Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"As a family we've had T-Mobile for 3 months and since the inception we've had problems. These problems include:
1) The phones not working as they should.
2) Returning a phone to T-Mobile, getting an email that the phone has been received then still being billed for the phone and its service.
3) Spoke to about 20 different reps in various departments alone with supervisors but were told T-Mobile has no records of the phone being received, as they continued to bill us. Although we had email proving this phone was received by T-Mobile, they even suggested we must have sent back an empty box and still have the phone. Finally we got an email address to forward the email we got from their warehouse that the phone was received. A collective time of about 10 hours over a period of 2 months, problem is fixed and for our troubles we got a credit of $50
4) Although the T-Mobile representatives and their supervisors sounded sympathetic to our plight and even sounding sincere as they would promise to investigate and calling us back, staying with you until the problem is resolved, they never followed through. You won’t have to explain this to anyone else they would say, and then transfer to another department where we’ll have to start our story all over again.
My wife has not had any service on her phone for the past 5 days. She needs this phone for school (getting her Double Master’s degree), for her Job as a nurse and to communicate with my son’s school, in case of an emergency.
We had to purchase service from Boost Mobile on one of our old phones, cost $50.00 for my wife
To date, after about 5 hours, collective time, talking to 4 technical support reps that troubleshoot the phone, the problem still exist
Conclusion
T-Mobile has:
Very attractive TV ads
Nice phones
Poor costumer service
Extremely high degree of inefficiency
Untrained or not very skilled technical support service reps
High degree of incompetence even at supervisory and management levels.
And an unwillingness to compensate customers for the injury suffered due to T-Mobile’s incompetence.

DON’T WALK! RUN TO ANY OTHER CARRIER!
DO NOT GET T-MOBILE!!! YOU’LL BE VERY SORRY!!!

modified review This review was modified by hypnotherapyofnaples on August 29 2014 03:58:11 PM

"Over the past year or so, I have become very upset with t mobile for several reasons. When I last signed a contract on an electronic pad, the only hard paper the store could give me was my signature and terms about if I don't pay them. I had wanted a detailed receipt of what I had just signed for. Of course, when I received my first bill, I was charged for every text (had plan with unlimited texting) and my AAA insurance discount did not apply to all the areas of my bill that I was told it would at the store. Recently, I added a line to my plan on-line which stated that it would cost my zero dollars/month. I called t mobile to verify this also. When my sim card arrived, enclosed was a letter stating that I would be charged $5/month at the new year. I called and argued the situation and was told that the zero dollars was a promotion. Wouldn't you think t mobile should have stated that it was a "promotion" and when it would expire?"

modified review This review was modified by lindamsmith15006 on November 16 2013 09:26:32 AM

"HORRIBLE, sold me a Windows 8 Nokia phone, 3 days later the phone got so hot I could not touch it, I returned and the manager took it in the back to trade it out. 20 days later the phone stopped charging. Took it back and discovered the manager took my original phone and put it in a diffrent box and gave it back to me. SR#'s Don'T Lie! A slight of hand to decieve the costomer. Phone was sent to manufactur and new is just as bad! GRRRRR"

modified review This review was modified by DdarrylPowell on October 05 2013 07:30:47 AM

"On December 26, 2012 I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Blaze Smartphone from T-Mobile. The next day business day I returned it because the 4G stopped working. Six months later the 4G stopped working on that phone also. I returned the second phone for repairs, they sent me a refurbished phone (without a back cover) that is much worse than the one I sent in for repairs!!! I then contacted Samsung who were no help at all. They told me to contact T-Mobile"

modified review This review was modified by pittsje on September 07 2013 04:02:21 PM

"worst worst worst !!!!
I have been T-mobile customer for about 4 years. They are the worst company in the whole world. Even some, Asian small companies are better than them. They screw you on purpose. They dont have anything on record of your bills or contract. if they do they will not show you.
I changed the contract to prepaid contract. I paid all my bills,even though I have been getting letters from T-mobile. that i have not paid bills. I called customer service they gave me false information for 6 times. I go letter from collection debt agency, they threatened me and harassing me over the phone that if i dont pay the amount they will screw my credit and i wont be able to get any phone service in future.
Never fall in to Tmobile company. worst worst worst !!!!

modified review This review was modified by Chirag94 on July 10 2013 06:39:37 PM

"I am an uemployed person and tried to lower my cell costs by switching to Tmobile at 8317 Sheldon Rd.Tampa,Fl.33615.Buyer Beware: I prepaid for a smart phone and service,brought it home and had no bers of reception. Drop call city. When I ried to return and get my money back,they refused and stuck me with a 128.00 loss,knowing that I dont have a job they showed very little concern. I can now only hope that t mobile goes out of business and belly up as they say. Horrible thieves. Greedy,cold and disgraceful."

