Stores > Swords of Might

• Swords of Might

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

2016-06-08

Absolute Garbage

"Purchased a sword with two day priority and it's been two weeks and still has not arrived. My inquiries through email have been ignored. This site is a joke."

2016-02-22

Do NOT give them your e-mail!

"This place can not manage a simple customer list and will not unsubscribe you no matter what you do. I have clicked the "Unsubscribe" link many times and have also e-mailed their web-admin asking to be removed from their list. A simple filter-to-trash works just fine but they should also respect their customers' wishes to not receive solicitations. I was happy with the product that I received from them but will never do business with them again because of this simple ignored request. --Justin"

This review was modified by scribby555 on February 22 2016 05:46:42 PM

2016-01-07

"A shout-out to all my HEMA brothers and sisters. I highly suggest you shop very carefully with a company known as Swords of Might. Without getting into unnecessary details I have been trying for almost two weeks now to get a simple return merchandise authorization and pre-paid UPS label for a CLEARLY DAMAGED item from IMPROPER PACKAGING and have run into a brick wall of both indifference and outright incompetence with their customer (mis)service department.

While they seem to have some real bargains, I highly suggest you only buy with a true credit card so your purchase may be "disputed" if you run into a similar problem and must force their hand since I am convinced that is the only way you will get anything done with those folks.

Just remember you often get exactly what you pay for. In other words what would tease beginning paratroopers with while a young jump master: "We get the very finest equipment we can find from the lowest bidder. Now GO!!!"

That is all...

Carry on!

This review was modified by HughBradley on January 07 2016 04:09:38 AM

2016-01-02

"Wow!!! What a great experience! Whatever has happened bad in the past sure isn't an indication of how things are now. If you call and just talk to Jason when you place your order, you can ask what is in stock and what isn't. It takes seconds. Not only that, he runs a very tight ship. Once the order is created you get your tracking number. The problems I've had have been with fedex saying they'll deliver by X and they change the date and it skips out on you by a couple more days with no explanation. That's not SOM's issue.
Another note is that the shipping actually says it can take 1-7 days because not all the inventory is in his warehouse. If you look at the site and you can see there is something like 20000 items on it, do you really believe it's all in one warehouse? Sometimes (as he explained to me) is that a low volume selling sword has to come to him from a warehouse in New Jersey or California. But this guy does his homework!
His website is the best I have seen. Pictures and even videos of the swords being used, so you know what exactly your getting. Excellent product descriptions that include steel type, folded or not, heat treated or not, length, balance points, and all the components making up the sword. Even descriptions of who the maker is and where they are from. I've ordered 6 swords from him so far and have been very pleased. One just happened to be a bad sword, and he reacted immediately once I sent him an email with the pictures of it. And he gave me several choices on how to handle the situation that would work best for me.
It's funny reading some of the ignorant posts in here where everyone wants something now, now, now... And if it's a day late they fly off the handle and focus on what they perceive as bad instead of looking at all of the good. And the biggest good I can show you is his prices. I dare those that have a lot of bad to say to look at his prices vs. competitor sites for the same sword. The latest sword I bought from him was still advertised as $400 more on Amazon.
So count your blessings... I'm sure he could hire a lot more staff so you get your purchase just one day sooner... But you're going to pay for it. I'd rather have the quality and the low price and maybe wait a day for delivery!!!
Anyways, if you want great service, awesome quality at unbelievable prices... Call Jason. He's got my business for life.

This review was modified by Swordnut on January 02 2016 11:29:18 AM

2015-11-04

"I've been waiting 7 days for my order to ship. They just told me it will be another 3 days before it's shipped out. That is rediculous!"

2015-09-02

"Wish I had read this first it's 150 dollar lesson I will not forget. My first order never even got shipped and thay will not reply to emails or phone calls. It is a scam! I am trying to get my money back but do not have high hopes. "

This review was modified by Cesar42 on September 02 2015 01:06:07 PM

2015-06-30

"REFUSED REFUND after they sent my order to the WRONG COUNTRY, a week after I canceled it, then DELETED all evidence of our conversation on Facebook along with ALL negative reviews. Read the whole deleted conversation here: http://tinyurl.com/p46sk74"

This review was modified by omniroth on June 30 2015 03:23:43 AM

2015-05-11

"On August 27, 2012 I ordered a Paul Chen naginata from the Swords of Might website. To date, it is May 11, 2015, and I still don't have the product or a refund. You read that correctly, three years of frustration and waiting. I have contacted this company a dozen times in the interim, and each time I start from scratch. I have now sent a copy of my order confirmation two times and a copy of my receipt three times. If I could give them zero stars I would."

This review was modified by 1faefille on May 11 2015 01:15:57 PM

2015-03-01

"I have ordered from Swords Of Might on 5 separate occasions thus far. Included in that has been 5 upper end katanas and misc other smaller stuff. I couldn't be more pleased with my interactions. The service has been awesome, the products exactly as expected and the prices more than great. I definitely plan to make many more purchases from them."

