• Rating 2.17/10 19 reviews

Spartan Technologies / macronetgroup.com is not a merchant member
    Spartan Technologies / macronetgroup.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Spartan Technologies / macronetgroup.com contact information

• Contact: customer.service@spartantech.com
    • Phone: 888.393.0340
    • Customer Support: 888.393.0340
    • Business Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 6:00pm CST
    • Fax: 847.364.9700

"Absolutely and completely misleading product description. I learned that I ordered a "non-industry standard" product only after I received it and it did not work at all in two different computers. Very poor customer relations. Extreme high cost to restock and associated shipping. No compromise or reasonable alternative offered by Spartantech. Really hard to deal with this company. I gave up. The transaction was a total loss for me. I requested a return shipping number, but none was ever issued. In my opinion, definitely avoid dealing with this seller."

modified review This review was modified by Peter54321 on June 04 2013 06:40:47 PM

"Ram Defective, HUGE restocking fees. If you bought on eBay Just create a case and escalate it instead. Try to pass off high density ram as standard ram. Try to pass off server memory as Desktop memory. Sells defective items. They would not pay for return shipping for bad part THEY sold me!"

"DEFINITELY THIEVES THAT KNOW HOW TO WORK THE SYSTEM.
STAY AWAY FROM THIS OUTFIT. THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER CHOICES ON THE INTERNET. YOU CAN FIND THE SAME OR BETTER PRICES SOMEWHERE ELSE.
BE WARNED!!!

"It looks like spartantech.com builds their "business model" around selling crappy incompatible no-name memory chips and charging "re-stocking" fee (15% of purchase price) when you return an item.

I've lost 25% (re-stocking + shipping back) and ended up with buying a known brand that worked just fine with my motherboard. A complete waste of time and money.

When you try to dispute the fee, they tell you that "re-stocking" and possible incompatibility are in their disclosure, so they are covered and you're duped.

The problem with memory is that you never know for sure if it will work. Known motherboard manufacturers have no idea who "spartantech" is, so you're very much on your own when buying products like that. Honest sellers understand that and refund in full when memory is incompatible, but spartantech.com decided to benefit from that.

Really, why selling good product? Sell crap and charge re-stocking fee instead.

The only way to fight that behavior is to spread the word and eventually drive them out of business.

"Spartantech.com are a bunch of thieves. They sold defective software (as in the "new" media was defective), I returned it, they said they would refund and never did. 2 months later they finally refund a smaller amount and rip me off for $25. No explanation, no reasoning behind the shorted amount. What should have been a routine purchase is now a 2 month ordeal and they still have the nerve to try to rip me off in the end. scum like this needs to get off the web!!!"

"I ordered the wrong memory from them (My Fault), I jumped through all of their hoops in order to return that purchase. I did return it, and as of now 4 weeks later, they still havnt sent my refund. I checked with the Chicago area BBB, PC Progress (aka Spartan Tech) has a "F" rating. THey have recieved 27 complaints in the last 36 months, 17 of those complaints have something to do with Returns or Refunds. Stay away from these people."

"I ordered a 1G stick of RAM, it did not work. I sent it back at my own expense and got an email saying they could not issue a refund until I filled out a form on their site. I filled out the form, then I got an email saying they still could not give me a refund until I printed out this certain form of theirs, signed it and mailed it into them. When I finally jumped through all the hoops and got my refund, they only gave me 2/3 of my money back. I asked for the rest because their ebay policy says "30 Days Money Back." They replied that it only says money back it doesn't say ALL your money back. Then these sons of bitches had the audacity to file an unpaid item case!! After they ripped ME off!! I called ebay and complained and they agreed the seller is violating policy and agreed to give me the rest of my money including shipping. Read all their negative feedback before you consider buying from them, basically if you take a chance and the product works you'll be fine, if there's aproblem and you want a refund they will absolutely run you through the ringer, steal your money and damage your rating with ebay. This is the worst ebay seller I've ever encountered and I've been using ebay for 11 years."

"Another victim of fraud by Spartan. I purchased computer memory that arrived dead. I returned it after getting an RMA number. Spartan confirmed receipt, but never credited Paypal. They stopped responding, after promising the refund. I lost my money."

"I was the Victim of a Bait and Switch. I Thought that I was getting a Good bargain on a 1 Gig DDR1 and what arrived was a burned out stick that was pulled from salvage as was confirmed by the local PC Tech Co. and upon trying to return the product, the Spartan tech said that he could not confirm that the Bargain memory that I purchased was from a "Pull" but if I was willing to pay a little more for the New and Unused Name Brand that they would guarantee that the Name Brand would work, and as they were aware of Some problems with the Bargain memory they would waive the 20 percent restocking fee if I exchanged the Bargain stick for the Name Brand. So by the time I had paid for the Return Shipping and the Product Upgrade And The Shipping for the NEW Name Brand memory stick I had spent $17.80 MORE than I would have if I went to a Big Box retail store. So Avoid this Company Like The Plague!! "

Miami

"Ordered Intel D865PERLL mobo. Ontime delivery and in good condition. Will use Spartan again."

"i received 18 AtlhonXP 2.6 in horrible state.
with broken crystal and some of them seriosuly damaged.

they are PULLS = Used.(was what said one person from spartantech)
whats the difference between used X pulls???they are on pricegrabber and pricewatch selling NEW itens. tehy never call it "USED".

Sumary: all CPUs are used and sometimes it is damaged. (my result is: 3 damaged cpu)

modified review This review was modified by mako12 on June 08 2005 08:18:17 AM

"Good prices on certain items, super fast delivery, great packaging. Had a problem, quickly aknowledged and replacement shipped extremely fast. Will definately use them again."

modified review This review was modified by broen61dawg on February 08 2005 04:37:25 PM

"in spite of the bad reviews about getting used products from spartantech.com, i decided to take a chance and order 2 oem cpus, 2 cd-rw combo drives and 1 motherboard.
order arrived in less than a week and all products are working fine.
i did not notice any used products that other reviewers encountered.
the 2 oem cpus arrived in bubble wrap and the whole thing was inside an anti-static plastic. i don't know if it is a good idea to put bubble wrap first and then the anti-static plastic after. since the oem cpus were working, i did not complain anymore. they also put the cpu package inside of the motherboard box for added protection.

"I purchased a 128MB stick of PC100 SDRam from Spartantech. After inspecting the stick of ram, which arrived in a used anti static bag from a previous, different stick of ram, I saw that the ram was clearly USED. There were marks on the all the contact pins from general use, as well as what looked like rust spread across the bottom of 4 of the pins.

If I wanted used memory, I would have went somewhere else, which is what I would advise you to do, if you plan on purshaing from spartantech.

modified review This review was modified by _John_Lennon_ on January 18 2005 02:56:46 PM
Rating 4/102/5

"Ordered an Athlon XP 1700+ OEM CPU and the package came moderately fast. The CPU was sandwiched with bubble wrap with no kind of static deterrant wrapping, which is unacceptable. Closer examination of the CPU shows previous use and discoloration upon the die cast surface. Using rubbing alcohol did not remove what seems like thermal paste that's been permanently stained on the CPU. However, the CPU works and that's all I really care since it's not for me."