Stores > Sportsdirect
  • Sportsdirect

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
Voice your opinion! Review Sportsdirect by clicking a star below.
2017-03-27

Stay away! Absolutely the worst "Customer Service" I have ever dealt with

"I had ordered from the site for four times. The goods came ok but anything afterwards was my absolute the worst experience with online sellers.
So, I will not do the same mistake ever again.
My only advice is to stay away from the seller because they tend to do false marketing (let's call it by its real name: lying) and afterwards, they will just ignore your e-mails.
Specifically, they gave me "the gift voucher" after some amount of money spent. After some time, I have used it or just I thought I did, silly me.
When my credit card invoice came, I found out that they had charged me for the full amount. Nevertheless, they still deducted the amount from the gift voucher.
I did get the replay on my first e-mail, a rude and a very offensive one. My second and the third attempt to ask for their mistake to be corrected, was simply ignored.
So, I admit to be naive and to believe that such a big seller will conduct its business in correct manner.
My bad. Won't happen again.
Do not make the same mistake I have made.

2017-01-31

Useless customer service and after sales process

"Very poor online shopping experience. Customer Service (CS) does not exist in this company. If you are placing and order online and if anything goes wrong with the order (even if it’s not your fault) - don't even waste your time contacting customer service via email or phone. Without a doubt worst shopping experience I have had over years. Placed an order nearly for £100, only to find out that couple of items I requested were out of stock (even through website was showing them available so not my fault if website was not updated). Hence as a result I wanted to cancel my order to avoid items being shipped to me only for them to be returned back. Tried multiple emails to CS team, no reply. Tried calling them, after over half an hour wait on premium number, finally got to a CS agent who believe it or not didn't even listen to my issue fully and hung up on me and at the ended up the order which I didn't really want and only way is to post them back which will cost me arm and a leg.
So in a nutshell poor very poor experience. Word of advice for others:
- be absolutely sure when you placing order as order amendments will never work in this company,
- even the website shows available, don't have high hopes as their website is not reflecting the actual items whether if they are or aren't in stock,
- Even if sports direct messes the order up from their side, definitely don't hold your breath in getting any sort response form their CS team via email.
- Even if you find their number - don't waste your time and money calling their CS premium number. After waiting for ages in the queue, they have tendency to just dis-connect the call when you are talking to them.
Though can be good bargains on the website - but after-sales and customer service is not even quality of a 3rd/4th/5th or even 6th world retailer. **** poor.

2017-01-10

Returns

"If I keep posting this someone will eventually deal with my complaint, won't they?
You can't even shame them in to action. They get so much negative feedback that they just ignore it, like water off a duck's back !!
I returned some faulty golf shoes and socks to Sports Direct.
They wouldn't replace them. They said they were out of stock although they're still showing on their website. I presume that it is because the shoes have increased in price since I bought them.
They replaced the part that was paid by a gift voucher with another voucher..
They haven't refunded the balance, which was paid with a Credit Card that I no longer use.
They completely ignore repeated emails about the balance due to me.
I wouldn't deal with them again, you can decide for yourselves

2016-11-08

Annoyed

"I ordered at 9.43 am yesterday and paid for next day delivery and I still haven't received my order, Where is it? "

2016-07-11

Theives

"1 item missing from my parcel. No refund."

2015-08-03

"WOULD DO A MINUS 7 BUT I CANT SO 1 WILL DO.
(shop in Manchester arndale)
went to the shop in Manchester arndale last week, I felt victimized by a member of staff, in fact not just staff CASUAL STAFF, PART TIME!!1
After walking around the store whispering to different members of staff about me, she then went on to make a formal complaint to the POLICE. Then the manager WHO WAS NOT THERE AT THE TIME told the police they witnessed me threatening her.
I have now been told not to return to that sports direct again: im banned HAHAHA.
What happened to the customer is always right? I honestly recommend you avoid that shop, built on lies and they employ a bunch of immature, non-experienced, uneducated teenagers who know nothing about being a sales assistant.
I felt victimized and intimidated by a member of staff, but im in the wrong?
haha the manager was probably paid to say they witnessed it, that's how faulty the business is.
Also I spend £150-£200 in that specific shop during Christmas time which is only 5 months away but I would rather go elsewhere than go to any sportsdirect again.
I also have £60 worth of love2shop vouchers for sportsdirect, which will be a waste because there going right back, they deserve no money and I hope the business ends soon.
Lost a reliable customer over a teenager? what a joke.

2015-07-26

"I went to the Woking branch last Friday to buy a pair of training shoes, picked a pair i likes and tried then on and they fitted, cost was £75. The shoes were black and white in colour and the right shoe was on display. The display shoe was dusty and had a stain on it. I asked the attended if could have a new pair that was not on display but was told that they only keep one size in store and if i wanted it I had to buy that pair. Of course I rejected it. The store/attended/sports direct wanted to sell me what is effectively second hand goods at full price. Not aceptable!!!!!!

