• Address: 575 Market Street, 10th Floor San Francisco, CA
    • Contact: http://warranty.squaretrade.com/buyercenter/contac
    • Phone: 1-877-WARRANTY
    • Customer Support: 1-877-WARRANTY
    • Business Hours: Support: 24 hours, 7 days a week. Claims: 6am-5pm PST, Mon-Fri.
    • Fax: 415-541-1001

Product & services pricing Rating 4.44/10 4.44/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.82/10 2.82/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.40/10 3.40/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.83/10 2.83/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.41/10 2.41/10

"Ordered my granddaughter a refurbished ipod on ebay! Glad I bought a square trade warranty. The ear phone jack didn't work. When I called the square trade was very helpful to try to find a repair shop close to me. No shops had part so square trade said, "send it to us"! In about 7 business days we had her Ipod back and it was working. We have a happy little girl now! Thanks square trade!"

"Useless for Ebay items. They do not disclose that ADH coverage is not included on new items such as open box, opened for inspection etc. Also very rude customer service based in philipines. "

modified review This review was modified by tpaphone on September 17 2014 07:13:07 AM

"I am always reluctant to buy these extended warranties and have not had good experiences with them in the past, so I was not sure about buying the square trade protection plan for my 75" Samsung LED TV. My other TVs that I have owned for years never had any problems, and when my stereo broke that had a big-box retailer warranty they were absolutely no help at all..so I was having a hard time justifying adding on any extra money on a purchase that took months of saving up for because I thought in the unlikely event that something does go wrong, then the company would find a way to get out of helping me out anyway so it would just be pointless. After a lot of thinking, I decided to buy the warranty anyway to protect my investment and just hope for the best.

About a year and a half later my TV developed 3 separate white spots in the center area of the screen. The panel had a defect, which is one of the most expensive parts of a TV to repair. I called Square Trade with a lot of dread, scared that they were going to confirm my fears that I'm stuck with these ugly, distracting spots on my TV. I have worked customer service myself and I am always extremely polite and understanding with representatives on the phone...and I feel a lot of companies take advantage of this because I am not going to make a fuss about a problem, especially to a phone representative caught in the middle.

Square Trade was genuinely interested in helping me out with my broken TV. They always replied to my emails swiftly and even called me when I was a little slow in getting some photos to them of the broken TV. They went above and beyond my expectations and fixed the problem so quickly. Square Trade had my best interests in mind and was relentless in making sure they could come up with a solution that left me nothing but extremely satisfied. Square Trade had my back unlike any company I have ever come across and instead of sitting here sulking about my expensive lemon of a TV and kicking myself for passing up on the Square Trade warranty, I am happy and stress free. I would definitely recommend for anyone unsure about this product to just go for it, you will be thankful for the peace of mind even if you're lucky enough to never need the extra protection. I will never buy a warranty from any other company again, Square Trade has earned my business and trust and I am so glad a company like this exists.

"This was the worst experience I have ever had with a company, period. I originally purchased the plan through Sam's Club on 8-2-2014.

I started my claim process on 8-12-2014 after my LG2 screen cracked. Over 15 calls and 7 emails later, I have yet to receive reimbursement or a working replacement phone.

8-12-14: Want to file a claim, they did not have my warranty on file. Sent them the receipt of the phone and warranty purchase at receipts@squaretrade.com. They indicated that they would call back when received.

8-17-14: No call. I called back and they said they never received it. Forwarded them the email again.

8-21-14: No call. Called back and still did not get it. Had a rep email me and replied back to the email with the images.

8-25-14: No call. Called again. The images were over their "5MB" limit and they needed it less. Retook the photos and sent them again!

8-27-2014: No call. Called again. They finally have it but it will take 5 business days to process. NOPE. Spoke to a rep that said they will call me back in 30 min. NO CALL. Called back 4 hours later. Finally got someone to process my claim. (13 Days later).

9-1-14: Received the first replacement phone. Did not work with sprints network. Took it into the sprint store and they said that the 3rd party messed with the root directories and it was unable to connect.

9-4-14: Called to get the replacement phone replaced due to the programming error.

9-8-14 Receieved the replacement replacement phone. SAME ISSUE. The phone's programming was messed with. Called and had to get ANOTHER replacement phone sent.

9-11-14: Third replacement phone came. SAME ERROR! I am irrate at this point.

9-12-14: I told them that I want a refund. They said they will send me $499.99, the market price for the phone. I tell them I want the total cost of the phone, activation, and taxes paid due to their faulty replacements. I do not want to pay ANYTHING out of pocket. If they sent me a replacement that worked, I would not need to pay the taxes or activation. The rep told me a supervisor would call me back. NO CALL YET AGAIN.

