Stores > Staples Office Supplies & Technology

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.21/10 3.21/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"I recently visited the STAPLES store at 7131 W 135, in overland park to buy the iPad. There was a sales REP named , who was helping me or at least pretend to help. He was such a rude guy that i would never visit STAPLES again in my life time. The guy was so ill mannered, he did not know how to talk to customers, was totally manner less. He did not even know how to operate a computer. There was kiosk in the store and i asked him to show me the different options available for iPad, the guy said its not working and he has to go check in the back office. After he went, i simply search on the kiosk and found different options. He came back after 20 minutes with a piece of paper with different configurations, but none of the iPad with more than 64 GB were available in the store. When i asked him do you have anything available in store with more than 64 GB because the site was showing the availability, and his response replied very rudely "DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I SAID". I showed him on the kiosk that its saying you have the availability but his response was "DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I SAID" . I think the guy was illiterate, did not even know how to talk. I would not recommend STAPLES to anyone rather I would suggest if you want to get yourself humiliated only then go to the STAPLES store. I don’t have a option to give less than one star in the review, but if I had the option, I would have given less than a star to STAPLES customer service. "

"Purchased Brother MFC-J470DW printer for my daughter whilst we visiting from NH.
It started playing up within a month, the Wi-Fi couldn't find the printer although the printer indicated it was connected. We managed to overcome the problem, then it reoccurred. when I arrived upon this present visit I tried to download all the drivers and apps, the procedure fried my laptop.
My daughter managed to lose her receipt. I phoned Staples and asked if they could help resolve the situation, NO was their reply. The customer has just 14 days to return any computer of related equipment. They were not interested in my problems and said as much.
I mistakenly phoned Walmart in the first instance truly believing I had purchased the printer from them. The manager at our local store was prepared to do anything to make amends for my experience.
The moral of the story is shop at Walmart, Target, KMart....well anywhere but Staples. No wonder they are having to close stores in the less populated areas.
No customer service here, truly a contradiction in terms.

"They've put me on their blacklist for an error from their end. No way to go off that list except wasting my time I person. Passed by 2 years I made another order online, got conformation, after 2 weeks I see my order didn't arrive I check up on my order status on website, and no info available."

This review was modified by Yankygo on October 03 2015 08:34:33 PM

"I hate having to pay so much for genuine HP ink for my fantastic HP inkjet printer. Two weeks ago on a Saturday I discovered that I was out of ink. Having been to Staples recently and suffering from sticker shock I proceeded to use my Amazon Prime account to order one black ink cartridge, number 96 at a price of $26.97 with free shipping. A few minutes later I realized that I had this Staples Reward offer for $30.00 off an order of $60.00 or more, on-line only. I went to the Staples we site and ordered a two-pack of the same ink cartridges for $73.99 minus the $30.00, about $22.00 each with free shipping, a great deal. On Monday my amazon package arrived. On Thursday I receive an email from Staples stating that my package is not deliverable and that they don't deliver to PO Boxes. Really, your web site software didn't flag that while I was ordering? I called the customer service phone number and they told me that my order had been returned and that they would have to re-ship. I asked if I could do an in store pick-up and they said no. I asked who their carrier was and they could not answer that. I gave them my physical address and they said that it would ship on Monday. On the following Wednesday one of my neighbors comes by for a visit and hands me a package explaining that it was sitting next to my front tire of my car which was backed into my driveway, It was on the passenger side and was likely going to get run over as I would not have gone all the way around and checked that side before getting into my car and heading out. Really, they can't put it on the porch. Toss it into the driveway. Staples, never again! No wonder Amazon is kicking your ass!"

This review was modified by JoeMamaSan on July 08 2015 05:11:26 PM

"I highly recommend Norton and tech2serve. They make great partners. Staples did not ask me to do this. I am a satisfied customer."

"Great service! Love this site! Will recommend to all!"

"Toner arrived the day after I placed the order via their own truck. No damage, well packed. Was easy to order and with last weeks extra discount, was a good price."

"Website said item was in stock. They emailed me later and said item was out of stock and then canceled my order."

This review was modified by compuxparts on May 27 2015 01:30:41 PM

"Craptacular service! Ordered in stock item on 3/26 with ETA for 3/28. 3/28 comes and goes with nothing delivered. Call staples: "Oh the ETA is always wrong it takes 2-6 business days." Six business days later nothing. Check my order set to be delivered by 4/6. 4/6 goes by no order go to see what is going on, on 4/7 and my order has magically disappeared. Apparently staples decided after 3 weeks of wasting my time they were going to cancel the order and act like it never happened. Lets be honest this place is good for picking up pencils and highlighters. Anything more sophisticated then that is way too hard for them!"

"Perhaps when ordering online you should include a business or residential order and also include whether or not you want to be treated poorly. I tried to order a small order to my residence there was no choice between office or residence and now I've had several calls asking me to make sure someone is home and even when I was home waiting all day three days past when my order was supposed to be here I'm still without my order and very disappointed. Perhaps staples should consider shipping through FedEx or ups at least they know what they're doing"

"I needed a few thousand rubber bands for my delivery company, and staples seemed like the best place to go (or that's what the prices suggested anyway). There are a wide range available, I really wasn't looking for super quality, but I didn't expect the 'flimsyest' bands you'd ever see! Yes the pricing is competitive, and the service is fantastic, but there is work to be done in the quality compartment. I rate 4/5"

"They had the router in stock. Price was good after instant discount, plus coupon. Router waas easy to setup and is working fine."

"Quick and Easy. No problems with the order."

"Unfortunately,it's a unbelievably ridiculous service and management. When I paid my laptop at Walnut store I double check with their service guy---yes,one day delivery! But after one day I am not receive anything and I check the shipping status ---it will took 6 days to my house! I have travel airplane the day after tomorrow. Contact customer service no one can solve the problem. And every times transfer need waiting 30 mins until you give up. I don't understand what's wrong with this store. Ridiculous! Guarantee no more business! If you want to have a happy day ,don't deal with Staples!"

"This is an Excellent Product Protection Plan to Purchase with Your Electronic Equipment. The just register your yourself once, and products when you get them. scan in and email them your receipt according to their specific instructions, and you are set just in case you have to file a claim. When you have to file a claim just contact them and if they have everything they need from you to file and process a claim, they will notify you and email you a FedEx shipping Label for your problematic product. Just box up your problematic, send it to them with all accessories that it came with, use the prepaid FedEx Label, deliver it to FedEx, or Schedule a FedEx Pickup, and once it is picked up the claim payment will be processed and sent to you within 2ays by PayPal immediately; a check within 5 business days, or a Staples gift card in the amount that you originally listed for your problematic product on the receipt. They pay fast!"

This review was modified by randlaw2 on February 12 2015 07:18:49 PM

Share Staples Office Supplies & Technology's store rating

Staples Office Supplies & Technology is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Staples Office Supplies & Technology is not a merchant member
Staples Office Supplies & Technology does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!