• Rating 3.33/10 44 reviews

Summit Racing Equipment is not a merchant member
    Summit Racing Equipment does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Summit Racing Equipment contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

"Great company! I received my intake with one of the boots to connect it missing and they resolved the problem the next day with Volant and got it shipped out to me by a deadline that I needed it by. Great guys and customer service is super knowledgeable. "

modified review This review was modified by bournes251 on March 28 2014 09:30:26 AM

"Generally, Summit as good prices but I just got burned by their return policy. Apparently they believe you should be able to tell if a part fits before you try to install it in your car. They state that if the part is installed and does not do what you expected it to do, you can not return it."

modified review This review was modified by 56john on December 05 2013 06:02:33 AM

"Beware of false advertising by Summit Racing Equipment. I purchased a Linclon Stick Welder which stated it was sold as a kit and included free shipping. Guess what, neither one was true. I got a call from a trucking company (Pitt-Ohio) stating they had a delivery of a welder and that I would owe &172.00 upon delivery. I said no way am I paying for delivery so hold off until I call Summit. To their credit they did picking up the shipping cost after numerous calls. The website was then changed to freight delivery charges apply so they did correct that mistake. Another issue was that it listed and still lists all the items included with the welder on their website. None of the extras where with it when it arrived. I called and questioned the customer service representative and asked where the extras in the advertised kit were and I was told he called Lincoln and they said they don’t offer a kit like that. I asked why it was advertised like that and he blamed Lincoln because they use their (Lincoln’s) info on Summit’s web site. What a crock! Below is what was and still is advertised as in the kit:
(Additional features and benefits include:

* Insulated electrode holder and cable
* Heavy-duty work clamp and cable
* Lightweight headshield with lenses (was NOT with the welder as advertised)
* Sample pack of electrodes (was NOT with the welder as advertised)
* Helpful welder's guide (was NOT with the welder as advertised)
* Input cable with attached plug
* Welding helmet (was NOT with the welder as advertised)
* Wheel kit (K1170-4) (was NOT with the welder as advertised)
* Welding gloves (K1170-4) (was NOT with the welder as advertised)

modified review This review was modified by luckers60 on November 13 2013 06:06:20 AM

"Almost all of my parts were from summit racing and 3 of them have crapped out so far. The first was my "tough stuff" mini starter(apparently a rebadged proform), which died after a handful of starts. They have changed manufacturers and the shop that builds their stage I transmissions uses crappy chinese parts, including the front pump, which grenaded last week and shredded the unit and torque converter.

The part is on it's way back to summit however they DO NOT cover labor or incidentals, which means (you guessed it) I now get to go significantly over budget to get my car back in order. Joy.

I probably won't be doing business with them again. It's sad because I've bought from them for years. I know it says in their warranty they dont cover labor. I just wish that meant they provided a product I could rely on, but one of the guys answering their phones told me "Most of our customers do it themselves". I guess that means providing an inferior product doesn't matter that much if you have a lift and a garage.

Also, aside from one gentleman I was eventually directed to, the phone staff is rude and unhelpful. They treat you like you're trying to cheat them.

modified review This review was modified by LeadSled78 on October 09 2013 11:35:19 AM

"I'm convinced summit is only still around because old timers recognize the name. Placed an order for items that they said were in stock, then waited three weeks to get them. If you can't tell me truthfully whether your items are in stock or not, don't post it on the webpage! I always call now to verify with whatever company I buy parts from."

"I placed several orders since 2011 and got them without any troubles. Often I use their catalog as a guide to check the availability and price of performance parts. But of course you should check all part numbers by the OEM catalogs. They carry a lot of small but great brands like Performance Distributors (Davis Unified Ignition), Strange Engineering, Ratech and so on
The upgrading of any vehicle is not an easy deal so many thanks them for the supporting of marketplace

"I have been a loyal Summit Racing customer and supporter for more than a decade. Until now, they have always corrected any problems in a timely matter. Sadly, Summit Racing waited until my most expensive purchase ($9000, ZZ502 create engine) to refuse to make good on a product problem NOT of my making

In March 2011, I purchased a ZZ502 create engine. Soon after installation and running the engine for short periods, the starter would no longer engage with the flywheel properly and we couldn’t restart the motor. Following several weeks and hundreds of dollars attempting to resolve the starter issue - new starter gears, shims and a custom built starter by a local expert - the actual issue was discovered. Unfortunately, the new create engine was defective and had or either developed cracks where the starter attaches to the block.
During the 2011 period we had extensive discussion with Summit tech reps, who concluded that there was,”….too much torque from the starter.” The result; I was left to repair the crack on my own at my own expense. During the wielding prep (grinding out crack) for ZZ502 cracked block repair process, the wielder, with more than thirty years of experience, found a “sand hole” in the affected area. We relayed this information to Summit tech folks and they asked for proof. The block had already been wielded and “sand hole,” photos were not possible. I offered to send a letter from the wielder, but Summit tech wanted photos. Once again, I was compelled, after months of delay, many man-hours of effort and hundreds of additional dollars, to act on my own to find a way to restart the engine to complete the project.

Throughout my past dealings with Summit Racing, they always made complaints right in a timely manner. Not this time. The Summit Racing representatives were not going to go out of their way to try to fix or resolve my problem. I’m sure Summit Racing Team wouldn’t install an engine with a repair wield of a defective cracked block. Yet that was Summit Racing’s resolution to my complaint – “Sorry, fix it yourself and drive it.” I expected better. At the time, Summit Racing did offer and did send another starter as, I guess, a gesture of good will.

On November 1, 2012, after 20 months of trying to resolve an issue caused by a defective $9000 ZZ502 create engine, I sent a letter of complaint to Paul Sergi, Chief Executive Officer of Summit Racing Equipment in Tallmadge, Ohio, hoping that my letter would bring suggestions for resolution. Unfortunately, the response to my letter was as disappointing as all of the interactions I have had along the way.

