Swords of MighCoupons

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"I have never received my order and he never replied to my countless e-mails. I asked for a refund twice on the phone but never got an answer. This is the first time I feel I'm getting scammed over the internet"

modified review This review was modified by SaifDoh on November 10 2014 11:24:06 AM

"The TRUTH:
I have not received my order placed on 12/11/2012.
I selected a sword based on many consideration (appearance and a physical match to my stature) , of which an item currently in stock and value were most important. This is meant to last a lifetime, or longer. I purchased the last remaining Thaitsuki Hoso Kumiage Katana (KTN3) for $729 USD. I was immediately charged, and later received an email stating that I had back-ordered the sword. Back-orders were only available via an email request at the time, so that was an impossibility.
I was told that a shipment in the first quarter of 2013 may include my item. After waiting the ETA, I was told I could not get my money back, no exceptions.
I was told I could choose to cancel my order, substitute (Most of the swords of the same value are rarely in stock, or inappropriate to my requirements.), or receive store credit. I have requested my order to be cancelled, and a full refund. He has not notified me of any effort to complete my order. My order status has not changed from "Awaiting Fulfillment". Since there has been no agreement on changes to the order, I have an expectation that he is still responsible for finding and delivering my order in a timely fashion.
On 6/10/14, I emailed "customer service". I asking for a lower value sword (that was said to be in stock) to be substituted. No replies to my customer service ticket in 3 business days.
On 6/13/14, I replied to my own ticket, pointing out that the sword is "In stock and ready to ship" from the manufacturer's website. I stated that he can have it be delivered to me. I have pointed out that I have already paid, and I do not know why he has not already ordered the sword. Still no reply.
From the order date until now the page for the sword has been changed to pre-orders only, and the price has been raised by 35%.

About the website:
The site claims, "When you shop with us, you are guaranteed the highest level of quality, security, and satisfaction."
All product and site reviews from customers have to be "published" by the admin. Customers are encouraged to created reviews to qualify for future discounts. Negative reviews seem to not exist. Half of the items I have received where damaged, and customer service showed no concern for correcting the problem.

My opinion:
I am disgusted and furious for the totality of these events. It is a lot of money to spend, and have no value returned in a year, and 6 months. The disrespect, neglect, disregard of sales contracts, censorship of truthful/negative reviews, discounts and store credit paid for reviews, and damaged deliveries are reasons I do not wish to do business with this site in the future. I believe he is hiding a huge lack of ethics and a lack of value for his customer's money.

I am sorry for the long review, but the truth needs to be heard from one of the unpublished reviewers. I only wish to retrieve the value of my money.

Everyone should read this:

modified review This review was modified by mstuls-katana on June 12 2014 11:54:04 PM

"My overall experience with this site has been a rather good one. The products I've purchased were always of good quality of course I had to know what I was looking for. On the whole I've bought a nagamaki, more than 5 katana swords, 2 ninja blades and a shoulder harness. Not only that But thanks to the monthly giveaway they host to customers and site members I've gained a quality katana well worth $100. The speed and shipping cost were all relatively fast and reasonable, If I ordered over a certain dollar limit the shipping was free."

modified review This review was modified by Jwil0027 on May 11 2014 11:38:40 AM

" I've ordered from SoM many times now and have never been let down by their customer service nor their products. Orders arrive on time and well packed.

Product Quality Assurance is solid. Out of the almost 10 orders I've made, only 1 item has had to be returned and the reason was a defect from Legacy Arms, not something SoM had any influence on. Jason promptly refunded my order and sent me a return label to ship it back at no cost to me.

SoM's discount plan is a nice added touch that rewards return customers in a way that actually motivates you to return. The % of the discount is nice and once you get high enough in the program, you actually become eligible for free swords! Can't beat that with a sack of cats.

