Stores > SquareTrade

Customer service: Rating 7.43/10 7.43/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.93/10 6.93/10

2016-11-29

Vizio Repair

"Purchased TV over 2 years ago, purchased extended warranty and called about our Vizio TV losing the SMART feature, although we originally had a hard time on the first contact, we were very happy with our second contact and the service technicians visit. Problem wasn't resolved on first visit, parts arrived today and we called to schedule an appointment. all-in-all easy process so far. "

2016-11-25

Great warranty service!

"Our HP printer, owned about 1-1/2 years, went haywire electrically.....would not shut off without pulling the plug, the copy function failed, etc. Dealing with SquareTrade for the first time was a delight. So many warranty services are, at the least, part scams. They make you jump through lots of hoops to file your claim. In fact, I have almost never purchased extended warranties. Square Trade was not only a wise investment, but the experience with them was simply wonderful. We plan to do more business with them, because frankly, they have earned it!"

2016-11-25

5 days and still no mailing label to return phone for repair

"It's been 4 days and they still haven't managed to send me a mailing label to return my phone for repair. What a waste of money this insurance was. Of course I got 2 surveys within 12 hours of my claim being approved so they do have my correct email address for the label. The website says if you don't have one in 24 hours contact them, so I did. The chat person said it would be another 24 to 48 hours. Still waiting. I'm afraid I will never get my phone back if I send it in. I just don't understand all of the good reviews. Maybe if it had been totally destroyed it would have been faster. You get what you pay for. Next time, I'll pay for the verizon insurance. at least I would have a phone by now."

Rep reply posted Nov-25-2016

“Hi!

We're really sorry to hear your claim has taken much longer than our typical turn around. I'll be sure to pass along your feedback to our team. In the meantime, I've peeked into your account and it looks like your claim is approved and your shipping label has been sent via e-mail. We're here if you have any questions, please contact me directly at socialhelps@squaretrade.com with "Reseller Ratings" as the subject line.

JA

2016-11-24

Don't Waste Your Time or Money - Horrible Customer Service

"I would rank them a zero if that was an option.

I had water damage on my phone 78 hours ago. I have talked to 8 different representatives and one manager (twice) from Square Trade in that time. They will tell you whatever you want to hear to get you off the phone, including, "We will call you back or follow up with you by phone." I have been promised a follow up phone call or e-mail four times in order to settle my claim. On every occasion I had to follow back up. Horrible follow-up.

The first time I spoke to a manager, Shane, he told me he began by blaming me for all the troubles. Never admitting there were any customer service flaws on their end (though not returning phone calls, sending e-mails, or outright making guarantees to me that never came to fruition certainly fall into that category), he 'hoped' my phone would be here today. He told me if it was not that he would refund my 75.00 deductible and authorize the purchase of the phone at full retail price. When the phone did not arrive by the time the tracking information said it would, I called back. I was guaranteed a call back from Shane within 2 hours and 15 minutes. At the 3 hour mark, I called back. Shane walked his promise back and told me if it wasn't here in 48 more hours he would do it.

You have to wonder how they can survive providing reasonably priced insurance coverage...ladies and gentlemen, this is how: horrible customer service, NO FOLLOW UP, BREAKING PROMISES, and just hoping you will give up and give in. Don't waste your time or your money. Stick with your service provider or device manufacture for insurance coverage.

48 hours later...

JA, my issue is not resolved; good try. My phone may come today...it may not. You have been telling me for four days that it will arrive within the next 24 hours. Regardless, my issue is not resolved. It should not take 5 days to replace someone's phone. When you are serious about resolving my issue with your customer service, please contact me at the phone numbers and e-mail addresses provided on multiple occasions; the ones you all have refused to use up to this point.

This review was modified by gakeefer on November 25 2016 08:18:10 AM
Rep reply posted Nov-25-2016

“Hello,

I am so sorry to hear that your experience has not been satisfactory. We truly aim to make our claims process as painless as possible, and appreciate any feedback you are able to provide. It looks like a Resolution Specialist was able to help you out with your claim, and your device is in transit for delivery today. I will be contacting you soon, but please feel free to send me an e-mail at socialhelps@squaretrade.com with "Reseller Ratings" as the subject with any additional questions you may have.

Thank you for being a part of SquareTrade!

Appreciatively,

JA”

2016-11-22

They delivered

"My printer broke 2.5 years into my 3 year warranty. They were unable to fix my printer so they sent me a check within a week. Best decision I made was buying a square trade warranty."

2016-11-21

Satisfied customers

"The process was easy and the operator was very knowledge."

2016-11-20

Bam

"I needed my phone replaced asap. I called on Sunday evening and Tuesday it was at my door. "

samsung tv

"overall it was very good the only issue i had was we were supposed to get 24 hours notice and we did not. "

2016-11-19

No problem, just service Unbelievable!!

"Called in claim on printer that gave up printing, and within several weeks we had a check for the full amount paid.

2016-11-19

Square Trade is the REAL DEAL!

"We purchased our TV at Costco in Albany, Oregon and bought the 3 year extended warranty that was offered never expecting to have to use it.
We live in Canada and on Sept. 19th contacted Square Trade as our TV just quit. After some discussion the technician was able to get me to perform a hard reboot on my TV and all was well again.
On Nov. 8th the TV quit again and no amount of coaxing could get it operational again. The tech said they would try and match the specs of my TV and ship me a new one. A few days later they informed me they could not find a similar set and would instead cut me a cheque for the full original purchase price.
The cheque arrived this week and I am totally impressed with the service I received.
The only sad part is that Costco Canada does not use Square TRade when I replace my set.
Many other businesses could take an example from Square Trade.
Many Thanks,
Frank & Mary

Fantastic service

"Exceptional service. They are always right there for you, even when a manufacturer refuses to honor their own product warranty."

2016-11-19

"Dean from customer service was great."

Limbo

"No help once they say replacement TV shipped. Hard to contact anyone who will help.
Replacement TV apparently sitting at a USPS location 3 hours from me for 8 days with no tracking updates and no help from Square or USPS. PVR full so borrowed a TV . Not pleased with being in limbo for over a week.
Initially SquareTrade was very helpful, but to no avail so far. Once the email says the replacement TV was ordered the buck passing started.
Update...
It is now Nov 29/2016 Still no TV No follow up No help No tracking.
When we return from Catalina Island on Thursday I will take the entire file to Costco to see if they will help us, since this is where we purchased the TV.

This review was modified by loganlakers on November 29 2016 08:52:41 AM
Rep reply posted Nov-21-2016

“Hello!

We're so sorry to hear about this experience. Our goal is to keep our claim process as painless as possible. I've found your account in our system and will reach out to you to see how I can help make things right!

JA”

2016-11-19

Handle my issue quickly and professionally

"All my concerns were taken care in a timely fashion and professionally."

2016-11-18

"Great experience! Fast, Friendly, Thorough!!"

Share SquareTrade's store rating

SquareTrade is a Merchant Member! Learn more

SquareTrade is a merchant member
SquareTrade participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,606 merchant members.