Stores > Sportsmans Guide
  • Sportsmans Guid

Product & services pricing Rating 3.13/10 3.13/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.11/10 1.11/10
Voice your opinion! Review Sportsmans Guide by clicking a star below.
2017-03-14

They are not honest - nasty customer service

"I purchase a brand new gun! Unfortunately it came with a lot of scratches! Do not buy their additional package shipping warranty because they will not warranty or help you, instead they will tell you to go to the manufacturer. I wish I saw all these negative reviews before buying from them. They truly are Criminals and should not be selling guns/weapons. I think they should have these people locked up! I will never give a penny to this company ever again!!!! "

This review was modified by Vancap007 on March 14 2017 11:45:01 PM

2017-02-27

Scammed for shipping and ammo cost!!! Stay away!!

"I got scammed for shipping and higher price on ammo!! Emailed several times since Christmas to sort it out, but the new bill was even higher after saying that they'll deduct some shipping cost which was supposed to be free!! They dragged it out until my 4th club member payment to get all my money!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS WEBSITE!!!! DON"T DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!!"

This review was modified by Rev.Maker on February 27 2017 03:45:02 AM

2017-01-17

Very poor customer service and un-customer friendly company policies (Buyer beware)

"I had a recent experience with SportsmansGuide.com where the items in my order were incorrect and the company refused to allow me to exchange the items for what was purchased. I had a difficult time getting a response from customer service and in the end they refused to make right the issues that needed to be addressed. It was expressed that this large company does not care enough about individual customers to resolve the issues they are having to prevent loss of a customer. I will not be purchasing anything from this company in the future and i would advised others to be careful because you may not receive what you ordered and not have the ability to get a refund or exchange."

This review was modified by ShawnNoble81 on February 23 2017 08:33:07 PM

2016-12-26

Bait and steal

"Ordered an XDS 3.3 single stack on 12/16. The gun was IN STOCK at the time I purchased it on the 4 pay plan. I kept checking the status and it said in process. I emailed them last Friday, a week later, and said Springfield Armory was having "processing issues" and that it would be shipped as soon as the issue was resolved. Go on the website today and all XD's are out of stock. When I call SG, the automated system tells me that the order is on hold, so I talk to Oliver, the flunkie. I tell them to cancel the order since it is on hold and the item is backordered. Oliver said they can't do that and that I would have to wait til it got to the ffl and then return it. So they baited me into a purchasing a backordered item, charged me before they even had an item to ship, and and now they get to make money on an item which they have no idea of when it will ship. I've used other pay plans before and not one of them ever charged until the item shipped. I will always give them a **** review and bad publicity from here on out."

This review was modified by heelrman on February 23 2017 08:33:54 PM

2016-12-22

DO NOT BUY FROM THESE LIARS AND THEIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"They messed with the wrong girl. I give reviews on every company. To start, it is now December 22nd and they received my gun on December 13th sending me a return email saying the refund was processed and I STILL DONT HAVE MY MONEY IN MY ACCOUNT. I WILL BE FILING CLAIM WITH MY BANK AS I HAVE BEEN INSTRUCTED TO DO. Also, THEY SENT ME THE WRONG FUCKING GUN AND LIED TO ME!!!!! I ordered a Springfield XDS-S Semi Automatic 9mm, 3.3 barrel 8+1/9+1 rounds and they sent me a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT MODEL (7+1/8+1/) AND TRIED TO TELL ME THIS IS WHAT I ORDERED YET DO THEY KNOW I HAVE A PICTURE OF MY CHECKOUT PAGE!!! Not to mention, THEY CHARGED ME A 15% RESTOCKING FEE AND A SHIPPING CHARGE THAT NEVER EVEN MADE IT TO MY FFL DEALER TAKING AWAY ABOUT $60 OFF MY TOTAL ORDER!!!!! I had called and spoke with about 3 different people and they all told me the same thing that I wouldn't be charged because it never even made its way to the FFL dealer and than by the time I got around to speaking with the supervisor he tries to tell me that "I was told the fees were going to be applied" which is a BOLD FACE LIE AND I ASKED FOR THE PHONE RECORDINGS AND I GUESS THEY DONT RECORD CALLS. These people are LIARS, UNPROFESSIONAL, SCAM ARTISTS, AND RUDE EMPLOYEES! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM OR THEY WILL SCREW YOU OVER!!!!!!!!! SINCERELY ONE FUCKING ANGRY GIRL."

This review was modified by jessica_guiberson1 on February 23 2017 08:33:30 PM

2016-12-22

Sportsman's Guide Employees Hate Gun Sales

"Worthless customer service, they take their paycheck and sabotage sales. I hope Sportsman's Guide management wises up. These people are against guns sales, but accept a paycheck. I will never purchase from them again, or act as a transfer agent for them. They ship with FedEx, but FedEx will not allow you to pickup a package if it contains a gun. They say they do not want guns in their distribution location........but yet they will ship them with a 12 hour delivery window. Go figure."

This review was modified by Randyman1 on February 23 2017 08:33:38 PM

2016-12-13

RUN FOR YOU LIFE BEFORE YOU DEAL WITH THESE CROOKS !

"Brads deals sent me to their site with free shipping code. It was so confusing about joining club which was free for 3 months. Tried to buy but they added shipping. Found same shoe on Amazon PRIME. Ordered. 4 days later email comes from them saying "no shoes". I contacted Amazon who said they were being processed and shipped. 2 days later, email from Amazon canceling order. Today, I saw they were advertising my shoes again. Went to site, the only size they had in stock was the one I wanted so I gave all credit card info and bought. 15 minutes later they canceled but 2 charges are on my card. I called, woman was beligerant, telling me how many angry people are calling like me and she sounds like she is the victim.Says they have been in business 29 years, I had to give HER item number for shoes and she then tells me "oh, I have a pair of those, I love them".Wow, that was the topping on the cake. BUT, THOSE SHOES were discontinued LONG time ago.THEN WHY ARE THEY BEING ADVERTISED EVERYWHERE?? BBB needs to know their crooked business practices. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM AND THEY WILL GO AWAY! Site says everything is in stock."

