Sony StyleCoupons

"I'm wasting time writing because it was just that terrible of an experience. no followup, no order details , no cummunication , they just vanish"

"Wow. Worst experience of my life. Just dont. Too exhausted from arguing with them, yes they argue with you, too actually explain for the 100th time what happened... And still nothing came from it, please just dont!"

modified review This review was modified by ihatesonyofficiallynow on August 05 2013 07:31:13 PM

"Sony's customer service is the worst and terribly inconsiderate in Not Resolving issues. When pointed to the fact of fraudulent claims, regarding the SLT-A99 capabilities in their advanced owner's manual, their response was nil... Oh, they are very courteous on the phone, but it took three hours, of describing and re-describing the issue with 4 agents, no of whom knew the A99 beyond what the manual says. Be careful with Sony. I guess I should have looked here first to see if they really back up their product claims. They don't. Very disappointed. Would recommend shopping elsewhere.

The buying experience is very different. I bought the camera, one lens and some other Sony products at the Sony Style store in Tampa, FL. The salespeople were all helpful and a lot of fun to work with. The buying experience from Sony's site was also excellent. Too bad they don't follow through similarly on the back end when there is a problem.

"Bottom line, worse customer service support, worse consumer relations support. If ytou buy a SOny product understand this. If you purchase it and it arrives defective, they won't replce it. You have to return it forrepairs. No matter how insignificant the issue is, you must re-package the entire product and send it back to Sony for repair. And they wait for them to return it to you!!! All the while they got your money!!!"

"I bought a Sony Vaio S series, and I had nothing but disappointments on the product and Sony Store support. First, I received the Product with two defects; broken camera and headphone jack. I called Sony support, described the issue. They created a case and provided a reference number. One week went by, and I did not hear from anyone. I called them for a follow up, and there were no action on the case at all. They used an excuse that I was asked to provide my receipted of the product to them before they can send a technician. In fact, no one ever asked me to provide a receipt, and no fax or email address was provided by Sony support. (by the way, their support is somewhere in India, and they are absolutely useless). I am still waiting for a call from a Sony technician. Do yourself a favor, do not buy anything from SonyStore.com."

"Horrible experience. While attempting to purchase a TV through the phone, I was charged numerous times for no reason. The women I was talking to couldn't understand simple English. I believe she was from India. Luckily, we given our money back, though, it took some time.

Anyway, the TV Sony Store sent me was defective. I was told to send the TV back to them and I would be sent a replacement. After a couple of days the replacement order was cancelled. Fine. My problem now is, they won't send me my refund.

After I sent them their TV, they said after 7-10 days after receiving the TV, the credit on my account would be visible in 1-2 billing cycles. Well, that time has lapsed. They now claim that when they received their TV, it wasn't scanned. Now, I'm being told that I have to wait another 7-10 days, and the credit will be visible after another 1-2 billing cycles. I shouldn't have to wait this long. They already have the TV and it's their fault that they didn't scan it. This is just unacceptable.

I was always a loyal Sony customer. I've bought countless Sony products, but I am now finished with that company. I will never buy another Sony product again.

Edit: Their customer support is awful, by the way. Every single time I call them I'm left on hold for hours and then hung up on. I really wish I had read this website before trying to buy a TV through Sony Store.

modified review This review was modified by AnthonyME83 on December 18 2012 01:08:35 PM

"Sony is no longer the top brand on my list.
I recently bought a $3000 movie projector
and i ask if it comes with glasses, was told that it does comes with two 3d glasses, upon receiving the projector it had no 3d glasess and i was force to buy the glasess seprate for a addition $200 when i recieved the 3d glasses it didnt work with the specific projector. so i decided to return the projector and 3d glasses out of frustration. i got my refund for $200 dollars, but i yet too recived the addtional $3000 for the projector. we are going on a month.
customer service keep telling me that the finance department are the one that will give the refund, but dont understand why they havent given me the refund, they ask me to wait 24, to 48 hrs. after waiting those hrs, i called againg and a i was told that it they wil contact the finance department with top priority to wait another 24 to 48 hrs . i'am trying to remain patience. I called for the third time and was told to wait 5 to 7 days, they still dont understnad why the finance department are not reponding to their request. my next step is a lawsuit. they Robbed me, and they will not get away with it.
i was told that it comes with two 3d glasses, upon receiving the projector it had no 3d glasess and i was force to buy the glasess seprate for a additional $200. When i recieved the 3d glasses it didnt work with the specific projector. so i decided to return the projector and 3d glasses out of frustration. got a rma number and send both back with a tracking number. they recived both items butI got my refund for $200 dollars, but i yet too received the addtional $3000 for the projector. we are going on a month.
customer service keep telling me that the finance department are the one that will give the refund, but dont understand why they havent given me the refund, they ask me to wait 24, to 48 hrs. after waiting those hrs, i called againg and a i was told that it they will contact the finance department againg with top priority to wait another 24 to 48 hrs . i'am trying to remain patience. I called for the third time and was told to wait 5 to 7 days, they still dont understand why the finance department are not reponding to their request. my next step is a lawsuit. they Robbed me, and they will not get away with it.

