Stores > Swanson Health Products

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.41/10 3.41/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.25/10 4.25/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.00/10 3.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10

"i have used some swanson products for several years and am pleased with them. my complaint is i believe prices could be lowered or postage be free IF the catalog would be published less often. i know i could do away with getting catalog except i like better than on line shopping. also buy 1 get 1 is never on the products i would use. "

"I've ordered from swanson for years. I like their products, and I've tolerated the gradually increasing shipping times. Shipping used to be around 2 days, now its often closer to 2 weeks, but I just order early and I'm thankful for free shipping even if it takes a while.

Last order, they didn't bother shipping it. I got a shipping confirmation & tracking number, which I kept checking and FedEx never received the package. Even followed up with FedEx on the phone, they said they had no record of my package.

After a week, I emailed swanson to find out what was up. After several days of frustration with standard, pre-written email responses that didn't address my problem, I got an email that said they just checked my tracking and it's on its way; there's no problem. I check the tracking - they mailed it out this morning! - 11 days after my order, 9 days after the shipping "confirmation". BS. I order vitamins about 8-10 times a year. Business is going elsewhere now.

If they took any responsibility for the error, this probably wouldn't have bothered me.

"I've been a customer with Swanson's Vitamins for years now and they do a decent job. Their shipping is very slow, their packaging isn't the best and some of their supplements are low quality, impotent and full of fillers; however, if you are careful to read the labels and do your homework, you can still find good products there. I don't use the Swanson brand much but purchase the Now brand or another quality brand due to all their fillers in the pills. Also, their own brand is often inconsistent; one batch will be of good quality and potent while another batch will be weak, stale, impotent, etc.

I once left a review for a product there and afterwards, Swanson's raised the price by $1. I was shocked, especially since their price was already as high as other merchants. I never bought that product again from Swanson's; I found it elsewhere for $9 a bottle less for the same product.

As for pills, I began making my own to avoid fillers. I still shop at Swanson's but am very picky about what I buy there. I've found that it is hit or miss when buying the Swanson brand; sometimes you get a quality product but sometimes you end up with complete garbage.

Their customer service is not great but not terrible either. I will continue to shop there as long as they don't make me regret it.

"Earlier this year I placed an order for several boxes of Quest bars as part of a promotion from Swanson Health Products, in conjunction with a promotion from my credit card. I was originally intending to have them sent to an address that was not my billing address. After placing the order I received an email from a service rep, Amber S., stating that they will not ship a customers first order to an address other than the billing address. While this was incredibly inconvenient for me it was not a deal breaker so I responded that it was okay to ship to my billing address. I received confirmation from the same rep that the order would be processed, but that one of my items was on back-order and would not ship until that item was in stock. I responded that this was fine and that I would wait for the order. Several weeks passed with no communication, so I sent a message to the service rep about my order and did not receive any update. I sent several more messages over the next several months. I finally got in contact with a different service rep, Jessica, who told me my order was cancelled because it couldn't ship to an address not my billing address. I pointed to my email with the previous rep that I had authorized shipping to my billing address and she said something along the lines of, "Yes I see that. It appears the previous rep did put your order back in process, but it was later put on hold and cancelled." When I asked why she said there was no listed reason, simply that the order was cancelled. This also took an exceptionally long time to get from the rep with several repeated questions to drag the answer out. Final result she stated there was nothing I or she could do and, I'm paraphrasing here, that I was SOL. No apology, no offer to help get the order re-instated, which wouldn't have helped because my CC offer had expired, no explanation for why I was never informed of my order being cancelled or why the previous rep did not respond to any of my emails. This meant that I waited weeks for a product that never shipped, I ended up missing out on other deals for the same product that I could have used if I had known I wouldn't get it, and that the company did not care or have an explanation.

Basically, this company has terrible customer service and I would never order from them again and will be telling everyone I know not to buy from them.

This review was modified by NoahN on September 09 2015 10:54:24 AM

"It is a complete disaster for international customers.
I had a chat asking if I could change the order. The answer was affirmative. There was a new amount (40% inferior to the previous one). They charged my bank with the old amount. One customer representative even said to me that Swanson has to be protected by fraud when I asked for the refund for the difference!!!! And they are asking my bank to authorize them to do the refund (insane!) My bank is one of the big ones in Europe and tells me that Swanson is problematic. So, I cancelled the purchase, a customer service representative said was ok. But I decided to ask by email as well. Again, no notice about it even after 9 emails. Then the order was already sent. And they still refuse to pay the difference with the definitive amount or pay after the order goes back. I ask for the complete cancelation and they, obviously, refuse again. later they send me another email telling me that I can accept or not the delivery; but they say nothing about the payment (I have asked about it in every single email)
I am informing about it to every Patient Association that I am involved with . And I have a formal complaint about Swanson at the European Consumer Network already accepted.
It is a company that overcomplicates processes, does'nt care about intermational customers. They do not know how to deal internationally.
With Puritan s Pride there is never this kind of problems. on the contrary.

