• Address: 575 Market Street, 10th Floor San Francisco, CA
    • Contact: http://warranty.squaretrade.com/buyercenter/contac
    • Phone: 1-877-WARRANTY
    • Customer Support: 1-877-WARRANTY
    • Business Hours: Support: 24 hours, 7 days a week. Claims: 6am-5pm PST, Mon-Fri.
    • Fax: 415-541-1001

Product & services pricing Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.79/10 1.79/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.21/10 2.21/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.75/10 1.75/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.39/10 1.39/10

"DO NOT BUY THIS BULL****!

I purchased a warranty for electrical problems, a month later I had some. But since I also dropped my phone (LONG AFTER THE ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS), and cracked the corner of my screen they refused to fix the plethora of electrical problems. Do not waste your money with them.

"What an awful company. Terrible customer service, they waste your time and delay honoring the warranty. After those problems they charge your credit card and misplace your phone for 2 weeks. Next when they finally find your phone, they won't debit your credit card. I'm on my third phone call after receiving an e-mail stating that they have my phone. I have been on hold for 20 minutes as she takes of it. What a scam!"

"I had a TMAX 9" HD Tablet stepped on by grandbaby, and I called them after trying on line to do claims. The people helped me out and I got my warrant monies refunded with in the 2 week period they promised! Thanks

ps
I used them on my Dell 23in all in one as well!

"i purchase a phone from Amazon and SquareTrade offer me the warranty so i fell for it 8 months later my phone got an accident ST send me and post envelope and they say will fix the phone for me it is been more than 3 weeks and still do not have my cell phone ST keep telling the orders have not arrive yet so i have to go to the store and buy another phone to used i send my phone on 08/05/14 and today is 08/29/14 ST will not pay me the money so i have to be without my phone for more day how many ? i do not know so do not fell for it ST (square trade) it is a rip off "

"AVOID!!!! THIS IS A SCAM COMPANY!!! Deceptive business.
I bought 3 year policy for my daughter laptop. The screen detached after a year and they supposed to fix within 5 days it OR refund the item cost. The tech support and service is somewhere in Asia ( India?), hard to reach and absolutely not helpful. I tried to get a refund since the service was not completed, I was told that they refund only insurance cost NOT the item cost. Several phone calls later speaking with manager they still denied to refund item cost. I will contact every business bureau in every state they have business as well as Amazon about the way they are doing business. A month later still no laptop.

modified review This review was modified by grigoren on August 20 2014 03:11:53 PM

"Yeah just called and talked to Clay at SquareTrade. Had a replacement phone sent to us in March, 2014. It was refurbished and we had 30 days to call them if any issues. Our policy expired on 7/28/14. So the phone they sent us in March has a hardware malfunction (according to Apple store). No recourse for us now. If we called 3 weeks ago could have gotten new (or refurbished) phone from them. So the phone they sent us has a hardware issue after what 7 months and they will not stand behind the phone they sent out. If you have a warranty from these guys make sure they send you a new phone and if they do not call right before the warranty ends and get another one. It is a shame you have to do this. All the time dealing with an overseas call center."

modified review This review was modified by Maps52 on August 20 2014 11:52:24 AM

"Filed a claim online on Wednesday. and they told me I need to call during business hours. i called Thur 8am and the man with an accent tells me claim is approved and I will get a replacement overnight. Friday 6pm no phone and i call. the other person with an accent told me I will get it Sat. On Sat, no phone. I call and get an American person. For the first time the person on the phone seems to know what he is doing. He explained they were missing a lot of info and I gave it to him. He says now my claim is complete and I will get a replacement on tuesday. That's almost a whole week. I am very dissapointed. "

modified review This review was modified by rafirondon2 on August 16 2014 11:11:32 AM

"I have called Squaretrade several times over the past few weeks with questions regarding my existing plans, signing up for new plans and just help in general. They have always provided great support. Just recently I spent 15 minutes on the phone with Jerry. I was having trouble getting the discounted $5/mo plan for my phone, he helped me set up the new plan and answered all my questions perfectly. We talked a little about his company, line of work, etc while he was inputting my information. He was extremely friendly, respectful and interesting. I am completely sold on protecting my valuable electronics with Squaretrade."

modified review This review was modified by yannicks on August 14 2014 03:02:03 PM

"BEWARE
My phone died and because of family issues I could not go without one for even a day. I did the logical (and only) thing and purchased a new phone immediately then submitted the claim to Square Trade. They would not honor my claim to reimburse the money I paid for the phone. Their ONLY option was to send me a new phone which I don't need. I am out $149.99 and very angry at Square Trade! Don't waste your money here.

"filed a claim on 7/1, took my phone to the Apple Store, sent in my receipt and the money was in my account within 24 hours. Talk about great service!!"

modified review This review was modified by shopr584 on August 01 2014 10:01:19 AM

"Four contracts with them. Number 4 needed service. A claim was filed on the Square Trade website for a mechanical breakdown. The website denied the claim indicating that damage is not covered. A 30 minute wait for a phone rep resulted in me being ask to buy or locate another part to be sure the problem is a problem. All response from square trade was to put off the service rather than provide what I paid for. All four contracts were cancelled. Stay far away from this company. I've been in the insurance business over 20 years and that is not how it works."

"Bought a HTC One X+ on Ebay for $270.00 and i bought the warranty with it because i know that phones have problems so i got it just in case. Soon after my battery began to die quicker that usual. i called them and made a claim. i sent my phone in and 8 days went by without a word from the company. i called in today to find out whats taking so long and after being on hold for about 20 minutes they told me that my phone has water damage in it and its not covered on the warranty so they are going to send it back. SERIOUSLY? "

modified review This review was modified by coreynovo on July 29 2014 12:58:46 PM

"SCAM!!!! Called, they kept transferring me, I think I've been to every province in India and still my headphones are broken. I don't have FORTY #$%#$%#$ING MINUTES to waste every time I call these morons."

modified review This review was modified by edwardtilbury on July 22 2014 07:26:18 PM

"Bought a phone with a warranty through Costco thinking that it was a good deal. I dropped the phone in water on 7/6/14. The customer service rep said I would have a new phone by 7/8/14. I called on 7/9/14. The rep said that there was a glitch in the system, but my phone would be here one 7/10/14. I called them late in the day on 7/10/14 to check status. Oh I'm sorry, but that phone was out of stock. It is in stock now. Phone arrived on 7/11. Put the phone in a case (the same case that I have had for 8 months with no issues). I dropped the phone while getting out of the car on 7/15. It was my fault. Entirely. I called back and they shipped me a new phone on 7/16. I was thinking, okay. Maybe my last experience was a fluke. The microphone on the replacement phone doesn't work. I will be getting a new phone in FOUR DAYS. (Maybe) Worst customer service I had ever had. Ever. Stay away from this company."

modified review This review was modified by jeffrunningman on July 18 2014 01:51:30 PM

"Horrible customer service... spoke with Anna at extension 1851. She promised me the world and I knew once I got off the phone with her that would be the end of that and it was. I bought a two year service plan on a printer / copier and I sent in all my paperwork they requested, now no one is getting back to me with information as to what to do next. I sent a couple of emails, left voice mail messages, I am on the phone now trying to get in contact with a human being... absolutely horrible. I would be better off spending another $80 and getting another printer than $20 for a stupid protection plan that is absolutely a waste of time, resources and money. I can't say this enough... SCAM SCAM SCAM!!! "

modified review This review was modified by DJjohn12 on July 16 2014 07:10:19 AM

SquareTrade is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

SquareTrade is not a merchant member
SquareTrade does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!