• Address: 817 Corporate Way, Fremont, CA

Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.88/10 6.88/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.88/10 6.88/10

What is this?

"I placed two orders so far with Star Mirco. The First order arrived from CA to FL in two days everything was correct and all 3 CPU's worked fine. The 2nd Order I had to wait 10 days for delivery because their vendor sent the wrong CPU. Once the order was shipped it reached me in two days. I emailed them and the responded politely right away and stayed in contact with me. I only wish they had reached out to me first when my item was back ordered"

"I've been ordering form StarMicro for the past few years, mostly CPUs, some relatively hard to find. I keep coming back because they seem to be reliable. My orders are correct, and I get them in reasonable time. The prices are fair, and the parts work. Of the vendors I've used, I feel I can trust them. The most recent order was taking a little longer than expected, and customer service answered my question tight away. Good price, quality merchandise, they have what I need, and responsive customer support. I like that. It seems so rare nowadays. "

"Greats guys.
I'm writing after using the motherboard I bought from Starmicro for a couple of months now. It has been working fine.
Packing was solid. And it was delivered way before the said delivery date.
"Highly" recommended seller.

"Don't ever buy from this store, or you will regret. They shipped a defect motherboard. I agreed to pay 20% restocking fee. When they received it, they said it does not work, so they won't refund me 80% left."

modified review Rep reply posted Jul-10-2014

starmicroinc, StarMicro, Inc. / starmic rep has responded

“CUSTOMER SENT THE MOTHERBOARD BACK FOR REFUND AS CUSTOMER DO NOT NEED IT AND AGREED TO GIVE 20% RESTOCKING FEE AS OUR COMPANY POLICY BUT WE HAVE CLEARLY WRITTEN IN OUR RETURN POLICY:
All products must be returned in like-new condition, including original packaging, all documentation and accessories.
Charges will be applied for all missing accessories or parts.
- StarMicro Inc will not accept items that have been physically damaged or misused.
AS WE RECEIVED THE MOTHERBOARD WHICH WAS NOT PACKED PROPERLY AND THE PINS WERE DAMAGED AND WE SENT CUSTOMER THE PICTURE.
BEST REGARDS,
STARMICRO INC.”

"Placed the order - it was accepted, and I got a USPS tracking number supplied pretty much immediately. However - 9 days later, the order had still not arrived, and no progress was shown with the tracking number. I contacted them, to advise that I'd not received the order - and got a reply stating that the CPU i had ordered was out of stock - and they were attempting to track down another unit. I replied saying that I would accept the slightly slower PU that they had in stock, if the original ordered one was not available. 8 days later - I was getting kind of p***ed off - and fired off another email, saying that I was about to cancel the whole order. Two days later - a reply saying that they had obtained the correct CPU, and it was on it's way. A new tracking number was supplied - and progress was shown! Order has just arrived, well packed, and accurate as ordered.

They need to review their customer service - and advise customers IMMEDIATELY when there is a problem supplying something! I'd rather know what was happening - even if it means there will be a delay - than be left in the dark.

"I placed an order for a 2.5" hard drive showing as "in stock." Shipping page says "All the Online Orders are processed on the same day if the order is placed before 12:00PM PST [Tuesday-Friday]." Order was placed 3/6 1:36 PM PST, and so should have gone out 3/7. It went out 3/12. A five-day delay when a client is waiting for a repair is major."

"Highly recommend. Lowest prices on the net. I'm in Tampa FL ordered a new hard drive and it was here from their CA store in two days. StarMicro answers there phones promptly when you call them and they are very knowledgable on tech issues and answered all my questions. The hard drive was a breeze to install and they gave me some tips that helped me install my software and drivers."

"I spoke briefly to a rep before i ordered a processor and decided to give these guys a shot.Very glad i did,arrived on the 4th day and was in my machine within an hour and working perfectly .After reading some reviews i was dubious but for the great price what the heck.There is always a chance with amazon,newegg or worse still ebay .I will definitely use starmicro again and will recommend them to other people in the future.Thanks a lot guys. "

"I have a complaint. Your order arrived too quickly and the processor is of a quality I never expected for such a low price.

You guys really put Amazon and Ebay to shame. You provide customer service, support, and discounts above and beyond that which I have experience at much larger internet retailers.

The item got to me within 3 days of ordering, and I did not even have to pay for extra shipping... in fact, shipping was free.

You definitely have won my repeat business from now on. Before Craigslist, Amazon, and Ebay, I will go to Starmicro first!!

Sincerely,
Daniel Slack
daniel.slack@live.com

"I have had several favorable transactions with this company. This time I had occasion to cancel an order before it was shipped, so I sent an email on Sunday, as the items were ordered on Saturday. I received an email back on Monday and today (Wednesday) I received the receipt that the proper credit was received from my account company. Well done Star Micro! I was not asked by Star Micro to write this review, just a happy customer. "

"100% satisfied with the product I bought and its price. Will deal with you for future purchases also."

"The price was right but the item was wrong. They did not send me the item I ordered, and while it is similar enough that i can order an adapter to make it fit, I'm out an additional $11. I was worried about returning the item to them because there is little information about their return policy on their website, except stating they may charge you 15-20% of the cost of the item to return it which is fucked up in my opinion especially since they are the ones who sent me the wrong item. Anyways, I emailed them a week ago asking them about their return policy and if they would send me the item i actually ordered or would refund me my money so i can purchase the correct item from someone else. They have yet to respond to my email, so I'm pretty pissed off because i'd planned on upgrading my laptop and having the process only take a couple of days, but now it's been going on 2 weeks! If you want to risk getting the wrong item from them and never hearing from them again then order from them, but I'll never order from them again even if they have the "best price" as their website boasts."

"I bought some memory for my Macbook. I received it the very next day via USPS. And it is so much cheaper too."

"Their products are OK....IF they get your order right. They seem to have a problem getting memory orders right. TWICE they have sent me the wrong memory even after they check marked it on the invoice costing me the repairs and customers. Their shipping is fast but what good is it if you don't get what you ordered. They used to be really good. What happened? I just ordered some more memory today but it wasn't from StarMicro. Looking at the reviews on StarMicro looks like I'm not the only one."

"StarMicro Inc. shipped my order correctly and quickly. The items I ordered were quite reasonably priced, if not amazingly cheap.

There was no need to register and create a password, which made the experience seem nice and easy and quicker than I'd expected.

StarMicro, Inc. / starmicroinc.net is a Merchant Member! Learn more

StarMicro, Inc. / starmicroinc.net is a merchant member
StarMicro, Inc. / starmicroinc.net participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,921 merchant members.