• SquareTrade SquareTrade Elite Status

Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.89/10 8.89/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.68/10 8.68/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.76/10 8.76/10

2015-07-29

"I have looked to Square Trade for almost 4 years for Warranty protection. My daughter and I have both have our cellular phones warranty with Square Trade. Whenever we filed a claim for our cellular phones, it was handled with courtesy and prompt service. We were back in busines on the same day. I would highly recommend Square Trade. A good value for the money."

2015-07-28

"I cannot believe how easy the claims process was. I had an iPad with a cracked screen. I initiated the claim online, and they sent authorization to get the repair done. I went to the Apple store and they replaced the entire iPad ($249), since they don't do screen repair on these. I emailed a copy of the receipt to SquareTrade, and in a couple hours I had my reimbursement, in the form of an Amazon gift card! Of course you can choose a check or other payment methods. Amazingly fast and easy."

2015-07-28

"I am very pleased with Square Trade. My LG TV went out and the Square Trade Team Tech Tyson was very pleasant to work with very prompt and did everything he could to get the problem solve. Thank You so much Tyson.

I would recommend Square Trade to my coworkers anytime."

2015-07-27

"Excellent turnaround! I highly recommend SquareTrade. My wife smashed her iPhone 6 and SquareTrade offered multiple options to resolve our accident. I decided to go with the local repair shop option because ST offered to waive the deductible if the repair was below a certain amount. ST made it super easy by providing a list/map of local certified repair shops. I called around and found one that offered a great price and had good reviews. Within hours the phone was repaired. I snapped a picture of my receipts off to ST and within 3 business days I received a check for the amount I was out for the repair, deductible free. The experience was superior to anything else I've dealt with before relating to insurance claims. No waiting on the phone, I did everything on the web. Far better than phone carrier insurance."

2015-07-27

"Ok. I shattered my iPhone 6 screen and needed it fixed. I tried selecting the option to just replace it so I wouldn't be without a phone, but it told me there was not a replacement phone in stock and I would have to ship my phone in and wait for it to be repaired. This is a bummer because I need my phone to take call several nights a week for work. I mailed it in Tuesday morning, hoping to get it back Thursday before my next night of call. It was fixed Wednesday but didn't get sent out until Thursday and not delivered until Saturday... I ended up needed to borrow my husband's phone for work, leaving him without a phone to travel 2+ hours away from home. Not ideal by any means. I got my phone back in good working order, just wish they wouldn't advertise replacement vs repair as an option if it wasn't one. I probably would consider a different insurance next time that won't require me to be without a phone for 5 days..."

2015-07-26

"Dropped my iphone in water and had a new one in my hands in 3 business days just as promised. Happy with the service. Only issue was I waited a bit long on hold to file a claim. "

2015-07-24

"I have multiple policies from phones to TV to printers. I have even recommended ST to friends. After I broke my screen on my phone. First time I have needed my warranty.

ST screwed up the repair and did not seal the screen right. After going through apple support thinking the ghostly etc was a hardware problem. Brought it into apple. They would not touch it bc it was no longer original parts. Called ST and found out I was beyond the meeger 30 warranty on their repairs. So I had to pay my deductible all over again. When I demanded a new phone they would only give me a refurbish phone made from Various parts they have kept from their work

How crappy is that. So I got it repaired at a local shop and now am getting rid of my 8 ST warranties and finding other buying new ones including Apple or the original manufacture. I feel horrible that I recommended this company to my friends. "

Rep reply posted Jul-24-2015

SquareTrade, SquareTrade rep has responded

“We're really sorry to hear about the experience that you had with the repair of your phone. We know you've been a long time customer (since 2011!) and appreciate you being with us for so long. We've passed your feedback to the appropriate team but would also like to make sure that this situation is made right. A member of our Resolutions team will be in touch!

Best regards,
Joseph A
SquareTrade”

2015-07-24

"I purchased a 65" television from Rakuten.com plus a 3 year warranty with Square Trade, a little over a year ago. I began having troubles and Square Trade could not fix it so they refunded my money. I will be buying another TV at Rakuten.com along with Square Trade."

