Stores > Sunlighten.com

Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.75/10 8.75/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10

2016-08-15

Detoxing from Mold Toxin exposure.. this is the answer.

"i just received my Sunlighten Signature 1.. if you need a sauna.Call Matt Williams. I contacted him a couple months ago, and he is educated and patient. I did not plan on upgrading to a Sunlighten brand. i was ready to buy one from Amazon. He took the time to share differences of models with me, and not from a sales pitch " kind of way". I used the sauna for the first time last night. It was really more than I expected. Only took 20 minutes to warm up, and I got a full sweat in about 20 minutes. It is comfortable and I didnt expect the quality of the sound of music. The unit is well made and took my husband and son in law a couple of hours to install. I purchased the sauna after a mold infestation in our home. I unfortunately suffered from toxin exposure. Thank God I learned about infrared detox and the importance of this step. I used to use a sauna blanket which was okay, but it was a pain to get in and out of and you had to wear a sauna suit. Thank you Matt, I am so glad I went with this company. The service has been impeccable.."

2016-07-21

Sunlighten Sauna Leaves You With A Warm Feeling

"SHOPPING
__________

I already knew the Sunlighten sauna from about one year’s use of their mPulse series at a local spa, so I was confident when choosing it over other brands. My purchase was in February 2016.

DELIVERY
_________

The Sunlighten Signature I sauna was delivered quickly but not in perfect condition (see below). Sunlighten uses CEVA Logistics as their freight carrier and the CEVA driver backed into the wall next to my building’s loading dock doing $700 of damage to the masonry. CEVA did cover the damages.

ASSEMBLY
__________

I had minimal trouble singlehandedly assembling the Signature I sauna but it took 3 hours to do it carefully avoiding scratches and disposing of the huge quantity of packaging and boxing materials it came in. Bear in mind that the Sig I is the smallest box sauna they make, it’s for 1 person.

OPTIONAL EXTRAS
_________________

Get the A.R.T. system. It is cool to feel your favorite music vibrating through your body while you’re in the sauna. But beware that Sunlighten’s assembly instructions can be wrong and pre-drilled holes are not where they are supposed to be. There is some white noise distortion in the system after installing A.R.T. even after ensuring the wires are snug and properly connected. The Blaupunkt sound system is one of the best features of the product even if you don’t opt for the A.R.T. upgrade. Think high-end car audio system.

Do NOT buy the Chromotherapy colored light system from Sunlighten. I was able to find the exact same LED bulbs with remote control on Groupon for $12. Compare to $149-159 for the same feature from Sunlighten. That’s quite a mark-up! Whether you buy from Staples, Amazon, or Groupon, make sure you order the correct bulb base fitting as it is not the standard threaded kind but the two prong type.

I purchased the bamboo carbon towels set but they were backordered. I received some of the towels a little over a month after purchase but now in July I am still waiting for the rest to arrive, 5 months later. The ones that did arrive are wonderfully soft and stand up to regular washing and drying well. I use my sauna several times per week so everything is getting thoroughly tried and tested!

DOWNSIDES
___________

The glass door, right out of the box, was smeared with a layer of some kind of chemical that had to be carefully scraped off. Sunlighten reimbursed me for the cost of having this repair done.

The bench was very difficult to fit into the assembled sauna and caused some permanent indentations on the side panels.

A bag of assorted fuses arrived a few months after purchase with a diagram and link to an online video showing how to install them with the warning that failure to install voids warranty. The installation is easy if you are a licensed electrician.

Be sure to ASK when you place your order whether any items are back ordered. The wait in my case has now reached 5 months.

Keep track of your Sunlighten store credits! If your friend buys a Sunlighten the company does not notify you of having the $100 credit so you may need to be proactive about claiming it. A friend of mine purchased the mPulse Conquer two months ago.

SUMMARY
_________

I am pleased with my Sunlighten sauna and get regular use out of it. It clearly does help with certain health conditions and it’s far more comfortable to use than a traditional dry sauna. My electric bill did not skyrocket and it does not overheat my bedroom. The warm-up to operating temp takes about 45 minutes but that’s because I like it hot. I recommend this product with the above cautions.

2016-05-17

Healthly Sweat

"There is nothing like a great daily sauna to start your day but not just any sauna. Only a Far Infrared sauna provides many healthy attributes besides just enjoying a great sauna. And Sunlighten has, in my professional opinion, the best Far Infrared sauna on the market. Reasonably priced, very easy to put together in a short time and loaded with features. Extremely well built, actually very portable, beautiful lighting, great stereo CD player- sound system and very attractive as well as very comfortable.
As a licensed physician I highly recommend Sunlighten's Far Infrared sauna to everyone who is interested in maintaining a great health regimem.
Dr Doug Valentine

This review was modified by drvhaley on May 17 2016 02:02:03 PM

2016-03-17

RE: Unexpected health benefits

"When I bought the solo unit I was using it to get rid of heavy metals in my body. I was using it for 1 hour a day, every day for over a month. Around day 31 a strange think happened. Although the sauna was about 135 degrees, I started to have cold chills and experiencing waves of anxiety. This happened for 3 straight days every time I used the sauna on days 31, 32 and 33. I was a little nervous the first time it happened and then realized I was going through an emotional catharsis. At the time this happened I was going through a divorce.

