• Summit Racing E

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.21/10 3.21/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.08/10 2.08/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.86/10 2.86/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"I ordered an ATK Marine 4.3 engine for $2209 + $125 core and Free Shipping. No problems and engine was delivered freight on time. No issues. When I called Summit to arrange the core pickup, they told me I had to pay the return freight. Return freight on an engine core is more than the $125 core charge. What's the point, I asked the CSR. He said that's our policy. I complained enough that he credited me $75 of my core charge, which I appreciated. However, no where in there shipping information does it mention that the consumer is responsible for the core return shipping charges. What a great way to charge the consumer an extra $125 knowing the consumer won't pay the return shipping on the core. I will never buy another item from Summit Racing again."

"I ordered a 900$ kit from summit racing.was missing peices so i called they explained to me that i ordered the wrong kit.but i didnt ,i ordered the right kit they just had it labeled wrong on theyre site they refused to refund me the money for the missing part and didnt want to send me the missing part which they carry. Silly thing the kit from both are the same price. I finally said im done.had to contact the vendor who realized they were wrong and they sent me the correct part.steer clear of these guys they screw up its on u they told me theyre disclaimer will keep themfree from any errors they do. Thats theyre customer service ...garbage"

"Purchased a set of American Racing Wheels last March. One of the plastic covers on a center cap has started to peel off. Called Summit to-day to find out if they covered this problem or if I should call A/R. The gentleman said that Summit did not stock the caps. He put me on hold, called A/R and had them ship me the cap at no charge.
Excellent customer service, could not be happier with Summit service, return customer for sure.
I was NOT prompted by Summit for this review

"Ordered a crate engine said they had two in stock 2 days later they call me back with some credit card crap about my billing address still haven't received the engine but they have my money don't believe anything you read or anything they tell you this is a bunch of liars"

This review was modified by bartohob on July 05 2015 11:19:46 AM

"I did an order for my '74 fury for a total amount greater than $500 and also paid $50 extra for 1 day shipping. In a few hours I noticed that my order doesn't appear in my profile so I contacted summit support team, then they said me that there was a problem with my credit card billing information and due to that my order can't be shipped, I agree to update the billing address and accept the second day shipping. Next day I contacted again support team and they told me that the order wasn't shipped because the sales team must contacted me to confirm my new billing address!!!

In any time summit tried to contact me, so in conclusion, If i didn't do the summit's sales & support team maybe I still be waiting for my 1 day shipping

"I have used Summit all the time while building my off road rig. Maybe its because I live in SC and they have a warehouse in GA, but I have received almost everything next day no matter what shipping option I choose. They are always so fast.
One time a part I ordered didnt work, so they sent me a new one day of. Their customer service and quality has always impressed me.

This review was modified by cabenso on June 17 2015 06:14:47 AM

"Fell for their "Next day shipping" gimmick. I ordered two 4.3 vortec long blocks. Little over $4000 dollars. Its been close to a week now and no shipping notice. I did contact via email and got an answer on Friday evening that they were ready to ship but didn't have a tracking number assigned yet. But would go out that evening and would be up to 4 days before I get them. Their ad says shipping same or next day. Free shipping and I should receive them in 1 to 2 days. My customers are so far being understanding, but that wont last long if its another week before I get them. My last dealings with this company. I could have drove up to MO. at ATK and picked them up myself if I had of known it was going to such a cluster ****. Thumbs down in all areas. BTW, the $4000 was taken out of my account that day I ordered them...so they got my money. I hope I get engines soon. "

"I spent Thousands at this place.but no more.. I orded a B&M 350 tran...worked my a$$ off to put it in. and it worked fine.till you stoped then tran fliud would run out of the front pump. it had a stripe out bout in it summit was no help ..told me I must have installed it wronge....well take it out and box it up and ship it back and we will send you a other one to try......never again.VERY POOR CUSTOM SERVICE..."

"i like the products for the most part , the promise they make on delivery dates and customer service absolutely suck , snotty better than anyone service is not the way , and 10 days after on half the order is bothering , but understandable i guess , considering they do not have it all in stock , i just feel that i should shop elsewhere for my parts considering the way they treat you when you have questions"

"Absolutely the best, fastest service I have ever seen, and the parts were absolutely correct, I will definitely shop here again, and I'll tell everybody to shop at Summit "

This review was modified by swank65 on March 03 2015 02:52:13 PM

"I ordered a part from them and it has been 23 days and they still have not shipped out the item and cant even tell me when it will go out.. i am pissed "

This review was modified by jersyryder100cc on February 24 2015 04:53:01 PM

"I will never use this company again - don't believe anything they post about shipping and returning a item - they charged me double to return a item that I shipped back, what a rupoff"

"I was looking to buy THY-716Y-SS and their site was not allowing it to be sold in California. I worked with live chat people, then with the phone support and presented them the document from California Air Resource Board confirming that part is ok. Everyone I talked to agreed that they should be able to sell it to me, and they just need to talk to the people who can fix the site and they will get back to me ... Well a few days and a few calls later, it went to nowhere. They still can't find the people to fix the site, can't sell over the phone, so a lot of over promised and under delivered. Wasted a lot of time and very disappointed."

"Summit Racing deletes negative and poor ratings of products. Customer service says too bad your stuck with a car cover that is supposed to be water proof and instead absorbs water like a sponge. Summit customer reps said Noah car covers from cover craft are not under warranty; that's bull. Stay away from summit racing its a scam."

"Horrible customer service. I ordered from their site and they said the item would ship next day. Over a week later, no contact from them and no tracking number. I called customer service and was told the item was on back order for another month and a half. They had no intention of letting me know and had already charged me for the item. When I asked them for a refund they said it would take another week for that."

This review was modified by aravenbeauty on December 15 2014 11:02:47 AM

Share Summit Racing Equipment's store rating

Summit Racing Equipment is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Summit Racing Equipment is not a merchant member
Summit Racing Equipment does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!