Stores > SquareTrade

Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.59/10 6.59/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.64/10 6.64/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.01/10 7.01/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.41/10 6.41/10
Voice your opinion! Review SquareTrade by clicking a star below.
2017-04-21

Samsung 75" TV

"I purchased the Square Trade extended warranty with my TV. The TV developed a problem after 3 years. I called Square Trade and the consultant was very helpful. He walked me through a few steps to review the issue. He then arranged for the necessary pars to be sent to my home and for a technician to complete the repair. The technician was excellent, on time, and the replacement parts cured the problem. All very satisfactory and I would highly recommend Square Trade. "

2017-04-20

Squaretrade lost my hard drive and is refusing to replace it.

"I bought a warranty on my laptop. It was deemed non repairable and I was promised by several customer service representatives both over the phone and in email that my hard drive would be taken out of the laptop and returned to me so that I could salvage my data.

They lost the hard drive, and while my data is lost forever, they also refuse to make any sort of restitution for still owing me a hard drive. Poor customer service all the way around, it basically take me 25 hours over two months to get screwed over by Squaretrade. I have nearly two dozen warranties through them and I'm currently in the process of canceling all of them.

Rep reply posted Apr-20-2017

“Hello,

Our depots normally will automatically ship your hard drive back to you once a device has been deemed unrepairable. I can definitely understand being upset at the loss of your data. I would love the opportunity to turn this experience around for you if possible, however there is no claim or warranty info listed in your post. Would you mind emailing me at socialhelps@squaretrade.com? If you will include your claim or warranty information that would be greatly appreciated.

MQ ”

2017-04-20

Laptop repair taking forever

"I have sent my laptop for repair under the extended warranty I purchased from SquareTrade. The hing on the laptop was broken. They received the laptop at their repair facility on March 20, 2017. As of yesterday, April 19, the laptop has not been repaired and they keep telling me that they are waiting for parts. Today, I received a message "We've finished the initial assessment of your claim and determined that your item should be able to be repaired under your warranty agreement by a local technician". What does that really mean?
I've been without my laptop for over a month and it is very frustrating. If the laptop can't be repaired within this time frame then SquareTrade should refund the purchase price of the device.
Update: The claim has been resolved to my satisfaction. Thank you squareTrade.

Rep reply posted Apr-20-2017

A rep from SquareTrade, SquareTrade, has responded

“Thank you for providing this feedback. Our warranties do have several available options the first will always be a repair. Depending on your model and brand we may have to request parts, this could cause a delay. We should have advised you of what was needed and when it would arrive. If there were any additional delay's we should have continued to keep you apprised. We do have a service guarantee which it sounds like we have severely exceeded. I was able to look at your claim it has been moved to a resolution, however we have been unable to contact you by phone to advised you of the update. If you would you please email me at socialhelps@squaretrade.com. I can definitely provide you an update and answer any additional questions you may have.

2017-04-19

They do not honor warranty on used items as they claim

"Claim Number

They do not honor warranty on used items. After much hassle, numerous phone calls and emails they claim they will not honor my warranty YET they sell warranty on used items online via ebay, amazon, etc. THEY SELL LIES

REGARDING YOUR REPLY: So basically you pick and choose what you would like to honor or not. That's what you are saying. Thanks for wasting my time

Rep reply posted Apr-21-2017

“Hello,

We are happy to honor valid warranties purchased from authorized retailers on used devices. Our website does say " While most SquareTrade Protection Plans only cover new items, there are used or refurbished items that we do cover. Some certified refurbished items purchased "only" at select SquareTrade retail partners can be covered if a refurbished SquareTrade warranty is also purchased from the same retailer". If you purchase a warranty from our website it does say " Coverage only available for new devices purchased in the last 30 days". If you purchase a new warranty for a used device this warranty will not be valid. We are an extension of the manufacturers warranty that all new devices come with, in most cases the warranty on a used device will have expired making it impossible to extended it. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to email me at socialhelps@squaretrade.com.

2017-04-18

Square trade took care of my problem

"After almost the end of coverage, my broken labtop was repaired like new. Shiping was easy. Returned in 4-5 days by Fedex. Thanks Squaretrade!!"

2017-04-17

Excellent

"Television quit working on Monday and on Wednesday a tech was here and found an item that couldn't be repaired. He called Square Trade and in 2 hours I got an email stating what they would do for us. They followed through with emails and in 1 more day a brand new television comparable to what we have is on its way. This was the easiest warranty program we have ever worked with. "

2017-04-14

Square Trade Review

"I would rate this an okay experience. I was able to get my charger replaced with my two year warranty. However, I did not know when my charger was coming or received an email for when it would be shipped out let alone I was not told my tracking shipping number. Disorganization not a fan of, but thankfully the people that I called for my claimed helped me. But be on top of your emails for shopping a product out please "

Rep reply posted Apr-21-2017

“Hello,

Normally with any device we ship out we can get tracking information. However, based on the claim number you listed I show that you were still under manufacturers warranty. If they shipped out a new device for you, we would not have access to their system to provide tracking info. If by chance the claim number is incorrect I would be happy to research the correct one. Would you mind emailing me at socialhelps@squaretrade.com? Please include your account info and I will follow up with you.

2017-04-12

They say one thing and do another.