2015-07-24

"Easy to deal with, quick response and resolution, will definitely purchase again and recommend to friends and family, thank you for an easy resolution."

2015-07-23

"I have two computers that need some repair. When I sent in the receipts via email with the 12 digit number as the subject the response was that there was an error with my receipt submission. I sent again and included the dashes in the number. Still an error. I have asked them to call me (estimated callback time less than 1 minute, but never happened.) I tried calling direct, but there is no choice to speak to an actual human. I am beginning to think that this company just took my money! Please advise..."

2015-07-20

"I went from being very unsatisfied to a very loyal happy Square Trade customer. They had to pay out of the entire amount on the phone, which they did overnight shipping on the check upon my request. Great flexibility!!!!"

2015-07-19

"2 years ago, I purchased a Square Trade warranty for an item I purchased from ebay for my nonprofit. When I bought my new phone 3 months and found out Square trade was insuring verizon phones, I passed because I was unsure about the service and didn't want to take a chance. I highly regret my decision not purchasing Square Trade for my phone.

4 days ago I filed a claim for Ebay purchase, a Portable Ion Speaker system that I use for events. Within an hour of my return package being scanned at the Fedex drop off, I received my refund through paypal. My new speaker is on its way today."

2015-07-18

"During our vacation, my wife accidently put my jeans with my iPhone 6 in the washer. When it came out, it was dead. So, I reported the claim to SquareTrade and they immediately offered to send me a check for $650.00 in exchange for the phone. Since I had all our vacation pictures on the phone, I elected to wait a few days, let it dry out, and see if it would work. Four days later, the phone was able to boot and I promptly downloaded all the photos and other data. However, the phone would not hold a charge for very long and there were some bright spots on the screen. I then spoke with Adele at Square Trade and she asked that I take the phone to an Apple Store to see if it could be repaired. The Apple Manager said that with water damaged phone it was not worth repairing but that he would exchange my damaged phone for a new one for $299. I told this to Adele and she told me to make the exchange and that SquareTrade would reimburse me. I e-mailed the Apple receipt and the full amount, including tax, less a $75 deductible was deposited in my PayPal account that same day. I was very pleased with how Adele and her team a SquareTrade handled my dilemma. My new iPhone is now on the SquareTrade account."

2015-07-17

"After multiple phone calls, emails for 2 different claims, for 1) a failed SATA Hard Drive which was never used and 2) a Solid State Hard Drive (the main drive) I am totally satisfied and completely amazed at the conversations held today with 3 different representatives totalling 64 minutes of my time, much of it on hold. The first claim filed Dec of 2014 was "approved" on Feb 2, 2015 and a "technician" was supposed to "visit, to diagnose" even though the failed drive had already been removed. No technician ever came as we could find a mutually convenient time though he DID call twice. On April 2, I spoke with another representative who told me to send my receipts, origianl and replacement for the claim . TODAY, I was told the claim was paid on February 2, 2015, and after explaining I NEVER received payment, the third representative today told me they "paid the technician" and closed the claim. I explained no Technician ever came to "diagnose " the problem, so what was HE paid for, and I still need reimbursement for my Hard Drive per my Square Trade Warranty. The second claim I attempted to file on April 2, online, but spoke with the same representative as the first claim who told me to send both receipts, for the original failed part and the replacement which I emailed the same day. TODAY, there is NO claim, even though I have a copy of the email I sent. AGAIN the rep today said a "technician" would come to "diagnose" the Second failed drive, that also has been replaced. This is so illogical and I am now going to file a complaint with the Florida Consumer Complaints Divison "

Rep reply posted Jul-17-2015

SquareTrade, SquareTrade rep has responded

“This definitely sounds like a frustration situation for you and we're terribly sorry to hear it. I've asked a member of our Resolutions team to reach out to you so you have one point of contact who can help sort all of this out.

We'll be in touch soon!

Best regards,
Joseph A
SquareTrade”

2015-07-17

"Fantastic experience, quick and easy. Thanks Square Trade!"

Share SquareTrade's store rating

SquareTrade is a Merchant Member! Learn more

SquareTrade is a merchant member
SquareTrade participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,712 merchant members.