Stores > Spirit Halloween
  • Spirit Hallowee

Customer service: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review Spirit Halloween by clicking a star below.
2017-10-19

DO NOT ORDER ONLINE!!

"I ordered my costumes on 10/6. On their website and on my confirmation email it says they ship within 1-2 business days. LIES! I have called every day for the past week and have been told every day that our costumes "are on the pallet ready to be shipped overnight, and you should get a shipping notification any minute".... NOPE!! Here it is almost 2 weeks later. No shipping email. Horrible customer service... lost my business for life. "

2017-10-18

Cool store, but don't order online!

"This is what I ordered:
This is what I got:

2017-10-11

Horrible

"I wish I had read the review before I shopped here. This company's policies and customer service is horrible. They continued to charge my account for almost 2 months double for a item. I was given a promise date for the item of 10/02 and the order was cancelled on 10/09. I never received the item. My order was cancelled after the money was reserved for the item twice. Overall, I never received the item after this company reserved money from my account every seven days for almost two months. I was told by an associate that there is nothing the company can do, after such a bad experience"

2017-09-10

Rude cashier

"I went to the Harbison store in Irmo, SC where I bought a mug. I won't go back. The cashier did not speak, she did not wrap or even bag my mug. And before that she wouldn't let the other cashier open another register to take care of me while she was doing a return. "

2017-09-06

Negative employees make for a negative experience.

"Horrible customer service. Too many temporary, inexperienced students or employees who don't give a ****. Every time my kids and I go in there, I feel like a criminal. When you need assistance, no one is to be found. When you don't, and are just browsing, they will follow you around and power trip. The second I walked in the door...both times I had bags in my hand from a different store...right away...you are told...You have to leave your bags at the front! But they are pushy and rude about it...no manners. Makes you feel like crap as soon as you walk in. I would never ever steal...I've returned chocolate bars before that my kids have snuck out of stores when they were babies and didn't know any better...but this place sure knows how to make you feel like you've done something wrong just by being there. We don't need overpriced Halloween junk that bad. Try hiring people with some customer service skills and common sense. "

2016-10-31

Actually upset I had to give them 1 star

"I really don't have to write anything because it seems my experience is the norm with this company. The illogical inflexibility and condescending nature of their (lack of) customer service employees is remarkable. The manager of the store in Lithonia Ga actually said "I don't care" when I said that I would be calling customer service. Little did I know, customer service didn't care either. No refunds or store credits, just exchanges after a certain date. No matter the reason. I bought a costume that was missing a piece and still no refund. It is astonishing."

2016-10-31

please do not waste your money

"they say the have next day shipment and they do not !!!! they only charge you for the FEDEX and then they ship when ever they want"

2016-10-22

Making a 5 year old walk 10 min to a bathroom?? You don't need my money!!!

"I took my 4 yr old preschooler and 5 yr old Kindergartener to buy costumes. My son had to use the bathroom. A female employee reluctantly let us in to the locked Employees Only area. I was surprised to find that there were 2 separate bathrooms with doors marked with typical 'MEN' and 'WOMEN' signs. Inside the womens' there were 3 stalls (including a handicapped stall) and a row of sinks and mirrors. In other words, a perfectly normal public restroom you'd find in any large store. (Did I mention this store was ENORMOUS?)
Well of course when we were done and I had a multitude of items (costumes, wigs, makeup - and we weren't finished) in my basket, my child (who was on antibiotics affecting his intestinal tract) needed to go again. I found another employee, explained my child needed a restroom, and was rudely told that it was 'out of order' - but that I could walk 10 minutes away to a supermarket. I dropped my basket, told him we had just used the fully functional restroom, and let him - and every other customer on my way out - know that no business that was denying a 5 year old use of a restroom needs my money! Will never shop there again

2016-10-20

wow just wow

"i ordered my costume on the 14th. told me it would be out for delivery by the 17th. not only did my money magically appear in my account but these bright superstars (after i told them to charge it again) laughed and said it was already charged and its been paid for. mean while nothing has been shipped out. nothing has been charged. like do you guys want my money or nah? or you normally give **** away for free and then never send it. "

2015-10-31

"I wish I could give 0 stars
Worst place to order from
I ordered 2 Halloween costumes October 20th I waited and waited they told me that my order would be here the 26th, the 26th came and went I called everyday after that a few workers were very rude, I got about 5 different tracking numbers, i asked everyday oh it should be there today oh it should be there today. Now look it's Halloween and still nothing, I will never be ordering anything from this shit company again. I will not recommend this place to anyone. You don't even get your shipping money back, and I bet you have to pay shipping to send it back, I am super annoyed with this place. I was so excited about getting my costumes in time for Halloween but nope just a huge disappointment. F you guys.

2015-10-30

"Was glad theyes had what I was looking 4 but waiting in a line just to pay took an hour. Really! Win I got home and tried the costume on my grandson it was missing part of the costume. I got my reseat out and called the number to the location I went to it rings twice and hanged up on me. Same with the number inline. I do not recommend them at all just a good spot for hight schoolers to get some work experience in for a month. Thanks spirit holloween. For a partshal costume that I payed 30 bus for.

2015-10-30

"Paid $ 85 for 2 costumes & 3 day shipping on Oct 21. Order still hadn't come by Oct 29th, so I called customer service, waited 40 minutes to be connected, & after being on the phone with them for an hour they said they would ship it immediately overnight via UPS for delivery Oct 30.

We never got it today, Oct 30, and the tracking number says they again used US Postal Priority 2 day mail to print the label and there is no status yet on the package.

Tried to call customer service again, and I'm still on hold 48 minutes later.

Obviously, our 8 year old daughter will not have the costume we ordered her for Halloween tomorrow.

And they still have my $85!!!

2015-10-21

"DON'T BUY FROM SPIRIT OF HALLOWEEN @ The Grove in Hoover, AL.
They were totally inflexible with me bringing back something that would not fit. This was 5 days from purchase WITH the receipt. They claimed I had one day to return it. From the store manager to the 'district manager' of the Grove store, they were all jerks. Buyer beware!

2015-10-15

"Worst customer service ever, the second we went in we were asked to leave our bags at the front, (why would I want to about 100$ worth of stuff I just bought sitting at the entrance. Second of all, we had some dumb bitch literally follow us up and down isles as we were searching for a certain costume, we literally stayed there just to see if she followed us, and she did, because of this we did not buy anything there. "

2014-12-11

"My boyfriend loves decorating for Halloween and is always excited about getting new animated decorations, so I decided to buy him a large one as a Christmas present. I ordered it online on Cyber Monday (12/1) and my confirmation email showed that it would be delivered by Monday 12/8. Well, here it is 12/11 and the package still hasnt even left the warehouse. I have been on the phone with customer service 2 times and both times was told "sorry- we're backed up because of Cyber Monday." That's understandable to a point, but they should have accounted for the sudden influx of orders and had enough people working OT to get the orders out in a timely manner. The last time I spoke with them (12/9) the customer service rep told me that it should be shipped in the next day or 2, but here it is 2 days later and the order is still showing as "in process." If it hasnt shipped by tomorrow, I will be calling back and asking to speak with a manager and demanding a refund so that I can buy something else to give to my boyfriend for Christmas. I'm not sure how they manage to run a company when they have no regard for their customers. "

Share Spirit Halloween's store rating

Spirit Halloween is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Spirit Halloween is not a merchant member
Spirit Halloween does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!