Stores > StubHub.com

• StubHub.com

Product & services pricing Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

2016-03-19

BAIT AND SWITCH! Won't replace my tickets or issue a refund!

"My son begged me to get him tickets to a concert only for me to find out that it was sold out. My alternatives were craigslist or one of the may "ticket resale websites". I decided to give StubHub a shot and boy am I sorry! I am supposed to be cramming for an exam right now but they got me so mad I'm writing this review instead! I waited about two weeks after i ordered and nothing ever came; so I decided to hop on the website and see if there was a problem and there was. Their website said everything was delivered about a week ago so i called in to let them know they never arrived and hopefully get my "guaranteed" replacements for lost and or stolen tickets. They said my tickets were delivered according to UPS's website however I have people watching my place 24-7 and we get packages delivered every day and it never showed. Besides the fact UPS's website says they were delivered 6 months in the future from now!? UPS also said they left it by the back door which is funny because i live in an apartment complex and there is no back door! Regardless, I was suckered in by StubHub's fan protect guarantee that says "For buyers, we guarantee: You'll get the tickets you ordered in time for the event and they'll be valid for entry. If that doesn’t happen, we'll locate comparable replacement tickets or send you a refund. You'll get a refund if your event is cancelled and not rescheduled." Apparently they purposefully don't have anyone sign for the packages they have delivered so they can just turn around and say "well it was delivered so we can't help you"!?!? I called in and the agent actually started arguing with me about whether or not i received the tickets!?! If i got the tickets then why would i be wasting my time calling in? Why not have all packages require a valid signature of receipt or pickup with an ID at a local UPS? This is done so when you call in they can say, like they told me... "well the only option you have now is to pay MORE FOR THE SAME TICKETS! Awesome! I not only have to take hours out of my day to deal with this but now but I also have to tell my son we ain't going to the concert like i promised him. I knew i was paying about 3 times more than what i would've on craigslist but i was hoping that price bought some security from scams...apparently not it's just a really effective and expensive scam!"

This review was modified by fmize on March 19 2016 04:22:54 PM

2016-03-04

unhappy with theservice

" Awful experience. Will not be using this business again."

2015-12-20

"Back in September I bought NFL tickets from StubHub at a location 5 hours away.  Arrived at the event yesterday and was informed that my tickets were invalid!  They were confiscated immediately and it was explained to me that the seller had RESOLD my tickets on NFL Exchange.   Therefore, I paid  $200/ticket for something that I could not use.  The game was nearly sold out which forced me to spend MORE money to simply get in the doors (my very first NFL game, five hour drive, limited choices).  I am now out my original ticket money, my new ticket money, along with gas money and a $150 hotel room.
  I called Stubhub immediately after getting the information from the box office.   They did promise to process a refund for the original tickets and told me they would also credit 10% for my "inconvenience".... $48....wow what a gesture!! ... (sarcasm)...      Today, I log onto StubHub.com and see that my "inconvenience" refund is showing as a CREDIT to be used on their website for future purchases.    Are you kidding me?!?

I have never used StubHub before and I will never use them again.  I was told by TWO of the box office reps to NEVER trust StubHub for ticket purchases.  They are constantly having to tell people they got scammed.  I was advised to only use Ticket Master or to go through the event website directly.  Every time you go through a third party you have a 50/50 chance of being screwed....and believe me that is one of the WORST feelings in the world.

This review was modified by ADS123 on December 20 2015 10:07:06 PM

2015-11-25

"Stubhub says on their website (http://www.stubhub.co.uk/reviews/): Buyers are covered by the FanProtectTM Guarantee. Sellers must comply with the rules for getting tickets to buyers. The rules actually say that sellers need to ship at least one week in advance. But they told me that the seller doesn't expect to have the tickets one week in advance and that makes no difference. I gave them the money 8 weeks before the event! They only say that I should get them one day before the event and if that doesn't happen, I will get my money back.
Interesting customer service - wanted to give the tickets as birthday present, but can't do this, as I now don't know at all whether I would get the tickets at all. And customer service says that makes no difference and it's normal that sellers cannot send the tickets one week in advance, although that's in the seller conditions.

FanProtectTM for Buyers
Summary of StubHub's guarantee to Buyers:bYou will get your tickets in time for the event

Please don't believe this! You can never be sure that you will get the tickets. Stubhub even makes a profit, if the seller doesn't send the tickets in time, as they will let the seller pay a fee in this cases.

This review was modified by 9xxyy on November 25 2015 03:36:22 PM

2015-09-19

"On September 18, 2015, my daughter purchased a Chris Brown concert ticket. We received an email confirmation and instructions how to print the ticket. The next day we tried to print her ticket but it stated that it was in progress. We checked our credit card and we had been charged $154.35. Her friend, who also purchased on Stub Hub received a phone call from them stating that they could not get her particular seat but ungraded her instead from lawn approximately 30 minutes before the concert. We never received notification that there was an issue with my daughter's ticket. When the "in progress" did not go away. We contacted Stub Hub who informed us that they were terribly sorry but she would not be getting a ticket because the ticket she purchased was fraudulent. I had 6 girls going to the concert and spending the night at my house with my daughter. The girls left with another mother hoping to get a ticket on site. This is completely unacceptable. They offered to refund me my money and gave me 1/2 credit for a future concert. Why would I ever buy a ticket from them again if I really don't have a ticket. I thought their service was to ensure that tickets were not fraudulent. Finding out 30 minutes before an event that you don't have a ticket is completely unacceptable. In addition, they charged me and now I have to wait for 10 days. I believe this is a fraudulent business practice that should not be allowed. Nowhere was it ever apparent that we did not have a ticket. They should have done all of the pre-screenings before they ever sell the tickets.

