Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"Wow. just wow.... There are no words to describe how upset I am with this company. Here's the story, I order my books through Valorebooks.com (usually dont have a problem with valore) on Jan 25, 2014. One of the books said it came from a different company i believe it was "betterworldbooks" or something along those lines. A week later, I received a package from superbookdeals (it was a road atlas for Ireland) thinking it was some kind of mix up because superbookdeals was not on my receipt from valorebooks. I assumed that it was a random company that took my information without asking. I just messaged them about it. Two days later i received an email saying if i wanted a new one or a different book. So i waited and waited until the 4-14 business days ended. I contacted superbookdeals through valorebooks. I emailed them so many times. Horrible. Never email them. I believe the representatives name was Pamela. All she kept say was verify your email, verify your order, we're sorry we cant give you a refund blah blah blah for ever email. Good thing I called. The representatives there were much better. Sandra was about to send me another book without paying for it again. She apologized.

If I were you, contact their customer service through the phone. The people there were a bit more cooperative and understanding. So i just received my book today, March 5, 2014...half way through the semester... Thanks to superbookdeals I FAILED my first test of the semester! NEVER AGAIN. superbookdeals should be shut down.

modified review This review was modified by gmp123 on March 05 2014 06:45:24 PM

"The worst company I have ever dealt with. DON"T BUY from this company. They sell books on their site they do not have in stock and then tell you it has shipped. BEWARE of this seller. NO GOOD!!!!! I never recieved the book I ordered."

"Super Book Deals provided the worst customer service experience I have ever receieved. I placed an order on November 30th though Barnes and Noble for one book that I was planning to give as a Christmas present. I recieved the wrong item on December 14th. I contacted the company stating that I needed the correct book in time for Christmas, but they did not address my concern. Instead I had to pay for shipping to ship the book back to them, at which point they were suppose to send me the correct order. I completed this process immediately. I never receieved the correct book and contacted the company again on January 27th, asking for the book or a refund of my money. Customer service said they would issue a refund. It has been 3 days since then, and I still have not received a refund. I doubt I ever will. I tried to check on my order via the bookorderstatus.com website they referred me to. It said my order did not exist. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER. Do not use this company!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by rachelprice710 on January 30 2014 08:01:52 AM

"I ordered two books and only received one. Customer service is non-existent and it is impossible to get a refund. DO NOT USE THEM. They need to be shut down from all the reviews I received."

"DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!! I wish I had spent even a couple of minutes reading the multiple bad reviews of this company. My book was ordered 2 weeks ago and the tracking number does not exist. I contacted the seller with no reply. I contacted Amazon who sent them a product inquiry. I received a bogus email reply stating that it had been shipped in December and should arrive by Jan 10. Well, then I go to try and track again today, Jan 10, and mysteriously a new tracking number had appeared stating the item had been shipped only 2 days ago. This company should not be listed as a 91% rating, shouldn't even be an Amazon seller at all. This company needs to be canned from Amazon. The worst!"

modified review This review was modified by kleinster on January 10 2014 08:01:42 AM

"Not Happy.
Customers can access SuperBookDeals directly from here http://www.superbookdeals.com/ or through Amazon here http://www.amazon.com/shops/sbd-/ref=aag_m_ss . Either way, it is the same company.

I went to them because I had to order books at Amazon for school, and Amazon was out of stock for a particular text I needed while SuperBookDeals had it in stock. Amazon showed SuperBookDeals with an "92% positive over the past 12 months" as of late Aug.2013, but I think that's bogus, as you'll see below.

So, after an unhappy experience, I posted the following review at Amazon:
"Impressive reviews, bad service. Bought book Sun8/11. Paid $3.99 for them to take 2 weeks to ship a ½ lb InStock book from IL to NoVA. Got “Shipped” email and they billed my card 8/12; but DHL didn’t pick it up ‘til 8/19! I had to pay to re-ship to my son @ college for their pokie and deceptive service. Folks, “Shipped” means the shipper has it, not “it’s in line for us to call DHL to come get it”."

