• SquareTrade SquareTrade Elite Status

Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.27/10 9.27/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.22/10 9.22/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.14/10 9.14/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.19/10 9.19/10

"I purchased a TV for my bedridden father and also purchased the Square Deal plan. The TV was not working properly and I called Square Deal. I was very happy that the problem was handled with one phone call and an e mail. I will always purchase a Square Deal plan if given the opportunity."

"You have a great service for your promptness and ability to take care of most problems. However with iPhones it is inconvenient to use your service because there are so many more steps of contacting you, then making an appt. with Apple, then going to Apple store, paying them almost $300 and then having to send you the receipt, then waiting for the refund back to my acct."

"I bought a laptop on sale for $568, regularly priced at $869. The customer "service" representative told me he would give me a $30 discount because I called on the phone. He also told me the item would be covered up to $869 so it could be replaced if something should happen and it could not be repaired.

Well, something happened, unfortunately. I sent in the laptop for repair and waited the 2-5 days SquareTrade says it will take to fix things. And then another week. And then another week. I kept calling, and they kept telling me they were waiting for parts, but that it would be repaired soon. Finally, I received an email telling me they would NOT be repairing it and would refund me $594 - almost two hundred less than I was sold coverage for.

I now don't enough enough money to replace the product, and I waited almost three weeks for this news.

Because of the so-called "discount" I received when I purchased the plan, on paper it looks like I paid for a plan with less coverage than I was told I was purchasing, so I may have little recourse, because I have no hard proof that their salesman outright lied to me.

Stay far away.

"In my opinion, this is a fraudulent operation. Paid for a 4 year warranty on a new Asus computer, both from Amazon. Square Trade has been contacted 2 times and both times they are doing everything possible to not uphold the warranty that I purchased. They are a scam group at best, when it comes to computer repair under warranty."

"I had purchased a Garmin GPS in 2012. I decided to add Square Trade to the order, not really believing it would "work". Last month, my GPS decided it didn't need to function properly (or at all), and I remembered the Square Trade purchase. I contacted them about the issue I was having, they sent a mailing label for me to ship the GPS to them-in two days I was notified I would receive a full refund on the GPS (and did). I ordered a new GPS unit, and I ordered Square Trade for the new one. They are AWESOME!"

"I found this company to be VERY incompetent. They hang up on me 4 times, I had to resolve many data issues for them. If I didn't have the info that they should have had on file they would have denied my claim. I was supposed to receive a gift card for Amazon from them in the amount of $194. it was actually short $25. If I had not looked at the purchase closely I would have missed it. Then there was a fiasco resolving that. I have to wait an additional 5 days for that amount."

"Honestly, Square Trade exceeded any expectations I had, or any I COULD have had. The service and result/completion was incredibly fast, easy, with absolutely no hassle.

Without a doubt, the very best valued replacement/insurance program I've ever purchased ... hands down.

"I had a camera that wouldn't work properly when I shut off the flash. I originally sent it back to Nikon for factory warranty. Per Nikon it had evidence it was dropped. I contacted Squaretrade and they sent me information on what to do to get warranty. I had to pay to send camera and return camera from Nikon factory. When I received my camera back from Factory, Squaretrade sent me a no charge shipping label. As soon as I shipped it, I was immediately paid thru paypal. I sent them the receipts for shipping and as soon as they received the attachments, I was paid again. I would have to say, this company has great customer service and follow up for their customers. Pays immediately. I am very pleased with this company and would buy another item using SquareTrade Warranty."

"I ordered a phone from Panasonic and took a 3yr warranty from Square Trade. In Feb. 2015 the phone died. I called Panasonic and they seemed confused as to whether or not I had an extended warranty so I hung up and called Square Trade. Square Trade immediately entered the claim, sent me a return label and as soon as FedEx Ground scanned the package in, I received an email that the full price of the phone was refunded into my PayPal account. They are the best!!!"

"Purchased a Squaretrade warranty at the same time I bought my new laser printer. What a smart idea, because the printer stopped working shortly after the manufacturer's warranty ran out.
Contacted Squaretrade, sent in the bad printer, and got my money back fast!!
I highly recommend considering a Squaretrade extended warranty for purchases such as this.

"A tale of two warranties. A claim earlier this month (Feb, 2015) on a TV repair (not covered by a ST warranty) took more than two weeks from filing to repair. The warranty was from a well-known and reputable company, but the process was extremely long, although the repair was ultimately completed to my satisfaction. A claim this past week (2/25/2015) took less than two days from first filing to total refund. If I had been given the option of a ST warranty on the TV, I would have chosen it, hands down. A total no-brainer. They are THAT good."

"Sent in my request early am, approved by noon, phone fixed locally by 7pm, receipt sent by 8pm, money in paypal by 10
pm. How can this be any better. Once again thanks squaretrade.

"I had a very positive experiance with Square trade...I had a warantty with them for my tablet...I only had 2 days left on it and didnt even know thought it might have expired but my husbands tablet just stopped working...and they fully refunded me my whole purchase price without any hassle what so ever!!! Thank you Squre Trade!!! your ROCK!!"

"This was the very first time that I feel that an extended warranty paid for itself. The company provided assistance and immediately sent out all need parts. The installer was outstanding. He was professional and courteous. He even called back the next day to m make sure that the TV was working!"

"I recently had my 1st experience with SquareTrade ("ST"). I bght a server hard drive and it failed after a month. I called ST and they 1st put me in contact with HP. HP said it was off their warranty and so I went back to ST. The person spoke with their supervisor and them immediately refunded my full purchase price through PayPal and sent me a shipping label to return it. I got my refund before they even got the drive! Amazing service! Would 100% recommend them!"

Share SquareTrade's store rating

SquareTrade is a Merchant Member! Learn more

SquareTrade is a merchant member
SquareTrade participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,891 merchant members.