"I ordered something online at target and accidentally messed up one number on my address. I realized this almost immediately and tried to correct my mistake. There is no way to do this (really, no way to do this) so I then tried to cancel my order rather than have it go to some neighbor I do not know. This apparently you also cannot do. I was told over the phone that you can only "request a cancellation" but you cannot definitely cancel anything you order from there. A week and a half after my request I received an email that said that the order would ship later than it originally was to be sent before all of this request to cancel stuff happened. I then called again and after being put on hold by 3 different people I was told that no one knew if it had been cancelled or not. They said all I could do at this point was wait to either get an email saying it had shipped or if it had been cancelled. If it was being shipped I would just have to wait until I got the object, which in my case meant that some random person would get it and then I would just lose a chunk of money and could do nothing about it. Im done with Target.com. Ill just use a company that will let you adjust or cancel your order if you need to. This is absolutely absurd."

"I and absolutely appalled with how target handles their online returns. I recently ordered a black widow Halloween costume from target online on sale and once I received it found out it was too small. I returned it to the store and was told that if I called their 800 number I would be able to do a direct exchange for the new size. However, when I called them they told me they were unable to do that even though all I needed was the new size. Not only was I misinformed but they did nothing to correct the situation. I refuse to do business with target until this issue is resolved. A business that is run like this does NOT deserve my business."

"Worst experience ever! Ordered a baby gift for nephew to pick up in another state. Simple? You would think! The store would not release the item unless they paid for it again! Even called online services had a case number and they would not call online services! Said they don't call them and implied to my nephew that they were inconveniencing them!
Called online service again for help they said just don't pick up the item and you will be credited in a few days!
Sent an email and there reply was sorry hope you have a better experience next time!

"I ordered some nail polish bottles online, the 'Glass' bottles were thrown in a box without any protection, upon opening the order the boxes was all wet and painted from the nail polish,. I called target they asked me to ship the box back in order to give me a refund, i tried to explain that the box is a mess, and just for me to prepare the box to ship back will make me dirty and sticky, i offered to send pictures but they didn't agree.

While i understand that they didn't want to issue a refund without shipping back the order, i am very disappointed with their packing, i mean just a little common sense, i could you pack glass bottles to travel from IN to NY, without ANY protection?

"This is the worst online experience that I have ever had. Every phone call I made the computers are updating they must have the slowest call computer system known too man. Not only did their web page not take an alternative shipping address it didn't give the promised discount. I am done with Target."

"My worst shopping experience ever has been recently at target online.Here is the chat transcript with a customer service online
On 09/17/2014 (from an order place on August 2014):
"You are now connected to Bruce.
Bruce:Thanks for shopping on Target.com. My name is Bruce. How can I help you?
Maria:When are you going to ship my order #*******?
Bruce:I'd be happy to help you with this order.
Bruce:Can you please verify the first and last name and email address that was used to place the order?
Maria:Maria X***

Maria:Chicago, IL 60608
Maria:me@yahoo.com
Bruce:Thank you for verifying your order.
Bruce:Would you mind waiting a few minutes while I check that?
Maria:Sure. I be waiting.
Bruce:Thank you.
Bruce:I see that there is only a regular replacement order.
Bruce:Until we receive the original item this order will not be shipped.
Maria:There was not replacement order. Fedex only delivered one out of the two packages containing in the original oreder, which had several items.
Maria:This order is a claim because one of the two mattresses has never been delivered.
Bruce:Maria, I'd suggest you to call our guest service team at (800) 591-3869 and ask for supervisor for more help.
Maria:do you mind to wait. i'm in the phone now waiting for a supervisor.
Bruce:Sure!
Bruce:I don't waiting.
Bruce:*I don't mind waiting!
Maria:there is a supervisor on the line. let s see if he helps
Bruce:Okay.
Bruce:Can I help you with anything else?
Maria:this is the only issue i have with target. but i wast this fix asap
Maria:he is transfering to the team specialist member.
Maria:i will have to tell the whole thing again. still waiting
Maria:ooopppsss. the call got lost. what can i do now?
Bruce:I'm really sorry about that and I'll be sure to share your comments with our leadership.
Bruce:You can also send an email to guest.service @target.com for more help.
Maria:I did so. It didn't work. Any other suggestion?
Bruce:I'm sorry but we don't have any other media to get connected with our supervisor's team.
Maria:Can I ask Target to return my money, cancel this "replacement order", place a new order with same item and pick it up in store?
Bruce:You can request our supervisor to cancel the replacement order and you can request a refund.
Maria:I guess the problem at first was FEDEX, because they marked two packages as delivered when they only delivered one, but I'm not responsible for that. How can i contact your supervisor?
Maria:BTW. The building where I live has surveillance cameras. We could see the Fedex truck and everything that was/wasn't delivered.
Bruce:I'm sorry but the only way is to call or send an email to our guest service team.
Bruce:I'm sorry but unfortunately I'm unable to help you with this order.
Maria:I called, and the supervisor wasn't able to help. I tried to transfer my call. Can you give me a direct number?
Maria:Sorry , he tried to transfer my call. What is the number?
Bruce:I'm really sorry but we don't have any direct number to get in touch with the supervisor."
I can't understand how is possible that these two corporations (Target &Fedex) have a rating of A+ with the BBB.

