Stores > SonicElectronix

• Address: 9631 Topanga Canyon Place, Chatsworth, CA
    • Contact: support@sonicelectronix.com
    • Phone: 1-877-289-7664
    • Customer Support: 1-661-670-2625
    • Business Hours: 6:00am - 9:00pm Mon-Fri PST, 8:00am-7:00pm Sat & Sun, Closed on National Holidays
    • Fax: 1-661-257-4737

Product & services pricing Rating 8.52/10 8.52/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.33/10 7.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.43/10 8.43/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.08/10 6.08/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.36/10 5.36/10
Voice your opinion! Review SonicElectronix by clicking a star below.
2017-03-19

Shady return practices

"Purchase experience was good. Their price was better than any other place and shipping was quick. However, I had to return the item. During the return request process I paid them for a UPS return shipping label. They then deducted the cost of return shipping from the refund amount of the product on top of that. I have gone round and round multiple times with their customer service and they have still not refunded me for the double billing of the return shipment."

This review was modified by dtmcfall on March 21 2017 04:08:46 PM
Rep reply posted Mar-21-2017

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“Thank you for letting us know this situation occurred. As per your request I have refunded you the full amount including shipping. ”

2017-03-09

WARNING!!!!!!!

"Please I beg you DO NOT EVER BUY FROM SONIC ELEcTRONIX. For starters they have the worst customer service i have ever encountered. It takes over 2 days to get a response by email. Also don't even bother to call them. I called 20 times through an entire day and every time all i got was "sorry are lines are full." So not only does there customer service **** but i purchased an item and it was expected to arrive in 3 days. After 2 weeks i got impatient and started emailing them since i could never get a call through. After another 2 weeks of them giving me bs email responses I FINALLY got a call through and had the order canceled. So all in all i wasted a month of my life waiting for my product which i ended up buying from walmart. So now you have been warned never buy from sonic electronix."

This review was modified by isaac5110 on March 21 2017 04:08:06 PM
Rep reply posted Mar-15-2017

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“Thank you for letting us know about your experience. Per your request we have tried to contact you but to no avail. We will be contacting you again soon to resolve this issue. ”

2017-03-08

Incompetent

"Ordered a couple pairs of speakers a week later received someone else's merchandise call to let them know stopped my correct order and two weeks later have a very unhappy customer waiting for his equipment still have not received it 2 weeks after ordering due to internal failure at Sonic Electronix now trying to contact somebody with information on my order as I get his recording stating that all there call volumes are full and I have to call back this is the third day of trying to contact somebody beware they penalize you for them sending you the wrong equipment. They would not send me my equipment and tell I sent out there wrong equipment sent to me very unhappy!"

This review was modified by Dave1928 on March 21 2017 04:09:01 PM
Rep reply posted Mar-09-2017

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“We deeply apologize for this inconvenience. We make sure everything is sent out correctly in a timely manner. It sounds like that procedure unfortunately did not occur with your order. We will contact you now to resolve this issue, ”

2017-03-03

Have filed complaint with DCA and BBB

"I ordered a part back in December 2016. It is now March 2017. No part. Multiple excuses from the company. Promises never kept. Now I have lost the customer for the installation. AND more money than they originally deposited. Just so I could make it up to them and not have to worry about a bad review or word of mouth. Because we all know, that's extremely important in this business."

This review was modified by mjbarton82 on March 21 2017 04:08:18 PM
Rep reply posted Mar-03-2017

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“Thank you for letting us know this situation occurred. It is concerning to hear that you were not given exceptional customer service. Something we pride ourselves on. We will be contacting you now to make this issue right”

2017-03-01

The absolute worst customer service encountered in many years

"Unfortunately my experience began positive. Ten days into using the stereo it died. After about a week of going back and forth, explaining multiple times what happened, finally received an RMA tag and UPS tag to send it back. Two weeks later with mail transit and in-house inspection at Sonic, it was indeed found to be dead. And that is where the positive experience ceased. The last communication explained how the stereo is now on backorder, with it clearly showing as discontinued on their website at this point. I have emailed multiple times to receive an answer about if it is really discontinued or not, with responses that did not come for 7 days afterward, and the question was not even addressed. This is the absolute worst customer service experience I have come across with over 20 years of purchasing online. "

This review was modified by 888888 on March 15 2017 04:19:53 AM
Rep reply posted Mar-01-2017

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“We deeply apologize for this inconvenience. A quick and fantastic customer service is something we always make sure every customer receives. We will be contacting you soon to resolve this issue. ”

2017-02-06

dont buy from them if you are in canada

"bought a soundscape VRN64HB. It did not say gps maps are U.S. only. They replied to my email telling me to contact the manufacturer. The manufacturer said since I purchased it from sonic I had to deal with them. Sonic never replied to any other email after the first one. also the customer service line is a lie, no matter what time of day you call it says at capacity. worst customer service I have ever experienced "

This review was modified by jabis4 on March 08 2017 06:35:35 PM
Rep reply posted Feb-13-2017

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“We thoroughly apologize for this inconvenience. Strong and exceptional customer service is something we promote ourselves on. We will call you up to see what we can do about your map in your vehicle. ”

2017-02-02

Legit Seller-- Sennheiser Authorized Retailer

"I purchased Sennheizer ie80 earbuds from SonicElectronix because, at the time ,they were running an oncredible sale. I double checked with the official Sennheiser website, and these guys were on the authorized retailer list, so I purchased with confidence. The package arrived very quickly and in great shape. Product is legit and works perfectly. I'm very happy with the purchase and experience."