The body and mind are one. Emotions can be stored in different parts of the body. The sauna was relaxing
muscules that never relaxed. When those muscles relaxed the negative emotions stored in that part of the
body were released. This was not a placebo effect since I did not expect this. I only bought the
sauna to rid my body of heavy metals.
Bob, NYC

This review was modified by marshiker on March 17 2016 09:49:11 AM

2015-11-27

"I recently purchased my third sauna from Sunlighten for my wellness center and as in the past, I was very pleased and impressed. The service received from the point of initial order through delivery and installation is always outstanding. Sarah Wickens and Mary Fisher are especially knowledgeable and very helpful in the selection process and ensuring the transaction and entire process goes smoothly. The customer service and technical department is always available and helpful with any questions and guidance needed during installation or for questions thereafter. The sauna itself is beautiful and very high quality. I want my clients to have the best and Sunlighten is the only company I would consider for my infrared sauna system needs. My clients absolutely love the sauna and so do I. I couldn't be happier."

2015-11-20

"Andrea and the sunlighten team were so helpful and informative during the purchase process. They answered all my annoying questions ;) and were patient with me as I took my time to make a decision. My solo system arrives next week and I can't wait! "

2015-11-20

"We have purchased 2 Infrared Sauna's from Sunlighten for our Apartment Communities in Overland Park Kansas. The experience with the Sales staff has been amazing and the attention to detail and our needs has been exceptional. We love our product."

This review was modified by cwilliams9201 on November 20 2015 07:23:41 AM

2015-09-12

"We purchased a Sunlighten Aspire Sauna about a month ago and absolutely love it! It was easy to install in our home and required no extra tools. We have been using our sauna daily and are already noticing the difference in how we feel. I am a breast cancer survivor and since I finished chemotherapy over 4 years ago, I have had to deal with some major side effects. These include neuropathy issues in my hands and feet and joint pain; our new sauna as well as my exercise regime are both vital necessities to help me overcome these side effects. The infrared rays are so different than a traditional steam sauna; I would not be able to stay in a steam sauna for a 30 or 45 minute session but I have no issue completing a 45 minute session in our new infrared sauna. One of the features we love about our new sauna are the preset programs. We can chose from pain relief, detox, weight loss, cardio and anti-aging preset programs. We are challenged by technology so this feature has enabled us to get the most out of our sauna right from the start. Just this week I started scheduling my sauna sessions for when I wake up in the morning. My alarm goes off at 6:15 and the sauna is already preheated and starting my session without any input from me. LOVE IT!!! We also love the display screen that contains a variety of applications. We can watch a DVD, Netflix or check out our Facebook page while we are in a session.....and the quality of the stereo and sound system is excellent. I want to thank Sunlighten for developing such a high quality product and also for the excellent customer service we received from Sam from the beginning to the end of our purchase. We feel strongly that this is an investment in our future health and well being and it has been worth every dollar we have spent. After all, can you really put a price on your future health and quality of life? We don't think so!"

2015-04-17

"Sunlighten Sauna is fantastic. I shopped for a LONG time before choosing to make a purchase of this nature. I am "working class" so this was a very extravagant thing for me to decide to invest in. My sauna is my most favorite material possession. The benefits I get from it are wonderful. I love the product. The high end quality can be found no place else! I have had my Signature III for almost 2 years and every time I use it I feel like a new person. I just called today to customer care for a bit of help and as always I was treated with kindness and given the full-attention of the representative. I love it. I would recommend them to anyone interested in purchasing a sauna."

2015-04-13

"I recently purchased the Sunlighten Signature I Sauna and am very happy with my purchase. It was quickly delivered and was very easy for two people to assemble. The construction was of very good quality. I love my sauna and plan to use it almost every day. "

2015-03-30

"The sauna was delivered on time and in very nice packaging. Assembly was quite easy with two people. You do need someone strong to lift up the panels and set them into place while another person watches to make sure no wires are caught anywhere. The walls are very secure once up. I do recommend putting in a dedicated circuit to plug into and get maximum amps to heat this baby up. The week before, I had injured my shoulder working out, and it was very painful. After three sessions in the sauna, the pain was completely gone, and I resumed my workouts. It has also made a huge impact on stiffness and soreness from being 57 years old. I sleep better, move better, and my skin is nicer. I like to take a quart of water in to drink during an hour long sauna. The water stays cold throughout the session, and so does my phone. I use it to plug into the stereo for music. The only complaint I have is that the lower half of my body doesn't sweat. you really need to be close to the panels to get the full effect of the heat. The floor panel doesn't get very hot. "

