StarMicro, Inc. / starmicroinc.net Reviews - starmicroinc.net Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 8.33/10 217 reviews

StarMicro, Inc. / starmicroinc.net is a merchant member
StarMicro, Inc. / starmicroinc.net participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,865 merchant members.

What is this?

Rating 4/102/5

"I placed an order for a 2.5" hard drive showing as "in stock." Shipping page says "All the Online Orders are processed on the same day if the order is placed before 12:00PM PST [Tuesday-Friday]." Order was placed 3/6 1:36 PM PST, and so should have gone out 3/7. It went out 3/12. A five-day delay when a client is waiting for a repair is major."

"Highly recommend. Lowest prices on the net. I'm in Tampa FL ordered a new hard drive and it was here from their CA store in two days. StarMicro answers there phones promptly when you call them and they are very knowledgable on tech issues and answered all my questions. The hard drive was a breeze to install and they gave me some tips that helped me install my software and drivers."

"I spoke briefly to a rep before i ordered a processor and decided to give these guys a shot.Very glad i did,arrived on the 4th day and was in my machine within an hour and working perfectly .After reading some reviews i was dubious but for the great price what the heck.There is always a chance with amazon,newegg or worse still ebay .I will definitely use starmicro again and will recommend them to other people in the future.Thanks a lot guys. "

"I have a complaint. Your order arrived too quickly and the processor is of a quality I never expected for such a low price.

You guys really put Amazon and Ebay to shame. You provide customer service, support, and discounts above and beyond that which I have experience at much larger internet retailers.

The item got to me within 3 days of ordering, and I did not even have to pay for extra shipping... in fact, shipping was free.

You definitely have won my repeat business from now on. Before Craigslist, Amazon, and Ebay, I will go to Starmicro first!!

Sincerely,
Daniel Slack
daniel.slack@live.com

"I have had several favorable transactions with this company. This time I had occasion to cancel an order before it was shipped, so I sent an email on Sunday, as the items were ordered on Saturday. I received an email back on Monday and today (Wednesday) I received the receipt that the proper credit was received from my account company. Well done Star Micro! I was not asked by Star Micro to write this review, just a happy customer. "

"100% satisfied with the product I bought and its price. Will deal with you for future purchases also."

Rating 4/102/5

"The price was right but the item was wrong. They did not send me the item I ordered, and while it is similar enough that i can order an adapter to make it fit, I'm out an additional $11. I was worried about returning the item to them because there is little information about their return policy on their website, except stating they may charge you 15-20% of the cost of the item to return it which is fucked up in my opinion especially since they are the ones who sent me the wrong item. Anyways, I emailed them a week ago asking them about their return policy and if they would send me the item i actually ordered or would refund me my money so i can purchase the correct item from someone else. They have yet to respond to my email, so I'm pretty pissed off because i'd planned on upgrading my laptop and having the process only take a couple of days, but now it's been going on 2 weeks! If you want to risk getting the wrong item from them and never hearing from them again then order from them, but I'll never order from them again even if they have the "best price" as their website boasts."

"I bought some memory for my Macbook. I received it the very next day via USPS. And it is so much cheaper too."

Rating 4/102/5

"Their products are OK....IF they get your order right. They seem to have a problem getting memory orders right. TWICE they have sent me the wrong memory even after they check marked it on the invoice costing me the repairs and customers. Their shipping is fast but what good is it if you don't get what you ordered. They used to be really good. What happened? I just ordered some more memory today but it wasn't from StarMicro. Looking at the reviews on StarMicro looks like I'm not the only one."

"StarMicro Inc. shipped my order correctly and quickly. The items I ordered were quite reasonably priced, if not amazingly cheap.

There was no need to register and create a password, which made the experience seem nice and easy and quicker than I'd expected.

Rating 8/104/5

"First off I have to say how nice it has been doing business with Starmicro. I have ordered several things, and have had no problems whatsoever.Now for the fun... hey Mr. bbb, tell the truth, the ONLY reason you went to Starmicro for that chip is because your too cheap to go to Intel! You don't buy a brand new Intel cpu for $20.00 and then cry, because it's not really what you wanted. And to the guy, who like you, waited too long to return the product, or complain about the product. GROW UP, you r responsible for your actions, no one else! If you didn't care enough, when you could have helped your self. Why do you care now??? I will keep going back to Starmicro, to buy what I need. Because I know where to go if I want the best of the best. And I know how much it costs, also.Don't lie about a company that is better than you are.Your actions, show how little you care. Your reviews, simply point that out. oh yeah, if you know anyplace else on the internet, to get 2 (two) 1Tb 7200rpm, Seagate hdd's for $100.00 dollars, that can then be set up in Raid? Do me a favor and, don't, tell me about it! Thanks for listening to me, Adios Muchachos lmao "

"Starmicro took the time to verify tht I placed an order since I was asking for it to be shipped to a different address. I am grateful for a company taking the extra steps to ensure and verify that I did the order. It is very refreshing to know there are companies out there that are concerned about customers and want to ensure that they recieve the best service. Once everything was verified shipping was fast and their product was exactly as advertised. Looking forward to my next purchase."

"quick service ..... recommended"

"Ordered an Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 CPU for my HP laptop. Description was "Intel Core 2 Duo Mobile T8300 2.4GHz 3MB L2 Cache 800MHz Socket P SLAPA SLAYQ Mobile OEM Processor" and it was WAY cheaper than anywhere else. I was weary of that but it was brand new bulk. Product was exactly as described and was shipped fast.

04-28-2013 - Placed order on-line Sunday night.
05-01-2013 - CPU was delivered via USPS Priority Mail.

One thing that was kinda freaky was that the USPS tracking number that was provided was showing (on the Star Micro web site) "delivered" from the start and it had some old dates. If I go back and check now, it all looks normal. The USPS web site was always showing it normally.

"I ordered a ram stick for my laptop on a Friday afternoon. In that I attached a note telling them the application and that if there were any known conflicts to please advise. I'd buy something else. Somebody from Starmicro picked up the phone and called me right away. He told me that I'd made the right choice and that they would ship it out right away. They did too. It arrived on Monday and was installed in the machine right away. No problem. I would certainly purchase from them again."