Store Information Store Info
  • Rating 1.50/10 66 reviews

Spytown.com is a merchant member
    Spytown.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,874 merchant members.
  • Spytown.com contact information

"All these negative reviews amaze me. I've been ordering alarm panels and other equipment from Spytown since 2008 or maybe 07. In fact, I just received a box of Napco iSee cameras and other equipment from them yesterday, and everything was perfect. ALL alarm resellers use some drop-ship, so maybe the people who are having trouble are buying brands whose manufacturers can't deliver. They had all my stuff to me in 5 or 6 days from the time I placed my order. My only "complaint" might be that they don't always have a picture of what I'm researching on their site, but their prices are so good that the picture thing is insignificant. And no, I don't work for Spytown, nor do any family members, but I do have a Napco dealer account."

"After six weeks of waiting, including delayed replies to my queries about the order, today my order was cancelled due to "pricing issues with our (Spytown's) POs" this after being told the items I ordered we on "backorder". I can handle the typo's in the email correspondence but waiting six weeks for a cancellation is terrible. I see others are having the same experience. This is no way to run a business."

"Let me make this short and non-sweet: placed an order over a month ago and still have not received the item, horrible consumer service! Good luck trying to reach them over the phone, they do not answer, again, horrible consumer service! After finally getting a hold of them on the phone after lots of wasted time holding and re-calling, they told me that they have not sent the item, but its going out this week - WHAT, REALLY??, we placed the order over a month ago!

So, do yourself a favor and try finding some other company other than this piss poor company!

" I placed an order on Dec.18,2012. Today's date is jan. 11, 2013 and still have not received the item. No order updates, e-mails and no info at all since then.
Seems like,Owners don't care about you after they get paid.
Will make a complaint to the city and to VISA CARD to get my money back.

"placed a $550 order on November 17 2012 for smoke detectors and still have not shipped as of January 8 2013. each time i requested an order update they give me a ship date not too far in the future but dates come and go without shipping order. Today they allowed us to cancel the order which is why i gave them higher marks for customer service than for everything else."

"I ordered a part from their web site which was listed with a 5-7 day lead time. The order was placed on 12-07-12, did receive a bill and no follow up information was received since then. Called on 01-02-13 to ascertain the order status and was told that "it was not available from the manufacturer just yet". The part that I ordered was from a major CCTV mfg in the US - I find it VERT difficult to believe this tale. "

"We ordered 20 items totaling over $1000 on Oct 30th, 2012 which was processed on November 1st.

It is now November 30th, 2012 and we have not received our product.
I contacted them, after around 7 call attempts, and they told me that the item was on backorder due to the hurricane but would ship direct from the manufacturer on the 21st of Nov. and should arrive on or around the 27th.
We have a time critical job that this company is holding up.
I tried to contact them yesterday, the 29th, and today, the 30th during their business hours but can never get through to someone. It always says everyone is busy and someone will get to me shortly, but 7-10 minutes of on hold time I get sent to a full, or non-existant, voicemail box and transferred to nothing.

We are going to have to purchase elsewhere and consider this fraud if we don't get a response on monday the 3rd.

"Ordered item on Oct. 30. I was told it would ship in 3-4 days. Today is Nov. 26 and I never received the item. Spytown does not answer the phone. The one time they answered they said that the item is on backorder. I called the manufacturer and they have plenty in stock and it was never on backorder. I am trying to get a refund.
BUYER BEWARE...SPYTOWN IS NOT CREDIBLE

"Worst buying experience ever! Ordered on Oct 8th, they charged my card immediately and it is Nov 26th and still no product. Numerous phone calls and emails no one answers, mail boxes are full, mail boxes don't exist, sit on hold forever and not one returned phone call or email returned. Finally got someone today and they pushed the order out another 2 weeks. I cancelled the order... wonder how long it is going to take to get my money refunded??? WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!"

"Extremely high priced; product and shipping. Minimum order is $19. The cable I needed was never in stock despite being told "it will be in at the end of the week". Shipping for a 13" cable and a 4" speaker was $22.12. Credit Card was charged right away even though the product was not in stock. Took 5 weeks to finally get a refund. Avoid."

"Great company. Order #109240 was placed on october 9 and ad stated item was in stock. When I contacted customer service he told me that they didn't have that many in stock and it would ship the next day. Disappointing since the job was on Monday. Arrived today October 17th and the wrong items were sent. Ordered blue gel filled connectors and received the white non gel filled connectors. A call to customer service and they sent the correct items with a return authorization for the incorrect items which I acutally ended up purchasing"

modified review This review was modified by germantownbellhead on November 01 2012 04:59:45 AM

"After 3 weeks and multiple calls (4) to their customer service who promised to call back (after contacting their supplier) but never did and no email either. I was always told that the item was on back order, I finally called the factory myself and was told that they had over 1,000 units in stock, they also informed that Spytown is NOT a Linear dealer. After presenting this new information to Spytown's customer service they became quite hostile and encouraged me to cancel my order. I remained civil and stated that I would be willing to wait longer and this was an opportunity for them to make good on their terrible customer service if they would just give me an ETA on my order, the customer service rep stated "I don't like the tone of your voice" and refused to help me any further and kept insisting that I cancel my order, which I finally did. BUYER BEWARE: It is Spytowns store policy (As confirmed by their customer service)to take your money first, regardless of whether or not the item is actually in stock. So now I have the pleasure of filing a dispute with my credit card company as I am sure they will never get around to crediting my account themselves. By far the worst shopping experience I have had in 11 years of online shopping."

"Shipping policy states that signature is required. However, it makes no mention that SpyTown will not allow the shipper to hold the package at their depot for pickup. So, if no one is home during the day (i.e. everybody works), you cannot receive the package unless you take vacation and stay home. A call (voicemail message) to customer service was not returned. Also, partial shipment was received with no mention of status of remaining items. Email inquiry was returned promptly with explanation that order is being shipped in two shipments, which equals two days off from work. Not a bargain when the cost of missing work is factored in. Avoid seller."

modified review This review was modified by rclasky on September 21 2012 01:21:20 PM
modified review Rep reply posted Sep-25-2012

spytown, Spytown.com rep has responded

“for Security reasons we ship all orders Signature required. it states that clearly on our site and in the agreement that you signed. you received both packages as stated it was shipped to you. tracking numebrs were 1Z1976X00342044887
and 781437660463681

"I thought signing up to this website and posting a review might draw out a response/action from Spytown (seems to have worked for other dissatisfied customers). I ordered my products (order# 105196) June 25, 2012. I've attempted to call and email Spytown. I've been hung up on and ignored. How is this any way to run a business? I understand that things can get hung up, but at least have the courtesy to communicate with your customers."

modified review This review was modified by Skydoom on July 19 2012 12:12:56 PM

"I have been buying online for several years and don't recall writing one negative review about anybody - I just don't have any problems. Spytown, however, seems to have broken that string. Placed 2 orders on 6/29/2012(105371,105383) and still have not been able to get Fedex tracking #'s. Got through to customer service once, after many calls, but still no tracking numbers. I'm not happy!"

modified review Rep reply posted Jul-06-2012

spytown, Spytown.com rep has responded

“customer service said they already emailed to you your tracking number for your first order which was 781437660459479 and due to arrive to you on 7/9/2012.
they also said they were going to get back to you with your tracking number for the second order later today as they did not have it yet. Your second order is shipping from our warehouse today though.”