Sylvane Reviews - sylvane.com/ Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 6.35/10 13 reviews

Sylvane is not a merchant member
Sylvane does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"This is for $600 item offered thru Amazon Marketplace. 1/12.
1. Purchased item. Sylvane. Said in-stock of course.
2. Order confirmation.
3. Got shipping confirmation. "Ship=confirm."
4. Asked to buy extended warranty--a legal yet bad investment.
5. Then told order could nor be filled until Fall 2013, 9-10 months away.
6. Also stuck with ion cleaner chemical purchased from another seller in same order.
7. And gift cards used for payment do not reappear in my account balance yet.

"Ordered a couple thermostats from Sylvane but both thermostats proved to be inconsistent and inaccurate. So, I sent Sylvane an email describing the symptoms and they contacted the manufacturer who said to toss them out. They issued a full refund several days later. I have nothing to complain about, their customer service was excellent. "

"I was looking for a dehumidifier for my basement. I recently turned it to a kids playroom but had some moisture problems. I found the sylvane website to have lots of dehumidifiers. I called the 800 number and the sales person was very helpful. I ordered a santa fe on their website and had it at my door 3 days later. 1 week later moisture problem is solved. Great product and service!"

"I ordered an air conditioner listed online as available. I called customer service to verify that the item was available, and was told that yes, it was. I placed my order, eager to receive my A/C in advance of a forecast heat wave. About a week later, I received a curt email advising me the unit was out of stock and would not ship for at least five weeks. Now my family gets to bake for at least a few days before I have time to go spend more money and buy a unit from a bricks and mortar store. Thanks guys."

Rating 4/102/5

"Don't bother ordering if you are in Hawaii, Alaska or Canada. The checkout has all these places but I heard from customer service they cancelled my order. Pretty gay!"

"WRITING YOU AGAIN. I WAS VERY SCARED TO BUY ON THE INTERNET BUT IT WORKED OUT GREAT.I DID NOT WANT TO GIVE MY CREDIT CARD OVER THE COMPUTER SO I CALLED THEM. THEY WERE OPEN VERY LATE SO THAT WaAS CONVENINENT.THEY WERE VERY HELPFUL TO ME ON THE PHONE AND HELPED ME MAKE SURE THAT THEY HAD GOOD RETURN INFORMATION THAT SHIPPING WAS FREE AND THAT HELPED.THE AIR FILTER CAME FAST AND THEY HAD A BIG BROWN BOX WITH PACKING STUFF INSIDE TO MAKE SURE IT DIDNT BREAK. VERY HAPPY"

modified review This review was modified by dwlarson1945 on February 26 2009 11:41:41 AM

"Stay away from these con artists. I purchased a "Vornado i-Control Heater"for $149.00. It was advertised with a two year warranty. I was nervous from the day it arrived because it did not look worth $150.00. It is a lightweight piece of junk with flimsy workmanship !! I was put a little at ease by the good reviews I read about their customer service and thought I would be protected by a good company who backed up the stuff they sold. - NOT !! After 40 days the cheap looking unit I received blew up in my face. When I contacted them for a replacement I received a letter telling me that It did not fall under their 30 day window and that I was to contact the manufacturer!! I couldn't believe it !! The manufacturer wants me to pay postage both ways ($40.00)to repair it. IT isn't worth $40.00 let alone the $150.00 that I originally paid for it !! Besides for $40.00 I can buy k-mart junk that will last longer than 40 days !! Why would I gamble $40.00 and have it blow up again, getting soaked for a total of $190.00 I expect a little more than "OOPS !! TOUGH LUCK !! YOU'RE SCREWED !! From a company that charges maximum dollars for a piece of plastic junk !! I mean, I guess I was foolish to put my trust in them. I did not bother to read the fine print (if it's even there) and I should not have to !! A two year warranty should mean just that!! FROM THEM. NOT some company in CHINA !!
Another thing !! The reason you see good reviews on their site is because they PAY for them. When I 1st got it I was asked and gave a decent review on the product for the delivery was speedy. I received an unexpected $7.50 refund for that review !! Their site has NO NEGATIVE REVIEWS !! Wonder why !!???? BUYER BEWARE !!

