Stores > SquareTrade

Customer service: Rating 8.21/10 8.21/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.92/10 7.92/10

2016-07-15

Felt Relieved!

"I was nervous about calling in to use my protection plan - would something be my fault and it would be voided?! I got the call back (awesome I didn't have to wait...and it was way after normal business hours - 10pm!) and the guy was great! I didn't have any trouble understanding him (or him understanding me) - everything was not a problem - it was perfect! He even laughed at my jokes. :) It worked out really well for me and my repaired equipment is on its way to me now. Yay! Thanks!"

This review was modified by kirs10e on July 15 2016 10:21:43 AM

2016-07-14

Saved me twice in 4 months!

"First I went swimming with my iPhone 6s Plus and they replaced it, then I dropped it and cracked the screen and they took care of that as well! Super easy, no waiting on phone, and would definitely use them again."

This review was modified by cayates81 on July 14 2016 06:53:25 AM

Lifesaver!!

"SquareTrade Saved the Day! my daughter spilled water on her phone! well you can imagine my dismay as we were soon to leave on vacation! I called SquareTrade about the situation and the customer service rep was wonderful! she had a replacement phone shipped out to us the very next day! problem solved! I can't thank you enough for your quick response!"

This review was modified by Rockstar352 on July 14 2016 02:43:35 AM

2016-07-14

Its hip to have Squaretrade!

"Squaretrade is awesome! I got two years of coverage through costco for $99. I wasn't sure I needed it at the time but it's saved me BIG $$$$. Do you wanna see a little crack on your $700 phone make its warranty invalid? I didn't and that's why I got Squaretrade! After purchasing several phones (which worked fine for a few months) but had bad hardware, I was told they wouldn't be covered because of the small screen cracks???!!!! Squaretrade had my back when my latest phone shattered. $50 got me a replacement overnight. NO HASSLES!!! Customer service was excellent and I'm so relieved I had this outstanding insurance. Thank you Squaretrade!!!"

This review was modified by Odawg28 on July 14 2016 12:48:26 AM

2016-07-13

Great service when I needed it

"SquareTrade came through again, when my shredder decided to die on me.

I just wish they would go back to sending the money via PayPal, so I don't have to wait for days for a check to get in, and only then have the money to go buy a new one...

This review was modified by OdedPaz on July 13 2016 10:02:19 PM

2016-07-13

Above and beyond!

"Did Squaretrade offer me this link? Yes. But I would have gladly left a review anyways.

My son's tablet stopped working about six months after we bought it for him. The battery discharged completely and the device wouldn't come up again. I contacted Squaretrade, who let me know that the manufacturer's warranty was still active. They said that if HP made me pay to ship it out for repairs, Squaretrade would cover the cost. I called HP, who said that the tablet was "rebranded" and they had no warranty for it. They told me to call Amazon. I did - Amazon said that they had no warranty, but would partially reimburse me if I made the request.

I asked Amazon to send me an email just informing me (written) that they had no warranty and they immediately complied. I asked HP to do the same, and they outright refused. Asked to be transferred to a manager, and they refused. I called Squaretrade and explained the problem.

The Squaretrade representative put me on a three-way call to HP and dealt with them directly. He sat through the same rigmarole that I did, remaining polite, calm, and professional the entire time, and finally told them that he had been able to verify that they were refusing to send evidence that they would not honor their warranty. Then he asked me to hold on for a moment.

Within less than five minutes, he'd gotten permission to enter his phone call as evidence, okay'd the Squaretrade warranty, and sent me an email (and verified that I received it) with the free shipping label. I sent off the device, and they got it slightly less than 2 days later.

I would definitely choose their service again. Even if your device breaks within the manufacturer warranty period, they will fill in any expenses that the manufacturer doesn't cover, and if you suddenly find out that the item you bought on Amazon is "rebranded", you're still covered.

This review was modified by gothelittle on July 13 2016 04:59:24 PM

2016-06-30

my review

"glad i had it, problem solved"

This review was modified by stevecoo7 on June 30 2016 06:35:35 PM

2016-06-27

HORRIBLE RIPOFF!!!

"What a waste of money!!! Too many hassles on the phone. I dropped my Droid Turbo today and the best they could do was send me a Samsung Galaxy S4. Aren't they supposed to give me a comparable phone? Sorry, but the S4 is a 1 1/2 years older, inferior screen size, inferior screen resolution, half the internal storage. I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!!! Then they said they could give me the name of a phone repair shop. Unfortunately, I have ZERO time during the day to jockey around to phone repair shops. Again.... RIPOFF and POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Better off Doing regular insurance through Verizon!"

