Stores > SuperBookDeals

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review SuperBookDeals by clicking a star below.
2017-07-31

most disappointed

"Book ordered June 29, '17. After my query to B &N was told it had been shipped July 3. Arrived on July 27. Not an acceptable business practice."

2017-06-05

Worst online purchase experience I ever had.

"Ordered 3 books at same time on May 20. Received 2 of 3 in timely fashion. The one which never arrivedas of June 6? Of course from this disgraceful company. Fake tracking number. No way to get in touch. Barnes and Noble should definitely not be associated with these people. At this point It seems like theft of the money paid for a book ironically titled "The Way of Zen.""

2017-03-14

Surprisingly Great Service

"After I purchased my order, I did some research on the reviews for SuperBookDeals. Usually people do research on a company before they purchase something...but I saw the great price and impulse bought. I found an alarming amount of very negative reviews and it scared me quite a bit. There were reviews about damaged products, products that were shipped but were the complete wrong product, products that never got delivered, poor service, etc. So as you can imagine I was pretty worried. I have been mentally preparing an awful review in my head of all the things that could go wrong and what I would say in response in a review when it did but at this point but I decided to not freak out before anything actually went wrong with my own personal order. My order arrived within the stated time, customer service gave me a tracking number at my request and responded to my initial email very quickly and extremely politely even though I was bugging them a bit. My order was sent out for shipping less than a day after I hit order now. The order showed up like new with only some dust on the outside of the protective plastic wrapping and everything is in perfect condition. I am giving them 5 stars for my personal experience. I wish everyone else had the same experience. "

2017-02-10

Next time I will check reviews, don't waste your time with this seller.

"I had to buy some books for nursing school, I purchased 3 books from this seller that cost over 240 dollars. They were quickly marked as shipped, but I never heard anything for 2+ weeks. Then I found out through a paypal email that I received a refund for two of the books, and not the most expensive third book. So I called, and they told me that two of my books had been cancelled due to no stock, but the third had been SHIPPED and was on its way to me. I was annoyed that they didn't let me know that my 2 other books had been cancelled, and had to go ahead and order them elsewhere. I waited for the one that supposedly had shipped out, I kept checking the bogus tracking number they emailed to me, that had never updated and kept saying it was waiting receipt by usps. So, then my paypal notifies me that I got yet another refund from the seller. I have already needed this book already by this point, so I called and after the runaround I am told that the book was "shipped back to them" and they don't know why and that they issued me a refund. Ok?? I bought three books from them, received none and was given the worst run around and bs info wasting time. Will be calling BN. At least I was able to get a refund for all the books. Next time, I will do my research before ordering through Barnes and Noble marketplace sellers as this has been a bad inconvenience. "

2017-01-13

Won't issue a refund

"These scam artists won't issue a refund to me for a book I paid for but never received due to an "inventory problem". Each time I contact them by email I receive similar (almost word for word) replies that do answer my very specific questions. I've asked for a phone number for them multiple times and they refuse to provide this information. Based on my experience and the many other horrible customer reviews on this site alone, this company should be banned from selling on sites like Amazon and Barnes & Noble."

2016-12-23

Scumbags

"I ordered a book for Xmas on 12.01.16 I received a tracking number which was no good. When I contacted the company they told me that the tracking number would not show any information until after the item was delivered. What? I then told them I needed it by Xmas and they told me it would be delivered in 4 to 14 business days. We'll it's December 23 and no book. The tracking number now states the item is in a new jersey sorting facility and it has been there since 12.12 and has not moved. Numerous more contacts with the company gets me form letter emails. Thus company should not be in business. "

2016-11-15

Dreadful customer experience

"I ordered a book in September. it arrived with the slowest of service a month later, in a poorly protected bubble wrap envelope. The item was damaged. They said ship it back for replacement and a refund of the return shipping. After they got the book back they claimed it was never received. After two weeks of effort they agreed they had it back and would send a replacement. Nearly a month later a similarly poorly packaged book was delivered. It was the wrong book. This was returned, this time with the promise of a refund of the purchase price and the return shipping. The book was received back by them a week ago, but they again say they never received it, even with USPS delivery proof. Now I am going through the same delaying tactics trying to get the purchase refund and the two postage refunds. Ten weeks into this I still have no book and no refunds. This company has a very low orders completed rating on Abebooks, and if you don't get you book they put you through hell trying to get a refund. Stay away from these guys."

2016-08-22

Next time, I'll pay full price!

"I ordered a book from Amazon, through SuperBookDeals on August 5th. Almost immediately, I got a notification that said that my order had shipped. 16 days later, I get another e-mail that says that the order has shipped and they provided a shipping number through DHL Global Mail. Upon clicking on the link, I see that the status is Pre-Shipment Info sent to USPS, meaning that they sent a message to the USPS saying that they were going to be receiving a package. Now 17 days in, still no book. Allegedly, the book has arrived in Secaucus, NJ, but it doesn't seem to be any closer to NC!

One thing's for sure, I won't be buying another book from them. That they "shipped" was an outright lie. I'll pay the extra $5 to buy it from Amazon! This was a serious waste of time. I hope that the book arrives soon.

