• Teavana

Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.50/10 1.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10

2015-06-26

"Horrible customer service, we made online purchase on their website when we got the shipment email, we found the order numbers of order confirmation email and shipment email DO NOT MATCH. Called the customer service and they insisted it was not their issue. Tried to leave them feedback through the link they provided in email but it was NOT VALID! We thought USPS customer service was the worst before we called Teavana. And we were wrong! "

2015-06-18

"The worse customer service ever....
Help! I have been battling Teavana since December 2014, when I purchased over $370.00 worth of teas. When I returned home to California I discovered that I could not open my tins. I went to my local Teavana, Galleria Mall Roseville CA, and explained my problem. The Teavana employees were very courteous and I was told that I had been sold the wrong tins and that the correct tins were back ordered. My name was placed on a list.
For months I followed up with calls to the Teavana store at the Galleria Mall in Roseville CA, and personally went to the store at leave seven times trying to resolve the problem of not being able to access my teas. With every call and trip I was given the same information, the tins were on back order.
Almost six months passed with no help from Teavana to relieve my problem of inaccessibility to my teas. I finally called customer service where I was told that if I went to the Teavana store at the Roseville, CA Galleria Mall I would be given the Oprah Chai Tea Tins and some bonus/compensation for all my troubles.
I was given no compensation at the Teavana Roseville CA store. I was not given the Opray Chai Tea Tins. I was shorted in the exchange of my four one pound tins and given seven six ounce regular tins. When I called customer service back I was repeated interrupted and spoken over. Ashley informed me that nothing would be done to correct my problem and that I could speak to no person aside her. Ashley was very rude.
So Teavana, why do you treat a first time Teavana customer who spends over $370 on their first trip to your store this way? Your website has Oprah Chai Tea Tins online for purchase. Why will you not send me four of the Oprah Chai Tea Tins one pound tins and I will return the seven regular tins that I was given?
I have never been treated so rudely and am shocked at the lies. I interacted with Teavana expecting it to be an ethical company and have discovered that the front line employees are lovely, but customer service is horrible. They have misled, lied and manipulated me. I acted in good faith and was patient, requesting nothing more than to access my $370.00 of tea. I am only requesting that I receive four one pound Oprah Chai Tea Tins as promised in exchange for the seven six ounce tins I was given.
Sadly, Teavana always had the ability to make it right, they just chose to not do right.
Respectfully,
Deb Cunningham

This review was modified by dokimos on June 18 2015 09:53:28 AM

2015-06-12

"Terrible customer service for online orders. I accidentally made two orders online but never received an email order confirmation. Didn't know until I got charged twice in my bank account. The customer service staff was unfriendly and not very helpful. They continued to insist that it was my error and that I likely missed the email (which I didn't). Won't shop here online again."

2015-05-13

"Teavana online customer service is a nightmare. This is my third and last time I'm going to try and deal with calling their customer service line. For starters, it's not a 24/7 number. Stupid. Then, I was sent and charged for something I didn't order and asked for a return label. NOPE! I have to pay for the shipping so I waited until I was going to be in San Diego and returned it at the store which was a huge hassle. No "I'm sorry", "How can I help you?" Nothing. Just No. We don't do that. You have to pay. Then, I asked if a product could be searched and they said I'd have to call all the stores myself. And then he hung up! Lastly was today when I asked about a certain tea. TEA. The first part of their name. He said, "Never heard of it so goodbye". I finally went to "Eden" (sp?) at Teavana in Fashion Valley who helped me and I'll get what I need but their online customer service phone people are from he##. I don't care if I need tea ever again, I will NEVER do online business with Teavana as long as I live."

This review was modified by Yooper53 on May 13 2015 03:04:03 PM

2015-03-06

"Charged sales tax on tax exempt items, refused to correct or change their site to reflect the proper taxation. Customer service was terrible."

This review was modified by Fisher1951 on March 06 2015 08:53:00 AM

2015-02-23

"Hands down favorite store when I go shopping. They have the tastiest teas and they are worth every penny! It's about quality! Ps. Peach tranquility tea with some lemon and honey is out of this world!"

