• Rating 1.17/10 39 reviews

Starlight Cameras / Starlightcamera / TheDigitalNerds / Stargate Photo / The Camera Whiz / Wawa Digi is not a merchant member
    Starlight Cameras / Starlightcamera / TheDigitalNerds / Stargate Photo / The Camera Whiz / Wawa Digi does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Starlight Cameras / Starlightcamera / TheDigitalNerds / Stargate Photo / The Camera Whiz / Wawa Digi contact information

"This company is nothing but liats and cheats. They offer a low price on an item and then try to hard sell you an added product for twice it is worth. If you don't buy the add on they just cancel your order. This is nothing but FRAUD...
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!

"We received exactly what we ordered for a more than reasonable price. We received the camera within a very reasonable time (about 7 to 10 working days, I don't remember exactly). We have had the camera and have been using it with no problems. The person who I talked to on the phone was polite, did not try any hard sale tactics, and seemed very knowledgable. We are extremely satisfied."

"Attempted to cancel order on morning of 11/11 but was told Order had been shipped. When it had not been received by 11/15, I called and was given UPS #. Checked UPS and learned Order had been shipped at the end of the day 11/11, hours after I had called to cancel. They were very rude and refused to give me RMA number. I refused to accept package and UPS returned it to them on 11/22. On 11/15 I was told I would receive an immediate refund on their receipt of the returned package. They have refused and failed to issue the refund and at various times said they would deduct cnacellation fees, shipping costs which were in excess of UPS charges, restocking fees. I have objected to all of these since I attempted to cancel the Order before it was shipped. I also never received a statement of their charges. Every time I have called, they have given me the run around or said they were too busy to talk. They never gave names and confirmed nothing in writing."

"Beware this vendor! Bought Nikon Coolpix 3200 via website Nov. 24, and immediately called to verify order. Told it was in stock and would arrive in 3-4 weeks. No further word until I called to check status Dec. 9, and was told the product is not in stock and the order is canceled (after I was asked if it was just the camera that was purchased). So since I bought the camera at a low price without the overpriced accessories, they decided not to honor the order but didn't even bother to ever tell me about it. What a fiasco."

"Never to business with this company.
After I placed an order for a Xmas Camera, a week later I had a salesman call me to add more equipment to the order. I declined. I call 1 week later, was put on hold 4 times, to ask the status of the order. I am told that since I did not add any additional equipment to may order, then I should call my credit card company to see if they charged for my order. Otherwise they said then my order was chanced, and then they hung up. I called back to speak to a manager, and was repeatedly put on hold and was passed around with no one to talk to. This place is a scam. I have now read all the bad reports. They need to be reported. Stay away from this company and then they will not rip others off.

"Wow. This would have to be the WORST ordering experience I've ever had on the internet. No matter how tempting this site looks DO NOT order from it.
I ordered a digital camera from them, the guy called me to confirm the order and asked me if i wanted a memory card to go along with it (cause it didnt come with any memory, though i read it did), so he ask me how much i would pay for it I said $40 , he said ok, its $49, but he would give me for $39. I was suspicioius about that. But anyway so he called me back later saying the card was declined and if I can use another card, I said to cancel the order for now and Iwould probably reorder, then he started to get angry and ask me for the expiration date,etc. Then i said i just want it cancelled, and he said if I cancel it I can't reorder it, I asked y, he said its just so. I said just cancel it then. Then he said if i cancel it and then reorder that he will just charge my credit card but will not send me any camera, then hang up.
Anyone that can react like that must not want any business. I say NEVER order anything from this site and make sure anyone you know doesn't.

"cancelled my order before it was shipped....very rude and unprofessional....NEVER USE THESE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU WILL BE SORRY!!!!"

"I came across what appeared to be a great deal on one of the price comparison sites for a Nikon Coolpix 3700. The vendor was www.starlightcamera.com. I ordered the camera online, and received an e-mail confirming my purchase.