2015-04-10

"My experience isn't as bad as some of the other reviewers here -- yet. It's been only 14 days since I ordered it. I emailed them and got the same boilerplate another reviewer quoted, that they give it to a courier service, who then "injects" it into the USPS at the nearest regional facility, etc. Since the Amazon listing stated the book shipped from Illinois I was rather surprised that the "nearest regional facility" appears to have been Seacaucus, NJ, which is where it was "injected" according to the tracking number which finally worked after a lag of several days. As of 1:15 PM today it's at Hazelwood, MO, and is thus inching closer to my location is southern Indiana. This seller claims to offer the "highest standard of customer service," which is essentially a bald-faced lie. Amazon notes that standard shipping can be expected to arrive within 3-5 or 4-14 business days, "depending on the seller's setting." So for the $3.99 delivery and handling charge the seller can opt for a higher or lower (and cheaper for them) level of customer service, and SuperBookDeals has opted for the latter. And once it reaches the USPS it ships at a lower priority, Media Mail, also undoubtedly cheaper for these cheapskates. Next time I'll check at this site before I order a book, and I will NEVER order from SuperBookDeals again. I just re-ordered the book from Amazon.com, at the higher prince I should have paid in the first place, and I bet it gets here before the other one does. "

2015-03-18

"Dreadful company. Do not buy from these people. I ordered High Fidelity which arrived in German. They have now changed their advert on Amazon saying 'look inside' & 'in German' but it didn't at the time of purchase. They stalled & asked for an ISBN No. without explaining what it was. I gave them the order no. Then had to ask what an ISBN no. was. Then they said it was what was ordered. When I complained they said I was now out of date for returns. When I tried to communicate they responded by cutting & pasting their returns policy. I had to contact Amazon on 4 occasions & eventually they refunded my money. Three months too late for the Xmas gift I'd bought for someone but at least I got my money back. LET THE BUYER BEWARE. Truly awful experience."

2015-02-19

"ZERO STARS!!

I placed an order on Jan 23. I expected to receive the order in a timely fashion, esp. seeing as the seller CLAIMS to originate from Indiana. Well, Feb11 arrives and STIL NO BOOK. I'm told it was send "media mail", which takes longer, and that I'll have pkg between Feb 3 and Feb 18. Well, SURPRISE SURPRISE, it's Feb. 19 and STILL no book.

I went back to tracking, and it looks as if 1. They are based out of MD, not IN as they claimed. 2. They only shipped the book AFTER I made an inquiry, as the book arrived in the Quincy MA facility on Feb 13. Now, there's NO WAY that it would take THREE WEEKS to arrive in MA unless you sent it via turtle! So, now it's apparently in transit to Illinois, so that will probably take ANOTHER week knowing this seller.

Since I purchased via Amazon, they have this "A-Z guarantee" that if you don't receive your item within three days of sellers deadline, you can get your money refunded. YOU KNOW I'm going to file a claim, because there's NO WAY this company can get away with this.

2015-02-07

"Horrible experience ordered on Jan 21 its Feb 7th and still cant get a correct tracking number and no book yet. STAY AWAY from this seller."

2015-02-01

"Terrible company! Do not purchase anything from them! I purchased a book a month ago, and another book from another company the same day on amazon.com. I received the other book in 7 days, but the book from Superbookdeals never arrived and I moved out of my place after a month. So I just reached out to them to request a refund or the book sent to my new address and they said it arrived at my old address two days ago. Well I live in Hawaii now and can't get on a plane to California to get that darn book that I waited a month for. Why would it take an entire month to ship to California??? It arrived outside of the estimated shipping window, so I kindly ask for a measly $19.00 reimbursement for the book that I never received. They refused and acted like this was a normal situation that I should follow up with UPS. I notified amazon.com and they listened to me and kindly reimbursed me the money that this crappy company wouldn't. Amazon's got my business for a lifetime now. They should drop Superbookdeals as a seller. It's not the money, it's the principle of it! The company is shady and doesn't care about their customers. I waited a month for that darn book and should have just purchased it new for 10$ more. Ridiculous. Please do not purchase from them, and wait a month for your order, only to end up being frustrated and angry that you weren't listened to or cared for like me!!!"

2015-02-01

"I ordered a book through Amazon. I received it in a timely manner. However, the book was missing the last 40 pages or more. This would not have been known unless the book was opened. I returned the book.

My objection to the business practices of this company are these: paying for the return postage and being charged a restocking fee when the book is faulty. The book should not be restocked and sent out to someone else. Nor do I see why I should be charged anything for returning the book when I am not responsible for its condition but the publisher is.

When I emailed SuperBookDeals, I received in reply the standard statement from Amazon about returns. Not one issue that I raised was addressed. I question if my email was even read.

2015-01-20

"BUYER BEWARE! Do not deal with this company. I ordered this book because it states it shipped from Indiana, USA. Instead it shipped internationally. It took 20 days to receive this. The tracking number they sent me was non existent and then after MANY complaints I suddenly get a new tracking number. I will never buy from this company again. Poor customer service also. Very misleading! Watch out!

Share SuperBookDeals's store rating

SuperBookDeals is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

SuperBookDeals is not a merchant member
SuperBookDeals does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!