Stores > Swiss Colony

• Swiss Colony

Buyer Beware!!!

"This company is horrendous.If you intend to buy now and pay later make sure u don't end up owing a late payment.If u owe them even a small amount they Will harrass u endlessly and try to send the 10$ owed to collections.They send harassing mail and collection notices even if u are a few days late.Ruthless business practices when we only ever owed 150.We paid them off never to return as a client.We rate them 0."

This review was modified by Stargazer800 on September 07 2016 06:43:20 AM

What a waste of credit....

"I have had credit with this company since 2014, thought paying on time and paying it off would sustain me to purchase on holidays that counted. Well I was wrong!! I decided to send easter baskets to my grandchildren who moved to Texas.. I was happy to be able to pick the 2 baskets I knew that would love. I placed my order and knowing it would reach them on time. Again, I was wrong. I just received a letter today from this company stating that they would have to run a credit check on the order I made..wait!!...I already have an established a credit account why would you have to run another inquiry on me if I already have credit and have proven to be a valued customer. I contacted the company and explained to them I already have a credit account with them but, unfortunately I was told they still have to run a credit report,and because I put a freeze on my credit reports, so I wont get unwarranted inquiries,. I was instructed that I would have to lift all 3 freezes, which in fact in California is a 10dollar each removal fee on top of adding another inquiry on an account I have already established. Wasn't worth the headache. Sorry Swiss Colony your practices are going to get your company one thing, closed. I will go to another company if I have an account I can actually use it without starting all over.Hopefully this order will reach my grandchildren in time."

This review was modified by msrosewatson on March 21 2016 05:59:03 PM

unethical practices

"I have a small account with this company which is current. I had placed an order which I did not realize would be over my credit limit as I NEVER received in writing that my credit amount was lower than advertised. That's alright. I was sent an email saying we can not approve your order,we will be sending you a letter. Instead of waiting a week or more for the letter , I called Swiss Colony customer service. I was concerned that they had pulled my credit for this order, my third order. I asked the rep. if my credit was pulled. He asked if he could put me on hold to seek out a supervisor and came back and stated my credit had not been pulled. When I received the letter a week later it stated that indeed my credit HAD been pulled. I know that each hit brings down my score. If I had known in writing that this would be done with each order I would never have bothered with this company. I have been working hard since after my student loans to keep my credit score decent and now it has been hit without my knowledge. I called the number on the letter and it was a company in Costa Rica. No where in writing does it say that Swiss Colony out -sources. Again, if I had all of this in writing in the beginning of my relationship with this company I would have not bothered. I did call customer service in the States but they took it very lightly. If you do not want your credit hit , do not deal with Swiss Colony."

This review was modified by ayela58 on March 10 2016 10:22:37 AM

Never again

"I have used Swiss Colony for a couple of years now, until today. I was called by some rude guy in collections telling me that I was late on my payment. He tells me that my Feb. payment is late. Told him that Feb. isn't over yet and that is pay the $327 & close my account. He persisted on being a rude prick. So I went online, paid off the account, & sent an email to close my account.

About an hour later I received a reply to my email. But wanting to keep my business but just saying "Thank you for contacting Customer Service.
As requested, we have removed your name from our mailing list and closed your account. Please feel free to discard any future catalogs that could already be in the mail to you.
We hope this information is helpful to you."

Not even wanting to retain my business! Guess I'm buying everyone Hickory Farms this year. It's not like I even wanted their charge account, it was more of a matter of convenience. Their products weren't even that great.

This review was modified by PatrickDBaker on February 24 2016 10:14:07 PM

wowser !

"i placed my order late but they still got everything where it needed to go before chrrismas everyone enjoyed and my sister loved her snow globe last year was the same but smallerorder i would diff and will order again

This review was modified by DebDer55 on January 25 2016 06:57:00 AM

"Placed an order online using swiss colony credit. Received a confirmation of order. Two days later I received an email stating I would not receive my full order that they will not send the free gift offer as stated on my catalog. I emailed them back and requested that my order be cancelled. They then emailed me back stating that my order had already been sent, when in fact it said it was in "fulfillment" not shipped. I then emailed them back and requested that my order to be cancelled. I got no reply. -- I received my partial order about a week later. The outside of the box said refrigerate upon receipt, yet the product was warm to touch, if not hot. --- I will never order from this company again."

