Stores > Sprint Wireless

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.56/10 1.56/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

2016-04-16

My verizon plan ends tomorrow, and I want to switch to sprint. or Did want to.

"All Sprint had to do was be nice. But if the webpage had worked properly, they wouldn't have even had to do that. The webpage to sign up for new service wouldn't let me choose a new number. I don't want my old number. It sucked. Next, I have a Sprint iPhone 5S, and wanted
to use it to save a few bucks a mos. Its my wife's phone, and she has the new 6 plus. The webpage couldnt help me there either. So I tried Chat. Chat wanted to sell me a tablet? or activate a tablet? What tablet? Are you some high pressure sales woman, or are you taking advantage of the new legalization of pot? Gave up on Chat; could not get through to the chat lady. There was an 800 number on the webpage for sales, so I called it, and the guy didn't know
anything about the promotions or webpage problems. So . OK, he connected me to another
department, don't know where but could NOT understand the new person. Her super nasal
tone was not easy to understand. She asked why not go with my wifes plan. But apparently
she said 'show" her plan? over and over again I had to ask what she said and she was getting
frustrated, and I thought, IF this is how it's going to be with Sprint, and Im not even a customer yet, Wow! I tried emailing Sprint concerning my problems I experienced, and the email could
not go through because of a profanity filter?? I used NO profanity. WOW was a word I used,
then deleted it , to send the email through, and even that didn't work.
Nice going sprint. Wow.

This review was modified by TerriA on April 16 2016 06:35:45 PM

2016-03-20

Stay away from Sprint!

"We were lied to from the minute we walked into the Sprint store in La Mesa, CA! The reps in the store all have what appear to be nicknames so you don't know who they really are. Our rep, who was the store manager told us that we would not even notice the difference between the high speed and slower speed data. Later when speaking with a supervisor we were told that was not true and we would definitely notice the difference. We were told by "Silver" that we would be able to watch Netflix, etc. without a problem. In actuality, once we switched to the slower speed we could not even use our computer. Here are just some of the additional problems we experienced: our rep said he would submit the referral info for us, our son referred us and was to get two $50.00 gift cards. After a month we found out the info had never been submitted. Next, only one of our phones had the stored info transferred from our previous phone so we used 3/4 of our 2 gigs of high speed data to transfer the second phone's info. This should have been done in the store but they did not do it. When I called to question that the supervisor I spoke with was very apologetic and did give us a $150.00 credit and said he would GIVE us 8 gigs of high speed to use for the rest of the months cycle to make up for them not transferring both phones. Sounds great but then the next month surprise was that he had changed our plan so that the 8 gigs were now our responsibility to pay for. After an hour on the phone I was connected to a different supervisor who read the long list of notes on our account and reversed that charge. Next, although we had signed up for Autopay our account says that we are past due. When I questioned that I was told it was no big deal. Next, we returned to our home in a small coastal town in Oregon and found out that even the "high speed " was horrible and our phone connection was also lousy. Time to change again!! We went into a Sprint store in Eugene and we has never seen such a motley crew!! We wanted to return our mobile hotspot that we got in California but this store (Corporate) could not do that. They placed a call which took 30 minutes to get through finally to spoke to a female who wanted to talk with me. All she said is that we could return it and pay $180.00. This device was brand new, purchased a month prior and had never been used.. We left the store!! I will pay the $180.00 and run over the device with my car before sending it back to Sprint for them to sell as new to some other poor idiot.
Bottom line is: BEFORE switching to Sprint. Read all the reviews. They lie about their service, quality of the speeds, as in 2G for the slower speed means second generation which is slower than a dead snail!!!!, you get different info from different people and English seems to be a second language to all of the reps. And finally....it is easier to speak with the Pope than to reach a supervisor at Sprint...and when you do they are not much better than speaking with a homeless drunk!

This review was modified by vancyp on March 20 2016 11:57:20 AM

2016-02-04

Horrible horrible!

"Had to cancel my Sprint plan because I was moving to a location where there was no coverage. One of the phones was leased and according to the the lease termination agreement, once the lease was paid in full and the lease buyout was paid, the phone could be returned for a credit of the lease buyout. It took several months being bounced back and forth between the local corporate store and phone customer service before I could get a return kit. The phone was returned in the original box in good working condition. I got the lease buyout credit and then 2 days later got an email that said "nope, the phone doesn't qualify for the credit", no supporting reason or anything. So now they have the phone as well as the payments in full.

