Stores > Sportsdirect
  • Sportsdirect

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review Sportsdirect by clicking a star below.
2017-08-21

Never buy an item form this company while living in USA

"I ordered a pair of squash shoes. The company sent me the wrong size shoe. I tried to contact the company via email through their web site 4 times to get them to correct their error and send me the correct size shoe with ZERO success. They never responded to any of my emails. It would cost me more than I paid for the shoes to resolve the problem in which I REFUSE to do. This company blows in regards to my opinion on customer satisfaction. Do not but anything from this store if you live in America because if they send you something other than what you ordered, it will cost you more than what you paid for it to correct their mistake."

2017-07-14

US Customers beware - returns have to be shipped back to England at your cost!! Even though they send you the wrong size!

"I ordered from the US version of their website. There was no indication anywhere that the sizes I selected would be randomly changed into UK sizes, and then a different US size would be sent instead. I ordered Men's Size 8 Crocs. The UK size 8 translates into a US size 8.5, but since Crocs are not made in half-sizes, they sent me a Size 9 instead. Note that Crocs are a US company, so nowhere does it say Size 8 (UK). They are just plain Size 9 Crocs, when I ordered Size 8.

The company offered me a refund if I sent it back to them. What I never imagined is that I would have to ship them back to England. The shipping cost is about the same as the total refund I would be getting, so that is never going to happen. Once again, I ordered from the US website.

I suppose I could also take a plane and fly to England to return them to a store?!

2017-07-09

On going to the Halifax store today Sunday 9th 7 17

"After going to the Halifax store today I was spending £35 pound's I asked the cashier and management if I was able to keep the 3 plastic hangers and was asked to say please.so I said please then she said no and told me we re-use them I said please and then she umilliated me by laughing at me.then I told I would not be spending my £35 pound's with this shop just for the 3 plastic hangers witch would of cost nothing to them I will never go to sports direct again "

2017-07-04

Must be second class.

"All shoes I bought from SD have been characterized by short durability. Puma, Nike, Rebook, Adidas and what ever. They have been cheap but of poor quality. Is it possible that the shoes are second sortiment or fake?"

2017-05-10

Avoid at all costs

"Ordered clothing. It arrived with security tags still attached (the type you can't get off). They refused to take the items back and send replacements. Had to go to a lot of trouble and spend a lot of time to find a place that would remove the tags. Everyone thought I had stolen the items. Disgusting. Avoid this company at all costs."

2017-03-27

Stay away! Absolutely the worst "Customer Service" I have ever dealt with

"I had ordered from the site for four times. The goods came ok but anything afterwards was my absolute the worst experience with online sellers.
So, I will not do the same mistake ever again.
My only advice is to stay away from the seller because they tend to do false marketing (let's call it by its real name: lying) and afterwards, they will just ignore your e-mails.
Specifically, they gave me "the gift voucher" after some amount of money spent. After some time, I have used it or just I thought I did, silly me.
When my credit card invoice came, I found out that they had charged me for the full amount. Nevertheless, they still deducted the amount from the gift voucher.
I did get the replay on my first e-mail, a rude and a very offensive one. My second and the third attempt to ask for their mistake to be corrected, was simply ignored.
So, I admit to be naive and to believe that such a big seller will conduct its business in correct manner.
My bad. Won't happen again.
Do not make the same mistake I have made.

2017-01-31

Useless customer service and after sales process

"Very poor online shopping experience. Customer Service (CS) does not exist in this company. If you are placing and order online and if anything goes wrong with the order (even if it’s not your fault) - don't even waste your time contacting customer service via email or phone. Without a doubt worst shopping experience I have had over years. Placed an order nearly for £100, only to find out that couple of items I requested were out of stock (even through website was showing them available so not my fault if website was not updated). Hence as a result I wanted to cancel my order to avoid items being shipped to me only for them to be returned back. Tried multiple emails to CS team, no reply. Tried calling them, after over half an hour wait on premium number, finally got to a CS agent who believe it or not didn't even listen to my issue fully and hung up on me and at the ended up the order which I didn't really want and only way is to post them back which will cost me arm and a leg.
So in a nutshell poor very poor experience. Word of advice for others:
- be absolutely sure when you placing order as order amendments will never work in this company,
- even the website shows available, don't have high hopes as their website is not reflecting the actual items whether if they are or aren't in stock,
- Even if sports direct messes the order up from their side, definitely don't hold your breath in getting any sort response form their CS team via email.
- Even if you find their number - don't waste your time and money calling their CS premium number. After waiting for ages in the queue, they have tendency to just dis-connect the call when you are talking to them.
Though can be good bargains on the website - but after-sales and customer service is not even quality of a 3rd/4th/5th or even 6th world retailer. **** poor.