2014-11-10

"I have never received my order and he never replied to my countless e-mails. I asked for a refund twice on the phone but never got an answer. This is the first time I feel I'm getting scammed over the internet"

This review was modified by SaifDoh on November 10 2014 11:24:06 AM

2014-06-12

"The TRUTH:
I have not received my order placed on 12/11/2012.
I selected a sword based on many consideration (appearance and a physical match to my stature) , of which an item currently in stock and value were most important. This is meant to last a lifetime, or longer. I purchased the last remaining Thaitsuki Hoso Kumiage Katana (KTN3) for $729 USD. I was immediately charged, and later received an email stating that I had back-ordered the sword. Back-orders were only available via an email request at the time, so that was an impossibility.
I was told that a shipment in the first quarter of 2013 may include my item. After waiting the ETA, I was told I could not get my money back, no exceptions.
I was told I could choose to cancel my order, substitute (Most of the swords of the same value are rarely in stock, or inappropriate to my requirements.), or receive store credit. I have requested my order to be cancelled, and a full refund. He has not notified me of any effort to complete my order. My order status has not changed from "Awaiting Fulfillment". Since there has been no agreement on changes to the order, I have an expectation that he is still responsible for finding and delivering my order in a timely fashion.
On 6/10/14, I emailed "customer service". I asking for a lower value sword (that was said to be in stock) to be substituted. No replies to my customer service ticket in 3 business days.
On 6/13/14, I replied to my own ticket, pointing out that the sword is "In stock and ready to ship" from the manufacturer's website. I stated that he can have it be delivered to me. I have pointed out that I have already paid, and I do not know why he has not already ordered the sword. Still no reply.
From the order date until now the page for the sword has been changed to pre-orders only, and the price has been raised by 35%.

About the website:
The site claims, "When you shop with us, you are guaranteed the highest level of quality, security, and satisfaction."
All product and site reviews from customers have to be "published" by the admin. Customers are encouraged to created reviews to qualify for future discounts. Negative reviews seem to not exist. Half of the items I have received where damaged, and customer service showed no concern for correcting the problem.

My opinion:
I am disgusted and furious for the totality of these events. It is a lot of money to spend, and have no value returned in a year, and 6 months. The disrespect, neglect, disregard of sales contracts, censorship of truthful/negative reviews, discounts and store credit paid for reviews, and damaged deliveries are reasons I do not wish to do business with this site in the future. I believe he is hiding a huge lack of ethics and a lack of value for his customer's money.

I am sorry for the long review, but the truth needs to be heard from one of the unpublished reviewers. I only wish to retrieve the value of my money.

Everyone should read this:

This review was modified by mstuls-katana on June 12 2014 11:54:04 PM

2014-05-11

"My overall experience with this site has been a rather good one. The products I've purchased were always of good quality of course I had to know what I was looking for. On the whole I've bought a nagamaki, more than 5 katana swords, 2 ninja blades and a shoulder harness. Not only that But thanks to the monthly giveaway they host to customers and site members I've gained a quality katana well worth $100. The speed and shipping cost were all relatively fast and reasonable, If I ordered over a certain dollar limit the shipping was free."

This review was modified by Jwil0027 on May 11 2014 11:38:40 AM

2014-05-08

" I've ordered from SoM many times now and have never been let down by their customer service nor their products. Orders arrive on time and well packed.

Product Quality Assurance is solid. Out of the almost 10 orders I've made, only 1 item has had to be returned and the reason was a defect from Legacy Arms, not something SoM had any influence on. Jason promptly refunded my order and sent me a return label to ship it back at no cost to me.

SoM's discount plan is a nice added touch that rewards return customers in a way that actually motivates you to return. The % of the discount is nice and once you get high enough in the program, you actually become eligible for free swords! Can't beat that with a sack of cats.

All in all, I'm very satisfied with Jason's company and encourage my friends to do their sword shopping from there.

This review was modified by beanman1 on May 08 2014 11:05:14 AM

2013-05-13

"Orderd three bokken. One was missing the tsuba from the accessory bag. E-mailed them through thier website about it. After a little over a week, no response, so I e-mailed again. Another week goes by and I finally get a response. They asked me to "be sure to check for the little baggie for the tsuba". I had already described how the baggie had ony the retaining ring with no tsuba and that I had thoroughly checked the box and packaging. Two weeks to get a response telling me to do what I had already described to them in detail that I had done. Pretty sad customer service. I'll never buy from thrm again!"

This review was modified by Kingelessar on May 13 2013 01:59:47 PM

2013-03-22

"I ordered a dagger as a gift for my girlfriend on feb 11th and waited 4 weeks befor contacting them about my order i contacted UPS and the informed me the item was seized at customs due to a improper labeling of the package, i proceded to contact swords of might to have them deal with the matter as it was being held in their name and would not deal with me regarding the matter, swords of might just keeps telling me its not their problem and that there is nothing they can do about the issue. they refuse to reimburse me or compensate me in any way. needless to say im not pleased with them or there service"

Share Swords of Might's store rating

Swords of Might is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Swords of Might is not a merchant member
Swords of Might does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!