"Bought a DeLonghi heater. Price was reasonable. Received email confirmation and tracking number (UPS) same day. Unit well packed and worked well. Decided to return (wife didn't want). Called and they had me fill out a form then they had me send it back. Refunded in about 10 days. Not bad. "

"I purchased an Amcor APC2000E air conditioner on May 13 and it arrived on the 16th. Within 2 days, it started making a loud rumbling noise. I used the online form to report it and requested an exchange. On the 27th I had a new unit and on the 28th UPS picked up the bad one. I was kept up to date via email and there were no extra charges. One could not ask for better service!"

"I ordered a portable air conditioner from this site. The site had accurate information and I ultimately called to place my order as I had some questions. I went to a call system and hit sales. The first person to pick up asked me some questions and then transferred me to a "product expert". That person knew a lot obout air conditioners. They answered my questions and took my order. I gave them my email address and I received tracking information the next day. I tracked it (ups) and the unit arrived several days later as promised. It was well packaged (good for something so heavy). It has been running well so far. I needed another window accessory for it so I called back up and got someone quickly who took my order. They already had all my info on file so that was simple. Overall, a very pleasant transaction! I'm not sure if I will need another air conditioner but if I do I would buy from them again and recommend them to friends.

"I chose to purchase with sylvane because they were the only company selling the product I wanted that were also a member of the Better Business Bureau.

I purchased an Electrolux EL6988D canister vacuum cleaner because it was recently rated #1 in Consumer Reports. Most websites that carried this exact model were sold out and it was hard to find.

Sylvane had the right price, the item was in-stock, and I received it after only a few days. A flawless transaction.

Communication was superb, with updates at every step of the ordering process. I never received a tracking number, but the item simply showed up a few days later.

This is how it should be done. Recommended.

"I will never do business with this company again. It is impossible to reach a customer service representative after you've placed your order.

I bought a $500 air purifier from their site and cannot get in touch with anyone regarding my purchase. I placed the order on the March 3rd. The product was listed as being "in stock" (it's still showing as being "in stock" as of today, too) with a notation that states "Usually ships in 24 hours". I chose Sylvane because I needed the product ASAP and shipping within 24 hours really appealed to me.

Well, here it is 3 days later and nothing has shipped. But worse off, I can't reach the company at all to get a status report. I sent them an email yesterday and no one responded. And I called their "800" number today at 1:45pm and I got their ANSWERING SERVICE. Can you believe that?! They don't even answer their own phones during normal business hours. So I had to leave my name and telephone number with an answering service with the hopes that this company will call me back and let me know what's going on with my order.

I am not happy with this company's customer service in the least. I will edit this post further when/if I receive the merchandise I ordered. But I can tell you right now, I will never do business with this company again. It should not be this difficult to contact someone after you spent $500 at their store.

*EDIT - item arrived today (March 10). It was packaged well and seems to be in fine condition. I have no problem with product. And, I wouldn't have a problem with taking a week for delivery if their website didn't clearly states: "Usually Ships In 24 hours".

With that said, the company still has NEVER returned the phone call I left with their answering service. And it took them over 48 hours to return an email.

In this day and age, when the products you buy can be bought at the same price anywhere else on the internet for the same price, I expect GOOD customer service when I shell out $500 on an item.

I stand by my review: This company has horrendous customer service. They don't answer their phones. They use an answering service during normal business hours. They don't return messages left with their answering service. It takes them over 48 hours to return an email. And they openly state they ship their items within 24 hours when it normally takes them 3 times that long.

modified review This review was modified by Mammoth on March 10 2008 11:40:54 AM

" I purchased a Vornado heater. Very fast shipping. A flawless transaction. Good communication with updated e-mails and a tracking number. No issues with customer service so I can't rate that other than the communication which was very good. I would shop here again. "