• StubHub.com

Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

2015-07-28

"I have nothing good to say. Awful experience. Will not be using this "business" again."

2015-04-19

"Way over priced, a rip off I would advise you to not purchase through StubHub, unless you want to pay at least 3X more than face value."

2015-03-28

"Used to use StubHub extensively to sell extras or buy but don't use them any more. They have an absolutely awful fee structure. I've had some problems with their site and found their customer service to be atrocious. There are now many better options. Check out SeatGeek or SeatSmart. "

2015-03-22

"Tickets didn't arrive by Tuesday when they were supposed to, or indeed Friday when the concert was. Ups showed only a label was printed and NEVER sent or intended to be sent. Stubhub didn't help when I contacted them the day before the concert to cancel it because my ticket hadn't even been sent yet and they replied with something about a 'fan protect guarentee' - which basically means I go back onto the Stubhub website, see my concert is now a 'past order' and there's no button or way to file a claim or complain.
I wrote an honest review which is what the first couple of lines of this are and they wouldn't publish it. The service is a lottery, you have zero guarentee of getting a ticket you paid for, you might well get your money back but Stubhub don't care when that might be. I had to file a claim with Paypal and still waiting to get my money back.

It's not rocket science, this 'service' is weak and they rely on people to send these tickets, whcih they may put up for 'sale' just in case they decide to flake and not attend. So they have a backup sucker to dump the ticket(s) on just in case they need it. Being my first and last experience with Stubhub, i've found the service a joke. When the tickets have not arrived and I ask for my money back you don't list off some 'fan protect' garbage, you give me my money back.

Wouldn't trust this service personally at all. You have no guarentee you'll get what you pay for and it certainly ruined my weekend, and week leading up to it stressing over a ticket. AVOID, if at all possible and do not make plans relying on anything bought via Stubhub.

2015-03-19

"I would implore anyone seriously considering to purchase tickets from this website to instead buy them from a genuine source.

My e-tickets were available for me to download, print, and attend Download festival 4 days before the event. However, I was emailed the day before the event and informed that the tickets were not valid for entry into the festival. Being informed less than 24 hours before I was to depart was appalling, and the attitude of the customer service staff that I spoke to on the phone was even worse.

Stubhub's resolution to my problem was to attend the event a day later, as their was always a slim chance that the seller could post actual tickets via special delivery. A string of hope and an empty promise from a company that has taken payment for a product they were unable to deliver.

So here I am, a day before the festival, letting down 4 other people that were suppose to be attending with me and needing me for transport. And £160 out of pocket.

Stubhub's guarantee to refund me within 3-5 working days does not fill me with hope, considering their "fanprotect guarantee" also apparently ensures the ability to enter the event on time and for tickets to be valid for entry.

A horrific demonstration of customer service and reliability from a first time user of Stubhub. Anyone reading this review would be foolish to consider purchasing tickets from a company that cares less about having fans attend event, and even less about about customer service."

2015-02-24

"I went to purchase tickets from stub hub and noticed their map was incorrect for the venue. I was assured by many costomwr service reps that the tickets I was looking to purchase were in the "pit". They were wrong. When I notified them of their wrong they would not acknowledge that it was their fault (even though I had saved transcripts of the previous convos with costomwr service reps) and wouldn't make the ticket right or give me a refund. Lorenzo, the head of customer service was rude and unwilling to hear me or willing to work with me. I will never use stub hub again and have turned them in on many sites!"

2015-01-31

"my first review was to not use this site, they called me and corrected my issue. I would now use this site again. They have impressed me with their honesty."

This review was modified by Kelly49 on February 01 2015 02:15:14 PM

2015-01-26

"Terrible customer service, no explanations as to why the hockey tickets I paid for were "not available from the seller." - I looked online and they had been relisted each for $30 more than I paid for them! StubHub gave me "upgraded" tickets, which put us behind a stairwell grate and on the opposite side of the stadium. These "upgraded" tickets had the same face value as the ones I bought. I asked for an explanation and that they give me true upgraded tickets on the same side of the stadium. All I got was a "Enjoy the concert" email and same on the phone (um, it's not a concert and after using them for 10+ years, I'm done). Obviously something has changed (cutting costs probably because of competition) and it's showing like a thong on a fat lady."

