Product & services pricing Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

"I placed an order for a company I wanted to thank. They close the week before Christmas and I specifically required that the gift be delivered by the 15th of December. All of the other items I ordered were delivered timely with the exception of the one that had to be delivered by the 15th. I emailed and was told it would ship "shortly." I called and spoke with a representative who said it shipped that day (the 12th). When I check the status on-line it and by Fed Ex tracking, it shows it still has not even shipped. I am extremely upset with their lies to me and will never order from them again."

modified review This review was modified by dehageman on December 15 2014 01:19:45 PM

"Shipping was very expensive, and disappointing that all the boxes came wrapped in PLASTIC, very beat up, with labels on each box clearly stating they needed to be refrigerated, but yet not sent in any refrigerated way. Not worth the shipping costs."

"These people claim I owe an account from 1994 when I was 10 years old about I'm going to be 29 next month! I actually signed up for their so called credit plan in 2002 and used it and paid it off then before I filed bankruptcy I used it and was paying on it and let it go. I had 2 accounts a Seventh Avenue and Swiss Colony both are discharged on my credit reports. But right after I filed my bankruptcy here up and comes a Ginnys account and a Montgomery Ward account using the customer account number that was discharged through bankruptcy and 2 charge offs have been on my credit. I've found out they are trying to collect on the swiss colony account that was discharged and since its discharged through bankruptcy chapter 7 they have no right to be using that 2002 customer number that was bankrupt yet they say I ordered this junk and I never did and how can it of been used after bankruptcy when its discharged on my credit? And these fraudsters claim the other accounts were opened a few days after discharge with my account# that was put into bankruptcy. It doesn't matter what their so called records say. They sent me a threatening letter saying if I start litigation the "companies" will seek severe sanctions against me and my lawyer.Bring it on I cannot wait till this company gets nailed for fraud! Them and their Allied Data collection agency and claiming I owe debt from my childhood as well??"

modified review This review was modified by mikey4833 on March 19 2013 09:53:55 PM

"Midnight Velvet is part of Swiss Colony and they all are non-reputable people to do business with. We were paying on our credit account with them and we were admittedly behind but still paying. They charged off the account for $1200. We paid another $635 to them and they still showed us owing the full $1200. They are liars and thieves. They are not a company to do business with if you want quality products and good customer service. We are working with our Attorney General to address this issue. Trust me do not use them for anything just do a little research about the complaints about them the BBB showed some 600+ complaints in just 2 years on them."

"As has been stated by other reviewers they will remove promotional items after taking your money. Don't be scammed. File a complaint with your credit card company. If you're really feeling up to it file a complaint with the FTC as well.

They also ship perishable items in regular cardboard boxes with no cold packs. I've never received perishable goods this way before.

"Fruitcake was terrible and burnt. Tasted so horrible. It was over cooked and top burnt black. Crumbled to pieces when sliced. Choc coated nuts so very stale. My first order and my last order from swiss colony."

"Avoid this company. They practice deceptive marketing techniques. Their site allows you to add a gift along with a promotion code however once you place the order, they will remove the gift and still charge you for the order. The food is mediocre to add insult to injury. I would save your money and buy elsewhere. "

"Worst chocolate ever! Worst Customer Service Ever! Don't bother sending it back because you will have to pay the shipping plus your shipping to send it back. They don't care about your 100% Satisfaction, they just want your money, so beware"

"For the first time in my life, I downloaded a copy of my credit report from Experian. I have NEVER done business with Swiss Colony or it's sister companies (Midnight Velvet, Seventh Avenue) but was shocked to see that they had been requesting credit history about me every month for the past 4 months. I have NEVER purchased anything from them nor requested any credit from them. I have not applied for employment with them either; I live in a totally different state.
I cannot imagine why they need to delve into my credit background unless they are attempting to defraud me. I have filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and urge others to do the same. Look at your credit report - you can do this for free on an annual basis. You may be shocked at what you find.

"Before purchasing or using a gift certificate, be sure to read all reviews! BEWARE of this unscrupulous company. They seem to be in the Finance business and appear to be indiscriminate with the Debit/Credit card number you entrust to them! I received a $25 gift certificate for Christmas. I tried to make an order online but it wouldn't show my credit for the $25 in the Total line. It 'felt' like something wasn't right after I entered my credit card - so I didn't complete the transaction; deleted my info & decided to call in my order. I called, gave my name/address/phone, she asked me for my SOCIAL SECURITY number!!! I asked her 3 times to repeat the question because I thought I was hearing incorrectly!!! I asked her why she needed it & was told that by law they had to ask it to complete the order!!! Whaaaaaat??? I asked for her supervisor who said that it was a mistake. The Supervisor also said it was the law that they had to ask for the S.S.# in order to do a Credit Bureau check. I said why would you need to do a credit check on an order that totaled about $28.00; $3.00 of which would go onto my credit card? She said they would need the info to open an account. I told her I had never even mentioned anything other than using my gift certificate and putting the $3.00 balance on my American Express! The Supervisor said it was a mistake on the order-taker's part and apologized. She was so eager to get my Am Express card #!!! that I told her to cancel the order because I was reluctant to give my number to them after this experience.
I feel as if I have dodged a bullet. I can imagine what they would have done if they had all of my info. They do have my name, address, telephone # & email add, so that worries me. I will write a letter to my state Attorney General and copy in any other state and federal agency I can think of. If you have had this kind of experience - I urge you to lodge complaints with governmental agencies such as the FTC. Perhaps if there are enough complaints - something legal will be done about it.
Our family friend who gave me the gift certificate for Christmas (she rec'd 2nd week of January) had such a difficult time placing her order in early December that the day before Christmas, she was in tears when she hadn't received all of the gifts that she had ordered! She had received several items that she never ordered! She was told to return these items at her own cost for shipping and that the orginal S&H wouldn't be credited to her account for their mistake, etc. etc. My brother helped her negotiate the process of getting wrong items returned and gift certificates issued instead. It's taken over a month. My experience and her experience should be enough to urge you to hit the PAUSE button and consider not doing business with these people. I won't even use my gift certificate for fear they'll bill me for something I haven't ordered!

