Staples OfficeCoupons

Product & services pricing Rating 4.58/10 4.58/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.92/10 2.92/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10

"They advertised a Oki C331dn Color Laser online for 249 and when I bought it they said it was out of stock and they would not honor the order, yet they kept advertising it (because it got them to the top of the e-commerce vendor lists such as on Google Products and Amazon).

Fraudulent. Our attorney is going to contact them. Anyways, this may only be one crook at Staples and does not necessarily reflect on the company as a whole.

"I know the reviews are terrible, but I've had great experiences ordering from Staples online. 5 stars compared to the other office supply stores we order from at work!"

"I bought many things from there and the usage was awesome!"

"Started looking for my laptop from Black Friday sale early on Wednesday. Had several choices from Staples, Bestbuy, Office Depot etc. Finally decided to buy one from Staples.
After 5 days on Monday they tell me that the item is out of stock and cancelled the order. I called up to check if they can do rain check or replace it with another with similar configuration only to hear No!
Wouldn't have expected this kind of response or delay, which caused me to miss out the Black Friday sale entirely from a reputed retailer like Staples.

modified review This review was modified by mrin.shop on December 01 2014 01:46:57 PM

"I placed an order online, and never received the order after 15 days! I went to check the status of the order, it showed that it was processing but the expected delivery date was 9 days ago! I chatted to a representative online who told me to contact the phone customer service since my order had been "CANCELLED"!!!! I was just furious! Called the customer service on the phone and apparently they had called my cellphone to verify my shipping address (I do not have the call in my missed calls list) and since I had not responded within 3 business days, they had automatically cancelled my order! NEVER will order again from this site."

modified review This review was modified by ffarzana on November 12 2014 11:30:15 AM

"These guys are just crooks. Ordered items mid Sept (. Did not receive anything a month later. Was never notified of any issues. Called to see what the problem is. They couldn't get it delivered and had their item back but never refunded me. Thanks, you got your product back and my money? Lady that answered my call had to have another lady process my refund but I only got $6.48 refunded out of $16.43 that I spent!! They could not refund shipping and coupon. Lost almost $10 and got NOTHING. Will never deal with this company again. "

"Staples Saint Augustine Florida US1 South
Customer service bad!!
NO one offers to help you. I waited over 30 min in furniture area to buy a desk. Took 2 times going up front to ask for help and finally the manager (Bob) came back with bad attitude and excuses for the no help! I will NEVER shop there again and I will advise everyone I know not to. I will contact their home office and Cyber notify every internet site I can find.

modified review This review was modified by philobeto174 on September 02 2013 02:09:04 PM

"It is back to school time and Staples front page flyer shows some great deals to get you in the store e.g 25 cent bic pen packs, etc. Problem is all the stuff I wanted which brought me into the store was "out of stock". No rain checks.

Their advice: try another store or come back later in the week.

Really???

modified review This review was modified by Mvuj1 on July 24 2013 08:02:25 AM

"I went to Staples today to pick up some things, most on sale. I had 4 pages of things printed out to buy and had made an reservation for one of the items. I got an email today saying that my item was ready for pick up. Going through the store I found only a few items that were on my list. I went up to the service desk to ask for help. After standing there watching 2 employees talking, and another helping a person who arrived after me I finally said are you going to ask if I need help. I got told they didn't have the first missing item from my list. I asked for help on a few more locations.
Out of the 4 pages of things to buy, they had 3 of the items on my list from their sale ad. It's Tuesday, so their ad has been on for 2 days. Insane. I almost expected the .25 cent items to be gone, but not all the rest of the items. So I asked for my order that I got informed was there. One girl looked and then had to call a manager. My order was not there. I gave up, said they could put my few items in my cart away and left vowing that I WILL NEVER RETURN TO STAPLES.