2014-12-08

"This is the worst company in the world. They have terrible help...online, chat, everything. I have been duped out of my 20% twice now because of their poor directions, crappy system and untimely resolution of issues. I have also been ripped off on tickets I bought and then waited over 60 days AFTER I complained 30 days after my tickets were canceled by Stub hub (because the seller did not deliver.) And in every sale, cancellation, good, bad, buy sell, your fault their fault, Stub Hub profits FROM every transaction. "

This review was modified by joeleach on December 08 2014 01:58:04 PM

2014-11-29

"Sold fraudulent NBA tickets on Stubhub to a sold out game. Turned away at the gate and had my tickets confiscated. Was there with my father in law visiting from out of town. A very frustrating experience.

Called their customer service line from the venue immediately. To their credit, I got through quickly. Gentleman on the line was friendly and patient, empathetic to my situation.

Their recourse is to find and email you new tickets on the spot if available BUT, if it's a sold out game: you're out of luck! A full refund and a small credit (less than an eighth of the ticket cost, about the cost of my transportation to the game) is all you get.

Incredibly frustrated and deeply embarrassed, my father in law and I retreated to a nearby bar to try and salvage the evening.

My lesson learned, I'm heading to the BOX OFFICE today to get LEGIT tickets for a (lesser) game this week (fool me once!).

Be forewarned: avoid StubHub (and other third party resale venders). Buy hard copy tickets from the vender."

This review was modified by DMilfordWarren on November 29 2014 05:36:38 AM

2014-11-13

"I had four tickets listed on StubHub for sale for World Series game 6 in Kansas City. At 7:41 on October 28th, the day of the game, two of the tickets sold. Due to a software glitch all four tickets were taken off the buyers' view and no tickets were showing available in my section. I checked that section many times and there were never tickets available for sale the entire time (until 8:01 when I relisted them, but it was too late for them to sell). StubHub refuses to produce any documentation showing that buyers could see my tickets and they refuse to admit there might be a glitch in their system. I have made many calls an emails about this issue and finally talked to Justin, a supposed manager at StubHub. I asked him if he wanted to keep a long standing customer who has never had a complaint over many years and he told me to take a hike. Until they investigate their software problem this could happen to anyone who might want to split their tickets for sale. Beware"

This review was modified by tdelcavo on November 13 2014 11:22:08 AM

2014-10-30

"I had put my tickets on StubHub and the tickets were sold quickly. The date came and went for when the concert happened (which was on a Friday). The following Tuesday, StubHub wrote me saying the people who bought my tickets weren't allowed past the check-in point. First odd thing that struck me was, what proof did they get from the ticket holders that they weren't allowed in besides word of mouth and second why was I told three days later and not immediately. Then they charged my card the price I sold my tickets for. They wanted me to call up Ticketmaster and get some scanner report to see if they actually went through (long story short and many different answers later from Ticketmaster, I couldn't get scan report anyways because no venue provides these. I provided enough evidence, including my original receipts with the barcode on them to StubHub but was told these were insufficient. This is a scam for them to make money off the seller which includes the commission I was charged! "

This review was modified by katypaige on October 30 2014 03:01:33 PM

2014-10-30

"This site sucks in SO many ways. Not only do they offer an outlet for people to buy up all the tickets in order to make a profit, they are making profits off people who do buy and sell tickets. I tried to sell a ticket for a show I ended up not being able to go to.
The tickets were mail-in only, and since the venue didn't mail the tickets out until after the date they told everyone they would (I called the venue and was told someone there dropped the ball), Stubhub cancelled my sale and charged me 20% of the ticket price. I couldn't even re-post them because it was too close to the start of the show.

Bottom line, this is an outlet for people to take tickets from actual fans and make money off of them and the customer service BLOWS. If I could give less than 1 star I would. "

2014-10-17

"I was told by stuhub chat that I was buying tickets that were located 5 rows up just off center court, but ended up 30 feet behind the opposing teams basket and unable to see the action on the court, other than glimpses of it.

This is the chat transcript from Stubhub when I reported my issue.

