• StealthMachines

Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10

What is this?

"I would never buy a computer from StealthMachines. I made a big mistake by not looking closely at the dates of reviews in here. I should have noticed that there isn't a single 2014 recommendation. Had I done that, I would have never purchased from Josef, owner of StealthMachines. I thought I purchased a computer from a reputable company. I was so impressed that he would answer the phone and all his emails directly. Even when I sent an email to tech support he would answer. This is definitely a one man company. My computer did not arrive working as expected. When I complained about it all I got was excuses. Every thing is my fault according to him. I have numerous back and forth emails with him. When he offered a solution he would immediately remove it. Those emails I won't show you for now because they are part of my evidence package. It's up to the lawyers now. He was paid a hefty sum by me, but on top of that, he supposedly collected an equivalent sum from the shipper. I have the damaged computer and he gets paid twice for it. How is that fair? One by me and the other from the shipper. I waited for the shipper to contact me regarding the damages for over 2 weeks. I finally called them and was told that they paid him for my damaged computer. There is more to this story but that's for later. So the choice to buy from StealthMachines is yours alone. The most I can do is to let you know what my experience with StealthMachines has been. If StealthMachines were to turn around and do the right thing, I would be the first to let you know and change my rating."

modified review This review was modified by frank0001 on March 09 2015 09:41:50 PM
modified review Rep reply posted Mar-09-2015

StealthMachines Gaming Computers, StealthMachines rep has responded

“StealthMachines prides ourselves at achieving some of the highest customer satisfaction in the industry. While we are certainly not perfect, we are always looking for ways to improve. Input helps us improve, and we are always looking for input via the best think tank out there: our customers.

To clarify, at this customer's request, we had a third party repair company pick up and inspect this computer on two separate occasions at no charge to the customer. On each occasion nothing was found to be wrong with the computer other than needing to re-seat one of the three graphics cards which came loose during shipment of this special-order 75 pound computer, along with the removal of several hundred viruses found on the computer (we do a fresh OS install and driver updates only and adhere to a strict no-bloatware policy). We normally don't assist with the removal of viruses, but we made an exception for this customer in the interest of ensuring that the problem was not hardware related. Although it is true that a claim was filed with the shipping company, the claim amount was only for the cost incurred by StealthMachines for having the technician come and re-seat the graphics card.

As a result of this learning experience, we will develop a better packaging technique other than counting on the packaging professionals for our plus-sized computers. Our proprietary packaging technique has worked so well for our normal-sized computers that this is the first shipping claim which we had to file in over a year! So naturally we will work hard to find a solution which works just as well for our larger packages which do not fit in any traditional box.

Frank0001, as I have iterated to you in our previous correspondence, we are here to help provided you are willing to cooperate. While we have made special accommodations for your recent shoulder surgery, helped with virus removal, arranged for two separate inspections of your computer, and provided you with numerous exceptions to our warranty policy, there is only so much I can do to help without willingness on your part to cooperate with myself and the repair company. We are; after all; only human, so communication is required for both the repair company and StealthMachines to do the job properly. Also, even though this computer was found to have nothing wrong with it on two separate inspections, I am still willing to arrange for a third inspection of this computer in addition to allowing for the one-time exception which I discussed with you previously. Please contact me if you would like to pursue one of these options.

As always, we are here to serve you. Thank you again for your review.
-Josef
Owner, StealthMachines

Toll-free (888) 273-2440 or by e-mail Josef@StealthMachines.com”

"After finally getting fed up dealing with Dell/Alienware I started looking for a new supplier of my gaming laptops. I did the the usual things, started googling and reading reviews. Out of all the different providers out the one company had almost unanimous good ratings. That company was Stealth Machines. The more reviews I read and the more I looked into their warranty the more my mind was made up.

So I pulled the trigger and ordered one. and the experience has been exactly what I expected after reading all those reviews. Josef called and we went over my configuration and I made some changes to my order based on his suggestions. Even with those changes its as still better for a lot less money than alienware.

I have been extremely pleased with this personable buying experience and am looking forward to dealing with them in the future.

modified review This review was modified by Ardell on March 03 2015 06:22:05 AM

"Waiting to get my rig, can't wait! Owner, Josef, is hands on, and gave me some good recommendations, which I heeded. Good experience so far. "

modified review This review was modified by Vonginn on March 02 2015 03:40:22 PM

"A very easy to navigate website, and when there was a slight hiccup with available parts, Joseph quickly contacted me with alternatives. The purchasing process has been about as painless as I could imagine.

The computer has arrived!

The packing was almost terrifying in how thorough it was. It looked like I could have kicked it down the stairs without causing any damage.

The machine itself is wonderful. Everything was set up and ready to go once I plugged it in (all drivers etc). The included OEM software means that I can install various bits of software if I want, or not bother with them. It's much nicer to spend your time adding things to the computer as opposed to deleting them.

The physical build is fantastic. Very neat, very clean, all cords tucked away instead of spiderwebbing throughout the case. So while you're always paying a premium to have someone else build a computer for you, this was well worth the extra money.

