• Sunplay

• Address: 1278 S. 1200 W.
    • Contact: info@sunplay.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.94/10 1.94/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.92/10 2.92/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.00/10 4.00/10

"I had an outstanding experience with Sunplay. I called their customer service representatives a few times because I had a lot of questions. I'm like that before I order anything. Every time they were extremely patient with me, and treated me with kindness and respect. They were down to earth, too, and easy to understand. I purchased an Overboard waterproof mp3 player case with built in head phone jack. It even came with waterproof earbuds, and at a better price than on the manufacturer's website. Unfortunately, there was defect in the product. I emailed a picture to the manufacturer, and they admitted that the split in the material was because of a RARE molding mistake in the manufacturer's factory (not Sunplay), when the item was being formed. They told me to just forward their email admission to Sunplay (an authorized Overboard dealer), and to ask for my money back, and if there were any questions, Sunplay could call Overboard. Guess what ... There were NO questions!!! Sunplay made everything smooth and easy for me. I forwarded the email, but I also called, since I was so nervous! Sunplay told me not to worry about a thing, and that they would begin processing my refund immediately. Even though I had JUST sent the email, they were able to look it up. I think the money was back on my Mom's card REALLY fast, too! (My mom paid for this, even though I alone dealt with customer service, and the purchase was for me). She and I just used her card online. It was and out-of-the blue gift. My mom is great! So is Sunplay! Thanks Mom! Thanks Sunplay! By the way, the reason why I wanted my money back and not an exchange is not because I lost faith in the company or the product. I would buy from Sunplay again, and it was a great case. I just decided that since I wasn't going to swim with it, but just wanted super rain-proofing, I would go with a much bigger waterproof pouch, which I could only find at a different company. This way I can put my iPod in a shockproof case first, THEN put it inside the waterproof pouch. I use this combo with rainproof headphones, and carry the case(s) in a camera bag with shoulder strap. It's obvious I have ocd, but my device is surely protected. I may look like a tourist, but I'm happy. I'll always be happy when I think about my experience with Sunplay, too. Don't worry ... not all of my reviews will be this long of a ramble. This is only my first one, and I had to let it rip. I'll get the hang of it soon! Oh, and I assume that by NOT checking the box I'm saying that Sunplay did NOT ask me to write this review because they DID NOT. Thank you for reading, and for your patience with me."

This review was modified by CherylAnnSchoon on August 26 2015 09:22:23 PM

"Exactly the same as others... Waited over a month & then said I was suspected as been fraudulent.. Absolute cowboys.. these guys are the fraudsters
Absolutely shocking

"I've placed my order on 08/05/2015, for a few days there was no shipping info, I called and try the chat on Saturday the 8th but they have no phone or email answer through the weekend. On Monday 08/10/2015 I've received an email(only to answer mine) informing me that my order was canceled for fraud suspicion. then I called to find out why they didn't contact me sooner?
the rep on the phone said that because my billing and shipping addresses are different then its a fraud and they wouldn't call or email(they have already made judgement that I'm) fraud.
My credit card have my shipping address, who are these people to treat clients that way?
I'll make sure that every one I know beware of this site

This review was modified by Tahmed on August 10 2015 04:23:24 PM

"Sunplay uses false advertising and bait and switch tactics to lure consumers to their website, and then does not honor promotional codes clearly displayed on the website.

The website advertises a promotional deal of $200 off a paddleboard. On July 7, 2015 I contacted Sunplay via email because when I attempted to use the promotional code, the website said the code was invalid. On July 8, 2015 I received a response from Sunplay, which said the promotion ended on June 30, 2015. I requested they still honor the $200 off because the deal was still being advertised on their website and there was no end date associated with the promotion. They decided not to honor the deal and at that point I requested they remove the banner with the promotional code from the website in order to avoid any further customer confusion/dissatisfaction.

