• Address: 575 Market Street, 10th Floor San Francisco, CA
    • Contact: http://warranty.squaretrade.com/buyercenter/contac
    • Phone: 1-877-WARRANTY
    • Customer Support: 1-877-WARRANTY
    • Business Hours: Support: 24 hours, 7 days a week. Claims: 6am-5pm PST, Mon-Fri.
    • Fax: 415-541-1001

Product & services pricing Rating 4.38/10 4.38/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.99/10 2.99/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.19/10 3.19/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.79/10 2.79/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.58/10 2.58/10

"Really good company. Back when I had the Motorola Atrix, which was the world's most advanced phone (first dual-core processor phone), I decided to get a protection plan from SquareTrade (don't remember the details). Literally a couple weeks after getting the phone I leave the phone in my pants and put it in the wash. I was devastated and decided to see if SquareTrade could reimburse me... even a fraction would've made me happy again! I call them up and for some fee, I was able to get most of the money I spent on the phone back. I got the check in about a week. I don't know how this company is now, as it has been a few years, but back when I dealt with them I ended up highly satisfied. It is sad to see their rating fall this low :("

modified review This review was modified by Himel_D on September 30 2014 02:14:06 PM

"Square trade is a fraudulent company. I purchased a one year contract on a used Parasound amp through ebay. One of the reasons I went ahead and got amp was Square trade offered warranty service for it. Well its been a couple of months and the amp is not working right, turning on and off by itself. I called Square trades office in San Francisco, which so happens to be where Parasound is located. and a person named Ryan told me that they don't service Parasound, he then went on to say i could find a service center in my area take it in pay for whatever service it requires and then submit the bill so they might look it over and decide how much to pay. Really? this sounds like fraud to me. I wonder how much money they take in with no intent on servicing that item. Ryan did say he could refund my service agreement pro rated by the way. This company is defrauding consumers openly and from their website looks to be putting all that fraud ed money into there greedy little hands, paying off watchdog groups for a favorable report and screwing customers. If you choose to go with this company for your warranty, you did not listen to what Ive said or your just plain stupid"

modified review This review was modified by trouble2530 on September 25 2014 04:42:40 PM

"I sent my son's tablet in to get repaired and then received an email that they were sending me a gift card. When I called they said they sent a replacement because my warranty didn't have enough to cover the damage. The gift card is for $72. My tablet was $219. I never got a phone call or an email regarding any of this.The tablet was already destroyed.. I had to call and spend 40 mins talking with a multitude of people. I would never use square trade again. I suggest no one else does either. I think Ill call my lawyer"

"horrible company , i cancelled my warranty they are not returning my check,i keep calling someone to talk , they are playing head game , DO NOT BUY FROM SQUARE TRADE "

modified review This review was modified by CETIN on September 24 2014 12:56:47 PM

