Stores > SquareTrade

Customer service: Rating 8.25/10 8.25/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.96/10 7.96/10

2016-06-27

HORRIBLE RIPOFF!!!

"What a waste of money!!! Too many hassles on the phone. I dropped my Droid Turbo today and the best they could do was send me a Samsung Galaxy S4. Aren't they supposed to give me a comparable phone? Sorry, but the S4 is a 1 1/2 years older, inferior screen size, inferior screen resolution, half the internal storage. I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!!! Then they said they could give me the name of a phone repair shop. Unfortunately, I have ZERO time during the day to jockey around to phone repair shops. Again.... RIPOFF and POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Better off Doing regular insurance through Verizon!"

This review was modified by Frankdank on June 28 2016 03:00:01 AM
Rep reply posted Jun-29-2016

A rep from SquareTrade, SquareTrade, has responded

“HI Frank, would you mind emailing us at socialhelps@squaretrade.com -- we'll look in to this for you. ^AP”

2016-06-16

Good value for the price

"I purchased this warranty when I bought my smart tv from Amazon. It was a three year extended warranty about to expire. Once my tv acted up, I remembered the warranty. I called squaretrade, talked to a technician. He diagnosed the problem, sent the parts, and sent the technician out to repair my tv. Everything is working great. "

This review was modified by JeffSW on June 16 2016 06:46:17 PM
Rep reply posted Jun-22-2016

A rep from SquareTrade, SquareTrade, has responded

“Good to hear! Glad you remember you were covered and got the TV working again :) Thanks for writing about your experience! ^AP”

2016-06-11

Perfectly and timely repair!

"Everything worked out well. While I was on vacation, the laptop was being repaired! When I came back, I received a notice on my front door from FedEx it had been delivered back, and I received it the next day. I am very pleased to tell you, I did not have to input any files I backed up. It works perfectly! Thanks so much for sending it back to me! "

This review was modified by spaang on June 11 2016 03:38:17 PM
Rep reply posted Jun-14-2016

A rep from SquareTrade, SquareTrade, has responded

“Thank you for posting your review. We appreciate the feedback and hope you had a great vacation! ^AP”

2016-06-01

Smooth

"I called to make a claim on a dive camera that leaked, expecting that even if I was reimbursed, it would not be worth the time and aggravation to make the claim. But, it was pleasant, quick, and successful. Absolute minimal problem. There were several emails to inform me of progress on the claim, then the check. The only inefficiency at all was they repeated one email, from a 2nd service person, apparently they had more than one person seeing to the claim."

This review was modified by H_rvey on June 01 2016 12:34:08 PM

A rep from SquareTrade, SquareTrade, has responded

“We have a few people who oversee that claims and see that customer service is met. Apologies for the duplicate email! Thank you for the feedback, it has been most helpful!”

2016-05-30

Stellar Customer Service from Two Agents

"I contacted SquareTrade regarding the broken sound board on my cell phone. My first agent was William Burg. He was courteous, funny and receptive. He even called me back after he reached the department with which he needed to communicate to follow up with me about the results. Several days later I needed to contact customer service again with additional questions and I spoke with Iman. What a pleasure to deal with someone who understood what i needed and sought out answers from her superior if she was uncertain of the detailed nature of my request. I purchased a new phone and added SquareTrade again, without reservation. Thanks for being customer service oriented. It is much noticed and appreciated."

This review was modified by pabbott63 on May 30 2016 05:08:25 PM

A rep from SquareTrade, SquareTrade, has responded

“Thank you for sharing your experience with us! It's always great to hear about the good stuff too. I'll send this review to the agents, they will be happy to read it! ^AP”

2016-05-30

"At the beginning of my claim being filed, the phone wait time was lengthly in trying to talk with a technician to whom I had been transferred. However, afer this part was completed, the representatives were helpful & began the replacement process. After a couple of weeks, & a couple of calls, it was found that the replacement tv had mistakenly been on backorder. When this was discovered, the representative apologized for the delay & quickly sent the refund of the price of the tv within a couple of days. I was very pleased with the process after the mistake was found & corrected, however the communication process is somewhat difficult as talking with a technician the 1st time was almost 2 hrs wait time, & the email process with updates is lacking. The representatives were very nice when I spoke with them, but the process of getting to speak with someone for help with a claim could use some improvement. "

This review was modified by tnclient on May 30 2016 05:52:47 AM

2016-05-27

Iphone takes a swim

"When my iphone took a swim over the weekend, I was able to reach a representative Saturday evening at 11pm to get the process started. Even though I had a prior claim that hadn't been closed (they hadn't received my receipt from a broken screen repair), they did as much as they seemingly could to get that expedited, then a reimbursement processed so that I could get my new claim going asap. It was an unusual situation, but the representatives were all nice and working hard to find a solution within their options. The manager even waived 1/2 of my deductible just because it was such a troublesome situation though that wasn't their fault. "

This review was modified by tinarivenbark on May 27 2016 06:46:51 AM

A rep from SquareTrade, SquareTrade, has responded

“Mistakes happen, we get it! Thanks for sharing your experience, we think it's important for people to know about the good stuff too! ^AP”

2016-05-27

Awesome, Wonderful, Unexpectedly Exceptional Service Experience!