This review was modified by mjochimsen on September 19 2015 08:37:30 PM

2015-09-15

"The Good:
Their Call Centers/Customer Service introduction to using the service

The Bad:
Dragging their feet on paying the seller. They promise "up to 12 business days" for payment, already too long. In actuality I received payment 15 business days and 21 elapsed days from confirmation of ticket delivery.
And, if you call customer service after the sale, they are useless at giving you any sense of confidence that you are actually going get paid for the tickets they sold for you.

2015-09-05

"Booked & Stubhub cancelled without any reason whatsoever!! We all just ordered tickets for a birthday surprise and to our horror they were cancelled due to technical issues with Stubhub's website. This was confirmed by their customer service number. They could not provide him with any other information other than someone will call us back within the next day! Of course that's no good to us when the concert is this evening. We have traveled up from Essex to go to this event as we got a confirmation email from Stubhub stating that the tickets were booked then after checking their emails they found an email that had just been sent stating they had cancelled the order! They will also not receive a refund for a few days and are now left short and cannot purchase further tickets! It's just awful really!!!"

2015-07-28

"I have nothing good to say. Awful experience. Will not be using this "business" again."

2015-04-19

"Way over priced, a rip off I would advise you to not purchase through StubHub, unless you want to pay at least 3X more than face value."

2015-03-28

"Used to use StubHub extensively to sell extras or buy but don't use them any more. They have an absolutely awful fee structure. I've had some problems with their site and found their customer service to be atrocious. There are now many better options. Check out SeatGeek or SeatSmart. "

2015-03-22

"Tickets didn't arrive by Tuesday when they were supposed to, or indeed Friday when the concert was. Ups showed only a label was printed and NEVER sent or intended to be sent. Stubhub didn't help when I contacted them the day before the concert to cancel it because my ticket hadn't even been sent yet and they replied with something about a 'fan protect guarentee' - which basically means I go back onto the Stubhub website, see my concert is now a 'past order' and there's no button or way to file a claim or complain.
I wrote an honest review which is what the first couple of lines of this are and they wouldn't publish it. The service is a lottery, you have zero guarentee of getting a ticket you paid for, you might well get your money back but Stubhub don't care when that might be. I had to file a claim with Paypal and still waiting to get my money back.

It's not rocket science, this 'service' is weak and they rely on people to send these tickets, whcih they may put up for 'sale' just in case they decide to flake and not attend. So they have a backup sucker to dump the ticket(s) on just in case they need it. Being my first and last experience with Stubhub, i've found the service a joke. When the tickets have not arrived and I ask for my money back you don't list off some 'fan protect' garbage, you give me my money back.

Wouldn't trust this service personally at all. You have no guarentee you'll get what you pay for and it certainly ruined my weekend, and week leading up to it stressing over a ticket. AVOID, if at all possible and do not make plans relying on anything bought via Stubhub.

2015-03-19

"I would implore anyone seriously considering to purchase tickets from this website to instead buy them from a genuine source.

My e-tickets were available for me to download, print, and attend Download festival 4 days before the event. However, I was emailed the day before the event and informed that the tickets were not valid for entry into the festival. Being informed less than 24 hours before I was to depart was appalling, and the attitude of the customer service staff that I spoke to on the phone was even worse.

Stubhub's resolution to my problem was to attend the event a day later, as their was always a slim chance that the seller could post actual tickets via special delivery. A string of hope and an empty promise from a company that has taken payment for a product they were unable to deliver.

So here I am, a day before the festival, letting down 4 other people that were suppose to be attending with me and needing me for transport. And £160 out of pocket.

Stubhub's guarantee to refund me within 3-5 working days does not fill me with hope, considering their "fanprotect guarantee" also apparently ensures the ability to enter the event on time and for tickets to be valid for entry.

A horrific demonstration of customer service and reliability from a first time user of Stubhub. Anyone reading this review would be foolish to consider purchasing tickets from a company that cares less about having fans attend event, and even less about about customer service.

2015-02-24

"I went to purchase tickets from stub hub and noticed their map was incorrect for the venue. I was assured by many costomwr service reps that the tickets I was looking to purchase were in the "pit". They were wrong. When I notified them of their wrong they would not acknowledge that it was their fault (even though I had saved transcripts of the previous convos with costomwr service reps) and wouldn't make the ticket right or give me a refund. Lorenzo, the head of customer service was rude and unwilling to hear me or willing to work with me. I will never use stub hub again and have turned them in on many sites!"

2015-01-31

"my first review was to not use this site, they called me and corrected my issue. I would now use this site again. They have impressed me with their honesty."

This review was modified by Kelly49 on February 01 2015 02:15:14 PM

2015-01-26

"Terrible customer service, no explanations as to why the hockey tickets I paid for were "not available from the seller." - I looked online and they had been relisted each for $30 more than I paid for them! StubHub gave me "upgraded" tickets, which put us behind a stairwell grate and on the opposite side of the stadium. These "upgraded" tickets had the same face value as the ones I bought. I asked for an explanation and that they give me true upgraded tickets on the same side of the stadium. All I got was a "Enjoy the concert" email and same on the phone (um, it's not a concert and after using them for 10+ years, I'm done). Obviously something has changed (cutting costs probably because of competition) and it's showing like a thong on a fat lady."

Share StubHub.com's store rating

StubHub.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

StubHub.com is not a merchant member
StubHub.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!