Teavana Reviews - teavana.com/ Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 0.00/10 30 reviews

Teavana is not a merchant member
Teavana does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"Let me start this by saying that I love Teavana's tea. However, I will never deal directly with them again. Their ordering system and customer service are abysmal, and the tea is not worth the trouble. If this is as far as you read, you've got the gist of my story.

Here are the gory details if you're interested:
-12/26/13'ish placed an order for $23.30
-ship date: 1/13/14, received 1/16/14'ish
-packing slip indicates $11.87 and half my items are marked 0 for qty shipped. NO other explanation
-emailed Teavana - no response after 3 days
-emailed Teavana - no response after 2 days
-called Teavana, waited on hold for 25 minutes, requested a callback, no response all the following day
-called Teavana, waited on hold for 20 minutes, finally got someone. she said it looks like I received all my items, her system showed that all my items shipped. interesting. I was mad at this point already and asked what I'd be charged? she said the $11.87 on the packing slip, but she offered to ship me the other items from my order at no charge. most weren't available so had to make substitutions.
-several days later I see the credit card charge for the original $23.30. emailed Teavana - actually got a response the following business day this time.

so to sum it up, their shipping system is completely disconnected from their ordering/payment system. one doesn't know what the other does. doesn't matter what they tell you what you'll be charged, they apparently don't really know. if I'd never contacted them, I'd have been charged full price for half my tea. even after contacting them and them making apologies and offering to ship the remainder of the order at no charge, they charged me the full price anyways and pretty much told me there's no way they were honoring their word of only charging me $11.87 b/c they'd substituted items. I recommended they pull the phone conversation to verify, no response. I will NEVER order from Teavana again. I'm not sure that I'll order their product from anybody else. never have I felt more neglected and disrespected as a customer. and before you call them & request a callback, I'll quote what their representative told me: "there's usually a 2-3 day waiting period for a callback." I asked if they were working on that problem and she said "well, I'm answering your call now aren't I?" wow. just wow.

modified review This review was modified by cdprater on February 11 2014 06:32:31 AM

"I'll simply echo what many others have said: customer service at Teavana online is a bad as service at your local Teavana store is good. I placed an order online, there was something left out in delivery, I wrote to their customer service online twice, and never received a response. I'll never order from their website again, and am not sure whether I'll buy from them again locally either."

modified review This review was modified by Mbalamwezi on February 06 2014 10:21:19 AM

"NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER will I ever order from Teavana online again. They have the absolute worse customer service I have ever experienced in my entire life. I have so many of there products> I literally buy every single week from an actual store. BUT after the hours of my time I sent on hold (over an hour) I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THE ONLINE OR IN STORE. "

modified review This review was modified by AntoineWoody on January 24 2014 01:12:13 PM

"Teavana's online experience is horrible. If you want to purchase tea from them, I'd go to a brick and mortar Teavana. Placed order and didn't get shipping confirmation until almost a week after the order was placed. When I called customer service to request tracking, I was on hold for half an hour before I hung up. I took a screenshot of my phone showing my hold time, and sent them an email of my horrendous experience thus far. That was two days ago and still haven't received a response or any type of communication. My order still hasn't arrived and I'm just thoroughly disgusted. I ordered online because I found a coupon for $10 off and I end up with more frustration. I should've just spent the extra $10 and went to Teavana in our local mall. This whole experience has shed a new light on their customer service in general. I also agree with others about how the employees do try to up-sale everything under the sun. Just let me buy the tea I want and get out. Online experience definitely gets a 1 star from me. Booo and don't know if I will give them any more business - period."

modified review This review was modified by tinyham on January 24 2014 08:12:20 AM

"I wish I had read the reviews before I asked for something from Teavana for Christmas. I showed my husband what I wanted and he went in to buy the item. The salesperson didn't believe my husband when he said he wanted to buy what I asked for and convinced him to buy something that cost ten times as much. So I returned it the day after Christmas and purchased the item I wanted. They "put a credit on my card" but as yet (four days later) it has not been credited to my bank. My husband called yesterday and was told that credits take a few days (!!) to process, even though debits are posted same day. Not happy at all with their customer service."

modified review This review was modified by tigercindy94 on December 29 2013 01:03:59 PM

