Stores > SonicElectronix

• Address: 9631 Topanga Canyon Place, Chatsworth, CA
    • Contact: support@sonicelectronix.com
    • Phone: 1-877-289-7664
    • Customer Support: 1-661-670-2625
    • Business Hours: 6:00am - 9:00pm Mon-Fri PST, 8:00am-7:00pm Sat & Sun, Closed on National Holidays
    • Fax: 1-661-257-4737

Product & services pricing Rating 8.87/10 8.87/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.65/10 8.65/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.78/10 8.78/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.21/10 8.21/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.66/10 8.66/10

2016-05-20

Packs a Punch

"I installed this with my 2 "old school" punch 100 amps and its keeping up with the demand"

2016-05-20

Excelent Service

"Great experience in the whole process"

This review was modified by alejandrohgs on May 20 2016 05:53:32 PM

2016-05-19

Absolutely terrible customer service.

"Attempted to place an order for over $900.00 in car stereo and security components. Took about a day for them to ask for an credit card authorization form. I have no issue with filling out this form as a protection for the retailer. I was a first time customer. My credit card company had even phoned me to make sure the transaction was legitimate as I had never made a purchase from this company.

Filled out the required information with appropriate ID as requested. Emailed form back to email address listed on the form. Actually resent the same day as had not seen a change in order stats. Next morning get another reminder about sending in the form. Figure the email is not working and send a fax to number listed on the form. Get another reminder later that day to send in form. Reply to email which generates a support ticket. Tech support eventually replies saying they still do not have the form, but email it to them and they will forward to correct person. Email form to tech support.

Next day, once again get reminder to send in authorization form. Email back explaining that it has been sent in 4 times by 3 different methods and they need to look for it, as this is getting ridiculous. Tech support asks to send it to them again as they do not have it. Email form for the 5th time. Get a quick reply that they have finally received the form and order will be processed.

1 hour later get an email requesting a wire transfer of funds as they will not process credit card as I have not provided enough verifiable information. Are you kidding me? I sent them Credit Card number, expiry date, 3 digit security code, billing address, shipping address, phone number, picture of government issued drivers license, and a picture of the credit card. (All of this is on top of my credit card issuer calling me to ensure it was a legitimate transaction.)

On top of the wire transfer they want a $25 fee for their admin costs of the wire transfer. Sent an email requesting a manager call me asap to sort this problem out and to leave a direct line that I can call them back on if I don't answer.

Tried calling them several times on their 1-877 number. Half the time you cannot even get in the cue because according to their system, they have "exceeded maximum call volume, please call back later." Got through twice and had to request a call back.

Now I did get 2 calls back but was unable to answer either time due to guess what?......having to deal with all this nonsense while I am at work. After waiting 8 hours for a call back from a manager, I have given up and will take my business and money elsewhere.

This has been the absolute worst online shopping experience I have had to date!

This review was modified by brettalloyd on May 19 2016 11:49:16 PM

2016-05-17

Great DVD in dash stereo

"This unit is great for all mid class dvd in dash user. The price is reasonable with the free kit that goes for the make and model of your ride. Produces great sound, pictures and videos quality. Highly recommended for other buyers. Thanks SonicElectronix!!!!!"

This review was modified by XaoXiong on May 18 2016 09:38:29 AM

2016-05-15

Awesome speakers!!

"The JBL gto 938 6x9's i bought sound amazing, especially considering I'm running them off the factory stereo in my 99 Olds Intrigue GLS...rich, deep bass with no distortion...if they're this good on a factory stereo, they're going to really slam when i get an amp to power them....shipping was super fast and SonicElectronix had the best price out there...will definitely shop here again!! "

This review was modified by Sterk on May 15 2016 06:39:31 PM

2016-05-14

Very complete and easy to use website. Good stuff!!

"I switched someone's 2004 Pontiac Sunfire from a 2 DINN to a 1 DINN radio, which wasn't a big deal, EXCEPT the radio was also incorporated into the car's electronics. Looking at other websites, I could not with any certainty determine what needed to be ordered. YOUR website was very clear, very informative and very easy to use... (something you don't see a lot of these days). I felt very confident placing the order. The parts were exactly right, and the installation went without a problem. "

This review was modified by Moosy1 on May 14 2016 11:05:11 AM

2016-05-12

Best place to buy stereo equipment

"This place has great products, great prices and awesome customer service!!"