"Swiss Colony gift products are cheaply made in China and overpriced for what you get. I ordered a musical hummingbird egg and the musical part of it was a push button at the bottom of the egg. A unicorn water globe I received was defective. I ordered food and I do not reccommend the food at all. I have tried the cakes and cookies and they all have an old stale taste to them. I had to fight for my free gift and when the free chocolates came, they too had an old stale taste to them. I contacted cust service and was transferred to a supervisor who said I was the one who complained all the time. I told her I complain when I feel it is warranted. I refused two other shipments because of her attitude towards me. She would not send me a mailing label for a defective product I received. I made a complaint to the BBB against their company. I am now supposedly going to be sent a mailing label and they are supposedly going to credit my acct. for the refused and returned items. My credit limit on their sister sites; Ginnys, Midnight Velvet, 7th Ave, Montgomery Wards, was up to 600 and my bill was paid on time and many of my accts with them, paid off, but because I ordered from multiple sites for Christmas gifts, their "system" would not honor my orders. Their items are overpriced but if you need credit, not much of a choice and their shipping charges are outrageous. I am glad non of my orders went through as I got other items I needed and did not go into deeper debt."

"They are nothing but a big ripoff. If your not satisfied they ruin your credit when you refuse to pay for damaged or melted chocolates there gifts are cheap dollar items you can buy on ebay from china sellers, they sell china gift watches for 80 bucks no name made in china you can get on ebay for pennies. Stale cookies, got a tin of cookies couldn't even bite into them. stay away from these crooks."

"Swiss Colony is the worst company to purchase anything from!!! I have purchased from them on a number of occasions and have never been satisfied completely. They are dishonest about what they say in their ads that they send out. Their food products are misrepresented in their ads. They make the products look bigger than what you receive. Their items are way over priced and WATCH OUT when you order, because they will charge you different prices for the same item purchased more than once. If you by chance get the item you ordered, when you receive the articles they are 2 to 3 times smaller then what you think you purchased. Most of the time articles are late (and stale) or never received! They tell you, you will get special offers when you've purchased certain items which they never deliver to you, but instead they charge you for them. GOOD LUCK at getting your money back or trying to cancel an order! If you get any credit through them WATCH OUT, just because they say you have credit, doesn't mean you really get it. Pre-approved is hog wash, it is just their way to reel you in and rip you off! Also when you put in an online order, WATCH OUT, they most of the time do not get the address info correct (This has happened more than once to me). They will also remove items you have ordered, for one reason or another, but they do not let you know about it or if they do try to contact you, (Mostly NOT), it is to late to do anything about it! If you try to get help from their consumer affairs department they are nasty and if you try to even find out about any of the company's info and their corporate office staff, President,etc.,you cannot find out any information on how to contact them or where they are located. I have tried calling them and they will not give me any info and very rude!! It is like they are hiding something. In other words they do not care about their customers satisfaction, so if you have any complaints well, there is no one there that will help you, they just pass you around from department to department telling you they cannot help you and a "so what" attitude. Their attitude is very unprofessional. I will never buy from them again! Please pass this information on so no one else has the stress dealing with Swiss Colony."

"i order from them two weeks ago an had no problem at all an i called custormer srevice an had no problems people they are the best"

"Wow.... So. How shall I begin? Because this whole battle I had with Swiss Colony is going to happen over and over, it appears once or twice a year, Swiss Colony advertises a promotion: Purchase a "Swiss Mouse" and receive "two free gifts!" Package of truffles, and a package of macadamia nuts, or an item of that nature. Then, AFTER THEY GET YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER, they take away the non-truffle gift, still charge you the full amount, and ship it to you. IF and only IF you contact them about the error, they will tell you "We're sorry, but there was an error on the website, and the original promotion was supposed to be for just one gift. They'll act as if it's just a one time mistake. It's not, it's a scam they run twice a year. If you don't believe me, simply google 'swiss colony mouse scam' or go to: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Swiss_Colony . THESE PEOPLE SHOULD BE IN JAIL."

Swiss Colony is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Swiss Colony is not a merchant member
Swiss Colony does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!