modified review This review was modified by brienrhea on June 27 2013 12:44:10 PM

"I wanted to take this time to write this MESSAGE about how unsatisfactory service I have received from this company. I bought a phone that I immediately have had problems with. Just like the average person I cannot spend my valuable time for a T-Mobile representative to troubleshoot my phone. The phone will cut off in the middle of a conversation, and normally where I can send texts, sometimes it will work but most of the times it don’t. I have called 3 different people and went to Wal-Mart to talk to a T-Mobile representative. After discussing the problems over the phone, the instructions were to take to “T-Mobile” location. I did that. I have purchased extra insurance through Wal-Mart but they said that it falls under T-Mobiles warranty. Once I finally get some time to take it to a representative, they said they cannot do anything with it. This is not the first issue I have had, I did have a contract with them and within the contract they told me that I could freeze or cancel my account if I was deployed. Well I got deployed and went to talk to a representative that explained that I could freeze or cancel the account due to the circumstances. I canceled. Well once I came back from deployment, I had received letters that I needed to take action for a bill that was overdue. It happened to be T-Mobile. I had to end up paying $195 for the canceling of their service. And now I am stuck with a phone that does not work but only when it wants to. The purpose of this letter is to get people to think before they make a mistake and going with this service. Lastly, T-Mobile, I hope you are the company that ends up closing their doors. America does not need this type of piss poor service. I am going to dedicate my time to write reviews deterring people from unsatisfactory service like yours. Thanks for your time!"

Houston, TX

"I called Tmobile because me and my business partner were interested in the Text Only plan, they told me to order two activation kits, and then call them back for activation with the text only plan... I called yesterday and they told me: "we do not offer the plan anymore", and I told them what they already told... to buy the two kits... well... at the end, they never activated the two kits, I asked... "what will I do with those kits then?", they told me it's my problem... I said... "I want to return them and get my money back", but they said: "it's over a month, we can not give you anything"... so... at the end, I have two activation kits, no plan, no service... SHAME ON YOU t-mobile... "

"Beware of T-Mobile Pay As You Go Plan.

T-Mobile put a hold on my account since I had purchased $50 worth of minutes from a seller. T-mobile claims the seller used a fake credit card.
Either way, I have lost out and it sucks that T-Mobile cannot stop these fraudulent purchases.

"Poor Quality in Products & Customer Service seems to be an ongoing issue with Tmobile. I have been going through the same problems refurbished phone after another with my MyTouch 4g slide Ive came to the solution that their phones are garbage no matter which phone it is!!! I have discussed some issues with friends and Tmobile are becoming 1 of the worst, their customer service agents especially online chats dosnt seem to know what they are doing they copy & paste things out of their online "resources" as one called it, that have nothing to do with the solution to your issues. I received my new phone which worked great for a few months then phone started powering on & off on it's own. May I add as well charging the phone even became an issue. The phone would remain on the charger forever to be taken off & be completely dead or few low percentage or even the opposite to be taken off and show fully charged to die within 20 minutes. I mean it would shut itself off & on in the middle of conversations, texts, playing games it didn't matter. Called in they asked a million questions what was downloaded, what apps consisted on the phone etc finally they agreed to send another phone. To insure there was nothing I had to done to make the phone act in that manner I did nothing new no downloads, ringtones, games, change in wallpaper nothing & within a few weeks it started doing the same. Now Im being told it's the battery & the battery is not considered the handset and they only cover the handset. I knew it wasnt the battery but went out and purchased not 1 but 2 new batteries. Did not resolve the issue phone still did not cut on. By now I was furious so when called back & requesting another phone I also asked was the phone replaced with a new phone, was told no they dont ship any new phones out unless first phone ok the phone was less than 6 months & this is the second replacement being sent there is something definitely wrong with your merchandise. The $20 fee yep charged as well then was told about adding something more on my insurance did that then was charged $5 anyhow was shipped another phone .... as you can imagine another issue this, phone audio does not operate when headset plugged in. Now Im very upset when I call & ask is their a lemon policy Ive had near 4 phones(to be honest I have lost track) within a year's time with the same issues except with the audio. Ok so they tell me yes their is a lemon policy but they only give you the phone that is currently being given away as free with inline deals wth that dosnt make sense what happened to equal value of phone. Well nevertheless the same has happened again the phone has decided to cut off again & has not came back on in just about 3 days now. When I first called the instisted I had to make a claim...make a claim & pay $150 for something that evidently is an ongoing issue with TMOBILE phones. When I continued to discuss this being an repeated issue he tells me he sees the account has been a long time 4 year holder and says the will send out another phone once my account is bought up to date with a $34.98 payment. SMH So you are going to ship me another defective phone ONCE AGAIN really Tmobile. ......To top it off I had visual voicemail since the beginning of time so the password had become a figment of my imagination well that's not possible now so call customer care to get password reset well another disappointment Cant reset phone without the phone urgghh the phone is not coming on because you guys have crappy phones. I cant believe this company. Myself and a few others are now searching to move to another company as soon as possible!!! I too have been posting my unfortunate experience just about everywhere discussion are concerning Tmobile and it seems this is a constant issue with the quality of their phones as well as their customer service agents."