This review was modified by Dezripper on May 12 2016 12:49:32 AM

2016-05-11

Excellent service best around

"What I wanted is what I got from this place. No gimmicks NO BS just great customer service and fast delivery. Wide range of audio products I will be doing more business here. My next one stop shop for Planet Audio. "

This review was modified by 707ink on May 11 2016 09:05:03 AM

2016-05-09

1st timer!

"I'm very very very satisfied with the prices and service of Sonicelectronics, I will definitely be using their services AGAIN!"

This review was modified by Meikasdad on May 09 2016 04:20:57 PM

2016-05-09

On the Up and Up?

"I purchased a JVC KW-R920BTS head unit for my son and of course you're supposed to get the face plate, harness, and antenna adapter for "free" with your order. M son's current unit has Monsoon" audio, something to do with an Amp. When I put the order together myself the site automatically let's you view the accessories that you need for the complete install. The harness, "free" remind you, was about $6 bucks. Because of being a previous customer and having an issue with my past unit, I was advised to contact Sonic directly to receive a "deal". They took $20 off the unit, but told me that I needed an almost $90 harness. I explained that when I did the order the harness was $6. The Rep told me that I had to be wrong, so he looked up the order and sure enough the suggested harness was $6. He said that is a site mistake, that I needed the $90 harness. I passed, figuring that I could get the harness somewhere cheaper online. Before looking around I checked Sonic's site again, and the $90 harness said that it wasn't even compatible with my son's car/system. Also, I was able to find another brand name harness for much less, and Sonic even sells it but never suggested it to me. Don't think I'll be shopping with them anymore. Edited to respond to Sonic's response. It's funny that a customer , on your site, left a review and said that they have to Monsoon system and the $6 harness worked for them. Also, I tildthe Rep that I don't have steering wheel controls, and the harness he suggested supports that feature. "

This review was modified by eaudell on May 10 2016 07:08:37 PM
Rep reply posted May-10-2016

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We use an auto fitment guide that shows which installation accessories are compatible with your vehicle. Due to your vehicle requiring an amplifier (as stated), there is a very good chance that your car requires an amplified harness. These harnesses generally cost anywhere from $40-120 depending on the year, make and model of your vehicle. The basic $6 harness that was suggested for your vehicle was most likely was an error due to your vehicle requiring an amplified harness; basic harnesses are non-amplified. We are now contacting you by phone to look into this further, we will be sure to leave you fully satisfied and correct any lingering errors within our auto fitment guide!”

2016-05-07

Great

"The service and the shipping was great and right on time. The price is also the best that I saw around. I would also recommend the warranty that they offer. Have had to use it ones on a different order and was surprised by the service that I received. "

This review was modified by Nate603 on May 07 2016 09:49:55 PM

2016-05-07

Super fast

"Ordered and received it 2 days later. Fastest online vendor ever!"

This review was modified by Roddie77 on May 07 2016 03:01:43 AM

2016-05-06

Nobody Beats Sonic Electronix

"I will keep this short and sweet:

Sonic prices are great and the shipping is fast.
I have ordered twice from them and there shipping is so fast I have never had to pay for expedited shipping (and I live in Ohio!).

Plain and simple.

2016-05-05

Fast shipping

"First time i oredered and i love it. Product is exactly as describe.
Oredered on a thursday afternoon and it arrived monday, it was quicked for FREE shipping.

This review was modified by Yesenia08 on May 05 2016 06:28:02 PM

2016-05-04

Horrible customer service!

"Placed an order which said it was in stock. Turns out it wasn't. Emailed them 2 days after I placed the order, they said "We should be getting more in sometime". Called and waited 20 min on hold. Said zero callers ahead of you for a good 10 minutes. Called again 2 hours later. The guy was rude I wanted a refund. They are quick to take almost 200.00 but will fight to hold onto it. Will defiantly not be doing buisness with them. "

Rep reply posted May-10-2016

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“While there are occurrences with products being found out of stock during the fulfillment stage, we are always incredibly transparent and quick to offer either a similar replacement or a full refund. We are now contacting you to speak about this situation further, we look forward to addressing this matter further.”

Share SonicElectronix's store rating

SonicElectronix is a Merchant Member! Learn more

SonicElectronix is a merchant member
SonicElectronix participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,592 merchant members.