Hi! This is Suckian S. with StubHub Customer Support. How can I assist you today?
Stephen: I bought the tickets referenced for the Celtics game Wednesday. I "Chatted" with customer support about where the tickets were located in the arena because it was not clear as to there location. I was told they were in one location, but the seats were in a completely different location. Located in a spot were my son and I couldn't really see anything, but I paid a premium price for what I was told, using your arena layout map, were great seats.
Suckian S.: Stephen Id definitely like to assist you with the issue of your experience at the event, please allow me a moment to have this looked into.
Suckian S.: I haven't forgotten you - I'm still working on this and will be right with you.
Suckian S.: It will just be a moment more - thanks for your patience.
Suckian S.: Stephen let me get a clear understanding of your situation and experience at the event. Are you saying that you had obstructed viewing or the view was not clear?
Suckian S.: As I am really sorry to hear about your experience but to have this looked into I would like more details to be clear.
Stephen: Yes. We were basically behind the Raven side basketball hoop about 30 feet, so our view was such that you couldn't follow anything on the court. I was told through the chat we were located 5 rows up just to one side of center court, which would have provided us with a premium view of the game.
Suckian S.: Ok, I understand, please allow me to gather my information so I can adviise you ok.Our map that is placed
Suckian S.: Stephen our map that is placed on our website is based off what is received from the venue. Unfortunately as some venues have seating that the view is not clear by the structure of the venue, they do not consider those seats to be unclear, as the seats have a view of most of the court. I am really sorry about your experience as this was noted.
Suckian S.: The prices that the tickets are listed for are not charged by StubHub as they are sold from fans like yourself because we are a secondary ticket marketplace, so what we normally advise is that when buying tickets try to compare prices as best as possible.
Suckian S.: Stephen are you there?
Stephen: I understand you used their map. Because it was not clear on their map, I was relying solely on the recommendations of your chat help to determine where the seats were located. I was assured the seats were in a location that they were not, and in fact were seats that had a very poor view of the game and priced at a premium rate. If you can't accurately advise on seat location when you do, then you are misrepresenting the items you are selling, which is fraud.. And when there is a problem your response is "Tough luck".
Suckian S.: I definitely understand, please allow me a moment to review the order ok.
Stephen: The issue is not about price, it about the product I was sold for that price. I was told they were the best seats you had, but they were really just the most expensive. I would have seen the game better if I had watched it at home.
Suckian S.: Ok, one moment please.
Stephen: It was a surprise for my 12 yo son who is an avid basketball fan/player. He only found out we were going the day before and when I told him where we were sitting was really excited, only to find out that we were not in a location where you could see what was going on, on the court. "I can't see anything" was his reply, before the game even started. Talk about feeling like a sucker and disappointing your young son.
Suckian S.: Stephen I am really sorry about your experience and that your son received as this was a surprise for him, what I am going to do is to issue a 25% coupon to your account that can be used towards your next purchase of tickets ok.
Stephen: Forget it. If your not standing behind what you sell you don't deserve to be in business.
Stephen: I want a refund
Suckian S.: I do understand based off our conversation that you said yo spoke with a representative was that via chat Stephen or by calling?
Stephen: I couldn't find a phone number. It was a chat like this. I'm guessing you have a full record of the interaction in your system.
Suckian S.: Stephen I am understanding from placing myself in your shoe however the most I am able to offer at this time would be a 25% refund to your credit card.
Suckian S.: Stephen are you there?
Suckian S.: Due to the delay, I am going to need to disconnect this chat.
Please chat with us again if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you for using StubHub and I hope you have a great day!
Thanks for using Live Chat. You may now close this window."

This review was modified by sthamilton on October 17 2014 11:34:07 AM

2014-08-01

"I sold a pair of festival passes on stub hub. Tickets were delivered without issue, I received my payment and figured it was a done deal. The festival weekend arrives and I get a call from stub hub telling me that my tickets were reported as "stolen" by the person who bought them. Stubhub replaces the tickets at my expense, and also takes the initial payment OUT OF MY BANK ACCOUNT without any notice. NOT OK. If you read the terms and conditions on the stub hub website, it has no mention of how allegedly stolen tickets are proved to be stolen, and states nothing in regards to their ability to revoke processed payments. When I tried to sort out the issue with stub hub they requested a few documents that I was able to provide: receipts, confirmation emails, and anything else proving that I did in fact buy the tickets and they weren't stolen. They then requested a "scan report" from the venue, which shows that the tickets were not scanned (i.e. the buyer didn't use the tickets to get into the venue). I call the venue and try to obtain a scan report, which I'm unable to do because these are proprietary information. I tell this to the stub hub agent, and they say, essentially, that they knew that would happen and they'll review my receipt and documentation and get back to me. Well, after proving that I purchased the tickets (by providing receipt and confirmation e-mails) they use the fact that I was unable to provide them with a document that is impossible for me to obtain, they keep the payment from the buyer, and stick me with the bill for replacement tickets. The worst part is, they're unable to justify the buyer's claim that the tickets were stolen. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE! I lost a ton of money buy trying to sell legitimate tickets! stub hub was never able to prove that the tickets were stolen, especially after I provided the receipt! They completely took advantage of me by asking me to produce documents that were impossible for me to obtain. I'll never use stub hub again, and I warn any seller about your vulnerability in this situation."

This review was modified by hankdg on August 01 2014 01:13:53 PM

Share StubHub.com's store rating

StubHub.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

StubHub.com is not a merchant member
StubHub.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!