Product & services pricing Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

"I was told by stuhub chat that I was buying tickets that were located 5 rows up just off center court, but ended up 30 feet behind the opposing teams basket and unable to see the action on the court, other than glimpses of it.

This is the chat transcript from Stubhub when I reported my issue.

Hi! This is Suckian S. with StubHub Customer Support. How can I assist you today?
Stephen: I bought the tickets referenced for the Celtics game Wednesday. I "Chatted" with customer support about where the tickets were located in the arena because it was not clear as to there location. I was told they were in one location, but the seats were in a completely different location. Located in a spot were my son and I couldn't really see anything, but I paid a premium price for what I was told, using your arena layout map, were great seats.
Suckian S.: Stephen Id definitely like to assist you with the issue of your experience at the event, please allow me a moment to have this looked into.
Suckian S.: I haven't forgotten you - I'm still working on this and will be right with you.
Suckian S.: It will just be a moment more - thanks for your patience.
Suckian S.: Stephen let me get a clear understanding of your situation and experience at the event. Are you saying that you had obstructed viewing or the view was not clear?
Suckian S.: As I am really sorry to hear about your experience but to have this looked into I would like more details to be clear.
Stephen: Yes. We were basically behind the Raven side basketball hoop about 30 feet, so our view was such that you couldn't follow anything on the court. I was told through the chat we were located 5 rows up just to one side of center court, which would have provided us with a premium view of the game.
Suckian S.: Ok, I understand, please allow me to gather my information so I can adviise you ok.Our map that is placed
Suckian S.: Stephen our map that is placed on our website is based off what is received from the venue. Unfortunately as some venues have seating that the view is not clear by the structure of the venue, they do not consider those seats to be unclear, as the seats have a view of most of the court. I am really sorry about your experience as this was noted.
Suckian S.: The prices that the tickets are listed for are not charged by StubHub as they are sold from fans like yourself because we are a secondary ticket marketplace, so what we normally advise is that when buying tickets try to compare prices as best as possible.
Suckian S.: Stephen are you there?
Stephen: I understand you used their map. Because it was not clear on their map, I was relying solely on the recommendations of your chat help to determine where the seats were located. I was assured the seats were in a location that they were not, and in fact were seats that had a very poor view of the game and priced at a premium rate. If you can't accurately advise on seat location when you do, then you are misrepresenting the items you are selling, which is fraud.. And when there is a problem your response is "Tough luck".
Suckian S.: I definitely understand, please allow me a moment to review the order ok.
Stephen: The issue is not about price, it about the product I was sold for that price. I was told they were the best seats you had, but they were really just the most expensive. I would have seen the game better if I had watched it at home.
Suckian S.: Ok, one moment please.
Stephen: It was a surprise for my 12 yo son who is an avid basketball fan/player. He only found out we were going the day before and when I told him where we were sitting was really excited, only to find out that we were not in a location where you could see what was going on, on the court. "I can't see anything" was his reply, before the game even started. Talk about feeling like a sucker and disappointing your young son.
Suckian S.: Stephen I am really sorry about your experience and that your son received as this was a surprise for him, what I am going to do is to issue a 25% coupon to your account that can be used towards your next purchase of tickets ok.
Stephen: Forget it. If your not standing behind what you sell you don't deserve to be in business.
Stephen: I want a refund
Suckian S.: I do understand based off our conversation that you said yo spoke with a representative was that via chat Stephen or by calling?
Stephen: I couldn't find a phone number. It was a chat like this. I'm guessing you have a full record of the interaction in your system.
Suckian S.: Stephen I am understanding from placing myself in your shoe however the most I am able to offer at this time would be a 25% refund to your credit card.
Suckian S.: Stephen are you there?
Suckian S.: Due to the delay, I am going to need to disconnect this chat.
Please chat with us again if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you for using StubHub and I hope you have a great day!
Thanks for using Live Chat. You may now close this window.

modified review This review was modified by sthamilton on October 17 2014 11:34:07 AM

"I sold a pair of festival passes on stub hub. Tickets were delivered without issue, I received my payment and figured it was a done deal. The festival weekend arrives and I get a call from stub hub telling me that my tickets were reported as "stolen" by the person who bought them. Stubhub replaces the tickets at my expense, and also takes the initial payment OUT OF MY BANK ACCOUNT without any notice. NOT OK. If you read the terms and conditions on the stub hub website, it has no mention of how allegedly stolen tickets are proved to be stolen, and states nothing in regards to their ability to revoke processed payments. When I tried to sort out the issue with stub hub they requested a few documents that I was able to provide: receipts, confirmation emails, and anything else proving that I did in fact buy the tickets and they weren't stolen. They then requested a "scan report" from the venue, which shows that the tickets were not scanned (i.e. the buyer didn't use the tickets to get into the venue). I call the venue and try to obtain a scan report, which I'm unable to do because these are proprietary information. I tell this to the stub hub agent, and they say, essentially, that they knew that would happen and they'll review my receipt and documentation and get back to me. Well, after proving that I purchased the tickets (by providing receipt and confirmation e-mails) they use the fact that I was unable to provide them with a document that is impossible for me to obtain, they keep the payment from the buyer, and stick me with the bill for replacement tickets. The worst part is, they're unable to justify the buyer's claim that the tickets were stolen. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE! I lost a ton of money buy trying to sell legitimate tickets! stub hub was never able to prove that the tickets were stolen, especially after I provided the receipt! They completely took advantage of me by asking me to produce documents that were impossible for me to obtain. I'll never use stub hub again, and I warn any seller about your vulnerability in this situation."

modified review This review was modified by hankdg on August 01 2014 01:13:53 PM

"I've bought tickets on StubHub and decided to use them to sell my friend's extra tickets. Long story short: I made a mistake and called a few times to get help from the service reps. Every rep was friendly and kind and did everything they could to help. When I needed a manager's intervention, I was promised a callback but the request didn't go through properly. I reached out to them on Twitter and got a reply quickly. A manager called me the next day and helped me more than I thought he could.

