Stores > SquareTrade

Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.42/10 7.42/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.72/10 7.72/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.59/10 7.59/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.52/10 7.52/10
Voice your opinion! Review SquareTrade by clicking a star below.

Forget about it

"I purchased an unlocked Samsung Note 4 from Ebay a year and a half ago. Square Trade popped up as a warrantee option. I signed up. Last Fall, my phone started malfunctioning (ATT Service). I took it to a store and they determined that my "proximity sensor" was faulty. This means that, after you dial and put the phone to your ear, the screen goes blank to save battery power. When you take your phone away from your ear, like to put in numbers for an automated answering system, the phone screen automatically comes back up. Mine stayed blank. So I would push the home button to wake up the screen, getting the number pad back. The screen would come on, then turn off again before I could hit a number. It would play "hide-n-seek" with me. Many times the automated attendant would hang up on me since I didn't respond with a choice.

Then I called Square Trade. After going through its laborious automated attendant, I got a tech person. This person told me to set the phone back to its original settings. Take out the battery and wipe everything out. Then restart it. I backed up my data and did this. It didn't work. So I called back again through the system and was told that I would need to send the phone to Square Trade for repairs. Square Trade provided a shipping label and promised to get the phone back to me within 3 days.

The phone arrives, and it still doesn't work. I had enclosed instructions regarding EXACTLY what was wrong with the phone. So I called Square Trade again. The tech person made me wait on the phone, then told me to send the phone back to them a second time. Now I was pissed. But I did it. I couldn't stand using the phone. I enclosed a second letter explaining EXACTLY what the phone did wrong and told them if they couldn't fix it properly, DON'T SEND IT BACK!

I was cautiously hopeful when the boxed arrived the second time. Nope. The proximity sensor still malfunctioned! What kind of idiotic, useless, incompetent service is this! So I went back through the draconian automated attendant and got an agent. At this point I was sure they would replace the phone. But no! Square Trade doesn't replace "unlocked" cell phones! All they would do is offer to repair it again!

Are you kidding me!!! So be forewarned - if you purchase an unlocked cell phone, DO NOT buy Square Trade coverage.

Rep reply posted Jul-20-2017

A rep from SquareTrade, SquareTrade, has responded

“Hello Rumpity,

Sounds like we have completely dropped the ball with your claim. We do guarantee our repairs and its not unusual for us to have you send a device back in, however based on your issues this definitely was not the correct resolution. I have reached out to you by phone, but was only able to leave a message. I will follow up with you by email as well.

Thanks,
MQ”

2017-07-19

The best service I have had in a long time!!!

"Polite and knowledgeable Representative."

square trade is excellent

"Excellent customer service and support! Very fast in getting my claim serviced!"

2017-07-18

Excellent Technician

"I called in for my repair - had to email them a photo of the serial number because they did not recognize it as a valid number. I made the purchase of my TV and Service Policy online at the same time. The receipt I posted did not include the logo of Sam's Club so I had to go to my Sam's Club Account and make a screen shot of the purchase with the logo visible and re-post it. They quickly approved my claim and mailed me the parts for the technician. The repair was promptly scheduled. The parts for the repair arrived very quickly. The Technician was on time and very professional. Found out that he also worked on computers - I was impressed with him and will purchase another Square Trade policy when I buy my next electronic device. The next call will be easier for me now that I know that the receipt must include the logo of the company where I make the purchase."

2017-07-17

A+

"Could not repair, sent full refund along with hard drive."

2017-07-17

SquareTrade was MORE than worth the money!!

"Never thought I'd need it, but I purchased a SquareTrade extended warranty with my Vizio TV and boy am I glad I did! When the TV stopped working a few months out of the original warranty, I gave SquareTrade a call and the process and results could not have been better! They quickly verified my TV needed repair, sent the parts to my house and made an appointment with a local repair person. The parts actually got there the NEXT DAY, so I called the repair person and he was able to come out right away and swap out the faulty part, so within 48 hours of when my TV broke, it was as good as new! WAY cheaper than tossing the broken TV and buying a new one! I'll never buy a new large electronics item without SquareTrade again!"

2017-07-15

Easy Pease

"Fast and easy professional "

2017-07-14

Great Company, One you can Count on!!!

"You guys re great. You took care of my TV almost 5 years into warranty. My warranty was up in a few weeks.
DId an awesome job!

THx so much!

Customer service & attentiveness

"Upon receiving my claim for warranty protection I was greeted professionally & my claim was given the utmost priority as if I were at a location dealing with this member face to face. My claim with manufacture warranty, however, is dragging on with no response. Square Trade is ready to solve on the spot with proper receipt. "

Worth the extra money!

"It was definitely worth the price paid for the extended warranty. "

Horrible - Avoid at all cost

"Based on internet reviews, I insured my Samsung Galaxy 7 phone with Square Trade. When I phone broke, I had to mail it to them and some random repair outfit emailed me and not Square Trade. Since that email went to my spam over the weekend and the ST site did not have that update, I didn't get to know about that email until after. After that the repair people took two days (and that after me calling repeatedly). Finally after several aggressive calls - and about a week later - I am getting a replacement phone. I had to go buy a flip phone to at least communicate with my pregnant wife during the day. Contrast that with a friend of mine who insured with the phone company (admittedly at a higher fee/rate) but got a temporary phone before she had to send her phone for repair and was promptly handled. We have insurance for when we need it - so going forward I am going to insure my phone with my phone company and avoid ST at all cost."

Rep reply posted Jul-14-2017

A rep from SquareTrade, SquareTrade, has responded

“Hello Dchaulagai,

I can definitely understand if there is some confusion with the type of service we offer. We are an extended warranty so unlike insurance we run very similarity to the manufacturer; which means repair will in most cases be our first option. We do provide next steps in your initial approval email, however if any of these steps are missed it can possibly cause a delay. Thank you for providing the feedback about your notification, this is something we need to improve so I have escalated this issue up to our team. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to email me at socialhelps@squaretrade.com.

Thanks,
MQ”

Great Service

"Called on Wednesday, the parts were supposed to arrive in 2-3 business days [ but arrived next day after ordered]. Technician installed on Saturday took him only about 15 minutes to install circuit board , but stuck around to make sure TV worked properly.Very Pleased"

No hassle quality service

"I was very surprised and pleased at the service i received. To be honest i always considered it an annoyance when the store associate would ask me if i wanted to purchase coverage. I believed that while i may get some type of warranty assist it would not be an easy process or a complete replace ment. i have been very pleasantly surprised and I feel the warranty cost was money well spent. "

Excellent service.

"Great customer service and quick return time."

Replacement TV

"SquareTrade was a great purchase to protect and service my new TV. Each time I called for service their response was great in getting someone out to repair my TV. When SquareTrade couldn't fix my TV they offered to replace it. My only concern was that while the replacement is a quality product it did not have some of the features my old set had. But I have a new TV and would purchase a SquareTrade plan again. "

Share SquareTrade's store rating

SquareTrade is a Merchant Member! Learn more

SquareTrade is a merchant member
SquareTrade participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,383 merchant members.