Stores > SonicElectronix
  • SonicElectronix

6:00am - 9:00pm Mon-Fri PST, 8:00am-7:00pm Sat & Sun, Closed on National Holidays
      1-877-289-7664

Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.45/10 5.45/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.85/10 6.85/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.46/10 4.46/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.00/10 4.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review SonicElectronix by clicking a star below.
2017-05-23

Great service

"I worked with Jessica Einboden online and called very helpful. Speaks english and not someone from another country that i can't understand. She helped me to get the best price and shipping was only a couple days. This is the second time I've used them for multiple items. As long as they are competitive with prices I'll be a customer. "

2017-05-01

returning items blows a big one

"have been waiting over 2.5 hours to talk to a representative about returning a product
Go to another website who cares about you

Rep reply posted May-04-2017

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“Thank you for speaking with us. We are glad we resolved this situation. ”

2017-04-18

Normally excellent lately not so much

"I have been buying from sonic for some time now. My last two orders both orders were sent with opened box packages when I purchased a new items un-opened. VERY IMPORTANT POINTS THERE CUSTOMER SERVICE HAS BEEN TOTALLY AMAZING really guys the best I've ever had anyplace hand down. There shipping and processing is lighting fast I get my product next day if ordered before say one or whenever they run end of day on ups. This is why your trking numbers are sometimes delayed label made ups picks up later that day driver scans packages nowyour in the ssystem. There seems to be a problem at the Louisville warehouse. My opinion there's issues with the people receiving the returns and items that are returned for whatever reason are being put back in new stock. Either when it's being entered into computer or a warehouse issue. Opened items should not be sold as new is my only complaint. I call it growing pains they will work it out right people right places you have it down. "

2017-04-12

Horrible customer service

"Paid for a new subwoofer and they sent me opened box item.
First of all, the box was opened from the bottom of the box!! Who opens a subwoofer from the bottom/magnet side!
Called customer service, he was being so rude and asking me how did I know I received an opened box, well duh it was open when I opened the generic brown shipping box.

Then they asked me to send it back and was told I will get the refund when they received the item.

It's been a week and still never heard from them.

I called them and politely asked what the progress of the refund and they said in 3 business days max I will get it.

I've been patient but now I'm over it. I just want my money back so I can buy a subwoofer else where.

This is the worse company I've dealt with in car audio retailers.

I guess I'll be calling today again.

Rep reply posted Apr-14-2017

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“Thank you for letting us know this situation occurred. It is concerning to hear that you were not given exceptional customer service. Something we pride ourselves on. We will be contacting you now to make this issue right”

2017-04-06

Amazing

"Have bought from the company for a while now. Absolutely love them. Great customer service. They always seem to be on top of their shipments and always care for their customers. If you have a problem they will even reach out to you without asking. "

2017-04-03

Impossible to get ahold of by phone. Cancellation process frustrating.

"I placed an order for about $350 and was hoping my items would ship out in a few days. A week went by and I emailed them requesting a tracking number. I was told all items were in stock and ready to ship and I should receive a conformation soon. The next day I get an email telling me the items were not in stock and it would ship once the items arrive. I decided to cancel my order because I was leaving out of town for a month and didn't want any packages mailed to my house. I called a total of 20 times and each time I was told they were experiencing a high number of calls and to call back later. there wasn't an option to leave a message. I requested a cancellation through email and specifically asked them to cancel my order before it shipped. I sent 3 separate emails in 2 days asking for this cancellation and received 3 different conformation emails telling me they would relay this to the warehouse and they will endorse my request. 2 days later I receive a conformation that my items have shipped, which is what I was trying to avoid. I tried calling again and surprise surprise, I got the same automated message. I am not one to write reviews but my experience with this company has been bad enough to make me do so. There is a reason the last 10+ reviews are 1 star. To avoid any unnecessarily problems, I would order from another company. "

Rep reply posted Apr-04-2017

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“Thank you for letting us know this situation occurred. It is concerning to hear that you were not given exceptional customer service. Something we pride ourselves on. We will be contacting you now to make this issue right.”

2017-03-31

Slooooow shipping

"Ordered auto radio allowing plenty of time for shipping and my installation of the radio before leaving on vacation. So I thought. It didn't arrive before I left so I had an empty hole where the radio goes in my dash, and the radio is probably sitting on my front porch while I am away. Probably won't be there when I return."

Rep reply posted Apr-03-2017

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“We apologize for this shipping inconvenience. We will make sure you receive your package and we will contact you so we can correct this problem. ”

2017-03-31

Disappinted

"Ordered a radio online that was promised to come with a "free installation kit". I received a email THIS MORNING saying that my package has shipped and when I looked up the tracking number, it said it hadn't left the store yet. Then (in the same day) I received the package only it's missing my installation kit. Nobody has gotten back to me yet. I'd also like an explanation as to why my tracking number is garbage...."

