Stores > Swords of Might

Product & services pricing Rating 9.00/10 9.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.00/10 8.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.08/10 7.08/10
Voice your opinion! Review Swords of Might by clicking a star below.
2017-06-13

shipped broken goods and won't do a damn thing about it.

"i purchased a crossbow from swords of might. the item arrived broken, the bolt that was supposed to be included was missing, the stock was damaged and the triggering mechanism was missing all together. the product was shipped in cut up and re-taped shipping boxes, no factory shipping. over the past month i've supplied pictures, contacted them several times and have received no help, only vague promises to contact the manufacturer. with shipping the item cost north of $150 and swords of might has made no effort to rectify the situation. this business is strictly shop at your own risk. a business should not judged by what they get right, but how they deal with it when they get it wrong."

2017-06-06

Great support & crazy low prices!!

"I bought with these guys a couple of years back and the products were good but the customer support....horrible!! but it looks like they have a new website and new owners now so I decided to give it a shot and was pleasantly surprised. awesome selection and prices as always and the products were all in stock and shipped on time. had a little bit of a hiccup with one product I wanted but their support team was excellent (ask for Angie). Will definitely be buying soon"

2017-06-06

Amazing Prices!

"This company by far had the lowest prices. I was concerned by some of the older reviews but the new management and crew really seem to be getting everything back in line!"

2017-05-31

New management, great prices, great service

"So SOM was apparently bought around the beginning of the year and I thought I'd give them another shot after I'd had a less than ideal experience in the past. I give them 2 thumbs up for every part of the experience.

First I talked to Angie, who was very knowledgeable and helpful. She knowledgeably discussed sword maintenance and steel quality.
Then I selected the Hanwei Claymore, for sale way less than other sites, and a few practice mats to qualify for free shipping.
Finally, my order arrived in about a week, and with a really nice note from the owner.

Kudos to new management for turning this into a top tier operation!

2017-05-26

Great Price!

"I did a lot of research before ordering a sword for my cousin's graduation gift - really pleased with what I ordered, and so was my cousin. Order received before expected. "

2017-01-31

Poor

"I ordered a product from them their,located an hour from my home after a week I never herd anything about my item fine no problem I spoke to someone online and asked if an item was instock he proceeded to tell me that he could have it to me in a 5-7 day business transaction. I proceeded to tell him that I had ordered one one and was wondering the status and he said that their isn't any in stock or in warehouse and they ware still waiting on the arrival. He just told me that he could have it in 5-7 days and it's already been longer than that and nothing at the store yet "

2016-09-03

Good Variety

"Originally had issues, but they have since been resolved."

2016-06-08

Absolute Garbage

"Purchased a sword with two day priority and it's been two weeks and still has not arrived. My inquiries through email have been ignored. This site is a joke."

2016-02-22

Do NOT give them your e-mail!

"This place can not manage a simple customer list and will not unsubscribe you no matter what you do. I have clicked the "Unsubscribe" link many times and have also e-mailed their web-admin asking to be removed from their list. A simple filter-to-trash works just fine but they should also respect their customers' wishes to not receive solicitations. I was happy with the product that I received from them but will never do business with them again because of this simple ignored request. --Justin"

2016-01-07

"A shout-out to all my HEMA brothers and sisters. I highly suggest you shop very carefully with a company known as Swords of Might. Without getting into unnecessary details I have been trying for almost two weeks now to get a simple return merchandise authorization and pre-paid UPS label for a CLEARLY DAMAGED item from IMPROPER PACKAGING and have run into a brick wall of both indifference and outright incompetence with their customer (mis)service department.

While they seem to have some real bargains, I highly suggest you only buy with a true credit card so your purchase may be "disputed" if you run into a similar problem and must force their hand since I am convinced that is the only way you will get anything done with those folks.

Just remember you often get exactly what you pay for. In other words what would tease beginning paratroopers with while a young jump master: "We get the very finest equipment we can find from the lowest bidder. Now GO!!!"

That is all...

Carry on!

2016-01-02

"Wow!!! What a great experience! Whatever has happened bad in the past sure isn't an indication of how things are now. If you call and just talk to Jason when you place your order, you can ask what is in stock and what isn't. It takes seconds. Not only that, he runs a very tight ship. Once the order is created you get your tracking number. The problems I've had have been with fedex saying they'll deliver by X and they change the date and it skips out on you by a couple more days with no explanation. That's not SOM's issue.
Another note is that the shipping actually says it can take 1-7 days because not all the inventory is in his warehouse. If you look at the site and you can see there is something like 20000 items on it, do you really believe it's all in one warehouse? Sometimes (as he explained to me) is that a low volume selling sword has to come to him from a warehouse in New Jersey or California. But this guy does his homework!
His website is the best I have seen. Pictures and even videos of the swords being used, so you know what exactly your getting. Excellent product descriptions that include steel type, folded or not, heat treated or not, length, balance points, and all the components making up the sword. Even descriptions of who the maker is and where they are from. I've ordered 6 swords from him so far and have been very pleased. One just happened to be a bad sword, and he reacted immediately once I sent him an email with the pictures of it. And he gave me several choices on how to handle the situation that would work best for me.
It's funny reading some of the ignorant posts in here where everyone wants something now, now, now... And if it's a day late they fly off the handle and focus on what they perceive as bad instead of looking at all of the good. And the biggest good I can show you is his prices. I dare those that have a lot of bad to say to look at his prices vs. competitor sites for the same sword. The latest sword I bought from him was still advertised as $400 more on Amazon.
So count your blessings... I'm sure he could hire a lot more staff so you get your purchase just one day sooner... But you're going to pay for it. I'd rather have the quality and the low price and maybe wait a day for delivery!!!
Anyways, if you want great service, awesome quality at unbelievable prices... Call Jason. He's got my business for life.

2015-11-04

"I've been waiting 7 days for my order to ship. They just told me it will be another 3 days before it's shipped out. That is rediculous!"

2015-09-02

"Wish I had read this first it's 150 dollar lesson I will not forget. My first order never even got shipped and thay will not reply to emails or phone calls. It is a scam! I am trying to get my money back but do not have high hopes. "

2015-05-11

"On August 27, 2012 I ordered a Paul Chen naginata from the Swords of Might website. To date, it is May 11, 2015, and I still don't have the product or a refund. You read that correctly, three years of frustration and waiting. I have contacted this company a dozen times in the interim, and each time I start from scratch. I have now sent a copy of my order confirmation two times and a copy of my receipt three times. If I could give them zero stars I would."

2015-03-01

"I have ordered from Swords Of Might on 5 separate occasions thus far. Included in that has been 5 upper end katanas and misc other smaller stuff. I couldn't be more pleased with my interactions. The service has been awesome, the products exactly as expected and the prices more than great. I definitely plan to make many more purchases from them."

Share Swords of Might's store rating

Swords of Might is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Swords of Might is not a merchant member
Swords of Might does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!