Stores > SquareTrade

Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.72/10 6.72/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.91/10 6.91/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.95/10 5.95/10

2017-02-15

sent me a HUGE check just like they said they would

"Filed my claim for my cracked screen. The following day they called and said they no longer had Samsung S6 in stock and would mail me a refund check for $585 to replace it. Three days later the check arrived in the mail. Purchased a new S7 and added the Square Trade policy once again!"

This review was modified by votedbestdad on February 21 2017 01:14:26 PM
Rep reply posted Feb-21-2017

A rep from SquareTrade, SquareTrade, has responded

“Great to hear this sort of experience! We really appreciate the time you took to let us know that we're doing a good job. Thank you!”

2017-02-14

SQUARE TRADE IS NOT A SQUARE TRADE

"I woke up at 5am to get a black friday deal at SAMS on a 55" Hitachi Smart TV. I was encouraged to get the $49 Square Trade insurance for 5 year protection. Any issues and the TV would be replaced with no questions asked. This was a Christmas present for our parents and were so excited about this present. After only 14 months the TV screen went out and according to Square Trade could not be fixed. They did not have a comparable TV to send at the price I paid (of course because it was a black Friday deal at $125 off original price) and they would now process a check for the $395 that I paid. The 5 year warranty that I paid $49 was now used up since they had to send us a check. This is the biggest disappointment in customer service! Now I have to spend an extra $175 to replace a TV that is only 14 months old for my parents. This is not fair!!!"

This review was modified by icangrow on February 16 2017 06:45:01 AM
Rep reply posted Feb-15-2017

A rep from SquareTrade, SquareTrade, has responded

“Hello! We're really sorry to hear that you're unhappy with us. Our protection plan has a limit for repairs and reimbursements up to the cost of the device. I'd love to give this claim a 2nd look to see how I could help.

Having located your account, I will give you a call momentarily.

JA”

2017-02-12

Lg repair person

"When I contacted Square Trade the staff was polite but I was a bit disappointed. I thought that since I paid for this additional insurance that my panel was covered but was disappointed when informed that it was not.
Subsequently I paid a little over 500.00 to have the panel replaced but have not yet received a receipt from the repair man. I also requested that he email a receipt to SquareTrade and Lg to prove that I had the work completed. I have not had any contact from the repair man in a week despite the fact that I have emailed him. He presented as polite and competent when he replaced the panel .
I realize that he is busy but I Am concerned since I have no had any contact from him quite a while.
R.gordon

This review was modified by armygogo on February 14 2017 09:15:02 AM
Rep reply posted Feb-13-2017

A rep from SquareTrade, SquareTrade, has responded

“Hey there, we hear ya. Please shoot us an email at socialhelps@squaretrade.com and we'll try to get this figured out. ^AP”

2017-02-11

TV Troubleshooting and Replacement within a week!

"Our TV went dark right after Christmas (bummer for the kids and their new Xbox One!). I called SquareTrade, did the troubleshooting over the phone with a well-informed technician, and in the end it was determined that our TV model was on the "no-fix" list so we received a new, comparable model TV. The process was smooth and quick, and we were happy that we invested in the insurance!"

This review was modified by marketingmom on February 14 2017 12:30:07 AM
Rep reply posted Feb-13-2017

A rep from SquareTrade, SquareTrade, has responded

“It's always a good idea -- especially as technology becomes more expensive! ^AP”

2017-02-10

"The technicians were very knowledgeable in their work. They provided excellent service. The only was the board sent didn't correct my problems. I had two problems, the tv turn off and on and I couldn't hook up to my wifi. They checked out my wifi and it was working perfectly."

This review was modified by yokoyamahh on February 21 2017 01:22:09 PM
Rep reply posted Feb-21-2017

A rep from SquareTrade, SquareTrade, has responded

“Simple stuff! glad we were able to send someone out to help you quickly and efficiently! ^AP”

2017-02-08

"Was very easy and fast to receive my check. Also the person I spoke to was very pleasant and helpful."

This review was modified by dianataiclet on February 10 2017 03:45:02 AM

2017-02-07

Very pleased

"Repairs done in record time and tablet returned just as quickly. This is what customer service should be in "all" companies."

