"Target in Canada and the U.S. Are both terrible! They are the worst, never have I experienced this in any other store. Target never has anyone around to help and when they do they just ignore the customers and continue chatting amongst themselves. Shelf price is always less than what comes up at the register when you check out and no matter when you go the shelves are always empty or just about. Can they not afford to buy inventory or hire employees that care?"

modified review This review was modified by Chillis8876 on August 14 2014 03:53:26 AM

"The corner entertainment unit/tv stand I ordered from Target on July 25 and delivered on July 31(item # 101769307809) was such a piece of junk - I finally had to trash it. Hard to know where to begin - but here goes.

Walker-Edison Furniture made the product and I mean to tell you - these people I dealt with there are really hard to believe.
They refused to respond to me e-mails or phone calls. They have one person in customer-service who will not return calls.
I finally had to talk to the supervisor. When I explained that their advertised measurements were off and a shelf was missing., she called me a liar. The unit is made of very cheap mdf wood that flakes off and scratches very easily. I defy anyone to follow their instructions on how to insert their nuts and bolts for pre-assembly - without damaging the wood. the pre-drilled holes were too small for the bolt inserts and too large for the plugs -although they did provide glue which was too runny. I used gorilla glue.

I found a similar unit on e-bay. More expensive but made from real hardwood. That's the key - Target should drop these people from their supply list and stop selling their junk for everyone's sake.

"I've placed an online order, after a couple of days, I've received an email confirmation that the order was shipped. I was given a UPS tracking number and an estimated delivery date. I kept checking the tracking number, but even after the estimated delivery date, the tracking still shows that the package was not received by UPS. I called them, waited for 20 minutes and got disconnected. The next day, called again and waited another 20 minute, and talked to a clueless CSR. Didn't get any help and asked me to keep waiting.

There's no email, or online chat for inquiry. The only way is to call and wait. Ridiculous.

"My order was packaged very securely, shipped quickly and received timely. The product was just what we needed.

modified review This review was modified by soxorifocuha on July 27 2014 01:35:35 PM

"Target is by far the worst place to shop! I purchased a patio swing on 5/24 and a week later they confirmed delivery on 6/6 but I did not get delivery. I called Home Direct, the delivery agency contracted with Target, and was put on hold for 1 hour and 5 minutes only to be told the product was delivered to the local distribution. I called the local distribution and they said they did not get the product. I called Target and was told they will rake care of everything for me. On 7/2 I was confirmed I would be receiving my product on 7/8. I did not get the product. I called Home Direct and again I was put on hold for 1 hour and 14 minutes and was told it was delivered to the local distribution center. I called the local distribution and again they said they did not get the product. I called TARGET and they said they will take care of everything. Two days later I was told they lost the shipment and they do not have anymore in stock.
The local distribution center told me they have customers waiting for shipment from TARGET for three months.
I added my review on the product this morning and was posted for few minutes and later removed along with the product.
DO NOT BUY FROM TARGET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They sell products without having them in stock!

modified review This review was modified by WafaaHilo on July 28 2014 04:02:00 PM

"I ordered via the Target webpage a CD set.... the page state 2-5 days delivery. After I paid, they sent me an email stating that the CD would arrive 1 month latter. I called and was told "it is back ordered", I asked to cancel the order and after 20 min on hold I was told they couldn't... their system would not accept a cancel order. The should have stated that the item was back ordered and they should make using a stop order easy ... I regret using Target and I should have stayed with Amazon ... "

"Do not shop at the Inglewood, CA Target. Worst store in the world."

"Worst Online service ever! Ordered a patio set on May 4th.
7 weeks have gone by and the set has still has not delivered. Target of couse accepts no responsibility and blames their shipping partner, reason..after a month sittting in some wareshouse they deliver it to the wrong address, another week goes by and then they lose the shipment altogether. By the time i get this set summer will be over. During this time i have wasted hours with multiple unanswered phone calls to their shipping partner, Home Direct. Many more phone calls to Target and now, finally, after 7 weeks of waiting/call/mis-information, Target finally re-issues the order and ships it out to the same carrier with another, at least two week out, delivery date. You'd think that Target would at least have the flexability to expedite an order to someone who has waited 2 months and wasted this much time following up on an order. But NO, apparently Target has no other method to ship out their overweight orders. I manage a large manufactuing facility and when my customers wait they lose money. I have gone out of my way working OT and hot-shot deliverys to make my customers happy. This is not how Target chooses to run their on-line business.