modified review This review was modified by twyckoff on July 23 2013 06:01:51 PM

"Placed an order online for store pickup. I got an email receipt saying the order had been placed and would be delivered to the store on Thursday. On Thursday I called the store and they said they didn't have my order. So I did an email search and sure enough in my JUNK mail I had an email from Staples saying there was an "issue" with my order and it had never been placed. I had filled in not one, but TWO phone numbers on my order but nobody called to say there was an issue, and it makes no sense that their email went to junk mail. So I had to call customer service to place ANOTHER order which took me 15 minutes to do during my work hours. The person on the phone was not apologetic at all and had me wait for over 5 minutes while she checked on my old order (having me repeat the order number 3 times). It seemed to me like she wanted me to hang up and give up. I almost did! Now I have to wait another 5 days to get my order.(Already waited 5 days) And no apology! Terrible customer service experience. If I didn't really need this item, I would never order from them again. Luckily I can borrow the item I was supposed to ALREADY have from someone else for my presentation. They really let me down. "

modified review This review was modified by Altisia on July 18 2013 06:27:28 AM

"I had ordered a Canon laser cartridge online because Staples had the best price for this item. I received 2 telephone calls that it had arrived and went in to pick it up the next day. On a Monday afternoon, there was no one in line at the one open cashier. The cashier could pull up my name on the computer, but, unfortunately, she had no idea where to locate my cartridge. After the cashier sifted through different areas, I waited until she could locate the supervisor who could retrieve my order. As I looked around the store, it was noticeably disorganized--at the checkout area and atop shelves. If they were in the middle of inventory, it was still disheveled and messy. Perhaps it was the Monday following a big weekend sale. But since it was 4:30 in the afternoon, one would think that the mess after the weekend would have been somewhat picked up, especially up front. A little more attention to detail and organization, especially in the areas where customers first walk in would be helpful."

modified review This review was modified by hwelk on July 15 2013 05:20:58 PM

"I recently order some print cartridges online. The ones I clicked on were 'print 3x more pages but they sent 'print 2x more pages. They asked me to send a photo of my order, which I did. They did not reply. Neither did they reply to 2 further emails. The cartridges do work but are not 'high capacity'. This was the only reason I ordered from their site. This particular item was misrepresented on their site

modified review This review was modified by TimothyBlewitt on July 01 2013 02:17:32 PM

"I had recently went to staples to get toner for a science fair project my 11year old daughter was doing. The manager there was AWESOME! He explained to me the only way to get the toner was to either order it in bulk or purchase an ink cartridge still a while in it and carefully extract the toner myself. Since I had very little money and couldn't afford a 50 ink cartridge, the manager offered to extract the toner himself from the cartridges that people and companies brought in for disposal and said he would have it ready by the following Monday and would give me a call, which surprise, he really did! I only had to pay around a dollar for the container he used to hold the toner. Totally went above and beyond on this one!! Thanks Staples!"

modified review This review was modified by bizzybam17 on May 25 2013 05:17:17 AM

"I have been trying to get a rebate of $70 for the last 5 months. I have called repeatedly and went to the store several times concerning this mater. Tonight I called again and was told that my time had expired!

The woman said she would still honor my rebate. They had my email at comcasst.net
Not comcast.net. I would have thought an isp the size of Comcast would be obvious?
In any event I am not going to hold my breath for this rebate. In the past I have been a good customer of Staples purchasing printers and office supply needs. Due to no competition in this aria. In the future I will be one of those customers who buys as little as possible in office supply goods and defiantly nothing with a rebate or warranty. They do have a good sale on paper and pens every now and then.

Long story short, buyer beware! This company leaves a lot to be desired!!!

Joe Logansport Indiana

"1 Feb.2013 bought a Dell laptop at Staples Lititz Pk,Lancaster,Pa and talked into the extra warranty for $115. by sales mgr.Jimmy Bamberger. Early March when setting up I could not burn the recovery disks, kept shutting down at 73%. As I went back to the store to have this covered and repaired under their warranty I was told they needed the recovery disks to make any repair. I informed this "used car salesman" that is the problem I needed fixed. Said there was nothing they can do. I asked what good the wattanty was and was informen they would make the repair if I could get them the recovery disks!!! If I had the diske I would not need them or their worthless warranty. Asked for refund on the warranty and was refused saying it was over 30 days. Senr an email to customer service on the issue and received "NO RESPONSE". Sent letter addressed to Staples CEO Ron Sargent addressing the issue of Staples not providing the warranty service and received "NO RESPONSE". Bought numerous computers from Staples and this was the first warranty purchase and the LAST purchase I will ever make at Staples store. We Have an Officemax that is even closer to my home."

Staples Office Supplies & Technology is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!