Sports Imports LTD Reviews - sportsimportsltd.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 1.33/10 16 reviews

Sports Imports LTD is not a merchant member
Sports Imports LTD does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"I ordered a seat warmer that was supposed to fit my car and it wasn't even close to fitting, so I jumped through all sorts of hoops to get them to take it back. They did end up taking it back and they issued me a store credit for less than what I paid. Unfortunately, I waited 2 years to finally use the credit and they tell me they only honor store credits up to a year. It would have been nice if they would have said that from the get go."

modified review This review was modified by DaveWFred on June 05 2013 12:35:10 PM

"Ordered something on December 18th and paid for UPS 2 day shipping to get it in time for Christmas. Sports Imports sent me an email confirming that the order had shipped. That email included a FedEx tracking number, but it also stated that the order had been shipped via UPS. No UPS tracking number was included, and the FedEx number was invalid. It has now been 10 days since the order was placed and I have yet to receive the package.

They do not take phone calls and have not responded to my emails requesting shipping information. If I don't get something today I will go to the credit card company for a refund.

I would advise everyone to consider taking their business elsewhere. Someplace that at least provides phone support.

"On June 6th bought 2 scooters for my grandsons for a birthday gift. Close to 300.00 dollars spent. They both did not hold up to normal use. Both had issues within days and started contacting company to return them. The phone number given for contact no one answered (ever) received an email to contact manafacturer which I did and was told I had contacted the wrong people after someone had opened up a ticket (???). They said they would then close the ticket (which they did) since I didn't have a claim. Being a 72 year old grandma and dealing with people who don't hold up to their side wanting to return a defective unit is impossibe. Never did they say they would even except a return. _Buy the product at your own risk these people will not do busisness like most companies on internet-. They took my money after selling me a product that didn't hold up and I am still trying to get money back and return the item to them. Worst company to do business with on internet "

"This has got to be one of the shadiest "companies" on the internet. I ordered a wall mounted remote control fan. Received a regular pull string fan and tried to contact them so I could send the wrong one back and get the fan I ordered. Of course no phone number and no responce to my e-mails period. Contacted my credit card company, they took the charge off and I shipped the product back. To top it off, my credit card company "said" they sent me a letter requesting whatever info i had. Never got the letter but that's another story. Bottom line I got charged again for the product that I sent back and now I have nothing but alot of anger. Will contact the BBB if possible to file a complaint but I doubt that will even help by the amount of negitive feedback I see about this company. How scams like this can go on without consequences is beyond me. Buyer beware."

"I order a wheelchair hitch ramp for my truck. My husband is disabled and I thought I could transport his chair easier with this ramp. I ordered it June 17,2012 through Paypal. After several emails to the company and phone calls that are never answered, I finally got the hitch on July 3. It was a cheap piece of junk and also had no hardware to connect it to the truck. So again I tried calling the company and emails. No results. I finally filed a claim through Paypal who is suppose to protect their customers from companies like this. I have yet to hear from either. I have also filed a claim with the Montgomery County office of consumer protection. This company should not be allowed to do any kind of business. They take advantage of honest people who can't afford to lose money..Buyer beware!!!!"

"We bought 2 infared 12 volt car seat heaters and one of them has a defective cigarette lighter plug. We took pictures of the plug's defects and sent an email to Sports Imports LTD asking how they would like to handle the problem. After 7 days we have heard nothing from them. Having now looking at their return policy, I will never order anything from them. They are certainly not interested in backing up their products.
Read the return policy before you order anything from this company.

"Didn't receive my item...whats up ?"

"Great online store, awesome deals!"

"I ordered an item, returned it to "Adam's" satisfaction and he issued me a "store credit" which, when I attempted to use it, would not apply to his inflated handling charges (above and beyond reasonable postage). When I asked to simply have the credit applied to my credit card, he refused. This outfit (as other's say, likely just Adam) is clearly disreputable."

"Order placed three weeks ago with Sports Imports Limited but have not received the merchandise. The UPS tracking number shows the package has been "out for delivery" (on the truck!) for over two weeks in Gaithersburg, MD not the proper city or state. Email unanswered. Phone calls unanswered. Owner's name is Adam Gouda a lot like Agouda of the sterling review below.

