Stores > SquareTrade

Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.13/10 7.13/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.45/10 7.45/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.29/10 7.29/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.11/10 7.11/10
Voice your opinion! Review SquareTrade by clicking a star below.
2017-06-20

Poor Customer Service

"I purchased a Square Trade warranty on December 14, 2015. On June 11, 2107 I called Square Trade to report an issue with the motherboard. I was promised that a box was being sent to my house so that I could return my Lenovo computer to the Square Trade repair facility. On June 16, I called SQ again asking where they box was. They said it hadn't been sent yet and they would process my request right away. I called again on June 20 and they said they did not have a record of the box being sent out. Stay away from Square Trade!"

Rep reply posted Jun-22-2017

“Hello Oravecd,

If you have had to wait for this amount of time for a box then we have truly dropped the ball. This is a very simple request and I cannot imagine why there would be a delay. I have looked into your claim and reached out to you directly with a resolution.

MQ”

2017-06-18

Scum , fake Protection plan, Stop , Stay away and SHARE please

"STOP!!! STOP!!! STOP!!!STOP!!
STOP!!! STOP!!! STOP!!!STOP!!
STOP!!! STOP!!! STOP!!!STOP!!
Everyone should know about this Fake Protection Plan of square trade , this the second time happened to me the False Promise which is Not same as Promised on their website ,if claim your item even though they Promised 2-5 business days for fixing , a just waiting for unlimited and finally shipped unfixed camera same as i sent to them wawawaw very shame .I called them why ... apologizing ... and send it back again..... waiting...... wawaw. I am tired with their false promise , wasting my time , and overall also affecting my business , as my Primary income is Photography affecting my entire family source income . My canon 5D was broken and shipped to them for fixing but they are failed to fix and asking me for more than a month ..... and this means i can not able to Work or continue my business until i get my camera fixed ... terrible ... and they don't ETA .I have Wedding and other Photography events .... and can not to cancel , the Only thing i can do is i have to buy another camera otherwise everything is going to be mess up.That is why i would never ever recommend to BUY Square trade protection Plan. other wise you will get Mad . Please stay AWAY FROM THIS FAKE agent selling fake Protection Plan ............... share TO ALL SOCIAL MEDIA just to be aware People from this Trouble.
STOP!!! STOP!!! STOP!!!STOP!!STOP!!! STOP!!! STOP!!!STOP!!

2017-06-13

Was honestly surprised

"Long story short, my 70' lcd failed. Almost forgot I had purchased the warranty, called the provided number. Technician was dispatched, determined the set to be unrepairable... Received and email to select my replacement (70" 1080p set replaced with a 70" 4k) was delivered about a week and half after the email. It was somewhat painless, only complaints are that the only options for times of repair and delivery are 9-5 business days and the whole process took over a month to complete. I will buy again. "

2017-06-12

Great Square Trade Experience - Laptop Repair

"This is the first and hopefully the last time I have to send my computer in for a repair! Everything about the interaction with the customer service gentleman from Square Trade was first class. I do not have computer access at home without my laptop and the customer rep helped get me set up with a claim number, provided me with all of the information I needed, took care of sending the packing box, which arrived in the timeframe that he said it would. There was plenty of time (a month+, perhaps two to ship the laptop in for a repair.

I received an immediate acknowledgement from Square Trade that Fed Ex had shipped the box and subsequent information at each stage through the repair process and return to me. My computer is perfect again and everything I shipped in to me was returned just as I sent it and a new power cord was included.

I am so happy I purchased this contract as part of the package. I have never done it before, but I am thrilled that I did this time! I would not hesitate to work with Square Trade again on any other electronics I will consider purchasing.

Sincerely,
Marianne M.

2017-06-09

Not worth it for Smartphone coverage

"My phone died after 1yr 3mos. Not reparable. Square Trade offered me a refurbished phone of a different brand. To take that phone would cost me ($139 the policy cost, $99.99 deductible, $171 to pay off the dead phone) approx. $410. For an older refurbished phone of another brand. Seriously? What am I saving? Why did I buy this policy? I like Square Trade for other things, but it does not pay for Smartphones.
6/13/17- Update: A Square Trade rep contacted me last night and was extremely gracious, trying to make me happy with a resolution to my claim. On the one hand, I do appreciate their good faith efforts (and am quite happy with the many, many other policies I have with them), but I still wouldn't pay $410 for a used phone, which is what it would have worked out to be. It's just the way this policy is written. You have to do the math to see if it will work for you in the long run for each item you want to insure. For some it will, for others not. But I do believe Square Trade to be a straight up company that is transparent and honest about what it offers.