This review was modified by treeninja504 on February 07 2017 12:00:24 AM

2017-01-29

Top shelf !!

"Great price and fast shipping "

This review was modified by Cruzman369 on January 31 2017 04:15:02 PM

2017-01-23

Everything but the antenna adaptor...

"EDIT: Changed rating from 3 stars to 5 stars. I contacted the customer service department through email and was connected to Paul who was able to fulfill my request in a matter of two emails. I suggest emailing for any customer support needs as you will have documentation of your query, but they are also very quick in responding even when the call queue is full, as it typically is.

I ordered a Pioneer MVH-X390BT for my 2003 Toyota Matrix. I purchased from SonicElectronix because the price was $5 cheaper than Crutchfield and I believed that I was getting the same installation accessories that Crutchfield provided, i.e. the dash mounting kit, wire harness, and antenna adaptor, because that is what was shown in the pictures at the top of the pop-up window when I clicked the "Get up to $30 FREE in installation accessories." link when viewing the Pioneer unit.

Once I received the package, in a very quick manner I must say, I was pleased to find the dash kit and wiring harness, but was disappointed to not find the antenna adaptor. So, I went back and checked out the same link again. Lo and behold, there was text at the bottom of the window stating, "In addition to dash kits and harnesses, select GM (General Motors) vehicles and some other vehicles require an AM/FM radio antenna adaptor so you can convert your factory antenna size to standard aftermarket size. Following your order, if your vehicle requires a non-standard kit or harness, or an antenna adapter, we will contact you at no obligation via phone or email to offer you the necessary accesssories for installation. This offer only applies to vehicles designed for and marketed in the United States."

I'm assuming that Sonic Electronix will contact me to offer me the adaptor, however it seems that it should be part of the kit provided. I have priced the necessary part on a few sites, and the price ranges from $5.99 and up, which puts the overall cost more than Crutchfield, and time without being able to use the AM/FM radio capabilities of my new unit. The other odd thing is that SonicElectronix's site says that the adapter needed will not fit my Matrix.

I hope somebody from SonicElectronix will contact me to correct this issue for me, and future purchasers.

This review was modified by maloneync on January 25 2017 10:15:02 AM

2017-01-22

Great Customer Service

"Great Customer Service, great prices, Fast Shipping, my new eBay store to go to."

This review was modified by redbaron2424 on January 24 2017 08:00:03 PM

2017-01-21

Boss CD Player Purchase

"Arrived in three days with free shipping method. Easy installation . Appreciated factory radio connector and mounting kit included in purchase at no additional cost. Prices are always good."

This review was modified by rmksfisher on January 24 2017 12:02:16 AM

2017-01-21

Grrreeaatttt!!!!

"This is the second time I have ordered from sonic electronix, and as before I have had no problems. Prices are great, service is great, and delivery is great."

This review was modified by Bacachris on January 24 2017 12:02:09 AM

2017-01-20

Fast!!! Everything works as stated!

"Online purchase received within 2 days. Was shipped tightly packaged. Everything works great and sounds amazing although the jbl amp will go into protect mode when pushed hard. Nvx sub can't handle even half the power of the amp before it distorts horribly if not tuned correctly. Also pioneer app radio is a joke. Overall it sounds great for the money."

This review was modified by Efeezy on January 24 2017 12:01:48 AM

2017-01-20

All here but the back order

"Overall my experiences with Sonic has been very positive my only issue is out of 11 orders (multiple items per order) 2 items were on back order. To be fair Sonic immediately contacted me to see if I'd like to wait for items or get a refund. I chose both times to wait and I'm still waiting. Customer service on phone and via email is professional and knowledgeable. They are quick to ship and use UPS which is the shipper I would've used.

Sonic is a great company and I'll do business with them again, often. I strongly recommend them.

This review was modified by marcusanton95 on January 24 2017 12:01:36 AM

2017-01-16

Extremly Fast and Great Priced!!

"Awesome service and freight!! Order one morning and the next morning it was sitting at my door step when I got home from work!!"

This review was modified by preynolds-83289 on January 18 2017 09:00:03 AM

Share SonicElectronix's store rating

SonicElectronix is a Merchant Member! Learn more

SonicElectronix is a merchant member
SonicElectronix participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,426 merchant members.