SquareTrade Reviews - squaretrade.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 6.50/10 2,194 reviews

SquareTrade is not a merchant member
SquareTrade does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

All Customer Reviews (2,216)

Rating 4/102/5

"I had an asus laptop that I purchased through tiger direct and warrenteed for 3 years. Now, it seems that this laptop was a trouble laptop for replacement parts, as neither tiger direct or square trade managed to replace the motherboard in the end (the repair tigerdirect suggested).

Firstly: The same day service advertised strictly means that if you call them and wish to send the item to them, they will -send you a box- within 2 business days. Nothing more.

Secondly: The suggestion to please back up your data in case of damage is also important because (for me) they salvaged my laptop -without asking or even telling me.

Thirdly: You have to take the innitiative to call them yourself. I never got an email on any updates after sending my laptop away.

Fourthly: Refunds of the item in case of inability to fix come in the form of a cheque in the mail.

Fifth: It is one of those companies you have to call to set up an account with them, after purchase of their warrenty.

I can not say that their customer service was bad. I guess they had an attitude to try to be helpful, but the consistancy was just not there. And if your warrenty is neither hassle-free or worry-free, then you really have to ask yourself what it is you are paying for.

modified review This review was modified by funkmasterjo on April 08 2014 05:29:55 PM

"I used to have an Iphone that was broken after i spilled it on a concrete road.. The Squaretrade warranty people sent a replacement immediately and i received the replacement in 2 days. But the quality of the body is different from the OEM apple iphone. I would say great customer service but bad product distribution. I do not want to deal with the company again though a little expensive would want to go through my service provider."

modified review This review was modified by rambolajambola on March 31 2014 04:56:54 PM

"Simply Awful! I own a Motorolla HD Razr Maxx HD that suffered a broken screen. They shipped me a replacement phone that does not work, and are unable to replace it. I've made eight calls to customer service during the past two weeks. Unfortunately, during these two weeks, they kept promising it a replacement was on its way, when it wasnt. They now want to replace it with a Samsung which I do not want. If you have a Motorolla, do not purchase a Square Trade warranty."

modified review This review was modified by JimWmpls on March 31 2014 10:14:06 AM
Lincoln, NE

"I bought Square Trade insurance for several items because I wanted insurance from a company with a reputation of taking care of their customers, and I wanted the accidental damage coverage when it was available. Desktop PCs are not eligible for some reason. Granted, like all insurance, I bought it hopping I'd never have to use it. Then one day,Aug 2013, I spilled pop on my MacBook Air.

I filed a claim on the website, they shipped me a box with easy to follow instructions on how to process the claim, they fixed my MacBook Air, and shipped it back. I wish the shipping process was faster, but that was up to UPS. Money well spent. I also like the new program where they give you a little money back if you don't file a claim. The only place where they can improve is to make it clear that they will not process a claim unless they have proof of purchase, so keep the receipt for the item you want covered. This needs to be made clear when you buy their insurance.

"SquareTrade, Despite a very long repair process, called me to make things right. I now have my money and can buy my tablet replacement. "

modified review This review was modified by StefaniaP on February 03 2014 11:18:35 AM

"This warranty service company is a complete SCAM and their customer service even admitted that they screwed up. I purchased a Nikon camera on Amazon. After a few weeks due to an accidental drop the side lens got cracked.

I called SquareTrade and they wouldn't even hear me out, and told me that if the issue was within the first year of warranty, then I should deal directly with the manufacturer on my own. Very dry tone and trying to get me off the phone. Your "5-star" customer service ratings are probably all fake.

I called again in a few days hoping to get someone else on the line and what do you know, this time the guy said don't even bother calling us after a year if the same issue were to occur, because we don't cover it anyway since the lens is a "replaceable" part of the camera. Well then what DO you cover? You claim to cover broke cover cases but aren't those replaceable as well?

They didn't take me seriously until I filed a BBB complaint. Then their customer service called me and apologized and admitted they were wrong and that they would repair my issue if I called them again. At that point I didn't want to even deal with this crooks.