"This is my 2nd Square Trade warranty, and the first I've had to make a claim on. It was for my laptop. Their representatives were helpful, polite and very friendly. They created a claim, sent a box for my laptop, kept me informed every day with emails stating the status, and most of all were very quick to get my computer back to me, fully repaired. I love this company and just bought another product and the Square Trade warranty, based on how wonderful and very easy they made this experience. I wish all customer service was this great. I highly recommend Square Trade to everyone who wishes to purchase a warranty to protect their products."

This review was modified by nlsteff on May 27 2016 05:50:02 AM

2016-05-26

Good Job as always!!!!

"The lady I spoke with was very professional and resolved my problem with great knowledge. It is the second time I have had to talk with your company, to separate problems and both times I was treated as if they felt I was important and resolved both problems with great accuracy and in a timely manner. Thank you for having great people with good knowledge of my TV. I did not interact with customer service but it would not let me mark Don"t know. I did not return or exchange anything but it would not let me mark Don't know again so both of those are marked with poor since it is the closest to Don't know. I do not have an invoice or order number so I cannot put one down. The order date I put down was the day that I was helped with technical support. "

This review was modified by antekesusan on May 26 2016 05:31:40 PM

A rep from SquareTrade, SquareTrade, has responded

“you are most welcome! Thanks for posting we very much appreciate the feedback:)”

2016-05-26

A SQUARE deal!

"Great service. No, wait....Amazing service! You don't even have to hold on the phone; they call you. They walked me through the whole process and everything was complete and I had a refund on it's way within hours! No joke, hours. I will NEVER buy anything without Square Trade!"

This review was modified by Twinpro on May 26 2016 04:59:18 PM

2016-05-21

TOTAL SCAM

"My brother and I have tried twice in five years to recover from a faulty product and found that this company { Square Trade } rejects claims even with store receipts stating product, date and the purchase of the extended warranty. I wish, better yet, I'm going to pass on my paperwork to Office Depot and challenge them to go back and forth with ( Square Trade } and have them say "We can't find this in our system" We even had their warranty confirmation number" They just wear- out people with their endless back and forth b.s. NOTHING SHORT - "TOTAL SCAM""

This review was modified by coneybb on May 21 2016 01:57:41 AM
Rep reply posted May-26-2016

A rep from SquareTrade, SquareTrade, has responded

“We're sorry to hear you are having such trouble with your claim. That's certainly not the impression we want to leave you with. Would you please email us at socialhelps@squaretrade.com with "ResellerRatings" in the subject line? We'd like to take another look! ^AP”

2016-05-17

Very disappointed in the claim process!

"Received a check after having sent my HP laptop in for repair three times-- unrepairable. I questioned the discount of the Costco coupon, as well as the nonpayment of tax. No they don't pay-- not really correct or fair in my opinion BUT in looking over their materials, I discovered that my first claim was in for servicing for more than five business, and they owed me back the warranty price. In asking about this, they denied the claim saying that the claim from July, 2015 is closed. Extremely dishonest in more ways than one-- they compared their service to an auto accident claim-- are there any claims that don't include tax or the cost of replacement? UNFAIR!"

This review was modified by janineswanson51 on May 17 2016 07:13:36 PM
Rep reply posted May-19-2016

“Hi Janine,

We saw your message on another site & reached out to you. We'd like to help. Please send an email to socialhelps@squaretrade.com.^BF”

2016-05-15

Unimpressive Service.

"I had trouble with a hard drive showing signs of failing hard drive on my Dell laptop. I check the smart check on the hard drive and it indicated that it was starting to fail in more than one area. I called squaretrade and waited and talk to someone. I explained that the hard drive was failing and he had no idea what I was talking about. He asked if he could put me on hold and decided that the wait was too long and that he said that he wasn't sure what I was telling him. He said to send it in the box squaretrade would send me. I told him that I would send the hard drive in but not the laptop since there was nothing else wrong with it. I told him all I wanted was a replacement hard drive and I would install it myself. I am a pc technician that repairs and builds computers.
I do not need someone else to verify what I test and see. I offered to send my hard drive in since I agreed that there was something wrong with it. He said that he couldn't do that. I told him that it wasn't acceptable to send in a working laptop. He told me he was canceling the claim and was in a hurry to get me off the phone. I quote from the squaretrade website for Dell laptops. "What does a SquareTrade plan cover? Hard Drive Failure If your hard drive fails, we’ll replace it for you." Squaretrade is not replacing my failing hard drive like I was lead to believe. I either want squaretrade to honor the warranty and replace the hard drive or refund the warranty in full.

