Stores > TECH DATA

Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

horrible company to do business with - BEWARE OF TECH DATA RUN AWAY

"horrible company to do business with - BEWARE OF TECH DATA RUN AWAY"

This review was modified by techdatasucls on August 03 2016 02:23:51 PM

rough start but turned out OK

"I jumped through the hoops to resell Malwarebytes software and TD is one of their distributors. I placed my first order. This should be an immediate fulfillment with just a license key sent to me. I didn't get anything, so I tried contacting TD. Good luck. There are no email addresses that I could find. I went through their ambiguous automated phone system and got disconnected. Twice.
Then, with no explanation or notification, I noticed my order was canceled. My next fight will be getting refunded on my credit card. I'll go with a different vendor now.

I got a hold of Malwarebytes and they got a hold of TD and made it right. I've been pretty frustrated for a day over this, but ultimately it looks like it's going to turn out OK.

This review was modified by shawn-33767 on August 03 2016 11:17:02 AM

"I returned their product and they will not return my money.
I have been calling and writing for 6 weeks.
lousy company to do business with!!!

"Great company to work with. Wonderful staff, help, and ordering. We have been doing business with them since around 1995."

This review was modified by anglittle1 on October 22 2014 08:31:28 AM

nothing in the review

" nothing in this comment! nothing in this comment!"

This review was modified by AWimpyNiNjA on March 21 2016 10:57:50 AM

"Tech Data is HORRIBLE. I attempted to start using them a couple months ago and fed them around a hundred thousand dollars worth of orders. 99.9% of my orders went unfilled and my Amazon Platinum Merchant account had been suspended multiple times and had numerous claims and chargebacks caused by Techdata not filling orders they were paid for. They have no problem either locking funds in pending or posting charges to my credit card but it seems they don't want to ever actually SEND the products.

This company has cost my company its reputation and tens of thousands of dollars in returns and much more in lost sales from merchant accounts being suspended for non order fulfillment.

Reseller BEWARE!

"Prices are great. I put in a request to purchase some projector equipment from a source I found online. Our buyer placed the order with Tech Data and got a much better deal. This is a big company with several warehouses across the country. It took a little longer to get the equipment but it was worth it. I had no issues with them."

"Stay away from this distributor, there are many others more honest like Dandh, Ingram, Synnex etc. This people will take your application fees and reject your application. They sales team are good but they "New Accounts" Dept is a nightmare specially if you have to deal with this nasty women "LIN MORALES" if you just starting or you dont process a least 10 orders daily stay away you have been warned. If you are midium or larger reseller then you dont need them either. I'M TELLING YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM TECHDATA.COM, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED"

"TECH DATA is a scam organization. Just stay away, period."

"800 lbs gorilla that thrives on bad practices.

Quoted a set of laptops for resale based on on-line inventory and description. Client accepted and approved. About two weeks after placing order received an email stating order was cancelled- no indication why. Several phone calls later it was finally revealed product had been cancelled- despite being shown "in stock."

Was offered a newer/replacement model for ~5% more. Previous price would not be honored. Left with an angry client a money lost on sale.

"HORRIBLE COMPANY! huge rip off! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY! payed 100 dollars for application fee. filled out and faxed all paperwork and still didn't receive anything from them! I am a big reseller and they did not approve me for no reason! 100 dollars lost too! would never do business with this company."

"Tech Data only sells to resellers, not end users. I work for a consulting company that is a low-volume customer of Tech Data. Their online web site is easy to navigate and has a lot of search capability to help me find what I need. Shipping is usually next day via regular ground due to the fact they have regional warehouses all over the country (and close to me). Every order is typically fulfilled without a hitch, and returns are typically handled well. I am always able to get every question answered whenever I call as well due to their expert pre-sales support team who specialize in various product lines (Cisco, Symantec, etc)."

This review was modified by technetos on January 30 2011 03:22:38 PM

"Horrible experience. Filled out all the right paper work, faxed it twice, and still no products. I read to them on the document I faxed that we are allowed to purchase from them, but they refused. They took my order and never sent me my items. To make it worse, we have an open account with them. The items I was purchasing were only $80 cheaper with Techdata than at CDW. We are talking $6000 Cisco switches to, so this is not a small order. I nor any company I ever do business with will ever buy anything from Techdata."

"Tech Data doesn't always have the best prices, and their final ordering/checkout system is slow, but otherwise they are very easy to deal with."

Share TECH DATA's store rating

TECH DATA is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

TECH DATA is not a merchant member
TECH DATA does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!