"SquareTrade is one of the most disappointing replacement plan companies I have ever dealt with. I have tried to file two claims over the past 2 years for my iPhone and I have been disappointed each time. The first time, SquareTrade had no replacement phones to send me and instructed that I would have to go to an Apple store to get it replaced. The problem was that the closest Apple store was over 100 miles away and this was in no way a convenient replacement.
Today, I expected a replacement for my recent claim. I was very surprised when it was delivered to my parents’ house, which is almost 150 miles away from my address. I had given them the correct shipping address when I filed the claim on the phone but they shipped it to the wrong address. I even received an email that the phone would be shipped to my current address so I did not think this was going to be an issue. For some reason, despite my instructions and the confirmation email that I received, it still went to the wrong address. Their solution for this mistake that they made was to have my parents ship the phone to me. I was not happy with this solution because now SquareTrade is having me deal with their mistake myself. I thought the appropriate response would be for SquareTrade to send me another phone overnight and my parents could use the return label to return the phone that they had sent to the wrong address due to their error. SquareTrade refused to do that and said that they could not fill out another claim under the same account. I can understand this if I had given them the wrong address, but this was SquareTrade’s error, not mine, which made it difficult to understand why they couldn’t make good on their mistake.
I had to insist to speak with a manager or supervisor and after 30 minutes on hold, a gentleman by the name of Jerry Watts, he told me the same things that the customer service rep did: 1. My patents could send me the phone via FedEx, or 2. I could wait for the phone to be delivered back to SquareTrade so that they could then send me a new one (which I would probably have to call to reinitiate any sort of action by them). I actually started to wonder what I would be responsible for if they had just sent it to a wrong address where the residents weren’t related to me. When I asked Jerry Watts if there was another person I could speak to because these solutions did not resolve my problem, he told me that he had no supervisor or manager. When I asked again if he had any boss at all, he said that there were several people; one was Michael Wallace and another was Fred Miller, but these men were not able to be reached via phone. When I asked if they had an email I could contact them at if my problem wasn’t resolved in the next few days, he stated that they did not have email addresses and that I would have to just send any email to the general customer service email address. I actually wonder if these men exist as they have no phone, nor an email address.
I am now waiting for SquareTrade to contact FedEx to pick up my package from the wrong address where they sent it to then be remailed to me. Jerry said that hopefully it would be done in the next few days or so. I do not think this is a resolution to a problem what so ever and I am extremely disappointed in how this situation was handled. I will never recommend SquareTrade to anyone. It is affordable but when it comes down to it, they do not deliver on the products or services that they promise in the contract you sign with them.

"Bought a warranty for my headphones. Unfortunately, the headphones came apart and I needed the warranty. SquareTrade was easy to deal with. When I called, there was an announced wait of a few minutes. They then offered to take my number and call me back when the next available representative was available. I did this and approximately the suggested wait time later, I got a call back and we handled the matter quickly. I got a preprinted FedEx label (no cost to me) and sent them the broken headphones and got a check back a few days later. So easy, so helpful."

"This company is a total scam!
Bought an insurance for my new laptop and they gladly took my money. The insurance was not cheap (20% of the total price). When my laptop was damaged during a robbery, they responded that it was only insured for mechanical malfunction, that my insurance did not have the Accidental Damage feature.
This is the type of companies that give Insurance companies bad reputation and a bad name!

modified review This review was modified by pechavarria on September 22 2014 12:33:30 AM

"Ordered my granddaughter a refurbished ipod on ebay! Glad I bought a square trade warranty. The ear phone jack didn't work. When I called the square trade was very helpful to try to find a repair shop close to me. No shops had part so square trade said, "send it to us"! In about 7 business days we had her Ipod back and it was working. We have a happy little girl now! Thanks square trade!"

"Useless for Ebay items. They do not disclose that ADH coverage is not included on new items such as open box, opened for inspection etc. Also very rude customer service based in philipines. "

modified review This review was modified by tpaphone on September 17 2014 07:13:07 AM

"I am always reluctant to buy these extended warranties and have not had good experiences with them in the past, so I was not sure about buying the square trade protection plan for my 75" Samsung LED TV. My other TVs that I have owned for years never had any problems, and when my stereo broke that had a big-box retailer warranty they were absolutely no help at all..so I was having a hard time justifying adding on any extra money on a purchase that took months of saving up for because I thought in the unlikely event that something does go wrong, then the company would find a way to get out of helping me out anyway so it would just be pointless. After a lot of thinking, I decided to buy the warranty anyway to protect my investment and just hope for the best.

About a year and a half later my TV developed 3 separate white spots in the center area of the screen. The panel had a defect, which is one of the most expensive parts of a TV to repair. I called Square Trade with a lot of dread, scared that they were going to confirm my fears that I'm stuck with these ugly, distracting spots on my TV. I have worked customer service myself and I am always extremely polite and understanding with representatives on the phone...and I feel a lot of companies take advantage of this because I am not going to make a fuss about a problem, especially to a phone representative caught in the middle.

