Stores > SquareTrade

Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.89/10 8.89/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.62/10 8.62/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.56/10 8.56/10

2016-04-27

Can you jump through hoops? YAY! SquareTrade is perfect for you!

"YAY! I have a new printer! Oops! Not because Squaretrade helped. They wanted me to jump through hoops to get them to honor their warranty. Instead, I paid for a brand new printer out of pocket, punted on the $45 I paid them to warranty my old printer and now have all of this free time to post reviews instead of jumping through hoops for them! YAY FREE TIME!!!

So, my printer stops working over the weekend. I bought it last winter. I check my notes app on my phone. Voila! My warranty information with SquareTrade is right there. I call up, then get told by the automated system to go online. No problem. Online tells me to find someone to fix it and send them the receipt. I have no idea who to call to fix my HP Printer so I decide to call SquareTrade back. They cancel the open claim and open a new one. I tell them that I have no idea who to take my printer to and ask if they can just send me a box and I can ship the printer to them to get it fixed. He states that SquareTrade does not do that. It looks to me that plenty of people do this with SquareTrade, and quite often. Now I'm being lied to. Oops.

I tell him that the places I see online that can repair the printer are 25-30 miles away or in another state. His next stall tactic is to require me to upload a receipt to prove what I paid for the printer. The rep at the store I purchased from was proud to tell me that even if I lost my receipt, that the warranty company has all of the information available in their database. It was his recommendation to keep the warranty number on my phone, which I did now with several other purchased warranties as well. (None of which I've had to use)

SquareTrade insists that I upload this receipt or that they can't help me. They ACKNOWLEDGED that they see my warranty number. They AGREED that I bought the printer and that they can see it. Why can't they just help me if they know that I bought it?!

I even contacted the office store and asked for the receipt. They said they will mail it and it could take up to five business days. Then I can finally upload it and maybe figure out if they decide to help me or not. In the meantime when all is said and done am I going to go weeks and weeks with no printer? It sure sounds like if it is up to SquareTrade, then the answer is YES! So guess what guys? I went and bought a printer. New, shiny and no hassle. And THAT, my friends... is why I have the time to post reviews on how things went.

Thanks for leaving me hanging! SquareTrade will wiggle out of helping you or make it so difficult you give up or hopefully say "forget it" and go buy something else brand new.

This review was modified by Toneboogie on April 28 2016 03:02:32 PM

SquareTrade, SquareTrade rep has responded

“Thanks for speaking with me concerning your claim. Though a proof of purchase is required to move forward with the claim we understand the store is closed & we want to make sure your claim is resolved. We will be moving forward with payout for your printer. Thanks again for allowing me to address your concerns & make this situation right.^BF”

2016-04-26

SQUARE TRADE IS A SCAM & A RIPOFF!!!!!!

"Square Trade is a scam & a ripoff!!! They start the 1st year of their protection policy the 1st year you have your product even though you have manufacturer warranty the 1st year. Square trade "STEALS" the cost of 1 years coverage & the coverage from the customer by taking a "FREE RIDE" on manufacturers coverage the 1st year. Russ Bombardieri 314-565-0214"

This review was modified by RussBombardieri on April 26 2016 01:06:15 PM

“Hi Russ,

Thanks so much for speaking with me and allowing me to explain how our coverage works & why we offer protection the first year just in case the manufacture doesn't. I have passed on your suggestions for our coverage plans to the appropriate departments. Thank you again for your feedback & your time.^BF”

2016-04-21

Resolved the claim timely

"I was skeptical of the extended warranty from the beginning but I bit the bullet because my TV was a big purchase. It turned out great because my TV had dead pixels after the manufacturer warranty expired. Now because I bought the extended warranty squaretrade has reimbursed me for the purchase price of my original TV so I can purchase a new one. "

This review was modified by isumurphy on April 21 2016 01:52:40 PM

2016-04-21

Still waiting to hear back

"My son had to send in to get fixed cuz his brother got 2 games stuck.they retuned ps4 but not games I called and they send would send back in 48 hrs been over 2 weeks and still waiting to hear back.very expensive games and dont think they are ever going to b returned. "

SquareTrade, SquareTrade rep has responded

“Oh no! Sorry to hear you are having problems getting an update on your claim. I'd like to look into this & get this resolved as soon as possible. Please email us at socialhelps@squaretrade.com, include "Help from Reseller Rating" in the subject line, your contact information & concerns in the body of the email.^BF”

2016-04-18

Buy. Beware they are not truthful bait and switch did not know combines still do this

"I have been with this company for over 8 yrs and they are not a good company when it comes to their customers service. I was emailed a litter saying thank u for buy 8 warranties from us and we are giving u a free warranty well that was until u try to cash in on that and then they bait and switch u and say sorry the free one is only on small items that is not what the email said and they would not honor it talked to a mgr Larry Davis and he said it is what it is all we do is get u to call in and then we switch and say it was a mistake and said to bad and I said I would write a review he did not seem to care he even said to me go ahead write something. So I am please future customer buyer beware stay away they are all liars.just to add on I see above me was another unhappy customer must be a lot of us and see that they write the same thing to everyone kind of makes me feel that they do not read them and a computer dose and says the same thing to anyone that writes a one star wow how in personal can you get see just shows u how bad this company really is."

This review was modified by Scubasteve3 on April 30 2016 04:08:50 AM

SquareTrade, SquareTrade rep has responded

“We apologize for the experience you had. I'm sure we can help track down what happened here. Please email us at socialhelps@squaretrade.com, include "Help from Reseller Rating" in the subject line, your contact information & concerns in the body of the email.^BF”

2016-04-14

Cash on hand!!!

