• Address: 360 3rd. St. 6th Floor

Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.99/10 8.99/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.99/10 8.99/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.91/10 8.91/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.96/10 8.96/10

"I purchased a extended warranty for my sons Nintendo 3DS XL because kids will be kids. 3 yrs coverage including accidental damage was just $30. When the 3DS was knocked off the table and the hinge broke leaving it inoperable I hoped that I had purchased coverage on it, and I had. I filed a claim online and in just a few days after shipping the prepaid item to SquareTrade, I received a full refund of the purchase price deposited into my PayPal account. Couldn't have been easier. I cover all my potentially damageable electronics and gadgets with SquareTrade. "

"I'ts all good again! Was very skeptical to buy the insurance because some companies can't be found when you need them especially were I'm from. But when my tablet broke, you people made me smile with my refund! Thanks! En hora buena!! (spanish expression, not sure how to translate lol...maybe something like Great timing!!.)"

"I could not believe this awesome company. Square Trade took care of me completely in 1 call. He helped me through each step of the process from where to get my reciept to how to print, sign and scan the documents I needed. He stayed on the phone with me through the whole process. Square Trade not only reimbursed the full purchase amount but I didn't have to even be bothered with shipping back the old one. I just was amazed at this company's customer service. I would recommend them to anyone. "

"So glad I bought a SquareTrade warranty. SquareTrade refunded me for my eletronic device I bought from amazon hassle free. $17 was small price to pay for peace of mind. Highly recommended for any valuables that could quit working suddenly. A quick call solved all my problems. Thanks SquareTrade! "

"I purchased my first SquareTrade warranty for my daughter's MacBook Pro about a year and a half ago. Recently she started having problems with the MacBook not booting up. Since it was no longer under the Apple warranty I called SquareTrade to place a claim. I wasn't sure what to expect, but to my surprise, I was told to just bring it to any repair center, have it repaired and attach the receipt to the email they would be sending with a Claim #. Since I have a PayPal account they said I would be reimbursed within 2 -3 days. The problem was the hard disk. It was replaced and the total cost of repair was about $250. I replied the the claim email and attached the receipt. In less than 2 hours, I received the reimbursement in my PayPal account. The whole process couldn't be easier and the turn around time was incredible. I will definitely be using Squaretrade to cover my other electronic devices."

"I purchased a device last year that suddenly died about 3 months ago. I totally forgot that I had a warranty with Square Trade. When I realized I did and filed a claim, it was so easy and I got my check in a little over a week. I was pleasantly surprised."

"No Doubt , Square Trade is no 1 insurance company that I have ever known, i had 2 times great experiences to claim (tablet and cell phone) without any problem and very fast refund.Highly recommended for the buyer to buy this insurance ....."

"Needed a hp laptop restored due to many malfunctioning items. Within 2 days I received the box to ship it back and within 2 business days it was fixed and on its way back to me. This is all in less than a week. Awesome experience!!"

"Quick and easy. Top notch customer service! I will never purchase an electronic device without a square trade protection service."

"Fantastic service! Bought warranty for my laptop 1.5 years ago and forgot about it like a fool. When my hybrid HDD failed (after only 1.5 years), I bought a SSD online and got SquareTrade warranty for it. Logged into the account and realized I ALREADY had warranty for my laptop! Filed a claim and they retroactively reimbursed me for the SSD!"

"I got a Square Trade (ST) warranty for my S3, back in 2012 - at first it all seemed fine, with a low price, but soon I realised you get what you pay for.
In late 2014, I filled out a claim for my S3. Sure enough, customer service were nice at first, but not very knowledgeable on phones, let alone Android phones.

Simple enough - fill out the form, drop it with UPS and wait for it to return.
So I waited about a week, and got my phone back - I was super excited as the turn-around was really fast.
I open the package, to my disgust, the phone's screen had been replaced with a replica/fake/not original.
The touch screen buttons had changed colour and the screen didn't look as good as it did beforehand.
Now this I could slightly live with, but then the home button of the S3 was literally getting lodged into the display - yet again, signs of a fake/after-market button - then to just top it all off, the Firmware on my BTU, SIM free S3 was now VODAFONE branded - great job there ST! Since when did I ask for a VODA phone?

So I called ST again, this time quite annoyed at the sitaution - what happens? Oh, phone goes dead. Not my end, they dropped the phone on me.
So I call back this time stating: "You drop the phone on me again, I have the phone call recorded and will publish it online" - funnily enough they stick on the line and go ahead with the repair - this time round they have absolutely no idea what the "problem is" - they couldn't seem to understand why the home button was getting stuck, why the buttons were different and had absolutely, I mean absolutely no idea what a firmware was and/or an Android ROM. I literally spoke to the guy like he was a 5 year old explaining him what it was. It isn't my job to do so - where's the basic training at ST?

Anyway, cut the story short, the phone is sent back - around a week and a half later (yes this one took longer) - the phone came back - the home button as fixed, and the screen is now an original screen, however the firmware is still Vodafone branded. Sure enough, I can flash the phone quite easily - but why should I, when my phone has been tampered with by some people at ST? Long story short - I'm not playing ball and want to get to the bottom of this, be it via Trading Standards or via Amazon (where I bought the warranty from). I'm simply dissatisfied with the whole experience and ST should be ashamed about the staff that dealed with my "repair".
Since it has been almost a month that I've had to deal with not having a phone, I've been forced to use my mother's secondary phone (gotten used to it), but that doesn't mean I should have an S3 sitting in a drawer, due to the incompetence of ST employees.

I was going to buy 2 ST warranties for 2 other phones, but now I'll definitely not commit to that. You get what you pay for. Sure the phone was "fixed" but my definition of fixed is original parts, properly done - not after-market and dodgy dealings.

modified review Rep reply posted Nov-19-2014

SquareTrade, SquareTrade rep has responded

“Hi Digestives,

We're so sorry about this experience! This is definitely not the type of repair we aim to provide for our customers. I'd love to see if there's anything I could do to help turn this experience around. Could you email me at rebekahhelps(at)squaretrade.com?

Regards,
Rebekah H.,
SquareTrade”

"Pretty simple repair process. I broke my new iphone 6 the first month!! However, I made the phone call, no hassle, email sent to me, I replied with receipt, and got a check in the mail! Simple... rare nowadays! "

"Very easy process online. Best value for your dollar."

"Completely hassle free! I was skeptical to get a strictly online insurance policy. When my apple charger broke on me I went ahead and called squaretrade. My representative heard my problem sent me a return label on 11/03, although I lagged mailing out the charger until 11/08. To my surprises on 11/17, I received a check. Thanks squaretrade, i will always purchase my plans from you guys! nothing but positive feedback on my end."

"I had a problem with an item that I had purchased a SquareTrade warranty for so I contacted the company. It was quickly and easily resolved. I shipped it to them and got a check to replace the item. I was honestly surprised by how easy it was. "

SquareTrade is a Merchant Member! Learn more

SquareTrade is a merchant member
SquareTrade participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,909 merchant members.