Stores > SonicElectronix
  • SonicElectronix

6:00am - 9:00pm Mon-Fri PST, 8:00am-7:00pm Sat & Sun, Closed on National Holidays
      1-877-289-7664

Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.40/10 5.40/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.42/10 4.42/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.00/10 4.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review SonicElectronix by clicking a star below.
2017-06-21

lies

"I purchased a Sony car radio and when it arrived and took it out of the box to install it i found that it did not have a CD player in it as I thought when I ordered it, so i called Sonic and told them about it and they said no problem that I could exchange it for a radio that had a CD player in it so they give me an RA number and I sent it to them and today I received an e-mail saying they would not except it because it had been opened. Why didn't they tell me that up front so I didn't have to waste money for sending it and the money they want to return it to me.
I think this a very poor company to do business and i tell you that i will never do business or recommend them to anyone.

Rep reply posted Jun-22-2017

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“Thank you for speaking with us we are glad we resolved this issue with you. ”

2017-06-09

Worst customer service

"I have never had worse customer service. I received a faulty head unit, not their fault. I then tried to call them to find out the return process. Could not get ahold of them. I tried again the next day, nothing. I was "11th in line" for about 3 hours. Towards the end of that time, i called simultaneously from another line, somehow i was now 4th in line, I tried hanging up and calling again, surprise! Now im 7th in line. I believe they do not actually have people answering the phones most of the time and that it is just hold music and they assign you a random number. I got their email and contacted them that way and recieved ok service that way for a bit. They did not answer questions, the responded with the bare minimum. I sent in my head unit for them to "take a look at" they paid for the cheapest possible shipping it took almost two weeks to get there. When it got there i was greeted to an email saying that i would get an update after their technician looked at it and should recieve an email in 24-48 hours. It has now been 10 days since then and ive sent 3 emails and called about ten more times, never being responded to since then. This is the absolute worst customer service i have ever recieved, ive even asked if i can just have my money back and they said thats not how it works. I would really like either a working radio, or the money i paid for it, back. If i could give less stars i would. They have competitively priced, professional quality products, and ive bought from them before. They are good as long as you dont have to deal with customer service apparently. Reading other reviews of this same type of issue happening with other individuals, really makes me upset that they cant get their act together."

Rep reply posted Jun-12-2017

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“We deeply apologize for this inconvenience. We have just launched a new phone system that we are currently working out the bugs on. We will be contacting you soon to resolve this issue. ”

2017-06-09

no customer service

"I ordered an audio system with navigation from these guys back in early May, the order shipped out and arrived at my home early, so I at first was impressed. The system that I purchased was for my daughters car. She was getting ready to go on a 900 mile road trip in this vehicle so this is why I wanted a system with navigation. When I opened the package to install the unit I found that the antenna for the gps was missing. This was two weeks before she was to leave. I contacted sonic electronix to let them know that I was missing this part and explained to them that she was leaving soon and I really needed this part. I was promised that I would get one as soon as they got one in. I never heard from them unless I called them and still then got the same old story. So if you don't really care about the truth or getting what you need go ahead and deal with them, but I strongly advise against it and will never purchase anything from them again."

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“We deeply apologize for this problem. I do see that we are trying to get that product sent out for you in a timely manner. Please assure that we are working on this and monitoring it closely to make sure everything is resolved. ”

2017-06-08

No Support!

