Sportsmans GuiCoupons

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.02/10 2.02/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.31/10 2.31/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.50/10 1.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.42/10 0.42/10

"I sent in two large orders within a few weeks apart. After almost a month with no delivery or explanation, I got online to track my order. One of them was cancelled and the other one was about to be for "non verification of information." The service rep Tim was rude and accused me of not being who I said I was. He said my phone number was not the one the bank had. Well I called the bank and everything matched up just fine. The bottom line is I had well over $1,000 tied up for a month because an incompetent company and workers cannot do their job. I will never EVER shop here again!!!"

modified review This review was modified by contractor419 on February 27 2015 01:47:56 PM

"Well, I should have read the reviews before I ordered. At the beginning of February I ordered 2 - 30 round magazines. Just got them this week after waiting over three weeks. Only had one in the box. Called them and now I am told I will hear back from them in up to two weeks! This is ridiculous. I have learned my lesson. Never buying from these guys again. My advice to anyone thinking about buying anything from them?...Stay away!"

modified review This review was modified by dennyj-81147 on February 23 2015 03:18:53 PM

"These guys are shady. I recently placed an order for a triple bunk bed. The website said it was in stock and my bank account was instantly debited $400. Right after I placed my order the status of the item on their website changed to "out of stock". I thought this was great since I had apparently purchased the last one. Six hours later they sent me an email saying that their shipping department screwed up and the item actually was not in stock when I placed my order, and that I would receive a refund sometime "in the next two billing cycles". Ten minutes after I received the email informing me that the item was not in stock and they effectively loaned themselves $400 of my money the status of the item on their website changed to "In Stock". I would caution anyone to avoid doing business with this company."

"I placed an order and used a free shipping coupon code. The next day, Sportsman's Guide called to inform me that they would need to charge me additional shipping due to the weight of my order. Apparently, they feel that "free shipping" and "$20 off shipping" are synonymous. The representative blamed it on their shopping cart not providing real-time shipping quotes and that's somehow my fault which required I pay for their shortcoming. Buyer beware. if you order too much and they stand to pay an extra $25 on shipping, they'll invalidate your free shipping coupon code and call it a $20 credit. Personally, I don't care about $25. I care about the principle of being told I was getting free shipping only to be later told that because of the weight of my order, they wouldn't be living up to the terms of the agreement formed when I checked out. Ironically, based on the way their cart "calculates" shipping (seems to be a set amount by order weight), I would guess they never refund the difference to the customer if actual shipping charges are less than what the customer is charged. Shady company to say the least and I doubt I'll ever be making another purchase."

modified review This review was modified by THT1982 on January 24 2015 03:57:10 PM

"DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM! I don't recommend ever ordering from this company.

Ordered my first item from Sportsman's Guide on 12/14/2014, a pair of hunting boots, for $190. Waited over a week and still no boots so called to get the status and found they were on back order. At that point I asked the lady to cancel my order as it was a Christmas present. She told me it was no problem I was not charged because they were on back order anyway. I then went to the local store and bought a similar pair of boots. On January 7th I noticed while reviewing my bank account that sportsman guide charged my credit card $190. I called to find out that they had shipped the boots that same day and a customer care specialist did not take the property steps to cancel my order the first time. I was told I would have to refuse the order from Fedex and once they received them back in stock they would process a refund to my card. I was promised a phone call within 48 hours giving me the status.

That was 5 days ago and have yet to receive a phone call. I emailed them on Friday and received a response that they were able to re-route the package back to them but I would still have to wait for the refund. It's been 6 days now and still nothing. I have contacted my back to fight the charge.

They are crooks!

modified review This review was modified by cpierce23 on January 12 2015 06:31:34 PM

"Words cannot explain how disappointed I am. An item I ordered was on back order until 12/13/14. I did not receive it before Christmas. I then get an email stating that my order would be cancelled if the item did not ship. I send an email, and am told that i will receive said item on 12/31/14. Amazon then sent me an email saying my order has been cancelled. Through some emails, I do NOT get a clear answer as to weather or not I get the item or not. The Sportsmans Guide tells me that there is an order due to me on 1/8/15. I try to get confirmation regarding this, then they tell me I am not getting my order, as it was cancelled. There is obviously NO communication in their Customer Service Department. Anyone else as confused as I am right now? "

"I've been ordering from SG for a little over a year. I've had a so-so experience over the last year or so. The prices seem to be pretty good, and they have a nice selection. However, be careful of their coupons, gift cards, and shipping. Pay very close attention, as the coupon and gift cards can have very short turnaround and limitations. Product shipment will vary widely. They do not charge until they ship. That's great until they do not communicate the delayed shipping, and thus delayed charge. My most recent issue is a delayed charge to a non-SG gift card. They charged the card after the expiration date, so it declined, and the money on the gift card was forfeited. Contacting customer service was a below average experience. The resolution was that it was all on me... so basically, there was no resolution. I've overlooked lots of delays and lack of clear communication over the last year or so. I'm pretty disappointed with SG's customer service, lack of proactive communication, and gimmicky promotions. The products are good, and can be pretty well priced, but be sure to do your homework, and expect slow shipping.

