• SuperBookDeals

Product & services pricing Rating 5.36/10 5.36/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.94/10 0.94/10

"My experience isn't as bad as some of the other reviewers here -- yet. It's been only 14 days since I ordered it. I emailed them and got the same boilerplate another reviewer quoted, that they give it to a courier service, who then "injects" it into the USPS at the nearest regional facility, etc. Since the Amazon listing stated the book shipped from Illinois I was rather surprised that the "nearest regional facility" appears to have been Seacaucus, NJ, which is where it was "injected" according to the tracking number which finally worked after a lag of several days. As of 1:15 PM today it's at Hazelwood, MO, and is thus inching closer to my location is southern Indiana. This seller claims to offer the "highest standard of customer service," which is essentially a bald-faced lie. Amazon notes that standard shipping can be expected to arrive within 3-5 or 4-14 business days, "depending on the seller's setting." So for the $3.99 delivery and handling charge the seller can opt for a higher or lower (and cheaper for them) level of customer service, and SuperBookDeals has opted for the latter. And once it reaches the USPS it ships at a lower priority, Media Mail, also undoubtedly cheaper for these cheapskates. Next time I'll check at this site before I order a book, and I will NEVER order from SuperBookDeals again. I just re-ordered the book from Amazon.com, at the higher prince I should have paid in the first place, and I bet it gets here before the other one does. "

modified review This review was modified by mr_spock on April 10 2015 11:44:44 AM

"Dreadful company. Do not buy from these people. I ordered High Fidelity which arrived in German. They have now changed their advert on Amazon saying 'look inside' & 'in German' but it didn't at the time of purchase. They stalled & asked for an ISBN No. without explaining what it was. I gave them the order no. Then had to ask what an ISBN no. was. Then they said it was what was ordered. When I complained they said I was now out of date for returns. When I tried to communicate they responded by cutting & pasting their returns policy. I had to contact Amazon on 4 occasions & eventually they refunded my money. Three months too late for the Xmas gift I'd bought for someone but at least I got my money back. LET THE BUYER BEWARE. Truly awful experience."

modified review This review was modified by Roy-Scott on March 18 2015 04:59:18 AM

"ZERO STARS!!

I placed an order on Jan 23. I expected to receive the order in a timely fashion, esp. seeing as the seller CLAIMS to originate from Indiana. Well, Feb11 arrives and STIL NO BOOK. I'm told it was send "media mail", which takes longer, and that I'll have pkg between Feb 3 and Feb 18. Well, SURPRISE SURPRISE, it's Feb. 19 and STILL no book.

I went back to tracking, and it looks as if 1. They are based out of MD, not IN as they claimed. 2. They only shipped the book AFTER I made an inquiry, as the book arrived in the Quincy MA facility on Feb 13. Now, there's NO WAY that it would take THREE WEEKS to arrive in MA unless you sent it via turtle! So, now it's apparently in transit to Illinois, so that will probably take ANOTHER week knowing this seller.

Since I purchased via Amazon, they have this "A-Z guarantee" that if you don't receive your item within three days of sellers deadline, you can get your money refunded. YOU KNOW I'm going to file a claim, because there's NO WAY this company can get away with this.

"Horrible experience ordered on Jan 21 its Feb 7th and still cant get a correct tracking number and no book yet. STAY AWAY from this seller."

modified review This review was modified by cshiveley on February 07 2015 10:35:25 AM

"Terrible company! Do not purchase anything from them! I purchased a book a month ago, and another book from another company the same day on amazon.com. I received the other book in 7 days, but the book from Superbookdeals never arrived and I moved out of my place after a month. So I just reached out to them to request a refund or the book sent to my new address and they said it arrived at my old address two days ago. Well I live in Hawaii now and can't get on a plane to California to get that darn book that I waited a month for. Why would it take an entire month to ship to California??? It arrived outside of the estimated shipping window, so I kindly ask for a measly $19.00 reimbursement for the book that I never received. They refused and acted like this was a normal situation that I should follow up with UPS. I notified amazon.com and they listened to me and kindly reimbursed me the money that this crappy company wouldn't. Amazon's got my business for a lifetime now. They should drop Superbookdeals as a seller. It's not the money, it's the principle of it! The company is shady and doesn't care about their customers. I waited a month for that darn book and should have just purchased it new for 10$ more. Ridiculous. Please do not purchase from them, and wait a month for your order, only to end up being frustrated and angry that you weren't listened to or cared for like me!!!"

modified review This review was modified by Kerrypnurse on February 01 2015 08:57:12 PM

"I ordered a book through Amazon. I received it in a timely manner. However, the book was missing the last 40 pages or more. This would not have been known unless the book was opened. I returned the book.

My objection to the business practices of this company are these: paying for the return postage and being charged a restocking fee when the book is faulty. The book should not be restocked and sent out to someone else. Nor do I see why I should be charged anything for returning the book when I am not responsible for its condition but the publisher is.