I also had to call in numerous times to get a warranty claim for my chair that arm snapped clean in two. I was hung up on once and second time I was lied to on when I should get my arbitration forms. The third time I called in because I didn't get it them and was told he showed no record of it. I spent over 2 hours of my time for this issue. Luckily I did get a check which I was finally promised at the end.

This leads me to believe squaretrade does not have a standard in which they follow and that they are trained to lie unless the customer calls in repeatedly. I file a bbb complaint but didn't hear back. I think the next step will be to seek legal aid for breach of contract.

Update: I talked to Brittany on the phone and talked about different solutions while she talked to her team. I was offered to either take it in locally to be checked and replaced or send in the whole laptop again. I said never were really a solution since I knew it was a hard drive issue. I did agree to send the hard drive in for them to check at the repair shop. She went back to her team and talk to them. I was then told I could buy a hard drive and install it myself. I was told to give them a copy of the invoice and they would reimburse me for it. However nobody has told me where or how to submit it. My hard drive is now almost completely failed and I still have no clue what them want to do.

tl;dr stay away from squaretrade.

This review was modified by B0LTZ on May 18 2016 10:46:19 PM
Rep reply posted May-16-2016

“Hi Derek,

Thanks for speaking with me today.
As we discussed we will make an exception to reimburse you once we receive your invoice. Thanks again for allowing me to resolve this to your satisfaction.^BF”

2016-05-10

Left hand does not know what the right hand is doing!

" I had a clam with Square Trade with an I Phone 6 that was damaged. For unknown reasons beyond my control I could not process the clam on line, in turn I had to call "customer service" or in my case the lack of it. First when I called multi able times the calls go to Pakistan with operator names like Kevin, Bob and Heather...really? I don't think that's their given birth name but that's beside the point. The problem is they do not have a clue what's going on. Fist they told me to go to the Apple store...that's great but the closets Apple store is four hours one way after explaining to them that will not work for me.They agreed to send a phone to me that's great...but it was the wrong phone. I had a Space Grey with black face I was sent a silver with white face. Once I received incorrect phone I called again talking to "Bob" in Pakistan. He tells me to activate the phone and use it and they would send me out the correct phone. I knew not to do that so asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor told me to send both phones back my broke phone and the new replacement that was not the correct phone oh and the supervisor said" If you read the agreement with Square Trade it has language that they will replace close to what you had" That's like your auto insurances company saying after a accident yes your car is red but we got a great deal on blue paint so we are going to have the body shop paint your car blue. I guess I should of had a lawyer read over my agreement with Square Trade but if I could afford to do that I would not worry about insurance on a phone. So after waiting for my second replacement phone Square Trade charges me 500.00 for not sending the broken phone to them. I called back and finally got a lady in the USA that after about an hour she sent me the proper phone and I sent the broken phone back. I have not been credited my 500.00 yet. I'll wait and see what happens. I am not very happy with Square Trade. Does Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and Glen Beck know what they are really advertising?

This review was modified by Seaydog on May 10 2016 11:55:03 AM
Rep reply posted May-12-2016

A rep from SquareTrade, SquareTrade, has responded

“Thanks for speaking with me to resolve your concerns & turn your experience around. We appreciate your business and value you as a customer.^BF”

2016-05-05

Very Poor Communication!

"I have been a loyal customer of Square Trade Warranty and my last claim they failed me badly. I did not find out a solution to what happened to my item until the 16th phone call. They used Amazon.com to ship replacement items and that was never communicated to me until the 16th call and after speaking to 7 different representatives. 7 hours and I finally got an answer to my call. This is unacceptable! If they use a 3rd party shipper this should be communicated to the customer. I had 2 headsets that went out at the same time. I bought one from Ebay and the other from Plantronics. I assumed the one that was shipped by Amazon was from Plantronics as per my conversation to them.

Here I am wasted 2 months calling Square Trade to find out what the heck happened to my claim. It just said pending and then I was told they shipped it. I questioned them on several calls letting them know I never received it. This was back on 3/15/2016 and finally today 5/5/2016 they tell me they used Amazon. Good grief they should of told me that from the jump! Now I have to deal with Plantronics to find out about the other missing headset. Jeez!!!

This review was modified by MarieR2016 on May 05 2016 10:55:53 AM
Rep reply posted May-09-2016

“Hi Marie,

We saw your post previously & I requested for you to reach out to us. Please email us when you can. We'd like to help.^BF”

Share SquareTrade's store rating

SquareTrade is a Merchant Member! Learn more

SquareTrade is a merchant member
SquareTrade participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,558 merchant members.