Stores > StubHub.com

• StubHub.com

Customer service: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10

"On September 18, 2015, my daughter purchased a Chris Brown concert ticket. We received an email confirmation and instructions how to print the ticket. The next day we tried to print her ticket but it stated that it was in progress. We checked our credit card and we had been charged $154.35. Her friend, who also purchased on Stub Hub received a phone call from them stating that they could not get her particular seat but ungraded her instead from lawn approximately 30 minutes before the concert. We never received notification that there was an issue with my daughter's ticket. When the "in progress" did not go away. We contacted Stub Hub who informed us that they were terribly sorry but she would not be getting a ticket because the ticket she purchased was fraudulent. I had 6 girls going to the concert and spending the night at my house with my daughter. The girls left with another mother hoping to get a ticket on site. This is completely unacceptable. They offered to refund me my money and gave me 1/2 credit for a future concert. Why would I ever buy a ticket from them again if I really don't have a ticket. I thought their service was to ensure that tickets were not fraudulent. Finding out 30 minutes before an event that you don't have a ticket is completely unacceptable. In addition, they charged me and now I have to wait for 10 days. I believe this is a fraudulent business practice that should not be allowed. Nowhere was it ever apparent that we did not have a ticket. They should have done all of the pre-screenings before they ever sell the tickets.

This review was modified by mjochimsen on September 19 2015 08:37:30 PM

"The Good:
Their Call Centers/Customer Service introduction to using the service

The Bad:
Dragging their feet on paying the seller. They promise "up to 12 business days" for payment, already too long. In actuality I received payment 15 business days and 21 elapsed days from confirmation of ticket delivery.
And, if you call customer service after the sale, they are useless at giving you any sense of confidence that you are actually going get paid for the tickets they sold for you.

"Booked & Stubhub cancelled without any reason whatsoever!! We all just ordered tickets for a birthday surprise and to our horror they were cancelled due to technical issues with Stubhub's website. This was confirmed by their customer service number. They could not provide him with any other information other than someone will call us back within the next day! Of course that's no good to us when the concert is this evening. We have traveled up from Essex to go to this event as we got a confirmation email from Stubhub stating that the tickets were booked then after checking their emails they found an email that had just been sent stating they had cancelled the order! They will also not receive a refund for a few days and are now left short and cannot purchase further tickets! It's just awful really!!!"

"I have nothing good to say. Awful experience. Will not be using this "business" again."

"Way over priced, a rip off I would advise you to not purchase through StubHub, unless you want to pay at least 3X more than face value."

"Used to use StubHub extensively to sell extras or buy but don't use them any more. They have an absolutely awful fee structure. I've had some problems with their site and found their customer service to be atrocious. There are now many better options. Check out SeatGeek or SeatSmart. "

"Tickets didn't arrive by Tuesday when they were supposed to, or indeed Friday when the concert was. Ups showed only a label was printed and NEVER sent or intended to be sent. Stubhub didn't help when I contacted them the day before the concert to cancel it because my ticket hadn't even been sent yet and they replied with something about a 'fan protect guarentee' - which basically means I go back onto the Stubhub website, see my concert is now a 'past order' and there's no button or way to file a claim or complain.
I wrote an honest review which is what the first couple of lines of this are and they wouldn't publish it. The service is a lottery, you have zero guarentee of getting a ticket you paid for, you might well get your money back but Stubhub don't care when that might be. I had to file a claim with Paypal and still waiting to get my money back.

It's not rocket science, this 'service' is weak and they rely on people to send these tickets, whcih they may put up for 'sale' just in case they decide to flake and not attend. So they have a backup sucker to dump the ticket(s) on just in case they need it. Being my first and last experience with Stubhub, i've found the service a joke. When the tickets have not arrived and I ask for my money back you don't list off some 'fan protect' garbage, you give me my money back.

Wouldn't trust this service personally at all. You have no guarentee you'll get what you pay for and it certainly ruined my weekend, and week leading up to it stressing over a ticket. AVOID, if at all possible and do not make plans relying on anything bought via Stubhub.

"I would implore anyone seriously considering to purchase tickets from this website to instead buy them from a genuine source.

My e-tickets were available for me to download, print, and attend Download festival 4 days before the event. However, I was emailed the day before the event and informed that the tickets were not valid for entry into the festival. Being informed less than 24 hours before I was to depart was appalling, and the attitude of the customer service staff that I spoke to on the phone was even worse.

Stubhub's resolution to my problem was to attend the event a day later, as their was always a slim chance that the seller could post actual tickets via special delivery. A string of hope and an empty promise from a company that has taken payment for a product they were unable to deliver.

So here I am, a day before the festival, letting down 4 other people that were suppose to be attending with me and needing me for transport. And £160 out of pocket.