I was called the next day and the guy proceeded to make the hard sell on memory cards and additional batteries. I didn’t want or need anything but the camera and he said it would be 7 or 8 business days to receive it. It is now two weeks later, I have received no camera and my credit card has not been charged. I called Starlight Camera and was connected to a man who did not want my “Order ID” number to check anything. All he wanted to know was what else I had purchased with the camera. I told him I hadn’t bought anything except the camera. He said to call my bank and see if I have been charged and call him back. I checked with the bank – I had still not been charged and called him back and told him that. He right away said that they did not have the camera in stock – he had never asked what camera or what my name was. He said he’d give me the name of another website to get the camera from and when I asked what the website was he hung up on me.

I suggest to anyone reading this, do not do business with www.starlightcamera.com! They are with out a doubt a bunch of crooks and they won't be there tomorrow if you know what I mean!! And that good review above has got to work for them.

It is now 12/03/04 and I still have not heard from them and don't want to at this point. I check my Visa account constantly to make sure they haven't billed me. Trash just trash.

modified review This review was modified by McGiles on December 03 2004 09:41:39 PM

Columbus Ohio

"(drats, killed my original review by posting this, ah well) See, I knew somebody would say that I worked for them, which is why I decided to check here now and then. I DO NOT WORK FOR STARLIGHTCAMERAS. Sheesh! As an update, my only gripe is that there was a rebate on the camera and they removed the UPC code so I wasn't able to take advantage of it. Another look at the camera on their site and it did say "price after rebate." I wonder how they are able to get the rebates, must have a large family ;) Bottom line for me: I wanted accessories anyways, and saved considerably by purchasing the camera AND their accessories, and it arrived in 4 business days..all new stuff, in box, etc. and everything works perfectly. I agree with everybody else that the people there are brash New Yorkers and their selling style is hardcore. I grew up there so I know how that all works. I guess if that's not your style, you would be best looking elsewhere. I'm happy with my purchase, sorry guys...what can I say? :p"

modified review This review was modified by mdcohn on November 29 2004 04:20:08 AM

"This business is EVIL! I purchased an item on their website and when I attempted to print my receipt someone else's information was on it. I tried to email the company but the emails kept bouncing back. I received a confirmation email with my correct info and tried to check the status on the website. When I pulled up my order someone else's info was on it. I called and the employee was not just rude but HOSTILE. I was completely nice but he just hung up on me!!! Has anyone actually purchased anything from this company?"

"Placed an order, received a call to thank me for the order. Then the rep. proceeded to try to sell ma a battery pack at three different prices, 89.00, 69.00, and his "final offer" at 49. When I said not at this time, he said fine and that the camera I ordered was not in and then hung up the phone. I called customer service and they were just as rude, he hung up as well. Would never deal with this company again. I was told when I ordered the camera it was in stock. Customer service said that their sales reps are trained to try and sell you other products to go along with your purchase. When I asked why he didn't tell me upfront that the camera was out of stock, he hung up. "

"These guys are plain crooks – they accept your order, then they call you trying to sell more stuff, and if you don’t want to buy it, they will be rude and finally, either you will be forced to cancel your order or, for one reason or another, your order will not be shipped (read previous reviews). In my case, when I refused to buy extra stuff, I was told that the digital camera I have ordered from them would not be new, although their Web site clearly states that everything they sell is brand new. As a result you supply these crooks with your personal and credit card data (who knows how it will be used later) and in most cases you never receive your order. "

"I bought a canon a85 camera. Had to call them to verify the order at which time they tried to sell extras .After 2 weeks we called to check on the order and they said the order has been cancelled because of back orders but their home page shows the item in stock.We asked about this and they hung the phone up on us. Bad Company!!!"

"RUN AWAY FORM THESE GUYS! two different models, lied to about avalability, promised twice it was shipped, spoke to a different person who stated they were both on back order for 3 weeks!!"

"***WARNING***
We ordered from them online, they contacted us via the phone and were unwilling to sell us the camera without purchasing accessories. There offer to sell us merchandise was an "insincere offer".

If you have experianced similar problems you can report them to the New York State Attorney General's Internet Bureau by going to this site.

modified review This review was modified by davids123 on November 09 2004 12:18:47 PM