Stay away from Sprint. Stay far far away!

2016-02-02

The worst customer service at a Sprint store

"I had one of the most worst experiences at a Sprint store on Menaul in Albuquerque New Mexico went in to return a phone that was expensive but the representative did not want to help me with a restocking fee for a phone that was defective and was rude this will be the last time I visit that store and I'm most upset I spoke with told me that I can return the phone with no restocking fee but yet still I got charged bad service:("

This review was modified by Lance300 on February 02 2016 12:02:26 PM

2016-01-19

SPRINTSUCKS1

"We had unlimited everything through Sprint. An in store sales guide convinced us to go off of it to another plan as we would never go over on minutes. We Did. SO, I called Sprint to get back on the unlimited plan that we were on. IT IS NO LONGER OFFERED !!!! SO, After a bunch of yelling the rep " by a miracle " , found me an unlimited plan. We agreed on $270 a month, not a penny over, all in. ALL OF A SUDDEN, we start getting texts from Sprint that we are over on minutes ? I called in AGAIN, got someone else... (Luckily, I wrote down the confirmation # from the first conversation). She says, "Not sure what happened, but he never saved it in the computer, and I can't find what he promised you, but let me see what I can do. After a half hour on hold, she comes back with another "Miracle". $280 a month. Can't get to $270, but we can do $280 all in. I get my most recent bill, $385 !! I am on the phone now, and they are making more excuses. I AM SCREAMING AT THEM !!!
They are just trying to run in circles and make excuses. Now they are escalating to someone else because this second level supervisor CANNOT CREDIT ME BACK WHAT THEY OVERCHARGED ME !! What ?!?! How can ANYONE in the year 2016 think that they can run a business like this ?? SO TERRIBLE !!!!!! I literally have been on the phone with them (A total) of 4 hours and counting !!!!!

This review was modified by SprintSucks1 on January 19 2016 04:37:03 PM

2015-11-28

"Never ever go to the store located at 324 Eureka Road, Wyandotte, Michigan 48192. I called a phone rep. about upgrading my Galaxy S4 to a Galaxy S6, I was assured numerous times that it would be O down. I went to this store...mentioned that I like Sprint customer service and was told by the store employee..."The customer service is not good." I asked, "Why?" He responded, "Because the phone reps lie to get you into the store and then we have to deal with the customer when we tell them what it is really going to be." I was a little astonished at this but we continued on about my upgrade. The rep asked me what type of phone I wanted and I told him, he then showed me a phone he said was better and I said yes I liked it so he went to the back, got the phone and came back out. He said I would have to put down $150.00. I told him that the phone rep. emphatically told me 0 down. He said, that wasn't true. I said how about I just get the Galaxy S 6. Nope...same thing...$150.00 down. I politely argued with him a little restating what the phone rep. had assured me. Sorry, can't help you. I left the store and was, to say the least, a little angry because had the phone rep. not told me 0 down, I never would have wasted my time. On Black Friday, I just happened to be out and decided to stop at a Sprint store to just get a memory card and a new screen saver for my old Galaxy 4, I stopped at the very same store (which by the way was totally empty...it's Black Friday mind you). I said I'm just here for a memory card and a new screen protector. "I'm sorry we don't have any SD cards here, I will order some and they will be here by mid next week but I can get you the screen saver. I was like Really (to myself)...I said no thank you and left. The person I was with said, hey there is another Sprint store just up on Ford Street and Eureka. I went in there (it was packed) said what I wanted...memory card and screen saver. This wonderful store rep. says, "Hey, aren't you ready for an upgrade?" I explained to him my experience with the other store. This guy, JOEY, got on the phone, got any money down waved, got my monthly payment for the phone cut down to $9.00 more on my bill per month, gave me an Alcatel onetouch Pixi7 free for one year and then the option of a $15, $10 or $5.00 payment per month after the year deal was up, activated and transferred everything from my old phone to my new phone and I also got %15 percent off on the Otter Box I bought for my phone...all that and signing contracts within about 45 minutes. That store is 15010 Fort Street, Southgate, Michigan 48195. I was treated respectfully, they were highly professional and knew exactly what they were doing. I left there a very happy customer with my brand new Galaxy S6. Had I not, quite by accident, went to this store, I'd still be sitting here thinking I could not get an upgrade. The difference between these two store was absolutely amazing. There is something radically wrong with the Wyandotte store and Sprint need to send someone from the Southgate store to show them how it's done because they either just don't care or don't know what they are doing. "

