• Summit Racing E

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.25/10 2.25/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.13/10 3.13/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.75/10 1.75/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10

"I ordered a part from them and it has been 23 days and they still have not shipped out the item and cant even tell me when it will go out.. i am pissed "

modified review This review was modified by jersyryder100cc on February 24 2015 04:53:01 PM

"I will never use this company again - don't believe anything they post about shipping and returning a item - they charged me double to return a item that I shipped back, what a rupoff"

"I was looking to buy THY-716Y-SS and their site was not allowing it to be sold in California. I worked with live chat people, then with the phone support and presented them the document from California Air Resource Board confirming that part is ok. Everyone I talked to agreed that they should be able to sell it to me, and they just need to talk to the people who can fix the site and they will get back to me ... Well a few days and a few calls later, it went to nowhere. They still can't find the people to fix the site, can't sell over the phone, so a lot of over promised and under delivered. Wasted a lot of time and very disappointed."

"Summit Racing deletes negative and poor ratings of products. Customer service says too bad your stuck with a car cover that is supposed to be water proof and instead absorbs water like a sponge. Summit customer reps said Noah car covers from cover craft are not under warranty; that's bull. Stay away from summit racing its a scam."

"Horrible customer service. I ordered from their site and they said the item would ship next day. Over a week later, no contact from them and no tracking number. I called customer service and was told the item was on back order for another month and a half. They had no intention of letting me know and had already charged me for the item. When I asked them for a refund they said it would take another week for that."

modified review This review was modified by aravenbeauty on December 15 2014 11:02:47 AM

"I have bought from Summit many times and I have always been satisfied. They have an incredibly wide variety of automotive equipment, parts, tools, tires, you name it. While their prices might not always be the lowest, they are still competitive and very customer friendly. Good quality parts and equipment with detailed web pages so you know what you're buying. Shipping is always quick and reliable. I usually get my orders in 1-2 days. "

"This was my first order using Summit and was hoping it went OK, but got excellence! My car needed a whole new Ford Racing suspension, so I ordered it on a Sat night and received it early Tues morning. Not only did Summit have the lowest price, they also shipped for free and in only 2 days! I will definitely be using Summit Racing for future purchases!"

" I used Summit Racing as one of my favorite sources for my complete resto-mod on my 68 ss camaro. Problem is I orderd 2 parts wrong, my mistake, payment was promply credited for cost, problem is 1 used a fifty dollar gift card, I expected possibly a store credit minus return shipping cost. When I called to check I was told that value of gift card was gone. Very poor way to treat a coustomer that spent thousands. I have spent my last buck at summit. "

modified review This review was modified by pcriswell on October 20 2014 10:45:59 AM

"Bought headers for my sons 92 Ramcharger on Ebay, e tried to install them, and they were wrong. Got ahold of customer service, they admitted that the aplication chart was a misprint and the headers only fit up through 91. They told me to send them back for a refund , knowing I tried to install them. When they got them, they decided that since i ruined the gaskets and lost a couple bolts that they would not give me back my money.. am now going through paypal to tryand get my money back these jack%$#s will never see another dime from me"

Summit Racing Equipment User

"Took 9 days to get a part that was less than 250 miles from home. Waited on phone for over 45 mins only to be disconnected somehow....hmmm.
This place is a joke and won't last much longer. I should have listened to my friends, they warned me to not do business with these people. Oh well, lesson learned.

"I ordered a part for my '79 Firebird, the part did not fit when they said it would, I sent it back for my "Full Refund" and when I was credited I saw to my shock that they took an $8.50 fee just to ship it back, I got a hold of customer service where they were extremely rude and told me it cost them over $20 just to ship the product to me, which is probably becuase they used a box that was three times the size of the part and the part weighed less than 6lbs. The shipping time to get from them to my house was horrid and then the whole issue with it not fitting, returns and customer service has told me that Summit Racing is full of crap! I will never buy anything from them ever again! They can take their parts and their $8.50 return fee and shove it where the sun don't shine!"

modified review This review was modified by whittonca on August 06 2014 11:32:04 AM

"Would rate them in the negatives if possible. Customer support is rude and unhelpful. They sent me a part they were not supposed to and refused to pay for return shipping for it. Will NEVER deal with this company again. Order from Jegs or someplace else."

"ordered 3 things from summit and 2 were wrong. called customer service waited 20 minutes on the phone, never got through. called the next morning and one guy passed me to another, consensus is that the exhaust system I ordered, that was surely to fit, doesn't fit and it's the manufacture's fault. got snippy with me and says ship it back. we'll send another. the first 1 doesn't fit why would the 2nd. I am very dissatisfied with summit. very poor customer service, very poor product line. all we do is sell the stuff we don't make he says, it's suppose to fit he says. well I'm sending it back along with an oil pan gasket for the same truck that doesn't use one. he says we've given you all the options send it back. yeah!!! mean while my truck sits on a hoist with no exhaust. that doesn't seem to matter to them. will not do business with summit again. i'll try autozone, at least you expect things like this to happen there."

"I specifically asked and was told my DJM control arms will ship the night before OK LAST NIGHT. (yada yada)... I paid the next day air,raced home and no F%%#^&@*#^part?? Called up was issued the next day air fee back to my card only to find out in 4 freaking days will I see the credit and add insult to injury summit phone operators were clueless as to where or why my shipment was held up. Now it will be 6 days until I get my part.I NEEDED THAT PART TODAY!FALSE ADVERTISING someone was asleep at the wheel. "Oh it was the part supplier" Very misleading company, What a let down from them. So watch what happens if I need to return a 40 pound box how much will that cost me.I really thought I was dealing with pro's."

modified review This review was modified by Nissan300z on April 08 2014 03:53:11 PM

"Great company! I received my intake with one of the boots to connect it missing and they resolved the problem the next day with Volant and got it shipped out to me by a deadline that I needed it by. Great guys and customer service is super knowledgeable. "

modified review This review was modified by bournes251 on March 28 2014 09:30:26 AM

Share Summit Racing Equipment's store rating

Summit Racing Equipment is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Summit Racing Equipment is not a merchant member
Summit Racing Equipment does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!