"This was my first time making any order from Target. I am Canadian and they are struggling here but still gave me nothing but contempt for their name. I ordered a $10 e-gift card which they cancelled because the email I sent it to was a proxy service (I respect my personal information and privacy). They cancelled that order so I tried again, emailing it to my own personal email for school. It was cancelled AGAIN because the phone number I had provided was not matched to my billing address (They looked it up while I was on hold). I know they recently had a large security leak and they should be weary but as I said to the service rep, it is a $10 e card not a damn bomb. They steal my personal information and wont give me what I ordered with a valid, not stolen credit card. Never again. Oh and even if it was authorized, it would have been late both times; four hours my arse."

modified review This review was modified by Mr.Guy on June 07 2014 09:24:30 AM

"target is a well rounded store. they seem to always have what i want to purchase, even moreso now they have expanded thier grocery line. they seem to have enough associates working to handle customer inquiries. the hours they are open seems to allow anyone the ability to shop at their stores. priceways, they are competitive with other retailers such as k-mart and walmart. as i said, a well rounded store"

"I ordered diapers for my son online. I used PayPal as my method of payment. 2 days after I submitted my order, I received an email stating my order was cancelled. I checked my PayPal account to make sure the order did not go to a different account (thinking the account did not have the funds to pay for it). It showed on my PayPal account that the order had been paid for! I called Target to find out why it was cancelled and the first person I spoke to did not know and transferred me to someone else. Then, I was told it was because I recently moved and Target was not sure if my new address was correct! They have my phone number, which never changed. I asked why they did not call me to verify this and I was told because it was too early in the morning so they just cancelled the order. However, the problem is, they took the funds out of my PayPal account. I told them that and they said they did not take the funds, it was still in my account. It is not and now I have to go through all kinds of things to make sure my money is put back into my account. How Target can take a customer's money and then cancel their order 2 days later and not put the money back does not make any sense. This should be illegal. DO NOT trust Target with your online financial information!"

modified review This review was modified by brandi111999 on May 30 2014 11:10:59 AM

"my very first order, shipped to IN while i am in CA. i WAITED 23 days and receive a note of order delivered! "

modified review This review was modified by pearlllife on May 23 2014 10:52:50 AM

"Worst online experience ever! I ordered 4 items from target online. They had a few country kitchen decor items I really liked. Three of the items I was supposed to pick up at my local target store. They said all were in stock at the store. Come to find out one of the items was not in stock so they cancelled it. No big deal, they told me my free $10 promotional gift card was going to be shipped. Then I get an email saying the gift card was cancelled as well. I called customer service to find out why and got some woman from the Philippines who I could barely understand and just kept reading off a script over and over again. By this time I felt swindled because part of the reason I ordered the items online was for the free gift card.
Then I checked my credit card and they had overcharged me $9.80! Including the item they had already cancelled. You would think a store like Target would have their online retail experience be half as decent as it is in the store but it seems they really dont have a clue. Watch your billing statement closely because the amount of charges did not make any sense. Even after they refunded me for the cancelled item it still was not the right price! I am not about to spend another hour on the phone with someone who barely speaks English and am chalking it up as a loss. From now on I am sticking with Amazon, I have ordered hundreds of items with with them and I have never had any problems.

modified review This review was modified by minilea on March 13 2014 02:49:22 PM

Laura11's Avatar
Montgomery County, Maryland

"I LOVE Target! It is the first place I try when I need anything from shoes to clothes to small appliances to snacks and beyond. I especially love their clothing selection. I am not the size 2 stick figure so many upscale stores seem to cater to, and I love how Target gets that and offers fashionable clothes in a wide range of sizes. I have a handful of pairs of pants, capris and skirts that look like a million bucks, but they are made of super-comfy t-shirt material that allows me to look dressed up and feel like I am wearing my PJs all at the same time. AND they cost me no more than $20-25 each, and usually less. If a need a gift, I can find cologne for my dad, pretty accessories for my mom, great bags and organizers for my world-traveler husband, cute accessories to give as housewarming gifts... even fun little goodies for my pets! If I had to decide on the 1 store I could not live without because every other store on earth was about to be blown up, Target would be it!!!"

modified review This review was modified by Laura11 on February 24 2014 08:50:33 AM

hubris's Avatar
New York

"I've only purchased from them 3 times: twice in 2013 and once in 2010. Every order was quickly processed, and shipped promptly with accurate shipping/tracking formation. When I received the packages, all items were correct, proper condition, and intact. My most recent order was a pink 3DS XL on sale for $175.99. I was so paranoid it would arrive damaged, but it arrived in perfect condition. However, due to recent security breaches I will not shop online until everything is sorted. They have done well in the past for me so I will definitely return in the future."

modified review This review was modified by hubris on February 04 2014 03:34:59 PM

Target is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Target is a merchant member
Target participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,851 merchant members.