I have been reading the reviews here at resellerratings and at Yelp . There is a hudge difference between american customers and international ccustomers, specially europeans. Americans seem quite happy. The rest, very, very unhappy. The experience with Swanson is a nightmare. I believe now that They despite international customers. There is a coomon denominator and it's that we, europeans customers, feel deceived and robbed. Too much of a coincidence.

This review was modified by Inesjfp on July 15 2015 06:54:49 AM

"I thought I had found a good source for health care products with this website. Good prices, selection, shipping. But when I tried to place a second order, I found out that there is a long list of items they refuse to sell to me because I live in California. Some nonsense about Prop. 65, but other merchants don't have any problem with selling me the same items.
Bottom line: If you live in California and want a single source for health care products, you probably want to look elsewhere. They have a good selection, just not for you.

"They canceled my order because they didn't like the way I ordered."

"I get the majority of my supplements from Swanson. The main reasons are quality, price, and friendly, helpful service. Even though they offer incentives for referrals, I have recommended them without taking advantage of the incentives because I believe they will provide my friends with what they need.

Swanson Vitamins has chosen to use DHL as its new shipping supplier. I placed an order that was shipped out quickly on the sixth of May. I checked today and noticed they they have provided a "GM" tracking number.

This is a DHL Global Mail tracking number, that can take up to several weeks to arrive. In checkout it is listed as DHL Priority Mail with shipping time 4-8 days. Such a time frame is DHL Express, not DHL Global Mail.

There is no tracking for DHL Global Mail once it leaves its country of origin. All I know is that my parcel left the US on the 8th. I have no idea when or if I will receive this parcel.

Please people, do not choose this shipping option unless you are willing to wait a considerable amount of weeks to potentially get your parcel - I know from experience.

This was the only available option available to me when choosing shipping, and I thought that it was DHL Express (due to the 4-8 days shipping time mentioned).

Australian & International customers, DO NOT place your order unless you are sure Swanson will send it express, otherwise you are likely to have a very long wait. I myself will be taking the 4-8 days quoted as being literal and be taking further action if the parcel does not arrive within an appropriate amount of time.

UPDATE: The parcel went to Germany and now MIGHT be on its way to Australia. That was a week ago and apparently it sat in Germany for eight days.

I don't know about all of you, but I don't want my vitamins held in storage for weeks without proper care. Swanson have stopped replying to my requests and blatantly refusing to process a refund. I'll be contacting my bank on Monday and processing a refund. If the parcel arrives, I'll be throwing it out as the item (several hundred dollars worth) will no longer be consumable.

This review was modified by asch8 on May 22 2015 06:54:01 AM

"Twice now when I've spoke to the people in the "Product Experts" Dept I've been treated like I'm an idiot...Breaking news Swanson...that's not how you keep customers, especially with so much competition! The Pea Protein expires this month! I bought it earlier but just now started using it on a regular basis...then I started noticing that there were hard chunks of consolidated pea protein that were like hard plastic in all my protein drinks...and they're hard as a ROCK! When I complained about that today, I was told to throw it out...when I asked if they were going to send a replacement to me...the guy flattly refused and said no. So guess what...I'm done shopping here...I had stopped last year when another of their "product experts" answered my question with a question and acted so snotty and superior that I asked for her manager! You don't treat the customer that way! The sales reps are fine...but beware the "experts"...they're full of themselves and don't act very nice! Easier to go somewhere else...like directly to Mother's Market where the real product experts are!"

"I just got my 1st order with swanson and I am very pleased all the products are completely fresh all the bottles have at least two years on expiration dates. I saved 20% of my order everything was packaged and in great shape I made my order on a Saturday and I received it on a Thursday, as this was the free shipping over $50.00. I spoke with the representative and everything was great and she was a very pleasant person to talk to I am in no way affiliated with this company I am definitely just a customer and a customer that is very happy they have some bad reviews that we need to speak up for them when they have done an excellent job with me I would definitely be using them in the future and stand behind them 100% if you try them you will also see the very same thing."

"Great and fast service! Received my order within 3 business days from shipment!

Chatted with CS and they were very friendly and helpful when I wanted to edit my order.

Will shop again!

This review was modified by Lacie2 on May 10 2015 07:53:35 AM

"Great service and great prices on many of their products. I've ordered from then for several years and will continue to do so. I like the variety of product, which includes the Swanson brand and other manufacturers."

This review was modified by pmen4vit on May 07 2015 09:37:38 PM

"ATTENTION people!!! swansonvitamins.com does not list the correct ingredients for their products.
Check before you buy. Good luck.

This review was modified by privoz59 on April 17 2015 05:04:56 PM

"I have been using Swanson for about 1 year. I have had nothing but good experiences with them. I have noticed that Swanson herbs and vitamins are stronger then the ones locally available through Vitamin Shoppe brand, or health food store brands. The shipping is consistently about one week. "

Share Swanson Health Products's store rating

Swanson Health Products is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Swanson Health Products is not a merchant member
Swanson Health Products does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!