Stores > SquareTrade

Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.06/10 9.06/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.88/10 8.88/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.79/10 8.79/10

2016-02-07

Comfort in a reliable warranty.

"Having a square trade warranty has always proven to be a priceless value. They have very affordable plans with very quick warranty service. I've never been given the run around or forced to jump through rings of fire to file and complete a claim. Very helpful and friendly online and phone customer service. "

This review was modified by Cjones56 on February 07 2016 04:37:56 AM

2016-02-05

AVOID AT ALL COSTS! Most deceitful company imaginable

"Worst customer service I've ever experienced. Spoke with representative over the phone when inquiring about warranty options and was completely mislead regarding their policy on extended warranties and used items. Company did not honor their previously stated information and contract deliberately excluded information regarding Ebay purchases. Will be canceling all of my existing warranty plans with them & making sure to direct all my friends to do the same. "

2016-02-04

Eventful year filing insurance claims

"I've had my phone for about 8 months. I am very glad I decided to insure it with Square trade. Two weeks after receiving my phone i dropped it in water. The support team at square trade were very helpful and got me approved to repair my phone in no time at all. Four months after that first incident I dropped my phone and cracked the screen. My claim was approved in less than 10 minutes and I had a new phone by the next day. I would highly recommend Square Trade!"

This review was modified by gicarrasco on February 04 2016 09:11:47 AM

SquareTrade, SquareTrade rep has responded

“Mistakes happen! Glad we were able to help ease the frustration of having a busted phone! - AP”

2016-02-04

Fantastic quality!

"I have coverage on multiple devices and NEVER had to use the warranty. Then all of a sudden three things! Of course I could not remember if I purchased an extended warranty and going to the squaretrade site made it easy! All my stuff there and even things I forgot about!"

This review was modified by trvsmstrsn on February 04 2016 07:45:12 AM

SquareTrade, SquareTrade rep has responded

“Better safe than sorry! Glad you were covered! - AP from SquareTrade”

LateNightWarrantycall

"I got off work late and needed to file a warranty claim, I was tired and having problems filing out the claim. 30 seconds later I get a phone call from a customer service representative and 2 minutes later I have an email and we are moving forward, next day I get an approval for a check to be sent. Thank You Square trade, from a long time customer."

This review was modified by joe0427 on February 03 2016 04:18:29 PM

SquareTrade, SquareTrade rep has responded

“Thanks for writing a review! We appreciate the long time loyalty!”

2016-02-03

Holy smokes, best customer service and warranty ever!

"Bought a TV almost 3 years 10 months ago. Bought inexpensive 4 yr Square Trade warranty at same time. There was an issue shortly with one of the input thingies on the TV. Submitted a claim. They asked for my receipt copy and I assumed they got it. Found a work around with the tv and never followed up. Just bought a new tv and when I went to get the Square Trade warranty on it realized I had never followed thru on the other claim. Called them and they quickly processed it and have put my check in the mail. Almost need to pinch myself."

This review was modified by durkinfox on February 03 2016 06:46:41 AM

Came back from the dead

"I dropped my new Iphone 6s plus from five feet onto concrete. My phone was shattered into pieces and almost all the black protective casing came off. I called square trade and filed a claim.I printed out my return label right away and had my phone picked up the very next day. They literally fixed my phone in one day and it is like brand new. This was a much better experience than going to the Apple store and being told they cant fix my phone and for me to pay 300 dollars for repair. So overall I truuly enjoyed my magical experience with Square trade."

This review was modified by collette2945 on February 03 2016 05:40:41 AM

SquareTrade, SquareTrade rep has responded

“That's the kind of service we like to provide! Thank for the shout out!”

2016-01-30

Great claims service!

"Reimbursed screen crack repair made by Apple and waved the deductible. Processed the claim within one day. I am very pleased with their service.
Thank You SquareTrade!!

Jeff

This review was modified by Jlwr0000 on January 30 2016 10:52:26 AM

2016-01-29

"Process was simple yet thorough in getting a phone fixed! The small investment paid off in having peace of mind knowing my son's phone would be repaired or replaced!"

Quick service & easy

"The claim process was simple and the available choices to repair your phone was very convenient. I am happy my phone is repaired. I submitted my receipts the next day and my check is on its way. SquareTrade is a smart choice in insuring all my phones."

This review was modified by AlohaOe808 on January 29 2016 11:56:58 AM

They Get the Job DONE!

"They are efficient and the customer service is top notch. They are quick to get resolution and customer satisfaction to the problem that yo have under warranty. I use them for all my cell phones, home appliances , computers and tablets. My son has broken his phone 3 times and 1 year and each time they are just as generous and eager to get it fixed. "

This review was modified by Kuebel4 on January 29 2016 06:17:09 AM

-·:*"*:·.-:¦:-·* FANTASTIC Service *·-:¦:-·:*''*:·-:¦:

"My Nexus 7 stopped charging. I wasn't sure whether it was my battery or the charging port. I filled out the short questionnaire on Square Trade and hit SEND. Shortly after sending it, I received an email indicating that they were reviewing my claim. Shortly after that I received another email with a FEDEX shipping label to mail my tablet to them (at their cost.)
Long story short--> My tablet was repaired and sent back to me within a week and it is in brand new shape. There was a written explanation off what was done to rectify the problem. The process could not have been any easier. And that is why I buy all of my warranties through this company. Thank you Square Trade!