"I purchased a Kenwood KMR-D768BT on line and made several attempts to contact someone via the chat tab (to no avail.) to answer a question I had concerning the unit. I also found the same unit on another site (Gadget Town USA) $34.67 cheaper and made several more attempts to cancel the order, again with no such luck. However the item did arrive about a week later. The website had listed the item as including a remote control under the "General Features" heading of the unit, this was the feature that I had a question about initially while attempting to contact someone via chat. I checked the website almost daily to confirm that it still listed the item as having a remote included. After 7-8 days the unit did arrive and there was not a remote included. I went back to the website to have the info in front of me when I made my call to customer service to complain and by this time the remote control was now not listed as being included under the "General Feautures" of the unit. I was seriously considering returning this item but decided after doing some research about the website Sonic Electronix and seeing all the bad reviews that I may incur even more headacahes. I did however continue to attempt a call to the customer service number and was put on hold with a recorded statement that there were 2 callers ahead me in Q. About every 2 minutes the recorded message would come back on. Some 4 hrs. and 37 minutes later when I decided to hang up the phone, the same old recording would come back on with the rep still stating that their were 2 callers ahead of me. I had changed an alternator out and replaced the brakes on all 4 wheels of a vehicles with the backgroung music playing and the same recorded message still saying their were 2 callers ahead of me in Q. Oh! I was offered to keep my place in Q and hang up without loosing my place with a promised call back. I think thats where I made a mistake don't you? Where I screwed up was by not researching the seller prior to the purchase. "

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“We are extremely sorry your experience with our company was not satisfying. Please assure we strive to make every customer a happy one. We have contacted you to make this issue right. ”

2017-06-07

Horrible Company. DO NOT USE

"I literally bought a $25 car part that is needed to install a receiver in my car. When I ordered the part in no way did it ever say it would take more then a few days to ship. I'm currently 1 month since i've ordered the part and still have not received it. After I first inquired about where it is they told me it would ship 6/4 1 month after I ordered it. After talking to them today they are now saying 6/25?! It's a $25 part!! And to top it off they said I can't cancel because it's a special order part. Its literally a run of the mill part you can get anywhere. I was just lazy and wanted to order online. HORRIBLE customer service avoid at all costs. "

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“We are sorry for this inconvenience. We have contacted you to resolve this issue. ”

2017-06-07

So far so good

"As far as my customer service I have been dealing with Bill and he has given me the straight and narrow and from what I can tell hasn't given me any bull **** (I know enough about car audio to keep my head above water) Parts have shipped out next day like I had been told with UPS tracking numbers. its only been a day but we will see if they get here when stated. 5/5 so far! Thanks Bill you've been awesome!"

2017-05-23

Great service

"I worked with Jessica Einboden online and called very helpful. Speaks english and not someone from another country that i can't understand. She helped me to get the best price and shipping was only a couple days. This is the second time I've used them for multiple items. As long as they are competitive with prices I'll be a customer. "

2017-05-01

returning items blows a big one

"have been waiting over 2.5 hours to talk to a representative about returning a product
Go to another website who cares about you

Rep reply posted May-04-2017

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“Thank you for speaking with us. We are glad we resolved this situation. ”

2017-04-18

Normally excellent lately not so much

"I have been buying from sonic for some time now. My last two orders both orders were sent with opened box packages when I purchased a new items un-opened. VERY IMPORTANT POINTS THERE CUSTOMER SERVICE HAS BEEN TOTALLY AMAZING really guys the best I've ever had anyplace hand down. There shipping and processing is lighting fast I get my product next day if ordered before say one or whenever they run end of day on ups. This is why your trking numbers are sometimes delayed label made ups picks up later that day driver scans packages nowyour in the ssystem. There seems to be a problem at the Louisville warehouse. My opinion there's issues with the people receiving the returns and items that are returned for whatever reason are being put back in new stock. Either when it's being entered into computer or a warehouse issue. Opened items should not be sold as new is my only complaint. I call it growing pains they will work it out right people right places you have it down. "

2017-04-12

Horrible customer service

"Paid for a new subwoofer and they sent me opened box item.
First of all, the box was opened from the bottom of the box!! Who opens a subwoofer from the bottom/magnet side!
Called customer service, he was being so rude and asking me how did I know I received an opened box, well duh it was open when I opened the generic brown shipping box.

Then they asked me to send it back and was told I will get the refund when they received the item.

It's been a week and still never heard from them.

I called them and politely asked what the progress of the refund and they said in 3 business days max I will get it.

