Stores > SquareTrade

Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.48/10 6.48/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.75/10 6.75/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.94/10 6.94/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.29/10 5.29/10
Voice your opinion! Review SquareTrade by clicking a star below.
2017-03-20

A warranty we whole heartedly recommend!

"We've purchased extended warranties on various appliances for many years. This is the first time we purchased one on a TV. From the first phone call to the last, we received great care from the representatives and technicians sent to our home for repairs. When it was determined that our 50" flat screen was not repairable, we were notified that Square Trade was replacing it with a brand new TV, and that the they had researched with companies like Consumer Reports and CNET to determine the TV that not only matched the specs of our old one, but was the best-rated similar TV in it's class. "

This review was modified by davenjanf on March 22 2017 10:30:01 PM

did a good job

"Impressed with the way they handled the claim"

This review was modified by dsearle-76175 on March 22 2017 08:30:01 PM

Terrific

"It was a pleasent experence at a difficult time"

This review was modified by rockman57 on March 22 2017 02:15:02 PM

2017-03-20

"Got a form to fill out. Did so. Haven't heard from since."

This review was modified by babe01010 on March 22 2017 01:45:01 PM

Great customer service!!!

"My claim was handled promptly with great communication. My computer was beyond repair and SquareTrade promptly reimbursed me."

This review was modified by saherman713 on March 22 2017 08:15:02 AM

2017-03-20

"I wasn't able to get my money back"

This review was modified by miriamdeniger on March 22 2017 06:45:01 AM
Rep reply posted Mar-21-2017

“Hello Miriandeniger,

I really wanted to know why you were not able to get your money back. So I looked into your claim to see how I could help. However, it looks like you were attempting to return your device to the retailer but were unable to. You then filed a claim with us on a working device. Your warranty of course covers you for electrical or mechanical failure. So there would be no option for us to assist you on a working device. I do show you requested to cancel the warranty which we have done. That would be the only option available to us as an extended warranty. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to email me at socialhelps@squaretrade.com.

2017-03-19

"Approved for repair" doesn't mean they'll pay for it

"The customer service rep approved my claim for repair and told me to have it repaired at a local shop then submit my receipt for reimbursement. There were no conversations about what would or wouldn't be covered. I submitted my receipt and then received an email saying my (approximately $250) claim was being rejected because "software" issues were not covered. I spoke to a customer service representative who told me that it was very clear in my contract/agreement that software wasn't covered. They refused to budge. The sad thing is that if I would have accidentally dropped my laptop on the sidewalk and it was completely broken, they would have paid for a new computer. "

This review was modified by smithfam91 on March 21 2017 08:15:01 AM
Rep reply posted Mar-20-2017

“Hello Smithfam91,

I can definitely understand how frustrating it would be to expect an reimbursement and then be denied. However, the first line of your warranty contract does read "Congratulations on purchasing this Protection Plan. Please read these terms and conditions carefully so that you fully understand your coverage". It then goes on to say what you are covered for "This Protection Plan will cover mechanical or electrical failure of the following Covered Product(s)", which means if you have an issue with with the device itself that may be covered. Software is a consumer preference, which is why it is not something covered for any device under warranty at Squaretrade. We do try to be flexible, so even though we could not cover all of your expenses, we did cover the diagnostic charges. Your warranty of course continues, so you will still be covered for any future hardware issues. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to email me at socialhelps@squaretrade.com.

Thanks,

no satisfaction

"paying for warranty and consumer cellular and square trade can't make up there mind who
mussed up.

This review was modified by ronsteth on March 21 2017 06:30:02 AM

Square Trade You ROCK!

"I had to call to submit my claim by phone and both times each agent was very helpful and solved all issues for the call. I am very pleased with Square Trade and their warranty program. I highly recommend this warranty progam.

This review was modified by vickie_marks on March 21 2017 04:45:01 AM

2017-03-18

Vacuum warranty

"Worth the investment....though would have preferred a replacement!"

This review was modified by montanacurt on March 21 2017 12:30:09 AM

2017-03-17

SQUARETRADE IS A SOLID SQUARE DEAL!

"I have all my eligible items covered with SQUARETRADE and have done business with them for over 5 years. Its no fun using an item if you have to walk on egg shells, always afraid of damaging it, but with SQUARETRADE you can totally relax - because they do just what they promise to. The best Customer Service online, the quickest repair time online and the best price online. I recommend it to all my friends whenever they are purchasing new items and every single one who has tried SQUARETRADE has made a point of calling and thanking me. If you give it a try, you'll be spreading the word as well! "

This review was modified by stwrtmccrary on March 21 2017 12:15:18 AM

Customer Service AA+++

" Customer service really made it easy for me to get my money back on a defective item. He is courteous, patient, and listened to my conplaint, then handled it with speed. Thank you!!! "

This review was modified by evangelist_rl_perry on March 21 2017 12:15:12 AM

Defectives!

"Originally received my newMoto. G the next day! Square Trade was quick in handling. Unfortunately I had to deal several times with
A defective cellular phone. (Keyboard problems. no volume.)

This review was modified by jackiehahin on March 21 2017 12:15:12 AM

2017-03-17

Squaretrade screwed me out of a warranty

"Upon purchase of a new phone, I was told I could transfer my existing warranty that had 6 months remaining. Come to find out, it didn't transfer, and since it's now been over 30 days since my phone purchase, my phone is not insurable through squaretrade or my carrier. Although my phone is still in perfect condition, there is no way for me to get a warranty for peace of mind. TERRIBLE COMPANY. "

This review was modified by hunttam on March 21 2017 12:15:09 AM
Rep reply posted Mar-18-2017

“Hello,

I can understand wanting to have that peace of mind with your mobile device. I am so sorry if you were provided incorrect information. Since we are an extended warranty you can only add us to a new device purchase within 30 days. We have never been able to transfer an existing warranty to a new mobile device. However, if you have upgraded your phone through your carrier, or gotten a replacement through the manufacturer we maybe able to help. I was not able to find an account for you though with the information listed. Would you email me directly at socialhelps@squaretrade.com? Please include any account or warranty information as well. I am happy to see what I can do for you.

Thanks,

Great customer service

"They were promt, friendly and helpful.."

This review was modified by xo_jill_xo on March 21 2017 12:15:09 AM

Share SquareTrade's store rating

SquareTrade is a Merchant Member! Learn more

SquareTrade is a merchant member
SquareTrade participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,428 merchant members.