Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"I just bought a Schecter SLS Blackjack v-1 FR at Studiogears. But, before making the purchase, i contacted them to make sure it was a brand new guitar, and that was what i was told by a guy named Don D. Even he told me it was brand new in box. I made the purchase and the item was delivered to me in 5 days. My surprise was that when i opened the package the guitar didn't looked brand new, since it has wear marks on some frets, and there was dust all over the fret board, and even the cases and the foam bag that contained the guitar were damaged. Then i realized this was a used guitar, and contacted customer service to let them know about the issue. What you expect when something like this happens is to get the item replaced or a refund, as normally. But instead of that, Mr. Don D. told me the guitar is brand new, and "explained" me that the dust and the bad conditions of the packages was due to the shipping process, and told me to send the guitar to Schecter Guitar Research to get it inspected... are you serious??? Then i let him know this is not my first guitar, and i know what a brand new guitar looks like. He instead of replacing the used guitar, as his website's policy says, keeps telling me to send the guitar to Schecter. He doesn't want to replace the item nor give me a refund. His website is a scam, and sells used gear as new ones. I hope this review is helpful, so no one will purchase used stuff for the price of brand new. Mr. Don D. won't fool anyone anymore."

modified review This review was modified by Warriorzapoteca on August 12 2014 04:53:15 PM

"They have items on their website that they do not currently have in stock. When you order them the order goes through they charge your card and you get an email saying they are out of stock. When you call and talk to someone they act as if ohhh well. It is then a huge hassle to get the bank to release your monies."

modified review This review was modified by raiderh8r on October 08 2013 09:22:11 PM

"I ordered online. Waited 5 days without even a confirmation. Called them and spoke with a nice gentleman who apologized and said "somehow this was missed by their order staff"?? He then said that the merchandise was out of stock and he could order the merchandise but the models in his catalog were old and not available. He would be able to order the new models and would give me a "special price" (exactly the same as everyone else on the internet). I declined and asked for a refund. He said that he understood and would issue a refund back to my PayPal account. Waited 5 days, no refund, called them back and he said that "somehow this got past the accounting department". The refund showed up the next day. Seems like I am dealing with someone who operates out of his garage. Questionable company."

Studio Gears is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Studio Gears is not a merchant member
Studio Gears does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!