Stores > SpotHero
  • SpotHero

Product & services pricing Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
Voice your opinion! Review SpotHero by clicking a star below.
2017-08-07

Hhhhh

"Junibubububub You have ba ubub"

2017-08-01

Selling Unsecure Parking spots

"Our van was BROKEN INTO and PEOPLE LIVED IN OUR CAMPERVAN while we were gone.
We parked our campervan at the "Red Roof Inn San Francisco Airport Parking" for 2 weeks through SpotHero while traveling.
The parking is not a standard safe or secure parking area. It is not a gated parking lot, anyone can access the vehicles, yet SpotHero/the hotel charges you $10/day for parking.

Upon arrival we noticed immediately a window was smashed in, the roof vents and the side windows were open. People lived in our camper while we were gone with their dog. They left a lot of trash and stolen wallets and purses inside.
The hotel lets you put a paper on the windshield with the exact dates you will be gone.

The hotel is clearly eager to charge for parking, but not so eager to check the premises from time to time. If they would have done that our camper wouldn't have been violated like this, or we could have caught the people that did it.

When reporting this to the person behind the lobby (after already reporting it to the police) they said "Management probably already knows". This clearly happened before, Management is aware but they are not taking any action to prevent these situations. Neither did SpotHero take action when reporting this to their Customer Service. SpotHero should think more about the companies they partner up with.

2017-07-07

No spots on Broadway

"My spot was at 304 West 49th street off 8th avenue. The first sign that we were in trouble was that the line for parking spots was causing traffic problems on 49th street. There were so many cars waiting for a spot that the line was stretching on to 8th avenue blocking the crosswalk. Ultimately cars pulled to the right of the line causing complete confusion. My husband got out of the car to see what was going on and there was complete pandemonium. No one seemed to be in charge. In addition to a parking lot, there was a rental car facility in the same location. People were trying to return rental cars and others were trying to park. It was actually getting dangerous because our cars were causing traffic congestion. The workers in the lot were mean. When asked if there was any kind of a plan to get us into to lot in time for our Broadway show, they simply yelled at us all. We arrived at 6:15 for a 7:00 show and our theater was 1 block away. We were 7th on line. In the 15 minutes we waited, 1 car was parked. We realized that if we stayed, we would probably miss the first act. So we left. We passed the same lot at 10 PM on our way home, and saw the sad people lined up waiting for their cars--again with absolutely no movement of cars getting out.

My children insisted that we use Spot Hero. It is my 3rd time using the app and it has been wonderful before.
But to say I was disappointed in my third try is an understatement. We could see another lot down the block, and so we left and pulled in to that lot. It was VERY expensive but at that point, we had no choice. The traffic had gotten so bad, and we had wasted so much time at the Spot Hero parking lot, we had to park and get to the theater.

This parking lot should be taken off SpotHero. There was absolutely no customer service. No one cared. The people we spoke to who were waiting to park were all Spot Hero customers. The rest were rental car customers. The fact that most of us had Broadway tickets was irrelevant to the attendants. It was terribly frustrating. I cannot imagine being customers from out of town. It would have been frightening--in terms of traffic--had we not been used to driving in NYC.

On the positive side, my money has already been returned, and I have been contacted by customer service. I have been told that I will get a credit for the difference between what I was supposed to pay and what I did pay. ($51 - $18) If that happens, I will use SpotHero again. If it does not, I won't.

2017-07-05

The WORST! Do not use in NYC. The lot I paid for was under construction and had been for 8+ months.

"This was for a Staten Island Yankees game. There where a couple people there like us that got scammed that night, sad really. The security guard at the construction site told us it happens for every game. These folks know the lot is closed but continue to scam people night after night. Nice business practice. "

2017-07-02

Went like expected

"I think most of the poor reviews come from people not calling the garage. I called ahead, took down some names, and when there was a little confusion, simply showed them the pass & ppl I spoke with and there was no problem. "

2017-06-10

Awful experience in D.C.!

"This was my first time using Spot Hero to park in Washington D.C. Prior to my departure, I have received two emails; one saying my reserved lot expired, and one explaining how the garage was full and how they moved me to another location. From those two emails, I should have known this website was shady. First of all, my reserved parking lot didn't expire because I reserved it for the 9th. How can they tell me that the day after I reserved this lot, it's expired when I reserved it for a completely different day? It makes absolutely no sense. Also, how can they switch my garage and not even give me a follow up confirmation email like they said they would.

I'm never using this site again. Thanks for robbing me of cash. I appreciate it.

2017-06-08

Off to a good spot but then sunk by recurring billing gone wild

"I couldn't have had a better experience with the guy who sold me the temporary space: they were solid and told me that when I got back, simply to call and cancel the deal, and that if it were over a day or two they wouldn't charge. Two months after my return, I was still receiving bills; I called and they took off this month, but the other two months are not being adjusted as yet--I have a feeling this can get sleazy. "

2017-04-21

Will never try spothero again

"I was going to Washington DC for the first time and didn't know what to expect for parking, so I reserved a spot on spothero. I arrived at the garage during my designated reservation time and was told the lot was full, and they were no longer accepting new reservations. (I told him I reserved the day before) he instructed me to go to a nearby garage run by the same company. I went there and was also told garage was full, and they wouldn't accept a reservation for another garage anyway. I finally begged hard enough to get into the garage, but was then charged double what I had paid on spothero. So I ended up paying triple. Thanks spothero!"

2017-03-29

Beware! Call the garage before you buy. They may NOT honor your payment. Or might not exist!

"I am very unhappy with my 1st and last time using Spothero. I trusted that by giving them my money I'd be able to park at the locations they provided. Instead the lot named on my receipt refused to honor the agreement and there were even threats to call the police. They claimed that they told Spothero to remove them from the site. So I had to deal with anger and frustration at the end of a very long day AND I lost the $40 that I paid to Spothero. So I ended up having to pay a second time and I wasted in paying the Spothero service. I will not be using it again. Instead I'll go back to using the BestParking App. #Parking #NYC

2017-02-14

WARNING FALSE ADVERTISEMEMT

"I would advise anyone that lives in the Houston area to not pick Hobby Inn Airport to park their car. On 2/12/17 I returned fro my trip at 10:40pm and could not get to my car. I repeatly called the number listed for pick up for 15 minutes. NO ANSWER. I had to catch a cab to my car. DO NOT PARK THEIR IF U HAVE A LATE EVENING RETURN FLIGHT. "

2016-12-19

the dopest!!

"spothero is the best. saves me money every time i park downtown (3-5 times a week these days)"

2016-04-28

Commuter's Lifesaver

"I use SpotHero to commute into the city ~3x per week and can't imagine going back to just driving around searching for a spot! Incredibly easy to use, and it is always nice to see how much I am saving when I drive up. Yay SpotHero! "

2016-04-27

Spothero is awesome!

"I drive downtown at least a few times a week for work and spothero has made it super easy to find parking and has saved me a ton! It would be even better if they offered some kind of unlimited pass for us repeat users. Great, service, keep it up!"

2016-03-08

Beware - they may be selling your phone number to telemarketers

"I completed a monthly parking transaction on their website, where i had to enter my phone number. Within an hour I had a robocall. I called SpotHero and they said they don't sell that info, but I do not believe them.

Enter a fake telephone number if you want to do business here.

2016-01-13

The price was high compared to the lot

"The price was high compared to the lot. The lot price was cheaper"

Share SpotHero's store rating

SpotHero is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

SpotHero is not a merchant member
SpotHero does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!