"TERRIBLE SLOW SERVICE - slow slow slow shipping and processing. From origin to destination 380 miles a 6 hour drive --will arrive next week a full 10 days if on schedule. Called they said that is their processing time. AMAZON is much faster. Other options Bed, Bath and Beyond, Walmart.com. "

"Target Redcard is a Big Joke! Dont let them sucker you in with the 5% savings because they give you such a small credit limit, its ridiculous!
I have been a Redcard member since 2012, never had a late pmt, and have always paid off the small amt of credit they gave me, and they deny my request for a higher credit limit every time i call! Just a bunch of BS!
I think even though i would prefer to shop at Target, i will be from now on shopping at WALMART, becuase they wont increase my credit to give me the savings they claim to give their customers! What a crock of blank blank blank that they give to customers to make them sign up for the Redcard! Beware, dont fall for it!!!

"Target in Canada and the U.S. Are both terrible! They are the worst, never have I experienced this in any other store. Target never has anyone around to help and when they do they just ignore the customers and continue chatting amongst themselves. Shelf price is always less than what comes up at the register when you check out and no matter when you go the shelves are always empty or just about. Can they not afford to buy inventory or hire employees that care?"

modified review This review was modified by Chillis8876 on August 14 2014 03:53:26 AM

"The corner entertainment unit/tv stand I ordered from Target on July 25 and delivered on July 31(item # 101769307809) was such a piece of junk - I finally had to trash it. Hard to know where to begin - but here goes.

Walker-Edison Furniture made the product and I mean to tell you - these people I dealt with there are really hard to believe.
They refused to respond to me e-mails or phone calls. They have one person in customer-service who will not return calls.
I finally had to talk to the supervisor. When I explained that their advertised measurements were off and a shelf was missing., she called me a liar. The unit is made of very cheap mdf wood that flakes off and scratches very easily. I defy anyone to follow their instructions on how to insert their nuts and bolts for pre-assembly - without damaging the wood. the pre-drilled holes were too small for the bolt inserts and too large for the plugs -although they did provide glue which was too runny. I used gorilla glue.

I found a similar unit on e-bay. More expensive but made from real hardwood. That's the key - Target should drop these people from their supply list and stop selling their junk for everyone's sake.

"I've placed an online order, after a couple of days, I've received an email confirmation that the order was shipped. I was given a UPS tracking number and an estimated delivery date. I kept checking the tracking number, but even after the estimated delivery date, the tracking still shows that the package was not received by UPS. I called them, waited for 20 minutes and got disconnected. The next day, called again and waited another 20 minute, and talked to a clueless CSR. Didn't get any help and asked me to keep waiting.

There's no email, or online chat for inquiry. The only way is to call and wait. Ridiculous.

"My order was packaged very securely, shipped quickly and received timely. The product was just what we needed.

modified review This review was modified by soxorifocuha on July 27 2014 01:35:35 PM

"Target is by far the worst place to shop! I purchased a patio swing on 5/24 and a week later they confirmed delivery on 6/6 but I did not get delivery. I called Home Direct, the delivery agency contracted with Target, and was put on hold for 1 hour and 5 minutes only to be told the product was delivered to the local distribution. I called the local distribution and they said they did not get the product. I called Target and was told they will rake care of everything for me. On 7/2 I was confirmed I would be receiving my product on 7/8. I did not get the product. I called Home Direct and again I was put on hold for 1 hour and 14 minutes and was told it was delivered to the local distribution center. I called the local distribution and again they said they did not get the product. I called TARGET and they said they will take care of everything. Two days later I was told they lost the shipment and they do not have anymore in stock.
The local distribution center told me they have customers waiting for shipment from TARGET for three months.
I added my review on the product this morning and was posted for few minutes and later removed along with the product.
DO NOT BUY FROM TARGET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They sell products without having them in stock!

modified review This review was modified by WafaaHilo on July 28 2014 04:02:00 PM

"I ordered via the Target webpage a CD set.... the page state 2-5 days delivery. After I paid, they sent me an email stating that the CD would arrive 1 month latter. I called and was told "it is back ordered", I asked to cancel the order and after 20 min on hold I was told they couldn't... their system would not accept a cancel order. The should have stated that the item was back ordered and they should make using a stop order easy ... I regret using Target and I should have stayed with Amazon ... "

"Do not shop at the Inglewood, CA Target. Worst store in the world."

Target is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Target is a merchant member
Target participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,865 merchant members.