Product & services pricing Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10

"This was my first order using Summit and was hoping it went OK, but got excellence! My car needed a whole new Ford Racing suspension, so I ordered it on a Sat night and received it early Tues morning. Not only did Summit have the lowest price, they also shipped for free and in only 2 days! I will definitely be using Summit Racing for future purchases!"

" I used Summit Racing as one of my favorite sources for my complete resto-mod on my 68 ss camaro. Problem is I orderd 2 parts wrong, my mistake, payment was promply credited for cost, problem is 1 used a fifty dollar gift card, I expected possibly a store credit minus return shipping cost. When I called to check I was told that value of gift card was gone. Very poor way to treat a coustomer that spent thousands. I have spent my last buck at summit. "

modified review This review was modified by pcriswell on October 20 2014 10:45:59 AM

"Bought headers for my sons 92 Ramcharger on Ebay, e tried to install them, and they were wrong. Got ahold of customer service, they admitted that the aplication chart was a misprint and the headers only fit up through 91. They told me to send them back for a refund , knowing I tried to install them. When they got them, they decided that since i ruined the gaskets and lost a couple bolts that they would not give me back my money.. am now going through paypal to tryand get my money back these jack%$#s will never see another dime from me"

Summit Racing Equipment User

"Took 9 days to get a part that was less than 250 miles from home. Waited on phone for over 45 mins only to be disconnected somehow....hmmm.
This place is a joke and won't last much longer. I should have listened to my friends, they warned me to not do business with these people. Oh well, lesson learned.

"I ordered a part for my '79 Firebird, the part did not fit when they said it would, I sent it back for my "Full Refund" and when I was credited I saw to my shock that they took an $8.50 fee just to ship it back, I got a hold of customer service where they were extremely rude and told me it cost them over $20 just to ship the product to me, which is probably becuase they used a box that was three times the size of the part and the part weighed less than 6lbs. The shipping time to get from them to my house was horrid and then the whole issue with it not fitting, returns and customer service has told me that Summit Racing is full of crap! I will never buy anything from them ever again! They can take their parts and their $8.50 return fee and shove it where the sun don't shine!"

modified review This review was modified by whittonca on August 06 2014 11:32:04 AM

"Would rate them in the negatives if possible. Customer support is rude and unhelpful. They sent me a part they were not supposed to and refused to pay for return shipping for it. Will NEVER deal with this company again. Order from Jegs or someplace else."

"ordered 3 things from summit and 2 were wrong. called customer service waited 20 minutes on the phone, never got through. called the next morning and one guy passed me to another, consensus is that the exhaust system I ordered, that was surely to fit, doesn't fit and it's the manufacture's fault. got snippy with me and says ship it back. we'll send another. the first 1 doesn't fit why would the 2nd. I am very dissatisfied with summit. very poor customer service, very poor product line. all we do is sell the stuff we don't make he says, it's suppose to fit he says. well I'm sending it back along with an oil pan gasket for the same truck that doesn't use one. he says we've given you all the options send it back. yeah!!! mean while my truck sits on a hoist with no exhaust. that doesn't seem to matter to them. will not do business with summit again. i'll try autozone, at least you expect things like this to happen there."

"I specifically asked and was told my DJM control arms will ship the night before OK LAST NIGHT. (yada yada)... I paid the next day air,raced home and no F%%#^&@*#^part?? Called up was issued the next day air fee back to my card only to find out in 4 freaking days will I see the credit and add insult to injury summit phone operators were clueless as to where or why my shipment was held up. Now it will be 6 days until I get my part.I NEEDED THAT PART TODAY!FALSE ADVERTISING someone was asleep at the wheel. "Oh it was the part supplier" Very misleading company, What a let down from them. So watch what happens if I need to return a 40 pound box how much will that cost me.I really thought I was dealing with pro's."

modified review This review was modified by Nissan300z on April 08 2014 03:53:11 PM

"Great company! I received my intake with one of the boots to connect it missing and they resolved the problem the next day with Volant and got it shipped out to me by a deadline that I needed it by. Great guys and customer service is super knowledgeable. "

modified review This review was modified by bournes251 on March 28 2014 09:30:26 AM