When I emailed SuperBookDeals, I received in reply the standard statement from Amazon about returns. Not one issue that I raised was addressed. I question if my email was even read.

modified review This review was modified by sgnh on February 01 2015 08:35:57 PM

"BUYER BEWARE! Do not deal with this company. I ordered this book because it states it shipped from Indiana, USA. Instead it shipped internationally. It took 20 days to receive this. The tracking number they sent me was non existent and then after MANY complaints I suddenly get a new tracking number. I will never buy from this company again. Poor customer service also. Very misleading! Watch out!

"SuperBookDeals (subsidiary of Far Corner) is running a deceptive scam. They claim to have inventory, charge the customer immediately & then have to purchase the product if they can find it through a 4th party. After they find the product, they have it shipped to their business, where it is then FINALLY shipped by media mail to the customer, resulting in almost a month or much more of waiting.

Seller: GreatBookPrices
Seller Email: bn@superbookdeals.com
Seller Location: Columbia, MD
Ship To: King of Prussia, PA

I purchased an expensive book through Barnes & Noble (B&N) marketplace. The seller was SuperBookDeals (SBN). I should have read up on the company but blindly assumed that B&N would be doing business with reputable companies. I made the order on 12/12/2014, received notification that my order was to be shipped on 12/16/2014, and was charged on 12/15/2014. Seeing as the state I live in is literally attached to the state is was being shipped from, and considering that USPS media mail, which was the promised method of delivery which takes 2-8 business days according to USPS, the delivery should have made it to my home by 12/25/2014 in the worst case scenario. When there was no sign of the package and no trace of tracking from SBN, I went to the website to request a tracking number. I got this automated message:
Thank you for your inquiry. We appreciate your patronage and your interest in our merchandise. All our orders are processed within 1-2 Business days from the day we receive them and we ship all our orders via USPS Media Mail, which usually arrives within 4-14 business days (Monday - Friday). Our records show that your order was imported to us on 12/12/2014 and it was shipped out 12/16/2014 which was the (2nd) business day. You will be receiving your order between, 12/22/2014 as that is the 4th business day, and 1/5/2015 as that is the 14th business day.
------------------------------------------
Your order was shipped under USPS delivery confirmation number 420194069241999996355522070004.

SuperBookDeals makes use of a private courier service to deliver your package to one of 12 regional USPS mail sorting centers, to be injected into the USPS system. As a result your order information may reflect a gap in the time from when it left our facility until it was injected into the USPS system. In an effort to deliver your package timely, a delivery confirmation number is affixed to each package for tracking purposes. This service only records information upon delivery and will not reflect the status of a package while in route. Additionally, in our experience, we find packages with delivery confirmation are handled, by the USPS, with a higher priority. Once the package reaches the local branch, the delivery confirmation information is recorded and upon delivery the information is updated to reflect the date, time and zip code of delivery. We are dedicated to providing excellent customer service and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We greatly value your continued business and encourage you to contact us with any concerns.

Sincerely,
Customer Service
SuperBookDeals
Pam
---------------------------------------------
Any intelligent person can read between the lines. I id a little research to find that this company has a terrible reputation for non-receipt of purchases or delivery times of over a month or more. It turns out that the real issue is that they don't have many of the books in stock and wait until the purchase to find the book from a 4th party, then wait until they ship it from there, causing the huge delay. I complained to B&N, who in turn contacted SBD. Suddenly, despite being told a tracking number doesn't exist, B&N produced one for me. I discovered that SBN had lied AGAIN, and that my package was not even shipped until 12/22/2014.

B&N promised that I would receive a full refund upon sending the book back to SBD, but Barbara Blake, the COO at SBN refused. I spoke to her personally. She was the rudest con-artist I've ever had the privilege to speak with, and interrupted me every other word, and pulled the classic "you're interrupting me and I don't have time for this" spin around. She was bitter, unpleasant and had little regard for anything but lining her pockets. Instead of working with an unhappy customer, she actually bragged about her company's multi-millions and snidely urged me to take legal action.

This company should be honest about why it really takes so long for a package to ship. Maybe take a look at why Zulily can take a month or more and still have happy customers- the customers are made fully aware of the shipping practices. Far Corner should reconsider having such a hostile and unpleasant person like Barbara Blake organizing the operations of the company. All those millions she bragged about are taken out of the customer's account before they even know if the book can be delivered to the customer.

modified review This review was modified by HonestPractices on December 31 2014 08:41:13 AM

SuperBookDeals User

"Ordered from them off of Amazon and they provided me with 2 fake tracking numbers to make it look like they had shipped the order when they had not. Amazon investigated and refunded my money."

