Stores > Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore

Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.00/10 4.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore by clicking a star below.
2017-04-22

Horrible shipping time.

"Placed order 4/10/2017. No emails from them regarding the order. Just received an email from FedEx on 4/20 saying the shipment was tendered!! They need to warn people if they are going to take 2.5-3 weeks to get an online order to you! Completely unacceptable! They immediately added me to their spam list, though, and I got marketing emails from them just about every day until I unsubscribed. Not cool!"

2017-04-11

Item as described, at a killer deal

"Although there is a long processing time 7+ days, it was well worth it for the price.
I bought a S&W M&P 2.0 5in FDE. It was brand new for 459.00 free shipping. What a deal!

2017-03-27

Received a floor model handgun as "new"

"I bought a "new" Ruger American Pistol that had either been used or used as a floor model since the gun barrel was marred. Unfortunately, when I got it from my FFL Dealer I thought it just needed to be cleaned. After cleaning I contacted them and they said since I had already done the background check and took it home they weren't responsible for it.

Moral of the story, don't buy from them. If you do, make sure the gun doesn't even have dust on it.

2017-03-23

Agreed upon price then contacted for more money

"I agreed to purchase a firearm from Sportsman's outdoor Superstore with free shipping. 6 days later they contacted me to send an updated FFL which I did. 2 days after that they contacted me saying that it's an extra $30 for shipping even though the invoice I have shows free shipping. I do live in Alaska and have had other sites give me free or cheap shipping but at least they stated it and held to it. Also the first email I received six days after I purchased it said that in seven days they will cancel an order. Not sure if that 7 days from the order date because if so they might have wanted to respond before 6 days. customer service was polite but they didn't budge an inch. U even said I'd split some of the cost and they wouldn't do it so cancelled my order. I believe that if they send an email confirmation of the purchase which states the full price they should adhere to it. They told me that the email is not an agreement of any kind. Rediculous"

2017-03-21

Horrible Customer service/shipping

"I ordered a Magpul clip 4 days ago. Their policy is 1-3 days. They didn't tell me they were "backed up when before I placed my order and still haven't contacted me. I had to go on their website to see they haven't even shipped it yet. I ordered 2 other products from other stores and have already received the products with free shipping. They charged me $7 for shipping on a $10 product and still haven't shipped?? Bad service. "

2017-03-14

Great Prices / Good Customer Service but SLOW SHIPPING

"I recently ordered a rifle from Sportmans Outdoor. Overall some of the deals are the best you can find on the web. I personally looked into GrabAGun but after reading multiple nightmarish reviews, I decided to go with Sportmans. While the shipping is free be ready to wait about 5-7 business days just for your item to ship. I personally needed it sooner so I decided to call their number, it rang but kept going to voicemail, I left a message and about 30 minutes later I got a call from customer service. I ended up paying the $16 to get it expedited which they ended up shipping immediately. Overall if you're not in hurry to get your item, Sportsmans Outdoor is a great place to buy."

2016-06-30

The superstore provided superstar service

"So, i just found this site as I was browsing in slickguns. I looked up sportsmans outdoor superstore and saw a a couple bad reviews. I have purchased 2 firearms in the past an xdm compact and a sig 516. I have tried to order firearms online before walther pps and had to cancel it as there was no communication from them(I couldn't get an update and then i got an email that they couldnt licate the ffl i sent them. I got great prices free shipping and great communication I dont know what more one could ask. I hope to pick up a couple police trade in glock 19s when they come back in stock. Im think with the political climate i should have a couple to give to my kids when they get older."

2016-03-30

Best deal on Guns

"I have bought many guns here now and do shop many other places. You can not bet there prices and services. It does take about 10 business days to ship but for the best prices it is well worth it. They also delivers much more then they promise with is rare these days. I got an extra magazine and cleaning kit and nice case with my gun ...none of which was promised. "

2016-03-18

STILL WAITING

"I ordered a rifle that was in stock on 3/10/2016. Today is 3/18/2016 They just shipped it today. Try calling customer service. You get a recording to leave your number and they will return the call at "their convenience". They do NOT even have a link to email them on their site. Do yourself a favor and pay a couple bucks more and shop elsewhere. They have no idea what customer service is."

2016-03-10

Amazing price and super service!

"I recently made a purchase due to a great price I found from wikiarms, never having heard of them I did a few searches and found lots of good comments.
I cannot say enough of the quick ship, great price and super service!

2015-04-09

"I purchased a WW-CF CARBON FIBER SRC 5.56 FLAT TOP AR-15 from SOSS, best price out there, $120 less than a local gun shop and $240 less than Academy's for the exact same gun. Order came in quick, maybe 3-4 days, shipped to an FFL dealer and picked up. Not a single hiccup. Happy with my purchased, even my FFL dealer was shocked at how low the price was.

Not a single issue, I plan on using SOSS again, looking at a Springfield Mod2 3.3 .45ACP, still best prices out there, I have recommended this site to every gun lover I know, Buds and Cheaper aren't so low in prices like SOSS.

2015-03-21

" I have read many reviews on SOSS, on many different forums and review sites. As usual with any retailer/manufacturer/service provider, etc. There will always be happy and unhappy customers. No one can please everyone, ALL the time.
My experience with SOSS was ultimately a good one. I had an issue with an ordered item. I made contact with customer service, they gave me a couple options, which I followed through on both. The result of which, gave me the assurance that my product was NEW and without issue.
SOSS customer rep. Jennifer, helped enforce the term "customer service" by offering to send me an extra magazine and box of ammo. ( Springfield Armory only sent an extra magazine to all the thousands of customers that were affected by their recall ) So in my experience, SOSS went above and beyond, what was expected.
My exprience with Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore therfore, has been a positive transaction. I would hve no issue with making future purchases form SOSS.

2015-01-15

"Oversold and cancelled my order. Wouldn't backorder even though they said they had more coming in."

2014-11-10

"Purchased my 2nd handgun from SoS in as many months. No problems, no worries, fast shipping, GREAT Pricing. Best price on both the SR9c and LCP with laser hands down. My FFL had a bit of trouble faxing his dealer license to them the first time. The said they never got it ... and then "found" it later in their fax box. But the second time the FFL info went thru same day and gun shipped same day."

2014-11-08

" Purchased from them and they charged me twice and then when confronted they argued with me and then tried to place the blame elsewhere.
They never once accepted responsibility for their 'mistake', and didnt even offer an apology at least or a discount or something.
The purchase was decent and the price was okay, the packaging and shipping was fine and I would probably give them another chance perhaps, but the overcharge incident was total nonsense and their customer service was terrible.

Share Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore's store rating

Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore is not a merchant member
Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!