This review was modified by jdamrau3 on February 09 2017 02:30:01 PM

2017-02-06

NOT happy with Square Trade response or should I say "non-response!"

"I had purchased a Square Trade warranty for a refurbished printer I ordered from Staples. When it was not working properly, submitted an online claim. When the claim showed up on the screen, it showed that it was closed. I contacted them via phone. I spoke with a representative who informed me I needed to contact HP. Square Trade sent an e-mail to me with the information they would need if I was dissatisfied with the conversation I had with HP. I called HP and after 1-1/2 hr of tests, was told it was no longer under warranty. I contacted Square Trade via reply e-mail, per their instructions, with all of the information they required. Never heard from Square Trade. Four days later, I contacted them via phone and at first the representative told me he had no record of my e-mail. Then he connected me to HP on a conference call with him. At some point he was dropped from the call. After 45 minutes on the phone with HP, I was told again their warranty expired, so forwarded my original e-mail to Square Trade, including the update of this second call. I never heard from Square Trade. I ended up calling Staples and they credited me for the printer. So, I paid for a Square Trade Warranty and received no help from Square Trade. I am not sure why the Square Trade Warranty was even offered with this printer."

This review was modified by cynthia_spirk on February 08 2017 08:30:02 AM
Rep reply posted Feb-07-2017

“Hi, Cynthia!

Typically, we refer customers to the manufacturer in the first year to help preserve the value of your warranty with us. However, we understand there are certain circumstances where you won't be able to go through the manufacturer, which is why our plan run concurrent.

I was able to locate your account, and will be contacting you promptly to try and turn this experience around!

JA”

2017-02-06

No Stress. No Mess

"The issue was resolved effortlessly, once they "held my hand" and walked me thru the process. Thank you."

This review was modified by rockliner on February 08 2017 07:45:06 AM

?????????????????????????????????????????????

"I filed a claim. Required just a few minutes. Received a new unit in a couple of days. The new unit arrived DEFECTIVE and I am now awaiting for the Vendor to replace it.
SquareTrade did it's part promptly and well. HLH

This review was modified by hlhjr00 on February 07 2017 09:00:01 AM

GREAT Customer Service

"Filled out a online claim on Dyson Vacuum. The claim form is more geared towards laptops, and other electronic devices. So the claim was denied. Has a link to where THEY call you. Received a call in minutes and everything was handled in the best possible manner that I still can't believe. Would highly recommend purchasing the service contract from SquareTrade."

This review was modified by slthd on February 07 2017 07:15:02 AM

Great experience

"A perfect transaction in every way! Thanks!"

This review was modified by dsogolow on February 07 2017 07:15:02 AM

No enough details given

"I purchased 3 walkie talkie wanted insurance. Call Customer support and was advised I had to purchase one plan that covered the amount of my purchase. So I went back and purchased it. I am now stuck with a walkie talkie that no longer works correctly. Well that's what you get when you try not to make a mistake. "

This review was modified by malcmarc on February 07 2017 12:23:30 PM
Rep reply posted Feb-07-2017

“Hello,

Sorry for any inconvenience we may have caused. I had an opportunity to look at this claim and noticed that we are indeed sending you a reimbursement for the full cost paid for your device. Our warranties are sold based on price brackets, and in this case the warranty is issuing a full reimbursement for the cost of the device and that there was only 1 warranty purchased for 1 device.

Having located your account, I will be contacting you shortly to offer additional assistance.

Thank you!

_JA”

2017-02-04

Thankful :)

"appreciated the rep's friendliness and walking me through the steps."

This review was modified by sdpiper5055 on February 07 2017 12:30:03 AM

2017-02-04

Premature Printer's Passing

"My printer went to heaven before it's time and SquareTrade helped pay for the replacement. Very easy to work with and received my check in record time--less than a week. Will ALWAYS purchase SquareTrade warranty."

This review was modified by nancyfranzen52 on February 07 2017 12:30:03 AM

Share SquareTrade's store rating

SquareTrade is a Merchant Member! Learn more

SquareTrade is a merchant member
SquareTrade participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,443 merchant members.