I ordered the paddleboard, which the website stated would come with a free leash and Camelbak. When these two items did not arrive with the paddleboard, I contacted Sunplay again. They informed me this promotion was no longer valid either, but they would send the leash. I requested they also send the Camelbak because it was listed on the website, and was told they would not send the Camelbak. I replied and informed them their response was unacceptable because when I ordered the paddleboard the website stated both items would be included. They eventually agreed to send both items. Sunplay also removed that particular promotion from their website successfully, proof that they are able to update the website in a timely manner.

On July 16th, I called Sunplay because keeping this promotional banner on the website without actually offering the promotion is consumer fraud. I wanted them to honor the promotion as well as remove the information from their website. I spoke with Breagor at Sunplay about my concerns and was told they would not honor the promotion.

As of July 27, 2015, the $200 off paddleboards promotional code still remains on the website, and it still doesn't work.

This review was modified by elgsup on July 27 2015 11:09:13 AM

"Since becoming disabled I needed a company that I could buy products from that would ship to my house. When I found this company, I was/am extremely satisfied with the way they handled the customer service. I ordered a product, it was the wrong product, and they worked diligently to correct the issue and left me a satisfied customer. Then, I ordered a different part and it too was the wrong part (completely my fault) and graciously offered to pay for the returned shipping as well. I couldnt asked for a better customer experience and will continue to use them for all my pool needs. Fantastic job by the customer service team."

"Boxer #100 Vinyl Repair Adhesive does NOT repair vinyl
From me to Sunplay: This Boxer #100 Vinyl Repair Adhesive is DEFECTIVE. It will not bond two pieces of vinyl together in any fashion. The weak bond it does create easily delaminates and does not “seal”. The air inside our airbed leaked out past/through the adhesive and small 1 1/2" patch very quickly after pumping up the bed 24 hours after the repair was made. 24 hours should have been ample time for the adhesive to “cure”. The Boxer adhesive would not even bond two pieces of vinyl patches together. After 24 hours of curing, under 5 lbs. of even-pressure (the patches being sandwiched between my desktop and a smooth-bottomed 5 lb. anvil) the bond failed. The two pieces of glued patches separated (pealed apart/delaminated) with little-to-no effort. The Boxer Adhesive had completely failed. Spit would have held better. After attempting to return the defective adhesive to Sunplay I received this: "Dear Lee B! Your RMA #0000000415 has been successfully resolved with status "Resolved (canceled)". Customer Service: We apologize for these inconveniences. However, this is indeed a vinyl repair kit and rated to be used as so. We do take this as feedback, and will have the issue addressed with our management. Unfortunately, unless defective, we are unable to return it as it has been used. Being an adhesive, we cannot guarantee it will fix every leak, hole as it does depend on the manner in which it is used, as well as the size of the hole. For these reasons, we are unable to allow it to be returned, and for unsatisfactory reasons. You can view RMA by following the link http://www.sunplay.com/awrma/customer_rma/view/id/415/. Thank you for using our RMA service." This issue is NOT RESOLVED. How can you arbitrarily just state that it is “successfully resolved AND CANCELLED” and think that you are done with it? This Boxer #100 Vinyl Repair Adhesive is DEFECTIVE. It will not bond two pieces of vinyl together in any fashion. The weak bond it does create easily delaminates and does not “seal”. The air inside our airbed leaked out past/through the adhesive and small patch very quickly after pumping up the bed 24 hours after the repair was made. 24 hours should have been ample time for the adhesive to “cure”. I am requesting a FULL REFUND of the purchase price. There is absolutely no way to test this adhesive without first opening the container. The container has an unsealed Screw Lid so there would be no way of anyone ever knowing that the bottle had/has been opened (without me honestly telling you I had done so) and the extremely small amount of adhesive that was used to Test the glue and to make a very small repair (6-10 drops) proportionate to the actual 4 fl. Oz. volume of the container could never be missed or even measured. After “Googling” this issue (and your site) I have found where several others have had this exact same problem. A $20.00 bottle of worthless vinyl adhesive. The hole I was attempting to repair was a 5/16th inch long puncture made by a cat’s claw on a slightly rounded side of our airbed. The repair made with your Boxer Vinyl Repair adhesive/glue failed less than 48 hours after the repair was made and the airbed went flat during the night. I purchased a tube of “Blue Magic” vinyl repair adhesive at our local waterbed store (for $3.98) and two drops successfully repaired the puncture (without the use of a patch) permanently (in less than one hour). You are a Google Guaranteed site, please do not make me go to them to get satisfaction. Please, take care of this problem “in-house” and allow me to get on with my day. Thank you Lee B

