Stores > Sportsmans Guide

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.86/10 2.86/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.29/10 4.29/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.86/10 2.86/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.21/10 3.21/10
Voice your opinion! Review Sportsmans Guide by clicking a star below.
2017-08-14

Very expensive to be a member!

"I need a zero star rating. Took the membership credit card because it was supposed to save me money. Nope. Just cost me money. Used the card once (the initial membership purchase), paid the bill in full immediately and cancelled the card right away and still got billed for "renewal fee". And then they kept billing me and put on a late charge. Credit card people said talk to membership club people about removing the charges. Called membership club. Waited 25 minutes on the phone for someone to answer. Finally spoke to someone who agreed to take the membership renewal fee off and told me to talk to the card people about the late fee. I told they card people said talk to her about that. She put me on hold to talk to her management and I got put back in the call queue. I will say the agent I talked to about the membership fee was pleasant and did remove the charge. But then I had to call the card people back. Talked to agent who said I'd have to talk to a supervisor so waited on hold yet again. That supervisor still wanted to charge me a late fee for a charge that was taken off and wasn't supposed to be charged to begin with. Made me pay it. My husband and I both belong to several hunting and gun forums and we will both be sure to talk about my experience. This is like a scam. Charge me for something I shouldn't have been charged with and then bill me a late fee! Seems to me someone like the attorney general should be made aware of this.

2017-08-13

stupid survey worse I ever seen.

"Waste of your time to answer. CANNOT MAKE OUT THE NEXT BUTTON ITS SO FAINT AND THEN IT GOES, GOES, GOES SOME where else makes S guide look so stupid. Their free shipping and guest membership got me ordering but WOW sent me a waste of time survey so now I just think its lame!!"

2017-08-04

An Online retailer Comprised of Snakes

"Upon ordering some shot shells, namely Federal; many shells had buffer seeping out from the crimps that were almost opened. Buffer was strewn throughout the entire (3) 25 round boxes. Customer service never answered my email, nor did any address the defective shipment they sent. I was not aware that ammunition could not be exchanged, for I did not read the stipulation. We shall never conduct business with Sportsman's Guide ever again. This is a company comprised of snakes, hiding behind a veil of lies and seeking to trap the unsuspecting.
* After submitting a negative online review to Sportsmans Guide, they deleted the comment and picture I submitted. However, all the planned comments are posted by forked tongue people.

2017-07-21

Wide selection of items, but absolutely the worst customer service I came across and they do not stand behind their satisfaction guarantee.

"They may have a wide selection of items, but their customer service is cold, uncaring and is truly terrible! They claim to have the strongest guarantee in the business as they say, "Order with complete confidence! Your satisfaction is guaranteed, period," but I absolutely disagree as I was not satisfied with my order one bit and there is no such thing as satisfaction guaranteed, period.

They also claim to have a lowest price guarantee, as they say, "If you find a lower advertised price for an item we sell within 30 days of placing your order, we will refund you the difference. Proof of purchase and a copy of the retailer’s lower advertised price is required." Guess what? I did exactly all that, I already bought the item and showed them the proof of purchase and the retailer's lower advertised price and they absolutely refused to honor the lowest price guarantee that they claim to have, and then ignored me. Absolutely despicable as they did not stand behind their words one bit at all. They will not honor their words and their satisfaction guarantee is a lie.

If you shop with this company, know that their customer service is truly terrible and they will not stand behind the satisfaction guarantee that they claim to have. I was a Club Member of SPG and they did show me as a customer a single ounce of respect. 0/10 company. Despicable company that rather side with their money than with the customer and the guarantees that they claim to have. From my experience, I do not recommend this company at all. Worst customer service, ever!

2017-07-07

Still haven't received my merchandise return refund after one month of waiting!!!

"I've been a Sportsmans Guide customer since Nov. 1997, and up until now I've enjoyed dealing with Sportsman's Guide. I ordered a black powder revolver a little over a year ago, costing over $300.00, not realizing that it would end up being a useless paper weight due to black powder not being available anywhere in the State where I live. Anyway, I returned the unused revolver back to them in the same condition as received and it arrived back to them on June 23rd via FedEx Ground by their prepaid shipping label. The revolver was finally processed on Wednesday of the following week and I have yet to receive my refund check in the mail. I keep sending them emails, and they keep telling me lies that they're still processing the refund and that it will be mailed out shortly, or by last Friday, etc..., so my patience is now totally exhausted, and I'm totally through with doing any further business with Sportsman's Guide. If I can help it, I never do business with businesses that I can't trust, and only do business with any government agency or insurance company because I have to - not because I want to. It's apparent that the Sportsman's Guide no longer cares about it's good customers or excellent customer service, and is losing good big ticket item customers like myself because of their no longer caring. So, if you respect yourself and care about how you're treated by others, you will save yourself the frustration by not doing any business with the Sportsman's Guide. I'm going to file a formal complaint with my State Attorney General next week against the Sportsman's Guide, and hopefully the Attorney General can do something to get them to finally send me my legally due merchandise refund. "

2017-06-28

Usually Good to Very Good Experience

"I have been a TSG customer for well over a decade. I have been a Club Member for almost a decade. During this time I have placed many, many orders. I've learned that overall, TSG does a great job with order fulfillment and customer service. The few times I've run into issues it has been due to vendors they use - rather than TSG themselves. My most recent order was filled correctly and shipped promptly. And the prices were very competitive. There were also several items in this most recent order that simply are not available anywhere else."

2017-06-09

Losing lots of long-time customers!!!