Bottom line: Avoid at ALL COSTS - not worth the hassle when you actually do run into repair issues. SquareTrade basically eats up the money you paid them and tries their best to not return it to their customers in any way or form.

modified review This review was modified by EricB48 on November 28 2013 12:50:11 AM

"I don't usually write reviews of companies unless they're ridiculously horrible or a really great experience. This one happens to be a great one. After my stereo amp stopped working for whatever reason I was feeling disappointed considering I had a car show to attend that weekend. But luckily I had square trade. I called on a Tuesday afternoon and spoke with a rep from San Diego. They informed me it was less than a year old so I could either send it to the manufacturer or send it to them and get paid the price of what I paid due to the fact that the amp was discontinued. I thanked the rep and decided to give it some thought. I called back later that night and spoke to what I believe to be an Indian rep. Although it was difficult to communicate he was friendly nonetheless. I told him I decided to get paid out. He sent me the shipping label immediately and I sent it out the next day. As soon as I shipped it I received the payment through paypal and boy I was shocked. I then proceeded to buy another amp and since this service was so great I bought the warranty along with it. Hats off to you squaretrade, you saved the day."

modified review This review was modified by Svergara23 on November 14 2013 11:57:52 AM

"I have purchased several warranties from SquareTrade over the years. On 1 November the screen on my iPad shattered from dropping it. I immediately filed a claim with SquareTrade. They gave me 3 options (1) send it in to them for repair, (2) take it to a local repair place or (3) take to an Apple Store have them replace for $299 and send SquareTrade the receipt. I opted for the latter. I submitted my receipt from Apple to SquareTrade on 4 November and within 2 hours SquareTrade had refunded my money via PayPal. I have been and still am a very satisfied SquareTrade customer."

modified review This review was modified by inmyelement on November 04 2013 01:06:50 PM
Rating 6/103/5

"I think this would have been a better experience if Square Trade
had sent my reimbursement to the correct Paypal account. Square Trade did not however, and the reimbursement took 2 weeks
because of this mistake.

However, I found the customer service people to be polite & helpful when I spoke to them. Although Polite and helpful they could not speed up the process at all and this took way too long.

However, with that said, I think Square Trade is worthy of a second chance should I need them again.

"I had to file a claim for my Galaxy Note II Earlier this year with a Wi-Fi problem. I called Square Trade, ready to pay out the $49 to have my phone repaired, but after a conversation with their customer service they aided me in getting my manufacturer’s warranty to cover it for free. A great first experience!
However I am now filing a claim for the cracked LCD Display (which means my screen doesn't work at all) and although their service support has been awesome to interact with, it has been something of a nightmare following up with them trying to find out if/when a Note II will be back in their inventory to send out.
2-3 of them have actually told me they would follow up with emails to inform me of their inventory the next day. This has never happened. Although they did send me a survey asking me how my experience was oddly enough.
I used to rave about Square Trade to my friends; especially since this is the first Warranty I've ever taken and have been pleased up until this recent incident. I know every system has its setbacks, but I do hope Square Trade comes through. I will write a review again once my claim is resolved. Hopefully with my faith restored in Square Trade again!

"Squaretrade is the best my phone was broke i called them recieved my packing slip via email before i was off the phone with the rep. and within a week i recieved payment for my phone. I was blown away by the timing!! I recommended them to everyone!!!"

"SquareTrade is an awesome seller of warranties. I liked that if they could not repair an item, they would refund the amount you payed for the item. I do recommend buying a warranty from SquareTrade."

"my experince with square trade was wonderful they prompt in every response and with any reburisments . i would recomend them to any one ."

"This was the first time I had to use Square Trade. However, my experience with them was great. There staff member who assisted me was very professional and helpful. Once I mailed out my item to them it took about a week for my check to come in the mail. I just couldn't believe how easy it was! All in all great work square trade excellent customer service!"

"Square trade is incredible. I filed a claim in August 23rd for some headphones my daughter purchased from ebay. On Saturday August 24th I received an email stated claim was complete and my money would be sent to my pay pal account. WOW! was service. Will definatly purhcase square trade warranties for all my products"