"I ordered a 4 oz can of glue to patch my pool liner. They mailed the wrong item and so I called in. They apologized and said they were going to mail the correct item that day. After another week, I called to ask for a tracking number, and they said the order was still sitting there and they would send it then and would email me the tracking number. I called again the next day when the email never came and low and behold... a nice girl named Alexis actually checks the stock and finds its out of stock and issues me a refund. Meanwhile my pool has needed repair for 2 weeks. I will not be doing business with them every again."

This review was modified by brentpeacher on May 27 2015 10:24:55 AM

"(1) Shipment was slow. I ordered three items all with "ship in 1 business day" on them. But the items were not shipped until almost one week later.

(2) They were out of stock on the color of the item I ordered, and simply substituted another color without notifying me.

(3) When I emailed support about the wrong color item, I get no reply.

Not a pleasant experience.

"BUYER BEWARE!!! Sunplay has cheaper prices on SOME pool equipment, but not on everything. However, always remember the words your parents told you, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!" I first tried Sunplay when purchasing my Pentair pool and spa lights. the price they showed on the website was significantly less expensive than other places, but when I went to check out, the price raised over $75.00. Before continuing to checkout, I contacted Sunplay and explained the dilemma I was encountering. The sales associate, "Bree", told me that the $75.00 extra price was the correct price and that she didn't know why the website first showed a less expensive price. It still came out at about $5.00 less than anyone else so I purchased the lights.

My next purchase from Sunplay was for an Aquabot Breeze 4WD for $589.95. This unit was approximately $10 cheaper than competitors prices (Poolzoom.com has the same item for $599.29). Upon ordering, it stated that I would receive my item in 3-5 business days. It took the entire 5 business days to arrive. Upon receiving the merchandise, the box was completely torn up. When I opened the box, it was extremely apparent that the item was not new, but used, and it was missing parts! It did not even have proper packaging to keep it safe from shipping mishaps. I immediately contacted Sunplay and their excuse was tat the manufacturer, Aquabot, had sent the unit to me and that it comes in that condition because it is "Field Tested" by Aquabot prior to sending it to the consumer. I requested that they send me a new unit via next day air and upon delivering the new unit, they could pick up the used unit. I was told that "The Manufacturer, Aquabot", would not allow this. The Manager, Breagor Hensen offered me a 50% credit on the unit, $50 in-store credit to use as I pleased, the replacement missing parts to be sent to me immediately, and the full 2 year warranty if I kept the unit. I agreed to theses terms.

During this time, I was also in contact with the manufacturer to give them a piece of my mind about sending customers merchandise in that condition. When speaking with Les Calloway from Aquabot, I was informed that they do not ever send merchandise to the consumer directly, that they do not field test the merchandise prior to shipping it. They requested that I send pictures, which I did, and that they were extremely upset that Sunplay would send a customer a refurbished Aquabot item and claim that it was new.

After that, Sunplay refused to give me a 50% credit that Breagor Hensen had promised if I kept the unit and refused to send me a replacement unit. The owner's name is John and he is about as helpful as his 2 employees.

BE WARNED!!! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM SUNPLAY, even if it is slightly less expensive!!!!

In addition, if I could give Sunplay zero stars, I would. Unfortunately, you are required to give at least one star.

