• Address: 575 Market Street, 10th Floor San Francisco, CA
    • Contact: http://warranty.squaretrade.com/buyercenter/contac
    • Phone: 1-877-WARRANTY
    • Customer Support: 1-877-WARRANTY
    • Business Hours: Support: 24 hours, 7 days a week. Claims: 6am-5pm PST, Mon-Fri.
    • Fax: 415-541-1001

Product & services pricing Rating 3.86/10 3.86/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.36/10 1.36/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10

"SCAM!!!! Called, they kept transferring me, I think I've been to every province in India and still my headphones are broken. I don't have FORTY #$%#$%#$ING MINUTES to waste every time I call these morons."

modified review This review was modified by edwardtilbury on July 22 2014 07:26:18 PM

"Bought a phone with a warranty through Costco thinking that it was a good deal. I dropped the phone in water on 7/6/14. The customer service rep said I would have a new phone by 7/8/14. I called on 7/9/14. The rep said that there was a glitch in the system, but my phone would be here one 7/10/14. I called them late in the day on 7/10/14 to check status. Oh I'm sorry, but that phone was out of stock. It is in stock now. Phone arrived on 7/11. Put the phone in a case (the same case that I have had for 8 months with no issues). I dropped the phone while getting out of the car on 7/15. It was my fault. Entirely. I called back and they shipped me a new phone on 7/16. I was thinking, okay. Maybe my last experience was a fluke. The microphone on the replacement phone doesn't work. I will be getting a new phone in FOUR DAYS. (Maybe) Worst customer service I had ever had. Ever. Stay away from this company."

modified review This review was modified by jeffrunningman on July 18 2014 01:51:30 PM

"Horrible customer service... spoke with Anna at extension 1851. She promised me the world and I knew once I got off the phone with her that would be the end of that and it was. I bought a two year service plan on a printer / copier and I sent in all my paperwork they requested, now no one is getting back to me with information as to what to do next. I sent a couple of emails, left voice mail messages, I am on the phone now trying to get in contact with a human being... absolutely horrible. I would be better off spending another $80 and getting another printer than $20 for a stupid protection plan that is absolutely a waste of time, resources and money. I can't say this enough... SCAM SCAM SCAM!!! "

modified review This review was modified by DJjohn12 on July 16 2014 07:10:19 AM

"SCAM SCAM SCAM > I purchased a 4 year warrant for a 60 inch projection TV. Site says all parts and service included. After purchasing and recieving policy I find in fine print that the projection lamp is not included. Of course I did not find this until the 3rd year when the lamp failed. What a waste of money. They know this is the part that fails on these tv's. You don't find this until after you have purchased. DONT DO IT!"

modified review This review was modified by holland94044 on June 26 2014 08:09:43 PM

"Bought a TV from eBay. Went to SquareTrade to purchase a warranty. Found and purchased a 3 year warranty for $22.47. A month later, the same warranty on the same eBay item is offered for 99¢. I called SquareTrade to see what, if anything, they could do for me. The CSR said call eBay and that they would not be helping me in any way. Poor customer service. If you didn't want to deal with people requesting price adjustments, you shouldn't be offering different prices at different times.
I hope I never have to open a claim with Squaretrade. I am afraid that the customer service would be terrible with claims as well.

"They claim their warranties are cheaper and better than what you can get through the manufacturers. They are cheaper, but on items like cell phones and tablets, it's worth paying more, because then you are covered for everything, including being lost or stolen, which square trade does not cover.

If your item quits working, it is a great warranty, as I have used it and got fully refunded. I should have paid Verizon the $10/month for my Elipses 7 tablet, which was stolen & it would have been replaced.

Lesson learned!

modified review This review was modified by Fulldinner on June 20 2014 09:41:41 AM

"I purchased a Square Trade warranty through e-bay for a phone (purchased in July 2013) now that I need to use the warranty it seems Square Trade cannot find the warranty. I have a receipt and everything but after two weeks of trying to get someone to find it I am not happy and will never buy from Square Trade again."

modified review This review was modified by sbidaho on April 29 2014 08:51:19 PM

"I had an asus laptop that I purchased through tiger direct and warrenteed for 3 years. Now, it seems that this laptop was a trouble laptop for replacement parts, as neither tiger direct or square trade managed to replace the motherboard in the end (the repair tigerdirect suggested).

Firstly: The same day service advertised strictly means that if you call them and wish to send the item to them, they will -send you a box- within 2 business days. Nothing more.

Secondly: The suggestion to please back up your data in case of damage is also important because (for me) they salvaged my laptop -without asking or even telling me.

Thirdly: You have to take the innitiative to call them yourself. I never got an email on any updates after sending my laptop away.

Fourthly: Refunds of the item in case of inability to fix come in the form of a cheque in the mail.

Fifth: It is one of those companies you have to call to set up an account with them, after purchase of their warrenty.

