Stores > SquareTrade

Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.79/10 6.79/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.85/10 6.85/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.12/10 7.12/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.56/10 5.56/10
Voice your opinion! Review SquareTrade by clicking a star below.
2017-03-28

Excellent Service

"I called to have our tv repaired. The customer service was great, the parts arrived very fast and the technician showed up the day we were scheduled to have the repair. He didnt show up during the original scheduled time, but it worked out better to have him come later in the day. The tech was friendly and polite, he repaired our tv and so far it`s working great. I would highly recommend having square trade for warranty coverage. "

This review was modified by busbee312 on March 30 2017 09:15:02 AM

2017-03-28

Great protection at a fair price

"I was most unhappy when my Vzio TV went out. After some very good diagnostic work over the phone, I was assigned a technician who came promptly to my house, and replaced some circuit boards. Unfortunately the circuit boards did not resolve the problem, and SquareTrade authorized a new replacement TV. Thank goodness I purchased this warranty!"

This review was modified by Tom B-32639 on March 30 2017 07:30:01 AM

2017-03-27

Appreciate the outstanding service!

"Excellent from start to finish, I highly recommend SQUARE TRADE !"

This review was modified by MaxieLou on March 29 2017 06:30:02 PM

2017-03-25

Excellent service

"Received the check in a timely manner."

This review was modified by DarkGraySalmon on March 28 2017 12:01:41 AM

2017-03-25

3 months

"It took over 3 months for square trad to address my claim. Had to call and ask for status of my claim. The rep was very apologetic and e-mailed a return label to me immediately. But, after they received the phone, it only took 4 days for me to receive the check. Very happy with that part of my experience.

This review was modified by PaleCornflowerBluePrawn on March 28 2017 12:01:36 AM

2017-03-20

A warranty we whole heartedly recommend!

"We've purchased extended warranties on various appliances for many years. This is the first time we purchased one on a TV. From the first phone call to the last, we received great care from the representatives and technicians sent to our home for repairs. When it was determined that our 50" flat screen was not repairable, we were notified that Square Trade was replacing it with a brand new TV, and that the they had researched with companies like Consumer Reports and CNET to determine the TV that not only matched the specs of our old one, but was the best-rated similar TV in it's class. "

This review was modified by davenjanf on March 22 2017 10:30:01 PM

did a good job

"Impressed with the way they handled the claim"

This review was modified by dsearle-76175 on March 22 2017 08:30:01 PM

Terrific

"It was a pleasent experence at a difficult time"

This review was modified by rockman57 on March 22 2017 02:15:02 PM

2017-03-20

"Got a form to fill out. Did so. Haven't heard from since."

This review was modified by babe01010 on March 30 2017 07:29:35 AM
Rep reply posted Mar-30-2017

Hi Babe01010,

Thanks for contacting Squaretrade. I was concerned when I read your post. I wanted to take a look at your claim to see what was happening. I found the document that you are referencing. It does show received and completed. I also show a follow up email sent to you advising that we received it and that your claim was processing to completion. I also show an email after that confirming your address and the ultimate resolution. It does show your issue completely resolved. If you have any additional questions or concerns please email me at Socialhelps@squaretrade.com.

Thanks,

Great customer service!!!

"My claim was handled promptly with great communication. My computer was beyond repair and SquareTrade promptly reimbursed me."

This review was modified by saherman713 on March 22 2017 08:15:02 AM

2017-03-20

"I wasn't able to get my money back"

This review was modified by miriamdeniger on March 22 2017 06:45:01 AM
Rep reply posted Mar-21-2017

“Hello Miriandeniger,

I really wanted to know why you were not able to get your money back. So I looked into your claim to see how I could help. However, it looks like you were attempting to return your device to the retailer but were unable to. You then filed a claim with us on a working device. Your warranty of course covers you for electrical or mechanical failure. So there would be no option for us to assist you on a working device. I do show you requested to cancel the warranty which we have done. That would be the only option available to us as an extended warranty. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to email me at socialhelps@squaretrade.com.

2017-03-19

"Approved for repair" doesn't mean they'll pay for it

"The customer service rep approved my claim for repair and told me to have it repaired at a local shop then submit my receipt for reimbursement. There were no conversations about what would or wouldn't be covered. I submitted my receipt and then received an email saying my (approximately $250) claim was being rejected because "software" issues were not covered. I spoke to a customer service representative who told me that it was very clear in my contract/agreement that software wasn't covered. They refused to budge. The sad thing is that if I would have accidentally dropped my laptop on the sidewalk and it was completely broken, they would have paid for a new computer. "

This review was modified by smithfam91 on March 21 2017 08:15:01 AM
Rep reply posted Mar-20-2017

“Hello Smithfam91,

I can definitely understand how frustrating it would be to expect an reimbursement and then be denied. However, the first line of your warranty contract does read "Congratulations on purchasing this Protection Plan. Please read these terms and conditions carefully so that you fully understand your coverage". It then goes on to say what you are covered for "This Protection Plan will cover mechanical or electrical failure of the following Covered Product(s)", which means if you have an issue with with the device itself that may be covered. Software is a consumer preference, which is why it is not something covered for any device under warranty at Squaretrade. We do try to be flexible, so even though we could not cover all of your expenses, we did cover the diagnostic charges. Your warranty of course continues, so you will still be covered for any future hardware issues. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to email me at socialhelps@squaretrade.com.

Thanks,

no satisfaction

"paying for warranty and consumer cellular and square trade can't make up there mind who
mussed up.

This review was modified by ronsteth on March 21 2017 06:30:02 AM

Square Trade You ROCK!

"I had to call to submit my claim by phone and both times each agent was very helpful and solved all issues for the call. I am very pleased with Square Trade and their warranty program. I highly recommend this warranty progam.

This review was modified by vickie_marks on March 21 2017 04:45:01 AM

2017-03-18

Vacuum warranty

"Worth the investment....though would have preferred a replacement!"

This review was modified by montanacurt on March 21 2017 12:30:09 AM

Share SquareTrade's store rating

SquareTrade is a Merchant Member! Learn more

SquareTrade is a merchant member
SquareTrade participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,429 merchant members.