Sportsmans GuiCoupons

"The Sportsmans Guide. Seems like a decent place to do business with. Lots of different products at what at first appears to be good prices, but I caution you to shop around. Many of TSG's prices can be easily beat by MANY on-line retailers, many who offer free shipping. Additionally, if you purchase an item at a price that seems to good to be true, that's probably because it is. Quite likely an inferior quality item.
Now for the real problem, customer service. Specifically when they make an error, and their unwillingness to make it right. I ordered a sling pack item WXZ-622162 in coyote, and received od green. The item is now sold out and not returning. They have the same bag with a different item number WXZ-293760 by Red Rock. At this time 12/20/2014 1:30pm central the photograph for these two items is IDENTICAL. Not one pixel different. However The Sportsmans Guide will NOT exchange the wrong bag they sent me for this one claiming they are not the same. Seems like they have had Red Rock brand the over stock of this bag so that they can charge over 2 1/2 times the original cost ($44.99 vs $17.49). Try it for your self. Toggle between two different tabs with the two different items, one on each tab. If they are not identical they have changed them in response to my complaint. Again their error AND their unwillingness to make it right.

modified review This review was modified by Posum on December 20 2014 11:59:37 AM

"Avoid the "CLUB" it is a rip off. It took me a couple of years for it to sink in. Watch the prices on items. If you are offered a members only sale, the prices are usually raised to make up the difference of the discount."

modified review This review was modified by lostpuppy on December 19 2014 12:45:17 PM

"Ordered a $20 item because they promised a $10 gift card with any purchase. I received the card on 12/18 and it expires 12/25. Looks like I get a screwing for Christmas. "

"This is the most bad company to buy something. I order 2 cases for air rifles, they only delivery one. I write my complain and my answer was: ...2 Cases... nothing more. I print de FedEx tracking facts and sent to the guy (Bill Jorgensen), and he said....can you give me the tracking number to check? after 6 days without a response I ask again and he respond: What is happening with you, I show we deliver 2 cases (He never send me nothing). They don't read your e-mails, may be because they have a lot of problems. They are not educated, they are not preocupated to resolve their mistakes, so I really do't understand how a company like this SPORTSMAN still in the market. They are terrible. Do you want tho chek...buy something from this company, and you will know how bad they are. Is not only for the money, it's for a kind of attention they will give you...trust me."

modified review This review was modified by fmoles1 on December 09 2014 02:49:02 PM

"I am not sure where all the negative reviews are coming from. I have ordered dozens of products from them over the years and never had a negative experience.

They are my go to store for my outdoor shopping needs!

modified review This review was modified by e410wolf on December 09 2014 11:45:47 AM

"Paid for an order in full with a gift card: SG requires a credit or debit account# with all online purchases - gift card or not. One item was on back order so they deposited that amount into my checking account without notification. A couple days pass and the back ordered item arrives at the warehouse and SG then withdrawals the same amount + $1.00 - once again without notification.

Not even a courtesy call, no text or email notifying me that THEY HAD MANIPULATED MY CHECKING ACCOUNT!?

What if I had not been paying close attention and proceeded to reduce my checking account below that amount which was extracted by SG - without warning; Not only would I be liable for the balance, but also an insufficient funds penalty to the bank for the amount of $35.00

I DO NOT appreciate ANY online seller proceeding with transactions to or from my checking account without prior notification!!

No courtesy, no trust, no further business with the Sportsman's Guide.