"Overall smooth process to have my TV evaluated. Representatives were very responsive over email and kept me up to date on the claim. In the end my TV had to be replaced but they did not have an equivalent size TV in stock. Without me asking, I was offered a check for the value of the policy. Overall great service. "

This review was modified by acevedof on April 14 2016 07:26:02 PM

2016-04-14

Exceeded Expectations

"I never expected to get a voice on the phone within a couple minuted to deal with my claim. They were fast and great at explaining the process. The company they sent to look at my TV was efficient and on time and had the repairs done in no time at all. I will defintely use Square Trade warranty again and highly recommend to anyone. "

This review was modified by Butchercj on April 15 2016 04:52:02 AM

2016-04-13

Quick and painless handling of the issue

"From start to finish, the issue was handled in just over 2 weeks. This included contacting the company, setting up a technician and them coming out to determine the TV could not be fixed, then order and delivery of a new TV. The TV was comparable quality and had more options than the old TV. Happy with the results."

2016-04-10

Easiest insurance claim ever

"When I slipped on slick ground at a nursery picking out plants and landed ignominiously on my ****, I thought the only thing damaged was my pride. That was until I got back in the car and discovered the screen on my iPhone had shattered. I called Square Trade as soon as I got home, was given the contact information for the closest approved repair shop and sent an email with claim number and instructions. That was on a Saturday. On Tuesday the screen was replaced and I emailed a copy of the receipt. One week to the day after the screen shattered, the reimbursement check for the repair was in my mailbox. No hassle, no delay, no hoops to jump through. I have all my electronics guaranteed with Square Trade and always will. "

This review was modified by Skye-writer on April 10 2016 08:23:20 AM

2016-04-09

Great company

"Very quick service & turn around time."

This review was modified by BeachBumII on April 10 2016 06:15:04 AM

2016-04-07

My warranty on our toshbia laptop

"What helpful great customer service we received. We have had many warranty with you guys and have never had to file a claim till now. Our son's power cord broke we called Toshiba and they refused to help us and called square back they processed the claim and approved it. Thank you so much for you friendly courteous employees. I will be making sure all my electronics have you all as our warranty company "

This review was modified by crystaleng on April 07 2016 03:03:12 PM

Speedy Replacement

"My phone was damaged while on vacation. SquareTrade authorized replacement at Apple Genius bar, and will reimburse me. Customer service was excellent."

This review was modified by Dtabor13 on April 07 2016 05:18:07 AM

2016-04-06

Five Star Supreme Service!

"Besides doing what they always do - paying off claims quickly and efficiently, this time they were really outstanding. My daughter accidentally left her SD card in the camera when we sent it in. Square Trade really went out of their way to track it down and ship it back to us! The camera was going to be salvaged so it was really a long shot, but they really came through! Thank you Square Trade! We won't use anyone else!"

This review was modified by Jacobuser1 on April 06 2016 06:04:21 PM

2016-04-06

SquareTrade is an awesome service for a reasonable price

"I always worry about longevity when buying electronics off the internet as far as how long the product will continue working. I usually but things I rely on locally because if something goes wrong I may be faced with sending the product to California or even out of the country for service. When my router kept dropping service from Time Warner I e-mailed SquareTrade and told them I needed help. I sent them a message with my information and within hours I got a reply with a shipping label and good instructions on how to proceed. I had kept the original box I received the router in so I boxed it up and attached the label onto it and drove out to FedEx. Once they were notified the package was in their hands they kept me in the loop the whole way thru the process. I was notified when they received my item and when there tech people were working on it and when they were done with it and that it was in fact on it's way back to me. I loved their customer service. No guessing what was going on with my router and where in the process we were. The package only had to go about a five hour drive away from my home to one of their repair centers and was back within a few days. Total great experince and would always use their service. Thanks SquareTrade.Steve S."

This review was modified by s12ms on April 06 2016 02:17:43 PM

2016-04-03

iPhone needs an underwater app!

"Have you ever been at the edge of a pool at a nice resort after taking a refreshing swim? Ever looked in the middle of the pool and saw what was obviously someones phone, and laughed to yourself (ha ha.. Some dummies going to need a new phone now ha-ha)... Moments later you realize your phone is not at your chair with your shirt and flips, you have your kid call and it it goes right to voicemail.... Realizing now that your "the dummy" you dive in hoping the laws of physics don't apply in this pool and that somehow, water didn't get into your phone.
While I wish this story was about a hypothetical situation, a leprechaun or even possibly a unicorn, it unfortunately was all about my wife. Ok, it was me.
iPhones are not waterproof! Laws of physics DO apply at that pool. But thankfully I had purchased a Squaretrade Warrenty when I bought our phones. The process of replacing was smooth. I thought I would be put in a dark smoke filled room with one light hanging from the center and interrogated until I broke. In actuality, I put in a claim on my square trade account, received an email the next day with instructions on how to set up a appointment at Apple. After getting my new phone, I emailed a copy of the receipt in reply to the square trade email, by the next day I received my reimbursement. SO EASY!!!!
While I do NOT recommend swimming with electronics, I DO recommend getting Warrenty through Squaretrade in case YOU see a phone on the bottom of a pool you just came out of.

This review was modified by Sk2853 on April 03 2016 06:07:19 PM
Rep reply posted Apr-05-2016

SquareTrade, SquareTrade rep has responded

“If all reviews and customer comments were this awesome! Thank you for sharing your experience and giving us a laugh. Glad we could help! Would you mind emailing us at socialhelps@squaretrade.com? ^AP”

Share SquareTrade's store rating

SquareTrade is a Merchant Member! Learn more

SquareTrade is a merchant member
SquareTrade participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,610 merchant members.