This review was modified by excelhig on January 26 2016 02:19:12 PM
Rep reply posted Jan-27-2016

SquareTrade, SquareTrade rep has responded

“Thank you for sharing your experience, we appreciate the feedback!”

2016-01-26

DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR VISA NUMBER.....NIGHTMARE!

" Fifteen months ago, I purchased cell phone ins from square trade for my daughters new iPhone 6. I was paying $5/mo. Only 3 months into it, she dropped her iPhone accidently into washer. I called square trade, made a claim. All went well. I went online and made sure that square trade had the new iPhone 6 info so it would be covered. Two months later, I noticed that they had been charging my credit card double each month. I called square trade and here is where everything went downhill. First of all, the language barrier makes it next to impossible to discuss any issue. No matter how many times I tried to explain to the rep the situation and that I was being doubled charged each month, he did not understand me! I was put on hold for very long periods of time and he could not explain to me why I was being overcharged. I would have thought this was a seemingly simple problem for a rep to handle. Eventually he tells me that he has written up notes and that he was going to transfer me to someone who could help. He gave me a reference number to use and assured me that I would not have to start from the beginning with this new rep. So I was transferred and surprise, there were no notes in the system and the reference number the guy gave me was some ridiculous number from my old claim. It had nothing to do with my current problem. I had just wasted 45 mins on phone for nothing. I decided to hang up and try a different tactic. I called my visa company and explained that my visa was being charged double each month for my daughters phone. My visa rep then called square trade with me and we had a conference call between my visa rep, a squaretrade rep and myself. My visa rep started from the beginning with this new rep and explained situation. Again, lots of putting on hold to try to figure out why I was being doubled charged. After another long time on the phone, my visa rep and myself were told that they fixed the problem. They were going to reimburse me the overcharge and only charge me once per month for the new iPhone. Apparently, they said it was my fault because I never took my daughters old phone off the insurance plan when I added her new one. Well, I had no idea I was suppose to! After all, they handled my claim. And why did it take all these phone calls to resolve this? SO NOW MOVE FORWARD ONE YEAR.....I received a new credit card and needed to update it with squaretrade. I then noticed that a year ago, the squaretrade rep cancelled the policy on my daughters NEW iPhone 6 and not the one that was turned in broken! This whole year, my daughter has been walking around with an iPhone 6 that we thought had insurance on it, but it had nothing! Wow! Unbelievable! I called right away in a panic. Here we go again, with a squaretrade rep that speaks broken English that makes our conversation very choppy and difficult.I am put on hold forever many times in our 40 mins conversation. Finally, he gets back to me and informs me that my visa was being charged $5 all year for my old phone because I had to continue to pay them for two years for the original phone that they repplaced. And that the coverage on my daughters new iPhone from a year ago was cancelled because me and my visa rep requested that! What? You have got to be kidding me? This is a completely different story than what my visa rep and I were told a whole year ago! Thank goodness her phone has been fine this past year, otherwise we would have been screwed. Unbelievable to me that after all those phone calls with these people in some foreign country that they could mess up such a simple situation. I am beyond furious. I get the impression the rep is "playing" with me. I then asked to cancel EVERYTHING with squaretrade ( my husband and I recently each purchased an iPhone 6, which I insured with squaretrade). Not trusting this phone rep to cancel my coverages, I immediately called my visa to block further charges. Immediately, visa rep is concerned because she said there were JUST FIVE CONSECUTIVE CHARGES FROM SQUARETRADE totaling $27!!! For what? Retaliation from squaretrade rep because I was angry? My visa is going to take care of all the consecutive fraudulent charges and we have now blocked squaretrade from our visa. WATCH OUT SQUARETRADE, MY VISA COMPANY WILL BE COMING AFTER YOU FOR ALL THOSE FRAUDULENT CHARGES! It has been a nightmare. The reps don't speak English well and they have no idea what their plans and charges should be. None. You will be on the phone forever repeating yourself to someone who seems to be in training and has no clue or answers for you. And then, of course, if you give them your visa number, watch out! Do not contact me! I am not wasting any more time on phone with your company. I am done. "

This review was modified by Jodylynn on January 26 2016 09:01:42 AM
Rep reply posted Jan-27-2016

SquareTrade, SquareTrade rep has responded

“This is very concerning Jodelynn. Obviously, we want to get to the bottom of this right away. Please email us at socialhelps@squaretrade.com and someone from our San Francisco office will contact you immediately.”

Excellent customer service

"Excellent, speedy customer service! Competitively price and very easy to work with. Highly recommend Square Trade. "

This review was modified by tammyacker on January 26 2016 05:38:57 AM

2016-01-24

Awesome Response, just what I needed.

"I am a freelance videographer and needed my camera repaired. SquareTrade was able to replace my camera and provide me with a brand new unit within less than a week. Amazing service, I was really happy, I did not miss a beat. Thank you SquareTrade!"

This review was modified by rmcwmv on January 24 2016 03:48:09 AM

Share SquareTrade's store rating

SquareTrade is a Merchant Member! Learn more

SquareTrade is a merchant member
SquareTrade participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,635 merchant members.