"Bought a SUM-908300GA engine stand,the geared model. Had a bad weld on the first one which Summit promptly replaced with a new one (UPS on the other hand let it sit at their freight facility for 3 days before putting it on a truck for delivery). The new one had a broken grease zerk which jammed in my grease coupler. Ended up having to by a set of easy-outs, a new coupler and new zerks. Not the biggest problem in the world, but makes me wonder about putting my engine on an 0for2 stand. Sent Summit an email about the defective zerk but don't expect that will get me any where. Problems ended up costing me 3 weeks on my project."

modified review This review was modified by Cooltooler on December 03 2013 06:39:27 PM

"Generally, Summit as good prices but I just got burned by their return policy. Apparently they believe you should be able to tell if a part fits before you try to install it in your car. They state that if the part is installed and does not do what you expected it to do, you can not return it."

modified review This review was modified by 56john on December 05 2013 06:02:33 AM

"Beware of false advertising by Summit Racing Equipment. I purchased a Linclon Stick Welder which stated it was sold as a kit and included free shipping. Guess what, neither one was true. I got a call from a trucking company (Pitt-Ohio) stating they had a delivery of a welder and that I would owe &172.00 upon delivery. I said no way am I paying for delivery so hold off until I call Summit. To their credit they did picking up the shipping cost after numerous calls. The website was then changed to freight delivery charges apply so they did correct that mistake. Another issue was that it listed and still lists all the items included with the welder on their website. None of the extras where with it when it arrived. I called and questioned the customer service representative and asked where the extras in the advertised kit were and I was told he called Lincoln and they said they don’t offer a kit like that. I asked why it was advertised like that and he blamed Lincoln because they use their (Lincoln’s) info on Summit’s web site. What a crock! Below is what was and still is advertised as in the kit:
(Additional features and benefits include:

* Insulated electrode holder and cable
* Heavy-duty work clamp and cable
* Lightweight headshield with lenses (was NOT with the welder as advertised)
* Sample pack of electrodes (was NOT with the welder as advertised)
* Helpful welder's guide (was NOT with the welder as advertised)
* Input cable with attached plug
* Welding helmet (was NOT with the welder as advertised)
* Wheel kit (K1170-4) (was NOT with the welder as advertised)
* Welding gloves (K1170-4) (was NOT with the welder as advertised)

modified review This review was modified by luckers60 on November 13 2013 06:06:20 AM

"Almost all of my parts were from summit racing and 3 of them have crapped out so far. The first was my "tough stuff" mini starter(apparently a rebadged proform), which died after a handful of starts. They have changed manufacturers and the shop that builds their stage I transmissions uses crappy chinese parts, including the front pump, which grenaded last week and shredded the unit and torque converter.

The part is on it's way back to summit however they DO NOT cover labor or incidentals, which means (you guessed it) I now get to go significantly over budget to get my car back in order. Joy.

I probably won't be doing business with them again. It's sad because I've bought from them for years. I know it says in their warranty they dont cover labor. I just wish that meant they provided a product I could rely on, but one of the guys answering their phones told me "Most of our customers do it themselves". I guess that means providing an inferior product doesn't matter that much if you have a lift and a garage.

Also, aside from one gentleman I was eventually directed to, the phone staff is rude and unhelpful. They treat you like you're trying to cheat them.

modified review This review was modified by LeadSled78 on October 09 2013 11:35:19 AM

"I'm convinced summit is only still around because old timers recognize the name. Placed an order for items that they said were in stock, then waited three weeks to get them. If you can't tell me truthfully whether your items are in stock or not, don't post it on the webpage! I always call now to verify with whatever company I buy parts from."

"Loved these guys till they started delaying and canceling orders. And their telephone support is rude and slow. What is going on?"

modified review This review was modified by Nathaninthestates on August 01 2013 08:18:42 PM

Summit Racing Equipment is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Summit Racing Equipment is not a merchant member
Summit Racing Equipment does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!