• SquareTrade

Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.29/10 9.29/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.29/10 9.29/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.17/10 9.17/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.23/10 9.23/10

"I am extremely impressed by Square Trade. My daughter broke her screen on Tuesday. They told me how to schedule a repair appointment at Apple. The phone was repaired the next day, Wednesday. I sent a copy of the receipt to Square Trade on Thursday, and the money was in my PayPal account on Saturday. I was ver impressed with the professionalism and speed with which this was handled."

"Had a small issue getting anything done on the website however customer service agent was very helpful and knowledgeable."

"I have almost ALWAYS had great experiences with Square Trade, UNLIKE GEEK SQUAD that is useless"

"It has become obviously clear that most of the individuals that provide a good rating to this organization have never really had to deal with their off shore customer service personnel or the individuals within their escalation department.

BUYER BEWARE. If you have a choice in an extended warranty service, RUN!. See my compliant to the Better Business Bureau:

My complaint is in reference to the lack of customer service, unresponsive individuals and a lack of integrity as it relates to honoring their policy.
To begin, I had an unfortunate accident in which case my tablet fell into the road and was run over by a vehicle. I attempted several times to contact ST for direction on how to proceed with sending them my damaged product and delt with the following:
- Hold times of up to 10-15 minutes to speak to an individual to file a claim.
- Inconsistent responses from call takers as to what I can expect.
- A repeated statement that if the item could not be repaired, that I would be reimbursed the value based on the receipt that was submitted for registration of the warranty. The call takers are very specific to NOT include language that if the item cannot be repaired that a refurbished item would be provided as opposed to reimbursement.
- One operator specifically informed me that he would be sending me a box that I will use along with a postage tag to submit my damaged product. I waited 6 days for this item to appear before contacting ST and being informed that I should just use any box I have and send the item in.

Once I submitted the item for repair, I received an email informing me the percentage that was complete, 25%. The email stated it should take 2-5 business days for ST to fix the item and another 2 days for shipment back to me. The item was received based on the Fedex ticket on 3/19. I called on 3/25 to inquire what was happening, this was business day 5 without any contact from ST. I was informed they would have to call the "Depot" to determine the status. I was informed they were waiting for a part from the manufacturer. I requested to speak to another individual as I needed them to honor the reimbursement of the equipment since they were not able to repair it within the timeframe. I spent two hours being passed around until I was promised a callback from an escalation specialist. I never received a call. I called again on 3/26, one day past the 2-5 business day window. I spent 3 hours on the phone with off shore individuals who informed me they were still waiting for parts and that they would not arrive until the first week of April. I spoke with Mary, who promised she would connect me with Dominick in Escalation and then sent me directly to his voicemail. He never called me back. Then I called back and spent some additional time speaking with Fred in escalation, he was useless, quoting policy and that they couldn't help me due to the manufacturer not having the part they needed to fix my tablet.

By this time I had enough of off shore lies and started to randomly call extensions at the HQ office in San Francisco. I spoke with two individuals, one of which I believe was Mark on March 27. I spent an hour with him and he told me that miraculously, my tablet was repaired and would be sent out via fedex on that date; so I guess they didn't really need that part after all; and that the 6-8 individuals I spoke to prior all lied to me about the part not being available. Later on the 27th, I received an email that my tablet was repaired and was being shipped back to me.

Today, 4/1, I received the item in the mail while I was at work. I then received a call from Michael in the SF office. He informed me they couldn't fix the tablet and sent me a replacement. I was so confused, because up until that call I was informed that the tablet was repaired. Now, I received a call stating it wasn't repaired. I asked if it was refurbished and he stated he believed it was "new". He was going to check and call me back. No call back.

When I opened the box I was shocked. They sent me the item in the box I originally sent them, still filled with the broken glass from my damaged tablet, the power adapter was missing, the replacement tablet was scratched and the pen was missing.