"Wow. just wow.... There are no words to describe how upset I am with this company. Here's the story, I order my books through Valorebooks.com (usually dont have a problem with valore) on Jan 25, 2014. One of the books said it came from a different company i believe it was "betterworldbooks" or something along those lines. A week later, I received a package from superbookdeals (it was a road atlas for Ireland) thinking it was some kind of mix up because superbookdeals was not on my receipt from valorebooks. I assumed that it was a random company that took my information without asking. I just messaged them about it. Two days later i received an email saying if i wanted a new one or a different book. So i waited and waited until the 4-14 business days ended. I contacted superbookdeals through valorebooks. I emailed them so many times. Horrible. Never email them. I believe the representatives name was Pamela. All she kept say was verify your email, verify your order, we're sorry we cant give you a refund blah blah blah for ever email. Good thing I called. The representatives there were much better. Sandra was about to send me another book without paying for it again. She apologized.

If I were you, contact their customer service through the phone. The people there were a bit more cooperative and understanding. So i just received my book today, March 5, 2014...half way through the semester... Thanks to superbookdeals I FAILED my first test of the semester! NEVER AGAIN. superbookdeals should be shut down.

modified review This review was modified by gmp123 on March 05 2014 06:45:24 PM

"The worst company I have ever dealt with. DON"T BUY from this company. They sell books on their site they do not have in stock and then tell you it has shipped. BEWARE of this seller. NO GOOD!!!!! I never recieved the book I ordered."

"Super Book Deals provided the worst customer service experience I have ever receieved. I placed an order on November 30th though Barnes and Noble for one book that I was planning to give as a Christmas present. I recieved the wrong item on December 14th. I contacted the company stating that I needed the correct book in time for Christmas, but they did not address my concern. Instead I had to pay for shipping to ship the book back to them, at which point they were suppose to send me the correct order. I completed this process immediately. I never receieved the correct book and contacted the company again on January 27th, asking for the book or a refund of my money. Customer service said they would issue a refund. It has been 3 days since then, and I still have not received a refund. I doubt I ever will. I tried to check on my order via the bookorderstatus.com website they referred me to. It said my order did not exist. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER. Do not use this company!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by rachelprice710 on January 30 2014 08:01:52 AM

"I ordered two books and only received one. Customer service is non-existent and it is impossible to get a refund. DO NOT USE THEM. They need to be shut down from all the reviews I received."

"DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!! I wish I had spent even a couple of minutes reading the multiple bad reviews of this company. My book was ordered 2 weeks ago and the tracking number does not exist. I contacted the seller with no reply. I contacted Amazon who sent them a product inquiry. I received a bogus email reply stating that it had been shipped in December and should arrive by Jan 10. Well, then I go to try and track again today, Jan 10, and mysteriously a new tracking number had appeared stating the item had been shipped only 2 days ago. This company should not be listed as a 91% rating, shouldn't even be an Amazon seller at all. This company needs to be canned from Amazon. The worst!"

modified review This review was modified by kleinster on January 10 2014 08:01:42 AM

"Not Happy.
Customers can access SuperBookDeals directly from here http://www.superbookdeals.com/ or through Amazon here http://www.amazon.com/shops/sbd-/ref=aag_m_ss . Either way, it is the same company.

I went to them because I had to order books at Amazon for school, and Amazon was out of stock for a particular text I needed while SuperBookDeals had it in stock. Amazon showed SuperBookDeals with an "92% positive over the past 12 months" as of late Aug.2013, but I think that's bogus, as you'll see below.

So, after an unhappy experience, I posted the following review at Amazon:
"Impressive reviews, bad service. Bought book Sun8/11. Paid $3.99 for them to take 2 weeks to ship a ½ lb InStock book from IL to NoVA. Got “Shipped” email and they billed my card 8/12; but DHL didn’t pick it up ‘til 8/19! I had to pay to re-ship to my son @ college for their pokie and deceptive service. Folks, “Shipped” means the shipper has it, not “it’s in line for us to call DHL to come get it”."

That review, which complies with Amazon's seller feedback guidelines, posted immediately in the "My Feedback" page, but was completely missing from the seller's "See all feedback" page. Only after repeatedly checking for the posting of my feedback/rating and complaining to Amazon, and finally letting Amazon know that "Very well, I will post my feedback elsewhere - about SuperBookDeals and about Amazon, including your suppression of my feedback for no good reason (in fact for no given reason whatsoever)." was my feedback finally posted the following day. So, it looks to me like Amazon selectively suppresses feedback of their higher volume Marketplace participants to artificially boost ratings and revenue.

When I complained to SuperBookDeals about "Where's My Stuff", Amazon sent an email providing previously unavailable tracking info. DHL's site showed that DHL didn't pick the book up until 7 days after SuperBookDeals told me it had shipped. Also, I got a subsequent email from SuperBookDeals telling me that they shipped the book 8/13, a day later than their first asserted shipping day.

I think the customer responses here at ResellerRatings (avg 1/5 stars in 115 reviews as of late Aug.2013) more accurately reflect SuperBookDeals' quality of service than the apparently inflated figures at Amazon, so Buy Beware.

modified review This review was modified by MiNaem on August 28 2013 06:41:36 AM

Share SuperBookDeals's store rating

SuperBookDeals is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

SuperBookDeals is not a merchant member
SuperBookDeals does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!