Product & services pricing Rating 8.33/10 8.33/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

"Worst online vendor I have dealt with. Ordered a lawnmower, and after 5 days had not shipped, despite an agent’s assurance that it would ship the next day. Turns out the mower was not in stock, and following up with the agent, he said maybe next week. By this time we were in week 2. I cancelled the order, received an email confirmation, but the refund was not forthcoming in a timely way. When I inquired about the refund, I received a curt response telling me to stay off the internet, if I can’t wait until they process the refund. Finally I did receive my refund after going thru the Paypal dispute process – close to a month after the order was placed (vendor had my money for the entire time). I did purchase the identical mower from mowersdirect.com, and it shipped same day, and received in good order."

modified review This review was modified by jodie232 on December 02 2014 09:22:17 AM

"Super customer svc, Had to change form of payment. Super fast on my doorstep in four days, with free shipping. Super satisfied."

"I ordered a Honda HS928 snow blower.Prior to ordering I called and confirmed it was in stock, the sales rep said it was definitely in stock and if I ordered via their website within the next hour it would ship that afternoon. I immediately ordered the item and got a confirmation email stating it was ordered. I waited 2 days and called customer service to see why it had not shipped and they stated they did not have them in stock. I asked that the order be cancelled and they said they would. I waited 24 hours and checked my account at speedway and the item had not been cancelled. I called my credit card company (Discover) and explained the situation to them. They advised they would cancel that card and issue a new one to keep Speedway from charging me since they did not cancel. Customer service rep was also very rude and condescending when I tried to cancel the order. They may have the lowest price but I will never do business with someone who is not honest."

"In order to ensure no further snow fall in Northern Virginia this year and next, I ordered a Toro 21" snow blower from Speedway on a Tuesday afternoon on-line. When I arrived home on Thursday evening, the unit was on my porch. I could not be more pleased. The price was less than my local national chain hardware stores. Free shipping and no sales tax was a plus. Good company."

"Well, we received a replacement head for our Echo Weed trimmer than was defective...kept coming loose when in use. We used it
once (received it about 8 days ago). They said they don't take anything back that has been opened. Then, in the next sentence they said they don't refund shipping nor pay for shipping to them PLUS they have a 25% Re-Stocking charge. I asked them to please send me an email reminding me never to do business with them again. Don't deal with this outfit...its risky. Luckily for me, I'm only out about $22.

modified review This review was modified by BlueIrish on September 03 2013 09:49:28 AM

"Do not expect these guys to help you if there is ANY issue with the transaction. They immediately blamed me for the issues and certainly didn't give me the impression they were going to fix it.

I ordered a Honda mower (HRX217HYA) from them. They had the best price I could find by about $20. They messed up the shipping label and had the mower shipped to Saginaw Michigan. Important to note that I live in Ohio. I noticed the error via the Fed Ex tracking number (undeliverable). When I contacted Speedway customer service and asked them how they wanted to handle it, they told me that since I did not provide a phone number - that Fed Ex could not call me to work it out and that this was my problem to resolve. I let Speedway know that Fed Ex should have called THEM to fix the shipping address (their mistake). Speedway did eventually contact Fed Ex and corrected the shipping mistake, but not before again letting me know via email that the issue was all my fault and that I would need to work out the mess with Fed Ex. I would have felt much better about the whole transaction if they would have just admitted their mistake and given me confidence that the problem would be resolved on their end.

Save yourself the headache and use another merchant!!!

"I first dealt with this company in 2003 when I purchased a Honda EN2500 generator. This purchase was a Honda EU2000i generator. In both cases the generators were shipped the next business day in the Honda factory cartons. I'm very pleased with their service and prices compared to the local Honda dealers."

"Wow, very pleased with Speedway, speed, shipping, price, communication and Toro mower. Came W/O oil but I wanted synthetic anyway. I have no hesitation recommending them to all."

"I ordered a Arien's mower via the web. I was sent a your order has shipped e-mail with a ETA 4 days later. Four days later no mower, so I called their customer service. They told me they needed to box up my order, I asked why a new mower needed a box, what happened to it's factory box? They gave me no answer!
In a nutshell:
So I took the day off of work for nothing ($$) and they totally dropped the ball on customer service.

"Excellent Retailer. They have hard to get parts and deliver. "

"I ordered a 30" Toro zero turn lawn mower on 5-23-11 in the afternoon and received it on 5-26-11 in the afternoon. This total about 3 days shipping, which is really good from WI to NY. It arrived in great condition. I also ordered 4 accessories for this mower and received all in sealed boxes with the mover. Although 1 part was wrong, I did contact speedway sales and they took care of it right away. They email me a shipping label to return the part at their cost and shipped out the correct part also at there cost. Anyone can make a mistake, its how they take care of the problem that separates them from the rest, and they past that test! There pricing was the lowest locally and on the internet. So, all around it was a great deal for me. I would shop there again. "

"I ordered a Toro zero turn mower with accessories online. Speedway had the lowest prices I found online or locally. I was contacted by their shipping department within 2 days to arrange delivery. My order was delivered on time, in excellent condition. I would order from them in the future and would recommend them to family and friends."

modified review This review was modified by DrGone53511 on June 03 2011 05:49:46 PM

"I placed my order for a Zero-Turn mower on a Monday night. It was delivered the following Monday. The mower was crated and boxed...packaged really well which was a good thing; just took me awhile to get it unpackaged.
Though I paid a $25 insurance fee, I did get free lift-gate delivery to the ground. Feel like I got the best price on the web at the time I ordered it. Thanks, Speedway.

"My experience with Speedway was exceptionally good. Ordered a snowblower on Tuesday - received it Friday morning in the Philadelphia area. Packaging in perfect shape, machine perfect. Hard to do better than this!"

"I ordered an Ariens snowblower on 2/22, Speedway was the only outfit in the country who had the specific model I wanted at the time. I phone ordered which was very easy since their rep was very knowledgeable. The order was shipped out that afternoon, I was provided with tracking info from their carrier and was surprised to find that my item shipped monday afternoon from Wisconsin arrived at my local depot in Maryland Wednesday morning at 2 AM. The shipper contacted me and told me that they were very busy and may not be able to get it the final 11 miles this week. They told me I could pick up at the local depot, 11 miles from me until 11PM at night so that is what I did.

I contacted Speedway about the disconnect on the shipping via email and within a couple of hours they refunded the uplift for residential delivery and liftgate delivery.

Less than 2 days enroute at the lowest price I could find with high quality customer service. What's not to like.

I will do more business with these folks and highly recommend them.

Speedway Sales & Service is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Speedway Sales & Service is not a merchant member
Speedway Sales & Service does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!