• SquareTrade SquareTrade Elite Status

Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.32/10 9.32/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.30/10 9.30/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.21/10 9.21/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.26/10 9.26/10

"I highly recommend that you DO NOT get insurance with Squaretrade.

I file a claim for a white Samsung Galaxy S5. I got in an auto accident and my phone was severely damaged. I called in to file a claim on 12/01/2014. I got a replacement phone and I was excited how quick they were. Just to find out that the phone does not run in the US network. Something to do with it being an exclusive European phone. I return it and then they told me they did not have my phone available. That I had to wait for 2 months. I waited for 2½ months and nothing. I called them back and got to speak to a rude representative trying to force down my throat a phone that was not like my own. I requested to speak with a manager, then the rep "Jerry" stated that he spoke with the manager himself and everything was solve. I took his word for it of course. To find out that I got a black phone instead of a white, with no battery or back case. Which now I have a brick. We are now on 03/25/2015, 8 calls later (phone tag), 3 claims and 1 on the way to get a phone. All these claims are the same one. I haven't been able to resolve this claim. And when I request to speak with a manager they give you the run around. Supposedly, according to the rep "Deborah" there were no managers available. That I shall receive a return phone call within 24 hours. My claim is still pending and I'm still without my phone. This is ridiculous and unprofessional.

If you value your personal items that you pay for and would like to have them well insured in case of an emergency, I highly suggest that you go with another carrier. Preferably with you wireless carrier. At least with them I never had an issue and they were quick and efficient.

Oh, by the way I already paid my deductible too and yet no results. So sad...

I'll keep you guys posted.

"Unethical Business Practices

I used to think they were a great company to do business with. No Longer. I purchased a Laptop through Groupon. I then purchased a warranty from Square Trade. 8 months after I purchased it the send me an email saying that they cannot honor my claim, "I DID NOT FILE ONE!" They further stated that they cannot Warranty my Laptop as it was an HP Factory Refurbished. They sent this 8 MONTHS after I purchased it and now I have no opportunity to buy another as I could have in the first 30 days. I called them several times, I was transferred to 3 departments and then promised a call back. NOT! Did not here from them for over a month until a check shows up in the mail with a request that I post on Twitter, Instagram, or Vine.

Update: Surprising me yesterday evening they called me and apologized. I now have a warranty again, of course now that I have it I will not ever need to use it.

modified review Rep reply posted Mar-27-2015

SquareTrade, SquareTrade rep has responded

“Hi Jonathan - glad to hear that everything was cleared up. We're right here if you need us!”

"Square Trade is the easiest company that i have ever worked with since I started buying smart phones 6 years ago. i have had to file many claims, because i have had plenty of different items with policies and everytime it is easy and simple. I would recommend Square Trade to anyone."

"This people are modern days thieves! I brought 2 samsung galaxy phones from Amazon, and I took warranty with squatters paying them $99 ×2. Both phones got messed up after a year, they said they won't replace but fix, and I agree with the deal. Before I could finished with the claim the guy asked me for my credit card cause I have to pay $50 for each claim. Are u kidding? I argued so much with him that he waived 1claim and let me pay only for the other. They said that I have 2 options either to send the phones to them or have them fix elsewhere and send them the receipt for a refund. I sent 1 to them to get fixed which they fix, but the other only had a broken screen and I was still using it so I had fix by where I live. I sent the receipt to them never got the refund. When I called they said that I sent it to their warehouse so people there probably got rid of it, they gave me and email adress to send a pic of it and I did. They replied saying that they got it and thta they were working on it. Sigh. I'm telling it's been 5 months, and I've never heard from them. I just decide to give up cause I don't have time and energy to pursue after thieves. So be careful outhere people!! Cause these heartless people are making a living on other people misery."

"I had a decent experience did not receive updates to when my phone was under repair. but other than that sent it off and got it back in a week!"

"Square trade has been amazing ! I travel & my camera is always around my neck to snap the best nature scenes! As we all know, accidents & spills happen, sometimes out of our control when you are in a crowd or adverse weather comes along, no matter the price of the equipment; I can't imagine not having a Square Trade Warranty to help protect my equipment. I have filed claims and the representatives are wonderful & very caring when it comes to their replies and help with the claims. Thank you Square Trade !"

"I highly recommend SquareTrade for any of your warranty needs. I accidentally dropped my note 4 and filed the claim that night. The next day I got it repaired and sent my receipt in for review. I got refunded the same day. Great experience with SquareTrade."

"I am so impressed by Square Trade. Filing my claim was easy. Getting my reimbursement was fast. I will buy Square Trade warranties for all my electronics. "

"Great deal & excellent customer service! Shipping was quick & convenient, claim was reviewed professionally and promptly.

Definitely a repeat business.

"I have been using SquareTrade for over 8 years and have nothing but excellent service. I all ways recommend to customers I see while i'm shopping for myself and tell the I is much more cheaper than in-store warranties and less hassle filing claims.

Keep up the good work SquareTrade!

"Such an awesome experience. Same day service and immediate reimbursement. LOVE IT!"

"Signed up for it to cover my iPhone two years ago. Have had to file two claims for replacements, but each "refurbished" phone failed to work properly. The latest one not only malfunctions when trying to use its basic functions, but uses data even when I don't use any functions which would use data. They apparently do not properly refurbish what they use as replacements."

modified review Rep reply posted Mar-18-2015

SquareTrade, SquareTrade rep has responded

“We're sorry to hear about this experience. I'd love to see if there's anything I can do to help turn this around - would you mind emailing me at socialhelps@squaretrade.com?

Thanks,
Joseph A
SquareTrade”

"While my son purchased a warranty for his computer, and the computer failed three months after the expiration of the warranty, I had much better luck. I bought a Lexmark printer a year and a half ago, and it was working great until just recently. It stopped working, and I couldn't make it work again, so I looked up my warranty and contacted Square Trade. They were quick to send me a shipping label, and as soon as I took the printer (in the original box) to FexEx, they processed my refund. Definitely worthwhile."

"My claim team was absolutely the best purchase for my device. The device turned out to be clunker soon after buying it. Square Trade really took care of my claim faster than what both the "gecko" and the "duck" on TV promise you. I was reimbursed less than 36 hours which was faster than the return of the broken unit shipped Fed-Ex! I am proclaiming PROUD and LOUD from a hilltop to everyone," IF YOU PURCHASE A DEVICE AND ARE OFFERED SQUARE TRADE FOR A WARRANTY, WITHOUT SECOND GUESSING BUY IT!! The customer service is excellent. The claim team is professional and the service is top notch. They most certainly take care of you and give you the choice how the claim is paid!! I can't say it enough Square Trade has been the best warranty service. They earn no less than 100% from me. The phrase "give 110%" is a benchmark here!!!! "

"Oh no, my laptop was intermittently no recognizing wifi! I'll just restart but no then NO wife - plugged to router was fine so not a network issue - called Square Trade and the next day took it in - New network card and I'm back wifi within days - LOVE squaretrade - takes the hassle out of the OH NO moments!"

Share SquareTrade's store rating

SquareTrade is a Merchant Member! Learn more

SquareTrade is a merchant member
SquareTrade participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,842 merchant members.