2017-01-10

Returns

"If I keep posting this someone will eventually deal with my complaint, won't they?
You can't even shame them in to action. They get so much negative feedback that they just ignore it, like water off a duck's back !!
I returned some faulty golf shoes and socks to Sports Direct.
They wouldn't replace them. They said they were out of stock although they're still showing on their website. I presume that it is because the shoes have increased in price since I bought them.
They replaced the part that was paid by a gift voucher with another voucher..
They haven't refunded the balance, which was paid with a Credit Card that I no longer use.
They completely ignore repeated emails about the balance due to me.
I wouldn't deal with them again, you can decide for yourselves

2016-11-08

Annoyed

"I ordered at 9.43 am yesterday and paid for next day delivery and I still haven't received my order, Where is it? "

2016-07-11

Theives

"1 item missing from my parcel. No refund."

2015-08-03

"WOULD DO A MINUS 7 BUT I CANT SO 1 WILL DO.
(shop in Manchester arndale)
went to the shop in Manchester arndale last week, I felt victimized by a member of staff, in fact not just staff CASUAL STAFF, PART TIME!!1
After walking around the store whispering to different members of staff about me, she then went on to make a formal complaint to the POLICE. Then the manager WHO WAS NOT THERE AT THE TIME told the police they witnessed me threatening her.
I have now been told not to return to that sports direct again: im banned HAHAHA.
What happened to the customer is always right? I honestly recommend you avoid that shop, built on lies and they employ a bunch of immature, non-experienced, uneducated teenagers who know nothing about being a sales assistant.
I felt victimized and intimidated by a member of staff, but im in the wrong?
haha the manager was probably paid to say they witnessed it, that's how faulty the business is.
Also I spend £150-£200 in that specific shop during Christmas time which is only 5 months away but I would rather go elsewhere than go to any sportsdirect again.
I also have £60 worth of love2shop vouchers for sportsdirect, which will be a waste because there going right back, they deserve no money and I hope the business ends soon.
Lost a reliable customer over a teenager? what a joke.

2015-07-26

"I went to the Woking branch last Friday to buy a pair of training shoes, picked a pair i likes and tried then on and they fitted, cost was £75. The shoes were black and white in colour and the right shoe was on display. The display shoe was dusty and had a stain on it. I asked the attended if could have a new pair that was not on display but was told that they only keep one size in store and if i wanted it I had to buy that pair. Of course I rejected it. The store/attended/sports direct wanted to sell me what is effectively second hand goods at full price. Not aceptable!!!!!!

I walked over to Milliets opposite found a similar shoe, the attended was very helpful, helped me select the shoe, had a new shoe in the stock, I spent £90. Well worth the money.

Sibat

2015-07-23

"Several weeks ago I brought (x12) items through their online store & when the package arrived one of the more expensive items from inside was missing - in its place was an empty plastic bag which looked to of been damaged by a machine from the factory or warehouse.

I immediately contacted customer support & supplied photo evidence - I was told several days later that they would investigate the matter but I've not heard anything since.

They now ignore all emails & any New customer support tickets go unanswered.

Pure theft & poor customer service - I'll never use Sportsdirect again.

2015-07-02

"I went into the LEEDS Headrow branch amd bought some trainers advertised at £24.99. When the sale was processed and I checked the receipt I was charged £32. When I asked I was told that this was the price so requested a refund as I had already paid using my credit card. I was offered a CREDIT NOTE but NO REFUND. Apparently NO REFUNDS are available at SPORTS DIRECT and only CREDIT NOTES. I complained and spoke to the Manager who said the Company policy was NO REFUNDS! Shoppers beware! "

2015-02-28

"I made an order on Thursday (before 7pm as per delivery T&C's) and paid £6 for next day delivery meaning it should have arrived yesterday. It didn't. And the tracking info provided will not let me track the parcel properly. I emailed customer services and asked for a refund of my delivery charge and their response was to tell me that the order is on its way and provide another link to the useless parcel tracker. No mention of a refund and no apology for poor service. At the end of the day they have taken my money for a service they failed to provide. Will not use again.

Share Sportsdirect's store rating

Sportsdirect is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sportsdirect is not a merchant member
Sportsdirect does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!