This review was modified by Teasaremylife on February 23 2015 03:29:54 PM

2015-02-18

"No sign of product delivery and absolutely zero communication from this vendor for 6 weeks after placing my order. Called on 2 consecutive days and nobody picked up. Emailed about the order and received a reply after 2 days stating "Unfortunately, there was some information regarding the payment that could not be verified. In order to receive the order, the order does have to be replaced via www.teavana.com or you will have to call in to place the order""

This review was modified by jieburd on February 18 2015 03:26:48 PM

2015-02-13

"Unbelievable! I have always been disgusted by the sales tactics used in-store at teavana (also the prices...also the fact they are a Starbucks company) so I've always bought my teas local. However, due to a recent move, I've had limited options when it comes to tea. I saw teavana was offering a sale so I decided to give them another try...but this time, ordering online versus dealing with the vultures at the store. Worst experience I've ever had. Still have yet to receive my order but also found they had charged my account for unauthorized funds in a separate transaction, this morning! I called and received a rep who was rude, aggressive, and unsympathetic. Basically that even though they have taken the funds, there is no order number associated to the transaction so it "isn't real"? The funds are gone...and have been sent to teavana without any merchandise purchased. Will NEVER buy from here again! Stay away. The tea is overpriced, the customer service is awful, they steal from customers...and the tea quality is lacking! Go LOCAL if you can!"

This review was modified by annie2286 on February 13 2015 10:46:16 AM

2015-02-11

"As if the 3 weeks delay was not enough, they are now charging me and sending me orders i never made! This is the worst online buying experience i ever had. "

2015-01-28

"Placed order online on January 15th, still no sign of package on January 28th and phone customer service agent wasn't rude, just not helpful. Thankfully this was not for a gift, but for someone who shops online regularly, this has been a bad experience. I will never shop their website again and will look for a replacement for my favorite chai tea."

2014-12-30

"Placed an order on December 1, 2014 for Christmas. Received a damaged box, the post office scanned the package as a damaged box. There was only 1 of my 7 items in the box. Immediately called customer service, I waited for an hour actually 64 mins before a rep ever got on the phone. After explaining that I only had 1 item in the box he asked me to email him a picture of "proof" of the damaged box. I did so immediately. He responded to my email 24hrs later and then proceeded to ask what was missing. Even though during our phone conversation I clearly gave him every detail. 2 days later I followed up because I had not heard anything back from him. He emailed and said the items had been reshipped. I then get an email of shipping confirmation and only 2 of the 6 missing items were reshipped. The tracking number provided is not valid. I have called several times and after extremely long hold times, I have only been told that it has been shipped but can't be tracked.

As of today, I still have not received my order. I emailed the same rep yesterday requesting a refund and still no reply.

In addition, my 15 year daughter went in to a store in Texas to buy me a present, and left with nothing. She they were not helpful at all and when she finally got someone to help her, the associate was rude and commented to her that it may be expensive and out of her price range. My child had $100 to spend on me. So instead, she purchased loose tea from a local tea house.

I will never order from Teavana nor will we ever shop in their store. Keeping in mind, I have over the years spent lots of money on tea and products from Teavana. "

This review was modified by starbucks32 on December 30 2014 09:07:13 AM

2014-12-28

"I received a gift that was purchased at Teavana. The item, a honey jar, was defective and I contacted Teavana to figure out the best way to resolve it. Teavana's answer was pretty much Buyer Beware and if you couldn't tell it was defective when you opened it, it's not their problem. I definitely recommend folks shop somewhere that stands behind their products."

This review was modified by GIMommy on December 28 2014 03:55:58 PM

2014-12-24

"Like the tea, thought I got a good deal on the gift. Promised gift to be delivered by Dec 23 what a joke hasn't even been shipped As of Dec 24th e-mailed twice and just getting the run around with no firm date of when they will ship the gift. Last time I buy .
anything from them. Funny thing is I bought the same gift for someone else and the shipped that out. "

This review was modified by Lucky907 on December 24 2014 09:33:53 AM

2014-12-18

"Online order for a couple items about 15 dollars, box arrives, shipping is our address, items and invoice inside are a different person. Call and on hold 40 mins. Told shipping label will come to send the box back and our original order would be expedited out. Week or so goes by and nothing, no label, no new shipment of items. Wrong items taken to the local store said they would take care of it and if we wanted out items from there, said no, we thought they were being shipped to us. Another week no items, another call 40 mins. told items never shipped, and that a refund was done that morning. 2 days later the refund comes through and is less the shipping cost. another 40 min wait on the phone not 1 not 2 but 3 snippy employees, advises that the shipping cost was refunded and should show in 3 to 5 biz days, hangs up...... so basically never got our items, never shopping there nor the store, terrible name, expensive tea, just not worth it at all. need tea to relax from getting the tea....."

2014-12-18

"I thought i was the only one! What a surprise,
Order shipped on December 6th, to France, im used to order from US, and it never takes that long!
I sent two emails, no answer..
Hopefully it will come before Christmas, that was supposed to be gifts!

This review was modified by Charlenoah on December 18 2014 01:47:02 AM

Share Teavana's store rating

Teavana is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Teavana is not a merchant member
Teavana does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!