I am very happy with StubHub's service and will continue to use and recommend them. 5 stars!

"I will never use StubHub again. Last year, StubHub cancelled two of my orders and charged my credit card extra additional fees totaling $200 for mistakes that they made. The Blackhawks issued their season tickets before the lockout started. When the lockout ended and the new season was created, the same tickets were supposed to be used. Although, the dates and opponents didn't match on the tickets, the game 1 ticket issued would be valid for game 1 of the new schedule even though the date and opponent didn't match. I had to call Stubhub several times and spend hours on the phone before StubHub finally realized their mistake. They refunded me the illegal charges they made on my card, but never offered me a credit or anything else. Terrible service from stubHub. Then, I accidentally sell tickets for a game on ticketmaster and StubHub and notify StubHub immediately, but they still charge me an additional $102 even though similiar tickets were as little as $2 more. They can make mistakes and that's ok, but if you make a mistake, they will really stick it to you and charge you ridiculous fees!"

modified review This review was modified by BhawksSCchamps2013 on October 12 2013 12:33:37 PM

"So, I accidentally sold one of my event tickets on two sites, Ticketmaster and StubHub. The reason for this was that Ticketmaster's site was being glitchy. I tried calling Ticketmaster customer service that night before the tickets sold, when the site wasn't working, and waited on the phone for over an hour, no answer. So the next day I get on StubHub and sell my ticket right away. Then about an hour later I get an email from Ticketmaster saying I sold it on that site too. So now I'm panicking. I'm thinking this is going to cost me a ton of money since the ticket prices skyrocketed overnight.

I call Ticketmaster to explain my difficulties with their site and ask for help on what to do, wait on hold for about 30 minutes before I can talk to anyone. Then, they literally tell me "We can do nothing." So I ask if they can at least notify the buyer that their ticket won't work since two have been sold of the same barcode, and they say "No, we cannot do that." So then I ask if I will be in legal trouble for this if I can't figure out how to remedy it, and they say, "You know, I really don't know ma'am but we can't help you."

So now I'm really freaking out. I call StubHub right away, and they answer within seconds (literally, like 5 seconds). I tell them I need help, and how Ticketmaster blew me off. The rep told me not to worry, they can fix this. He explains I might be charged the difference for a new ticket, which is completely fine since I sold the ticket for 160 and they hadn't gone up too much since earlier that day. However, I never got charged.

They were so helpful and have been in the past as well, this time really made me a loyal customer. Great customer service, they always have my vote.

modified review This review was modified by CaitlinFinucan on October 03 2013 09:50:04 AM

"Big fan of Stubhub. They are reliable, have great customer service and I enjoy using their site to find the tickets I prefer. I'd rather pay a bit more for the convenience of picking my own seats and I feel that Stubhub is the best option out there for this."

"Second time I've ordered from these folks and the experience was stellar. Will order from them again, and the prices aren't that bad. You want good seats for an event you pay. It's common sense."

"Stubhub is terrible. Their customer service is poor and they are more concerned with garnering more fees out of its customers than ensuring they return to give them more business. I will never use them again."

"I've used StubHub several times before and have gotten top level customer service each time. People always say that StubHub has high ticket prices, but everytime I shop with them I always find really cheap tickets, and great seat locations too. Another thing I've noticed is that they always have the event I'm looking for in their catalog which is great. Would recommend StubHub to friends!"

"I've used StubHub on numerous occasions to see the WORLD CHAMPS Mavericks play! I totally understand their business model as just an intermediary that doesn't buy or sell tickets; just facilitates it so that crazy fans like myself have access to the tickets I want. I purchased club seats for the NBA Finals to see the Mavs 2 hours before the event for a really good price, relatively speaking. Since then, I've gone to a LOT of Mavs games thanks to StubHub. Many of those games I got the tickets for below face value since I'm a patient buyer and willing to wait for prices to drop before game time. I had one issue with them at first where I couldn't figure out how to print the tickets, but their customer service was extremely helpful, nice, and understanding and helped me very quickly. Make sure you sign up for their loyalty rewards program!"

"Needed tickets to my favorite artist of ALL TIME - Jay-Z @ the Garden back in November! StubHub came through for me and granted me an experience that I would never forget! Floor Seats right in front of the upper echelon of hip-hop (Diddy, Russell, etc).

I was in NYC traveling on business and noticed that Jay-Z & Kanye West were going to be at MSG that same night. That was my first time at MSG and seeing Jay-Z live! StubHub made my dreams come true indeed.

"I bought tickets for the Hornets at Clippers on StubHub. The site was easy to use and the price was great. I realize that the Hornets aren't a large draw but we found mid level seats for under $15 a piece which I was very excited about."

"StubHub has the greatest tools, customer service, and brand for all resellers. I wouldn't sell my tickets any where else. They are the leader. "

"I bought tickets to Coachella and was even able to purchase sold out camping passes on StubHub as well. Tickets arrived when they said they would and I would use the site again. Great place to purchase tickets to sold out events."

"I shopped around for rangers playoff tickets and picked stubhub because they had a better selection of seats and were cheaper than other ticket resellers. Tickets arrived when they said they would and the location was as described. "

StubHub.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

StubHub.com is not a merchant member
StubHub.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!