That review, which complies with Amazon's seller feedback guidelines, posted immediately in the "My Feedback" page, but was completely missing from the seller's "See all feedback" page. Only after repeatedly checking for the posting of my feedback/rating and complaining to Amazon, and finally letting Amazon know that "Very well, I will post my feedback elsewhere - about SuperBookDeals and about Amazon, including your suppression of my feedback for no good reason (in fact for no given reason whatsoever)." was my feedback finally posted the following day. So, it looks to me like Amazon selectively suppresses feedback of their higher volume Marketplace participants to artificially boost ratings and revenue.

When I complained to SuperBookDeals about "Where's My Stuff", Amazon sent an email providing previously unavailable tracking info. DHL's site showed that DHL didn't pick the book up until 7 days after SuperBookDeals told me it had shipped. Also, I got a subsequent email from SuperBookDeals telling me that they shipped the book 8/13, a day later than their first asserted shipping day.

I think the customer responses here at ResellerRatings (avg 1/5 stars in 115 reviews as of late Aug.2013) more accurately reflect SuperBookDeals' quality of service than the apparently inflated figures at Amazon, so Buy Beware.

modified review This review was modified by MiNaem on August 28 2013 06:41:36 AM

"Horrible Experience! They never shipped my item, or if they did ship it they never told me. Eventually they told me the item was shipped to an address in Illinois, not my address in Washington State, and that the item was being returned to the sender. They never told me who shipped the item, and why I won't be refunded the cost of shipping. Horrible Horrible company to do business with."

"This site is a joke. They make sure there is no phone number you can call when your order never shows up for weeks. The only way you can contact them for your order status is to go to "http://www.bookorderstatus.com" I've tried it 3 times over the last few weeks with no response.

"Your inquiry has been forwarded to customer service and you will receive an email response within 24 business hours. Please press the "Start Over" button if you have any additional inquiries."

I will never use them again, the price savings is not worth it at all.

"THESE PEOPLE ARE HORRIBLE!!!! VALOREBOOKS.COM IS HORRIBLE AS WELL. I WILL NEVER EVER USE THEM AGAIN! CHEGG.COM, CAMPUSBOOKRENTALS.COM, OR BOOKRENTER.COM ARE THE ONLY WEBSITES I WILL EVER RENT,BUY,SELL BOOKS FROM AGAIN!!!!!!!!

(Clearly frustrated!)

But seriously, DON"T go through them!

"On the 16th of december I've ordered a book through superbookdeals, and I'm still waiting for it. The order cannot be found at bookorderstatus.com, the money has not been banked, and although I live in Israel, waiting 29 business days and still no delivery is a rediculous situation. I've written some mails to customer service, but all I get is standard mails, no-one inquires into my case. needless to say I'm not happy."

"The book I ordered through them was not in stock. I received a refund of the book (I'd ordered through Amazon), but still have not received the postage I paid for the order, which did not ship. Multiple emails later to both Super Book Deals and Amazon, and STILL no refund 5 months later, even though Super Book Deals did advise me early on that they would refund. Amazon have been helpful, but can't force Super Book Deals to refund. Very unhappy about this, as it amounts to nothing more than theft from a customer! "

"I had a terrible experience w/ them. I got re-directed by barnes and noble to this company. I ordered a book for Christmas on Dec 9th. It's still not here on Dec 29th. I will never use them or barnes and noble again."

"We ordered a book for one of my daughter's college classes and it didn't come for several weeks, way past the date it was supposed to be here by. We emailed back and forth with SuperBookDeals and they were full of excuses and "not-our-fault" statements. It was clear they rarely even bothered to read our complaints and just sent back standard replies. We finally received the book and by then we no longer needed it and sent it back. It took threats from out credit card company to get them to send our money back and I still had to pay shipping when none of it was our fault."

"Received my book late and sent it back. Still waiting on my refund, but while I'm waiting I decided to write the Better Business Bureau. We'll see how long it takes to get my refund now. Terrible company, canned email responses and late delivery."

"Consumers beware of this seller, i am a previous employee of this company.

When you order a book through this company they receive the order then place an order for the book through one of their distributor, most of which are in England. The distributor then ships the item to the warehouse in Indiana where they process it and send it out to the customer. This is why most of the shipping dates are not met.

This companies main goal is MONEY, they care nothing about the customer.

modified review This review was modified by Shwags on September 20 2012 12:46:15 PM

SuperBookDeals is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

SuperBookDeals is not a merchant member
SuperBookDeals does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!