2015-11-20

"DO NOT SIGN UP WITH SPRINT CELLULAR.....EVER!!!! THERE IS ONLY A 14 DAY TRIAL PERIOD (STARTS FROM THE DATE THE PHONES WERE ORDERED, NOT WHEN THEY ARE ACTIVATED) TO RETURN THE PHONES IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE SERVICE. MY SERVICE IS HORRIBLE. I AM 5 DAYS OUTSIDE THIS 14 DAY PERIOD AND SPRINT WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO RETURN THE PHONES AND GET OUT OF THE CONTRACT WITHOUT PAYING ALL THE CHARGES FOR THE 2 YEARS.....OVER $2K!!!! CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NOT HELPFUL AT ALL. THEY KEEP TELLING ME THAT THE CONNECTION NEEDS RESET AND THAT IT IS NOT THEIR NETWORK. ALL THE PHONES ON MY ACCOUNT DROP CALLS, HAVE MINIMUM RECEPTION IN MOST PLACES. I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH SPRINT CUSTOMER CARE AND IT DROPPED THE CALL. HAD TO START ALL OVER WITH SOMEONE NEW. DO NOT SIGN UP!!!! IF YOU DO AND YOUR SERVICE DOES SUCK LIKE MINE TAKE THE PHONES BACK IMMEDIATELY!!!! DO NOT WAIT."

This review was modified by JASONPM on November 20 2015 09:57:30 AM

2015-10-21

" Your folks at Sprint wireless store in Springfield Mall Virginia don't like your Plan for customers with Direct TV account. They tried to send me home because they need Direct TV account number ( been told wi-fi is down at store !!! ) and then tried to send me home ...again because they now need a Direct TV account " hard copy", not just the account number. Of course I am not stupid to fall into this trap. They then had to open my account but most of my questions, requests came back : maybe no, maybe not, not sure....from them. It sounded like I have to beg them , be nice with them instead of them to be nice with me as a customer. This is not a right customer service attitude, it is so unprofessional."

2015-09-26

"Sprint - You have succeeded in lying to me 3 times in one day. Sent me 20 miles out of my way for some bullshit lie that not one person could help straighten out. Just flat out refuse to help me at 1 store. They did give me my cancellation amount. Guess it's time to find a new plan. To bad, but I can only think that Sprint has all the money they need. They don't have to be concerned about customer service. ????"

This review was modified by Retheridge72 on September 26 2015 06:52:49 AM

2015-08-03

"I recently converted a business line to a personal line when my company no longer provided cell phones. I had been a previous customer of Verizon but decided to stay with Sprint because my company was satisfied with them.

I signed up for monthly service and bought an iPhone 6. Less than three weeks after getting the phone, I started having major problems with the phone. The screen would freeze, I started getting blue and green backgrounds when I would turn it on, at times the screen would go to black while I was on a call so I couldn’t see options for automated systems, and the last day before I called, my phone was out of commission for good and I was panicked. I use this phone for business and for personal needs.

I called Sprint to see what they could do to help me. I’m a very busy executive and had meetings back to back all week. I requested that they send me a phone and I would pay to send the old phone back.

I spent 75 minutes on the phone with five people and also engaged in a chat while I was on hold. The first person told me that they would definitely send me a new phone but I wasn’t in the right department so she transferred me. The second person told me that they couldn’t send me a phone but that I need to go to a Sprint center. When I restated that I was not going to be able to do that because of my schedule, he said he would transfer me to technical assistance to get it taken care of. The person in technical assistance told me that I could not have a new phone sent to me because I was outside of my 14 day warranty. I again explained that I needed a new phone and asked if an exception could be made. I asked to speak to a supervisor.

I waited again for many minutes and finally spoke with someone who was in the first department but who was not a supervisor. This person stated that I had to physically take the phone into a repair center that would take me 45 minutes to get to in rush hour and that closed at 6, before I was even done with meetings. I asked again to speak to a supervisor.

For the fifth time in 75 minutes, I was told that there was nothing Sprint could do, even though I was in a bind. I let the person know that I needed to cancel my contract and that I would be moving my account back to Verizon. At that time, the supervisor said that she understood and that there was nothing they could do for me. She said as soon as I transferred my phone number over to Verizon, then my account with Sprint would be closed.

