• SpotHero

Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.33/10 8.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10

2015-07-21

"I recently starting parking with SpotHero and all I can say is that it's been quite a transformative experience. Parking in downtown Chicago can be quite difficult and expensive and SpotHero has found an incredible way to make it fast, easy, and good for the bank account. I no longer fear getting raked over the coals every time I drive in.

I have parked in 3-4 different garages/lots so far with SpotHero and have had nothing but seamless experiences. The app is easy and intuitive and the parking locations have always been nearby my destinations. It's so simple to use that I usually book the parking only minutes before I need it. SpotHero has completely eliminated the need to drive place to place to compare rates while darting through traffic. Your best parking deal is only a couple clicks away now. Gotta love technology."

2015-07-21

"Since I travel by car a lot, I used to use other apps to help find parking. Since I found spothero, I don't use any others. It allows you to quickly see where the best parking is located to your destination and decide quickly where you want to park. Most lots also have a picture of the entrance which makes it easier to find. One major flaw in the program is that they don't put the QR codes in the emailed receipts. Also, when navigating the app, it sometimes gets a little confused by location searches and can put you a few blocks to miles off your target location. When booking the time in and out, I wish that the clock didn't do what it currently does. What ever happened to plain Jane changing one time and not having to change the other. Also, having a view of rates if you move your arrival or departure time to find the best rate. Anyway, the App works even with its current flaws. Hopefully they keep improving. "

2015-07-15

"Finding parking in San Francisco has always been a pain and I often don't know how much I'm going to pay until I'm already in the garage and it's to late. I tried SpotHero this week and I'll never drive around looking for a parking spot again. I got a crazy good deal on parking in SOMA and it was $10 less than what I would have paid if I just drove up to the garage. "

2015-07-13

"Make sure you read the details twice till end point. main points will be mentioned in the last instead of start to fool people. I am highly dissatisfied by your service. I booked a parking in impark water LLC , 55 water street , NY . i selected the date and time (4.30 pm to 1 am ) in the app and it showed this parking for $15. But when we came back to pick the car after 3 hours the guy told u have to pay $42 as its more then 3 hours we were shocked to hear that as we had already paid $15 through app and thought this is the full amount. you have mentioned in such small letters that its from 5am to 10 am . What s the use of selecting the time when you are not showing details properly . In details also u have mentioned that point in end . I had a huge fight with the guy at impark . and he told same day he had already faced this issue thrice same day. i had been using this app for a long time in DC and never faced any issues but New York was such a bad experience . Its like robbing people by not mentioning all things clearly."

2014-12-26

"Updated Comment:

After this review was posted, I was contacted by SpotHero staff who took considerable time to understand what the issues were and we were able to determine several factors which contributed to the issue. Some were the fault of the facility and others were confusing content of the communications. Ultimately I received credit for the parking and and additional credit for future use.

If possible I would adjust my star rating but it seems that resellerratings will not allow that at this time.

Original Review

totally ripped off tonight on spothero. None of the details on the confirm were true (no attendant, no bar code reader, no acceptance of my prepaid parking). Do not fall for the 181 W. Monroe garage in Chicago IL. It is a false listing and you will pay twice!

Final comment. There is no way to review experiences on the Spothero site, so this is the only way to get their attention. That's truly bad customer service.

Rep reply posted Dec-31-2014

SpotHeroTeam, SpotHero rep has responded

“To follow-up on our correspondence:

SpotHero parks hundreds of cars at 181 W Monroe every month. We mostly get A+ feedback about parking there, so sadly it seems like this was the exception to the rule.

1. We refunded your prepaid reservation soon after getting your feedback about the experience
2. We've added a significant amount of free parking credit to your account, since you paid out of pocket
3. We've asked for detailed feedback that we can pass along to the garage and to our operations team to fix this moving forward

I'm really sorry this parking experience didn't meet your expectations, or ours. We've taken the steps above to fix the situation, and would be happy to continue the conversation to make sure this doesn't happen again.

If anyone else reading this review has questions, you can contact our Customer Heroes 7-days a week at support@spothero.com and we'll take good care of you.”

2014-11-16

"The worst experience ever! After we made the reservation and paid, the address given did not correspond to an actual parking lot (it was a Pizzeria!) and this was not mentioned when we made the reservation. After calling the number they said that they would come to take the car and we should wait about 10 minutes on a very busy street close to Times Square, NYC.
So, someone was supposed to take our car away to an undisclosed location! Do not do business with SpotHero!"

2014-05-21

"Really good, really cheap parking with absolutely wonderful customer service! What more could you possible ask for?"

2014-05-15

"My family came in town from Ohio & we needed parking for a Cubs game that I had purchased tickets to for them. My parents are not used to traffic or the craziness that hails from Wrigley Field.

Through the craziness the best thing we had was our SpotHero reservation for parking. I had heard from a friend about the app and it was incredibly simple to use! I downloaded the app, put in the destination, and got a spot. We parked, enjoyed the game, and left with ease. Did I mention we saved $8?!

We love SpotHero!"

2014-05-14

"Ever since I first heard about Spot Hero it has been incredible. Whenever I travel to Chicago, I immediately go to my Spot Hero app and find parking where I need and always at a discounted rate. I highly recommend Spot Hero to all of my friends and family!"

San Diego, CA Verified Customer
2014-05-14

"I used SpotHero in NYC last week, and it was great. I had no idea the price they charged using the iOS app was that much better than the rate listed outside the garage. Once I dropped off my car, the valet attendants were really nice. I will definitely be using SpotHero again."

2014-05-14

"Spothero is one of the most used apps that I use on a weekly basis. Chicago parking is a nightmare and so are the prices. The app makes it easy to find a space for all day parking at a great rate in under 5 minutes. I love that you can now get $5 towards parking every time you refer a friend. and spothero's customer service are the best. If you live in Chicago, your missing out if your not using spothero. "

2014-05-14

"Had to go downtown Chicago, so I used Spot Hero. It was easy to navigate and I'm glad I used it because not only do I save money but the garage was also sold out yet I was guaranteed a spot. This is the best way to secure a parking spot! I will definitely use it in the future..."

2014-05-14

"Spothero has been a great presence in Chicago. I don't park without it! Not only does the company make parking accessible, it makes parking affordable too. A great company with a great startup team!"

2014-05-13

"Spot Hero is a super fast and convenient way to find parking ahead of time before going for a night on the town. Directions are easy to follow and rates are cheaper than any other parking options I know of. Would (and have) recommended to friends and will use again. Worth having the piece of mind that a spot is waiting for me once I arrive."

2014-05-13

"This was such a great way to both find parking in a City I wasn't familiar with and also to pay for parking. Great service. I will look to use it again."

Share SpotHero's store rating

SpotHero is a Merchant Member! Learn more

SpotHero is a merchant member
SpotHero participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,713 merchant members.