The company's web site states their merchandise is always in stock and ships from 13 huge nationwide warehouses however, this appears to be untrue. As additional information, this site displays the BBB On-Line Reliability Icon however on the BBB web site, Sports Imports Limited is not a member and has a grade of "F." Also, they display the BuySafe Bonded Logo but do not provide a guarantee number or the opportunity to buy a bond so no claim is possible. They also display the Internet Top 500 Retailers logo but are not listed on that organization's web site as one of the top 500.

"I ordered a car cushion with heater and massage from Sports Imports LTD online on Nov. 19th I received an email 2 weeks later but no actual tracking information. I wrote and asked why it took so long and an email came back with the tracking information. I wrote again and asked why it was delayed and why didn't they let me know? AGain, a computer-generated email came with tracking information. I'm left to wonder what the $9 for shipping and handling on at most a 2 lb. package has gotten me? I won't use them again."

"I recently purchased a heated car seat cushion from this "company", model number SH-2102x. Order number 57618. I had previously received one of these as a gift, liked it very much, then bought this one for my wife. The item was dead on arrival. I returned it to them using their return system. Although I had to pay to ship the item back, I was pleased with the return service and the speed with which I got a "new" unit back. However, the cushion I got back DOES NOT WORK! As I said, I have an identical cushion so I know how it is supposed to work.
There was a hand written note on the invoice with the "replacement" unit which stated "cushion has been tested & it's in good working condition". That cannot be true. It is obvious that I was given the same defective unit I returned to them which still does not work.
After a couple of emails back and forth, then no response to any more, several things bacame apparent. 1. This "company" is extremely small, perhaps a single person who imports cheap merchandise from overseas then sells it in the US. My emails were with the person listed as owner of the company, it was also the same person who "tested" the defective unit! 2. As with other people who have written to this site, if everything goes ok this "company" is fine. But, if there is any problem ... BEWARE! You will get horrible service, have to pay for all returns, and still have no guarantee of satisfaction. I will never do business with this company again and warn all who may think about it.

"I ordered a heated seat cushion, WAG-9738, from their website on December 14th as a Christmas gift (which I noted in the order). On December 19th I wrote to them asking for status as I hadn't received anything. On Dec 21st I received an email from Aga telling me that the item had been backordered but was shipping that day, but wouldn't arrive in time for Christmas. This is in contrast to their stated policy saying that any backorders will trigger an automated email to the buyer. If I'd known the item was backordered I would have paid for expedited shipping.

Regardless, on December 29th I still had not received the product or a tracking number. I emailed Aga back and received no response. I then checked my order status and it was marked "cancelled".

I tried several times over the following week to reach Sports Imports by email and fax. I finally received a response Jan 5 telling me that the item I had ordered was no longer available (how is that possible when they claimed it was ready to ship?).

The item is still listed for sale on their web site.

I will not shop here anymore. I found something comparable on Amazon. These guys might be ok when everything goes smooth, but if there are any issues they are uncommunicative and inflexible.

"I purchased a 2 seat kit from them through their eBay account. The installation support IS a bit dodgey without an 800# but the product is Great! Installation was pretty straight forward, abit intimidating at first not to have a customer support system I could just call and ask questions of, but as it turns out, I didn't need anyway. They need Much Better directions (they're so poorly written I downloaded another manufacturers .pdf to clear-up some questions I had) but I think they're really geared towards the professional installer not the DIY'er. For that though, you get installer pricing of a Really Good product if you don't need your hand-held through the experience (and I didn't). Their communication through email was Very Good and they even went the extra distance for me by shipping 2nd Day (at THEIR extra cost) when I told them I needed it right away because I wanted to get them in my wifes car, as a Christmas present, while she was away (she doesn't know their in there yet ;) I'd buy from these guys again in a second!"

"After almost a month, no information has been provided on shipping status. Not possible to talk to anyone at company. Emails and faxes have gone unanswered. A totally unsatisfactory experience. "