During the online chat, I also asked to speak to a supervisor. I asked that supervisor to cancel my account. That person said that they could not help me cancel the account. And that was the end of my conversation with Sprint until…

I called Verizon. Within 30 minutes I had an account, a new phone waiting for me at a store that I could get to, open late to accommodate my schedule. Excellent experience. And then a supervisor from Sprint started emailing me, stating that it was urgent I call them so that they could resolve my issues! I emailed back this entire story.

And that was the end of it until I started getting threatening calls and letters from a collection agency. Sprint is still trying to charge me my monthly fees with penalties! Talk about adding insult to injury. I am contacting the Better Business Bureau today as well.

Stay away from Sprint!

2015-07-30

"I walked into Sprint and was greeted by each of the sales associates, this was great! Julian Harrington waited on me and I must say that I was very impressed with this young mans professionalism as well as his knowledge regarding each of the phones that I had questions about as well as the accessories that I can add to my phone. I was so impressed with this young man that I will not only recommend Sprint to my friends but encourage them to switch to Sprint. Over the past two decades our customer service here in the U.S. has taken a turn for the worst however, I am one pleased customer with Julian/Sprints customer service!!! "

This review was modified by deeanne1002 on July 30 2015 09:13:14 PM

2015-04-13

"I have wasted COUNTLESS hours on the phone with COUNTLESS customer "service" agents and supervisors over the last EIGHT months. Half of the dozens of agents I spoke with were unempathetic and rude, unwilling to help while the others LIED and made it sound like everything was resolved or would be ok and that they would even follow up. Everything they said was a lie. I've had issues with billing, equipment returns, coverage service. You name it. I've had a problem with it. I've been drug around in circles for 8 long months and still have no resolution with my bill and now have a balance with a collection agency for a bill that WAS $0. Warning. Warning. Stay away. I have a feeling I'm going to be out hundreds of dollars with no compensation from Sprint because they can't get their act together."

2015-04-07

"i was a customer with sprint for a couple years and the decided to cancel the service. their customer service while i was with them was good but until i wanted to cancel. they hit me with the ETF fee and the balance on the i financed whatever. So i paid it and the lady tells me that i was paying for my ETF fee and the balance on that financed phone and that next month i should get a final bill and i shouldn't owe anything. NOW (4/2015) THEY ARE SAYING I OWE ANOTHER ETF ON THE PHONE I HAD ALREADY PAID IT?????? They are trying to rip me off for everything i can. The customer service reps are liers and say something just to get you off the phone and try and rip you off so much for customer serivce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

2015-04-03

"So my service ended 6 months ago, and since I just had a baby and my fiancé lost his job I was behind on 1 payment. I thought that when I finally caught up and made that payment it would be the end of this since my 2 year contract was up and I did not renew my service. No, apparently Sprint automatically renews your contract when yours ends. I have NEVER heard of this! And I haven't even had that particular phone in 6 months and have not used Sprint service since then. Now apparently I owe a hundred dollars or so for something I have NOT used and did NOT authorize! Never was I told that Sprint automatically continues your service once your contract ends. Very very dishonest. And I am trying to get my finances together as it is and now have this to pay for on top of everything else. I am NEVER going with Sprint ever again and I will tell everybody I know not to as well. Not to mention, when I was pregnant and lived in an apartment in Dallas, TX I couldn't get any service from my apartment! Terrible to worry about when your due date is coming up."

This review was modified by kristenshea on April 03 2015 08:50:01 PM

2015-03-04

"Was with Sprint for 4 years.

Over the past two months, I've wasted 16 hours (and counting) trying to resolve call failures & inability to use data. Told the gamut of different things from different reps, disconnected many times, promised call-backs that never happened, told to buy upgrades that would fix the problem that didn't, not properly refunded for returning upgrades because the notes that were supposed to be on the account weren't there, finally told they would waive early termination fee but then didn't. On the phone with them now (5th rep, hung up on twice, not called back as promised). She says her hands are tied even through a previous manager promised there would be a comprehensively-documented exception made for me.

If you have a problem with Sprint, expect the resolution to feel like a horrible part time job.

Have never hated a company so much. Currently with T-Mobile and life is much better.

This review was modified by aaroneousmonk on March 04 2015 03:48:11 PM

Share Sprint Wireless's store rating

Sprint Wireless is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sprint Wireless is not a merchant member
Sprint Wireless does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!