Square Trade was genuinely interested in helping me out with my broken TV. They always replied to my emails swiftly and even called me when I was a little slow in getting some photos to them of the broken TV. They went above and beyond my expectations and fixed the problem so quickly. Square Trade had my best interests in mind and was relentless in making sure they could come up with a solution that left me nothing but extremely satisfied. Square Trade had my back unlike any company I have ever come across and instead of sitting here sulking about my expensive lemon of a TV and kicking myself for passing up on the Square Trade warranty, I am happy and stress free. I would definitely recommend for anyone unsure about this product to just go for it, you will be thankful for the peace of mind even if you're lucky enough to never need the extra protection. I will never buy a warranty from any other company again, Square Trade has earned my business and trust and I am so glad a company like this exists.

"This was the worst experience I have ever had with a company, period. I originally purchased the plan through Sam's Club on 8-2-2014.

I started my claim process on 8-12-2014 after my LG2 screen cracked. Over 15 calls and 7 emails later, I have yet to receive reimbursement or a working replacement phone.

8-12-14: Want to file a claim, they did not have my warranty on file. Sent them the receipt of the phone and warranty purchase at receipts@squaretrade.com. They indicated that they would call back when received.

8-17-14: No call. I called back and they said they never received it. Forwarded them the email again.

8-21-14: No call. Called back and still did not get it. Had a rep email me and replied back to the email with the images.

8-25-14: No call. Called again. The images were over their "5MB" limit and they needed it less. Retook the photos and sent them again!

8-27-2014: No call. Called again. They finally have it but it will take 5 business days to process. NOPE. Spoke to a rep that said they will call me back in 30 min. NO CALL. Called back 4 hours later. Finally got someone to process my claim. (13 Days later).

9-1-14: Received the first replacement phone. Did not work with sprints network. Took it into the sprint store and they said that the 3rd party messed with the root directories and it was unable to connect.

9-4-14: Called to get the replacement phone replaced due to the programming error.

9-8-14 Receieved the replacement replacement phone. SAME ISSUE. The phone's programming was messed with. Called and had to get ANOTHER replacement phone sent.

9-11-14: Third replacement phone came. SAME ERROR! I am irrate at this point.

9-12-14: I told them that I want a refund. They said they will send me $499.99, the market price for the phone. I tell them I want the total cost of the phone, activation, and taxes paid due to their faulty replacements. I do not want to pay ANYTHING out of pocket. If they sent me a replacement that worked, I would not need to pay the taxes or activation. The rep told me a supervisor would call me back. NO CALL YET AGAIN.

DO NOT PURCHASE. Pay the 53 extra dollars for two year warranty through the carrier. F*CK Squaretrade.

modified review This review was modified by jmitch126 on September 12 2014 07:37:09 PM

"Square Trade is awesome service. I have it for all my tablets and computers. It makes having breakable items stress free wit out the worry of keeping it bullet proof case. (LOL) "

SquareTrade User

"If you want inept service and agrevation, this the company for you.
My phone broke on the 9/3/14 and I started the process of filing a claim. I received the replacement phone couple days later. Found the replacement (refurbished) phone the mic did not work . Called in for a replacement and told they do not have any of my model and to callback the following Monday or Tuesday. I called Monday and still no phone they offered a galaxy S3 (OLD); but, it did not have a battery. I figure I could buy one or the can send. I got the phone with no battery AND NO BACKPLATE. WTF? I am a Network Engineer (contractor) who relies on the cell to conduct business. I called in Tuesday and said they would send a battery and back plate overnight and it should be here no later than 9/11. Guess what today is? Called in and told it will not be here until Monday. REALLY 12 days.
Pay the extra at your carrier; because no one could screw up this much without trying!

SquareTrade User

"I had a Samsung Galaxy Rush phone that was like almost 2 years old and I had a 3 year the Squaretrade contract and the speaker went out and I called and the agent was so nice and told me I could get it repair and they reimburse me or I could get refund for original price , which I opted for, and they sent me email with return label link in a few minutes and I print it out and sent the old phone back and within 5 days had my refund $130 in Pay Pal. What a great experience. I have all my electronics signed up to Squaretrade."

SquareTrade User

"I had a amplifer that the cooling fan stopped working they were very helpful and fast"

SquareTrade is a Merchant Member! Learn more

SquareTrade is a merchant member
SquareTrade participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,843 merchant members.