Stubhub's guarantee to refund me within 3-5 working days does not fill me with hope, considering their "fanprotect guarantee" also apparently ensures the ability to enter the event on time and for tickets to be valid for entry.

A horrific demonstration of customer service and reliability from a first time user of Stubhub. Anyone reading this review would be foolish to consider purchasing tickets from a company that cares less about having fans attend event, and even less about about customer service.

"I went to purchase tickets from stub hub and noticed their map was incorrect for the venue. I was assured by many costomwr service reps that the tickets I was looking to purchase were in the "pit". They were wrong. When I notified them of their wrong they would not acknowledge that it was their fault (even though I had saved transcripts of the previous convos with costomwr service reps) and wouldn't make the ticket right or give me a refund. Lorenzo, the head of customer service was rude and unwilling to hear me or willing to work with me. I will never use stub hub again and have turned them in on many sites!"

"my first review was to not use this site, they called me and corrected my issue. I would now use this site again. They have impressed me with their honesty."

This review was modified by Kelly49 on February 01 2015 02:15:14 PM

"Terrible customer service, no explanations as to why the hockey tickets I paid for were "not available from the seller." - I looked online and they had been relisted each for $30 more than I paid for them! StubHub gave me "upgraded" tickets, which put us behind a stairwell grate and on the opposite side of the stadium. These "upgraded" tickets had the same face value as the ones I bought. I asked for an explanation and that they give me true upgraded tickets on the same side of the stadium. All I got was a "Enjoy the concert" email and same on the phone (um, it's not a concert and after using them for 10+ years, I'm done). Obviously something has changed (cutting costs probably because of competition) and it's showing like a thong on a fat lady."

"This is the worst company in the world. They have terrible help...online, chat, everything. I have been duped out of my 20% twice now because of their poor directions, crappy system and untimely resolution of issues. I have also been ripped off on tickets I bought and then waited over 60 days AFTER I complained 30 days after my tickets were canceled by Stub hub (because the seller did not deliver.) And in every sale, cancellation, good, bad, buy sell, your fault their fault, Stub Hub profits FROM every transaction. "

This review was modified by joeleach on December 08 2014 01:58:04 PM

"Sold fraudulent NBA tickets on Stubhub to a sold out game. Turned away at the gate and had my tickets confiscated. Was there with my father in law visiting from out of town. A very frustrating experience.

Called their customer service line from the venue immediately. To their credit, I got through quickly. Gentleman on the line was friendly and patient, empathetic to my situation.

Their recourse is to find and email you new tickets on the spot if available BUT, if it's a sold out game: you're out of luck! A full refund and a small credit (less than an eighth of the ticket cost, about the cost of my transportation to the game) is all you get.

Incredibly frustrated and deeply embarrassed, my father in law and I retreated to a nearby bar to try and salvage the evening.

My lesson learned, I'm heading to the BOX OFFICE today to get LEGIT tickets for a (lesser) game this week (fool me once!).

Be forewarned: avoid StubHub (and other third party resale venders). Buy hard copy tickets from the vender.

This review was modified by DMilfordWarren on November 29 2014 05:36:38 AM

"I had four tickets listed on StubHub for sale for World Series game 6 in Kansas City. At 7:41 on October 28th, the day of the game, two of the tickets sold. Due to a software glitch all four tickets were taken off the buyers' view and no tickets were showing available in my section. I checked that section many times and there were never tickets available for sale the entire time (until 8:01 when I relisted them, but it was too late for them to sell). StubHub refuses to produce any documentation showing that buyers could see my tickets and they refuse to admit there might be a glitch in their system. I have made many calls an emails about this issue and finally talked to Justin, a supposed manager at StubHub. I asked him if he wanted to keep a long standing customer who has never had a complaint over many years and he told me to take a hike. Until they investigate their software problem this could happen to anyone who might want to split their tickets for sale. Beware"

This review was modified by tdelcavo on November 13 2014 11:22:08 AM

"I had put my tickets on StubHub and the tickets were sold quickly. The date came and went for when the concert happened (which was on a Friday). The following Tuesday, StubHub wrote me saying the people who bought my tickets weren't allowed past the check-in point. First odd thing that struck me was, what proof did they get from the ticket holders that they weren't allowed in besides word of mouth and second why was I told three days later and not immediately. Then they charged my card the price I sold my tickets for. They wanted me to call up Ticketmaster and get some scanner report to see if they actually went through (long story short and many different answers later from Ticketmaster, I couldn't get scan report anyways because no venue provides these. I provided enough evidence, including my original receipts with the barcode on them to StubHub but was told these were insufficient. This is a scam for them to make money off the seller which includes the commission I was charged! "

This review was modified by katypaige on October 30 2014 03:01:33 PM

Share StubHub.com's store rating

StubHub.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

StubHub.com is not a merchant member
StubHub.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!