"I had been a Sportsmans Guide customer for many, many years. Up till recently, I went there first to buy all my outdoors and sporting goods related purchases. Over the years, I have watched the customer service slide downhill and the prices climb uphill. The straw that broke it for me was over a firearm purchase like many others on here. I feel totally ripped off. As a result, I asked them to remove me from their emails and promotions. While they did comply with my request, their wasn't even the slightest attempt to discover why they were losing a long time customer. This tells me two things: 1. They know exactly why and 2. They just don't care.

My advice to anyone reading this is to spend your hard-earned money elsewhere!

2017-05-12

If you feel like giving away money, go a head and order from them!

"I went to pick up my order with my permit to purchase and was put in an open status with my background check. Was told that it shouldn't take more then a week to come back. A week later I called and was told it could take up to 30 days. Then after 30 days I was told I had to come back in a re apply. I was then put in a delayed status. Finally, I had enough and asked for a refund. I was charged more than half of my first payment even though I never received anything and patiently waited. They are charging to restock their own item in their own warehouse. Complete waste of time, money and energy. "

2017-04-06

Take the money and run

"I been a customer with SG for years this is the first time and I never had anything but praise for the until now evething thing went bad. I have bought firearms from them before before no problem until now. They changed there policy and it just plan ****. You have only 6 days for your ffl holder to send a copy in or everything is cancel and they keep all your hard earned cash. Unless you use their ffl pick. Which for me was in a different town. So I used the same one I always used and they have done business with them before. I called my ffl store right after I ordered the gun and they said no problem they would send I copy to them right away. I kept waiting for them to call watching my status in till I got worried and call them to make sure a copy was sent they (my ffl store) said yes they did and received and a confirmation that they SG received it so I waited a few more days and then my order status was changed to cancel no refund. I called SG and they said they never received it on their new email. And called my ffl store and they didn't know about any new ffl email for them but would send it again . now SG says tiff it came in late on the new email and they don't know anything about their old email still taking and confirming ffl copys that I'm just out of luck. SoI to me this sounds very strange my only options now to call atf and my state Attorney General and see if they can look in to this. All I'm wanting was the firearm I ordered not all this BS and hassle. They went from one of the best to ripoff artist."

2017-03-30

Have had nothing but great experiences with them

"I'm rather surprised by the number of bad reviews on here for Sportsman's Guide. They had the best price listed for the handgun that I wanted to buy, and I almost went with a more expensive retailer due to the reviews here. However, the price on SG was so much lower than the next cheapest price that I decided to take a chance and placed the order with them. I placed the order on late Sunday night, received a text message and email confirmation right away. Then on Tuesday morning, I received a text and email confirmation that my order had shipped to my local FFL. They also provided the FedEx tracking number. I picked up my brand new toy on Thursday from the FFL. This was my first ever online firearm purchase and it was a perfect transaction in every way!

Since then, I have made two other orders with them, both for ammo. Received these orders about 3-4 days after ordering, with no hiccups whatsoever. In the most recent order, I had to call them to cancel the order that I had initially submitted because I had changed my mind on the brand of ammo I wanted. The customer service phone agent was courteous, friendly, and efficient, and the cancellation was a quick, pain-free process.

I am so glad that I gave these guys a try despite the bad reviews on here. I would hate to have written them off, as they really do have some great prices as far as firearms-related stuff is concerned (especially when they send out free shipping codes via email). I will be buying from Sportsman's Guide again and again as long as their excellent service keeps up!

2017-03-26

Not my Bill

"I used to love this store and order all the time, until they sent a bill for $90 that was not mine to collections without notifying me, I am currently fighting with the credit company to have it removed as fraud, no help from Sportsmans."

2017-03-14

They are not honest - nasty customer service

"I purchase a brand new gun! Unfortunately it came with a lot of scratches! Do not buy their additional package shipping warranty because they will not warranty or help you, instead they will tell you to go to the manufacturer. I wish I saw all these negative reviews before buying from them. They truly are Criminals and should not be selling guns/weapons. I think they should have these people locked up! I will never give a penny to this company ever again!!!! "

2017-02-27

Scammed for shipping and ammo cost!!! Stay away!!

"I got scammed for shipping and higher price on ammo!! Emailed several times since Christmas to sort it out, but the new bill was even higher after saying that they'll deduct some shipping cost which was supposed to be free!! They dragged it out until my 4th club member payment to get all my money!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS WEBSITE!!!! DON"T DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!!"

2017-01-17

Very poor customer service and un-customer friendly company policies (Buyer beware)

"I had a recent experience with SportsmansGuide.com where the items in my order were incorrect and the company refused to allow me to exchange the items for what was purchased. I had a difficult time getting a response from customer service and in the end they refused to make right the issues that needed to be addressed. It was expressed that this large company does not care enough about individual customers to resolve the issues they are having to prevent loss of a customer. I will not be purchasing anything from this company in the future and i would advised others to be careful because you may not receive what you ordered and not have the ability to get a refund or exchange."

2016-12-26

Bait and steal

"Ordered an XDS 3.3 single stack on 12/16. The gun was IN STOCK at the time I purchased it on the 4 pay plan. I kept checking the status and it said in process. I emailed them last Friday, a week later, and said Springfield Armory was having "processing issues" and that it would be shipped as soon as the issue was resolved. Go on the website today and all XD's are out of stock. When I call SG, the automated system tells me that the order is on hold, so I talk to Oliver, the flunkie. I tell them to cancel the order since it is on hold and the item is backordered. Oliver said they can't do that and that I would have to wait til it got to the ffl and then return it. So they baited me into a purchasing a backordered item, charged me before they even had an item to ship, and and now they get to make money on an item which they have no idea of when it will ship. I've used other pay plans before and not one of them ever charged until the item shipped. I will always give them a **** review and bad publicity from here on out."

Share Sportsmans Guide's store rating

Sportsmans Guide is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sportsmans Guide is not a merchant member
Sportsmans Guide does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!