• Rating 2.86/10 7 reviews

TECH DATA is not a merchant member
    TECH DATA does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • TECH DATA contact information

"I have nothing but bad things to say about this company. From product prices, to shipping procedures, to their other offered services. I placed and order on the 16th and was assured that I made the cut-off for FEDEX and that it would ship by the end of the day. Well it didn't. I called to complain and they "apologized", although it felt like the guy has heard this a thousand times and didn't want to be bothered again, but they didn't know why it didn't ship and there was nothing they could do. I then called some of their other services departments for information about those services and not a single rep has followed up with me. I have called some of those departments multiple times for a simple request for information and I get nothing. Some prices on their products are HIGHER than MSRP prices, and the ones that aren't are only around $20-$40 cheaper than MSRP, certainly not enough of an acceptable margin to even consider taking a credit card for the big orders since the % for the CC transaction will exceed my profits. Once I get my $100 deposit back I'm severing the ties with Tech Data. Stay Away At All Costs! Synnex is a much better distributor and doesn't require a deposit."

modified review This review was modified by AWimpyNiNjA on October 22 2013 12:13:48 PM

"Tech Data is HORRIBLE. I attempted to start using them a couple months ago and fed them around a hundred thousand dollars worth of orders. 99.9% of my orders went unfilled and my Amazon Platinum Merchant account had been suspended multiple times and had numerous claims and chargebacks caused by Techdata not filling orders they were paid for. They have no problem either locking funds in pending or posting charges to my credit card but it seems they don't want to ever actually SEND the products.

This company has cost my company its reputation and tens of thousands of dollars in returns and much more in lost sales from merchant accounts being suspended for non order fulfillment.

Reseller BEWARE!

"Prices are great. I put in a request to purchase some projector equipment from a source I found online. Our buyer placed the order with Tech Data and got a much better deal. This is a big company with several warehouses across the country. It took a little longer to get the equipment but it was worth it. I had no issues with them."

"TECH DATA is a scam organization. Just stay away, period."

"800 lbs gorilla that thrives on bad practices.

Quoted a set of laptops for resale based on on-line inventory and description. Client accepted and approved. About two weeks after placing order received an email stating order was cancelled- no indication why. Several phone calls later it was finally revealed product had been cancelled- despite being shown "in stock."

Was offered a newer/replacement model for ~5% more. Previous price would not be honored. Left with an angry client a money lost on sale.

"Tech Data only sells to resellers, not end users. I work for a consulting company that is a low-volume customer of Tech Data. Their online web site is easy to navigate and has a lot of search capability to help me find what I need. Shipping is usually next day via regular ground due to the fact they have regional warehouses all over the country (and close to me). Every order is typically fulfilled without a hitch, and returns are typically handled well. I am always able to get every question answered whenever I call as well due to their expert pre-sales support team who specialize in various product lines (Cisco, Symantec, etc)."

modified review This review was modified by technetos on January 30 2011 03:22:38 PM

"Horrible experience. Filled out all the right paper work, faxed it twice, and still no products. I read to them on the document I faxed that we are allowed to purchase from them, but they refused. They took my order and never sent me my items. To make it worse, we have an open account with them. The items I was purchasing were only $80 cheaper with Techdata than at CDW. We are talking $6000 Cisco switches to, so this is not a small order. I nor any company I ever do business with will ever buy anything from Techdata."