This review was modified by Frankdank on June 28 2016 03:00:01 AM
Rep reply posted Jun-29-2016

A rep from SquareTrade, SquareTrade, has responded

“HI Frank, would you mind emailing us at socialhelps@squaretrade.com -- we'll look in to this for you. ^AP”

2016-06-16

Good value for the price

"I purchased this warranty when I bought my smart tv from Amazon. It was a three year extended warranty about to expire. Once my tv acted up, I remembered the warranty. I called squaretrade, talked to a technician. He diagnosed the problem, sent the parts, and sent the technician out to repair my tv. Everything is working great. "

This review was modified by JeffSW on June 16 2016 06:46:17 PM
Rep reply posted Jun-22-2016

A rep from SquareTrade, SquareTrade, has responded

“Good to hear! Glad you remember you were covered and got the TV working again :) Thanks for writing about your experience! ^AP”

2016-06-11

Perfectly and timely repair!

"Everything worked out well. While I was on vacation, the laptop was being repaired! When I came back, I received a notice on my front door from FedEx it had been delivered back, and I received it the next day. I am very pleased to tell you, I did not have to input any files I backed up. It works perfectly! Thanks so much for sending it back to me! "

This review was modified by spaang on June 11 2016 03:38:17 PM
Rep reply posted Jun-14-2016

A rep from SquareTrade, SquareTrade, has responded

“Thank you for posting your review. We appreciate the feedback and hope you had a great vacation! ^AP”

2016-06-01

Smooth

"I called to make a claim on a dive camera that leaked, expecting that even if I was reimbursed, it would not be worth the time and aggravation to make the claim. But, it was pleasant, quick, and successful. Absolute minimal problem. There were several emails to inform me of progress on the claim, then the check. The only inefficiency at all was they repeated one email, from a 2nd service person, apparently they had more than one person seeing to the claim."

This review was modified by H_rvey on June 01 2016 12:34:08 PM

A rep from SquareTrade, SquareTrade, has responded

“We have a few people who oversee that claims and see that customer service is met. Apologies for the duplicate email! Thank you for the feedback, it has been most helpful!”

2016-05-30

Stellar Customer Service from Two Agents

"I contacted SquareTrade regarding the broken sound board on my cell phone. My first agent was William Burg. He was courteous, funny and receptive. He even called me back after he reached the department with which he needed to communicate to follow up with me about the results. Several days later I needed to contact customer service again with additional questions and I spoke with Iman. What a pleasure to deal with someone who understood what i needed and sought out answers from her superior if she was uncertain of the detailed nature of my request. I purchased a new phone and added SquareTrade again, without reservation. Thanks for being customer service oriented. It is much noticed and appreciated."

This review was modified by pabbott63 on May 30 2016 05:08:25 PM

A rep from SquareTrade, SquareTrade, has responded

“Thank you for sharing your experience with us! It's always great to hear about the good stuff too. I'll send this review to the agents, they will be happy to read it! ^AP”

2016-05-30

"At the beginning of my claim being filed, the phone wait time was lengthly in trying to talk with a technician to whom I had been transferred. However, afer this part was completed, the representatives were helpful & began the replacement process. After a couple of weeks, & a couple of calls, it was found that the replacement tv had mistakenly been on backorder. When this was discovered, the representative apologized for the delay & quickly sent the refund of the price of the tv within a couple of days. I was very pleased with the process after the mistake was found & corrected, however the communication process is somewhat difficult as talking with a technician the 1st time was almost 2 hrs wait time, & the email process with updates is lacking. The representatives were very nice when I spoke with them, but the process of getting to speak with someone for help with a claim could use some improvement. "

This review was modified by tnclient on May 30 2016 05:52:47 AM

2016-05-27

Iphone takes a swim

"When my iphone took a swim over the weekend, I was able to reach a representative Saturday evening at 11pm to get the process started. Even though I had a prior claim that hadn't been closed (they hadn't received my receipt from a broken screen repair), they did as much as they seemingly could to get that expedited, then a reimbursement processed so that I could get my new claim going asap. It was an unusual situation, but the representatives were all nice and working hard to find a solution within their options. The manager even waived 1/2 of my deductible just because it was such a troublesome situation though that wasn't their fault. "

This review was modified by tinarivenbark on May 27 2016 06:46:51 AM

A rep from SquareTrade, SquareTrade, has responded

“Mistakes happen, we get it! Thanks for sharing your experience, we think it's important for people to know about the good stuff too! ^AP”

2016-05-27

Awesome, Wonderful, Unexpectedly Exceptional Service Experience!

"This is my 2nd Square Trade warranty, and the first I've had to make a claim on. It was for my laptop. Their representatives were helpful, polite and very friendly. They created a claim, sent a box for my laptop, kept me informed every day with emails stating the status, and most of all were very quick to get my computer back to me, fully repaired. I love this company and just bought another product and the Square Trade warranty, based on how wonderful and very easy they made this experience. I wish all customer service was this great. I highly recommend Square Trade to everyone who wishes to purchase a warranty to protect their products."

This review was modified by nlsteff on May 27 2016 05:50:02 AM

Share SquareTrade's store rating

SquareTrade is a Merchant Member! Learn more

SquareTrade is a merchant member
SquareTrade participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,537 merchant members.