All in all, I'm very satisfied with Jason's company and encourage my friends to do their sword shopping from there.

modified review This review was modified by beanman1 on May 08 2014 11:05:14 AM

"Orderd three bokken. One was missing the tsuba from the accessory bag. E-mailed them through thier website about it. After a little over a week, no response, so I e-mailed again. Another week goes by and I finally get a response. They asked me to "be sure to check for the little baggie for the tsuba". I had already described how the baggie had ony the retaining ring with no tsuba and that I had thoroughly checked the box and packaging. Two weeks to get a response telling me to do what I had already described to them in detail that I had done. Pretty sad customer service. I'll never buy from thrm again!"

modified review This review was modified by Kingelessar on May 13 2013 01:59:47 PM

"I ordered a dagger as a gift for my girlfriend on feb 11th and waited 4 weeks befor contacting them about my order i contacted UPS and the informed me the item was seized at customs due to a improper labeling of the package, i proceded to contact swords of might to have them deal with the matter as it was being held in their name and would not deal with me regarding the matter, swords of might just keeps telling me its not their problem and that there is nothing they can do about the issue. they refuse to reimburse me or compensate me in any way. needless to say im not pleased with them or there service"

"I was sent the wrong order. Have tried to contact the company by calling, email, messages on facebook but get no return replies. They have no customer service what so ever. Their phone number works but no one even answers. They also have a live chat on their website but no one answers as well. "

"My father and I attempted to purchase a sword in November of 2012. They could not verify the card info so the purchase was never confirmed. Yet they took the money from our account. I tried to get ahold of them so I could verify the account info, but they were non responsive. So I decided to go somewhere else. I have emailed them numerous times to get my money back and they told me I had to wait till after the holidays. It is february 2013 and I have still not recieved my money back. They never answer the phone. And they can be quite rude in their emails. If you are thinking about doing business with them, just don't."

"Had the same problem with the website, it says "usually ships in 3-5 days" rather than a much simpler "not in stock" They also charged me straight away even though most other sites charge when it has been shipped. So I was surprised when I called weeks later and they informed me that it wasn`t in stock. over the next few months, my e-mails asking about the availability of the item were answered with uncaring "this item is not in stock" responses. After 4 months, and the fact that Jason just stopped responding to my questions altogether, I decided to ask for my money back and was directed to the customer service department. Overall, I got the impression that Jason Moore just didn`t even care about my order, and I would never deal with this site again."

"I ordered a sword from them on July 1 and their stock status indicator said and still says usually ships in 2 days. Well,lo and behold they later tell me its out of stock! Even though till this day they still advertise as shipping in 2 days, imagine that! On 12 July I sent them an email telling them to cancel the order and now I don't get any responses at all! I guess now I'm going to have to call my credit card company and report this as a fraudulent transaction."

"swords of might had amazing costumer service. when you send an email requesting a change in your order not only is that change made emediatly but you get a reply email from a real person. the amount of patince everybody at swords of might is amazing, I constantly changed my order yet the emails were kind that I recieved. I felt I was treated as an individual not just " another costumer" the product delivered to me was fanominal aswell. the pacaging made it nearly imposine to damage the cargo and the product itself is the closest thing to japanese made as you will get without spending downwards of $1500. for only $189 hand made it was nearly the same quality. swords of might and everybody working there you are awsome you have a customer for life looking forward to my next purchase."

"I originally ordered a Hanwei Bamboo Matt Katana and it was processed within a day. After a bit of looking around I decided to upgrade to a Hanwei Colonel's Gunto which is a nicer sword. I spoke with the gentleman who runs Swords of Might on the phone and he cancelled my original order and changed it to the upgrade. He was very helpful and even went out of his way to find a price saving deal on the order which ended up brining the cost for the upgrade down by over 100 dollars.

The order arrived in perfect condition and immaculately packaged 3 days later. The gentleman who runs the store is very helpful and knowledgeable and gave me very good service and advice. He also seems to have the best prices and customer service for Japanese swords on the internet. If you are looking for quality service and great prices look no further. If you are looking for the best deals on the internet and have been jaded by poor quality in the past this is the store to deal with.

Swords of Might is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Swords of Might is not a merchant member
Swords of Might does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!