This review was modified by shopper2132 on February 23 2017 08:33:56 PM

2016-12-12

Suspect billing practices, terrible communication and customer service

"Over the years, I've made numerous online firearms purchases, and they have always been a straightforward experience, despite the necessary paperwork, licensing, and shipping requirements..

Sportsman's guide COMPLETELY ruined that. In starting a custom rifle build, I decided to purchase a stripped Remington M700 action from them. I made the purchase on Thanksgiving Day, and selected one of their "Preferred" FFL dealers to make the transfer. I made a couple attempts to call this preferred dealer of theirs, but got only voicemail. I assumed this was because of the holiday weekend. Sportsmans Guide shipped the action on Monday (so of course I assumed their FFL preferred dealer relationship was all Kosher). I then received a call saying that the dealer was out of business, and that they were cancelling the order. Normally, this wouldn't be a huge deal, more of an inconvenience... however they are charging me a 15% restocking fee, a $5 firearm fee, and are refusing to refund the withheld CA sales tax (even though they are a MN company).

I called numerous times to try and make the order work. The options I offered were: 1. Issue a full refund, since I had followed their policy in trying to contact one of their "prefered" dealers and they shipped without verification. 2. Allow me to pay the fees (shipping/processing) associated with just shipping it back to the FFL of my choice 3. Issue me a full refund in store credit.

They promised a call back within a business day. I never got it, so I called them back a few days later. Talking to numerous people, they refused to make anything work to make a happy customer. They've definitely lost all future business from me.

This review was modified by dbauer26 on February 23 2017 08:34:49 PM

2016-11-01

They Use bait and switch ordred german police sweaters recived german army

"They use bait and switch had 3 orders now. Where they picture one thing and send a completely diffent item. German police sweaters have a german police patch not a german flag. Croation police jackets with patch had no patches. New unissuied camo shuirts were dirty had names in them and full of holes. Avoid Sportsmens guide if you can they lie like a rug"

This review was modified by cheneyproductions on February 23 2017 08:34:46 PM

2016-10-18

Expedited Shipping On Backordered Product.

"Ordered Diehard Platinum Battery Jumper was a decent price so paid the extra money to get faster shipping. Got an email the next day that the product was back ordered until 11/13 yet they charged me for the expedited shipping. Sent a $5 coupon for my trouble but nothing else despite me paying more that double that for the faster shipping... Spoke to Kaitlyn in customer service who sighed during the conversation and made me feel like I being a pain for cancelling my order. No offer of waiving the shipping or any sort of apology. Wow. Never will do business again with this company. "

This review was modified by themaddoosra on February 23 2017 08:34:58 PM

2016-10-04

Not a satisfied customer

"The statement on Sportsman’s Guide’s website indicating “The Best Guarantee in the Business” – Satisfaction Guarantee – Lowest Price Guarantee” is not true.

They will not honor their guarantee to price match within 30 days of purchase of a product and told me to read the fine print.

NOT a satisfied customer.

This review was modified by qwerty01 on February 23 2017 08:34:25 PM

2016-09-17

Very fast delivery.

"Placed order for ammo 9mm on 9/11/16. Submitted driver license and FOID over the email. In couple days received email that my driver license expired and they need new one. I resent email with documents and called store FOID department. Tim from FOID department reviewed confirmed everything within 5 minutes and order was released for delivery. Received my order on 9/16/16."

This review was modified by Eugene_P on September 17 2016 02:14:16 PM

2016-09-17

Fast and Free shipping

"Ordered a patio rug on Monday and received it Saturday!! Exactly as pictured!! No complaints. "

2016-08-17

They don't deserve your business

"Terrible and utterly useless customer service. Ridiculous first-time customer process which does everything in its power to discourage making you a second-time customer. The order of an in-stock item didn't go out for a full week as they went through a order verification process that ultimately involved my verifying the order 4 (yes, FOUR) times. But even then, I was told my order would be cancelled because they couldn't verify the billing address so they had me on a conference call with my bank - something I've never had to do ever in my long history of online purchases. The reason they couldn't verify it? They gave the bank the wrong street number even though the correct one was entered. So it's apparent the verification process is manual and subject to error from uncaring employees. Why do I presume that? Well...

There is a total and complete unwillingness to write any wrongs, so customer service offers no actual service of any kind. The kicker (and I'll admit, it's subjective) but when they know you're dissatisfied, they take an attitude that's so obviously that they absolutely don't care. I could swear I heard them pull the phone or headset away when I was explaining myself. I could be wrong, but it would certainly be in line with the pointlessness of voicing your concerns to them.

They quite simply don't deserve your business. Shop elsewhere.

This review was modified by anthony_nalli on February 23 2017 08:34:59 PM

2016-08-08

How to lose a long time customer

"Sportsman's Guide just lost a 10+ year member over 2 days and $17.69. They refused to honor a price match because I notified them 2 days past the 30 day policy even thou it took them almost 10 days to send me the item. They not only lost 1 customer, because right now the 80+ member of my hunting club knows as well as my other family members who have been long time customers."

This review was modified by db04601 on February 23 2017 08:35:05 PM

Share Sportsmans Guide's store rating

Sportsmans Guide is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sportsmans Guide is not a merchant member
Sportsmans Guide does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!