c they'd substituted items. I recommended they pull the phone conversation to verify, no response. I will NEVER order from Teavana again. I'm not sure that I'll order their product from anybody else. never have I felt more neglected and disrespected as a customer. and before you call them & request a callback, I'll quote what their representative told me: "there's usually a 2-3 day waiting period for a callback." I asked if they were working on that problem and she said "well, I'm answering your call now aren't I?" wow. just wow.

modified review This review was modified by cdprater on February 11 2014 06:32:31 AM

Teavana is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Teavana is not a merchant member
Teavana does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!