modified review This review was modified by Megatone on November 29 2012 09:25:02 PM

"Don't waste your time at this web site.
After waiting for 2 days to get my order , i got a email
" order cancelled"
and then another one said
"We're sorry to see part of your order has been cancelled"
Well , i just wasted time , ordering stuff at your web site.
Sony Don't sell things you don't have in stock.
Thanks

modified review This review was modified by sonos on July 16 2012 10:00:39 AM

"I WILL NEVER EVER EVER EVER SHOP WITH STORE.SONY.COM AGAIN! Their customer service is probably the worst I have EVER DEALT WITH! I will now Stay away...run the other direction...save my money...and shop at a real store. THEY have done NOTHING to work with me (the customer). I think in this case no customer service would have been better than the customer service they offer. Next time I want to shop at this website, I will shred my credit card before placing an order. Thanks for nothing. "

"The worst customer service I have ever had the misfortune to deal with! We purchased two Sony S tablets to try out in our school library. The tablets are having issues with our wireless network. We spoke to Sony's tech support center; they had us send the tablets back in order to "fix" the problem. Both tablets came back to us with the exact same problem. Upon calling Sony to trouble shoot yet again, we spent 1 hour on the phone being bounced around from one department to another. Each switch required our repeating the problem to yet another agent, just when we thought we might make some progress Sony dropped the call. I will never buy another Sony product again!"

"Sony makes some high quality stuff and some crappy stuff, but their stuff does not play nice with other manufacturer's equipment. Good luck if you don't use Sony computers with Sony cameras, TVs, etc.... I have a bunch of Sony junk sitting around and I'm still trying to salvage some photos off an older Handycam. Never again - no more overpriced Sony crap for me."

"Horrible horrible horrible service. I wish I read all of this before I bought Sony products/services. I generally do not write any reviews anywhere but I am so dissatisfied with the service at Sony that I thought it is important to share this with everyone."

"Horrible Experience with store.sony.com website

I made a purchase of ps3 entertainment bundle from store.sony.com on 11/24/2011 for $199.0+tax. The product has not been shipped to me till date. When I called the sony store customer service, they told me that the product was no more available and that I should cancel my order. Why didnt they tell me this earlier and why are they telling me this after over a week and that too when I call to find out what happened to the order. The same deal was available on many other sites and now the deal has gone from all the sites. They have wasted my time and if I have to buy the product now, I will have to pay over $100 extra. Why should I, its because of them that I was not able to buy it from other sites.

Customer service staff is also pathetic. The lady who answered my call just kept on repeating that the item is out of stock no matter what I say. It was because of them that I could not get the same deal from other sites. The items in the PS3 bundle are available separately on sony store website, so I asked them to ship me those if they are out of the bundle, but she denied. When I asked her to connect me to her supervisor,she put me onto hold for a long time and later told me that the supervisor and manager were busy in a meeting. She would stop answering me many times over the call and put the call on hold for several minutes just to make me disconnect the call.

"I've had terrible experiences with Sony cameras, laptops, and customer service. I got the Sony Cybershot 12 megapixel camera about three years ago and had to send it in three times (never dropped it or even got it within a foot of water). They never fixed the problem and when my warranty ran out I was stuck with a useless camera that wouldn't focus or even flash. I'm now having a terrible time with a Sony Laptop. Same thing, the computer began having problems right away (even with complete malware/virus services and proper, careful care). I sent it in for repair and got it back in near the same condition and almost three months later. I will never buy another Sony product, very dissatisfied."

"I wish I'd read this site before making a purchase. Sent laptop back for service. They shipped it back without even looking at it. I shipped it right back to them. Meanwhile I've been a month without my laptop!!! Sony SUCKS!!!"

Sony Style is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sony Style is not a merchant member
Sony Style does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!