"I order some stuff from swiss colony and their other company seventh ave they state on their websites buy now pay later then after they ask for a down payment after you after you use your choose and charge account buy now and later is misleading and unfair business practices then should state buy now and pay later and make a down payment after you order in their name they are a joke and frauds and shady people and very shady company I bet they deal in stolen stuff to I want my stuff I order they never got my consent to delay my order according to the merchandise law the ftc put out they have to get my consent first to delay the order"

"I have an account with the Swiss Colony. I order candies and whatnot for customers every once-in-a-while. I have it set on automatic payment. I keep getting phone calls and statements saying that I am behind, but when I log into my account, it says zero due. I finally called them and they said that when I made the last three orders, I logged in incorrectly and they created a new account for me. So now, I owe more because of the late fees. This is a rip off. I am going to pay what I owe and close this account. I will NEVER order from Swill Colony again. "

This review was modified by RenaV on June 22 2015 07:45:31 PM

"Swiss Colony is hands down the worst online experience I have ever been subject to! Besides their over priced, overstated and mediocre products, their "credit" policy violates every Fair Credit rule imaginable! Definitely a "bait and switch" scam!
Their "customer service" reps must be highly trained in rudeness & basically couldn't care less if concerns are addressed fairly. BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!

This review was modified by Consumer72 on December 28 2014 03:42:12 PM

"I’m very disappointed, they promise when I ordered the 14th of Dec. that we would receive the 7 Gift packs before the 25 of Dec. 4 days later I receive an email that the gifts are expected to arrive the 23. of January. If you guaranty something then stand up for it or don’t guarantee it. This is not Swiss at all. I’m from Switzerland and my opinion is, you should not be allowed to miss use a Name that stands for quality and precision and correctness and then. Never again!"

This review was modified by TheRealSwiss on December 26 2014 07:33:06 AM

"I placed an order for a company I wanted to thank. They close the week before Christmas and I specifically required that the gift be delivered by the 15th of December. All of the other items I ordered were delivered timely with the exception of the one that had to be delivered by the 15th. I emailed and was told it would ship "shortly." I called and spoke with a representative who said it shipped that day (the 12th). When I check the status on-line it and by Fed Ex tracking, it shows it still has not even shipped. I am extremely upset with their lies to me and will never order from them again."

This review was modified by dehageman on December 15 2014 01:19:45 PM

"Shipping was very expensive, and disappointing that all the boxes came wrapped in PLASTIC, very beat up, with labels on each box clearly stating they needed to be refrigerated, but yet not sent in any refrigerated way. Not worth the shipping costs."

"These people claim I owe an account from 1994 when I was 10 years old about I'm going to be 29 next month! I actually signed up for their so called credit plan in 2002 and used it and paid it off then before I filed bankruptcy I used it and was paying on it and let it go. I had 2 accounts a Seventh Avenue and Swiss Colony both are discharged on my credit reports. But right after I filed my bankruptcy here up and comes a Ginnys account and a Montgomery Ward account using the customer account number that was discharged through bankruptcy and 2 charge offs have been on my credit. I've found out they are trying to collect on the swiss colony account that was discharged and since its discharged through bankruptcy chapter 7 they have no right to be using that 2002 customer number that was bankrupt yet they say I ordered this junk and I never did and how can it of been used after bankruptcy when its discharged on my credit? And these fraudsters claim the other accounts were opened a few days after discharge with my account# that was put into bankruptcy. It doesn't matter what their so called records say. They sent me a threatening letter saying if I start litigation the "companies" will seek severe sanctions against me and my lawyer.Bring it on I cannot wait till this company gets nailed for fraud! Them and their Allied Data collection agency and claiming I owe debt from my childhood as well??"

This review was modified by mikey4833 on March 19 2013 09:53:55 PM

"Midnight Velvet is part of Swiss Colony and they all are non-reputable people to do business with. We were paying on our credit account with them and we were admittedly behind but still paying. They charged off the account for $1200. We paid another $635 to them and they still showed us owing the full $1200. They are liars and thieves. They are not a company to do business with if you want quality products and good customer service. We are working with our Attorney General to address this issue. Trust me do not use them for anything just do a little research about the complaints about them the BBB showed some 600+ complaints in just 2 years on them."

"As has been stated by other reviewers they will remove promotional items after taking your money. Don't be scammed. File a complaint with your credit card company. If you're really feeling up to it file a complaint with the FTC as well.

They also ship perishable items in regular cardboard boxes with no cold packs. I've never received perishable goods this way before.

Share Swiss Colony's store rating

Swiss Colony is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Swiss Colony is not a merchant member
Swiss Colony does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!