El Fin

modified review This review was modified by DMecate on December 08 2014 08:54:47 PM

"While on vacation in Europe, had my credit card hacked. My Bank froze the card and of course, Sportsmans guide tried to debit a payment. Long story short, after an on the phone tiff with the worst customer support person ever, sent a check to pay off the amount. Check cashed, but account turned over to collection. Even with a cancelled check, still had to pay the amount due as the guide claimed the check amount went to a non-existent credit card balance I supposedly have??? Anyway, hope you never have an issue with this outfit! beware, as it appears they have thief's working in their company.

modified review This review was modified by gurkin on December 18 2014 05:50:14 AM

"I've worked 25 years in the shipping industry. The bad rap people give to sportsman guide mostly is the fault of the shipper, or the person placing the order. The product descriptions are clear,and if not to ship timely I'm contacted with choices. I prefer this company over many others,also I don't work for sportsman guide just a happy customer."

modified review This review was modified by fathero on November 27 2014 06:55:15 AM

"Order a hydraulic trigger release when I received the conformation I noticed that it was going to be sent to the wrong address. When I contacted Sportsmans Guide they told me they could not do any thing because it was ready to be shipped and to call Fedex. Called FedEx and they told me they could not change the address unless the sender (sportsman guide) changed it. I contacted Sportsman Guide again and they still refused to change the address even though I was more than willing to pay for the address change charge. They still refused and told me it was my fault there for I had to figure out how to get a package. This package going to be sent 900 some miles away to address I no longer lived. Sportsman Guide was more than willing to charge me for a second one to get shipped to the correct address. I did not want to but I did the funny thing it was damaged on arrival!!!!! I called for the fourth (4th) time this time about both orders. Well lets just say "the costumer is always wrong" and I never did get to say the second order was damaged on delivery, I’m glad this was not a $1000 item either way very poor business practice. ----Never again will I order through them or recommend them to anyone----"

"Ordered a spam can of 7.62x54r ammo from this website. Found a coupon online for free shipping. It arrived FedEx 6 days later including the weekend. All in all it was cheaper than my lgs, so that works for me.

I saw other bad reviews for this site but I took a chance and it a great experience for me.

People are always quick to give bad reviews but seldom take the time for good reviews these days, the choice is yours.

modified review This review was modified by mosinMan125 on November 19 2014 11:58:56 AM

"I ordered a robe, it was inexpensive, I received it in a timely fashion. However, it is very poorly made, uneven stitches, stitches coming undone, may last a month, but I think if I wash it, it will fall apart. You do get what you pay for. Would not order from again."

"I ordered a product overnight and it shipped that same day which is great. On the website it never said that this product couldn't be shipped overnight, so I look later that night and it was shipped FedEx smart post and was scheduled to arrive 5 business days later, keep in mind I live within 1.5 hours from their building. It would have been 1 day ground, but I overnighted so that it had priority. I called and talked to their customer service and got a refund on the shipping(they would have kept my money for the overnight had I not pursued it). I called back to see if I could order another product and pay for Saturday delivery and the customer service rep was defensive and condescending. She kept passing the buck onto FEDEX. I told her she is going to need learn a lot about customer service relations if she is going to be effective in this industry. She immediately went on to defend her lack of tact. The product mishap was annoying, but forgivable, but what isn't forgivable was how it was handled by Joyce in customer service. "

modified review This review was modified by gooseantlers on November 07 2014 11:54:41 AM

"Signed up for the buyers club and haven't been able to use my newly created customer number to get the advertised discount on products.

Highly do NOT recommend this merchant.

modified review This review was modified by thenrich on November 04 2014 06:51:47 PM

"Horrible! Don't ever expect a product to be delivered, a response to be made by the company or refund to show up. NEVER AGAIN. Worst experience ever."

modified review This review was modified by wontbuyatsportmansguideagain on November 04 2014 02:34:37 PM

"These guys stink!!! Their customer service is a joke!! Ordered item with original ship date of 10/23, which was two weeks after order date, no problem if shipped at that time. Called Sportsmansguide every few days to verify everything is OK. Assured each time or given canned answer. Bottom line after many calls and one week after reported ship date got email stating new ship date would be 12/12!!! Screwed up trip plans as item was necessary for trip. Would have ordered other product or from different company if I had known. Also their merchandise is not that great of price when you consider most of their stuff is discontinued models. Do your homework and you can beat their price every time with better quality. "

modified review This review was modified by cujo0416 on October 30 2014 06:47:45 AM

Sportsmans Guide is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sportsmans Guide is not a merchant member
Sportsmans Guide does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!