• Small Bear Elec

Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10

2015-02-09

"SBE has excellent instructions (esp. for newbies) for building guitar stompboxes and they have good selection of kits and components. The prices are even quite good given this is a small operation. I received my order quickly and am very happy with the Ursa Minor kit I purchased. I've also found Steve to be responsive to emails and questions."

This review was modified by tjkirk on February 09 2015 06:56:41 AM

2015-01-14

"Small Bear has been excellent to purchase parts from. It's not mouser. Duh. Steve may even have a day job or a life for all we know! Don't put in your mission critical NASA contract orders here if you're so worried about it. SBE serves a niche market and they do an excellent job IMHO.

I've had one issue with an order missing some items. They took care of it promptly."

2013-09-24

"I cannot recommend this place. I've been building pedals and amplifiers for nearly thirty years. I've worked for some major electronic manufacturers. In all of my experience, I have never seen a company screw up like Small Bear Electronics. They constantly leave part of my order out, and then when I complain, they usually send out the wrong thing. It happened again recently, and I had to tell them I was never ordering from them again. They are VERY hard to contact and have horrendous customer service. Again---I do not recommend Small Bear."

This review was modified by BigJim57 on September 24 2013 07:50:30 PM

2007-11-16

"This store is a highly advertised one among DIY guitar effects community and I really really do not know why. It appears many established builders refer to this store blindly.

They have the absolute high prices of the industry, they do not have a good customer service, website design is very bad (even the stock list is not in order, just random), there is zero to none details of the products with almost no pictures of them, they have very high shipping costs, etc.

I ordered three times from this store. Everytime my order was shipped about 3-4 days later, I was charged with ridiculously high shipping for very light items via USPS First Class Mail (which costs around 1-2 dollars) without proper packaging. Last time I ordered 10 very thin drill bits, smaller then 1/64, told them I was in a rush on monday. They answered my e-mail on wednesday and tell me they will ship on Friday.

For conlusion, I tried 3 times and they failed to meet the hype. Both pedalpartsplus.com and effectsconnection.com have way better prices and so very much better customer service."

This review was modified by musicelectronix on November 21 2007 11:06:33 PM

Share Small Bear Electronics's store rating

Small Bear Electronics is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Small Bear Electronics is not a merchant member
Small Bear Electronics does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!