I've been patient but now I'm over it. I just want my money back so I can buy a subwoofer else where.

This is the worse company I've dealt with in car audio retailers.

I guess I'll be calling today again.

Rep reply posted Apr-14-2017

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“Thank you for letting us know this situation occurred. It is concerning to hear that you were not given exceptional customer service. Something we pride ourselves on. We will be contacting you now to make this issue right”

2017-04-06

Amazing

"Have bought from the company for a while now. Absolutely love them. Great customer service. They always seem to be on top of their shipments and always care for their customers. If you have a problem they will even reach out to you without asking. "

2017-04-03

Impossible to get ahold of by phone. Cancellation process frustrating.

"I placed an order for about $350 and was hoping my items would ship out in a few days. A week went by and I emailed them requesting a tracking number. I was told all items were in stock and ready to ship and I should receive a conformation soon. The next day I get an email telling me the items were not in stock and it would ship once the items arrive. I decided to cancel my order because I was leaving out of town for a month and didn't want any packages mailed to my house. I called a total of 20 times and each time I was told they were experiencing a high number of calls and to call back later. there wasn't an option to leave a message. I requested a cancellation through email and specifically asked them to cancel my order before it shipped. I sent 3 separate emails in 2 days asking for this cancellation and received 3 different conformation emails telling me they would relay this to the warehouse and they will endorse my request. 2 days later I receive a conformation that my items have shipped, which is what I was trying to avoid. I tried calling again and surprise surprise, I got the same automated message. I am not one to write reviews but my experience with this company has been bad enough to make me do so. There is a reason the last 10+ reviews are 1 star. To avoid any unnecessarily problems, I would order from another company. "

Rep reply posted Apr-04-2017

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“Thank you for letting us know this situation occurred. It is concerning to hear that you were not given exceptional customer service. Something we pride ourselves on. We will be contacting you now to make this issue right.”

2017-03-31

Slooooow shipping

"Ordered auto radio allowing plenty of time for shipping and my installation of the radio before leaving on vacation. So I thought. It didn't arrive before I left so I had an empty hole where the radio goes in my dash, and the radio is probably sitting on my front porch while I am away. Probably won't be there when I return."

Rep reply posted Apr-03-2017

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“We apologize for this shipping inconvenience. We will make sure you receive your package and we will contact you so we can correct this problem. ”

2017-03-31

Disappinted

"Ordered a radio online that was promised to come with a "free installation kit". I received a email THIS MORNING saying that my package has shipped and when I looked up the tracking number, it said it hadn't left the store yet. Then (in the same day) I received the package only it's missing my installation kit. Nobody has gotten back to me yet. I'd also like an explanation as to why my tracking number is garbage...."

Rep reply posted Apr-03-2017

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“We apologize for this delay. We will be contacting you to make sure you receive everything you ordered in a timely manner. ”

2017-03-30

Many Years leading to a let down

"I purchased "Kicker 43CWR152 COMPR15 15" 1600 Watt 2-Ohm DVC Car Audio Subwoofer". Luckily I purchased a Square trade warranty or I would be out of my money since they have blocked me to where calls from my direct cellphone cannot be accepted. I had to contact Square Trade who resolved my issue by sending me the compensation which SonicElectronix tried to deny me. They used to be a good company who cared for there fellow clients especially sine i invested over $2,600 in them but has now went down hill. Maybe it is new management or getting tired of what they do but they better wise up quick before the become OBSOLETE."

Rep reply posted Mar-31-2017

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“We deeply apologize for this rare occurrence. We completely understand your frustration with this inconvenience. It is upsetting to hear that our customer service was not at the level it should have been as we pride ourselves on that. We will be contacting you now to make sure this issue is resolved”

Share SonicElectronix's store rating

SonicElectronix is a Merchant Member! Learn more

SonicElectronix is a merchant member
SonicElectronix participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,378 merchant members.