**WARNING** DO NOT TRUST SUNPLAY!!! *BUYER BEWARE*

"Buyer beware, they refuse to post negative reviews! I tried three times to post this honest and accurate review:

"We've been using this cover for less than 6 weeks. It's delaminating ALL over the place! This is an exact quote from the Yard Guard site about their solar covers: "Extruded material to eliminate delamination." I wanted an extruded one, so to make absolutely sure before I bought it, I emailed Sunplay and asked very specifically if it was extruded, meaning it was NOT a top and bottom layer. They assured me it was not a top and bottom layer. Well if that was true, we wouldn't be having total delamination right now. And yes, we put a white cover over the cover on the reel the moment we reel it up, so it was never left out on the reel in the sun even for a minute. It is ridiculous that companies are not honest about the products they sell. This cover is garbage and a complete waste of money. I'm mad and I could go on and on, but I think I've made my point. This product is NOT extruded as they claim it is and didn't even last one season. "

All three times they refused to post the review and deleted it instead. Now I know why I did not see any reviews for the solar cover I bought..... they only post positive reviews and there aren't any. God only knows how many negative reviews there would be if they did not delete them. The fact that there were no reviews should have raised red flags but I took a chance and now I am out the $150 I spent.

Do NOT purchase from this company. Or if you do and have a bad experience like alot of people posted here, go ahead and TRY to post a negative review. They won't let you.... you'll see.

Avoid Sunplay!!

This review was modified by doggiemom3 on August 27 2014 07:50:34 AM

"I ordered a Pentair pool pump that was delivered damaged. The damage wasn't uncovered until the pool company pulled it out of the box to install it 2 weeks later. I immediately contacted the company to notify then of the damage. Long story short - I was first offered parts for me to fix it myself. I declined, sent it back for inspection. I was misled by Breagor about them working to resolve the issue. I then did a claim dispute through Visa. The Sunplay company told the Visa representative that they did not have the pump and that I had it. Visa sided with them and I still have no pump. NOW I must pay them again to send me a DAMAGED pump. Buyer beware. Do not purchase from Sunplay. Use a company like AMAZON that stands behind the products they ship. "

This review was modified by M.silveira on August 26 2014 04:50:18 PM

"They advertise a return within 5 day policy to get your money back for defective items. However the apply the warranty on a discretionary basis. I own a pool repair service which has been in business for 30+ years and we are a Pentair warranty repair facility. I ordered a control board for a customer which the day after receiving was deemed defective by Pentair via their pool professional service line. I asked SunPlay to exchange the item and their reply was I must have damaged it on installation. The decision was based on zero evidence since they did not ask for anything but the serial number.

If they treat a pool service professional like this, be careful as a home owner. We have a A rating on Angie's List and 4-1/2 star on Yelp!. I will no longer buy items from SunPlay due to their flaky warranty policy.

This review was modified by chairmanbe58 on August 23 2014 09:09:42 PM

"I ordered a ray pack heater for a propane hook up. After receiving it we noticed it was for gas hook up only. Sun play said it was our mistake and said the best solution was to order a conversion kit from gas to propane. Fine! We pay 200$ and the ordering process began, we have been misled, lied to, given the wrong ups tracking number, and still do not have the part! A month is approaching for a promised overnight order.

At this point, Breagor, has been very apologetic and reassures us that he can order the part from another "horizon" distributor. I think we have been scammed. PleAse do your homework and don't believe this company as they are limited to resourceful suppliers.

This review was modified by Deannasmith on June 16 2014 04:59:40 PM

"Great service and great prices my GO TO place for all my pool needs!"

This review was modified by sb1970 on November 28 2013 08:50:52 AM

"I got pool cleaner, and they post on website $200 rebate,
later on they do not except rebate anymore, this company lie customers, stay away from this company, I did waste my time and money, not worth.

This review was modified by golab02 on November 06 2013 05:45:05 AM

Share Sunplay's store rating

Sunplay is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sunplay is not a merchant member
Sunplay does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!