" Iwant the whole world to know that T-Mobile is full of crap. I have been dealing with them for almost 3 mos waiting for them to refund my money, actually that they stole from me. I ordered a cell phone early 7/12 the phone was delivered to the wrong address, T-Mobile was contacted right away. Ever since then I have been back & forward with them with no resolution. Are they hiring incompetent people or are they just that da-- crazy or both? Unfortunately I did not go to a store to purchase this order was placed over the phone, acct was charged $190.79.to this date I hear the same da-- thing you should receive a refund/credit to your acct within 7-10 bus. days, I want to know what calendar are they looking at. It's been too long court case on its way. I'm sick of this! Never, never, never deal with this company! This was my first time and my last...Hating T-Mobile!!!"

"I want to make sure that I can assist in the process of NO ONE EVER having to be linked to or being involved with this horrible company! They have terrible customer service. On several occasions, it has taken us 45min to an hour to actually get a rep on the phone. And please don't think the reps in the actual store will be more helpful ~ Especially considering you will get conflicting information in each individual TMobile store! Hidden fees are upsetting but we would have been able to look past that. We noticed we were paying a lot more than other people were for their new service with T Mobile than us ~ who have been with them for 5 long years. They basically confirmed that loyal customers were going to get screwed and that new customers were going to get exactly what was advertised. They are deceitful and difficult! DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!!"

"Ive been a customer of tmobile for 9 years. And they will purposely try to screw you and minipulate you out of your old plan, and customer service wont help you alk the while trying to tell you their new plan is better. Well f u. Tmobile i hope everyone cancels their service. Ive got a great samsung galaxy s3, and somehow they talked me into letting go of my old plan with unlimited data after argueing with cs for ever they told me no guaranty but if i had to return phone and cancel to prove how unhappy i am. But just like at point of sale if you dont actually read the contract they will lie. I was told messaging is included in new plans by person at store and then lied too again .y cs when my service was cut off even after signing new agreemment. agreement . With new phone i was actually able to use alot of data but they screwed me out of old plan. I was told i had 30 days to make return and reverse everything not true either. Fine print says i have to cancel in 14 days to reverse 2 year agreement. I didnt even get a discount of any kind for a new 2 year agreement. They are liers... i would return but. I need the original box so now im stuck with tmobile and they know it i have a phone i can only use through tmo that cost 600 dollars and im stuck in new 2 year agreement f..ck y.u tmobile"

"Im talking specifically about the sore located at 2121 NEW HYDE PARK RD, NEW HYDE, NY. They shouldn’t be allowed to be in business. Don’t go there!!! They treated you well. They say everything we want to “buy” us. We went there the day they opened the store. My husband had just been released from the hospital and we needed a new phone because we had a my touch , which by the way it’s not a good phone. It lasted a little more than one year. So, they told us the best deal would be to get a new Galaxy.
Well, we have a family plan, so they convinced us was better to change the plan to the unlimited minutes. Well, What they didn’t tell is that we were starting a new contract.
So, this way they could show they make good business at the first that of opening. So my husband bought the Galaxy they suggested and they told us we could get 2 other ones with discount anytime we wanted. LIERS!! Today I called T Mobile that said we were all locked for 2 years and if we want the same phone we need to pay $199,00 each and another $20 each phone, meaning another $40, a month.
I called the store, the manager was rude , didn’t even try to help me and said there is no longer any employee there. Please! Not even 3 month and they can’t keep the same employees!
So, search for other place before going there. Once they get you , that’s it!
They don’t care!!!

"I wanted a pre paid phone, I despise signing a 2 year contract with any phone provider. Tmobile was offering a $50 unlimited talk & text, with some 4g, then unlimited 2g after that. Perfect! The only thing they "forgot" to mention was that Tmobile has no capacity for 4g in my area. Not even 2g. All I can get is edge. They didn't mention that when trying to push me into getting a higher data package. Thankfully I didn't go for that. But even with their lousy snail paced data, it's still the best deal i could find, and I love my phone enough to stick with it for now. Plus I can usually find a wireless network, so the data isn't a major issue for me. Whenever I go to another town, I can almost always find better data. I'm just irked that their salespeople were so dishonest about their actual product. I'm also glad I had found my own phone instead of asking them for advice. I'm pretty sure they don't have my best interests at heart."

T-Mobile is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

T-Mobile is not a merchant member
T-Mobile does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!