I can not say that their customer service was bad. I guess they had an attitude to try to be helpful, but the consistancy was just not there. And if your warrenty is neither hassle-free or worry-free, then you really have to ask yourself what it is you are paying for.

modified review This review was modified by funkmasterjo on April 08 2014 05:29:55 PM

"I used to have an Iphone that was broken after i spilled it on a concrete road.. The Squaretrade warranty people sent a replacement immediately and i received the replacement in 2 days. But the quality of the body is different from the OEM apple iphone. I would say great customer service but bad product distribution. I do not want to deal with the company again though a little expensive would want to go through my service provider."

modified review This review was modified by rambolajambola on March 31 2014 04:56:54 PM

"Simply Awful! I own a Motorolla HD Razr Maxx HD that suffered a broken screen. They shipped me a replacement phone that does not work, and are unable to replace it. I've made eight calls to customer service during the past two weeks. Unfortunately, during these two weeks, they kept promising it a replacement was on its way, when it wasnt. They now want to replace it with a Samsung which I do not want. If you have a Motorolla, do not purchase a Square Trade warranty."

modified review This review was modified by JimWmpls on March 31 2014 10:14:06 AM

Lincoln, NE

"I bought Square Trade insurance for several items because I wanted insurance from a company with a reputation of taking care of their customers, and I wanted the accidental damage coverage when it was available. Desktop PCs are not eligible for some reason. Granted, like all insurance, I bought it hopping I'd never have to use it. Then one day,Aug 2013, I spilled pop on my MacBook Air.

I filed a claim on the website, they shipped me a box with easy to follow instructions on how to process the claim, they fixed my MacBook Air, and shipped it back. I wish the shipping process was faster, but that was up to UPS. Money well spent. I also like the new program where they give you a little money back if you don't file a claim. The only place where they can improve is to make it clear that they will not process a claim unless they have proof of purchase, so keep the receipt for the item you want covered. This needs to be made clear when you buy their insurance.

"SquareTrade, Despite a very long repair process, called me to make things right. I now have my money and can buy my tablet replacement. "

modified review This review was modified by StefaniaP on February 03 2014 11:18:35 AM

"I was looking for a laptop warranty and when looking through google I noticed they were selling policies through multiple websites.

Amazon was listing the particular one I wanted for approx £179 including AD. Another website listed the EXACT same policy for £133 and it gave me the option to purchase it.

I contacted Squaretrade to find out what was going on to be told 'That policy is exclusive to products bought on that site' despite all the T&C's and info NOT saying that what so ever (I mean it has the option to add the indivudual policy to your basket and completely pay for it/arrange delivery!). I asked if they could match the price as it seemed a bit unfair to pay £40+ for the same thing?

They went away for approx a day or so to look into and came back to say 'Nope, you have to go to the other site and buy the more expensive one', I was informed if I didn't despite the policies being identical in wording/coverage when I came to claim they'd reject it and just refund my money (but wouldnt do this UNTIL I needed to claim).

It seems like they've got a pretty decent scam going on here, setting multiple prices for various websites but forcing you to always buy from the most expensive one otherwise they invalidate your cover. If this is how the company operates i'm quite glad I never took cover out with them... I expected more considering all these 'glowing reports'.

All in all a let down, instead of doing the right thing and merely going 'Yes we'll match it' they dug their heels in, wasted my time and theirs and lost a customer. I was more than happy to buy the policy but why should I pay £40 extra for the same thing, they even tried to make out the policies were different and there was 'less coverage' which is simply not the case. Someone is telling fibs and I don't think they have a clue what they're doing....

modified review This review was modified by kalo88uk on December 06 2013 01:12:01 AM

"This warranty service company is a complete SCAM and their customer service even admitted that they screwed up. I purchased a Nikon camera on Amazon. After a few weeks due to an accidental drop the side lens got cracked.

I called SquareTrade and they wouldn't even hear me out, and told me that if the issue was within the first year of warranty, then I should deal directly with the manufacturer on my own. Very dry tone and trying to get me off the phone. Your "5-star" customer service ratings are probably all fake.

I called again in a few days hoping to get someone else on the line and what do you know, this time the guy said don't even bother calling us after a year if the same issue were to occur, because we don't cover it anyway since the lens is a "replaceable" part of the camera. Well then what DO you cover? You claim to cover broke cover cases but aren't those replaceable as well?

They didn't take me seriously until I filed a BBB complaint. Then their customer service called me and apologized and admitted they were wrong and that they would repair my issue if I called them again. At that point I didn't want to even deal with this crooks.

Bottom line: Avoid at ALL COSTS - not worth the hassle when you actually do run into repair issues. SquareTrade basically eats up the money you paid them and tries their best to not return it to their customers in any way or form.

modified review This review was modified by EricB48 on November 28 2013 12:50:11 AM

"I don't usually write reviews of companies unless they're ridiculously horrible or a really great experience. This one happens to be a great one. After my stereo amp stopped working for whatever reason I was feeling disappointed considering I had a car show to attend that weekend. But luckily I had square trade. I called on a Tuesday afternoon and spoke with a rep from San Diego. They informed me it was less than a year old so I could either send it to the manufacturer or send it to them and get paid the price of what I paid due to the fact that the amp was discontinued. I thanked the rep and decided to give it some thought. I called back later that night and spoke to what I believe to be an Indian rep. Although it was difficult to communicate he was friendly nonetheless. I told him I decided to get paid out. He sent me the shipping label immediately and I sent it out the next day. As soon as I shipped it I received the payment through paypal and boy I was shocked. I then proceeded to buy another amp and since this service was so great I bought the warranty along with it. Hats off to you squaretrade, you saved the day."

modified review This review was modified by Svergara23 on November 14 2013 11:57:52 AM

SquareTrade is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

SquareTrade is not a merchant member
SquareTrade does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!