I was hoping that Summit Racing would accept my recent letter in the same spirit of fairness that I intended to convey and was looking forward to a reply with any suggestions for resolution of my complaint. What I received was more of an insult, rather than a resolution. During several recent phone conversations regarding my letter of complaint, I was repeatedly told that “I had no proof;” or “Summit Racing did offer and did send another starter.” Again and again during these conversations I pointed out that, “Rather than sending me another starter I didn’t ask for:”
• I should have been offered a new/replacement engine.
• I would have appreciated an offer of a refund or a rebate.
• I could have been offered some compensation for my expenses to repair a problem caused by a defective product sold to me by Summit Racing.

After some time, I received a final phone call from Summit offering me $300.00 followed by a Legal Release to be signed in order to receive compensation for my expenses to repair a problem caused by a defective product sold to me by Summit Racing. This is what happens when you get lawyers involved in Customer Service.

Some have argued that the quality and level of customer service has decreased in recent years, and that this can be attributed to a lack of support or understanding at the executive and middle management levels of a corporation and/or a customer service policy. Summit Racing can keep their $300.00 offer for to make-up for all the delay, the many man-hours of effort and additional dollars I had to put forward to complete the project. Rather than sing Summit praises for great customer service, I am left to do what I can to illuminate how Summit Racing poor customer service can change the entire perception a consumer has of an organization. My zz502 create engine experience illustrates why Summit Racing has among the lowest ratings in the Reseller Ratings and the Better Business Bureau Automotive Categories.

modified review This review was modified by ronpat on January 14 2013 07:38:54 PM

"I recently bought a Holley "remanufactured by Summit" carburetor and a Tuffstuff Alternator and a Set of Summit brand Headers.

The headers wouldnt even come close to sealing- period. I had to take them to a machine shop to get them milled flat- the machinist laughed at the product they sold me...

The Carburetor wouldnt run right no matter how I adjusted it. It was actually unadjustable all together. I took it to a Local guy with over 30 years experience with Holley carbs. When I picked the carb up, I was given the parts that came out and they e=were beyond cheap. Broken spring, cracked diaphragm and TWO DIFFERENT jets- WTF??? My carb guy laughingly said they must have slammed this one together on Friday. He laughed at the product they sold me...

The Tuffstuff Alternator took a crap on me as well. I took it in to be repaired as I had to have it in a hurry for a car show. The Alternator shop rebuilt it and once again laughed at the parts that were installed in a "Name Brand" part...

I bought all of these parts at the ame time, and each failed me within 100 miles of a fresh installation. I just got off the phone with a lady in customer service and was told "Sorry you're unhappy" with a long pause.

I bought my parts a year or so ago and just got finished building my car, so the parts arent warrantied anymore, even though they are all brand new.

Summits products are garbage these days. I will NEVER, EVER bring my business back. I spent hard earned money on these parts and they are junk.

"Bought a "direct fit" cat convertor from them. I had a mechanic install it and it was not a direct fit as website said it would be. So they pass me back and forth between Summit and Catco on what they are going to do about it. I am told that they will replace the part, But the $600 its going to cost to have the "direct fit" part replaced again is going to be out of my pocket. I guess their version of direct fit and my and my mechanics thought of direct fit are completely different things."

"Lousy telephone order takers, contradictory expected shipping dates, pathetic customer service. Still waiting for $516.00 worth of wheels that were paid for up front!!!"

"What a bunch of idiots. I bought 2 door hinge pin kit's for a 97 mustang. The kits were not available locally. When I recieved the kits and took one of my doors off, I discovered that the bushings were far too large for the hinge. Summit is refusing to accept the return stating that the pins were correct for the car. I gave them the year, make, and model again, and the customer service idiot told me that there was no way the part could be the wrong one as the part numbers matched. I was holding the parts in my hands and there was no way they were going to fit. I ended up having to drill out one of the hinge bores just to get the door back on and the car driveable. Now I have a screwed up door hinge that needs to be replaced simply because I had to have the car to get to work tomorrow and there was no other alternative. Thanks alot summit, you've put me in a position where I had to do a half-assed job just to be able to drive because your parts do NOT FIT!"

"Do not buy from these crooks! For years I praised these guys cause I am an Ohio guy & like to support local companies. Then I was screwed multiple times & Summit refused to make good on their own mistakes. First, they misadvertised a part. When I told them of the mistake, they told me oh well & I was stuck with it. Reluctantly I ordered a new part that they promised was correct for my application & was also a rebuildable part. Then less than a year later, the part failed. I called the manufacturer of the part and they asked me for the number stamped on the bottom. The number was 1101 which means it was made in November of 2001! The manufacturer told me that Summit had no business selling me a part that was sitting on the shelf for over 10 years and that the part was so old that it was now obsolete and NOT rebuildable. I then called Summit and once again they told me oh well! Now I'm stuck with $400 of garbage parts & Summit could care less. I will never buy from them again!"

So Cal

"Bought their ground hog clamp component on Ebay. It was 10 dollars more than on their web site. Took them 3 weeks to get the part to me. If you are gonna buy from these guys compare the EBAY price with their website so you don't get gipped."

"Every order has been perfect!! I have ordered dozens of times from their online site, EBay store and from their retail store and everyone has been correct, shipped fast and they also price match on like parts. Plus the retail store is like a Toy Store for Adults, I can spend hours just browsing! And they have quite a few Car Shows throughout the year including Super Summit in the Spring"

"I have ordered many times from their online site and from their EBay store and it has been nothing short of awesome everytime!! Shipping always arrives next day, their shipping prices are unmatched and the customer service is the some of the best I have ever experienced"