"This is a store/website for people that want to pretend to be tea snobs but don't actually know tea very well besides what salesmen or websites will push on them...
Reasons why Teavana is horrible
-overpriced (if you just buy the ingredients for your favorite blend you'd save tons of money. Seriously the dried friggen fruit they put in their 'fruit' teas and 'herbs' for their herbal blends add cheap filler so they don't have to put as much actual tea in.)
-They don't actually say what estate their teas are from or much of anything for that matter. Half their blends just say "blah blah green tea". Well that's helpful. But a real tea enthusiast would know that it probably just means they have a super cheap green tea they use for that blend otherwise they would disclose the information.
-The 'german rock sugar' is always pushed and people think it's this amazing product that doesn't add any flavor and just sweetens the tea...hate to break it to you. That's just how sugar is. Regular sugar doesn't add any flavor either...and guess how you make 'rock sugar'...google it. It's literally just sugar you dissolve and then grow bigger crystals with. Such a friggen scam.
-They basically unload a pile of bull then expect you to believe it. Unsuspecting tea noobs get suckered in.
-The tea equipment they try to sell you is also overpriced.

modified review This review was modified by HeatherLynnWhite on June 09 2013 05:26:35 PM

"I placed an order on January 24th. It is now January 31st and I still have not received shipment confirmation. It was a BIRTHDAY GIFT! I have tried numerous times over the past few days to reach someone and have had no luck. I will not buy from Teavana again, and will suggest the same to my friends and family. I'm a customer service manager for a popular online retailer, and this is just unacceptable.

"I will never shop at Teavana again. I used to purchase from Special Teas before they were taken over by Teavana. They used to have good quality teas. There was an error with my order, my gift wrap didn't get included. I tried to contact them by phone over and over for several days and never got through. I got the same repeated message: We have been experiencing high call and email volumes. Finally I had to get the gift wrap remedied through their online chat. After several days, I saw they had charged me twice, once for the original transaction, and then a new transaction price that included the gift wrap. I called several times with no live help. I finally emailed them requesting a credit for my extra transaction on January 14 and telling them how disappointed I was with their communication. I just got a reply today, January 25...11 days later! The same excuse was in the email: We have been experiencing high call and email volumes. They didn't even respond correctly to my issue. Worst CS ever. I will never shop at Teavana again."

"I just had one of the worst customer service experiences. I had submitted an order online late December but had not received my order. I emailed customer service and was informed that they would respond but 5 days later they had not. I had called the 1-800 number and after being on hold in excess of 15 mins took the option of receiving a call back but I never received a call back. I called today and after being on hold for about 30 minutes I spoke with a representative. After I gave her my order number she advised that there were online issues and my order never went through. She advised that the items I wanted to purchase were no longer available. After I expressed my frustration and anger she merely hung up! Although I like Teavana teas, given how expensive they are, this type of customer service is unexcusable. I will never purchase from them again."

"I looked at the last month of december 2012 complaints and mine is the same. I ordered online before christmas and got a 50% off deal. Paid $200+ for tea and got a confirmation email but not shipping track #. Wrote an email but got there auto generated reply. I have been trying to call and get an agent on the phone but no luck. THe request a call back is a joke. I will take it up with my Merchant Bank and get the charges reversed. Screw this company and their scam. TEAVANA SUCKS..."

"This is the WORST online ordering experience I have ever had. I will NEVER order from this company again. I believe they have deceived me and stolen my money."

"They charged me more money than the totals before I clicked "place the order" and after the order confirmation. CHEATING!! 5 days after ordering, still haven't received any shipping confirmation. Customer service has a long wait each time I called. Never call back with the (press 1) "call back". I don't think I will order from them again!!"

"Ordered $59.85 worth of tea through Amazon.com's merchant program (Teavana was the seller). After a week, I had no proof of shipment, so I attempted to contact Teavana via the information listed on their website. I was on hold for over an hour each time I called. I tried dialing "1" to request a call back-guess what, they never called back. I emailed them twice with no response. I finally had to get Amazon involved, and that is the stage I'm at now. Completely disgusted with this company. Their customer service is horrid! "

"Beware. I ordered tea and a teapot from this company. They have never sent the teapot but charged me for it. I was promised shipment in one week. Then after that week they promised it in 30 days. I still haven't received it and they won't answer my emails. "

rand0mbits's Avatar
Long Island, NY

"Have been ordering from them for a long time, no problems until now. Placed an order for 7 items. Used a coupon that saved me $20. The order confirmation page showed everything as expected. But they never sent a confirmation email. Instead, a few days later they sent a shipment email, showing they they shipped 6 (instead of 7) items, and charged me $10 more than my original total. I sent them an email asking them for an explanation. It's now been 5 or 6 days without an answer to that email. Instead they sent another shipment email, showing that they shipped the last, 7th item, and charged another $10 for it.

So basically, they didn't apply my coupon (even though on their site, my order history shows the coupon was applied and the total should be $20 lower), they never told me they would ship the items separately, they charged me $20 more than what I agreed to pay for the order without confirming anything with me, they didn't send any confirmation emails (I checked the spam, the bulk, and all other folders. nothing. But their shipment emails get to me just fine,) and they don't answer customer support emails.

Their teas are good, but they aren't cheap, and with this kind of customer service I'll be looking for a different tea store.