"Well I want to know why they sell Warnty in my area but no one to fix it. I am done with them and Sam's. "

Rep reply posted Apr-12-2017

“Hello,

I took a look at your claim to see how I could help with your issues. We want to offer our warranties to anyone that would benefit from our service. We may not know if technicians or repair shops will be available based on your area. However, we do have the flexibility to adapt and provide other options in that case. Looking at your claim I do show once we determined that a technician was not available; we immediately moved to a better resolution for you. If you have any other concerns or questions please feel free to email me at socialhelps@squaretrade.com

MQ ”

2017-04-12

Not as great as you think it is

"I purchased Squaretrade through Costco when I purchased my Samsung S5 nearly two years ago. I've never had to file a claim until recently. I first contacted them nearly a month ago to complain the my cell was not holding a charge and my cell continues to freeze. I spoke to a technician who tried to trouble shoot the problem. He said he would send me some instructions on possibly repairing my cell. I never received the email, I was preoccupied with other issues and sort of forgot about the issues with my cell phone. The problems with my cell did not go away, in fact, they increased. I contacted Squaretrade again via the online website and created a new trouble report. I received an email from Squaretrade instructing me to drop off my cell to a local repair shop. This, I was not willing to do. I purchased a plan that I thought would offer convenience to the customer. This was not a viable solution. I logged into the Squaretrade webpage late on a Sunday night (4/9/17). They do not have a direct phone line after hours. I had to provide a callback number. They returned my call within minutes. Calls are transferred to India afterhours. The representative was very polite. I provided the trouble ticket number and expressed why I was not willing to inconvenience myself to take my cell to be repaired. The agent suggested I mail my cell to them to be repaired. Again I declined and asked for a replacement cell phone. The agent was argumentative and refused to let me speak to a supervisor. I pleaded for a supervisor, he placed me on hold (eternal hold), I listened to music on hold for approximately seven minutes, than the line went dead. I realized the call had been disconnected. At this point, I was incensed. This confirmed by belief that they cared less about me or the issues I was having with my cell phone. This is very poor customer service. I again logged on the website to provide my callback number. Again the call was returned very quickly. I informed the representative that I would not repeat myself regarding the issues I was experiencing with my cell phone, but referred to my ticket number. I immediately requested to speak to a Supervisor. The rep was very polite, he placed me on hold and Shane the floor supervisor spoke to me. I explained the issues I was having with my cell phone. He was very apologetic. He also suggested I take my cell phone to a local vendor for repairs. I explained that I purchased Squaretrade so that I would not have to do this. I had to debate with him as to why I was not willing to do this. I asked that a replacement cell phone be mailed to me. He stated that this "one time", he would do this. I was charged $50 for the replacement fee and a $750 whole was also placed on my credit card until I returned the defective cell phone. I received the phone two days later (4/11/17). I had expected to receive the entire phone. What I did get was the top part of the phone. My cell phone was not holding a charge, I had expected to at least get a new battery. Nope....this was not included. I had to remove the bottom of my cell phone, the battery and SD card and place this inside the top part of the replacement cell phone. I called Squaretrade the same day, this time during business hours and spoke to an agent who was very polite. She apologized for the mistake and said a battery would be mailed to me within five to seven business days. I'll have to see how that goes. My husband had dropped his cell phone (Note 5), so I handed him my phone to report his problem. Although the agent was very helpful and polite. She questioned him about the damage to his cell phone. He explained that the back of his cell phone was glass and it was shattered. She said they would not cover this. My husband was a little perplexed and exclaimed that Squaretrade covers accidental damage, and that this was an accident. She said they did not cover cosmetic repairs, this issue affected the camera on his cell. She suggested my husband take his cell phone to a local repair shop to be repaired or send to them for repairs. Please keep in mind, my husband would be responsible for full payment of repairs. No guarantee that this would work. Once the vendor either repaired or was unable to repair the cell phone, they would deduct the $50 deductible and reimburse my husband what he paid for repairs. My husband expressed that he too would prefer they mail him a replacement phone. He stated he purchased Squaretrade so that he would not incur the inconvenience of going to a repair shop. Squaretrade was to be a convenient and inexpensive solution. She agreed to mail him a replacement cell phone. The cost, $50 fee and a hold on his credit card for $750. My husband and I have both decided that Squaretrade is not for us. We will go back to Assurant. They are a warranty company like Squaretrade, but without the hassle and they also offer a $50 replacement fee. They will replace a lost or stolen phone, where Squaretrade will not. "

2017-04-11

Computer WIFI problem

"After talking to you tech, I found out that my Dell Computer WIFI Card only works up to 15 feet. I did some research to extend this and bought a Linksys AC 1200 WIFI Boost Extender and with this, I can use my computer in other rooms now."

2017-04-10

Phone replacement

"Very professional and easy to deal with."

Review

"At first, it felt like they were trying to get out of paying for the repair. In the end, they paid for part and repair. It was completed timely and would use again. "

Repair of Paper Shredder

"Service was quick and professionally done. Shipped on a Friday and received the repaired shredder on Friday of following week even though there was an attempted delivery on Thursday. Which that is the only problem I had. Understand probably why it was shipped with a signature required but it delayed the delivery by a day because no one was at home at the time of the first attempted delivery."

Great experience

"One phone call is all it took! Few days later check was in the mail. "

Excellent

"This is our first time ordering through Square Trade, the first mega boom we bought we had problems with we sent this back the next day we got a new one they sent us great people to work with we are very satisfied."

Share SquareTrade's store rating

SquareTrade is a Merchant Member! Learn more

SquareTrade is a merchant member
SquareTrade participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,416 merchant members.