• Sportsmans Guid

Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.13/10 3.13/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10

2015-07-14

"Very poor customer service. They publish expected dates for product availability that are completely unreliable, changing these dates because they don't know when they are getting anything. Their relations with their mfg./vendors/dist. are pitiful. If you don't know when product is going to be available, don't publish an "expected" date, just say "unknown."

This review was modified by thomasst on July 14 2015 08:36:27 AM

2015-07-06

"this is the worst company every. customer service suck. the customer rep to called me son. very unprofessional. they cancelled my membership and said it had expire last year June 2014 when i only signed up in march 2015. worst company to buy from."

2015-06-12

"Poor Customer Service and order resolution. They described a product on their website incorrectly. It was missing some parts that made it legal to use.

I called them on the phone prior to purchase to verify the accuracy of the product and customer service assured me the rifle was as described. Not the case! I called customer service after receiving the item to ask them to send me these additional parts or cover the cost to purchase directly from the supplier but they refused. I will never purchase from this retailer again!"

2015-06-10

"This is the worst company I have ever dealt with.
The first order sent the product was not what was described, and I spoke with customer service to verify the product first.
I returned it to get the original product. They sent the new order to the wrong address.
Again I did this over the phone with customer service.
I call customer service again and they will not fix the error.
They are incompetent and very rude and unprofessional
The customer service "Supervisor", "Mike", no I.D.#, just Mike was so rude he actually was insulting me and telling me that "He could not fix me" trying to bait me into getting angry.
I am appalled that there are people in customer service who act in this manner.
I order weekly online and will never use this company again."

This review was modified by Never5 on June 10 2015 02:31:35 PM

2015-05-24

"Have always been pleased with dealing with them. Which availability has been a problem at times, their prices on ammunition has always been the best. They consistently ship quick."

2015-05-19

"BOYCOTT THIS UN-AMERICAN COMPANY! Their SHIPPING RESTRICTIONS are unreal, check them for yourselves! I joined the Buyer's Club before I realized this, they cheated me on the refund of the unused Buyer's Club discount when I requested closure of my account.

They will NOT ship a SPRING-ASSISTED KNIFE over 2" to CALIFORNIA! They must be the ONLY company in the USA that WILL NOT. Spring-assisted knives are TOTALLY LEGAL in CALIFORNIA. Customer support does NOT CARE! This is only the most EXTREME of MANY egregious SHIPPING RESTRICTIONS this company has. This company has been reported to KNIFE RIGHTS many times!

Support USA owned and supporting companies and DO NOT PURCHASE from SPORTSMAN'S GUIDE or their related companies!"

2015-05-11

"I ordered for the first time from sportsman's warehouse and they sent me an email with an amazing price on this scope. When I ordered it, the website said it was backordered and I would get it at the end of June. Needless to say, they send me an email saying it was cancelled because it was backordered. When I called they said it was cancelled due to a pricing error, but in the email they did not say that. I asked why they were dishonest and was told it is not dishonest to not tell the truth. I spoke with a supervisor who told me he would not be satisfied if he was the customer, yet was unwilling to do anything for a first time buy. PLEASE NOTE they had no problem charging my credit card for the 30 dollar membership fee. Stick with optics plant or some other company that does not have deceptive business practices. I will be contacting the better business bureau and post this on as many forums as possible, as I bet you they will delete this as they deleted comments from other customers regarding this pricing error. And no I don't expect them to eat 300 dollars on scope, but they could at the very least give me one or a similar one a slightly above their cost, and not charge me for a membership I bought because of their pricing error. Also, don't lie and say it was canceled because it was backordered, tell the truth and send an email saying it was a pricing error. Be warned this company is shady."

This review was modified by Dan789 on May 11 2015 03:31:18 PM

2015-04-01

"I've ordered ammo twice from Sportsman's Guide and both times I have received my order in less than a week. So I'll continue to order from them until they give me a reason not to."

This review was modified by EnriqueG1982 on April 01 2015 02:21:57 PM

2015-02-27

"I sent in two large orders within a few weeks apart. After almost a month with no delivery or explanation, I got online to track my order. One of them was cancelled and the other one was about to be for "non verification of information." The service rep Tim was rude and accused me of not being who I said I was. He said my phone number was not the one the bank had. Well I called the bank and everything matched up just fine. The bottom line is I had well over $1,000 tied up for a month because an incompetent company and workers cannot do their job. I will never EVER shop here again!!!"

This review was modified by contractor419 on February 27 2015 01:47:56 PM

2015-02-23

"Well, I should have read the reviews before I ordered. At the beginning of February I ordered 2 - 30 round magazines. Just got them this week after waiting over three weeks. Only had one in the box. Called them and now I am told I will hear back from them in up to two weeks! This is ridiculous. I have learned my lesson. Never buying from these guys again. My advice to anyone thinking about buying anything from them?...Stay away!"