2015-02-04

"I have never written a review on anything but I felt I needed to write this one. We bought a mPluze in Dec. 2014, we were to receive it on the 31st. We received the sauna a week later. With the holiday season and the winter weather we could over look that. Then when we did receive the sauna we were really disappointed to find out that the control panel had been left out of it. We called and of course the sales person apologized and said he would send one out right away. So yet another delay. We finally get the control panel and for sure this time we would finally be able to have a sauna. No, the back panel wouldn't heat up so again another call to Sunlighten. The service tech called and tried to help us, me taking pictures and him trying to figure out what was going on but after some time my husband was getting tired and it didn't look like we were getting any where with it, my husband and the service tech decided the best thing would be to send out another panel. Us thinking that all the wires etc...would be with the panel. No we received the panel and we have to transfer all the wires from one panel to another. I don't know how anyone else feels but I figure after paying $5500.00 Canadian we shouldn't have to be doing any of this. We are not electricians. We paid so all we would have to do is put it together and enjoy all the health benefits. We asked if they could please just send us a new one after all the troubles we have had with this one and the manager said that is not what they have to do under their warranty. The fellow I was talking with said he would call us back with some kind of solution. It's now been 3 hours and still no call. I know other people have had great service and experience but beware the 3% (their number) who get sent faulty saunas. I do have to wonder who is inspecting them with all the mistakes on ours."

Rep reply posted Feb-24-2015

A rep from Sunlighten.com, sunlighten, has responded

“I am pleased to learn that your matter has been resolved via Sunlighten’s customer care team. Sunlighten is committed to delivering the very best in product quality and customer service as we want to make a difference in our customers' lives. We deliver this gold standard to thousands of customers each year and apologize that you did not have the positive initial experience we strive for. However, our commitment to every customer keeps us dedicated and determined to make any issue right. I am glad to know you are on your way to enjoying the many health benefits of Sunlighten’s full spectrum infrared therapy.”

2014-08-22

"We purchased a used Sunlight sauna that needed a few parts. I called Sunlighten and they were very helpful in getting the circuit boards I needed, and at a reasonable price. I was pleasantly surprised by their customer service and that we were still able to service our discontinued sauna."

2014-05-20

"I was a bit nervous after reading some of the negative reviews, but after deciding to purchase the MPulse (biggest model), I had to write and at least comment on the review indicating how difficult the sauna was to put together. When the sauna arrived, it is a big sauna. However, everything fit together perfectly.

My entire family has been using the sauna for a month, and we absolutely love it. My teenage girls insist on the skin care program so they can get the near infrared (they think it’s like the red light you can do at spas). I think we all look better because of using the sauna. We also love the DVD player. My kids relax with their ipods, while my wife and I prefer a DVD we got from Hawaii showing relaxing ocean waves and associated sounds.

So what is my favorite feature of the sauna? The Cedar aroma is BY FAR my favorite feature. I hope this doesn’t fade after time, but love to open the door after using it to let the aroma permeate the room. We have a nice hot tub, and enjoy using it as well. However, if we had to pick just one, there is no question I would keep the sauna. We love relaxing on the amazing contoured bench enjoying the cedar aroma, and listening to the waves roll up on the beach. To me, it is the ultimate staycation. I hope if you order a sauna, that you will enjoy it as much as our family does.

2014-05-15

"About 2 1/2 years ago, I had chemotherapy and radiation for 4 months that resulted in me not being able to walk. I ended up having to use a wheel chair. I had developed what is referred to as chemo-induced neuropathy and the pain was almost intolerable! I was unable to sleep properly, always waking up with pain and my feet and legs were ALWAYS so very cold regardless of how warm the temperature was.
I was desperate to find a way to help myself and found myself being 'led' to explore the benefits of using infra-red heat. I searched the various options available and decided on the Sunlighten Solo Pad. I made a very wise choice when I contacted Sunlighten!
Firstly, this I must say, is that Natalie at Sunlighten has been most helpful and patient with me, answering all my questions, and standing by me! I was feeling so very ill (with my condition) and I am sure that I must have repeated my questions to her a number of times, yet she was always so kind and patient with me! I also compliment Amir who, along with Natalie 'came through for me' whenever I had any problems. I have yet to experience such dedicated customer service anywhere else!
I am pleased to say that I am now walking, albeit not too fast, and I continue to improve with each passing week. I no longer wake up during the night from having pain in my legs and feet and, my feet feel cozy and comfortable!
i am so grateful to have the Sunlighten Solo Pad!
I am most grateful to Natalie and Amir who seemed to sense and understand how very ill I was.
I am grateful to the company and all who are involved in the production and marketing of this marvelous product!
Thank you, again and again!

Share Sunlighten.com's store rating

Sunlighten.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Sunlighten.com is a merchant member
Sunlighten.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,630 merchant members.