DO NOT PURCHASE. Pay the 53 extra dollars for two year warranty through the carrier. F*CK Squaretrade.

modified review This review was modified by jmitch126 on September 12 2014 07:37:09 PM

"Square Trade is awesome service. I have it for all my tablets and computers. It makes having breakable items stress free wit out the worry of keeping it bullet proof case. (LOL) "

SquareTrade User

"If you want inept service and agrevation, this the company for you.
My phone broke on the 9/3/14 and I started the process of filing a claim. I received the replacement phone couple days later. Found the replacement (refurbished) phone the mic did not work . Called in for a replacement and told they do not have any of my model and to callback the following Monday or Tuesday. I called Monday and still no phone they offered a galaxy S3 (OLD); but, it did not have a battery. I figure I could buy one or the can send. I got the phone with no battery AND NO BACKPLATE. WTF? I am a Network Engineer (contractor) who relies on the cell to conduct business. I called in Tuesday and said they would send a battery and back plate overnight and it should be here no later than 9/11. Guess what today is? Called in and told it will not be here until Monday. REALLY 12 days.
Pay the extra at your carrier; because no one could screw up this much without trying!

SquareTrade User

"I had a Samsung Galaxy Rush phone that was like almost 2 years old and I had a 3 year the Squaretrade contract and the speaker went out and I called and the agent was so nice and told me I could get it repair and they reimburse me or I could get refund for original price , which I opted for, and they sent me email with return label link in a few minutes and I print it out and sent the old phone back and within 5 days had my refund $130 in Pay Pal. What a great experience. I have all my electronics signed up to Squaretrade."

SquareTrade User

"I had a amplifer that the cooling fan stopped working they were very helpful and fast"

SquareTrade User

"I bought iPad warranty from them as per suggested by Staples store....
My iPad bottom cracked and I filed a claim with them and since after my struggle started with them. So many calls to them and nobody knows anything while online it shows repair paid.

Whenever I called them they gave me a date after 4-5 days that you will receive payment after this date blah blah. Few told that check has been couriered and when I asked about tracking number they were not be able to tell anything.
I fed up calling them dont know how to handle my this mistake to go with Square trade for an insurance.

WORST WORST WORST.............

SquareTrade User

"Don't buy this crap. And don't shop at Staples, because their products are of such poor quality and they know this, so they try to push you to buy the Square Trade Warranty which is a scam. You will never get anything from them, they will mess up your registration and make it as though you never signed up, and they will never answer the phone. Staples and Square Trade--two scam artists sitting in a tree."

SquareTrade User

"DO NOT BUY THIS BULL****!

I purchased a warranty for electrical problems, a month later I had some. But since I also dropped my phone (LONG AFTER THE ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS), and cracked the corner of my screen they refused to fix the plethora of electrical problems. Do not waste your money with them.

SquareTrade User

"What an awful company. Terrible customer service, they waste your time and delay honoring the warranty. After those problems they charge your credit card and misplace your phone for 2 weeks. Next when they finally find your phone, they won't debit your credit card. I'm on my third phone call after receiving an e-mail stating that they have my phone. I have been on hold for 20 minutes as she takes of it. What a scam!"

"I had a TMAX 9" HD Tablet stepped on by grandbaby, and I called them after trying on line to do claims. The people helped me out and I got my warrant monies refunded with in the 2 week period they promised! Thanks

ps
I used them on my Dell 23in all in one as well!

SquareTrade User

"i purchase a phone from Amazon and SquareTrade offer me the warranty so i fell for it 8 months later my phone got an accident ST send me and post envelope and they say will fix the phone for me it is been more than 3 weeks and still do not have my cell phone ST keep telling the orders have not arrive yet so i have to go to the store and buy another phone to used i send my phone on 08/05/14 and today is 08/29/14 ST will not pay me the money so i have to be without my phone for more day how many ? i do not know so do not fell for it ST (square trade) it is a rip off "

"AVOID!!!! THIS IS A SCAM COMPANY!!! Deceptive business.
I bought 3 year policy for my daughter laptop. The screen detached after a year and they supposed to fix within 5 days it OR refund the item cost. The tech support and service is somewhere in Asia ( India?), hard to reach and absolutely not helpful. I tried to get a refund since the service was not completed, I was told that they refund only insurance cost NOT the item cost. Several phone calls later speaking with manager they still denied to refund item cost. I will contact every business bureau in every state they have business as well as Amazon about the way they are doing business. A month later still no laptop.

modified review This review was modified by grigoren on August 20 2014 03:11:53 PM

SquareTrade is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

SquareTrade is not a merchant member
SquareTrade does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!