• SquareTrade SquareTrade Elite Status

Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.15/10 9.15/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.13/10 9.13/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.99/10 8.99/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.08/10 9.08/10

"Nothing but a run around! First time I asked for a replaced phone because my software was acting faulty, they told me that I should completely wipe the phone to factory settings. I told them I did not want to do that, that was the furthest they helped. I left it alone and just dealt with the faulty software glitches. Recently, I dropped the phone and cracked the screen. I put in another claim, thinking that THIS TIME, they would get it right and actually help me since I paid for the insurance. NOPE. I went online to place the claim, they approved me for a local repair. They provided me a list of stores that could do the work. I choose one and went on a wild goose chase. I looked for the place for over 2 hours. I walked to about 10 different businesses in the area and NONE of them had even heard of a phone repair shop in the immediate area. I then called SquareTrade to let them know about the incorrect information. The agent on the phone was patient with me and gave me a second and third address to visit. I went to the one within walking distance and it was still open, closing in an hour. When I got there, the place was not only closed but OUT OF BUSINESS! I talked to the neighbors and it had been closed for over 5 months. How SquareTrade has earned "#1 rated phone insurance" escapes me because they have been nothing but thorns in my side and a headache to deal with. At this moment, I am still on hold to talk to another human, I still have a shattered screen, and no solution in sight to fix this problem."

modified review Rep reply posted May-19-2015

SquareTrade, SquareTrade rep has responded

“I'm very sorry to hear about your initial experience with the software issue. Our warranties do not typically cover software issues, however, our specialists are trained to offer troubleshooting solutions that could potentially resolve your issues quickly to avoid you having to be without your phone.

With you being directed to a shop that is no longer in business is not acceptable and will be addressed with the appropriate people. As for now, I found you in our system and will have Paloma from our Resolutions team reach out to provide with immediate assistance.

Thank you for your patience, we'll be in touch shortly!

Best regards,
Joseph A
SquareTrade”

"SquareTrade is absolutely awesome! The customer service was friendly, the steps I took to get my problem resolved were incredibly simple, and the speed it took to process was impressively fast. I will most definitely continue to cover my products with a SquareTrade warranty from now on so that I will be confident that my items are protected! "

"They were so fast and easy to work with. I got my phone fixed the same day, and had been reimbursed within a week (had check mailed to me) They were great!"

"Extremely quick turn around and payment. Had an iPhone 5c screen replaced, emailed receipt on Saturday, and refund went into account on Sunday. No questions asked. Perfect service."

"This is the 2nd claim i've made since I purchase the warranty from Square Trade!

Square Trade is an awesome company who provides the best customer service and NO excuses! Protect your device with Square Trade warranty, peace of mind !

"No hassle, timely service! Square trade was simply awesome, and totally worth my money.

My Canon Pixma MX 922 broke down after 13 months, right after the manufacturer warranty expired. With Square trade's quick refund (Amazon gift card) I purchased another Pixma.

Thanks Square trade!

"SquareTrade was very informative and helpful in the process of getting a replacement phone and turning in the receipt to get a refund. There service makes me feel confident that I made the right choice in choosing SquareTrade for my protection. "

"I sent my tablet on Monday and they had it repaired and back in my hands the following Friday. They received it and repaired it in one day! I was worried that it was not fixed (the power button would only work one time out of fifty), but it was perfect. I am amazed they were so quick. This is the first time I have ever sent anything in and had it repaired and returned in such a short time. I will always be purchasing Square Trade Warranties with any electronic item I purchase off of Amazon in the future! I could not be happier!"

"as I was explaining the failure of the chair in that the weld broke the rep cut me of and yelled that "there is no weld and that if there were a weld I would not have able to assemble the chair". I explained to her in the same tone that there was a weld and it broke and I offered to email her a pic of the failure. she hung up. I called back and got a robo-Indian with a suspicious american sounding name (DAVE or STEVE) and after much back and forth I called back a third time and got another Indian named ALEX who was clearly irritated by my irritation but he stuck it out and 10 days later I got a refund. I tried to speak to ALEX about a different claim but said one at a time and that I would have to call back. I haven't called and may never."

"I called SquareTrade about repairing my iPad, sent all required information, then received no response. When I called back and emailed a few times but still no response. I finally got someone who knew how to find the repair order and found out that no one was working my repair order. Once a new person was assigned, everything went very smoothly. My iPad is now finally repaired and on the way back to me."

"Square trade took care of me, it took a little longer than I would have liked, and most of the time it was me reaching out to them instead of them reaching out to me during the process. Overall I am satisfied with the value given by squaretrade. If it were the same price as other device insurances I would not be happy."

"I stepped on my phone and broke it. I called Square Trade. They created a shipping label for me and sent it to my email address. I printed out the label and went to Fed Ex, with the pre-paid shipping label. and sent my phone to Square trade on the 12th, Square Trade received my phone & repaired it, (its just like new), Fed ex-d delivered my phone to me on the 15th. Wow. talk about excellent customer service. Much better than my AT&T warranty which has a $200 deductible. I want square trade for all my electronic devices. Thanks Square Trade, you are the best. YOUR ROCK. I use my phone for business purposes and you expeditious service saved me hundreds- because as you know time is money. "

"Square Trade offers a warranty service that is essential to technology ownership. Their customer service people are personable. Shipping is a breeze and I got my tablet back, repaired better than new, in less than a week. They even replaced my charging cord without being asked. I will add a Square Trade Warranty for all of my future technology purchases."

"My experience over the phone with the Square Trade customer service representative was exceptional.
From the start my my call was answered quickly with no long hold time, even on Saturday. He was personable, professional, and knowledgeable. Needless to say, I was more than pleased with the overall experience.

"Bought a new laptop nearly 3 years ago, at same time purchase 3 year warranty from Square trade. Recent trouble with my laptop contacted Square Trade. They arrange collection from my home on Friday and returned, the an all singing and dancing laptop, truly amazing. More work was carried out than I had suggested, including a though clean inside the machine. I am so pleased with the whole service Square Trade has given me and would use it again for further electoral purchases, plus recommend to anyone looking for warranty."

Share SquareTrade's store rating

SquareTrade is a Merchant Member! Learn more

SquareTrade is a merchant member
SquareTrade participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,836 merchant members.