Stores > SquareTrade

Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.38/10 7.38/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.65/10 7.65/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.52/10 7.52/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.48/10 7.48/10
Voice your opinion! Review SquareTrade by clicking a star below.
2017-06-26

Difficult diagnosis

"I have had my LG tv a little over 3 years and my square trade policy was for 4 years. My problem with the TV was intermittent and we could not tell if it was a cable reception problem (loss of signal) or a tv problem (power interruption). I first called the cable company and they came out. The set top box displayed a DUI error which I learned meant a "handshake" problem between the HDMI signal from the cable box and the TV HDMI reception. While I did make an initial claim to Square trade I pursued the cable company first before pursuing the Square trade claim. After switching out the cable box. checking for any possible interference, switching out the HDMI cables and trying all three HDMI tv connections without success, I called Square trade to pursue the claim. Describing the problem was somewhat difficult as the picture would come back while I was on the phone and running diagnostic procedures was difficult if not impossible. The Square Trade rep was very patient and understanding, and worked with me for a long time. While it did take a long time I knew intermittent problems were difficult to pin down. Bella authorized the parts and the repair was completed within a few days as per my availability. The tech was very careful , courteous and competent. All in all, I was very satisfied with the service."

2017-06-26

Millie

"Excellent service & quick response to my problem"

2017-06-25

High quality of customer service

"I love how fast they were able to repair my tablet. "

Square Trade is Deceitful and Lies

"Purchased a Square Trade Warranty for a refurbished Samsung HDTV from Sears in July 2016. Had an issue with the set June 2017 and contacted Square Trade for help. Service agent suggested a solution that required turning off the set for 3 days; less than 30 minutes later, agent called back to say that my Warranty was being revoked because it was for a refurbished product. Since there was a "misunderstanding," agent said I would receive a full refund, not a pro-rated one,within 3-5 business days. Received email next day indicating refund would be $40 ($30 less than original $70 purchase price) from Square Trade.

Finally, it is now more than 10 business days and still no credit card refund.

I reviewed the contract I initially received from Square Trade, and besides it noting the original total cost was $70 the contract did not specify anywhere that refurbished televisions were excluded.

Square Trade is only good at one thing: taking your money.

Rep reply posted Jun-26-2017

A rep from SquareTrade, SquareTrade, has responded

“Hello David Madalins,

I can definitely understand your frustration learning you do not have coverage for your TV. I do want to clarify that the reason your warranty was not valid was because you purchase a warranty for a new device. We currently do not offer warranties for refurbished devices. In fact prior to your purchase our website states "Coverage only available for new televisions bought in the past 30 days". I would suggest reaching out to the manufacturer, If you purchased a certified refurbished device you may still have coverage with them. I will make sure any reimbursement you were offered has been processed. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to email me at socialhelps@squaretrade.com

Thanks,
MQ”

Holy Cow

"I was pleasantly surprised by the attention I received while giving my reason for needing a replacement Doro824 cell phone. I was told 3 to 5 business days for delivery, and it took only 2 days. Now, the disappointing part of my review: the cell phone they sent me is one that was fixed for whatever reason it was returned. It was a nightmare getting the Doro824 to start (Kim, the Consumer Cellular customer service helper) was wonderful. I thought I was good to go. That same day the Doro824 stopped working. I called again, but this time the Doro824 would not start, and I was told "the replacement Doro824 is one that was returned and fixed". I have been without a cellular for 1 1/2 weeks now, and I am not happy. "

2017-06-25

"Very helpful very professional. "

Square Trade Lived up to their promise

"I was able to get a new Fit Bit because mine stopped working. They had me send mine in and deemed that they could not fix it and sent a new one back."

AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE

"CUSTOMER SERVICE FOLLOWED THROUGH ON ALL THAT WAS PROMISED...I RECEIVED MY REPLACEMENT CHECK IN ABOUT 5 DAYS.
THANKS SQUARETRADE

Quick and easy

"Service was great and resolved the issue first time."

Extraorinary Customer Service

"From my initial call, to receiving my camera back, I was kept up to date on the process of getting my camera fixed. I had my camera back, fixed back to manufacture specs in less than one week from the time I dropped it off at the Fed-Ex shipper, to it being delivered to my door. I am 100% sold on Square Trade and their warranty services. Also received a summary of everything that was done to my camera."

Excellent Experience

"Every step of the process went smoothly! Very impressed!!"

Fix lg tv

"Could not fix lg tv so said they would replace it"

Excellent

"It took several calls but Square Trade delivered. The first call was for assistance with the on-line registration. The customer service rep was very helpful and pleasant. The 2nd call was to let them know the factory reset (company policy) didn't correct the problem. The 3rd call was to advise that I hadn't received the label to send my item to the repair center. I received the label that day. I sent the item out that afternoon and received an e-mail several days later stating repair had the item and would send a status update when they had looked at the item. "

2017-06-23

Totally Satisfied!!!

"The phone contact was more effective. The rep walked me through the process. Everthing was handled within seven days from the time I shipped my Fitbit. It couldn't be repair, so, it was replaced."

2017-06-23

Amazing customer service

"My son's bike that we had a warranty on had some issues and we were able to get him a new one thanks to them helping us out"

Share SquareTrade's store rating

SquareTrade is a Merchant Member! Learn more

SquareTrade is a merchant member
SquareTrade participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,378 merchant members.