• SquareTrade SquareTrade Elite Status

Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.69/10 8.69/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.84/10 8.84/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.55/10 8.55/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.70/10 8.70/10

"My phone fell out of my pocket while riding my motorcycle. Cracked the screen in three places. It was so easy to make a claim online and then I took my phone into a repair shop and emailed square trade the receipt and they sent the money via PayPal. Super easy and much cheaper than if I had insurance through Verizon!!! Thank you!!"

"I still can't believe how good of an experience we had. It was extremely easy to contact squaretrade and explain what happened (iphone got soaked when water bottle opened in bag) and they approved the claim. When they advised us to get a new phone from the apple store and just send them the receipt, I kept waiting for something to go wrong but a few days later the check came in the mail.

Could not be happier and plan to always use them.

"Always excellent! Best warranty company, actually covers your items and delivers. Seamless and easy. Very lucky we use SquareTrade, esp on our weak Apple products.
CANNOT recommend enough. People have to use it to believe it's not like other poor warranty experiences.

"I am very pleased with my SquareTrade claim resolution! I had a cheap Chinese tablet that has safety issues with the power supply overheating and causing sparks when plugged into the electrical outlet. I filed a claim, and it was rapidly approved for replacement! The replacement is an Acer tablet much better than the original tablet, and I am very satisfied with the entire claim process. I will always use SquareTrade for my protection needs for my electronics. Keep up the great job SquareTrade! Thank you for your number one service! "

"I damaged my phone on WEDS but fortunately was covered by a SQUARE TRADE WARRANTY.

I contacted Square Trade that night (24 hour customer seevice). I was told I needed to provide proof i bought the WARRENTY within 30 days of purchasing the phone. The Square Trade rep assisted me and had me send the docs to his email& made it easy. I received a FedEx label in the AM & I shipped it Thurs.
FRI I RECEIVED 4 EMAILS:
25% DONE- CLAIM APPROVED
50% COMPLETE - FEDEX RECEIVED MY PKG
75% Complete - Square Trade Received
100% complete- My Repaired Phone has shipped& Fedex Track# (it is arriving this AM.. ON A SATURDAY!!!)

GREAT FAST SERVICE!!!!

"On Thursday, 08/13, I file a claim for my iPhone5. On Saturday night, 08/15, I am notified that my claim is approved and a new phone will soon be on its way.
Tuesday, 08/18, I haven't heard anything so I borrow a phone from a houseguest and call. I get your answering system in Pakistan which asks all kinds of questions which have absolutely nothing to do with a claim follow-up and then am told that you are really busy and to call back later. After three times I get the option to get into the cue so that you will call me back. Someone calls back and after a few times on hold he discovers you don't have any phones to send me. This is very frustrating. This information should have been discovered Saturday night! This person begins to write a repair order but we get disconnected and he doesn't call back. I go through the exact same routine again and Alexi Rain Snyder picks up. Alexi opens up a repair order, gives me a number for your direct line, and his extension number.
Thursday, 08/20, I am notified that you have some questions to ask, and to please call, and I am given the main phone number. I go to a neighbor's house and call. The direct line that Alexi gave me goes through the same stupid questions as the main line except it doesn't give an option to enter an extension number. I call the main line, enter Alexi's extension number, get transferred to your Cisco answering service, and am told that the extension number is not valid. I call on the main line, get the same stupid questions, and am put on hold forever.
Syed Ata finally picks up and promises that I will be fully satisfied by the end of the conversation. After a few times on hold Syed says he needs to check out some things and asks me to call back in an hour, no an hour and a half, no in two hours, and gives me his extension number. I've spent over an hour on my neighbor's phone by now and am nowhere.
I go back to my neighbor's house and Cisco tells me that Syed's extension is not valid either. I go through the same crap as before and finally Grace answers. Thank goodness for Grace. She tells me that my phone is not repairable and recognizes that Pakistan does not have the resources to settle my claim and sends my info to San Francisco. You need more reps like Grace. So I go home.
Before too long my neighbor comes to tell me that I have a call, and it's My'Rissa! She handles my claim in the manner that it should have been settled 6 days earlier. My'Rissa leaves me completely satisfied! She is now my new best friend! She is the only reason I stayed with Square Trade!
So here is my challenge to the Square Trade Management; You call into your own system, pretend that you are seeking status on an existing claim, and that you are calling from a neighbor's very old corded phone, and see how satisfied you are with your customer service!

