• SpotHero

"Updated Comment:

After this review was posted, I was contacted by SpotHero staff who took considerable time to understand what the issues were and we were able to determine several factors which contributed to the issue. Some were the fault of the facility and others were confusing content of the communications. Ultimately I received credit for the parking and and additional credit for future use.

If possible I would adjust my star rating but it seems that resellerratings will not allow that at this time.

Original Review

totally ripped off tonight on spothero. None of the details on the confirm were true (no attendant, no bar code reader, no acceptance of my prepaid parking). Do not fall for the 181 W. Monroe garage in Chicago IL. It is a false listing and you will pay twice!

Final comment. There is no way to review experiences on the Spothero site, so this is the only way to get their attention. That's truly bad customer service.

modified review Rep reply posted Dec-31-2014

SpotHeroTeam, SpotHero rep has responded

“To follow-up on our correspondence:

SpotHero parks hundreds of cars at 181 W Monroe every month. We mostly get A+ feedback about parking there, so sadly it seems like this was the exception to the rule.

1. We refunded your prepaid reservation soon after getting your feedback about the experience
2. We've added a significant amount of free parking credit to your account, since you paid out of pocket
3. We've asked for detailed feedback that we can pass along to the garage and to our operations team to fix this moving forward

I'm really sorry this parking experience didn't meet your expectations, or ours. We've taken the steps above to fix the situation, and would be happy to continue the conversation to make sure this doesn't happen again.

If anyone else reading this review has questions, you can contact our Customer Heroes 7-days a week at support@spothero.com and we'll take good care of you.”

"The worst experience ever! After we made the reservation and paid, the address given did not correspond to an actual parking lot (it was a Pizzeria!) and this was not mentioned when we made the reservation. After calling the number they said that they would come to take the car and we should wait about 10 minutes on a very busy street close to Times Square, NYC.
So, someone was supposed to take our car away to an undisclosed location! Do not do business with SpotHero!

"Really good, really cheap parking with absolutely wonderful customer service! What more could you possible ask for?"

"My family came in town from Ohio & we needed parking for a Cubs game that I had purchased tickets to for them. My parents are not used to traffic or the craziness that hails from Wrigley Field.

Through the craziness the best thing we had was our SpotHero reservation for parking. I had heard from a friend about the app and it was incredibly simple to use! I downloaded the app, put in the destination, and got a spot. We parked, enjoyed the game, and left with ease. Did I mention we saved $8?!

We love SpotHero!

"Ever since I first heard about Spot Hero it has been incredible. Whenever I travel to Chicago, I immediately go to my Spot Hero app and find parking where I need and always at a discounted rate. I highly recommend Spot Hero to all of my friends and family!"

San Diego, CA

"I used SpotHero in NYC last week, and it was great. I had no idea the price they charged using the iOS app was that much better than the rate listed outside the garage. Once I dropped off my car, the valet attendants were really nice. I will definitely be using SpotHero again."

"Spothero is one of the most used apps that I use on a weekly basis. Chicago parking is a nightmare and so are the prices. The app makes it easy to find a space for all day parking at a great rate in under 5 minutes. I love that you can now get $5 towards parking every time you refer a friend. and spothero's customer service are the best. If you live in Chicago, your missing out if your not using spothero. "

"Had to go downtown Chicago, so I used Spot Hero. It was easy to navigate and I'm glad I used it because not only do I save money but the garage was also sold out yet I was guaranteed a spot. This is the best way to secure a parking spot! I will definitely use it in the future..."

"Spothero has been a great presence in Chicago. I don't park without it! Not only does the company make parking accessible, it makes parking affordable too. A great company with a great startup team!"

"Spot Hero is a super fast and convenient way to find parking ahead of time before going for a night on the town. Directions are easy to follow and rates are cheaper than any other parking options I know of. Would (and have) recommended to friends and will use again. Worth having the piece of mind that a spot is waiting for me once I arrive."

"This was such a great way to both find parking in a City I wasn't familiar with and also to pay for parking. Great service. I will look to use it again."

"I have always had excellent service with Spothero. The parking locations are convenient and usually discounted. Their staff is very accommodating and always willing to help."

"SpotHero is awesome. I would highly recommend using this app!"

"As usual another very good SpotHero experience!

Thank you!!

"SpotHero has made the stressful word of city parking a thing of the past. Can't beat the prices and locations. Customer service was also very helpful."

Share SpotHero's store rating

SpotHero is a Merchant Member! Learn more

SpotHero is a merchant member
SpotHero participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,838 merchant members.