Stores > SquareTrade

Customer service: Rating 7.97/10 7.97/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.31/10 7.31/10

2016-09-19

Very helpful

"She was professional and helpful with my issue"

2016-09-16

Not worth the hype! Rude crooks.

"I was under the impression that SquareTrade was a great, reputable company but that has unfortunately not been the case. I bought my warranty at the same time I bought my phone from eBay. In fact, choose that particular phone because of the warranty ability. I had the phone just 2 months before the SIM card stopped working, the phone was dramatically overheating in normal use and SquareTrade determined I should send my phone in for repair.

I did everything exactly as they said and got confirmation on September 9th that they had received my phone and would update me once it was repaired. After hearing nothing from the company, I finally called to check on it September 15th where I was told that SquareTrade had determined that my phone was ineligible for repair by their "audit process" that occurred on September 10th. It took five days, and a phone call from me before I got any update.

They claim my warranty is voided because the charging port had been "tampered with." Which is interesting because I've never done such thing to it and even rarely use the charging port, instead opting mostly fit wireless charging. I could get no specifics regarding what the "evidence" was they simply stated they wouldn't be fixing it in any way.

When I escalated my case to the supervisor (who by the way very rudely told me he reports to no one and didn't have a boss) I mentioned that if I had simply fully broken the phone, I'd be eligible for reimbursement, but since it was only non functional I wasn't. He told me that my phone, even disregarding the "tampering," wasn't covered for physical or liquid damage. When I mentioned that I knew that was false as I'd specifically checked this when purchasing the warranty. He asked if I had a screenshot of this information. As I didn't have my computer at the time, I couldn't provide this, and as it turns out, they word the terms and conditions in a particularly confusing way to make exact coverage difficult to determine. Overall the supervisor was extremely rude, condescending, and entirely unhelpful. I asked to have the phone sent back to me and requested overnight shipping as they'd already caused 5 unnecessary days of delay by not updating me. They agreed to this and I confirmed my address, yet here I sit, over a day later, with no phone.

The long story short, they're crooks, will invent a reason not to fix your phone, leave you hanging likely hoping you'll forget about an expensive phone, treat you like dirt, and then fail to even get your item back to you. How this isn't fraud and theft is a mystery to me.

This review was modified by Clickervet on September 16 2016 06:45:41 PM

2016-09-16

"I was very satisfied with the service that I received. Thank you."

2016-09-15

VERY BAD SERVICE

" Today is Sept.15 And after 10 to 12 hours on the phone and more lies than I have ever had told to me in my life,This morning I finally got a hold of a US CITIZENS that sent me a E_MAIL saying I would be getting a check in the mail to replace my computer that I was told and lied to both by a company called Barrister and by your overseas agents.After days of waiting and being on the phone I Talked to Orlando which told me when you ask to talked to someone in the US they are supposed to put you thru.I ask every time and was never but thru.At this moment I would give your company a failing GRADE.This is not the first warrenty I have bought from you,its the first one U have had to use.You have got a lot of work to do,maybe start by hiring more Americans."

2016-09-13

SquareTrade is Fair Trade!

"Phone rep courteous and knowledgeable. Kept me up to date on repair every step of the way. Good company to do business with."

2016-09-12

Service to the best degree

"Thank you very much for your assistance and seamless service.

Competent and kind

"After dealing with Verizon ( cable co.) and Vizio for almost two hours, I was not only frustrated, I was upset and angry. When I finally had to deal with Square Trade,what a pleasure. The employee was kind, understanding and competent. If all your employees are this understanding and competent , you have a fantastic company . If not, Clone her."

2016-09-12

Square Trade is the real deal

"I am very, very pleased with the way my claim was addressed. Received a replacement phone in a couple days of my claim."

2016-09-12

If you are buying electronics, you need a warranty

"Stuff isn't made like it used to be. You can't trust it will last~even from the best companies. Buy the Square Trade warranty."

2016-09-12

"Arthur was very helpful walking me through the steps to complete my return."

2016-09-11

Delivered with exceptional service

"The customer service representative was very helpful in explaining how I would receive my warranty check or warranty repair if applicable. I received my check within 5 business days as he explained"

2016-09-11

"no problem at all, smooth transaction"

Camera on button off

"Digital camera on/off button works on and off as it pleases. Almost always have to hit record button and on button to turn on camera. Called and had my problem resolved quickly and professionally. Very happy with outcome."

Great experience

"They did a good job ... Everything was good and I'm happy and will buy insurance again for my son toys "

2016-09-10

"I was very impressed by the attention, courteous , and fast manner which you resolved my problem."

Share SquareTrade's store rating

SquareTrade is a Merchant Member! Learn more

SquareTrade is a merchant member
SquareTrade participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,631 merchant members.