Rep reply posted Jun-12-2017

“Hello Lauracecere,

I can definitely understand your confusion if your options were not presented clearly. If your device is not repairable we normally will offer you a replacement device. Looks like we had a comparable Samsung model that was available and could have been an immediate option for you. Ultimately your warranty makes sure that you have a working a phone. It looks like your claim is still pending as we were giving you time to decide how you would like to proceed. I will reach out to you shortly and help you get this resolved.

MQ”

2017-06-09

Great Service

"The techs were very helpful and had good customer service skills"

Happy

"Thank you for the help and service"

Repairs

"I called and Square trade responded. They sent a box and item was shipped, it was received and repaired.....seamless. Thank you."

tv

"the best ever, keep up the good work. thank you for helping my husband and I threw the days of getting it wright. you all are great."

Great Warranty

"I highly recommend this warranty for any product you purchase, they stand up to their word."

excellent service

"I rec'd the balance of the amount owed to me for the HP printer. Thank you"

Undelivered

"First they had. My address wrong. When I called to correct it,they said no problem. But 10 days later they claimed the address I gave them was not valid. The problem was they never corrected the address.

“Hello MarilynAndrews,

I do show your address was corrected initially from what was uploaded to us perhaps incorrectly. This time it appears the address was changed completed. Please accept my apologies for the confusion and if it caused any inconvenience. I was able to confirm that your address was updated to your new address, and your reimbursement has been mailed. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to email me at socialhelps@squaretrade.com.

Tv repair

"Spoke to representative. Was told the parts will be ordered. Made an appointment through them to have a repair person come to the house. That person never showed up repaired TV myself. What kind of services is that. "

“Hello Gmatson737,

If you had an appointment scheduled and the technician didn't show up nor contact you that is very poor service. Its definitely not the type of service we want associated with your claims process. However, repairing your device yourself can void your warranty, so I would counsel against that. Let me do some research and we will reach out to you shortly.

2017-06-07

Bad and rude customer service

"They couldn't find my contract and after they found it they were not helpfull at all, They told me my coverege does not cover accidental damage but when I bought it at sam's club they told me the insurance will cover everything, so I don't know who is lying. But they were not friendly."

“Hello Martisplace,

First and foremost I want to apologize if you received anything less than stellar customer service from any of our specialist. I will be listening to the call and will provided any coaching feedback if applicable. We partner with many retailers, and I am sure there was just a miscommunication with how your coverage was explained. We try to be flexible so we do have two warranty options. Our Standard warranty covers electrical or mechanical failure, and then our Accidental Damage includes standard and adds accidental damage. I was able to find your warranty and claim. Your warranty does cover you only for electrical or mechanical failure for this particular device. It does show that you are still under manufacturers warranty as well. So you can file a claim with them if they cover you then your warranty with us also remains available. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to email us at socialhelps@squaretrade.com.

Worked for me.

"58" Vizio from Sam's club. After two years, the screen would go blank. Called fair trade and they walked me through a system reset which I really hoped would do the trick. Didn't work. Called them back and referenced the claim number and they scheduled a service tech to come to my home for repair. The tech couldn't get the TV apart to replace the two boards. Two days later I received an email with my choice of two comparable replacements. Made my pick and a couple days later Best Buy (yes, Best Buy, not Sam's Club) delivered a brand new 60" LG. While it did take a while, it definitely worked in my favor. This is a TV for my man cave. It it were the TV for the main living space I would have been a bit annoyed with how long it took but I don't blame them for exploring all avenues before replacement. Probably would have borrowed a TV from another room or bought a small TV as a temporary solution. Also had to burn two vacation days (which equaled about as much as the new TV would've cost) to be home for the repair tech and then the delivery of new TV."

Share SquareTrade's store rating

SquareTrade is a Merchant Member! Learn more

SquareTrade is a merchant member
SquareTrade participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,378 merchant members.