"My experience with StealthMachines first started when a close friend of mine ordered a custom gaming laptop from them and the quality and power was impressive not just for a notebook, but for a gaming PC overall. Soon after, I ordered a custom notebook for my wife, and even though we had some financial issues on our end, Josef and the team at StealthMachines provided what I can only say is the absolute best customer service experience that I have ever had and delivered a beautiful and reliable machine in no time at all. Now, I was ready to get myself my dream gaming rig, and not only did the order go smoothly, but Josef, the owner of StealthMachines, was there to answer all of my questions, and was even willing to suggest more reliable parts that saved me money on my build. If you are planning on building your own PC, stop and take a look at StealthMachines first, you will not be disappointed. No boutique builder can beat them on quality of parts, craftsmanship, price, warranty and especially service. "

modified review This review was modified by jchesla on March 04 2015 09:25:55 PM

"I love my Stealthmachine. Let me say that up-front. It's a fantasticly built computer. Customer service was quick and helpful. Even after problems on my end with their website, the nice guys at Stealthmachines helped me out and sent me a personalized invoice.

My problem, and the reason I gave them a 4 and not a 5 was that they shipped my machine to the wrong address. I had put in a shipping address that was different than my billing address. It was an easy fix with FedEx that didn't take me more than a 10-minute car ride to the FedEx office near me to have it routed to my business instead of my home.

I do love these guys, and aside from that error which should've been avoided by reading the PayPal info I sent and the special directions where I wrote that my shipping and billing were different, these guys are really good at what they do.

My computer's been up and is still running beautifully after a few weeks. I hope to keep it running for years to come.

Rock on, Stealthmachines.

-John Bowman
Customer

"I started to deal with DELL and it was a nightmare. Stealth Machines came through and saved the day! These guys were great! The customer service was GREAT!"

"I've read the reviews and I can say they are all true. I had been looking for a new notebook for a while and the team at Stealth Machines has been there the entire time to answer questions, and help with suggestions.

Once I actually placed my order I got a call from Josef (the owner) there was a slight problem with one of the parts I orders, but we were able to get a comparable part and saved another few dollars to boot.

This note books runs like a dream, looks great, and best part of all ZERO BLOATWARE!!! It is so nice to have a new computer that I don't have to go through and uninstall useless free versions of software that I would never want or need. Did I mention I wasn't forced into Windows 8?

My only complaint, if I could really call it that, would be that I would like to receive a shipment notification once it shipped. The whole process was less than 10 days from order, assembly, and shipping.

"Ordered a custom gaming laptop from StealthMachines. Ed was very helpful in resolving a credit card issue. Had my new computer in a week. Everything worked fine right out of the box. No crapware and/or bloatware which was great. I found StealthMachines on this website, and I'm glad I did."

"Just got my new PC delivered in perfect conditions , everything was well protected. After plugging everything in, it started up immediately with no problems. Also no bloatware whatsoever,
cable management and customer service where top notch.
Very knowledgeable and professional,
thank you StealthMachines Team!

"After a lot of comparison shopping I went with StealthMachines and so far I am very happy with my purchase and the customer service. I had a few questions that were answered very quickly through email. I was also contacted by Ed concerning my pick for a suitable PSU based on my configuration and also for future expansion. I also received emails from Josef, the owner asking if I had any questions.
StealthMachines is not the least expensive company building custom computers but they have shown me that they really are interested in being sure that I am happy with my purchase.
I would not hesitate in suggesting StealthMachines to anyone.

"I needed a new computer for film work and personal gaming, and I had initially attempted to buy an Alienware system from Dell. After a month and countless delays (along with a slim choice of hardware addons), I had to cancel the order. That's when I came upon StealthMachines. Unlike other computer websites, I was able to call and speak with Ed, who not only was the head of the team building my computer, but also a nice, polite and smart guy that helped me decide everything I needed to build a computer that was faster, more secure, and better in every way than the Alienware I was previously considering. The prices at StealthMachines were reasonable considering the expertise going into the computer builds, and the personal customer service made it more than worth it to pay more than some of the other big business-small warranty sites out there. Thank you, StealthMachines, I will be recommending you to my friends and colleagues!"

"When I first found this company, I had already been doing quite a bit of research for the new computer that I was planning on purchasing. I was pleasantly surprised to find that there was a myriad of positive reviews covering every aspect of the company and its employees. I went about ordering my machine, very satisfied with the guide page's tips on what to choose and why, and then placed my order. I did not pay for any kind of rush or expedited shipping, but my computer is being mailed today (05/13/2013), which was an amazing turnaround considering I was expecting closer to 30 days from my order date on the fifth.

As far as customer service is concerned, I couldn't be more satisfied. When I inquired about the status of my computer, I promptly received a response from Ed, the system builder at StealthMachines, informing me of not only my computer's progress, but also an ETA for ship time. He was even nice enough to give me a heads up today so that I would know the computer was being shipped.

All in all StealthMachines is an excellent company with employees that are knowledgeable about computers and dedicated to providing excellent customer service. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone looking for an excellent computer from a reliable company.

"I am like all the reviews before this. I had ordered my workstation from those commercial companies only to be disappointed. After lots of research, I found StealthMachines and thanks to their stellar records, I decided to take a leap.
The owner reached out to me and gave advice regarding my configuration, which I really appreciate. Since I am not much of a computer genius, all I wanted was a machine that does the work.
I didn't order for rush built, so mine arrived around 3 weeks.
It was well packaged and they left a little note which was quite thoughtful.
I have been using my machine for video editing and love it.
It's quiet and fast and does the work.
I would definitely recommend this team of people!
Thank you!

"Really good overall experience. Great customer service - talked straight with the owner. Possibly some of the best equipment available."

Share StealthMachines's store rating

StealthMachines is a Merchant Member! Learn more

StealthMachines is a merchant member
StealthMachines participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,839 merchant members.