This review was modified by dennyj-81147 on February 23 2015 03:18:53 PM

2015-02-11

"These guys are shady. I recently placed an order for a triple bunk bed. The website said it was in stock and my bank account was instantly debited $400. Right after I placed my order the status of the item on their website changed to "out of stock". I thought this was great since I had apparently purchased the last one. Six hours later they sent me an email saying that their shipping department screwed up and the item actually was not in stock when I placed my order, and that I would receive a refund sometime "in the next two billing cycles". Ten minutes after I received the email informing me that the item was not in stock and they effectively loaned themselves $400 of my money the status of the item on their website changed to "In Stock". I would caution anyone to avoid doing business with this company."

2015-01-24

"I placed an order and used a free shipping coupon code. The next day, Sportsman's Guide called to inform me that they would need to charge me additional shipping due to the weight of my order. Apparently, they feel that "free shipping" and "$20 off shipping" are synonymous. The representative blamed it on their shopping cart not providing real-time shipping quotes and that's somehow my fault which required I pay for their shortcoming. Buyer beware. if you order too much and they stand to pay an extra $25 on shipping, they'll invalidate your free shipping coupon code and call it a $20 credit. Personally, I don't care about $25. I care about the principle of being told I was getting free shipping only to be later told that because of the weight of my order, they wouldn't be living up to the terms of the agreement formed when I checked out. Ironically, based on the way their cart "calculates" shipping (seems to be a set amount by order weight), I would guess they never refund the difference to the customer if actual shipping charges are less than what the customer is charged. Shady company to say the least and I doubt I'll ever be making another purchase."

This review was modified by THT1982 on January 24 2015 03:57:10 PM

2015-01-12

"DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM! I don't recommend ever ordering from this company.

Ordered my first item from Sportsman's Guide on 12/14/2014, a pair of hunting boots, for $190. Waited over a week and still no boots so called to get the status and found they were on back order. At that point I asked the lady to cancel my order as it was a Christmas present. She told me it was no problem I was not charged because they were on back order anyway. I then went to the local store and bought a similar pair of boots. On January 7th I noticed while reviewing my bank account that sportsman guide charged my credit card $190. I called to find out that they had shipped the boots that same day and a customer care specialist did not take the property steps to cancel my order the first time. I was told I would have to refuse the order from Fedex and once they received them back in stock they would process a refund to my card. I was promised a phone call within 48 hours giving me the status.

That was 5 days ago and have yet to receive a phone call. I emailed them on Friday and received a response that they were able to re-route the package back to them but I would still have to wait for the refund. It's been 6 days now and still nothing. I have contacted my back to fight the charge.

They are crooks! "

This review was modified by cpierce23 on January 12 2015 06:31:34 PM

2015-01-03

"Words cannot explain how disappointed I am. An item I ordered was on back order until 12/13/14. I did not receive it before Christmas. I then get an email stating that my order would be cancelled if the item did not ship. I send an email, and am told that i will receive said item on 12/31/14. Amazon then sent me an email saying my order has been cancelled. Through some emails, I do NOT get a clear answer as to weather or not I get the item or not. The Sportsmans Guide tells me that there is an order due to me on 1/8/15. I try to get confirmation regarding this, then they tell me I am not getting my order, as it was cancelled. There is obviously NO communication in their Customer Service Department. Anyone else as confused as I am right now? "

2015-01-02

"I've been ordering from SG for a little over a year. I've had a so-so experience over the last year or so. The prices seem to be pretty good, and they have a nice selection. However, be careful of their coupons, gift cards, and shipping. Pay very close attention, as the coupon and gift cards can have very short turnaround and limitations. Product shipment will vary widely. They do not charge until they ship. That's great until they do not communicate the delayed shipping, and thus delayed charge. My most recent issue is a delayed charge to a non-SG gift card. They charged the card after the expiration date, so it declined, and the money on the gift card was forfeited. Contacting customer service was a below average experience. The resolution was that it was all on me... so basically, there was no resolution. I've overlooked lots of delays and lack of clear communication over the last year or so. I'm pretty disappointed with SG's customer service, lack of proactive communication, and gimmicky promotions. The products are good, and can be pretty well priced, but be sure to do your homework, and expect slow shipping.

Alright, I've had several phone and email conversations with their customer service department. They are worse than I originally rated them. Updating my rating to bring them down to 1 star. Absolutely, terrible."

This review was modified by stewrat on January 05 2015 04:25:31 PM

Share Sportsmans Guide's store rating

Sportsmans Guide is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sportsmans Guide is not a merchant member
Sportsmans Guide does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!