I called and spoke with Jarrel, spent an additional hour on the phone and was informed that my case would be escalated and I would have to wait 48 hours for a response. I told him I wanted money back and wanted to fire them.

So far, I have only received a $99 check for the reimbursement of the plan, but I am still waiting for a reimbursement check for the amount of the surface.

Just a quick note about me. I have run contact centers and implemented Ethics and Compliance programs for large organizations over the last 16 years and I have never run into such a level of incompetence during this time then I have had with Square Trade. Seem like it s time for a good house cleaning...

"So easy. Wife accidentally dropped the iPhone in water, filled out claim form online, got approved, went to the Apple Store and got the out-of-warranty replacement phone, emailed a scan of the receipt, and a reimbursement check minus my deductible was on the way - all within a few hours of dropping the phone. "

"I dropped the postage paid box in a Fed Ex box on Monday and my phone was repaired and back on Wednesday. I'm happy with that. Fixed my screen. Did not indicate if they fixed the battery I was having problems with as well. Maybe?"

"My Surface Rt is working this time and working very well. That is good, but curious since it was not working correctly when I got it back in February. I feel that someone was covering for the person who did not repair it correctly. And by the way, my charger is working fine. The jury is still out as to how long the repair holds up. I hope this proves SquareTrade to be a great company. In February I was greatly disappointed by the results."

modified review Rep reply posted Apr-17-2015

SquareTrade, SquareTrade rep has responded

“Sorry to hear about the initial hiccup but glad to hear your tablet was repaired and returned. We ensure that all repairs are QC'd before being sent back but understand that there are one-offs. If you find that you start having issues, please reach out to me directly at socialhelps@squaretrade.com and we'll make sure this is handled immediately.

For now, thanks for trusting us to protect devices and for providing us with your feedback that helps us to improve service to all of our customers.

Best regards,
Joseph A
SquareTrade”

"I had a bitter experience with Square trade initially for a month! The phone was damaged and replacement was not reached me. I repeatedly had to call ST and Finally Chris C came and resolved everything for good! Thanks Chris for an outstanding customer support!!!"

"Great customer service. Very easy to file a claim. I heard back and was credited money within 24 hours. Will purchase warranties again in the future."

"We are still waiting for a check from a laptop repair that we had done ourselves after the unit had been sent in 4 times and twice it was returned to us with a damaged screen and each time it was returned to us with incomplete repair work done."

modified review Rep reply posted Apr-13-2015

SquareTrade, SquareTrade rep has responded

“Terribly sorry to hear about this experience, Dawn. I found you in our system and will have Paloma from our Resolutions team reach out to you right away.

Regards,
Joseph A
SquareTrade”

"I notified them on the 3rd of a problem with my tablet
They quickly sent me an email with instructions on how
to send it in for repair. Within 2 days of sending it in I was notified it was repaired and on the way back to me!
The longest pat of the process was the time it took me to pack and box my tablet,print a shipping label & wait for FedEx to pick it up! I was notified by Email of the entire processing and how long it would take !!
I received an Email from FedEx that I would have it on the 13th Not bad only a 10 day turn around!

"The espresso machine I have owned for more than a year stopped working. Through a simple phone call and signing an affidavit, Square trade refunded me 80% of the purchase price.
Ver efficient, very easy.

"Excellent! Excellent!! Excellent!!!
I have no complain about their service. My damaged phone was replaced as promised. The claim experience was pretty smooth.

"I have had three policies with Square Trade and have never needed them until last week. I had a very speedy, professional, courteous associate and in a matter of minutes, I was taken care of and already had the email with my shipping label. The day after I sent my package back, my account was credited the money. So worth it!!!! Would recommend over and over!!!"

"Square Trade was super easy and convienent. My phone screen cracked and they made it easy to pick which repair shop I wanted and reimbursed me within 24 hours of giving them my receipt. "

Share SquareTrade's store rating

SquareTrade is a Merchant Member! Learn more

SquareTrade is a merchant member
SquareTrade participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,860 merchant members.