"Was quick to respond to my broke computer. Seems to be fixed and working now"

"My daughter's IPhone 5s got broken. I expected to send the phone to Square Trade, pay the deductible, and get the replacement several days later. I was delighted when the agent told me to take it to a repair shop, and as long as the repair was under $125, they could cover the entire repair!! The bill came to $78, and I just got a notice that my check is in the mail. I am very pleased! "

"SquareTrade will get 100% of my warranty business after this last repair. My phone was broken on a Friday, they emailed me out a prepaid 2-day Fedex label within an hour!! I sent it the next day on Saturday. They received it on Tuesday, FIXED it Tuesday, AND, sent it back to me via Fedex overnight! I received it on Wednesday and all is perfect with it now! :) A++++ for you SquareTrade!!"

"A SquareTrade warranty is a MUST HAVE for me. I know "experts" say you are wasting your money on extended warranties, however not for me. I've had two Kindles die on their own plus a netbook that had a screen damaged. I believe at least one cell phone met an untimely toilet death. SquareTrade has come through for ALL of these items. We seem to go through dehumidifiers annually but never had a ST warranty on them because my husband thought the warranties were not worth it. Right. With the last unit we bought, I turned around and just bought the ST warranty. We did get one for our new big screen TV.

My inlaws just had a $300 GPS unit die. They sent it to my husband to try to fix but he couldn't. All I said was "Just think, if they had a SquareTrade warranty with ADH, they'd be fully reimbursed if they couldn't fix it." The husband is learning... he said, "Yep. I hope they get one after they buy a new GPS unit."

"I have purchased warranties for a refrigerator, microwave and televisions. Fortunately, I have never had problems with my appliances -but even if you never have to file a claim, SquareTrade's prices can not be beat for peace of mind."

"My experience with SquareTrade was fantastic! After 4 months of ownership, my son accidently stepped on his $850 Samsung Edge phone and cracked the glass. SquareTrade made the claims process easy, and after the repair was done, I had money back in my account within 2 days. I was so very glad that I put my trust in SquareTrade, and I will definitely use them again and again!"

"The instructions from the customer service agent were not clear. I ended up driving to two separate Apple stores. The first Apple store sold me a brand-new Apple phone even though I explained I needed an out-of-warranty phone. Then I had to drive further from my home to another Apple store to check if they had an out-of-warranty phone because Apple wouldn't tell me over the phone. At that Apple store I had to wait four hours for them to tell me they could repair it and did so. Lots of driving around, lots of waiting all because of poor communication on Squaretrade's behalf. Why couldn't SquareTrade just send me a replacement phone so I wouldn't have to deal with all this hassling? Do all your customers have to drive a hundred miles to two separate Apple stores to get a phone fixed? This is very poor customer service and a complete inconvenience to the customer. I'll think twice before purchasing SquareTrade warranties for my electronic products."

Rep reply posted Aug-21-2015

SquareTrade, SquareTrade rep has responded

“Sorry for the frustration! We do offer options for our customers because one resolution may be more convenient than another, but sounds like you were inconvenienced by having to make multiple trips to an Apple store. I've asked a member of our Resolution team to reach out to make sure you're taken care of and will also have the call reviewed to identify if there are any training opportunities.

You're welcome to email us at socialhelps@squaretrade.com if you'd like to provide any additional feedback.

Best regards,
Joseph A
SquareTrade”

"Square Trade is the best warranty service EVER!!!!! No bickering, no fifth degree, and resolution is incredibly fast. I am buying more warranties from them because I have made several claims and they simply ROCK."

"My experience with Square Trade has been nothing short of amazing. Usually when I buy insurance I know that when time comes and I'll need to use it, the insurance company will come after me with deductibles or take a long time to return the money.

I had two great recent experiences with SquareTrade. Their costumer service representatives were attentive and made sure to direct me to the right places. In one case, I had to ship the item (for free), didn't need to pay for it and got my money to my Paypal account a couple of days later. In the other case, I went to fix my camera sensor and they refunded the full amount of the repair - again, in a couple of days via Paypal. I'm very happy with the service and work ethics of the company.

Share SquareTrade's store rating

SquareTrade is a Merchant Member! Learn more

SquareTrade is a merchant member
SquareTrade participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,710 merchant members.