Alright, I've had several phone and email conversations with their customer service department. They are worse than I originally rated them. Updating my rating to bring them down to 1 star. Absolutely, terrible.

modified review This review was modified by stewrat on January 05 2015 04:25:31 PM

"So disappointed, Placed an order on 12/9/14 for a pair of work boots for my husband ($200).. kept checking the shipping date, and today 12/26/14 15 days after original purchase im informed (only because i called to check on order) that they canceled it because the vendor couldn't fulfill product.. Will probably NEVER do business with this company again!!!"

modified review This review was modified by cutbushm on December 26 2014 09:31:30 AM

"The Sportsmans Guide. Seems like a decent place to do business with. Lots of different products at what at first appears to be good prices, but I caution you to shop around. Many of TSG's prices can be easily beat by MANY on-line retailers, many who offer free shipping. Additionally, if you purchase an item at a price that seems to good to be true, that's probably because it is. Quite likely an inferior quality item.
Now for the real problem, customer service. Specifically when they make an error, and their unwillingness to make it right. I ordered a sling pack item WXZ-622162 in coyote, and received od green. The item is now sold out and not returning. They have the same bag with a different item number WXZ-293760 by Red Rock. At this time 12/20/2014 1:30pm central the photograph for these two items is IDENTICAL. Not one pixel different. However The Sportsmans Guide will NOT exchange the wrong bag they sent me for this one claiming they are not the same. Seems like they have had Red Rock brand the over stock of this bag so that they can charge over 2 1/2 times the original cost ($44.99 vs $17.49). Try it for your self. Toggle between two different tabs with the two different items, one on each tab. If they are not identical they have changed them in response to my complaint. Again their error AND their unwillingness to make it right.

modified review This review was modified by Posum on December 20 2014 11:59:37 AM

"Avoid the "CLUB" it is a rip off. It took me a couple of years for it to sink in. Watch the prices on items. If you are offered a members only sale, the prices are usually raised to make up the difference of the discount."

modified review This review was modified by lostpuppy on December 19 2014 12:45:17 PM

"Ordered a $20 item because they promised a $10 gift card with any purchase. I received the card on 12/18 and it expires 12/25. Looks like I get a screwing for Christmas. "

"This is the most bad company to buy something. I order 2 cases for air rifles, they only delivery one. I write my complain and my answer was: ...2 Cases... nothing more. I print de FedEx tracking facts and sent to the guy (Bill Jorgensen), and he said....can you give me the tracking number to check? after 6 days without a response I ask again and he respond: What is happening with you, I show we deliver 2 cases (He never send me nothing). They don't read your e-mails, may be because they have a lot of problems. They are not educated, they are not preocupated to resolve their mistakes, so I really do't understand how a company like this SPORTSMAN still in the market. They are terrible. Do you want tho chek...buy something from this company, and you will know how bad they are. Is not only for the money, it's for a kind of attention they will give you...trust me."

modified review This review was modified by fmoles1 on December 09 2014 02:49:02 PM

"I am not sure where all the negative reviews are coming from. I have ordered dozens of products from them over the years and never had a negative experience.

They are my go to store for my outdoor shopping needs!

modified review This review was modified by e410wolf on December 09 2014 11:45:47 AM

"Paid for an order in full with a gift card: SG requires a credit or debit account# with all online purchases - gift card or not. One item was on back order so they deposited that amount into my checking account without notification. A couple days pass and the back ordered item arrives at the warehouse and SG then withdrawals the same amount + $1.00 - once again without notification.

Not even a courtesy call, no text or email notifying me that THEY HAD MANIPULATED MY CHECKING ACCOUNT!?

What if I had not been paying close attention and proceeded to reduce my checking account below that amount which was extracted by SG - without warning; Not only would I be liable for the balance, but also an insufficient funds penalty to the bank for the amount of $35.00

I DO NOT appreciate ANY online seller proceeding with transactions to or from my checking account without prior notification!!

No courtesy, no trust, no further business with the Sportsman's Guide.

El Fin

modified review This review was modified by DMecate on December 08 2014 08:54:47 PM

"While on vacation in Europe, had my credit card hacked. My Bank froze the card and of course, Sportsmans guide tried to debit a payment. Long story short, after an on the phone tiff with the worst customer support person ever, sent a check to pay off the amount. Check cashed, but account turned over to collection. Even with a cancelled check, still had to pay the amount due as the guide claimed the check amount went to a non-existent credit card balance I supposedly have??? Anyway, hope you never have an issue with this outfit! beware, as it appears they have thief's working in their company.

modified review This review was modified by gurkin on December 18 2014 05:50:14 AM

Share Sportsmans Guide's store rating

Sportsmans Guide is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sportsmans Guide is not a merchant member
Sportsmans Guide does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!