Rep reply posted Apr-03-2017

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“We apologize for this delay. We will be contacting you to make sure you receive everything you ordered in a timely manner. ”

2017-03-30

Many Years leading to a let down

"I purchased "Kicker 43CWR152 COMPR15 15" 1600 Watt 2-Ohm DVC Car Audio Subwoofer". Luckily I purchased a Square trade warranty or I would be out of my money since they have blocked me to where calls from my direct cellphone cannot be accepted. I had to contact Square Trade who resolved my issue by sending me the compensation which SonicElectronix tried to deny me. They used to be a good company who cared for there fellow clients especially sine i invested over $2,600 in them but has now went down hill. Maybe it is new management or getting tired of what they do but they better wise up quick before the become OBSOLETE."

Rep reply posted Mar-31-2017

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“We deeply apologize for this rare occurrence. We completely understand your frustration with this inconvenience. It is upsetting to hear that our customer service was not at the level it should have been as we pride ourselves on that. We will be contacting you now to make sure this issue is resolved”

2017-03-29

Has gone down hill

"I'm a certified master installer for the past 23 years who now runs a shop from home. I don't order wholesale anymore and have relied on ordering product for my customers from sonic electronix for years. Recently this company has taken a turn for the worse with customer service, and fulfilment of orders. 3 to 4 day delivery times have been bumped to to well over a week and inventory has depleted as far as popular items are concerned. It's disheartening to constantly see " Out of stock" on product that should have been well stocked far in advance. Customer service is very lax and getting in contact with a representative by phone is now next to impossible. Very frustrating when you have a schedule to keep. I have since taken my business elsewhere for my installation needs. Good luck if you are new at ordering from this establishment. "

Rep reply posted Mar-29-2017

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“Thank you for letting us know this situation did occur. We deeply apologize that you received your product later than the expected date. We also apologize that you did not receive your installation products as well. We will be contacting you soon to resolve this issue.””

2017-03-27

Terriable customer service !!!

"Long story short , I ordered about $300 worth of stuff was told it'll be here in 2-3 days . Never arrived and about a week later my order was cancelled and my money was refunded . I called was told that they cancelled my order because they couldn't verify my address through my bank and that I would get a call back later that evening . I didn't get a call back and I tried to call the nest day to sit on hold for 23 minutes and couldn't not get ahold of them . When I finally got ahold of someone today I was told they sent an email and because I was not informed or aware about it they cancelled my order . And instead of helping me to reorder I was told I should have emailed them back and it was my fault because I didn't email them back after they were supposed to call . So I will not be ordering from Sonic Electronix again ."

Rep reply posted Mar-27-2017

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“The verification process we have is used for the protection of the business as well at the customer. We apologize that you did see it in that light. We will be contacting you soon to resolve this issue.”

2017-03-19

Shady return practices

"Purchase experience was good. Their price was better than any other place and shipping was quick. However, I had to return the item. During the return request process I paid them for a UPS return shipping label. They then deducted the cost of return shipping from the refund amount of the product on top of that. I have gone round and round multiple times with their customer service and they have still not refunded me for the double billing of the return shipment."

Rep reply posted Mar-21-2017

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“Thank you for letting us know this situation occurred. As per your request I have refunded you the full amount including shipping. ”

2017-03-09

WARNING!!!!!!!

"Please I beg you DO NOT EVER BUY FROM SONIC ELEcTRONIX. For starters they have the worst customer service i have ever encountered. It takes over 2 days to get a response by email. Also don't even bother to call them. I called 20 times through an entire day and every time all i got was "sorry are lines are full." So not only does there customer service **** but i purchased an item and it was expected to arrive in 3 days. After 2 weeks i got impatient and started emailing them since i could never get a call through. After another 2 weeks of them giving me bs email responses I FINALLY got a call through and had the order canceled. So all in all i wasted a month of my life waiting for my product which i ended up buying from walmart. So now you have been warned never buy from sonic electronix."

Rep reply posted Mar-15-2017

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“Thank you for letting us know about your experience. Per your request we have tried to contact you but to no avail. We will be contacting you again soon to resolve this issue. ”

2017-03-08

Incompetent

"Ordered a couple pairs of speakers a week later received someone else's merchandise call to let them know stopped my correct order and two weeks later have a very unhappy customer waiting for his equipment still have not received it 2 weeks after ordering due to internal failure at Sonic Electronix now trying to contact somebody with information on my order as I get his recording stating that all there call volumes are full and I have to call back this is the third day of trying to contact somebody beware they penalize you for them sending you the wrong equipment. They would not send me my equipment and tell I sent out there wrong equipment sent to me very unhappy!"

Rep reply posted Mar-09-2017

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“We deeply apologize for this inconvenience. We make sure everything is sent out correctly in a timely manner. It sounds like that procedure unfortunately did not occur with your order. We will contact you now to resolve this issue, ”

2017-03-03

Have filed complaint with DCA and BBB

"I ordered a part back in December 2016. It is now March 2017. No part. Multiple excuses from the company. Promises never kept. Now I have lost the customer for the installation. AND more money than they originally deposited. Just so I could make it up to them and not have to worry about a bad review or word of mouth. Because we all know, that's extremely important in this business."

Rep reply posted Mar-03-2017

Share SonicElectronix's store rating

SonicElectronix is a Merchant Member! Learn more

SonicElectronix is a merchant member
SonicElectronix participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,404 merchant members.