I walked over to Milliets opposite found a similar shoe, the attended was very helpful, helped me select the shoe, had a new shoe in the stock, I spent £90. Well worth the money.

Sibat

2015-07-23

"Several weeks ago I brought (x12) items through their online store & when the package arrived one of the more expensive items from inside was missing - in its place was an empty plastic bag which looked to of been damaged by a machine from the factory or warehouse.

I immediately contacted customer support & supplied photo evidence - I was told several days later that they would investigate the matter but I've not heard anything since.

They now ignore all emails & any New customer support tickets go unanswered.

Pure theft & poor customer service - I'll never use Sportsdirect again.

2015-07-02

"I went into the LEEDS Headrow branch amd bought some trainers advertised at £24.99. When the sale was processed and I checked the receipt I was charged £32. When I asked I was told that this was the price so requested a refund as I had already paid using my credit card. I was offered a CREDIT NOTE but NO REFUND. Apparently NO REFUNDS are available at SPORTS DIRECT and only CREDIT NOTES. I complained and spoke to the Manager who said the Company policy was NO REFUNDS! Shoppers beware! "

2015-02-28

"I made an order on Thursday (before 7pm as per delivery T&C's) and paid £6 for next day delivery meaning it should have arrived yesterday. It didn't. And the tracking info provided will not let me track the parcel properly. I emailed customer services and asked for a refund of my delivery charge and their response was to tell me that the order is on its way and provide another link to the useless parcel tracker. No mention of a refund and no apology for poor service. At the end of the day they have taken my money for a service they failed to provide. Will not use again.

2015-02-18

"had major issues placing an order on their website, it kept changing my delivery address, anyway when I received confirmation email of my order i realised the delivery address was still wrong. (kept defaulting to my registration address for my card) I immediately responded within 10 minutes asking them to despatch to my required address or cancel the order (I sent three copies of the same email), that was on the sunday, I received an email on the Monday about 13:00 saying they had despatched to the address on the order and I was unable to cancel or amend the delivery address.

Thankfully the courier was extremely helpful and professional and I eventually got my order. Upon opening my order I discovered my running shoes had the security tag on them, and one of my items was missing. I contacted sports direct by email (because they don't have any contact telephone numbers) and I received an email (no apology) saying they need a photo of the parcel contents and print/complete/post the non receipt of goods disclaimer and the investigation may take 2-10 days to resolve!!!! seriously this company is a joke, their shops are full of young kids who don't care about their customers so I stopped shopping in the store, thought id have better luck online and that is even worse. I WILL NEVER BUY OFF THIS COMPANY EVER AGAIN... they may be cheap, but as buyer id prefer to have confidence in the company im buying off. Stay clear of them,... there are other companies offering similar prices and A MUCH BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

2015-01-08

"STEER CLEAR OF THESE GUYS OR SUFFER AT YOUR PERIL. Bought a tracksuit with faulty top from them They only refund the top half as they sauy it is MY CHOICE to wear it as a set. They sell as seperate items!!. No one at head office cares Dave.forsey@sportsdirect.com Mike.ashley@sportsdirect.com you should be asahmed YOU DESERVE ZERO STARS. DO NOT SHOP THERE I REPEAT DO NOT SHOP THERE"

2013-12-16

"The company is very wired. They used DHL, every expensive courier, to ship but they are unwilling to buy packing boxes. I received my items packed simply in a plastic bag! All the items are damaged to some extent. None of them are suitable for gifts. The most frustrating shopping experience in my life!!
I contacted them via email, no response at one week at all. No customer service phone number is provided on their website!
Disappointed that Trustpilot does not allow to give a 0 star rating. If yes, I would definitely give 0 star for this company!

2012-12-20

"I would like to complain about the manager Tony Ballad. I believe I have rights to refund if the item I purchased is wrong. Unfortunately today I was forced to accept gift card which I didn't wanted. I wanted full refund to my visa card. The above manager wasn't helpful and all he said was to complain to customer service. Still waiting for a reply from customer services."

2012-07-05

"I ordered 2 pairs of selsport elite goalkeeper gloves. I usually buy my football gear from prodirectsoccer.com (recommended) but as they were £5 cheaper per pairi thought i'd try sports direct. What a mistake that turned out to be! When i first ripped the packet open signs were not good. Both glove cases had rips, one was completley ripped down all 3 sides, and was only being held together by the velcro fastener. I may have been able to overlook the case catastrophe, were it not for what i found inside. The first pair of gloves i got out had a lot of grip missing on both index fingers and a thumb. The second had the same trouble, except one of the gloves also had a rip on the side! To top it all off my "free gift", a sports direct mug, turned out to be a box full of porcelain pieces. I have sent customer services multiple e-mails and i am yet to receive a reply. "

Share Sportsdirect's store rating

Sportsdirect is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sportsdirect is not a merchant member
Sportsdirect does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!